JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer

Author Topic: General Japanese Movie Thread  (Read 62514 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: General Japanese Movie Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
Yoshio Harada, who passed away a few days ago at the age of 71, in "Onibi" (The Fire Within) (1997) which won several awards at the 19th Yokohama film festival. Best Film, Best Director-Rokuro Mochizuki, Best Actor- Yoshio Harada, and Best Supporting Actress - Reiko Kataoka. Remember, Harada san is about 57 years old in this film- he had incredible screen presence.  Onibi (Japanese Trailer) 1997 {With thanks to  ShiddenDirtyDortmund}

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 06:46:44 PM »
Yoshio Harada, about 32 years old, in a classic tale about the one against the many....

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
Fairly good movie I just viewed, based upon the novel by Keigo Higashino, not to be missed if you're a Ryoko fan. :inlove:

And just got Tokyo Marigold, been wanting to watch it for a loooong time, about to kick back and view it, with Rena!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »
 :cow:

On August 30th, a special party celebrating the completion of the film adaptation of  “Moteki” was held in Roppongi, Tokyo.

The movie stars actors Moriyama Mirai, who will play the movie’s protagonist, as well as his co-stars Nagasawa Masami, Asou Kumiko, Naka Riisa, and Maki Youko. The story chronicles the experience of Fujimoto Yukiyo, a thirty-year-old temporary worker who has never had much luck with women but suddenly finds himself becoming very popular with the ladies. “Last year up until this year was the most popular with ladies I’d been in my entire life,” Moriyama said jokingly.

“Moteki” was a regular series in the Kodansha serialization “Evening” from 2008 to 2010, and ended with a total of 180 chapter across four volumes. The manga inspired a successful drama series of the same name that aired for several months last year, and also featured Moriyama as the lead. For the movie adaptation, Fujimoto graduates from being a temporary work and starts a new life as a writer on a news site utilizing a completely original story written by Kobo Mitsurou himself. Now thirty-one years old, Fujimoto experiences yet another “moteki” (period of time when one is popular with the opposite sex) and attracts four completely different women.

In the movie, Nagasawa Masami plays a cute magazine editor named Matsuo Miyuki who gets to know Fujimoto over Twitter, and also possesses a “murderous smile”. Asou Kumiko will join in as Miyuki’s close friend Masumoto Rumiko, a simple and naive woman who “reverse confesses” to Fujimoto. Ai, a mysterious woman who works at a girls bar and “reverse proposes” to the lucky main character, will be played by Naka Riisa. Lastly, Maki Youko will charm viewers with her character Karaki Motoko, a woman with a vicious mouth and a propensity for dirty jokes.

The main theme song is titled “Disco“, and will be provided by Jooubachi. “Yoake no BEAT“, the FUJIFABRIC song that served as the opening theme to the drama, will return for a reprise role as the opening track for the movie. “It’s a movie so packed with J-POP and J-ROCK that you’ll enjoy how we ended up whittling it down,” Moriyama said brightly about the upcoming film.

“Moteki” will hit theaters on September 23rd.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 12:34:13 AM »
Director Masato Harada's "Waga Haha no Ki " / わが母の記( English title "Chronicle of My Mother"), a film based on an autobiographical novel by Yasushi Inoue, has been awarded a special jury award at the 35th Montreal World Film Festival on Aug 28.  Koji Yakusho plays the novelist, and Kirin Kiki play the mother. Aoi Miyazaki works once again with Yakusho, playing his daughter. The film is scheduled to be released next year in Japan. Harada released a statement: "I was very pleased to hear such bright news amid the gloomy atmosphere in Japan. It's a privilege that people in Montreal felt empathy for the story of family ties."

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 08:38:39 PM »

Latest watch was that, Carmen Comes Home, from 1951 and it holds some historical value to it as it was the first full length Japanese movie in color, short clip from it.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 01:25:55 AM »
over in the Erika Toda thread, we have been discussing her new movie......looking forward to seeing this one!  :yep:(to be released on October 1)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2011, 03:19:34 AM »

^^ That's another movie I'm looking forward to though it's already had it's theatre run in which it did quite well, :) Hankyu is coming out on DVD October 28th, 3 editions and sadly none are subbed, deluxe edition is....$84 US dollars. :sweatdrop:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
Saw Gantz Perfect Answer. A few great action scenes. A little slowdown. Romance spots.. um. :P
Totally sways away from the manga and anime storylines though.
The movie's character changes (also lack of time describing their backstory) softened the edginess of the story alot too. I kinda liked how Kurono evolved from selfish, reckless, horny, coward guy (aka normal human) to team leader/hero. Taking that away makes it harder to connect to him.

But overall it was still a pretty cool movie. :)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »
Now this was one cool movie, Fine, Totally Fine...really funny and quirky, great job by the 2 leads Yosi and Yoshino. :thumbsup

For those who've never seen anything with Yoshino Kimura in it you're really missing out. :bow:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 AM »
New movie that's coming in January is Shinzanmono, it was a drama that starred Hiroshi Abe and luckily for us he's also starring in it. :thumbsup Has a great cast, also features Yui Aragaki, Rena Tanaka and others, just a short trailer is out for it now, here it is. :)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
Couple recent watches, first one was good but could have titled it Attention Please 2. ;)

:welcome

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2011, 02:04:38 AM »
Last few watches, think the Red Peony series should be required viewing before anyone is allowed to post. :yep:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 05:24:19 AM »
Higanjima - Bunch of teenagers going to an island to find a missing brother and kill vampires. Watched it cos it had Ikemen Desune's Takimoto Miori. :oops:
It was surprisingly good. I was expecting it to be one of those corny "gushing blood" movies, but I think it's more along the area of CG/action summer flick quality.

SP: Kakumei Hen
Wasn't as boring as the previous, cos it had a few nicer action scenes. Still, it just doesn't have the charm of the series.
Actually the movie adaptions of most jdramas I can remember all have snorefest slow pacing and don't do the series justice. Darn... SPEC is coming soon... ;)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »
^^ Yeah, hope SPEC doesn't fall into the same trap, it's actually 2 movies for the drama, one a TV film the other a theatrical release.
Latest watches, can't believe how many movies I watch. :sweatdrop:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2011, 03:47:57 AM »
Hotaru no Hikari will be a theatrical movie next year.

Ayase Haruka is currently visiting Rome, Italy with Fujiki Naohito to film for their upcoming movie “Hotaru no Hikari” which is scheduled to be released in early summer 2012. In recently released photos, Ayase appearedin a wedding dress. As reported previously, this is the movie adaptation of popular TV drama.

The movie will feature the bustling honeymoon of Hotaru(Ayase) and her husband Takano(Fujiki) in Rome. They filmed at famous places for “Roman Holiday“, and just like Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, they were driving around the city  on a scooter Vespa.

Many tourists’ eyes were riveted on those “Japanese Hepburn&Gregory.” Fujiki felt a bit shy about that and said, “I was embarrassed to have pictures taken of me.“ On the other hand, Ayase seemed just happy with her first overseas filming and said, “It’s amazing filming in Rome in a wedding dress!”

As Ayase said that she and Fujiki are attuned to each other through its drama series, they make a perfect pair.

Ayase said, “I wish this movie will attract the young generation who don’t know “Roman Holiday”, and make them want to go to Rome.” Fujiki also commented with full of spirits, “Wherever we film, Rome make it into a great scene. With this great location, I want to make a wonderful movie.”

They will continue filming in Rome until the beginning of October.

SANSPO

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »
Last watch, nothing overly great but a good time killer. ;)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2011, 09:49:47 PM »
Last watch which was a really cool one was Blueprint of Murder from 1961, many stars including one of the real beauties of that era, Kumi Mizuno. Sadly no trailer for it but if you liked Black Test Car or Giants & Toys and industrial espinonage stories then this would be right up your alley. 8)

Offline Frenchy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 03:41:48 AM »
^^ +1 for Blueprint for Murder
For a comic take on industrial espionage - be sure and check out The Crazy Cats in クレージー大作戦

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 02:42:47 AM »
^^ Found one of the Crazy Cats films but unsubbed, they're well known but hard to find. :sweatdrop:
3 Second before Explosion was a solid thriller, Kobayashi is one of my all time faves from that era, he wasn't exactly a James Bond type of spy in this but did always have some weapon or gadget to get him out of trouble. 8)

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer