JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Shuwa - Weekdayÿs Phone Call

Author Topic: Kimbo Slice  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Kimbo Slice
« on: November 06, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »

Kevin Ferguson (born February 8, 1974), better known as Kimbo Slice, is a Bahamian-American mixed martial arts fighter. He became famous for several street fights which were spread primarily on the Internet, leading Rolling Stone to call him "The King of the Web Brawlers".Slice left the underground fighting scene and signed a professional contract with EliteXC in 2007. After EliteXC declared bankruptcy in 2008, Slice became a free agent. Slice is part of the tenth installment of The Ultimate Fighter, which goes by The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights.

Kimbo Slice EliteXC Fighter on Jimmy Kimmel Live 9-24-08

Kimbo might not be the best MMA fighter in the game but he deserves a thread for two reasons: he's a street fighting legend and more importantly, he has the most gangsta beard ever. WAR KIMBO! :theking

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Kimbo Slice
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:25:30 PM by Masa »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »
THE ENEMY - THE INNER ME! THE INNER ME!

Kimbo's Enemy

So deep! XD
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:28:14 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »
Kimbo Slice not enjoying cutting weight for first time

Slice says he is mentally beat up cutting weight for Houston Alexander fight

Thanksgiving is coming late this year for Kimbo Slice. Forced to cut weight for the first time in his life, Slice has spent the last 90 agonizing days dropping his sturdy frame to the 215-pound catch-weight of his upcoming fight with Houston Alexander at The Pearl at The Palms on Saturday. On Thursday, it was clear the process had affected Slice in a negative way, although at that point he was only one day away from the finish line at today’s weigh-in. “Physically, I feel good for the most part right now. I’m just hungry as hell,” Slice said. “I just want to eat something. I’m going to gobble gobble after the weigh-in man, believe that.” Competing as a heavyweight on this season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Slice wasn’t required to cut any weight during the show. Although he says he was expecting the process to be difficult when he agreed to the catch-weight, it’s been a lot tougher than he had thought.

“Honestly, the last time I was at this weight was in middle school,” Slice said. “I’m at the weight, but it’s just maintaining it. If I drink a glass of water I’m back at 230. It’s really a mental ting. I didn’t know how serious it was going to be. “Hopefully, it won’t take a negative turn for me.” The toll on Slice mentally and physically of cutting weight for the first time could play out to Alexander’s advantage come Saturday night. Alexander expects to weigh in about 208 pounds, the same weight he walks around at. “From what I hear from wrestlers who have to cut weight, it’s tough even when you’re used to it,” Alexander said. “So it’s got to be tough this being his first time. There’s definitely an advantage there for me because I can get in there and eat a pizza before I get on the scale if I wanted to.”

It’s a bad time for Slice to be feeling off before a fight, as the 35-year-old finds himself teetering on the edge of becoming irrelevant if he’s unable to win a fight soon. Although the popularity he earned during his years as an Internet sensation has yet to fade, Slice has lost his last two nationally televised fights against Seth Petruzelli and Roy Nelson. While his humble nature and willingness to learn has earned him respect in the fighting world, his lack of a ground game has made him suspect as a mixed martial artist — a fact that Alexander is planning on exploiting Saturday night. “We’re going to pressure him and force him to be an MMA fighter,” said Alexander, who had similar problems as a one-dimensional fighter early in his career. “I’ve gotten past the point of a street brawler. Thiago Silva forced me to become an MMA fighter; James Irvin forced me. We’re going to force him.”

Slice has taken the right steps into becoming the more well-rounded fighter, joining the American Top Team following his participation on the show to improve his ground game. Although he says he’s drawn to certain aspects of Jiu-Jitsu and will continue to learn, he made it no secret that his interest remains in letting his hands loose from his feet. “I kind of like the ground game because it’s real tricky,” Slice said. “You can bait people, set things up and feel for movements.” “But this is my bread and butter,” he says, raising his fists. “Hopefully if it goes to the ground, being at ATT now has given me the ABCs so that I’ll know enough to get off the ground. I want to learn one or two things, but I do want to get on my feet and knock somebody out.” Stylistically the two fighters match up well, as Alexander has shown the tendency to stand and bang throughout his entire career.

Because of this, Alexander said he knew that he would take on Slice as an opponent as early as a year ago because the matchup was such a no-brainer. “I had a dream last year that I actually fought him,” Alexander said. “I knew we were on this path to fight. We have similar styles. It’s a good matchup for me, and I’m pretty sure it will be a good matchup for him.” How did the fight end in his dream? “I ended up shaving his beard off at the end,” Alexander said with a laugh. “Let’s just put it that way.” Regardless of where the fight goes or how it ends, a self-described moody, hungry Slice made it clear to the UFC powers-that-be that there would be no cutting to 205 in his future.

“Man, I’d disappear at 205. You wouldn’t be able to see me at all at 205,” Slice said. “I would literally disappear. This cut was hell; 205 would be impossible. I guess if I hired a nutritionist and hired a chef it could be done, but let’s not even talk about that. The wrong people may be listening and trying to make it happen.”
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/dec/04/kimbo-slice-not-enjoying-cutting-weight-first-time/

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:09:47 AM »
Pacman and Kimbo!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »

Commitmentship!  :bow:

Real English words? Bahh, who needs those, Kimbo makes his own!  :lol:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »
Kimbo Slice has been diced out of the UFC.

Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed to the Los Angeles Times that the popular MMA fighter was cut by the organization. The news comes a day after Slice lost in a second-round TKO to former NFL lineman Matt Mitrione at UFC 113.

The move wasn't a surprise after remarks from White following the bout on Saturday night.

"That's probably Kimbo's last fight in the UFC," White said. "I got nothing but respect for him."

Slice, whose real name is Kevin Ferguson, first gained attention when clips of him street fighting hit the Internet. He was signed by EliteXC in 2007 and fought for the organization until it declared bankrupcy in 2008.

He also made an appearance on UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweight" reality show.

Slice won in his debut with the UFC at The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale in a 215 lb. catchweight battle against Houston Alexander. His second UFC fight was Saturday's loss to Mitrione. It was his first -- and only -- heavyweight fight in the UFC.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »
Lol wtf, we had a Kimbo thread. Where's the GSP thread?
[/url]

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »
Michael Jai White is a bad man.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »
Kimbo Slice returns to CBS, rumored for next season of Survivor

From backyard brawler to MMA fighter to boxer to … cast member on Survivor? That’s the rumor circulating about Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson. The popular CBS reality series first aired in Aug. 2000 and has been going strong ever since. Kimbo will reportedly appear on the 22nd season of the series, entitled “Redemption Island.” It would not be the first time Kimbo has been on CBS. The street-fighting legend first appeared on CBS in May 2008 as part of “EliteXC: Primetime“. MMA fans will remember Kimbo busting James Thompson‘s blood-filled cauliflower ear all over live national television and scoring a controversial third round TKO stoppage against the Englishman.

Slice appeared on CBS again in October 2008 at “EliteXC: Heat“. Originally slated to fight Ken Shamrock in the main event, the virtually unknown Seth Petruzelli stepped in after Shamrock cut his head just hours before fight time. The ill-fated move proved disastrous for EliteXC as Petruzelli knocked out their superstar fighter in just 14 seconds. To make matters worse Petruzelli said in an interview after the fight he was asked to keep the fight standing by EliteXC. The company never held another event on CBS and went out of business shortly afterward. Let’s hope Kimbo doesn’t bring down Survivor too.

Kimbo was last seen inside the MMA world at UFC 113 in May of this year when he lost via second round TKO to fellow The Ultimate Fighter season 10 cast member Matt Mitrione. Kimbo was then released from the UFC and has not fought since. There was talk of him teaming up with former EliteXC promoter Gary Shaw to do some boxing, but nothing has materialized as of yet. For those of you who are fans of the Survivor series, how do you think Kimbo will do?
http://prommanow.com/index.php/2010/10/29/kimbo-slice-returns-to-cbs-rumored-for-next-season-of-survivor/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Shuwa - Weekdayÿs Phone Call