JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsugou no ii Karada

Author Topic: Eri Kamei vs. Morning Musume  (Read 84912 times)

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Eri Kamei vs. Morning Musume
« Reply #480 on: August 05, 2008, 10:46:24 PM »
Ai Takahashi
Unknown, Sea
October 10, 2:38 AM

WHEN THE GRENDADE EXPLODED, EVERYTHING happened too fast for Ai to think about.

There were only sensations, terror reigning over all. Brilliant light and explosive movement as the door blew outward, hardness against her back that gave way in an instant, lungs screaming, a billion bubbles like bullets, and incredible, impossible pressure that seemed to go on and on in shades of cold and black.

Faster than fast, movement and muffled, strange sound.

Dark shapes moved over her feeling mind, blotting out everything in growing flickers of dizziness and her chest was imploding, her lungs eating themselves.

She kicked and kicked and kicked and as her legs started to weaken, the dark flickers swallowing her up—
• air, sweet, wonderful air slapped across her dying face.

She drank convulsively, gasping in great, heaving gulps of the stuff, still not thinking at all. Her body thought instead, greedily swallowing life, the
spray and sting of salt, the warmer, rocking waves, a high, reedy buzz—
CRASH!

A massive wave of pressure pushed her forward, driving water up her nose as buckets of it suddenly rained down on top of her.

Ai gasped air, spinning, her mind connected to her body again.
Hitomi! What’s—

“Ai!” A choked cry, from somewhere in the buzzing dark. The buzz was clearer now, it was—
CRASH!

Another surging wave, another torrent pouring over her, seeking to drown her as Chin had been unable to do, and as the rain fell away, she saw light—thick beams of it piercing the dark, wild surface of the cove.

A boat.
An engine’s powerful, deepening thrum as it sped toward her over the thrashing sea.

“Ai!” Hitomi’s desperate call, from her left.
“I’m here—
CRASH!

She could see the explosion this time, see the giant column of water silhouetted against the searching beams of light before the debris-encrusted wave knocked her back, blinding her with a vicious slap of foam. She managed to take a quick gulp of air before the column came down, crashing over her, spattering loudly against the choppy surface.

Depth charges, they’re firing depth charges—
Who?

The boat was less than thirty meters away when the engine suddenly cut out, the lights playing across the water in front of her. There was a splashing movement nearby—
• and the lights moved, one of the blindingly bright beams finding Hitomi’s exhausted, dripping face a short distance away.

A man’s voice- shouting in English, coming from the boat now moving slowly toward them. “This is Captain Reilly of the U.S. National Central Bureau of INTERPOL! Identify yourself!”
U.S…- Interpol?

Reilly went on, his shout louder as the boat came closer. “The water’s not safe! We’re coming to get you out!”

Hitomi called back, her voice clogged and cracking. “Yoshizawa, Hitomi Yoshizawa, please- and Ai Takahashi—“

When Reilly shouted again, he said the most wonderful, most beautiful words that Ai had ever heard.
“Eri Kamei sent us to find you! Hang on!”
Eri. Oh, thank God, Eri!

As drained as she was, as spiritually wasted, torn by loss and fear from the long, terrible night, Ai had just enough strength to smile.

That’s when she heard the choking groan behind her.

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
  • GakiKame now and forever
« Reply #481 on: August 05, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »
O.M.G :shocked:

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #482 on: August 05, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »
There was darkness, tinged with red and an echo of pain. In that darkness, there was no self and no peace; she was alone and engaged in battle, a furious struggle to find the end to that absence of light. She knew that finding the end quickly was important, but a maze of strange and somehow frightening images
blocked her way, insisting that she didn’t need to hurry.

A ghost, a S.W.A.T, a rage. The ringing laugh of a girl she had known who was no more—and the terrible dead eyes that had taken away the light in an
explosion of fire and sound.
Eyes that she knew but was afraid to remember....

The maze beckoned her, called to her to explore deeper and give up her search for the end of darkness—that the path would only lead to greater pain—and she’d almost decided to stop fighting, to let the shadows take over when the light found her in an explosive blast of deafening thunder.

Then she was being shot through ice and liquid black, pounded to consciousness by pain—and it was the pain that she focused on in that screaming, terrible ride, the pain that drove her to fight the darkness.

Her awareness spun away as the air curdled in her lungs and the raging cold numbed the pain—but then she could breathe, and the jagged piece of bobbing wood beneath her clawed fingers told her that there was, in fact, light.

She wasn’t dead, although she almost wished she were—she could still hardly breathe, and the pain in her back was exquisite—and then she heard the sound of Hitomi’s voice amidst the sloshing cold and felt that life might be worth living, after all- because suddenly she remembered.

She remembered everything. She was a part of something special- something that no special ops group can ever attain. She was- is a member of Morning Musume.

She tried to call out, but all that emerged was an exhausted moan. There was a stab of sharp and blinding light—and then darkness again, but there was a flicker of awareness this time that allowed her to understand what was happening.

Pain and movement, a feeling of weightless suspension and then hardness against her cheek. Chill and more movement, the sound of cloth ripping and paper tearing. Excited voices calling orders, and again, the shriek of torn flesh.

When she came around again, she saw a shadow in a INTERPOL vest bending over her with an IV bag in one hand and a needle in the other. Hope that’s morphine, she tried to say, but again, she only groaned.

A split second later, she saw two pale blurs hovering over her as the Interpol shadow continued to work over her with warm and gentle hands. The blurs were two Morning Musume's- just like her- their eyes circled with dark, hair dripping, faces tired and lost.

“You’re going to be okay, Reina,” Hitomi said softly.
“Just rest now. It’s all over.”

A spreading warmth started to flush through her body, a delicious, sleepy warmth that banished the roar of pain to a distant and faraway land. Just as a friendly darkness came to claim her, she looked into Hitomi’s eyes and managed to rasp out what she suddenly wanted to say more than anything.
It took great effort, but it had to be said.

“You two look like somethin’ a coyote ate and shit off a cliff,” she mumbled. “Seriously . . .”

Reina was followed into the healing blackness by the sweet sound of laughter.

Offline High-King

• fanfic lurker...
« Reply #483 on: August 05, 2008, 11:03:29 PM »
WOW. HOLLLLLY CRAP.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #484 on: August 05, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »
WHOA!

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #485 on: August 05, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »
Hitomi Yoshizawa
Sea, Interpol Rescue Boat
October 10, 6:32 AM

The middle-aged Interpol medic who spoke Japanese had taken Reina inside the small cabin on the thirty-foot boat, coming out only once to tell them that everything looked all right.

Two broken ribs, some deep tissue trauma and a punctured lung, but they’d managed to patch her up well enough to call her stable and she was resting
comfortably.

A medevac helicopter had already been radioed for and would be arriving soon, and the medic seemed confident that Reina would manage a full recovery.

Hitomi had wept a little at the news, and not been a bit ashamed.

They sat in the back of the boat, huddled under a scratchy wool blanket as Reilly and his team continued to set charges, powering easily back and forth across the cove.

The small American Interpol team had already brought up four of the giant creatures before they’d seen the explosive burst of air and debris that
had come up from the lab, and it was starting to look as though there weren’t any more.

Hitomi had one arm around Ai, the girl leaning against Hitomi's chest as the black sky gradually started to shade to a deep, ethereal blue. Neither of them spoke, too tired to do more than watch the team work, dropping charges and searching the results, back and forth and back again.

Reilly had promised to send divers down for Chin’s tanks as soon as the cove was clear and Reina had been picked up.

There were two wetsuits already laid out on the bow’s deck, a young American, whose name Hitomi had forgotten, prepping them with studied intensity. He reminded Hitomi of Koharu a little bit…

Somehow, the thought of Koharu didn’t bring the kind of pain that Hitomi expected it would.

It hurt, it hurt like hell— Sayumi and Koharu- but when she thought of what they had managed to stop, what they had been a part of...
... it wasn’t all for nothing.

We stopped Chin’s insanity, stopped her from effectively killing millions of
innocent people. God, they would have been so proud. . . .

The pain was bad, but the guilt wasn’t as devastating as she’d feared it would be. Her responsibility in their deaths was something she knew she’d have to ponder for a long time to come—but she thought that there was a good chance that she’d be able to find a way to come to terms with it eventually.

She wasn’t sure how, but the tears she’d been able to shed over Reina had struck her as a step in the right direction.

Hitomi’s tired thoughts turned to Japan, to what role they’d played in Rockfort’s madness. While they surely hadn’t meant for their researcher to go mad, they had created the circumstances that allowed it to happen; their complete disregard for human life could only have been encouragement for someone like Niita.
And without Japan, the scientist would never have had access to the virus. .. .

Someday soon, they’ll be held accountable for what they’ve done. Not today or tomorrow, but soon. . . so for now-
Hitomi watched the waves crash against the rescue boat-
This- the rescue is a gift from god- or rather, a turtle-

Apparently, Eri had come across a gateway of communication hours ago- maybe in the city- informing the world to send help- and for that, though they had their differences, Hitomi felt forever grateful in Kamei’s debt.

Deeply saddened by her, Miki’s and Risa’s unfortunate fates- Hitomi vowed to never let Niita- wherever she is- get away with this atrocity, maybe one day someon-
Ai curled closer against her, Ai's breath warm and even against Hitomi's drying clothes, and Hitomi let the thoughts go for the time being, content to simply sit and not think at all.

She was very, very tired.

As the first rays of the sun slipped over the horizon, Reilly pronounced the waters clean, though neither Hitomi nor Ai heard him; both had fallen into a deep and dreamless sleep beneath the twilight of the coming day.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:39:17 PM by meowchi »

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #486 on: August 05, 2008, 11:30:41 PM »
Updates GALORE!!!! Hope you guys enjoy the ride!

Btw, just out of curiosity, do you know when this fic will finish?

Well the prelude took place on Oct 11, and currently the story is at Oct 10 (early morning)- so... it's more than halfway done! and lol @ ichiban kawaii...

High-King: Hey, I didn't just put that list in the story for nothing! Remember, if I mention somethign early on in the story, it will always come to play later on...

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
« Reply #487 on: August 06, 2008, 12:33:16 AM »
Those are the most amount of updates I have ever seen in my life! XD You should get an award or something :muffin:

Someday soon, they’ll be held accountable for what they’ve done. Not today or tomorrow, but soon. . . so for now-
Hitomi watched the waves crash against the rescue boat-
This- the rescue is a gift from god- or rather, a turtle-

Apparently, Eri had come across a gateway of communication hours ago- maybe in the city- informing the world to send help- and for that, though they had their differences, Hitomi felt forever grateful in Kamei’s debt.

Eri reached land! What about Aya and Risa? :?

Deeply saddened by her, Miki’s and Risa’s unfortunate fates-

Wait, hold the phone. What happened to Eri and Risa? Did they die? What about Aya? How does Yossie know this anyways?
Maybe I missed something...
Did I?
I'm so confused @_@
I wonder if Eri and Risa confessed to each before they died (if they did die)...
Update on the trio (past?) or explanation?
@_@

I love this story so much!
I hare re-reading stories since I always know what's going to happen so I lose interest in it, but I could re-read this story forever XD You've got me hooked!

Well the prelude took place on Oct 11, and currently the story is at Oct 10 (early morning)- so... it's more than halfway done!

:mon huh2: Just past halfway? HOLY CRAP! XD Well, I'll make sure to look forward to a lot more from you!

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #488 on: August 06, 2008, 01:49:03 AM »
Wow. So sad. :cry: First Miki, now Sayumi and Koharu. I'm sooo glad that Reina's okay, though! Her comment at the end was hilarious. :lol:

Deeply saddened by her, Miki’s and Risa’s unfortunate fates- Hitomi vowed to never let Niita- wherever she is- get away with this atrocity, maybe one day someon-
When did Risa die? Am I missing something or does Yossie not know what happened to her?

Offline High-King

• fanfic lurker...
« Reply #489 on: August 06, 2008, 03:36:30 AM »
i dont think eri and risa are dead, that chin doctor must've been bluffing.............

Offline KizuRai

« Reply #490 on: August 06, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »
OMG
I miss a day to finish up a project and this is what happens~
Okay.. j-just end it now please T_T

Well the prelude took place on Oct 11, and currently the story is at Oct 10 (early morning)- so... it's more than halfway done!
..........are you serious... I rather it not.. It seems so peaceful right now that I don't want it to continue, or else I'll be sent into a emotional turmoil again.

My heart nearly stopped when Koharu was given the command by Chin and pulled the trigger <-- does this count as a spoiler or am i promoting people to read it XD
Chin is an idiot ><
there's no frickin' way Eri will die, but I guess the next update is going to be centering around them now huh..

Excuse me for a bit, I'm feeling depressed at the moment, so I'm going to go and watch an Alo-hello or something >__>

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #491 on: August 07, 2008, 02:34:37 AM »
My heart nearly stopped when Koharu was given the command by Chin and pulled the trigger
Me too. Mainly all of the stuff that happened with Sayumi and Koharu. :O

(And I cried when I found out Reina was alive. :oops: :lol:)

Offline Regent

• ecchi
« Reply #492 on: August 07, 2008, 07:53:46 AM »
Wow. What a ride indeed. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this fic is unbelievably good.  :inlove:

I can't wait for more.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #493 on: August 07, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »

Eri reached land! What about Aya and Risa? :?

I'm typing up an update as we speak!

Quote from: kona

Wait, hold the phone. What happened to Eri and Risa? Did they die? What about Aya? How does Yossie know this anyways?

No- you're right on the money! Reilly (of INTERPOL), received Eri's message- remember when Eri sent out all those emails after Aya threw a fit?
From earlier chapter: "When Aya had taken off running, Eri hadn't followed immediately, wanting to get a message to her family ASAP, not to mention sending out various other e-mails- to international organizations- the U.S.A government being one of them."

When did Risa die? Am I missing something or does Yossie not know what happened to her?

Yossie's (unfortunately) taking Chin's word ... and she know's this isn't over yet :)

And thanks for the comments guys!

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #494 on: August 07, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »
Risa Niigaki
Unknown, Sea Plane (Cockpit)
October 10, 1:03 PM

Risa was dreaming about her mother when she began to awaken suddenly, afraid for some reason, the dream slipping away even as she remembered where she was.

Eri made a soft, sleepy sound in the back of her throat and nuzzled closer, her head against Risa's left shoulder, her breath warm against her chest.
Oh, Risa thought, afraid to move, not wanting to wake her up.

With Aya wanting some privacy in the cargo hold- probably too shaken up to be with us- Risa and Eri'd fallen asleep side-by-side leaning against the cockpit wall, and had apparently moved closer together at some point. She had no idea what time it was, or how long they'd slept, but they were still in the
air, muted sunlight still coming in through the windows.

They'd talked for a while after Niita had taken control of the plane, but not about what they were going to do at the end of their hijacked ride. Eri had remarked that since they couldn't do anything about it, there was
no point in worrying.

Instead, they'd eaten— Eri had nabbed a few packs of vending machine nuts, for which Risa would be eternally grateful—and done their best to wash up using a little of the bottled water, and then talked.
Really talked.

Eri'd told her about going to Rockfort City to find her, and everything that had happened there and what she knew about Niita and Aya... and she'd told her a lot of other random stuff, too.
She was in planning on going to college- after Morning Musume, and maybe start up a business with her mom- a cafe, and she'd been thinking about getting a drivers' license, but was probably going to give it up because of how dangerous she thought driving is.
She still liked to dance so she didn't want to graduate from Morning Musume anytime soon,  but she also liked having a quiet, non-idol life, and she thought
memorizing lyrics was starting to get boring, and spaghetti with trimmed chicken meat is her new favorite food for no apparent reason.

She was totally, incredibly cool as Risa remembered her to be, the coolest girl she'd ever met— and with their idol contracts prohibiting publicly dating, they've grown close to each other— having the foundations of a relationship- just neither one of them ever took a step further- which always left Risa confused.

Eri'd always laughed at a lot of her jokes, and thought it was cool when Risa showed her robot dance, and when Risa talked about the survivors she tried to save on Rockfort, Eri'd listened without getting all pushy.
And she's so weird, and beautiful...

Risa looked down at her, at her tousled hair and long lashes, her heart pounding even though she was trying to relax. Eri moved again, shifting in her sleep, her head tilting back a little—and her slightly parted lips were
suddenly close enough for Risa to kiss, all she had to do was tip her face down a few inches, and she wanted to so bad that she actually started to do it, lowering her mouth toward hers—

"Mmmm," Eri murmured, still totally asleep, and Risa stopped, pulling back, her heart beating even faster. She totally wanted to but not like that, not if Eri didn't want her to. Risa thought she did, but Risa remembered Eri was really close to Sayumi, too, and she wasn't so sure that they were just friends.
Feeling tortured, having Eri so close but not hers, she was relieved when Eri rolled away from her a few seconds later.

Risa stood up, stretching stiff legs, and walked to the front of the plane, wondering if Aya was awake, and the thought of dealing with that crazy Niita asshole once again drying up the last of her positive feelings. She hoped that Eri would sleep awhile longer, she'd been so tired—
—until she saw what was outside, and read the heading, and realized that their altitude had dropped considerably.

The plane was starting to pitch some, bucking, and no wonder. On the map reader next to the compass was an approximate latitude-longitude for their position.

"Eri, wake up! You gotta come see this!"
A few seconds later she was at her side, rubbing her eyes— which widened considerably when she looked out the window.
There was a near blizzard of ice and snow pounding down, extending as far as they could see.

"We're over the Antarctic," Risa said.
"As in the South Pole?" Eri asked, incredulous.
Eri grabbed the back of the copilot seat as the plane roller-coastered. "Penguins and killer whales, all that?"

"I don't know about the wildlife, but we're at a latitude of 82.17 South," Risa said. "Definitely the bottom of the world. And I'm not positive, but I think we're coming in for a landing. We're slowing down, anyway."

Maybe Niita's plan was to drop them in the middle of nowhere and let them freeze to death. Not flashy, but it would certainly do the trick. Risa wished she could
get her bare hands on the researcher for just a minute, just one.
She wasn't much of a fighter, but Niita would melt like a cream puff.

"We must be headed for that," Eri said, pointing right, and Risa squinted, barely able to see through the storm... and then she saw the other planes, and the long, low buildings that she had spotted, only a few minutes away.
"You think it's one of Japan's?" Risa asked, knowing before Eri nodded that it had to be. Who else?
The plane's nose continued to dip down, carrying them to whatever Niita had in mind, but Risa was actually a little relieved.

"I'm gonna check on Aya-"

Risa nodded and Eri took one last look out the window and briskly headed over to the cargo hold- metal door slamming behind her.

The young Musume sighed. Meeting up with Japan again sucked, of course, but at least someone else would be in charge, and not every government employee was as
shrink-wrapped as Niita. She couldn't imagine that everyone would drop what they were doing to kiss Niita's ass, either. Maybe she and Eri could find someone
to bargain with, or bribe somehow ...

They were closing in for a first pass, the ride getting squirrelly, the wings probably heavy with ice—when Risa realized that they were way too low, too low and too fast. The landing gear had dropped at some point, but there was no way they could land at their speed and altitude.

"Pull up, pull up ..." Risa said, watching the buildings get big too quickly, feeling prickles of sweat breaking out all over. She slid into the pilot's chair, grabbing the yoke and pulling back—and nothing happened.

The cargo hold door opened suddenly, footsteps erratic-
"Risa- Aya- she's gone!"
She's... what!?

"Just- no time- belt up, we're going to crash!" Risa shouted, grabbing
for her own belt as Eri jumped into the other seat, the buckles snapping shut just as they touched down—
—and alarms started shrieking as the landing gear crumpled and tore away, the plane's belly slamming into the ground.

The cabin bounced wildly, the seat belts the only thing keeping them from hitting the roof. Eri let out a yelp as a wave of snow crashed into the windshield, and there was a giant metal SCREECH behind them as the tail or a wing ripped away—
—and enough of the churning snow pack fell away from the glass for them to see the building in front of them, the out of control plane sliding for it, smoke coming from somewhere, they were going to hit and—
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:47:31 AM by meowchi »

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2008, 12:23:47 AM »
:shocked: The Antarctic!?
Risa likes Eri! OMG! Please let Eri like Risa! XD Maybe something will make them confess to each other, but I hope it's not death or anything like that!

She was totally, incredibly cool as Risa remembered her to be, the coolest girl she'd ever met— and with their idol contracts prohibiting publicly dating, they've grown close to each other— having the foundations of a relationship- just neither one of them ever took a step further- which always left Risa confused.

Eri'd always laughed at a lot of her jokes, and thought it was cool when Risa showed her robot dance, and when Risa talked about the survivors she tried to save on Rockfort, Eri'd listened without getting all pushy.
And she's so weird, and beautiful...

Risa looked down at her, at her tousled hair and long lashes, her heart pounding even though she was trying to relax. Eri moved again, shifting in her sleep, her head tilting back a little—and her slightly parted lips were
suddenly close enough for Risa to kiss, all she had to do was tip her face down a few inches, and she wanted to so bad that she actually started to do it, lowering her mouth toward hers—

"Mmmm," Eri murmured, still totally asleep, and Risa stopped, pulling back, her heart beating even faster. She totally wanted to but not like that, not if Eri didn't want her to. Risa thought she did, but Risa remembered Eri was really close to Sayumi, too, and she wasn't so sure that they were just friends.
Feeling tortured, having Eri so close but not hers, she was relieved when she rolled away from her a few seconds later.

My favourite part  :wub:

I wonder if Aya jumped out of the plane? Secret parachute? But the question is, where would she land? Maybe she jumped out with a life boat XD

The cabin bounced wildly, the seat belts the only thing keeping them from hitting the roof. Eri let out a yelp as a wave of snow crashed into the windshield, and there was a giant metal SCREECH behind them as the tail or a wing ripped away—
—and enough of the churning snow pack fell away from the glass for them to see the building in front of them, the out of control plane sliding for it, smoke coming from somewhere, they were going to hit and—
Cliffhanger much?! I can't wait for the update!

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2008, 12:44:24 AM »
Eri Kamei
Antarctica, Facility (Sea Plane Wreckage)
October 10, 1:37 PM

ERI'S HEAD HURT. AGAIN.
Something was on fire, she could smell smoke and she was incredibly cold, and she suddenly remembered what had happened—the snow, the building, the crash. Aya. Niita.

"A..ya...?" Eri yelled out, eyes still closed. "Aya!"
No response.
Did she jump? No- of course not- where the heck did she go?

Eri opened her eyes and lifted her head, the action awkward and difficult because she was still strapped into her chair, now tilted forward at about a 45 degree angle—
and there was Risa in her chair, not moving.
"Risa! Risa, wake up!"

Risa groaned and mumbled something, and Eri breathed easier. After a few tries Eri managed to get her seatbelt off and slid into a crouch, her feet on what had been the instrument panel. She couldn't see much out of the windshield with the angle they were at, but it appeared that they were inside some big building.

There was gray metal siding some fifty or sixty feet in front of them,
and through the gaping hole on her side of the plane, she could see a bit of walkway with a railing maybe eight or nine feet below.

So where is everybody? Where is anybody? If it was a government facility, why weren't there a dozen soldiers dragging them out of the wreckage? Or at least a few pissed off janitors ...

Risa was coming around, though Eri could see a nasty bump at the edge of Risa's hairline. Eri reached up and found that she had a matching bump just above her
right temple, about an inch higher than the one she'd woken up with... yesterday? The day before?
My, how time flies when you keep getting knocked unconscious.

"What's burning?" Risa asked, opening bleary eyes.
"I don't know," Eri said. There was just a trace of smoke in the cabin, she figured it was coming from some other part of the plane.

In any case, she didn't want to stick around, see if anything blew up.
"But we should get out of here. Do you think you can walk?"

"These boots were made for walking," Risa mumbled, and Eri tensed a brow- suddenly blabbering gibberish about Aya, helping Risa with her seatbelt.

"She's … gone-?" Risa said, not sure how to say it and dumbfounded as ever- figuring her and Eri's expression were the same. "You're talking about
Aya right?"
Eri nodded nervously. "Who else? The hold was empty..."

There was a moment of silence, a grim moment, and Risa sighed.
"Maybe she y’know- jumped... I mean- …she did seem a little distant when..."
Risa stopped herself, when she noticed Eri's eyes swell up.

"couldn't have- she couldn't have- really- " Eri paused. "She was so happy- before Niita-"
She began to sniffle, her head down in shame- silent and mournful as ever.
Aya, why? After all that's happened-
"Hey," Risa interrupted. "There's nothing you could've done..."

Eri didn’t say anything more as Risa embraced her, and after a few minutes Eri began to regain her composure.
Right. What's done is done. You're not out of this yet...
“Come on Eri-chan… Let’s get ready for round two-”

They salvaged what they could from the weaponry that was piled at their feet, Aya's machine pistol- which Risa grimly put in her thigh holster- and Eri's 9mm. Unfortunately, they were low on ammo, and a couple of clips had gone missing. Eri had twenty-seven rounds, Aya's had fifteen. They split them up, and with
nothing else to keep them aboard, Risa lowered herself out over the walkway, dropping the last few feet.

"What's out there?" Eri asked, sitting on the edge of the hole and tucking her gun in her belt. It was cold enough for her to see her breath, but she thought she could manage for a little while.

"Not a whole lot, actually..." Risa called back, looking around. "We're in a big round building—I think it's built around a mine shaft or something, there's a straight drop through the middle. There's nobody here."

She looked up at her and raised her arms. "Come on down Eri, I gotcha."

Eri doubted it. Risa was in good shape but had a girl's physique, not muscular. On the other hand, she couldn't stay in the plane all day, and she hated jumping off things higher than a few feet, she definitely wanted a helping hand...

"Coming down," Eri said, and pushed herself off the hole's edge, holding on as long she could—
—and then she was dropping, and Risa emitted an "oof sound, and then they were both on the ground, Risa on her back with her arms around Eri, Eri on top of her.

"Nice catch," she said.
"Ouf, what’d you eat? A horse?..." Risa wheezed, smiling.

Risa was warm. And attractive, and sweet, and obviously interested, and for a few seconds, neither of them moved, Eri content to be held ... and Risa wanting
more, she could see it in the way Risa searched her face.
For heaven’s sake, you're not on a vacation! Move!

"We should probably ..."
"... figure out where we are," Risa finished, and though Eri could see a flash of disappointment in her eyes, Risa did her best to hide it, sighing melodramatically as she dropped her arms in pretend surrender.
Reluctantly, Eri got to her feet and helped Risa to hers.

It did seem to be a mine shaft, sixty feet across give or take, the walkway they were on running about half way around, in steps—there were a couple of ladders, and she could see at least two doors from where they were,
all down and to their left. There was only one door on their level, to the right, but Risa checked and it was locked.

"So where do you think everybody is?" Risa asked, keeping her voice low. There was a definite echo effect probability, as massive and empty as the chamber was.

Eri shook her head. "Making snow angels?"
"Har har," Risa said. "Shouldn't Niita be jumping out right about now with a flame thrower or something?"

"Yeah, probably," Eri said. She'd been thinking that herself. "Maybe she isn't here yet, or she didn't expect us to crash, so she's in one of the other buildings where we were supposed to land... which means we should book. If we
can get to one of those other planes before she finds us ..."

"Let's do it," Risa said. "Do you want to split up? We could cover more ground that way, hurry things along."
"With Niita running around somewhere? I vote no," Eri said, and Risa nodded, looking relieved.

"So ... thataway," Eri said, and started for the first ladder, Risa right behind.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:52:10 AM by meowchi »

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2008, 01:02:48 AM »
I wonder if Aya really did jump (to her death)?
Well, it sorta makes sense since she was so affected.

Risa was warm. And attractive, and sweet, and obviously interested, and for a few seconds, neither of them moved, Eri content to be held ... and Risa wanting
more, she could see it in the way Risa searched her face.

I don't know why, but, I kept re-reading this over and over and over! I read the rest after I mentally kicked myself and told myself that I needed to what happened after :oops:

I shall be awaiting another update. I have to go for a bit, but that just makes me want to know what happens next more! I shall try and restrain myself from sneaking back into the house XD

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2008, 07:07:03 AM »
Eri Kamei
Antarctica, Facility
October 10, 2:01 PM

A short climb later and they were at the next door to
try, actually double doors set in a little ways from the
walkway. Also locked.

Risa offered to try and kick it in,
but Eri suggested they try the others first. She was feeling
more and more uneasy about how quiet things were,
and didn't want the echoing thunder of a door being broken
down to announce their presence, though they'd
have to be comatose not to have heard or felt the
crash . . .

On to the next, the only other door before an opening
in the wall with a flight of stairs going down. Eri jiggled
the handle and it turned easily; she and Risa readied
their weapons just in case—and at a nod from Risa,
Eri pushed the door open—
—and felt her mouth drop open, totally shocked.
What are the odds on that?

It was a bunk room, dark and reeking, and at the
sound of the door opening, three, four zombies turned
and started for them, all of them freshly infected, most
of their skin still attached. At least one of them was
starting to go gangrenous, the noxious smell of hot, rotting
tissue heavy in the cold air.

Risa had gone pale, and as Eri slammed the door
closed, Risa swallowed, hard, looking and sounding kind
of sick. "One of those guys is wearing a Rockfort uniform. Looks like
a cook."

Of course! Eri'd thought for a second that there'd
been a spill here, too, but that really was too giant of a
coincidence. At least one of those planes outside had
come from the island, probably a bunch of panicked employees—
presumably not scientists—who hadn't realized
they were carrying the infection with them.

More sick and dying viral cannibals... and what
else?
Eri shuddered, trying to imagine the kind of
soldier Japan would be trying to invent for an arctic
environment... and what natural animals might have
been infected before their arrival.

"We definitely gotta get out of here," Risa said.

Well, maybe Niita got eaten, anyway, Eri thought.
Wishful thinking, though they certainly deserved a
lucky break. "Let's go."

The last place to check, a set of winding stairs, marked
the end of the walkway, descending into a near total darkness.

Remembering the matches she'd found at Rockfort,
Eri handed Risa her gun and fished them out of her
pack, giving Risa half before taking her weapon back. Risa
took the lead, striking two of the matches about halfway
down the stairs and holding them up. They didn't give off
much light, but they were better than nothing.

They reached the bottom and started to edge forward
down a tight hall, Eri on high alert as the darkness
closed around them. Something smelled bad, like rotting
grain, and though she couldn't hear anything moving,
it didn't feel like they were alone. She was
generally big on trusting her instincts, but it was so still
and silent, not even a whisper of sound or movement...
Nerves, she thought hopefully.

They could only see about three feet in front of them,
but they moved as quickly as possible, the feeling of being
totally exposed and vulnerable pushing them forward.

A few steps more and Eri could see that the corridor
branched, they could keep going straight or turn left.

"What do you think?" Eri whispered—and the hall
suddenly exploded with movement, wings flapping, the
rotten smell gusting over them.

Risa cursed as the
matches suddenly went out, completing the darkness.
Something brushed past Eri's face, feathery and light
and soundless, and she reflexively flailed at it in
loathing, skin crawling, not sure where or what to shoot.

"Come on!" Risa shouted, grabbing Eri's upper arm
and yanking her forward. She stumbled after Risa
breathlessly, and again, something fluttering touched
her face, dry and dusty—
—and then Risa was pulling her through a doorway
and slamming it closed behind them, both of them sagging
against it, Eri shuddering, totally disgusted.

"Moths," Risa said, "Jesus, they were huge, did you
see them? Big as birds, like hawks—" She could hear
Risa spit, like she was trying to clear her mouth out.

Eri didn't answer, fumbling for a match. The room
was pitch dark and she wanted to make sure there
weren't more of them flapping around,moths, eeww!

They somehow seemed worse than any zombie, that
they could brush right up against you, flutter up against
your face—she shuddered again, and struck her match.
Risa had pulled them into an office, one apparently
free of giant moths and any other Japan unpleasantness.

Eri saw a pair of candlesticks on a trunk to her
right and immediately grabbed them up, lighting the
half burned tapers and handing one of them to Risa before
looking around, the soft candlelight illuminating
their sanctuary in flickering shadows.

Wood desk,
shelves, a couple of framed paintings—the room was
surprisingly nice, considering the utilitarian feel of the
rest of the place. It wasn't as cold, either. They quickly
checked around for weapons or ammo, but came up
empty.

"Hey, maybe there's something we can use in these,"
Risa said, moving to the desk. There were a number of
papers, and what appeared to be a collection of maps
strewn across its top—but Eri was suddenly more interested
in the whitish lump stuck on the back of Risa's
right shoulder.

"Hold still," Eri said, stepping up behind her.
There was some thick, web-like gunk holding the
thing on, the lump itself about six inches long and
kind of misshapen, like a chicken egg that had been
stretched out.

"What is it? Get it off," Risa said tensely, and Eri
held the candle closer, saw that the white form wasn't
entirely opaque. She could see inside, a little ...
... to where a fat white grub was squirming around,
encased in translucent jelly. It was an egg case, the moth
had laid an egg case on her.

Eri wanted to vomit but held it together, looking
around for something to grab it with. There was some
crumpled paper in a wastebasket next to the trunk, and
she snatched up a piece.

"Hang on a sec," Eri said, amazed at how casual she
sounded as she pulled the case off Risa's shoulder. It didn't
want to come, the wet webbing tenaciously holding on,
but she got it, instantly dropping it to the floor. "It's off."

Risa turned and crouched next to the paper, holding
her candle out—and stood up abruptly, looking as sickened
as Eri felt. Risa brought her boot down on it, hard,
and clear jelly squirted from beneath the sole.

"Oh, man," Risa said, her mouth turned down. "Remind
me to blow chunks later, after we've eaten. And next
time we go through there, no matches."
Risa checked Eri's back—clean, thank God—and then
they split up the papers on the desk, Risa taking the
maps and sitting on the floor, Eri looking through the
rest of it at the desk.

Inventory list, bill, bill, list. .. Eri hoped Risa
was having better luck. From what she could gather,
they were in what Japan was calling a "transport terminal,"
whatever that was, and it had been built around
an abandoned mine—she wasn't clear on what had been
mined, exactly, but there were a number of receipts for
some newer spendy equipment and a crapload of construction
materials.
Almost enough to build a small city.

She found a series of memos between two extremely
boring gentlemen, discussing Japan's budget allotments
for the coming year. It was all the more boring because
everything appeared to be perfectly legal. The office
they were in belonged to one of them, a Tomo Oda, and
it was from Oda that she finally ran across something that
caught her eye, a postscript on one of his lengthy accounting
reports dated from only a week before.

PS—by the way, remember the story you told me
when I first got here, about the "monster" prisoner?
Don't laugh, but I finally heard him myself, two
nights ago, in this very office. It was just as frightening
as the stories say, a kind of angry, moaning
scream that echoed up from the lower levels.

My foreman tells me that workers have been hearing it for
something like 15 years, almost always late at
night—the most popular rumor has it that he screams
like that because someone missed his feeding time.
I've also heard that he's a ghost, a hoax, a scientific
experiment gone wrong, even a demon.

I haven't formed an opinion myself, and since none of us are
allowed down there, I suppose it will continue to be a
mystery. I have to tell you, though, after hearing that
horrible, insane howling, I have no interest in going
below B2.
Let me know about that stem bolt shipment.

Regards,
Tom.

It seemed that the workers upstairs didn't know much
about what was going on downstairs. Probably better for
them,
Eri thought... although considering the current
situation, maybe not.

Risa laughed suddenly, a short bark of victory, and
stood up, grinning widely. She slapped an Antarctica political
map across the desk.

"We're here," Risa said, pointing to a red spot that
someone had penciled in, "about halfway in between
this Japanese outpost, Dome Fuji, and the Pole itself, in
the Australian territory. And righthere is an Australian
research station—we're looking at ten or fifteen miles,
tops."

Eri felt her heart skip a beat. "That's great! Well,
we could probably hike it if we could find some good
gear.. ."
...and if we can get out of this basement, she
thought, some of her enthusiasm dying down.

Risa unfolded a second map, spreading it out. "Wait,
that's not the good part. Check this out."

A photocopy of a blueprint.

Eri studied the handdrawn
diagrams, side and top views of a tall building
and three of its floors, the levels and rooms neatly labeled—
and stood up herself, too elated to stay still. It
was a comprehensive map of the building they were in,
not tall but deep.

"This is where we are at now," Risa said, pointing
to a small square labeled "manager's office," on level
B2. Risa traced her finger down and left and down again,
stopping at an oddly shaped area at the bottom of the
diagram, like a big quotation mark lying on its side.
The tiny black letters read "mining room," and there
was a lightly penciled tunnel extending out of it with
"to surface/unfinished" written next to it, also in pencil.

"And there's where we need to go," Eri finished,
shaking her head in disbelief. The map Risa had found
would probably save them hours of wandering around,
and with as little ammo as they had, it might also save
their lives.

"Yeah. If we run into any locked doors, we break 'em
down, or shoot the locks, maybe," Risa said happily.
"And it's like a one-minute walk from here. We'll be flying
the friendly skies in no time."
"It says the tunnel is unfinished—" Eri started, but
Risa cut her off.

"So? If they're still working on it, there'll be some
kind of equipment laying around," Risa said happily. "I
mean, it says mining room, right?"

She couldn't argue with Risa's logic, and didn't want to.
It was almost too good to be true, and she was more than
ready for some good news ... and though it did mean
another run through mothville, this time, they'd be
ready.

"You win the prize," Eri said, giving in to her own
enthusiasm.
Risa raised her eyebrows innocently. "Oh, yeah?
What's the prize?"

Eri was about to answer that she was open to suggestions
when an unexpected and alarming noise stopped
her, coming into the office from nowhere and everywhere.

For a split second she thought it was some kind
of an air raid siren, it was so loud and penetrating, but
no siren started so deep and low, or kept rising like that,
or conjured up such feelings of dread. There was fury in
the sound, a blind rage so complete that it was incomprehensible.

Frozen, they listened as the incredible, grisly scream
stretched out and finally died away, Eri wondering
how long it had been since feeding time. She had no
doubt that it was one of Japan's creations. No ghost
could produce such a visceral sound, and no human soul
could encompass such rage.

"Let's go now," Eri said quietly, and Risa nodded,
her eyes wide and anxious as she folded the maps and
tucked them away.

They readied their weapons, laid out a quick plan,
and on the count of three, Risa shoved the door open.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:10:12 AM by meowchi »

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2008, 03:55:25 PM »
Risa cursed as the
matches suddenly went out, completing the darkness.
Something brushed past Eri's face, feathery and light
and soundless, and she reflexively flailed at it in
loathing, skin crawling, not sure where or what to shoot.

"Come on!" Risa shouted, grabbing Eri's upper arm
and yanking her forward. She stumbled after Risa
breathlessly, and again, something fluttering touched
her face, dry and dusty—
—and then Risa was pulling her through a doorway
and slamming it closed behind them, both of them sagging
against it, Eri shuddering, totally disgusted.

"Moths," Risa said, "Jesus, they were huge, did you
see them? Big as birds, like hawks—" She could hear
Risa spit, like she was trying to clear her mouth out.
Please don't let anything bad or infectious get them. :(

Eri didn't answer, fumbling for a match. The room
was pitch dark and she wanted to make sure there
weren't more of them flapping around,moths, eeww!
I agree, ewwww!

"Hey, maybe there's something we can use in these,"
Risa said, moving to the desk. There were a number of
papers, and what appeared to be a collection of maps
strewn across its top—but Eri was suddenly more interested
in the whitish lump stuck on the back of Risa's
right shoulder.
:bleed eyes:

"Hold still," Eri said, stepping up behind her.
There was some thick, web-like gunk holding the
thing on, the lump itself about six inches long and
kind of misshapen, like a chicken egg that had been
stretched out.

"What is it? Get it off," Risa said tensely, and Eri
held the candle closer, saw that the white form wasn't
entirely opaque. She could see inside, a little ...
... to where a fat white grub was squirming around,
encased in translucent jelly. It was an egg case, the moth
had laid an egg case on her.

Eri wanted to vomit but held it together, looking
around for something to grab it with. There was some
crumpled paper in a wastebasket next to the trunk, and
she snatched up a piece.

"Hang on a sec," Eri said, amazed at how casual she
sounded as she pulled the case off Risa's shoulder. It didn't
want to come, the wet webbing tenaciously holding on,
but she got it, instantly dropping it to the floor. "It's off."

Risa turned and crouched next to the paper, holding
her candle out—and stood up abruptly, looking as sickened
as Eri felt. Risa brought her boot down on it, hard,
and clear jelly squirted from beneath the sole.

"Oh, man," Risa said, her mouth turned down. "Remind
me to blow chunks later, after we've eaten. And next
time we go through there, no matches."
Risa checked Eri's back—clean, thank God—and then
they split up the papers on the desk, Risa taking the
maps and sitting on the floor, Eri looking through the
rest of it at the desk.

Let's hope that they are clean! You better not let anything kill them! Or I'll be angry!!!!!!!  :scolding:

"You win the prize," Eri said, giving in to her own
enthusiasm.
Risa raised her eyebrows innocently. "Oh, yeah?
What's the prize?
First thing that jumped to mind was a kiss :dunno:

Eri was about to answer that she was open to suggestions
I'm sure Risa has a few :P

Good job on writing lots! It's been a while since one's been this long!  :mon fyeah:

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsugou no ii Karada