JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - spirit dreams inside

Author Topic: The World of Warcraft Thread  (Read 33103 times)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Re: The World of Warcraft Thread
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2009, 05:32:44 PM »
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/97185/WoWScrnShot_122809_155942.jpg

Most recent cap of my UI. Can't stand it being too cluttered. Just finished raiding for the night. Lost both t10 tokens that was up for bid. I'm always the last one to ever get any loot. Pisses me off.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:44:03 PM by maliciel »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »
Just ran Hellfire Ramparts. First time in an instance with a group in over three years, last one I did was RFD Uldaman. Shit was easy, was the highest level guy (with a DK, two Druids, and a Shaman from 59-62), kept a good DPS without pulling any mobs. One guy died right at the end when he wasnt paying attention, but other than that we rolled right through. Picked up one shitty green that I'll AH, and didn't get the rares from any of the bosses. Thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was. Going to give BF a whirl later.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:34:42 PM by Amplifier »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2010, 01:59:47 AM »

Awwwright, got my goggles. Had to get my mining up to 375 first, to be able to smelt khorium and hardened adamantite, then actually get enough adamantite to be able to make 6 bars worth of the hardened form (60 total). Had to flew in circles around Nagrand for 30 minutes, but I did grab some khorium and nice gems while at it, too.

Also: mobs that are immune to freezing :bleed eyes: Makes it impossible for me to finish a lot of quests on my own (looking at you, Nesingwary). Be able to solo just about every one of these elite-mobs, if it weren't for this shit.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2010, 04:37:03 AM »
Why are you frost instead of Arcane, anyway?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2010, 09:16:49 AM »
Why are you frost instead of Arcane, anyway?

Because I enjoy killing more than 1 mob at a time.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »
Protip: Arcane has frost nova too.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2010, 10:14:31 PM »
Maybe I'll dual-spec in arcane after I get my epic flying mount and shit. 3 circles around Nagrand, had me three stacks of adamantine. Should pull in close to 150g with that (and more from the khorium, gems :jerk:). I already have almost every skill maxed, save for fishing which is a bitch. :bleed eyes:

Going to make the Area 52 teleporter soon. Ran around Blade Edge Mountains, looks boring. Netherstorm though, FFFFUUUUUUU. Just need to hit 67 to get some quests rolling.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2010, 11:00:24 PM »
Just sit in Ogrimmar and fish, you can level to 450 doing that, and hopefully grab an achievement doing it too.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2010, 11:52:53 AM »
Just sit in Ogrimmar and fish, you can level to 450 doing that, and hopefully grab an achievement doing it too.

Or 375, because I don't have WotLK yet. Love the fish I get in Outland though, huge HP/Mana gains.

Ran HR twice yesterday. First time everyone was on the ball, went through in 15 minutes. Grabbed some shoulders while at it. Second time, wiped. No one was over 60 save me, nor did they know how to pull mobs / manage aggro. Tried to run BF too, also wiped for the same reasons. We didn't even make it to the first boss on that one, sadly.

I did grab a shiny necklace though, and added some shiny gems. Crit for 2500 with a frostbolt now, so baller.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
Darkmoon Faire = Useless - though, I finally had a way to get rid of those thorium widgets.

Seems like today all the bored 80s in the Alliance decided to attack cities and towns. An 80 Warrior/Priest combo was on top of the bank in Orgrimmar, and no one bothered to help kill them. 100 fucking 80s there just going derp. At least in TB people did something (was also killed repeatedly in Hellfire).

Flying around like a madman for adamantite and fel iron. Want to make my extra epic goggles, and epic flying machine right when I hit 70. 60% to 68 now, with 10 quests to wrap up in Netherstorm, which should put me there. Got the achievement for exploring all of Outland, too. :jerk: I've only ever seen three khorium veins ever, and I need khorium power cores for some field repair bots and epic mount. :bleed eyes:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »
50K experience from 69. My questing attempts in Netherstorm were thwarted by falling off the edge, getting stuck on an invisible ledge, then being unable to res from the edge above because I was stuck so far down. Fuck yeah, res sickness +  3G repair bill. Done the entirety of level 68 just today, even.

On the bright side, some farmer put up two stacks of khorium ore for non-buyout 7g50. Going to get those if it kills me. Also found out that the engineering supplier in Area 52 sells khorium power cores, so I have 5 now :jerk: Found three khorium veins today too, awwwright. Picked up two nice rings for when I hit 70, and have all the mats for the annihilator holo-gogs (save schematic, which isnt bop).

Guess I'll have to start doing dungeons finally.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »
Already 30% to 70 :jerk:

Got that khorium, thank god. Spent most of last night flying around Nagrand and Hellfire for ore to make repair bots. Need 100 more adamantite/fel iron ore to hit 375, then I can make my precious epic mount. I really need WotLK, would be so much easier just to run to Northrend and level my engineering just a tiny bit with a couple cobalt bolts or something.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2010, 02:03:47 AM »
Buying it off the blizz site is cheaper, and less hassle.

New wing of icecrown is out, I look forward to wipefests trying to down a gearcheck boss, and general failing at skill-based encounters.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »
Hit 70 today, hooray. Festival of new spells + upgrades. I have all the components for my epic eng mount, just not the artisan riding. Rocking 600g now, 400 potentially incoming on the AH now. Farmed ore in Nagrand for an hour this morning. I'll probably be able to afford that when I hit 80~~

Decided to buy WotLK as soon as possible. Got into my buddys guild, too. Sizeable, schedule events regularly. Feels good, man.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2010, 06:23:55 AM »
Got a bunch of loot last night, couldn't be happier.

And I finally parsed 10k, even with our suboptimal raid comp. I'd prefer it if we didn't wipe so many goddamn times in the new wing, though.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »
Enjoy your repair bills. Pick up any epics?

My bank is being a jerk, so I can't upgrade to WotLK yet. Stuck doing dailys in the meantime. Passed 1300g now, so close to artisan.. Sold 7 stacks of ada ore for 60g each. I actually saw someone else with an engineer flying mount today - MY SHOCK

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2010, 08:06:16 PM »

Something I capped while we were doing Festergut in ICC tonight. 0.54 attack speed :lol:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2010, 07:25:53 AM »
played the free trial of WoW... i just cry every time i remember you need to pay quite a lot to play in the official server D: that sucks, the rest is gooood

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »
played the free trial of WoW... i just cry every time i remember you need to pay quite a lot to play in the official server D:

Only $15/month here. Since the game can suck up however much time you're willing to throw at it - that's not bad. Less than the cost of eating out once.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2010, 11:53:38 AM »
AWWWWWWWWRIGHT.

My PVE spec just got nerfed. After only a month, and after they nerfed the spec one day after the patch went live. Also, after I spent literally hundreds of gold to re-gem and gear up. Now I have to re-gem back. Fuck.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - spirit dreams inside