JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish

Author Topic: [2010.07.01] AKB48 Official Guest of Honor of Anime Expo 2010 (GIRLS ANNOUNCED!)  (Read 60080 times)

Offline bloggingpig

Might I trouble one of our Japanese skilled members for a summary or translation of this? From what I'm gathering through google and rikaichan it sounds like it might be an interesting read. Thanks in advance.

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/4864226/

Gonna try my best with <2 years of JPN:
AKB48空席だらけのロス公演!初センター大島「まだまだだなあ」

AKB48's Los Angeles Concert Riddled With Empty Seats! Front-Center (girl) Oshima says "We've got a long way to go.."

2010年07月03日15時02分 / 提供:スポーツ報知
スポーツ報知

【ロサンゼルス1日(日本時間2日)】アイドルグループ「AKB48」がアニメ博覧会「アニメ・エキスポ2010」に招待され、海外で5度目のライブを行った。

Los Angeles, July 1st (July 2nd in Japan). Idol group "AKB48" was invited to an anime convention, Anime Expo 2010, going to their 5th live concert abroad.

会場のノキア・シアターは約7000人を収容するが、集まったファンは約3000人。
The Nokia Theater is able to accomidate approximately 7000 people, however only approximately 3000 fans attended.

日本で行う大規模なコンサートでは、チケットが即日完売となる人気だが、海外では厳しい現実があらわになった。

In Japan, large, their live concert tickets are sold out the same day, but overseas, the harsh reality was evident.

悔しさをにじませるメンバーは「いつか(空席を)埋めたい」と気持ちを新たにした。
The AKB members felt vexed again thinking back to the feelings they had, "Someday, we want to fill up all these seats!"

ライブ最後の曲となった「ひこうき雲」。
Their last song was "hikoukikumo".

ステージの一番端に駆け上がった大島優子(21)は懸命にタオルを振った。
Oshima Yuko (21) ran up the to the very front edge of the stage swinging her towel in hand with all her might.

「座っている人ばかりだったので、盛り上げようと思ってアピールしまくりました。
Because there were only people sitting, I thought of livening them up by pumping up my appeal/with as much energy as I could muster (?? shimakurimashita? difficult to translate...).

こういう気持ちにさせられたのは久しぶりだったので、うれしかったですね。
It's been a long time since I had felt this way (to need to do this), so I was happy.
(In Japan, fans need no prompting, so it can be a bit 'dull' not having to do anything to liven up a crowd.)

(自分たちは)まだまだだなあと。かなり刺激になりました」
We thought, "We've still got a long way to go. Really was a great incentive/motivation/stimulus (for us to try harder)."

AKB48としては北京、パリ、ニューヨーク、仏カンヌに続き5度目の海外公演。
For AKB48, this was their 5th overseas peformance following performances in Beijing, Paris, New York, and Cannes.

日本では人気絶頂のアイドルグループも、海外での認知度はまだまだだった。
While they're at the height of popularity in Japan, their recognition abroad still has a ways to go.

会場となったのは、ロスのダウンタウンにあるノキア・シアター。
The performance was at the Nokia Theater in Downtown Los Angeles.

昨年、米歌手マイケル・ジャクソンさん(享年50歳)のドキュメント映画「THIS IS IT」のワールドプレミアも行われた名門ホールだ。
Last year, the world premiere of the documentary movie, This is It, of American singer, Michael Jackson (50) was also held at this prestigeous hall.

昨年のパリ、ニューヨーク公演では会場をほぼ満席にしたが、この日は約7000人収容に対してファンは約3000人。

Last year's Paris and New York performances were almost fully packed (full concerts/full house), but in sharp contrast to the 7000 person capacity (of Nokia Theater), today's concert (in LA) had only 3000 fans (show up).

厳しい現実を目の当たりにして、メンバーらの脳裏によぎったのは、2005年12月の初公演。観客7人からの船出だった。
The stark reality was right in front of their eyes, and memories of days past from their first performance in December 2005, when they embarked on their careers with only 7 fans (in appearance), entered/crossed their (AKB's) minds.

高橋みなみ(19)は「悔しい時を知っているからこそ、(空席を)埋めたいという気持ちはありました」と前を向いた。
Takahashi Minami (19) said "Knowing the vexing feeling from back then well, I had the same feeling of wanting to pack/fill those (empty) seats!", something she had aimed for.

それでも、オープニングセレモニー前にレッドカーペットを歩いた際は、アニメ声優やクリエイターらを制し、この日一番の声援を浴びた。
Still/nevertheless, on this day before the Opening Ceremony, they were showered with the most cheering while walking the red carpet, more so than that given to the other anime voice actors and creators present.

ライブでは、メンバー全員が英語で自己紹介。
During the live concert, everyone introduced themselves using English.

全15曲のうち、「大声ダイヤモンド」など2曲を英語バージョンで披露した。
Among the 15 songs performed, Oogoe Diamond was one of two performed in English.

最近、講師とのマンツーマンで英会話の勉強を始めた前田敦子(18)は「言葉の壁は大きいなと思う。もっと語学を。まず言葉です」。
Nowadays, Maeda (18), who has begun studying English language one-on-one with a a visiting instructor, said "The language barrier is really big/great/large, I think. I'll need to study more. First, words...(I'll have to learn more words/vocabulary, first.)"

6月の総選挙で1位になって以降、センターに立つ大島は「みんな集中力が足りないと思う。日頃から鍛えていかないといけない」と厳しい言葉を口にした。
After being picked as the #1 AKB48 girl in June's AKB48's General Election, the top/center/#1 Oshima said/mentioned in harsh words "Everyone's concentration level hasn't been enough, I think. Everyone needs to train more than usual/harder/more."

ライブ後に行われた関係者との打ち上げ。
After the live concert took place, those involved with the concert got together to wind up the trip with a celebration. (ie. get together for a meal, talk, group celebration amongst themselves, their staff and managers)

秋元才加(21)はこう締めくくった。「今日はシアター(AKB48劇場)での初期の頃を思い出した。これからは『海外でも会いに行けるアイドル』になれるよう、頑張っていきたい」
Akimoto Sayaka (21) concluded by saying, "Today is similar to what I remember the early days of our own AKB48 Theater (in Tokyo) was like. From now on, I want to try our best to become 'idols even abroad'."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:36:19 AM by bloggingpig »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
lol werd u were pretty dorky Data :P but MAD PROPS for hollering at ten and the interview was awesome, love to see HiPstaz live in action. CKD all jizzing his pants haha with LOADS of autographs, dude got me jealous! :P

Hilarious report tenman!! Those security were so badass looking. 8) but DAMN! Loved the interactions with GODDESS SAYAKA WOW! Baller shit!

Did y'all meet Kim Groomes? She's the director something public relations at SPJA Smoking!

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
tenkei had a good talk with her about what press can and can't do at the AKB48 concert, lol.

Also thanks for the translations. I was talking to a friend of a friend, Japanese dude, and he was saying that AKB48 was kind of disappointed by the number of attendees at their concert. I was kind of surprised to see so many empty seats when I was at the back recording video.

Speaking of video I've posted a few that I took and edited. Check the news forum/page if you haven't yet.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
yeah i met kim grooms a couple of times at the con lol. she WAS quite smokin. talked to her at the concert mostly about press shit, she was pretty cool i guess lol

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+

AKBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!
if you can look real closely guys, you'll see my big head next to the girl with a gold "C" as a weapon :thumbsup

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+

I'm in the first one. :lol: And I think ckd is literally right in front of me.

Better quality torrent.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ really? where? I wanna see! :w00t:

btw, anybody see me in 10k's pic? i'm the one beside the girl with the gold weapon..just part of my head XD

EDIT: check out the first clip around 0:18..I'm on TV!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:47:28 AM by cool_kickin_dude »

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish