JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Puffy - Nagisa ni matsuwaru Et Cetera

Author Topic: Underrated people in H!P  (Read 25707 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Underrated people in H!P
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:04:22 AM »
Everytime I watch clips from concerts and stuff I feel that there are some members in H!P who are underappreciated.

For me it would be two girls from Country Musume: Kimura Asami and Saito Miuna. They really know how to bring it :) Asami can really dance.

So, who do you think is underappreciated and why?

Please do not turn this into an " she is overrated/bashing" thread  ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:17:38 AM by shirenu »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Underrated people in H!P
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:35:42 AM »
Well in sexiness, to me it's Ayaka... In H!P concerts she always catches my eye even if I don't really try to pay attention to her or anything. I always see her and think "ah, Ayaka is so sexy" XD Her smile and all. I don't know it that counts as being underrated, ROFL! (I'd love to see her do better in our annual hotness poll, but since musumes are turning 18, I don't see her even making it to top 10 next time)

And IN A WAY Koharu is: even if her Kirarin singles have been selling like hotcakes some people just can't give her any credit. The point is that SHE makes a great Kirari, she is adorably dumbly goofy and sparkly. I think she'd deserve to be more popular than she is.

Also, *I feel* that members who were once the aces of Momusu are kinda becoming underrated these days, like Nacchi, Gocchin and Rika. People just seem to forget about all the graduated members and follow the mothership that is Morning Musume. It's to be expected, but still a bit sad to see how the people who made Momusu's existance possible are being pushed into a corner and forgotten about. And I always take it personally if I see someone show disrespect to 1st gen, cuz if it wasn't for those 5 girls you wouldn't have Yossi, Risa, Reina, or any of the girls from the following gens (not to mention the other units!)... So yeah lol. Pleaaase don't underappreciate the 'old members' XD XD XD
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:36:57 AM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »
I'm not good at those topics but when I look at my small Berryz universe I'd say that Tokunaga Chinami is underrated :D
She hardly gets line in BK songs etc. the only thing she seems to be doing "a lot" is MCing in concerts etc. but her voice isn't that bad at all maybe just does not fit in the group as good as Momoko's, Risako's and Miyabi's. She's also a good dancer and definitely a happy-looking person.
It's healthy to pay attention to her because it will lighten your mood! :D
Therefore I demand more support for her  :)
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline tamm

• °C-ute project!
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
I'm not good at those topics but when I look at my small Berryz universe I'd say that Tokunaga Chinami is underrated :D
She hardly gets line in BK songs etc. the only thing she seems to be doing "a lot" is MCing in concerts etc. but her voice isn't that bad at all maybe just does not fit in the group as good as Momoko's, Risako's and Miyabi's. She's also a good dancer and definitely a happy-looking person.
It's healthy to pay attention to her because it will lighten your mood! :D
Therefore I demand more support for her  :)

that's the same reason of my lovely Chisato (°C-ute)  :cry:

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 11:32:46 AM »
yeah, agree that girls in smaller groups like Berryz or C-ute has a few underrated girls. The fact is that MM started out the same way and that's the way to sell i guess.

As a unit, MKB is slightly underrated if you notice how many singles/performance/events they get per year.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »
Kei-chan is one of the best MM members ever, but you know how it is.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »
tama speaks the truth. for once.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 12:32:34 PM »
MAEDA YUKI-SAMA!! :angry:

Seriously, give her an album already.

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline misugi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 12:50:48 PM »
Berryz's Saki & Chinami, C-ute's Erika

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 01:09:26 PM »
Simply put The Entire Elder Club is underrated.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »
^ You took the words right out of my mouth.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 02:19:33 PM »
Ogawa Makoto is underrated. I know she's "away" right now, but even when she wasn't... Virtually NO lines in songs and it took her graduating before she even got another photobook. Plus, she's an awesome dancer and cute.

And yeah.
The whole elder club is underrated (specifically Kei, Yuki, Ayaka and poor Atsuko.)

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 04:52:38 PM »
Iida Kaori was and is terribly underrated. In more ways than one.

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 10:56:06 PM »
Kei Yasuda. You might not like how she sings, looks or whatever, but you can't deny that her 'butt-of-the-joke' personality did a GREAT task in keeping talks fun on Utaban, etc... It is mean, but joking at her expense has prolly made a group to look forward to in talk shows out of MM for many people. However, she's not normaly listed as one of MM's 'pillars'...

Also, *I feel* that members who were once the aces of Momusu are kinda becoming underrated these days, like Nacchi, Gocchin and Rika. People just seem to forget about all the graduated members and follow the mothership that is Morning Musume. It's to be expected, but still a bit sad to see how the people who made Momusu's existance possible are being pushed into a corner and forgotten about. And I always take it personally if I see someone show disrespect to 1st gen, cuz if it wasn't for those 5 girls you wouldn't have Yossi, Risa, Reina, or any of the girls from the following gens (not to mention the other units!)... So yeah lol. Pleaaase don't underappreciate the 'old members' XD XD XD

I'd add Tsunku there too then, couse 1st gen wouldn't be half of what it was/is if it wasn't because of Tsunku or SharanQ's popularity.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 11:32:51 PM »
Well in sexiness, to me it's Ayaka... In H!P concerts she always catches my eye even if I don't really try to pay attention to her or anything. I always see her and think "ah, Ayaka is so sexy" XD Her smile and all. I don't know it that counts as being underrated, ROFL! (I'd love to see her do better in our annual hotness poll, but since musumes are turning 18, I don't see her even making it to top 10 next time)

And IN A WAY Koharu is: even if her Kirarin singles have been selling like hotcakes some people just can't give her any credit. The point is that SHE makes a great Kirari, she is adorably dumbly goofy and sparkly. I think she'd deserve to be more popular than she is.

Agree'd with this statement.  Even the Koha part, whom I don't really like.  But you really can't deny her success, and that has merit, even if she was the Kirari character in those releases, its still her singing and performing.  Nearly all her singles have sold 100% more than it did its first week of release, and not to mention charting in the top 100 for a long ass time.  Outselling some recent MM singles, all by herself.

Aika might be underrated, since most have a love it or hate it opinion with her.  But you can't deny that ever since she joined MM has had kick-ass singles: Egao Yes Nude, Kanashimi Twilight, Onna ni Sachi Are.

This whole thread is hitting its nail on its head, especially with the Elder Club comments.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline bloo_pie

• White & Nerdy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Soonk ラブ
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 12:06:07 AM »
a good number of the graduated H!P members didn't get a whole lotta love. Rika Ishii should've been used for more than just Douyou Pops and one volume of Folk Songs.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:06:46 AM by bloo_pie »

thanks for the icons, Rina. :heart:
((Graphics Thread))

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 12:10:47 AM »
The Eggs are way underrated! What do they do? Dance... umm.... Dance... umm... We have the Ongaku Gatas girls! 2 of them don't get solos, but at least they have something! A lot of them have nice voices!

But really, the Eggs don't get enough love. Sure we have THE Possible, Ongaku Gatas, and Tomoiki if you want to count them, but other than that, they just dance. Look at their concert! A lot of the girls get shafted to dancing or just not singing. So what's the point of them being there if they never get a chance to sing and hear their voices. You could use the Eggs to make so many subunits and revive some old ones! Does H!P need more back-up dancers? They use Berryz and C-ute a lot of the times!

I think that Mari is underrated to. But at least she's getting to sing again!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:11:30 AM by Koolmon93 »

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline anammm

• のぼせてた
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • KamenRenja
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 12:26:50 AM »
Maasa from berryz koubou.
I love her so much, she's my favorite and she has very few photos around, no pbs (like saki and chinami) but she's CUTE. she's growing up so good :wub:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 04:00:58 AM by anammm »
Yossi <3 Rika <3 Timu Ke <3

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 12:57:01 AM »
Kanna from C-ute is underrated. I think that fact that she was the '+1' member no one was expecting makes it hard for others to appreciate her (I think even the C-ute girls had difficulty before they became comfortable with her). She can sing, she's got some moves, and she brought some kind of 'spunk' to C-ute when she arrived.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline anammm

• のぼせてた
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • KamenRenja
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 01:23:25 AM »
Kanna from C-ute is underrated.
I was going to add that to my post. thanks for doing it for me :)
Yossi <3 Rika <3 Timu Ke <3

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Puffy - Nagisa ni matsuwaru Et Cetera