JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Advantage Lucy - Tooi Hi

Author Topic: Anyone got Wood for Sheep? - The Board Game Thread  (Read 13807 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: Anyone got Wood for Sheep? - The Board Game Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »

My modest collection.

I'm playing around and learning to use my camera.  :cow:

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »
^ nice games, most of them are war-dice games?

i will take a few of mine later as well.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 08:13:33 AM »
A couple of them are. Conquest of the Empire definitely fits the mold.

Through the Desert is a camel-placing game kinda like Go.

Caylus is an economic Euro strategy game.

Pandemic is a cooperative game where you try to cure diseases before they run amock.

Dungeon Twister is a strategic dungeon crawl - no luck or dice so it's a bit like Chess.

Descent is a big dungeon-crawl type game.

Race for the Galaxy is an economic empire-building card game.

Anima is an adventuring game where you build up a party and go to different places fighting monsters and stuff.

Citadels is a card game where you build a city and have hidden roles that let you interact with the other players.

Condotierre is a war/resource-management card game.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 12:12:06 AM »
Oh, a boardgames thread!  :heart:
My boyfriend and I kind of collect board games <,<; it's sort of ridiculous, but here are the games we have so far (and I might be forgetting some, lol)

Talisman
Dungeon Twister
Pandemic
Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game
Conquest of Paradise
Twilight Struggle
Risk
Villa Paletti
Mare Nostrum
War on Terror: The Board Game
Nexus Ops
Niagara
Railroad Tycoon: The Board Game
Warrior Knights
Elfenland
Diplomacy
Axis & Allies
Munchkin (w/ Cthulhu expansion)
Puerto Rico
Tempus
The Traders of Genoa
Memoir '44
BattleLore
Runebound
Ticket to Ride: Europe
The Settlers of Catan
Louis XIV
Carcassonne
Fury of Dracula
Arkham Horror
Friedrich
A Game of Thrones
Doom: The Board Game
Marvel Heroes
It's a Small World
Dominion
Tales of the Arabian Nights

COME OVER FOR A GAME SOME TIME! We'd love to have more people to play with T_T; :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 12:43:05 AM »
Nice collection!

Too bad the trip is so far. I see a few on that list that I enjoy. I'm hoping to get to play some Pandemic and maybe Age of Conan this weekend. Arkham Horror is another favorite of mine that I've been playing a lot lately.

I've expanded my own collection a bit in the years since the original post: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zuviel?own=1&subtype=boardgame&gallery=large&ff=1 (rather than typing out the list again).

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »
Played a 2-player game of Imperial 2030 today. It was a lot of fun xD For those who don't know, Imperial 2030 is about investing in countries and TAKING OVER THE WORLD.... xD; So... invest cleverly and dump countries who're doing badly ;D

Here's the end board

We completely bankrupted India, Europe went on struggling through most of the game with 1million to spare (meaning that it was worthless to go to Taxation, which is the only feature in the game that scores you points), USA did marginally better with 2million, China started out strong, but got invaded by Russia and completely disintegrated, Russia just... did their thing and did it very well (Russia was the country that ended the game), and Brazil partied on, taking over all of South America and even Alaska! :lol:

Unfortunately I am a bit cursed when it comes to strategic games like this, I'm always able to think of clever plans for the other players, but never able to see what I should do to improve my own situation... and of course when I play 2-player games, I'm not able to contain myself, so I blurt out things like "Oh, I would have BLABLABLABLA" and so my opponent goes and does just that T___T; lol I was the one who built up the beautiful foundation of Brazil's empire, but then my opponent went and invested more money in Brazil and took it over. It turned into a crazy fight over who got to control Brazil xD;;; While at the same time trying to make sure that Brazil didn't lose too much of its territory. Aaaaugh

I also controlled Europe and China .... those were the countries I was left with at the end, and they both did horribly bad :lol: so... yeah. I lost Brazil, and didn't want to try and invest too much in other countries so aaugh. I got stuck xD;

Still, it was a lot of fun. My Europe plan made me laugh so much, I didn't have money to be able to do anything, and Taxation was impossible through most of the game (without having me as the investor lose money), so I just kept on building up my armies until I couldn't build anymore xD; But I'd also made a pact with Russia, so I couldn't go invade them.... 8D lol I started moving in on Africa just as the game ended. Oh well. I'm sure Europe would have done better if the game had continued on for a couple of rounds. Maybe :P

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »
Sounds fun. I played the original Imperial, but I haven't had a chance to try the new version yet. Russia was strong in the original too. :)

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 04:49:28 AM »
We bought and played Navegador today. I enjoyed it a lot~ First play-throughs are always a bit awkward, but this went relatively smooth :D The rules were easy to understand, and worked very well.

I'm glad it focuses on market, rather than combat. I suck at thinking strategically about both things at the same time, so it was a joy being able to focus on just building up my colonies, and exploring as much as possible (as opposed to worrying about that + worrying about being prepared for attacks at all times  :bleed eyes: ).

Looking forward to playing it again~~~ :D

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Advantage Lucy - Tooi Hi