JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Movin` On

Author Topic: [Poll] SDN48 in relation to AKB48: too sexy for a broad audience?  (Read 4878 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
I was watching Yoyogi Disc 3 and SDN48 performed Yuuwake no Garter. What struck me was the big contrast with the previous songs. Sure, AKB48 has daring/sexy songs and outfits but this is one step further. This brings me to the following issues:

1. SDN48's shows are 18+. IIRC they are planning on making the shows open to everybody in the future though. Yet, they still appear at AKB48's concerts. I'm worried they may be a bad role model for the younger audiences at AKB48's concerts.

2. During a Budokan concert, Mariko, Yuko and Kojima also performed Yuuwake no Garter. Should they? I think it may cross a boundary.

I'm not trying to be holier than the pope or anything. I also enjoy sexy performances from time to time. However, in a broad context, I'm not sure if it's a good thing for AKB48 to mix in these really sexy stuff during the concerts.

...I hope I made any sense.  :nervous

Offline Anariel

• Meronpan Society
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Poll] SDN48 in relation to AKB48: too sexy for a broad audience?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:01:44 PM »
I don't care, I haven't notice sdn48, These ladies are too old for me  :nervous

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »
^You're missing the point  :P

SDN48 does appear in AKB48 concerts, AKB48 does perform their songs... I am asking:
- should they?
- how will it affect AKB48's image?
- does it set a bad role model for the younger audience?

Offline Anariel

• Meronpan Society
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
- why not, if they have some great songs
- in Japan always schoolgirls > ladies, it never change
- all japanese female till 25-30 years feel themselves yonger and innocent like if they was 17 years old

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 07:54:03 PM »
2. During a Budokan concert, Mariko, Yuko and Kojima also performed Yuuwake no Garter. Should they? I think it may cross a boundary.
Not to mention the "I'm sure" performance from Yoyogi. Putting aside the visual aspect of the performance, the lyrics themselves are quite mature. (Lyrics can be found here)

In my opinion, it's ok to cross the boundaries, but only once in a while. I guess it can be considered a type of fanservice if it's done only once during an entire concert run (i.e. one SDN song performed by AKB + an SDN team song). Any more and I worry it'll affect the overall image of AKB48.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:45:49 AM »
I direct this statement only at the idea of the poll and not at anyone in particular. Are you kidding me?

SDN48, a group composed entirely of legal girls singing sexy songs and doing sexy dances. The problem lies where exactly? One could say that sexiness in any music is bad, but I'm not going to get into that argument since I don't agree with it.

AKB48, a group composed of girls aged all over the spectrum sometimes singing cute songs, sometimes singing poppy songs, sometimes singing songs blatantly filled with innuendo while performing dances ranging from cute, to cool, to whoaaaaaaaaaa now. All of which, of course, are primarily designed to play into the mindset and fantasies of the wota.

Nice? Yeah. Somethings girls should idolize and aspire to be? Hmmm...

Nice? Yeah. Something girls should idolize and aspire to be? Hmmm...

:nervous SDN and AKB are the same product with different packaging. SDN is all about an over-exaggerated sexual image. AKB is all about an over-exaggerated mix of images ranging from cool to cute to sexy portrayal of girls. I don't think either is healthy for easily influenced dummies to emulate/idolize/confuse with reality, just like the people who play Grand Theft Auto and think hijacking a car is cool as a result don't understand that it's just supposed to be entertainment. I don't think there is anything wrong with liking either group personally, nor do I see any problem with these groups collaborating and such. It's all about what way you see it, like how some wota are just genuine hardcore fans who love their hobby, and a few use it as a replacement for reality and end up getting arrested to stealing member's mail.

Indeed, I quite enjoy a lot of the visual aspects of the group, but that isn't my sole reason for liking them or even my primary one. I just talk about it a lot here. :lol: If all I cared about was looks I'd be into gravure and not AKB/SKE/SDN48. To me, the biggest draw is the charismatic and variety of personalities within these *48 groups and their awesome talent/watching their talent mature. I agree that not every song needs to be some butt-shaking tummy-filled extravaganza, but I don't think it hurts the group any when this card is pulled. It's a card all music acts used to some degree at some point in time.

I wonder how Barrie would feel about a rendition of Garter with Rena, Akane, and... Mokomoko. teeheehee

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 04:25:34 AM »
I was going to say something, but then I realized I totally agree with Data, so no need to repeat what he said. :P

I haven't been able to follow SDN that much due to the lack of material compared to AKB (specially LODs), but I'm gonna buy their single coz I relly wanna get into SDN  :twothumbs 

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:35:21 PM »
I was just playing devil's advocate  :P

Well said Datalanche, you make some valid points.

I knew this question was doomed to fail after the Hebiro PV and some of the photoshoots AKB48 did  :lol:

However! If they are going all out on SDN in the future (meaning, really spice it up to the max), then I do feel it should be kept separated from the AKB48 concerts because then it would target a different audience.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:16:25 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:19:54 AM »
Apparently the 18+ rating in the theatre is actually more for the MCs and what they can discuss there.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dream - Movin` On