JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crayon Pop - Dancing Queen

Author Topic: Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Part 16: The Song of Mothra)  (Read 23837 times)

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Updated: Part 5)
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 04:06:04 AM »
Part 5
Tokyo
Aichan awoke to a raging headache.  She let out a loud moan.  Was she finally awake from that horrible nightmare?

She felt a gently touch on her shoulder.  A familiar voice said, “Aichan, you’re finally awake!  You don’t know how much we worried about you.  You were unconscious for the entire medevac from Thailand.  We thought you were in a coma!”  It was the voice of Risa Niigaki, one of her closest friends in Morning Musume.

“How long was I out?” Aichan asked as she looked around her hospital room.

“Over a week!” exclaimed Risa.  “They shot you with the same tranquilizer that they used on that giant ape.”

“Oh, so it wasn’t a nightmare…” Aichan said.

“No it wasn’t.  Tsunku is very excited about it!  He wants to turn it into a member of Hello! Project.  He says that with the world on the brink of war, he needs to create an idol that can show people how even the most dangerous looking beasts can be made entertaining,” explained Risa.

“What?  That’s the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard of,” said Aichan.

“Yeah, that’s what everybody else said too.  But Tsunku just said that he’s never been wrong.  He said that if he could turn a bunch of no-name teenage girls into the biggest idol group in history, he could also turn a giant ape into a world-famous entertainer as well.”

Aichan shook her head.  “And what’s this you say about the world being on the brink of a war?” she asked.

“Things have gotten really scary since you went to Thailand for that video shoot!” exclaimed Risa.  A few days ago, a couple of Chinese battleships went missing in the Straits, and the Chinese government claims that the Taiwanese are to blame!  They say that they have a thousand ballistic missiles armed and aimed at Taiwan, and are warning the US from getting involved.

“And just yesterday, the North Koreans claimed that one of their frigates disappeared in their own territorial waters.  They’ve threatened to invade the South with a million man army, and to launch ballistic missiles onto the Japanese Home Islands.  The world has truly gone mad, Aichan!”

Aichan let out a sigh.  “Well, at this stage, there’s probably little we can do about that…  What have they done to the giant ape?” she asked.

“You mean Kong?  That’s what Tsunku called it.  He said it was Thai for ‘echo’, because it was so heavy that it’s footsteps made a loud echo.  It’s being kept in a special cell in the Ueno Zoo.  I saw it – you must have been very scared, Aichan!  It looks very cruel and fierce.”

”He was NOT cruel!” cried Aichan.  “He was kind and considerate, and brought me bananas and coconuts to eat.  He even bravely protected me from the other monsters on that island.  Risa, help me get up and out of this hospital bed.  I need to make sure that Kong is all right!”

Warning, in the next chapter, Godzilla makes his first appearance on land.  Things start very very violent very soon.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Part 5: Landfall)
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 05:38:36 PM »
Part 6: Landfall
Ueno Zoo, Tokyo

Aichan heard Kong’s screams even before she entered Ueno Zoo.  The screams told of anguish, shock, and outrage, and tears of sorrow ran down Aichan’s face as she ran in the direction of Kong’s voice.  She arrived at what seemed like a former tiger pit.  A large group of tourists was crowded along the edge of the pit.  Inside the pit, chained to a large tall wall, stood Kong, his arms and legs chained.  She could see that his hair, which had been lustrous and thick on the island, was matted and dull.  Tear marks stained his face, and the chains had rubbed his wrists and ankles raw. 

Outraged, Aichan scaled the edge of the pit and quickly climbed down.  The crowd of onlookers pointed to her in shock.  Presently, she made it to the bottom of the pit and ran over to Kong.  The giant ape recognized her and stopped his screams of anguish.  Suddenly, a zoo keeper ran out and nearly tackled Aichan before she could reach Kong.  Aichan deftly sidestepped him and gave him a hard kick in the shin.  She made her way to Kong and jumped up to hug his leg.  The crowd let out a loud gasp of surprise.

“Kong, what have they done to you?  I’m so sorry!  It breaks my heart to see you in such pain.  Don’t worry, I wont let Tsunku turn you into some circus show freak.  You’re a kind ape, and I’ll make sure that you are returned to Thailand and have all the bananas you can eat,” she said.

“Ma’am, please let go of it!” cried the zookeeper.  “The beast is very dangerous.”

“Kong is a ‘he’, not an ‘it’!” screamed Aichan in anger.  “He is a sentient being, kind and gentle.  He saved my life, you know…  Hey, what’s going on?”

From the pit’s edge, the tourists' mobile phones rang almost in unison.  As the tourists picked up their phones, looks of shock and disbelief came to their faces.  One by one, the tourists rapidly walked away from the pit.

Aichan’s mobile phone rang.  She jumped down from Kong’s foot and picked up the call.  It was her mother, but she was hysterical and nearly incomprehensible.

“Mom, mom, slow down!  Get a grip.  Now tell me slowly what’s wrong,” Aichan asked.

“I can’t explain it, Aichan.  Just get to a television, as quickly as you can.  It’s beyond belief.  It’s as if the wrath of God has descended upon Okinawa,” Aichan’s mother said.

The zookeeper’s phone had also rang, and he was also engaged in an animated discussion.  When he was finished, Aichan asked, “Is there a television set around here?”

“Yes, there’s one in the tourist center,” he answered.  “I’m about to go there as well.  Something about a horrible natural disaster in Okinawa.”

“Kong, I’m going to go for a moment,” Aichan said, looking up at the giant ape.  “I promise I’ll be right back!”  Kong responded with a knowing nod and a look of concern.

Aichan and the zookeeper ran to the tourist center.  In front of a large television, a large anxious crowd had assembled.  Aichan saw that many in the crowd had tears in their eyes, and several had fainted.

“This is live video footage from a helicopter outside of Naha City, the capital of Okinawa .  I repeat, this is not a movie or a prank,” said the somber voice of a television anchorman.

The television showed a picture of a burnt black wasteland from sea to horizon.  It was not even recognizable as a scene from Earth.  It was difficult to judge the scale of the images, but it seemed as nothing stood on the entire surface of the land other than black ash.

“Less than 10 minutes ago, we received local reports from Naha of a giant being or object rising from the sea,” the anchor continued.  “The descriptions we received of the being varied dramatically.  Some said that it was as fierce as a rabid gorilla.  Others said it was large as a kujira whale.  Others have said that it looked vaguely like a dinosaur of unspecified type.  The only recorded evidence we have received so far of this phenomena, which we are tentatively calling ‘go-jira,’ is the short audio clip.”

A roar came from the television loudspeaker.  Goodbumps came over Aichan’s body and she tasted bile in her throat.  A few people in the crowd fainted.  It was like no roar of any animal Aichan had ever heard before.  It was like the screaming of a thousand tormented souls.  It was like the sound of the end of the world. 

The anchor continued.  “Within minutes of receiving the reports, all communications from the city ceased.  Naha City has a population of 300,000…”

Aichan felt an emptiness within her.  300,000 people had turned into ash within 10 minutes.  It was a number beyond comprehension.  She remembered that thousands of people had died at the World Trade Center, and how she had cried all night long for their souls.  But this was beyond belief.  She tried to cry, but instead of feeling sorrow, she was overcome by dread.  She tried to remember whether she knew anybody from Okinawa.  What was happening?  Was this really the wrath of God?  The 300,000 people of Naha – were they transported to heaven in a rapture?

After a moment, the anchor continued in a hushed tone.  “Our news desk has learned that all communications from the city of Urasue, population 100,000, have also ceased.  Urasue lies directly northeast of Naha City.  It would appear that the Gojira phenomenon is moving to the Northeast.  We have received no comment from the government at this time...”

Aichan turned around and took several deep breaths.  She tried not to vomit.  She slowly walked back to the pit that contained Kong.  She hugged the giant ape’s ankle.  Despite the death and tragedy, tears refused to come to her eyes.  “Kong, something bad is happening,” she said.  The ape let out a deep purr of concern.  “If this really is the wrath of God, and the world is coming to an end, then I hope when it is your turn, you go to Heaven.  You’re a kind ape, and you saved my life.”

She jumped down.  “Kong, I have to go now.  I need to be with my friends,” she said.  “I  need to be there for them.  I promise I’ll be back to see you again tomorrow.  If there is a tomorrow.  Bye bye, Kong!”

Next chapter: Requiem

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 05:59:10 PM »
THIS IS AWESOME!!.

*eagerly awaits new chapters!*, please update soon!!

I've been a Godzilla fan since I was just a kid, and still am a huge Godzilla fan, as well as a King Kong fan. Write more!!!.

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »
Not a Monster movie fan though but this fic send goosebumps as I read it. It's really great. :bingo:

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 04:28:40 AM »
A roar came from the television loudspeaker.  Goodbumps came over Aichan’s body and she tasted bile in her throat.  A few people in the crowd fainted.  It was like no roar of any animal Aichan had ever heard before.  It was like the screaming of a thousand tormented souls.  It was like the sound of the end of the world. 

WOW, I never really knew how to describe how Godzillas roar sounded like, well I knew, but I couldn't put it into words that would make sense. But you did it BRILLIANTLY!!.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Part 7: Requiem)
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 06:17:06 PM »
Part 7
NHK Studios, Tokyo

The girls of Morning Musume stood gathered in front of a television monitor.  The atmosphere was hushed and somber, and the girls were all dressed in black. 

The anchorperson spoke.  “Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime Minister of Japan will now address the nation.”  The image changed to that of the Prime Minister.  He looked a hundred years old. 

“Good evening. This afternoon, the island of Okinawa came under attack by a giant monster from the sea.  The victims were in their homes, in their offices, in their farms; secretaries, businessmen and women, military and government workers; moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Countless lives were suddenly ended by an evil, despicable monster.

“The exact nature of this monster is not yet fully understood.  Dubbed Gojira by the media, it appears to be a hybrid of several types of dinosaur.  Our neighboring countries claim no knowledge of its origins, although it might have been involved in the disappearance of several vessels in the world’s oceans over the past weeks.  It is capable of emitting blasts of horrendous energy, several times hotter than the surface of the sun.  When it entered Ginowan City, it came under attack by the US Marines stationed there.  It destroyed the entire force within seconds.  It later made its way to Okinawa City and turned that city to ash within minutes.  A coordinated air attack from the US Airbase in Kadena had no effect on the monster. 

“It is estimated that today, the entire population of Okinawa, over one million people, was killed.”  The Prime Minister gave a long pause.  Sayumi let out a whimper and was given a hug by Koharu.  “Among those dead were members of the Japan Self-Defence Force and soldiers of the US armed forces.  Their brave sacrifice will be remembered for as long of Japanese people walk the earth.”

“SDF intelligence has revealed that Gojira is still on the island of Okinawa, but is headed in the direction of the Home Islands of Japan.”  Risa burst into tears.  Aichan squeezed her hand and put an arm over her shoulder.

“After consulting with the Emperor of Japan, the Minister of Defence, the leaders of the People’s Republic of China, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, the United States of America, and the General Secretary of the United Nations, I have requested that the US military explode a nuclear device on the monster in order to prevent it from invading the Home Islands.”  The girls let out a loud gasp.  The Prime Minister continued, “As I speak, an ballistic missile with a nuclear warhead is in flight towards the ashes of the Okinawa.”

“Today’s tragedy has filled the people of the world with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger.  The world is strong and united in the defence of the islands of Japan.  Nippon Banzai.”

The picture cut to the anchorman.  “The members of Morning Musume will now sing a Requiem for the people of Okinawa.”

The girls sang together, their voices at first wavering with emotion, but soon united in strength. 

...Sweet god, grant them rest; grant them rest eternal... God, have mercy; have mercy on us…

Next chapter: Kyushu

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 11:09:21 PM »
Part 5“They shot you with the same tranquilizer that they used on that giant ape.”

“Oh, so it wasn’t a nightmare…” Aichan said.

“No it wasn’t.  Tsunku is very excited about it!  He wants to turn it into a member of Hello! Project.  He says that with the world on the brink of war, he needs to create an idol that can show people how even the most dangerous looking beasts can be made entertaining,” explained Risa.

“What?  That’s the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard of,” said Aichan.

“Yeah, that’s what everybody else said too.  But Tsunku just said that he’s never been wrong.  He said that if he could turn a bunch of no-name teenage girls into the biggest idol group in history, he could also turn a giant ape into a world-famous entertainer as well.”

You've GOT to be kidding me.

Ueno Zoo, Tokyo
The only recorded evidence we have received so far of this phenomena, which we are tentatively calling ‘go-jira,’ is the short audio clip.”
Kong will fight Gojira to save Aichan!

Part 7
NHK Studios, Tokyo

“After consulting with the Emperor of Japan, the Minister of Defence, the leaders of the People’s Republic of China, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, the United States of America, and the General Secretary of the United Nations, I have requested that the US military explode a nuclear device on the monster in order to prevent it from invading the Home Islands.”  The girls let out a loud gasp.  The Prime Minister continued, “As I speak, an ballistic missile with a nuclear warhead is in flight towards the ashes of the Okinawa.”
Considering what the PM revealed in his speech, one would think that there must be some visuals of Gojira (or at least some artist renditions) that the media would have put forward by now.  Launching a nuke is a risky venture. Don't really know if it'll work, for one thing. Also have to be mindful of nuclear fallout and how the radiation may/will spread and affect the neighbouring areas. Let's hope they're not being rash in their actions.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 05:44:13 AM »
Launching a nuke is a risky venture. Don't really know if it'll work, for one thing. Also have to be mindful of nuclear fallout and how the radiation may/will spread and affect the neighbouring areas. Let's hope they're not being rash in their actions.

You ain't seen nothing, yet....

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 04:52:38 PM »
What, the fallout's gonna affect the girls? Aichan's gonna end up mutating into some giant-sized version of herself? :hehehe: If so she's gonna take Gojira DOWN!!!   :cool1:

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Part 8: Kyushu)
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 05:29:02 PM »
Part 8: Kyushu
Aichan’s apartment, Tokyo
Aichan woke that next morning in a daze.  She remembered little of her dreams, other than that they were filled with fire and destruction.  Although the room was warm, she woke up shivering.  She turned on the television.

“Half an hour ago, Gojira made landfall near the city of Kagoshima on the island of Kyushu.  As you can see from these satellite images, the giant monster appears to have been completely unaffected by the 3 megaton nuclear device exploded on it last night.” The image that appeared on the screen seemed to have the body of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, the back plates of a Stegosaurus, and the arms of an Iguanodon.

“Gojira has already destroyed the city of Kagoshima and its population of 2 million.”  Aichan rushed to the bathroom and vomited.  A feeling of horror overwhelmed her, but for some reason, she couldn't cry.  She cleaned herself up, but then abruptly remembered that Risa Niigaki came from Kagoshima.  Her parents lived with her in Tokyo, but she probably still had friends and family in the ruined city.  She called her friend up, but nobody answered the phone.  After several unsuccessful attempts to get through, Aichan returned to the television.

“The government has refused to comment on rumors that a massive nuclear strike will occur on Kyushu, which has a population of 14 million people.  In the meantime, Pope Benedict XVI in Rome has officially identified the monster the spawn of Satan, and has declared that any person who dies while trying to destroy it will receive full indulgence for all past sins.  Likewise, the Grand Ayatollah of Iran declared Lesser Jihad, or holy war, on the monster.  In Dharmasala, the 14th Dalai Lama has declared that destruction of the monster would not be considered a sin.

“Meanwhile, a local cult called the Aum Shinri Gojira Kyu has been established.  Here is Shoko Jigokuryu, the leader of the cult.”  The camera cut to a man with long hair and fiery eyes.  His voice was deep and powerful.

“Fear not!  Gojira is not an instrument of Satan, but the herald of God.  He is here to punish humans for our sins. Repent now, and you will find eternal life within the Eater of Souls!  Sacrifice that which you hold dearest to His holy fire.  Aum Shinri Gojira Kyu will offer the purest young virgins to appease God’s wrath…”

Aichan snapped off the television in disgust.  She quickly dressed and left her apartment.  The streets were eerily empty and she had a hard time finding a cab.  Ueno Zoo was also largely empty.  The pit that contained Kong, which yesterday had been surrounded with excited tourists, was also quiet.  Aichan climbed down and approached Kong.  He was lying on his side and seemed listless.  A large pile of bananas was left untouched near by.

The arrival of Aichan perked him up.  She gave him a hug.  The wounds on his ankles and wrists seemed to have healed up very quickly.  “How are you doing today?” she asked.  “It’s funny, isn’t it – yesterday I wasn’t sure if there would be a today.  I guess any day when we can wake up and see the faces of others, see there smiles, see the sun shining – that would be a good day.”

She walked over to the piles of bananas.  “You’ve been a naughty boy.  You haven’t touched your food at all!  Here, let me peel them for you.”  She peeled the bananas one by one and threw them into Kong’s mouth.  A smile came over Kong’s face.

“You like singing, don’t you?  Let me sing you a song.”  She sang what was normally a exciting pop song as a slow soft ballad.

Every day, every night
In the middle of love
Every day, every night
That's all we wish today!

Hero! Here we go!
It's time now! Let's go
You'll, somehow
Succeed mankind.

Aichan abruptly stopped.  The air had suddenly gone chilly.  She looked up.  A large flock of birds was flying northeast.  Suddenly, an immensely loud boom resounded over the zoo. Windows throughout the zoo shattered simultaneously.  A typhoon-like gust of wind hit, sending Aichan sprawling into Kong’s thick fur.  Kong let out a loud roar of surprise. 

Minutes later, the wind had yet to relent.  Suddenly, the earth shuddered underneath them.  The shaking seemed to last forever.  Presently, Aichan picked herself up.  Tears were in her eyes.  Kong looked at her with concern. 

Sobbing uncontrollably, she said, “It looks like they’ve nuked Kyushu…”

She hugged Kong’s chest with all her might.  At last, she was able to cry.  She wondered how many liters of tears would have to be shed for the souls of the millions of Okinawa and tens of millions of Kyushu to be appeased. 

She wondered whether she would soon be joining them.

Next chapter: God's Wrath
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:32:33 PM by chera »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Part 8: Kyushu)
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 01:53:57 AM »
As you can see from these satellite images, the giant monster appears to have been completely unaffected by the 3 megaton nuclear device exploded on it last night.
3 megatons??? Shit that thing is thick-skinned!

The government has refused to comment on rumors that a massive nuclear strike will occur on Kyushu, which has a population of 14 million people.
Which all but confirms the fact that they're going to do it.

Pope Benedict XVI in Rome has officially identified the monster the spawn of Satan, and has declared that any person who dies while trying to destroy it will receive full indulgence for all past sins.  Likewise, the Grand Ayatollah of Iran declared Lesser Jihad, or holy war, on the monster.  In Dharmasala, the 14th Dalai Lama has declared that destruction of the monster would not be considered a sin.
Wow, religious leaders all in agreement...never thought I'd see the day.

“Meanwhile, a local cult called the Aum Shinri Gojira Kyu has been established.  Here is Shoko Jigokuryu, the leader of the cult.”  The camera cut to a man with long hair and fiery eyes.  His voice was deep and powerful.

“Fear not!  Gojira is not an instrument of Satan, but the herald of God.  He is here to punish humans for our sins. Repent now, and you will find eternal life within the Eater of Souls!  Sacrifice that which you hold dearest to His holy fire.  Aum Shinri Gojira Kyu will offer the purest young virgins to appease God’s wrath…”
For some reason, I'm thinking back to the movie Contact and the religious fanatic played by Jake Busey.  Something tells me we (and especially Aichan) haven't heard the last of him.

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 02:28:41 AM »
Musta been one heck of an explosion, if the explosion happened in Kyushu, which is an entirely different Island from Honshu where Tokyo is located, and yet they felt the effects where Ai-chan was :o :o

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 03:11:32 AM »
For some reason, I'm thinking back to the movie Contact and the religious fanatic played by Jake Busey.  Something tells me we (and especially Aichan) haven't heard the last of him.

Actually, my inspiration was Shoko Asahara, of Aum Shinrikyu:

And yes, we have not heard the last of him....

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Part 9: God's Wrath)
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 06:07:29 PM »
 Part 9: God’s Wrath
Aichan’s apartment

Aichan made her way back to her apartment.  The sky was the color of muddy ice, even though it was still daytime.  Aftershocks shook the streets.  Along the way, she saw smoking buildings and bodies in the empty streets, the remains of people who had tossed themselves from their buildings in order to escape Gojira, the Wrath of God.

She hesitated to turn on the television when she got home.  But finally, she couldn’t resist the urge.  A news anchor spoke with a grim face.  “… the shockwave of the explosion is reported to have broken windows as far south as Darwin, in the north of Australia, and as far east as San Francisco, on the West Coast of the US.  The evacuation of western Shikoku and Honshu continues, but is hampered by the kilometer-tall megatsunami caused by the collapse of the Kyushu coastline into the Inland Sea.  Reports of radiation sickness are currently inconclusive, although they are soon expected to rise. 

"The multinational Gojira Defense Force detonated nearly 70,000 megatons of nuclear devices on Kyushu, the equivalent of over 5 million Hiroshima bombs.  The explosions caused seismic activity along the entire Pacific Ring of Fire to skyrocket.  Airborne and satellite surveillance have not yet conclusively shown whether the monster Gojira survived the attack.  It is estimated that the entire population of Kyushu, approximately 15 million people, was killed today…”

Next chapter: NERV
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 06:11:53 AM by chera »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 08:07:37 PM »
- the shockwave of the explosion is reported to have broken windows as far south as Darwin, in the north of Australia, and as far east as San Francisco, on the West Coast of the US. 

-the kilometer-tall megatsunami caused by the collapse of the Kyushu coastline into the Inland Sea. 

-Reports of radiation sickness are currently inconclusive, although they are soon expected to rise. 

- The explosions caused seismic activity along the entire Pacific Ring of Fire to skyrocket. 

- It is estimated that the entire population of Kyushu, approximately 15 million people, was killed today…”
Well, THAT as a smart move.  :k-mad:

- Next chapter: NERV
EVA's!!!  :cool1:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 01:17:03 AM »
Next chapter: NERV

/crosses fingers thegirlwillwearplugsuits,thegirlwillwearplugsuits,thegirlwillwearplugsuits...

...and no whiny, teen-aged male protagonist :P

Godzilla's unstoppable! The only thing that can stop a rampaging mosnter...is another rampaging monster!....or Ultraman!...or a sentai team!...or maybe Minmei's songs. ;D

This fic is so unpredictable. Nice work chera! ;D

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 01:36:56 AM »
Great stuff there Chera. Can't wait for the next chapter, i hope NERV = EVA

/crosses fingers thegirlwillwearplugsuits,thegirlwillwearplugsuits,thegirlwillwearplugsuits...

...and no whiny, teen-aged male protagonist :P

Tsunku can be the one

or maybe Minmei's songs. ;D

This fic is so unpredictable. Nice work chera! ;D

Or sayumi's singing...

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 07:27:26 AM »
Some background footnotes to the story so far:

- The scenes in Thailand are based very closely on King Kong, with Tsunku based on Carl Denham and Ai Takahashi based on Ann Darrow.  The companies that Tsunku calls to help retrieve Aichan are the names of real life private military companies (mercenaries).  The timing was such that the idol video that Aichan is filming is "Aichan in Thailand."  The crew fears a tsunami because a massive tsunami really did hit the Andaman Coast several years ago.

- In the grand tradition of Godzilla movies, I haven't revealed the precise origins of the Beast, other than that depleted uranium had something to deal with it.

- The scene around the pit in the zoo is based on the movie The Siege, where everybody's cell phone rings at practically the same time.

- The US airbase on Okinawa is the largest American airbase in Asia.  It is only part of the US military's massive military presence in Okinawa.  Gojira's destruction of the island in just a single day was a testiment to his unimaginable power.

- Aichan's reaction to Okinawa and Kyushu was based on my own reaction to 9/11.

- The Prime Minister's address to the nation is based very closely (in some sentences, word for word) on President Bush's address to the nation on 9/11.

- Nippon Banzai roughly means "may Japan last a thousand years."  A WWII slogan, but it seemed appropriate.

- The Okinawa Requiem is adapted from Pie Jesu and Kyrie Eleison.  It is based on a personal experience: on the afternoon of 9/11, the MIT community assembled together in the grassy lawn in front of the Great Dome, while the MIT Symphony Orchestra played a requiem.

- The Pope's indulgance isn't to far fetched.  Pope Alexander II blessed the Iberians in the First Crusade, and gave an indulgence to those who were killed in battle.  The reaction of the Ayatollah is based on a very scary scene from A Coldest War by Charlie Stross.  The pacifism of the current Dalai Lama is a modernism - previous Dalai Lamas often led armies and engaged in bloody wars.  The unity of human religions in the face of Gojira is based on a scene from The Second Renaissance, part of The Animatrix.

- Shoko Jigokuryu's spiel is based on the Church of the Final Atonement's treatment of the Shrike in the Hyperion Cantos.  His views will be explored in greater detail in a later chapter.  Jigokuryu means Hell Dragon.  The "eternal life in the eater of souls" line is taken shamelessly from A Colder War.

- The "kilometer-tall megatsunami" is a scientific possibility.  Normal earthquake-induced tsunamis are at most a dozen meters tall.  But a landslide within an enclosed space (e.g., Japan's Inland Sea) can cause tsunamis taller than the tallest buildings.  The southeast coast of Hiroshima and the west coast of Shikoku were cleansed to the bedrock in the aftermath of the nuking of Kyushu.

- As of 2006, the US and Russia had a combined nuclear stockpile of about 25,000 warheads.  A typical modern warhead on a Trident or Minuteman missile has a yield of 1-4 megatons.  So the nuking of Kyushu used a significant percentage of humanity's nuclear stockpile.  That's how serious the Gojira threat was.  For comparison, the Hiroshima bomb had a yield of about 20 kilotons.  A 1 megaton blast will flatten an area the size of New York's Central Park.  The effect of 70,000 megatons of TNT on Kyushu is simply unamaginable.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 08:21:14 AM by chera »

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 12:57:46 AM »
Part 10: NERV
Hello! Project headquarters

“It isn’t everyday that I meet an officer of the Japan Self Defence Force, let alone the… ah.. NERV.  How can I help you, Captain Ikari?” asked Tsunku.

The officer had a grave look over his face.  Curtly, he said, “Forgive me if I dispense with the trivialities.  In short, the monster Gojira survived the nuking of Kyushu.”

Rika Ishikawa, Yui Okada, and Erika Miyoshi, the three members of Viyuden, gave a gasp.  Tsunku turned grey.

The officer continued.  “Nukes appear to be useless against the Beast.  The last hope of humanity lies is in a weapons program that the SDF has been secretly been developing for the past decade.  The weapons are called the EVAs – short for Extropian Vehicle/Assault.  Basically giant bipedal robots, fused with human pilots, controlling assault weapons of a classified nature.”

Ikari continued.  “For reasons which I can not communicate at this time, three of the six EVA vehicles were specifically designed to accommodate you three ladies.”  The girls eyes’ opened wide in surprise.  “It goes without saying that your role must be carried out with utmost secrecy,” he continued.

Rika took a deep breath and looked at the grim faces of her two friends.  After a while, they nodded to her.  She closed her eyes and lowered her head.  Finally, she looked at Captain Ikari.  “Please, let us do that,” she said, her voice wavering.

“We are… we are willing to sacrifice our lives for our nation,” she continued.  “But could you clarify the situation?  What do you mean by ‘fusing’ human pilots with the robots?  And we’re just singers and dancers, not fighters – we know nothing about piloting giant robots.”

The officer nodded.  “I’ll answer your questions as well as I can when we arrive at EVA project headquarters in Hakone.  However, be aware that some of your questions might not be answerable due to concerns with national security.”

The girls stood up together.  With a look of determination, Yui said, “Let’s go then!”

Next chapter: EVA

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Morning Musume vs. Godzilla (Part 10: NERV)
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 01:09:59 AM »
He never told them that they would be drowned in LCL XD

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crayon Pop - Dancing Queen