JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hangry and Angry - Doubt

Author Topic: Fangirl: Chapter 5 (12/09/10)  (Read 12035 times)

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
Fangirl: Chapter 5 (12/09/10)
« on: March 14, 2010, 01:15:41 AM »
I was going to post this after I finished posting my Broken Destiny fic (so pray for a me having a good internet connection for the next few days.. :P)... but then...I think I'll just have to post first the trailer that I made..ahahaha...kindly comment if you want me to post it here..lol

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:43:30 PM by cogi_yoshi »

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Fangirl
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 04:56:06 AM »
Looks interesting!! Nayha~ I just WUB the thought of Rokkies as a 3 girl group <3 Best idea eva! So when's chapter 1 coming out? XD

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:08:55 AM »
interesting cogi, I am curious to see how the fic will work out, but from the trailer I am expecting something exciting :twothumbs
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 05:22:52 AM »
Ooooh, I remember reading this in your blog! :D

I also recall watching this trailer as well, can't wait for the first chapter Cogi. :D

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 07:51:04 AM »
Wooooooo!!!!  :rockon:

Cogi, this looks like it's gonna rock the house. I'm (as anybody would know by now xD) a huge Rika (and IshiYoshi) fan, so I'm really interested in your work in general. I have yet to read Broken Destiny (still trying to get through some of chaptered fics here at JPH!P  :jphip:), but it's on my reading list, as well as all of your one-shots. I remember seeing this fic in your blog, but I didn't check it out yet... I'll definitely follow it here though ^____^

I loved the trailer. Rika as a closet fangirl?  :w00t: And there's a big possibility of IshiYoshi here. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind Charmikitty one bit. So bring them both on.  :pimp:

It's just...  :lol: Rika being a Rokkies fangirl, I can't quite picture it yet. LOL. I've always seen Sayu, Reina & Eri as the fangirls, at one point or another... because Rika tops them all  :theking

Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading the story. Please post first chapter soon.  :twothumbs

:heart:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »
Oh gosh lol! This trailer was awesome! Pity I could hear the music cuz I was watching it in secret *shhh*

I never knew there were so many clips with just 6th gen. You joined the clips very well :) Rika as a fangirl is pure win! I can't wait to see how you link everyone up ^^

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »
oh...u decided to put it here huh?!  :hehehe: :hehehe: :hehehe:

cogi, im still waiting for the ending of this one  :cool2: the real version, of rika chasing mikitty to hokkaido!  :on woohoo: not the side story cos im kinda confused about it...te-hee  :bored:

its me yushiro.....!  :shifty:

keep writing good stories!  :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:

Offline Lovely♥

• Takahashi Ai loves me ♥
  • Itoshii no ma-ma-ma my darling ♫
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 10:10:36 PM »
woo loved it. i'll follow it  :inlove:

Cuando entendés que el TakaGaki es lo mejor es porque ganas.

Offline Vickitty

• aibutt is life <3
  • hey ai, u dah sexy~
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
Wooooooooo that's supah! Loved it  :D

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 04:47:55 PM »
Cogi!!!

OMG!  :mon fyeah:  :mon fyeah:  :mon fyeah:

I LOVE IT!!!  :twothumbs  :twothumbs  :twothumbs

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 02:48:52 AM »
I'm sorry if I posted it uhh..late....our internet got disconnected  :nervous..ahahahaha..so by this time if it didn't happen, my Broken Destiny would have been completed by now..(btw, I'm just at an internet cafe now:) )..So yeah..to make it up..I'll post the first chappie first..XD

Oh yeah..thanks for the lovely comments about my vid...XD
@ayase909- I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!!the 909 thingy...ahahah..yeah..still working on it when I have the time..XD

Chapter 1

“Ohayou!”
“Another boring day in office… “

“Ohayou, Ishikawa-san. The president wants to see you in his room.”

“Hai…”
“Now, what does he want? We just talked earlier.”

A girl with long, black hair walked slowly towards the room with a large wooden door at the end of the hall. The secretary greeted her politely. She gave out her best smile and went straight inside.

“Ohayou, dad!” She greeted the older man seated in a large glass table in the middle of the room with her ever energetic tone.

“Ohayou…” The man replied while giving a stern look at the new comer. “How many times have I told you not to call me that while we’re in the office, Rika?” The girl blinked several times before giving a light chuckle after she had seen her father’s smile.

“Sorry PRESIDENT Ishikawa, I forgot…” Rika played along, and went directly towards one of the vacant seats in front of the president. “So, you wanted to see me?”

“Yes, and I’ll go straight to the point. You will be facilitating our branch in Saitama. You’ll stay there for at least a month.” Rika’s eyes went wide. She was shocked but she didn’t utter any word. Any way, it’s not the first time her father surprised her like this. At least it’s much better than the last time her father sent her away. She stayed in Hokkaido for at least three months and helped manage their newly built company to become stable. But in Saitama, it’s already been well established and it can survive on its own. As far as she knew, there’s a really good employee behind that branch’s success.

“Hai, I’ll go there as soon as possible… but” Rika paused for a while. Her father always sent her to one of their branch whenever there’s a problem, it’s newly built or it’s on the brink of closing. But the Saitama branch was one of their strongest branches, “but why are you sending me there? As far as I know, it’s doing well in the market.”

“Well, there’s no problem. I just want you to check it and at the same time, learn some new things. It’s one of the best branches of the Ishikawa Group of Companies, so this time you will be there not as a facilitator but just like a newly acquired employee learning from the company. Of course, there will be occasional meetings and other office works but just let them handle it, alright?” Mr. Ishikawa said warmly. He was glad that he had a very helpful, compassionate and intelligent daughter. Even though he wasn’t blessed with a son, Rika will definitely become the president of his company without any comments from the other stock holders.

“Yes, it’s good to be the follower sometimes. So, when will I go there?”

“Two days from now. I guess that time is enough for you to pack your things?”

“2 days? Well, it’s better than the last time when you told me that I was going to Hokkaido the next day.” Rika laughed. He father can be really sadistic sometimes. The president just smiled at her daughter. Rika stopped laughing and stood up. “So, then, I’m going back to work now. I’ll just do my packing when I got home. Have a good day… “

………………..
Rika immersed herself with all the paper works that morning. When it comes to work, she can get pretty serious about it. But there’s one thing her father or other members of their company doesn’t know about her. All they know was that she graduated Magna Cum Laude in her college degree three years ago and she’s helping the company even though she’s still in high school before. Only her best friend knows what she’s thinking inside… and what her real personality is? Its 5 minutes before lunch. She’s sorting her papers on the table and transferred it to a nearby desk. She went to her small refrigerator and got herself a salad and some spring rolls for lunch. Rika put it on her table beside her laptop. She was about to type something on the keyboard when her phone rang.

“Moshi-moshi?”

“Rika-chan! I’ve uploaded my new fic.  It’s just a one shot but be sure to comment on it!” Came a girly voice. Rika smiled. It was her best friend; the one who introduced her to this kind of world when they were in high school. At first, she thought of it as a ‘balancing agent’ to her busy life. Studying hard and helping in her father’s company at such a young age is hard. She needed something to help her lessen the stress and Ayumi showed her that. As the years pass by, that certain ‘world’ became a part of her. She never thought of it as a way to lessen her stress but as a part of her life. Her day wouldn’t be complete without it; the world of blogging and fandom.

“Sure! I was about to log in. Hey!!!! I’ve downloaded something!!!” Rika gave a suppressed squeal. It’s already noon and her secretary is on her lunch break but she can’t let down her guard.

“What is it?”

“You’ve heard about the latest concert of the ‘Three-Tums’ last week right?”

“Yes, I know that its Tanaka’s birthday special but I still didn’t read what happened in that concert.”

“Well, Maki Goto surprised Reina!!! When Sayumi and Eri was singing happy birthday, Maki went out from the back stage and gave Reina a gift. You should see how Eri glared at Maki!!! KYAAAH!!!! It’s pure jealousy!!!”

“EYAAAHHH!!! NICE!!!!” Ayumi squealed simultaneously with her best friend. Before, she was the one who’s so into this kind of fandom. She was the louder type of fan and Rika, the subtle type. They began from anime and then it evolved into J-pop. And now, it was the other way around. Her friend developed her ‘squealing’ voice so now she’s louder than her. And she let her be, for it’s the only way Rika was enjoying her childhood youth that was snatched by the company. She might look mature but deep inside, there’s still the little child who wants to have fun and have a normal, happy life. “Ahahaha, but sad to say, you know that I’m not a TanaKamei fan. I’m more of a TanaShige fan… but it’s cool. Why was Maki there? She’s a soloist from Avex Trax right?”

“I have a theory! You know that Yuki Goto and Koki Tanaka were from Johnny’s right? Maybe Koki told Yuki that his younger sister idolizes his older sister. And that’s why Maki decided to go in that concert.”

“Hey, you’re good! It’s possible… I smell something…”

“What?” Rika queried.

“A new fic!!!! Ahahaha… I’m going to make a love triangle between those three!” Ayumi excitedly squealed.

“And how about Sayumi? She’s your favorite right?”

“Hmmm… How about making it a Maki-Reina and Sayu-Eri fic then? Ahahahahaha!!!” Rika removed the receiver from her ear for ten seconds. That’s the rate that Ayumi’s incoherent words last every time she thought of new ideas for writing a fic. She took a bite from her salad and logged in on her blog site. She quickly clicked the linked to Ayumi’s blog account.

“I’m going to read your entry now. OHHH!!!!! It’s OhYass!!! HARHARHAR!!!” Rika laughed like a psychotic killer over the phone. She didn’t care whether her secretary will hear her or not. She’s so into her own world right now to be thinking of anything.

“Hahaha… I know you will like it… Comment!!! I need a really good evaluation from that!!!”

“Sure… I’ll give you a ‘novel’ type of comment. I’ll call you when I get back home ok?”

“Ok! Happy reading!” Rika put the receiver back. Her friend was a good writer. Even though she was gifted with intelligence, what she lacks was an artistic mind. Surely, she can write but it lacks some elements of a good story. Ayumi was a vivid writer. Whenever she reads her story, she can easily visualize what was happening in the story as if she was watching it from the television. But her story? It looks like a high school student wrote it. She can’t describe the scenes well no matter how hard she tried. The readers can easily see where her story was heading; her story was predictable. That’s why always gave her ideas to her best friend so that she can write it better. She occasionally writes fics but it’s mostly one shots and in the comedy genre. Rika was satisfied with just reading and giving comments as of now.

When she finished reading, and giving her ‘novel’ comment to her best friend, she checked other forums of her favorite girl group. She was having the time of her life reading the two groups, namely the TanaKamei and TanaShige, fighting over a forum. She’s a TanaKamei fan but she won’t do things like that. She’s satisfied being a ‘lurker’ of that forum. Rika glanced over the clock near the door.

“Oh, lunch break is almost over… I better check whether she has a new fic or not.” Rika typed in the address bar, her favorite writer’s URL. She was overjoyed when she saw a new entry.

“I’ll just copy this! I’ll read it at home.” Rika opened the notepad and pasted the text in there. She saved it and logged out of the web. She stood up and washed her plates and utensils before going back to her desk to resume her work.

“I’ll better remove those foods before I’ll go away.

…………………….
Rika went straight to her room when she arrived in their house. Her father thought that she will pack her things right away but he was wrong. Rika was excited to read the new fic of her favorite writer. She locked her door and opened her laptop. She clicked ‘Documents’ and opened the file named: ‘new fic’. Rika finished it quickly and called her best friend.

“Ayu!!! My favorite writer has a new fiiiiiiiiiiiccccccc!!!”

“I guess it’s a TanaKamei fic right?”

“YES!!! How did you deduce that?” Rika curiously asked.

“Well, it’s easy, your tone is different. You have a high energy when it comes to TanaKamei and OhYass fics than in other pairings.”

“Ooh, is that so? Anyways, the story’s great.”

“It always is…” Ayumi cut off. “So, what’s the story this time?”

“It’s a TanaKamei version of Taiyou no Uta, but of course... there are differences though she just uploaded chapter 1.”

“How did you know that it’s a TanaKamei version of Taiyou no Uta when it’s just the first chapter?” Ayumi asked.

“Well, based on the first scene… It’s almost the same.. and I remember Kuwagata said that the next fic will be a TanaKamei one.”

“Ahh, I see. And? Have you already commented? You’re always giving me lengthy remarks but you’ve been following that writer for three years now and you still haven’t said anything?”

“I’m satisfied being a lurker.”

“C’mon! Sometimes, writers’ write because they know that there are people who reads their stories. Others, like me for example, just write what we want to express. We don’t care whether someone or nobody will read them.”

“But you always require me to comment on your work.” Rika sarcastically cut in.

“That’s different! It’s because most of my works are based on your ideas. I was just checking whether what I wrote is close to the story inside your mind. Your stories are wonderful. You just need to express them more. It will take some time. Remember, practice makes it perfect!”

“Sure, I’ll practice more. Oh by the way,” Rika remembered something she should have said earlier, “I’m going to Saitama two days from now. I’ll stay there for at least a month. Would you want to go shopping with me tomorrow? That is, if you’re free.”

“Hai, I’m free after lunch. Let’s meet in the usual place.”

“Ok, I’ll pack my things now. See you tomorrow!”

“Ja!”

Rika didn’t move from her position. She looked at the large bag near her cabinet and sighed. She’s not in the mood to pack her things right now. She decided to do it after dinner. For now, she will do what Ayumi’s saying to her. She will try to comment on someone else’s story. She re-read again the story from the notepad.

…………………
CHAPTER 1:

“She looks like a minor no matter how I look at her. I’m going to get her.” The officer released the lock of his seatbelt and opened the car door. There’s a curfew for minors; they must be inside their homes from midnight until 4 in the morning. Those who will not comply will be arrested. A much older looking policeman seating on the other seat tried to stop the leaving officer.

“Wait! Leave her alone. Her auntie informed us before about her situation.”

“What situation?” The young officer seemed interested in what his sempai will tell him.

“I forgot about it… but… she can only come out at night. She has a certain kind of sickness, something like that.”

“Ohhh…” The young officer trailed off; his eyes were watching the young lady dribbling and shooting the ball at the basket.

……………….
The young girl remained at the court until the wee hours of the morning. She was drenched in sweat as she tried to catch up her breath. The girl went to the nearby bench where her bag was located. She rummaged her things inside it and got her towel and her water jug. She emptied her fourth water jug in one sitting and wiped her face after that. The girl looked at her watch; it’s almost sunrise. She put all of her things inside her bag and stood up to go home. There’s no need to rush, her home is the two-storey house near the hill where the court can be clearly seen from her room.

When she arrived inside her room, the girl immediately walked towards her window. She can see that the sun was starting to rise. Her eyes quickly wandered towards the court that she left. She waited patiently for ‘that’ person to come. She pulled down a special cover on her windows as the sun rose higher on the sky. Her eyes widened with anticipation as she saw the person that she’s waiting for. She watched silently over her window the girl who was using the court she left earlier. She smiled inwardly as the girl gets frustrated over missed shots or getting happy whenever her three-pointers go in the basket.

She looked up at the shining sun. She always dreamt that she’s playing her favourite sport with that girl under the sun. Her smile vanished. That day will never come for her. The girl that she’s watching already went on her own way. She stood up and went back to her bed to lay her tired body. She’ll wake up when the sun already disappeared from the sky.

………………
 “Konnichiwa!” A girl wearing a uniform said after getting inside the house. It’s not her house but she considered it her ‘second’ home for she always comes here to visit her best friend. The lady just smiled and continued with her painting.

“Hey… you’re early today. Did you skip your last subject?”

“No, even though I wanted too because she’s really boring. Something came up and she dismissed us early.” The girl replied. She walked towards the lady wearing a colorful apron; thanks to the different paint marks on her white apron, and looked at the canvass. “Sugoi! You’re really good at painting nee, aunt Kaori…”

“Thank you, Sayumi. Now, go up and check whether she’s awake. I need to focus here.” The girl nodded and went upstairs. She went directly to the door on the left side of the staircase. She opened the door slowly, making sure not to make any sound. She closed it and tip-toed her way towards the bed where her sleeping friend lies.

“Oi! Wake up sleepy head!!!” The girl jumped over the figure under the sheets and put all of her weight on it.

“MOU!!! Shige-san!!! You’re heavy!”

“Hahaha… gomen.” The girl moved away from her still drowsy friend. “Come on Eri! The sun had already set so let’s have fun!” When Sayumi saw that her friend still wanted to visit dreamland, she pulled out the covers and grabbed her friend by her feet. “C’mon, I don’t want to do this to you but you’re forcing me to do it!”

“Sayu… I’m still sleepy… Please… STOOOPPP!!!” Eri was about to close her eyes when Sayu pulled her. She grabbed some of the sheets but it’s not helping her at all. Sayumi’s pulling her out of her bed and then a loud crash was heard.

“Itai… You’re really mean!” Eri sat up on the floor. Thankfully, her bed was somewhat low so it’s not that painful.

“Hai!” Sayumi answered using her cutesy voice. “ Gomen but I just did that because you’re wasting our precious time! Let’s go out and play.”

“It’s Saturday tomorrow, you don’t have any classes. You can stay up late.”

“I plan on sleeping early this night for my beauty rest.” Eri raised her eyebrow on her friend. She can see that her friend was just joking. She might be narcissistic but Sayumi will do anything for her; even skip her precious beauty rest just to spend some time with her best friend.

TBC

………………………………….

Rika was looking forward on the next chapter. She watched Taiyou no Uta last summer and she knew that the next scene will be her favorite; that is, if ‘she’ will include that cute part or her version will be different. Rika logged in on her blog account. She will comment to that author for the first time in three years.

Charmy: Hi! I’ve been lurking in your site for the last three years. I love the fics that you’re writing specially the TanaKamei ones. Your latest installment is cool. I hope you include the scene where ‘Eri’ will chase ‘Reina’ (the guy). It’s my favorite part. Can’t wait for the next chapter! Great job!

Rika pressed the ‘post’ button. It’s really short compared to what she’s been writing to her friend but at least, she made a comment. She was smiling inwardly for she knew that her best friend will treat her tomorrow because of the ‘milestone’ she achieved.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Fangirl: Chapter 1
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 03:58:47 AM »
very interesting chapter. the fic part was actually something refreshing :D

Too bad for your internet :(
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 10:39:35 AM »
Nice new idea for a story!

liked it how you wrote a fanfic in a fanfic, now that is novel :thumbup

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 02:29:05 PM »
Nice to see this story up; I've been anticipating it for a while now. Sucks about your internet, though, rough break. Hopefully you'll get some more internet cafe time soon.

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 05:04:11 AM »
Y~ay! Finally, chapter 1~! It amuses me to have Rika fangirling over TanaKame tho, well one thing's for sure, she has good tastes XD

Btw... what (or who) is OhYass? I can't seem to figure out what pairing that is...

Offline Vickitty

• aibutt is life <3
  • hey ai, u dah sexy~
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »
Zomg~~~
Rika's like me HAHAHA xD Whoa, this is a great idea. Really liked it.
I wonder who'll be the writer  :inlove:
 :twothumbs

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 07:16:37 AM »
I can't help but lol'd as I read through the chapter. Rika is kinda like...*looks around* most of us here?  XD Fangirl Rika rocks! I'll have a hard time choosing between Tanakame & Tanashige if I were her :lol:

Oh I so want to read the next chapter! And the one from Rika's fav writer as well :w00t: Tanakame yay~

Offline amEthystx

• The Bishop NI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »
^ LOL~ *looks around* Yup~ definitely us..

This story is great..! haha.. a story telling a story which has a story within~! LOL XD So we are reading 2 set of fanfic in one go... If that author updates too~ =X

Anyway~ are we going to have any inside story on the 3-tums?  :P

Ha~

:)

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:13:33 AM »
woah...a lot of comments...ahahahaha. :)

@kurosawa & rndnm-yeah... it sucks...but with my busy schedule.. I think I don't feel like I've lost my net.... Cause I can't go online sometimes...ahahaha..needs rest..XD

@oddball- ahahaha..it's not really a novel.. it's just a short one... though it contains two stories..XD
@stefy- Ohyass...is a yaoi pairing from Kanjani 8...ahahahaha...so Rika here likes shonen ai and shojo ai...she's a 'balanced' fangirl..lol
@Vickitty- thanks for liking it... the writer...you have some hints with the 'online' name of that writer...XD
@baddie- yeah...it's mostly patterned with us fangirls...basically me... so it's like a story about us... :yep:
@amEthystx- don't worry every chapter of this fic has a chapter update of the 'inside' story too... XD
@sweeety- uhh....uhhh... yeah..the ending...slow process...and about your b-day gift...I'll post it sometime..but not now...too busy to write something...needs a lot of rest..lol.but a promise is a promise...I'll write that as soon as I have a free time...XD

So here's the next update..enjoy!XD

Chapter 2

Rika was unpacking her things in her new room; her room for a whole month. It was an apartment by their company for those employees who came from far prefectures. Her father arranged everything before she went in there. There was a 42 inch HD television coupled with large speakers and a DVD player; a black leather couch and a sophisticated center table in the living room area. The refrigerator was filled with different kinds of foods and drinks. There’s also a gallon of vanilla ice cream on the freezer. Her room was the best room that she had on her trips. Her queen sized bed was as soft as her real bed at home. The pillows were made from synthetic fibers, which were as soft as cotton or feathers, without her worrying to have an asthma attack. The bed sheets used were as smooth as silk but its thick enough to withstand the cold air given off by the air conditioner.

Rika sat on one side of the bed and got her keitai. She smiled at the cute pink accessory hanging at the side of it. As she predicted, Ayumi treated her to a restaurant and gave the accessory for commenting on someone’s work besides her. She typed a mail; one for her father and the other to Ayumi telling that she arrived safely at the new place. She opened her laptop and checked whether there’s something new about her favorite group, the ‘Three-Tums’, and to check if there’s a new fanfic on the forum.

She spent a full hour browsing the web, downloading new videos and reading new fics. She was getting hungry for it’s almost noon but before she decided to go downstairs, she checked whether her favorite writer has updated her fic. And she did. She was happy to see a new post entitled ‘chapter 2 but before reading it, she checked the comment’s page on her previous post. There was a reply.

Kuwagata said:
Thank you for ‘secretly’ following me all this time. I’m glad that you’ve come out of your shell. And about your request, I’ve already uploaded the next chapter. I hope you will comment again.

Rika smiled as she read the reply. She clicked the back button and opened another window. She went to a site of her favorite group to download new videos while she was reading the new chapter.

Chapter 2

“You’re going to play again? I’ll not let you go until you’ve eaten your dinner.” Eri’s auntie said as she saw the two coming down the stairs holding a basketball. She laid her painting tools on a table, removed her apron and went to the kitchen to prepare their dinner.

“Of course we’ll eat first! I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast.” Eri laughed. He put the ball on their couch and went to the kitchen to help her aunt. Sayumi considered Eri’s house as her second home so she also helped in preparing dinner. When all was settled, the three of them sat on the dining table. They stayed for thirty minute in the table because they enjoyed their conversation. Sayumi was telling them that she was picked as the muse of their section for the coming Sports Festival in their school. Eri got excited over the news that she was choked because of eating and squealing with joy at the same time. When the meal was over, Eri picked up the ball and their bags before opening the door.

“We’re going out now!”

“Ok, take care! The sun will rise at 5 in the morning. Be sure that you’re here by then.”

“Don’t worry aunt Kaori, I’ll make sure she gets home safely.” Sayumi reassured. Eri pulled her friend out of the house and they head towards the court. The two played a game; the most number of shots made at the free-throw line within 60 seconds, wins. And 5 seconds before the time expired, Eri’s shot went into the basket, tying her score with Sayumi. All she needed now was another shot to be declared as a winner. But her concentration was destroyed when she saw a familiar person walking on the other side of the street.

“3….. 2….. 1! Time’s up!!” Sayumi screamed. Eri hasn’t thrown the ball on the basket. She stayed there, motionless for a couple of seconds. “Earth to Eri! Don’t worry about it; at least we’re tied right?”

“Hold this for a while.” Eri gave the ball to Sayumi and ran outside to chase the girl.

“Hey! Where are you going? Wait for me!” Sayumi got their bags on the bench and ran after her fleeing friend.

A girl wearing a uniform, with a yellow cap, was oblivious that someone was running after her. She was listening to her iPod when Eri tackled her on the ground.

“Itai… hey, would you watch where…”

“Kamei Eri desu!” Eri said energetically. The other girl was bewildered over her sudden outburst.

“Huh?!?”

“My name’s Kamei Eri.”

“So?” The girl retorted. She was slowly getting irritated by this girl.

“You can call me Eri… or Eririn. I don’t mind at all.”

“Look …” The girl glared at Eri. She didn’t know what to do; whether to call the police to help her, or to help this girl who looked like she just escaped from a mental asylum.

“My favourite colors are pink, gray and white… My favourite foods are spaghetti and yogurt… not spaghetti WITH yogurt... that taste’s bad” The girl didn’t have a time to say anything for Eri always interrupts her.

“Ma…matte..”

“I want to become your friend!”

“Eh?!? Nani?” The girl’s eyes opened wide. This ‘crazy’ girl just popped up out in the blue, and now she’s asking to be her friend.

“I want to become your friend!”

“Cho… chotto matte…”

“My hobby is reading books and I’m good at running…  my favourite sport is basketball. I want to be your friend…”

“Sumimasen… I’m sorry about that… we’re going now.” Sayumi appeared from behind and apologized to the girl. She pulled her friend away.

“Sayu! What are you doing?!”

“That should be my line. Why did you attack that girl?

“I’m not attacking her, I was introducing myself!”

“Yeah, you’re just introducing yourself.” Sayumi stopped pulling Eri and faced her. She tried to imitate Eri. “My favourite foods are spaghetti and yogurt… not spaghetti WITH yogurt.. that taste’s bad” Sayumi reverted to her old self. “That’s so lame, you know that?”

Eri watched her friend imitating her. She just realized how stupid she looked in front of that girl. “I look stupid…. WAAAHHH!!!! WHY DID I DO THAT?!? Why didn’t you stopped me earlier?!?”

“Baka! You’re a fast runner! I had a hard time catching up with you.”

“But why did you hear what I’ve said?”

“Because you’re so loud when you become overjoyed with something!” Eri was stunned. Sayumi sure knew a lot about her; even the things that she didn’t know about herself. She has been her friend for 6 years now, make that her ‘only’ friend ever since coming to her aunt’s house in the Yamaguchi prefecture. Sayumi looked at her seriously.

“I was a little bit jealous over there.”

TBC

………………….
Charmy: KYAAAHHHH!!!! Your version’s so cool! (biased, LOL) I like the part where Eri enumerated her favorite foods. Your ‘spaghetti with yogurt’ made me roll on the floor. It looks like there’s a KameShige hint in there. Hmmm, now, I have no idea what you will do on the next chapter. I’m getting excited over your next update… TanaKamei ROCKS!!!
I ‘did’ comment again…  XD

Rika proceeded with her unpacking after lunch, while downloading new videos and stuffs. Her room has a broadband connection so she’s ‘exploiting’ her new laptop for her old one just broke down two months ago. She didn’t throw or sell it to a recycling center but she kept it in her room because of its sentimental value. She received her first laptop from her dad when she was a freshman in high school. It’s larger and heavier than her current laptop and it doesn’t have ‘Wi-Fi’ access yet, but thankfully, it’s equipped with a modem that lets her browse the internet. Thus, her ‘fan-girling’ progressed, with the help of Ayumi of course. She has a locked cabinet inside her room. It contains hundreds of concert DVD’s of various artists and Anime series along with her backup data DVD for her downloads in the net. And now that she will be gone for a month, she brought at least 10 blank DVD’s for all downloads she will do while staying in Saitama.

She burned the recent J-drama where the main characters are the ‘Three-Tums’. She prepared some snacks before watching what she downloaded on the DVD. The series lasted for six hours so it’s already dinner time when she rose from the couch. She haven’t read the description of the series (a thing she always did whenever she downloaded something that has to do with her favorite groups) so she was shocked that its story revolved on a group of five girls gifted with psychic abilities. She learned that aside from ‘Three-Tums’, Ai Takahashi and Risa Niigaki of ‘Futari’ were there also, and all of them gave her a ‘nice’ time screaming her heart out. If it weren’t for the sound proof wall, then her neighbors might have already knocked on her door to check why she’s screaming.

And that’s how she spent her first day in Saitama. About her first ‘working’ day, due to her inability to sleep the night before because of the terror that the series gave her, her usual arriving time at the office, which is 20 minutes before the time, was reduced to 5 minutes. She had to literally imitate ‘The Flash’ to get there on time. She was greeted with respect as soon as she came inside their office.

“Good morning Ms. Ishikawa, welcome to our branch!” A man wearing the usual office tuxedo appeared from a corner and greeted her. She knew this man from the annual year-end meeting set by her father. The success of this branch was partly because of him and the kind of work management he’s implying.

“Good morning too, Mr. Nishida! I’ve seen last month’s sales report and I want to congratulate you for being the highest earning branch again. You have good policies and great workers.” Rika extended her hand and congratulated the president of the Saitama branch, who is only 5 years older than her father.

“But the best one is still the main branch, and I guess, that’s because you and your father are really good in handling people and managing the company. I’m really honored that you will stay here for a month, even though you’re here like a trainee.” The man smiled. Whenever there’s a meeting on the main branch, he always makes it a point to talk with Rika. He was intrigued at first when he learned that a high school student was the reason why the main branch was doing well in the market. The moment Rika first spoke in the 1st quarter meeting years ago, he was awed by her ingenuity and superb logical thinking to find a suitable solution to the problems presented, that even some of them thought it’s impossible at first. From that moment he respected the girl and made it a point to talk with her whenever possible. He considered her his daughter too.

“So, shall we start our orientation?”

…………………..
Mr. Nishida started the day by introducing Rika to each department heads and their staffs. He also explained the rules and regulations of their branch. It was Rika’s turn to be impressed for they were following the Theory Z; one of the theories of management where the management integrates the positive features of Japanese and American firms. The rest of their branches, including the main branch is following the ‘Scientific Management of Taylor’ where the management determines the best way to perform the needed tasks and what are the job outputs to be expected. Also, they get the best person for each task and further train him to do the job properly. Even though they have a different type of management, they can still follow the mission and vision of the company.

When lunch break came, Mr. Nishida treated Rika on their cafeteria. Even though its break time, they were still discussing things related to their work; from the SWOT Analysis, to the business plans. At the back of Rika’s mind, she was somewhat sad. Sad that her break time was still used in work. That her precious ‘on-line’ time was taken away from her.

“I’m going to show you your own office where you will stay for the month.”

“Ehh? I have my own room here? But I thought I was just a trainee?” Rika joked. She knew that her father or even Mr. Nishida wouldn’t allow her to share with someone else’s room. After all, she was still the CEO of their company.

“Hahaha, of course you do. You’ll still do your paper works and stuffs while following our policies and most of the time, you’ll be a spectator on how we do things here. Now, let’s go.” Mr. Nishida brought Rika to a small room. It’s a normal office room; a table with two chairs in front and a couch near the door. There’s also a computer on one side of the room coupled with a 4-in-1 device with printer, scanner, copier and fax machine. It’s a lot smaller than her real office where she had a private kitchen and CR.

“It’s not as cozy as your office…”

“But it has the basic things I need for my work. It’s alright with me. Thank you.” Rika cut in. Mr. Nishida smiled and walked back towards the door.

“Your secretary will come when the break’s over. She will notify you about the schedules and what you will do here.”

“Hai, arigatou.” Rika sat on her chair when Mr. Nishida closed the door. Because she was in a hurry earlier, she forgot to bring her precious laptop. She looked over the computer longingly.

“No! Bad idea… That computer is for office work only! I won’t fall over this temptation!”

Rika browsed some papers over her table. She was having a hard time understanding what she read because that TanaKamei fic that she read last night was plaguing her mind. She thought of possible things that will happen in the next chapter; one version was TanaKamei and the other, KameShige. She was so into her world that she didn’t notice that someone was inside her room.

“Ano… good afternoon Ms. Ishikawa.” Rika blinked many times at the short-haired girl in front of her. “Are you feeling well?”

At that Rika ‘awoke’ from her fantasy. “Ahhh… good afternoon. Sorry, I didn’t notice you. How can I help you?”

“I’m Yaguchi Mari, your secretary.” The girl smiled.

“Oh, is that so? Mr. Nishida said that you will orient me with the schedules and other things.”

“Hai, I’ve brought your schedule here.”

Mari picked up her notebook and enumerated to Rika her schedule for the rest of the day. She also instructed Rika to push the number 1 button in the intercom if she wanted to contact her. Rika learned that she needed to attend the three o’ clock meeting. They finished the ‘orientation’ at around 2:30 in the afternoon. She stood up and went to the meeting room. There’s a large oval table in the middle. At the other end of the room, there’s a podium with microphone and a white board that can also serve as a ‘screen’ for the projector. She sat in one of the chairs but immediately stood up when she heard the door open. She saw a blond-haired girl enter the room.

“Good afternoon.” Rika said enthusiastically. The girl stared at her for a moment before nodding.
“She didn’t probably know me. I didn’t see her earlier.”

The girl sat on the opposite side of Rika. She was silent all the while. Rika wanted to speak with her but it seems that the girl was thinking something and didn’t want to be bothered. At last, Mr. Nishida came.

“Yoshizawa-san, glad you can make it to the meeting.”

“I made sure that I will finish my business trip before lunch time.” The girl replied. Rika looked back and forth towards the girl and Mr. Nishida.

“Oh, by the way, this is Ms. Yoshizawa Hitomi, our overall area manager. She’s your version here” Mr. Nishida winked at Rika. She understood it.

“So, she’s the reason that this company is doing really well.”

“Glad to meet you.” Rika said and extended her hand for a hand shake. “I’m Ishikawa Rika from the main branch, I’ll be staying here for a month.” Just saying her surname made the girl’s eyes widen from shock.

“Gla... glad to meet you to.”

The meeting started at exactly three and ended at exactly five. Nothing much happened during that meeting except that Hitomi can’t look straight at her face whenever she’s saying anything. “It must have been quite a shock to her. She didn’t greet me formally when she first entered.” Rika smiled to herself.

When she entered her apartment, the first that she did was to eat her dinner. Then, she opened her laptop and checked whether there’s a new chapter on that ‘Taiyou no Uta’ version of Three-Tums. There’s no update yet, but a lot of people have commented on it.

Eri_S.L.A.V.E.  said:

A NEW UPDATE!!!! Yey! Glad you decided to write a KameShige fic! Please do continue it!XD

Elevator_Party said:
A yellow cap? Hmmm, is that the cap Reina wore on their Resonant Blue PV where it has ‘Destinys Heartful’ written on it? XD
Sayu’s jealous… She should yell ‘Help Me’ right now. LOL

NiNi said:
I have other version in my mind…LOL
Eri: *tackles Reina on the ground*
Reina: “LOOK WHERE YOU’RE WALKIN’, DAMMIT!”
Eri: *runs away*

Kuwagata said:
-Charmy- Glad you could comment again. ^-^

-Eri_S.L.A.V.E. – I also included in my tags that it’s TanaKamei. I won’t tell whether there’s a twist or not. Just continue reading it. ^-^

- Elevator_Party- Yes, I’m glad you noticed it too.

-NiNi- that’s a good one. You based it on their ‘Yankee Crouching Battle' in Maiido Arii right?

Rika laughed at one of the comments given. She also watched that show and she squealed with delight as Reina bumped into Eri during their ‘dance’ routine. Another TanaKamei hint for her.

TBC

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:18:01 AM by cogi_yoshi »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Fangirl: Chapter 2 (06/20/10)
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »
^ double posted the chapter there lol

interesting although Yaguchi would make a nice secretary