JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Be There

Author Topic: Black and Blue (Ch 34 6/4 The End!)  (Read 153167 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 3 09/24)
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2009, 05:22:26 AM »
Chapter 4: God only knows it's not what we would choose to do

Ai watched curiously as Risa only ordered a bowl of steamed rice and the other lawless girls glared jealously when it was brought to the table, “Is that all you’re going to get?” she asked, pointing to Risa’s unfilling looking meal and water glass. Now that she thought about it, the cops and she were the only ones that got anything but water.

“I’m on a diet.” Risa responded, sounding a little miffed. Ai shook her head in surprise.

“A diet? What kind of diet could your skinny ass possibly be on?” Ai reached out to the girl beside her and pinched her side gently, causing her to jump.

“It’s called the ‘I’m broke as hell’ diet. The authorities saw fit to freeze my accounts when I agreed to this little project. And from the rest of the orders, I see I’m not the only one.” She nodded to the girls across from her; nobody wanted to sit next to the cops so Ai had volunteered and dragged Risa to sit next to her, leaving the other four lawless girls to sit on the other side to glare unabashedly.

Though at first she didn’t want to sit next to her old flame, Risa soon realized that she could steal food off the kind hearted Ai’s plate from her current position easier than from across the table. Unfortunately, she couldn’t ignore her because every few seconds, the older girl would rub against her or touch her in some way. Risa almost hated how her body reacted to the sorely missed contact, she wasn’t ready to forgive Ai yet, but every brush of those warm fingers chipped away a little bit more of the icy covering she’d built over the place in her heart where the older girl resided.

“Yeah, we haven’t eaten a good meal in days.” Lin grumbled, snapping Risa and Ai out of their little world, “And my computers were taken from my safe house, so I can’t even do anything about it.”

“My tools were confiscated as well so I have nothing either, if I did I’d be glad treat everyone to something.” Sayumi shrugged cutely, almost failing to hide her annoyance.

Eri exchanged a glance with Reina, “Maybe we could do something about that? They’re right, they have to eat somehow.”

“It’s a precaution,” Reina replied unsympathetically, “To make sure they can’t run. But we can still talk to the captain and see if we can’t get a little account set up so we can pay for them.”

“By the way,” Jun spoke up sullenly, “where are we going to sleep? They’ve just been keeping me in various cells or offices at the precincts until today, when they said we’d be in your custody.” She looked around at the others and they all nodded in agreement.

“A hotel has been set up for us, four rooms on a secured floor. At night, the elevators lock on that floor and there’s an alarm on the fire escape and stairwells so no one can leave without someone knowing.” Ai saw the lawless girls roll their eyes at the suspicious Tanaka.

About that time, three meals arrived at the table and exclamations were heard from the girls who couldn’t get any. Reina smirked at them in superiority, while Eri had the good grace to look a little guilty. Ai immediately blocked everything out as she concentrated on her food and Risa couldn’t help but laugh, the older girl would never change.

“Ah, you got the bacon, you cannibal.” Sayu gestured flippantly at Reina in front of her, crossing her arms over her stomach in an effort to cover her belly’s growling.

“Are you calling me a pig!” Reina shouted, standing up and knocking against the table in the cramped space. Sayu rose to counter her, tilting her head haughtily.

“Well, if it talks like at pig and it looks like a pig and even dresses like a pig, guess what it must be?” While she was distracted, Jun took this opportunity to steal food off the wonky eyed girl’s plate, passing some to Aika next to her as well. Eri saw and almost choked in her merriment, letting out an un-ladylike snort.

“You?” Reina answered back swiftly and Sayu’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

“Well, if I was a pig I would definitely be a cuter pig than you! At least you already have the nose for it!” Risa absently munched on some of Ai’s food, offering a few morsel’s to the nearly drooling Lin Lin across from her.

Reina huffed incensed, “My nose? What about your cheeks?” Sayu put her hands to her face and looked genuinely insulted.

“My cheeks are adorably chubby. Your nose looks like you were left in the test tube too long!” Reina balled up her fists and half raised them.

“I’ll show you chubby cheeks!” Everyone was suddenly interested when it looked like a fist fight would break out. Except for Ai, who kept steadily working away at her meal.

“That’s enough Reina.” Eri warned, putting a hand on her hip, but Reina shrugged her off, “It isn’t right for a police officer to be getting into a petty fight in a restaurant.”

“Oh come off it, Eri! You don’t always have to be such a goody-goody!” Reina realized her mistake a second too late, but before she could apologize she felt her breath leave her, courtesy of Eri’s fist buried in her gut. Unable to even make a sound, Reina sunk into her seat holding her stomach.

“Who’s a goody-goody!?” Eri shouted, further drawing the attention of the patrons of the eatery.

Situation suddenly defused, Sayumi slowly took her seat, now looking concerned at the girl across the table from her, who was turning a funny shade of red. Still unable to adequately get her breath back, Reina silently shoved what was left her plate across the table to Sayumi, also handing over her utensils. “Not hungry anymore.” She grumbled in response to the raised eyebrow.

“Are you guys always like this?” Aika asked seemingly highly amused and munching on a piece of toast.

“I just hate being called a goody-goody or being told I do things by the book.” Eri sulked childishly.

“Yeah,” Reina was finally able to speak in more of a whisper, “The first time I saw someone tell her that, she knocked him out cold. What was he? Twice your size?” Amazingly, the two partners grinned at each other like nothing had happened.

Shaking her head at the uniqueness of the two, Risa chuckled, “Well, this suddenly seems a lot more interesting.” Her voice had the effect of snapping Ai out of her food daze and she looked up in confusion.

“What? What happened?” Her innocent curiosity made laughter break out around the table and she turned to Risa with puppy dog eyes.

The waitress came up to the table with manager in tow and handed over their checks, “Please pay and leave.” The manager stated shortly, apparently annoyed at the earlier scene. The girls all looked appropriately dumfounded before bursting into laughter.

The lawless girls that only got water immediately shuffled out of the booth and headed for the door while the others tossed cash on the table and quickly followed. “Well, that was very… Something.” Risa commented, flinching when she felt Ai grip her hand gently. She almost let go but then paused and after a second of thought, allowed the touch.

“Let’s go back to the hotel and get settled in, then we can work on this little plan some more.” Reina suggested with a shrug and headed towards the train station.

~~~~~~~

Ask and ye shall receive! Though it's not that long....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:27:29 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 4 10/01)
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2009, 05:54:04 AM »
Wahaha Reina is actually a softie beneath that tough exterior. Would it be bad if I say the tiff between Sayu and Reina is cute?

While she was distracted, Jun took this opportunity to steal food off the wonky eyed girl’s plate, passing some to Aika next to her as well.
:stuffed:

“What? What happened?” Her innocent curiosity made laughter break out around the table and she turned to Risa with puppy dog eyes.
:mon huh2: So Aichan!

Risa commented, flinching when she felt Ai grip her hand gently. She almost let go but then paused and after a second of thought, allowed the touch.
More TakaGaki! :gmon love2:

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 07:09:55 AM »
lol@ the "I'm broke as hell diet". I'm surprised Sayu didn't try to charm/scam her way to a free meal, that would be her specialty after all. XD Well, she managed to get Reina's food anyway even though she didn't have the chance to enjoy it before they got kicked out. Sayu's concern for Reina after the Eri-punch sort of perked up my 'shipper antennae. :3

I bet they could break out of that hotel if they wanted to. Since doing that has to be at least less difficult than taking out mob bosses. The thing is I bet that they're not going to bother trying, they have a fairly good deal going with the cops anyway. :roll: Though I guess if they tried to plan such a thing when the two law peeps are out of earshot, Ai would probably stop them. ~_~ If I were hiring them, I'd chip them all like dogs until it were over. Under the skin and rigged to explode à la Battle Royale so it would hacker!Linlin tamper proof. ò_ó ...*cough*

Anyway, while I STILL want to know what went on between TakaGaki and the pandas in the past, I loved this chapter. XP Your humour is very nicely worked into the story while the plot plods on. lol, though I'm dying for some action soon - take out the mob kind of action. >:3

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »
well short is something i like doing best eh?

Well interesting chapter as always lol Risa's diet got to be the best lol

Good job keep it up
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »
Eri exchanged a glance with Reina, “Maybe we could do something about that? They’re right, they have to eat somehow.

:lol:

“My cheeks are adorably chubby. Your nose looks like you were left in the test tube too long!”

:rofl:

but before she could apologize she felt her breath leave her, courtesy of Eri’s fist buried in her gut.

:O  :rofl:

Sayumi slowly took her seat, now looking concerned at the girl across the table from her

I see TanaShige  :cow:

Amazingly, the two partners grinned at each other like nothing had happened.

:lol:

4 rooms = 2 girls each
1 room = High possibility TakaGaki   :w00t:  :luvluv1:  :nya:  :gmon twirl:  :mon lovelaff:  :mon fyeah:

Ask and ye shall receive!

Can ask for more?  :D

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2009, 12:21:24 AM »
short matters not~! X3 i loved it XD u showed most of the girls pretty well XD i expesialy loled at eri XD plus i wanna know what happened with takagaki and linko and junko XD plz keep it up~! X3
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
Quote from: len
Eri's always cute and I don't think that Risa was seeing her like more than a silly and cute girl, but it could be interesting if Kame'd show up some interest in Gaki-san later and Risa played along...
Yes! That's it! But, hmm, you have given me an interesting idea... Maybe, perhaps I can work with that.... Yes, yes, I can see it...
glad to help you  XD XD

LOL at Gaki-san diet, she may be eating just steamed rice but hey, at least she's eating something  :lol:

“Ah, you got the bacon, you cannibal.”
Sayu making friends?  XD

It won't be long 'til Risa gives in, ne? Maybe sharing bedroom with Ai-chan will trigger something? Or... now that I think, maybe she's sharing with someone else?  :twisted:

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2009, 04:51:50 AM »
"I'm broke as hell diet."??  Hahahahahaa. One of the best line I've ever read so far. Good job. The way I see things, Every character are strting to develop. Thier connection with each other as well. But it seems Koharu is missing. I wonder what faction she'll be in. Keep it up. :cow:

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2009, 07:13:45 AM »
oohh... Reina's scared with Eri... at least in that scene...  :love:
You got me curious in there.. the real reason why Ai and Risa were like that....I'll just wait for the next update to find out.XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 08:12:19 AM »
@baddie - I hope you found it cute.

@Kuji - Ah, the lawmen wouldn't have let her.
I bet they could break out of that hotel if they wanted to. Since doing that has to be at least less difficult than taking out mob bosses. The thing is I bet that they're not going to bother trying, they have a fairly good deal going with the cops anyway.
;)
Exploding chips? Then how would they get any work done?

@kuro-kun - Thanks!

@KrisZ -
High possibility TakaGaki
Can ask for more?
Of course!

@kawaii-chan -
i expesialy loled at eri
Would it be bad if I said, "Me too?"

@len.chan - Maybe it won't come out quite the way you think, but thanks for the idea.
Sayu making friends?
Lol, in the way only Sayu can!

@Sancho - Koharu? Well, she'll be a while.

@cogi_yoshi - Won't have to wait too much longer, hopefully.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
Chapter 5: "Forward," he cried, from the rear

Aika flopped backwards on her bed, feeling drained from her unproductive day. After lunch, they had come back to the hotel and assigned rooms and pairs. The two cops decided to stay together, which Aika didn’t think was very conductive to doing their jobs, but they hadn’t wanted to share a room with any of the criminals.

Takahashi and Niigaki had roomed together, much to Risa’s chagrin it looked like. At the same time, Aika didn’t think she protested as much as she could have; she decided to watch those two since there was obviously something going on between them. Lin had absolutely not wanted to room with Jun so the last rooms had been decided through a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Lin and Sayu had won the room with a balcony, while Aika and Jun had gotten stuck with the single window whose view was a close up of the brick building across from them. Speaking of her roommate, Aika looked at the door to see Jun leaning against the wall giving her a strange look. Unable to read the expression, Aika instead settled for the direct approach.

“What are you looking at?” she asked neutrally, watching the older girl tilt her head, it seemed as if she were weighing her next words carefully so as to not offend Aika.

“I was just wondering how you became a thief.” The older girl made her way over to the bed and hoisted her suitcase onto it, opening it to rifle through her things. She began to neatly set everything out on the bed, apparently intending to put them in the drawers.

“Well, how did you become good at hitting people?” Aika countered, a little ruffled at the question. She knew she was young, but still, did people think she was incapable?

“It was the only way to survive.” Jun replied easily, not pausing in her actions, “I didn’t mean to offend you, it’s just that…” Aika interrupted her heatedly.

“Just what, that I’m just a girl? That I’m too young?” Finally looking up, Jun gave her a hard stare.

“Just that you don’t look as if you have to resort to criminal activity to make a living. You look like a smart girl, you could have gone to school and gotten a part time job, like a normal teenager. Instead you chose this. It’s not exactly a common career choice for someone.” Aika deflated a little, rolling onto her side to face the wall. Why was she trying to pick a fight?

“I like it.” she said to the wall, “And it was the only job I could get that would support me. I tried the normal life, and so did my sister, but it was just the two of us. The opportunity just kind of fell into our laps. At first, my sis didn’t want me anywhere near it, but she’s just not a natural the way I am. Well, she wasn’t, my sister’s dead now and I had bills to pay so I became a thief full time.”

It was quiet behind her for a long time and then she heard a soft sigh. Aika was about to turn back over when a small yellow object bounced in front of her face. She felt her eyes cross as she focused on the object; a banana. Furrowing her brows, Aika picked up the fruit and sat up, turning to glance curiously at her roommate, who was already eating her own yellow treat.

Jun gave her an encouraging nod and Aika slowly peeled the banana, “Uh, thanks.” The two ate in silence.

After she was finished, Jun discarded her peel and returned to organizing her clothes, now beginning to put them in the large wardrobe that was set up in the middle of the room, Aika guessed that inside the top cabinet was the television.

“My brother was killed while I still lived in China when I was 13.” Jun started surprisingly, “He took the rap for a rookie hacker that he was friends with and ended up getting shot by the police in order to protect her. He was the smart one and I was the screw up, but he took care of me. When he died, I ran to Japan and lived on the streets for a while, doing what I had to to get by. When I was 15 I got noticed by this man and he took me in, using me as a bodyguard for his daughter.” She finally paused in putting away the last bit of her clothes, back facing her roommate, and Aika noticed her shoulders tense.

After a long, silent moment, Jun shook her head and turned back around, “But I like being able to flatten people who think they’re superior with one hit. I like my job, so I know what you mean. I’m not going to look down on you because you’re young and a criminal, and I don’t think the others will either. We’ve all been there to, you know?” Aika had to look away from her intense gaze, but nodded in response.

“Thanks.” She heard Jun make a noise in reply then begin to put away her suitcase. Aika figured she should probably put her clothes up as well, since it looked like they were going to be here a while, but at the moment, she just didn’t feel like it, “Hey do you mind if I shower first?”

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Sayumi pouted, she was very bored; having already put away her clothes and showered, she was now flipping through the channels on TV. She could hear the water running in the bathroom, indicating that her roommate was still enjoying the relaxing hot water. With a cute huff, Sayu flung herself to her feet and headed out onto the balcony.

“Oh!” She was surprised to see that she wasn’t the only one with the balcony idea, Risa returned her wide eyed look from the balcony to Sayu’s left, “Good evening Niigaki-san.”

“Good evening Michishige-san.” Was it Sayu’s imagination, or did she seem a little nervous?

Sayu watched her facial expression turn a little sour when she sat down on one of the reclining lawn chairs that were on the balcony. Seriously, lawn chairs? That was so cheap.

“So what are you up to?” Sayumi asked innocently, watching the curious expressions on the older girl’s face. Finally, she seemed to settle on exasperation.

“Well, I’m leaving for a while.” Risa finally said, lifting her hands up in plain sight. She was holding what appeared to be a very long, very thick, black rope.

Sayumi laughed, “What for? And where did you get that?” She watched in amusement as Risa tied the end securely around one of the decorative openings in the concrete balcony and threw the rest towards her.

“To get some things we need. Wrap that through one of those holes, yeah, like that.” Sayu did as she was instructed and tossed the rest back, “I’m mad that the cops won’t provide us with the info we need, so I’m going to go get it myself. As for where I got it, well, I have my ways.” Sayumi laughed again at the mischievous smirk that formed on those full lips.

The meeting tonight had been nothing but them running in verbal circles all night. Risa had clearly stated what they needed to go on with her plan, but was shot down at every angle.

‘We need files.’

‘No.’

‘The hacker needs a computer.’

‘Too risky at this point.’

‘Well, then one of us needs to go out there on her own and get the information, I suggest the so called actress.’

‘Haha, yeah right.’

‘Well, then why don’t you do it?’

‘Hell no.’

And so on. It continued like this for way longer than it should have, before Risa had stormed off to her room in frustration and everyone else figured that meant that the meeting was adjourned.

“So what are you going to get?” Sayu asked as Risa dropped the rope off the side of the balcony. She stood and leaned over the side to get a better look, the rope slapped gently against the sides of the balconies below them down five stories and disappeared into a tree. It was so dark that it was almost invisible and Sayu applauded the older girl’s ingenuity.

“I’m going to go get those files. And possibly some computers.” Risa followed her gaze downwards and gulped, apparently afraid of heights.

“Computers?” Both girls turned at the sound of the voice behind Sayu and looked surprised at Lin, hair still wet from her shower and dressed in pajamas; neither had heard the door open.

“Yeah, you need computers to hack, right?” Risa confirmed, titling her head cutely.

“Well, yeah, but not just any computer will do. To hack, you need hacking programs, which only my computers have. My computers, that are sitting down at the precincts 23’s lock up.” Sayu perked up when she heard that.

“Precinct 23? That’s where my laptops and credit card readers were taken.” Risa tilted her head to the other side.

“Well, that’s where Tanaka and Kamei are from, that’s probably where all our stuff was taken.” The three looked at each other for a long moment.

“Well, that’s an odd coincidence.” Sayumi finally said, “But hey! Let’s make a night of this, I bet Jun Jun and Mitsui-chan have stuff there as well.”

“Okay.” Risa nodded amicably, “Let’s all go, we could probably use Mitsui-chan’s expertise.” Sayu could see the wheels turning in her head and she grinned and scampered back inside, heading towards Aika and Jun’s room.

“Okay, if we’re going to get my stuff back here, though, we’re going to need a big car.” Lin warned, going to get changed.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

“It looks pretty busy.” Lin stared at the precinct across the street from them in apprehension. The five lawless girls were sitting comfortably in a huge van that they had, ahem, borrowed from a parking garage near the hotel. Risa had made one stop at a sketchy little store on the way and then they had come straight here.

“Well, police stations are open 24/7.” Aika replied, leaning over the other girl to get a better look through the window.

“What’s the plan, boss?” Jun asked Risa, looking at her in the driver’s seat.

“This is the plan.” Risa held up what looked like a huge can with lettering painted on the side. “It’s an odorless, colorless sleeping gas and we’re going to put it into the air conditioning system. It should knock everyone out long enough for us to slip in and slip out without being noticed. It’s fast acting and dissipates quickly, so we won’t even need masks or anything to go in.” She noticed everyone’s awed stares.

“Where do you get this stuff? You’re like some kind of international spy freak.” Sayumi shook her head in amazement, sitting shotgun. Risa just laughed and ruffled her dark colored hair, in the right light it still appeared to have some blonde streaks even though she’d dyed it twice since being persuaded to join this merry little band.

“Ah, I just had to call in a few favors and I have been keeping up with gang news since I’ve been out of the game. After all, you’re never really out.” A couple of the girls nodded in understanding but Sayu just looked confused.

“Gang?” she asked curiously and she noticed the others shift around uncomfortably.

“I can see by everyone’s reactions that I’m not the only one?” Risa confirmed, turning her head to take in the others nods.

“All of you?” Sayu looked shocked. Risa nodded, pushing down the full length arm covering, in dark blue today, that Sayu had just realized she always wore.

Holding up her arm as though she were aiming a gun, Risa heard a slight gasp when her tattoo became visible in the dim light. It was of a rotting dragon corpse with snakes being glimpsed between where his flesh was rotting off. The tattoo was designed in such a way that it looked as if her arm was the dragon and her hand was protruding from his mouth. Everyone in the car gathered around to get a better look.

“I got it when I was 18. My mentor decided it was time for me to make my alliance official.” Risa explained a little wistfully, seeming to become lost in her memories for a second. She slowly put the covering back into place.

“I have one too.” Jun put her booted foot on the center console, lifting the bottom of one of her pant legs. The girl could just glimpse the tail end of a snake crawling up her shin and twisting around behind her knee. “There’s more but I’d need to take off my pants to show you the rest.” She chuckled quietly, apparently imagining this.

“I’m clean, only a few scars.” Lin admitted, “Though the guys I worked for always bugged me to get one, I’m afraid of needles.”

“I don’t have any tats but I was branded when I was younger, on my back.” Aika said quietly and again everyone nodded understandingly, except for Sayumi, who was confused again. “Anyway, enough of that, are we going to do this?”

“That’s depends, are you ready to fly?” Risa responded with a raised eyebrow.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Aika had to bite her tongue to not scream as she was literally thrown onto to roof of the one story building. When Risa said fly, she didn’t think she meant Jun Jun would toss her through the air. She landed hard on her knees, having completely cleared the top of the building, and paused to catch her breath and push her heart back down into her chest.

When she was sure she wasn’t going to puke or something equally embarrassing, Aika poked her head over the side of the roof and gave her companions a thumbs up. She finally stood and continued with her simple mission, spying the large AC unit smack in the middle of the roof.

She reminisced about the last time she was on a roof and remembered that she certainly hadn’t been this confident before. But this was easy and she wasn’t being chased by a helicopter this time. Aika quickly scanned the skies, freezing in place for a second.

Nope, no helicopters. She hadn’t jinxed herself.

Anyway, Aika shook her head and searched the unit for a suitable place to toss the sleeping gas. Finally she found an opening the looked like it led straight down the vents and activated the little canister. She counted to three, then nonchalantly chucked it into the AC unit, just about the time that she heard the AC click on.

Mission accomplished, Aika grinned to herself and made her way back over to the edge of the roof. Looking down at the faces of her companions, Aika suddenly had a thought, how was she going to get down?

()()()()()()()()()()()()

Much, much later, the lawless girls were driving back to the hotel, feeling a little high on their successful criminal activities. All five chattered with each other like they had been friends forever and the van was packed full of computers, guns, and various thieving tools.

After Aika had been secured from the rooftop, basically she had hung down as far as she could and dropped into Jun’s strong arms, the girls had waltzed right in the front door and down to evidence lock up. Well, all but Lin had gone to lock up, which wasn’t even locked! Lin instead went to the security room to erase the footage of them in the building and then she decided to have some fun with intercom system.

“This is God.” She said in a deep voice, startling her companions in the evidence room “What you’re doing is wrong! My computers are over in the corner.” she added quietly.

After that they moved everything quickly outside to the van and loaded it up. When the last of their stuff was taken out of the buildings, the group couldn’t help but start laughing. They were going to get away with this, robbing a police station!

“I can’t believe we did that!” Sayumi repeated for the third time, eliciting more laughter from the others. She had never outright robbed a place before and she found it the most exhilarating of them all.

“Now we just have to hoist all this stuff back up onto the balcony.” Risa said with an ironic tone, laughing harder when she got groans.

They pulled the van in backwards where they had left the rope, quickly camouflaging it to blend in with the trees and beginning the tedious task of bringing their equipment back into the hotel. For a long moment, the five stared up into the darkness at the underside of Risa’s balcony, five stories up.

“You know, I don’t think I thought this part out well.” Risa admitted with a frown.

“I can get up there, no problem.” Aika boasted, raising a haughty eyebrow.

“Well, so can I.” Not to be outdone by the younger, Risa replied in the same tone, “Can you guys?” she turned to the other girls.

Jun nodded hesitantly, but Sayu and Lin gave negative responses. “Well, Jun, you up first. I’ll follow you, while you three secure the stuff and we’ll hoist it up, then we’ll pull you guys up. Aika will be last.” Risa delegated easily.

At first, Jun had a little trouble getting started up the rope, but then she began a steady ascent. Risa was after her, only a little faster as she knew what she was doing but didn’t have the pure muscle that Jun did.

Aika quickly rigged up a big box to be able to carry things up like a basket, starting with her lighter thieving tools and then Risa’s various weapons and even Jun’s few brass knuckles and small knives. Then they started carrying up Sayu’s laptops and Lin’s heavier desktops.

The first few loads were light in comparison to Lin’s loaded down computers. Risa and Jun really had to struggle to bring them up and when they finally got the box up onto the balcony, they worried that the commotion had awakened some of the hotel guests below them.

“We should wait a second.” Risa suggested, sharing a concerned look with Jun and glancing apprehensively over the balcony. They didn’t expect the door to open behind them and Ai to stick her head out.

“Risa!” she called loudly, nearly sending the addressed girl leaping over the side of the building in fright. Luckily, before Ai could continue and possibly wake the authorities across the hall, Jun jumped at her and covered her mouth.

“Oh my god! Ai-chan.” Risa held a hand over her heart, convinced she’d just had her life span lessened by a few years, “You scared me.” She finished lamely, noticing the death glare on the older girl’s face. She motioned Jun to let her go.

“Where have you been?! I’ve been worried sick about you!” Risa felt a sense of déjà vu; hadn’t she said the same thing to the other girl once? How odd to hear her own words being used against her so many years later. She felt something cold grip her heart, the last time she’d said that to Ai was just before the older girl broke her heart.

“You don’t have the right to say that to me Ai.” Risa said evenly, startling the girl into silence. Jun shifted uncomfortably, looking as if she wanted to be anywhere but there at the moment.

“We need to talk.” Ai stated softly, trying to hide the hurt in her eyes.

“Yes.” Risa agreed, “But not right this second, go inside, I’ll be there soon.” Ai sullenly complied.

There was a moment of silence as Risa stared at the door Ai had disappeared through. Finally she turned to Jun and gestured for her to lower the box again.

The two quickly finished hauling up the inanimate loads and then it was time for Sayu and Lin to be lifted. Sayu went up, squealing at first, but managing to quiet herself down after a few seconds. Then Lin strapped herself in and held on for dear life, half afraid that Jun would drop her.

When she finally made it to the top, surprisingly, it was Jun’s hand that pulled her onto the balcony and helped her out of the makeshift harness. Lin felt a flare of hope, Jun’s brother wouldn’t have wanted his two favorite girls to be mad at each other like this. He’d always said Lin was like another sister to him and that she was sure to get along with Jun, whom he adored. Unfortunately, he had died before the girls had properly met.

Once Aika was securely on the balcony, the girls all said their good nights and split up, planning to retire for the night. They could sort through their things in the morning.

Risa sighed, watching Sayu shut the curtain on her window. She turned to her own room, time to face the music, Ai was waiting.

~~~~~~~~

XD
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:29:20 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2009, 05:12:42 PM »
@Kuji - Ah, the lawmen wouldn't have let her.
Exploding chips? Then how would they get any work done?
The lawmen are the ones I was suggesting she'd scam. They're the only ones at the table with money after all, besides Ai. ;D

And in BR, the trackers only exploded if unauthorized parties tried to take them off. They could still go about 'doing their work' which was killing each other. o.o;

Now, the latest chapter sure was exciting. :3 Risa is awesome and she's also AWESOME... did I mention that she's awesome yet? :w00t: The Junjun and Aika bonding moment was quite sweet though the part where Aika's sister is dead reminds me of Rokun's story... and in that one, Risa is the sister. T.T

I found the tattoo/branding imagery quite effective, showing how they're each still burdened by a past.

lol, now how they'll actually deal with having all this stuff around will be interesting. It's not like it's possible to keep the Reina and Eri in the dark about it forever. :roll: What I'm really looking forward to now though, is Risa's talk with Ai and possibly hearing more about their history. :O

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 5 10/06)
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2009, 05:17:28 PM »
close up of the brick building across from them

nice view eh  :lol:

Aika suddenly had a thought, how was she going to get down?

Good question  :lol:

They were going to get away with this, robbing a police station!

Yay! Way to go  :pepper:

Lin’s heavier desktops.

... Okay  

“Where have you been?! I’ve been worried sick about you!” Risa felt a sense of déjà vu; hadn’t she said the same thing to the other girl once? How odd to hear her own words being used against her so many years later. She felt something cold grip her heart, the last time she’d said that to Ai was just before the older girl broke her heart.

:shocked  Now I want a flashback  

Then Lin strapped herself in and held on for dear life, half afraid that Jun would drop her.

XD

Risa sighed, watching Sayu shut the curtain on her window. She turned to her own room, time to face the music, Ai was waiting.

:w00t: will wait  :w00t:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:03 PM »
That was good, they were trying to get their stuff back from the police :lol:

Sayu and Lin are peas in a pod

Good job keep it up
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
Lin instead went to the security room to erase the footage of them in the building and then she decided to have some fun with intercom system.

“This is God.” She said in a deep voice, startling her companions in the evidence room “What you’re doing is wrong! My computers are over in the corner.” she added quietly.

That's it, I love Lin  XD XD XD

woo tatoos.. I thought about that already when you wrote about Risa covering her arm. Yakuza Gaki-san?  :twisted:
and it seems that Jun already stated that Risa is the boss. It will be fun to see how Eri and Reina react when they'll find that the girls got what they needed without their help...

you won't make us wait more for the TakaGaki talk, right? It will be in next chapter, ne? ne????  :frustrated:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
LOL LAW GIRLS UNITE~! XD lol this was kinda cool seeing kinda where most of the girls came from..and i guess tattos are popular things eh? XD and it explains why risa wears sleves~! but i think i cant realy imagine risa with a tatto...  :sweatdrop:
and i wonder what the talk will be about~? hm~*starts to wonder already*
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2009, 03:02:47 PM »
Robbing the police station?! That's like the coolest thing ever! :lol:

Tattoos and branding? A necessary accessories if you're making them THE best in their fields. 'cept for Sayu of course. The girl's confused as hell XD

Lin instead went to the security room to erase the footage of them in the building and then she decided to have some fun with intercom system.

That's it, I love Lin  XD XD XD
Ditto here XD

At least we got more insight on JunLin past. Now time for some TakaGaki talk :twisted:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
OOOOHHH the impending TakaGaki talk has me excited. I wonder what will happen. And Sayu's character seems like it has potential. I can't wait to see what you have in store for her. And I agree about Risa being so cool.

Damn, she's sexy XD

Kinda funny that the TanaKamei pair is oblivious to all of this. But they should be able to find out who took the stuff right? I mean there aren't that many suspects :P

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2009, 08:02:58 PM »
I never thought the one who gave their new jobs have thin mind. How would the people he/she just hired can work effectively without their working tools?? But I also thought that maybe they want to test them if they are effective enough to work as a team and they did it didn't they.  They can't do such crime without each others help (even though Sayumi just scream in some point.  :D). I love When Lin said she's God.  XD XD. Still no sign of Koharu or even Eri on the chapter but I don't mind because I still enjoy reading it. More please.  :cow: :cow:

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2009, 10:00:44 PM »
Wow I'm hooked to this story. It reminds me of another story idea I've had for years. It includes a thief, hacker, and gangster. :lol: but who's who will remain a mystery until I decide to post it, if I ever do.

Anyway, I'm interested in how these criminals will work together to fight crime? XD tanakamei as cops is interesting too. I thought Reina would be one of the criminals. But everyones specialties seem fitting for them although Risa was unexpected but I like it. Badass Gaki-San. Ai is still being Ai it seems, just sits there while Risa does everything XD I noticed that Koha wasn't one of the lawless girls. I wonder what her role is.    

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Be There