JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Ending Page

Author Topic: Black and Blue (Ch 34 6/4 The End!)  (Read 153158 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 5 10/06)
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2009, 01:49:24 AM »
@Kuji - I'm glad you like the symbolism of the tattoos/marks, I hoped my intention would shine through my tattoo bias, lol. I was going over my chapters again, to make sure I have the story straight and realized, there's a lot of dead siblings floating around. Heh heh, oops, not very original backstory on my part, but it works. The next chapter's a little short, but I hop it illuminates some things, though I intend for the Ai/Risa thing to be ongoing.

@KrisZ - No flashbacks yet, maybe in later chapters. I'm still working out the kinks, so to speak. Hope the next chapter will tide you over.

@kuro-kun - Thanks :D

@len.chan - TakaGaki in the next chapter, I promise, but it's not all that much. Just a prelude, I guess.

@kawaii-chan - Actually, I was under the impression that tattoos were still a little taboo in Japanese society. And that's more the point than anything.
but i think i cant realy imagine risa with a tatto...
Yeah, not in real life anyway. :sweatdrop:

@baddie - It's a wonder they weren't caught, isn't it? I mean, it makes the police look bad if that story were to get out. And Sayu's not confused, just not gangster! :lol: Besides, I'm sure she could never think to, 'Mar her beauty.' or something like that.

@hammy-san - Hope I don't disappoint on the TakaGaki, it's kinda short. And are TanaKame really oblivious? Are they?

@Sancho - Are you reading my mind? Stop it! It's freaking me out! :sweatdrop:

@Do me-san - Wow, it's you! Thanks a lot, I appreciate the interest. I would definitely want to read your story, is it already started or on the drawing board?

I'm sure I'll get everything to come together somehow, so here's hoping this monster turns out well.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 5 10/06)
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2009, 01:51:06 AM »
Chapter 6: and the front ranks died.

Risa entered the room silently, not exactly looking forward to the conversation she was about to have with her ex. “Ai-chan?” she called out into the dark room. Almost immediately a light was turned on, making Risa blink while her eyes adjusted to the sudden illumination.

When she could finally see clearly again, her eyes focused on Ai, sitting up in bed and holding a pillow to her chest, apparently waiting for her. Risa took a deep breath, she had been neatly avoiding this confrontation all day, but it was time to sort some things out. “Before you say anything, Ai, let me start.” Risa waited until the older girl nodded until she began telling her the things that had been on her mind for four years.

“I’m mad at you and I don’t want to forgive you. You broke my heart. You, who was all that I had in the world left me high and dry, with nothing. So I had to find something and that’s why I left Japan with Doro-san.” Risa had gradually crept closer throughout her speech and now tentatively sat on the edge of the bed facing Ai, reaching out to wipe away the few tears that the older girl had let fall.

“That being said, now that I’ve grown up I understand why you did it, though at the same time your reasons for pushing me away are confusing. But Ai-chan,” Risa gently cupped her cheek, smiling when Ai leaned into her, “I love you. That has never changed and, though many have tried, no one has been able to replace you in my heart. I’m mad at you still, yeah. These four years and, especially, your absence haven’t helped me to heal the pieces you left me in, but I’ll let you try to make it up to me. Now that we’ve found each other again, I’m not going to let you go so easily this time.”

Ai choked on her words, unable to reply to the heart felt rant that Risa had composed. Instead, she tried to convey her feelings through her eyes and tears and her body, pulling Risa into a tight embrace. The two snuggled together on the bed for a few minutes before Risa pulled back with a concerned look on her face.

“Ai-chan, you’re shaking. Are you really that cold?” Ai shook her head, sitting up straight and pulling her badly trembling hands into her lap.

“I’m not cold, I just need a drink.” Risa tilted her head in confusion, “Let’s go down to the bar.”

“But we can’t leave this floor.” Risa protested, ignoring that she had just climbed down the balcony to get out of the hotel.

“I convinced one of those cops to give me the elevator key. After all, I don’t have a criminal record, so it was easy.” Ai produced said key with a flourish that was only slightly dimmed by her still shaking hands.

The two made themselves presentable and headed downstairs, holding hands as they made their way through the sleeping hotel. In the dark lounge was only the bartender and a single man in the corner at the bar, drinking away his sorrows. Ai and Risa sat at the other end and the bartender came over to take their orders.

“A double shot of Jack on the rocks.” Ai ordered instantly, drawing strange looks from both the bartender and her younger companion, “What’ll you have?” She asked Risa nonchalantly.

“Uh, just a water.” The bartender went away to get their orders. “I didn’t know you drank.” Risa almost turned the statement into a question, obviously expecting some explanation.

Ai waited until her drink was in front of her before she began, “It only took me two days after I broke up with you to realize that I can’t live without you.” She took a huge drink, not even flinching as it burned its way down her throat, “Actually, it was more like five minutes, but I was lost in grief. My parents had just died and even though I loved you, I just felt like I had to deal with it on my own.”

“Before we met, that was how it was for me. I always worked out my own problems on my own. I felt like I couldn’t share my bad parts with anyone else, even you.” Risa took her hand gently, not offended by her ex’s truthfulness. Honestly, she had always noticed that the older girl seemed to hold herself back. “But when you left, I realized that I wanted to share with you, because you were all I really ever had. I never even had my parents and they were there all the time.”

“I looked for you, over the whole city and I started hearing rumors about a one woman teenage arsenal storming a yakuza’s mansion. I knew it was you, only you could go in there intending to kill someone and ending up becoming his mentee.” Ai threw back her drink and gestured to the bartender for another, after the first one, Risa noticed her hands had stopped shaking.

“I used up every favor my dad was owed and every cent of my inheritance looking for you. The last news I heard was that you had touched down in South Africa and then my money ran out. That was only six months after you left, though and I had to get a job to survive.” When her second drink arrived, Ai downed half of it in one gulp. Risa looked on worriedly.

“No one would hire me because I was a mess. I’d barely been getting by after everything had happened and I was so preoccupied with finding you that I couldn’t concentrate. Finally I got it into my head to blow up the house where we’d first met.”

‘And myself with it,’ she didn’t say, but Risa heard it anyway. Ai finished her second drink and ordered a third.

“I got everything strapped up and I was almost ready when all of a sudden, I realized what I was doing. Trying to destroy the house of some of our most precious and painful memories? I thought maybe you’d never forgive me.” Ai sniffled and clutched Risa’s hand tighter, “So I did it anyway.”

“It’s gone?” Risa asked sullenly and Ai nodded. The house where they’d first met, first kissed and first expressed their love for each other was gone? That was also the house where Risa had watched her brother die and Ai had broken her heart, she hadn’t tried to go back to that place since she’d left it.

“I had stolen the dynamite from the construction zone down the road as well as the detonators. The explosion alerted the foreman and I didn’t have enough sense to leave, he found me there. Instead of pressing charges like I thought he would, he offered me a job.” Risa shook her head.

“You took a demolition job?” The younger girl asked in disbelief.

“I know, right?” Ai laughed, a little bitterly, “Me, who wanted to be an architect. Me, who always hated having to clean up my blocks because I didn’t want to knock down my towers. Me, who lost my parents when a building fell on them.”

Risa watched as Ai downed her third drink and got ready to order another, “Ai, I think maybe you’ve had enough.”

“Naw, four is a nightcap for me.” the older girl replied easily.

“Since when did you start taking nightcaps?” Risa asked suspiciously.

“Well, I started working demolitions and made friends with a few of the guys there. I was only 19 at the time so I couldn’t get my own, but when I mentioned I had trouble sleeping since my parents died, my friends went out and bought me various alcohols. They said a capful before bed would help me sleep. I found that whiskey works better for me. Also that a whole bottle will help you forget.” Ai looked down at the counter top, almost unable to bear Risa’s teary eyes. “The more I drank it, though, the more it took to get me either drunk or asleep.”

“When I turned 20, I gave up on finding you and just concentrated on trying to sleep.” Ai admitted, finally turning to look at her companion. Risa couldn’t seem to find the words she needed and could only press her lips against the back of Ai’s knuckles.

Ai turned to the bartender, “I’ll take a fourth drink and a Jack and coke for my friend.” She ordered, intending to teach Risa how to sleep tonight.

~~~~~~

It's short, sorry, but TakaGaki! I'll get the next chapter out sooner as an apology for the length of this one.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:28:58 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 6 10/11)
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2009, 03:30:18 AM »
It's nice to start your reading one of your fave story :D.  Telling me that I can (or it seems) read your mind creep me out as well  :lol: :lol:. Lets just say that I had these kind of mannerism trying to predict what would happen to the story that I read or even watched. 

Anyway, The chapter shows Ai's Ironic Job. Never thought an architect won't mind blowing things she used to build. I dunno if the guy who hired her is the same one that almost killed her on earlier chapter. If he was then I wont hate anymore. Hehehehe. Ai may not realize it but if this guy didn't opened the door for her new career, she won't have the opportunity to be with Risa up close. Hmmm... I wonder whose this Doro is. Keep it up.  :twothumbs

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2009, 04:05:18 AM »
I...LOVE...YOU...SO...MUCH!*hugs you* XD

the best thing to read before i go to bed and deal with crapy school tomorrow X3
poor ai-chan (i_i) so she's pretty much adicted to alchohaol?? >.<
and poor risa too~ (i_i)
PLZ WRITE MORE~!
and i understand about the tatto's thingy. my japanese teacher talked about it a few yrs back when i was in japanese 1 XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »
Wah TakaGaki! :yossi:

“I’m not cold, I just need a drink.” Risa tilted her head in confusion, “Let’s go down to the bar.”
Erm is this what I think it is? :O

Ai turned to the bartender, “I’ll take a fourth drink and a Jack and coke for my friend.” She ordered, intending to teach Risa how to sleep tonight.
Doesn't sound good to me :(

I love the fact that you just made Ai an alcoholic. Shows that even the non-criminal one has issues. At least the TakaGaki are willing to work out their relationship together. This means more raburabu time together :wub:

Offline YumePouk

• Without a word you made me know love & Without a word love leaves me
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I just wanna be with you, that's all...
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »
*comes out of my lurker's mode*
OMG this story is so great.

:shocked  Ai's an alcoholic....

>_< can't wait to know what will happen next....
Keep up your great work
Like I didn't hear it, like I couldn't hear it.... I shouldn't have heard your love in the first place
]

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »
TakaGaki  :heart:  that was an interesting back story, Ai spending all her money trying to find and eventually just giving up because that money was gone. So sweet

Keep up the work
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2009, 08:38:57 PM »
It's fine if the update is short sometimes short is better, because it has an ending that hooks the readers and that's what you want. I enjoyed this update. What's not to like? You get to see how Ai hurt Risa damn Ai! She needs to stop doing that! *grumbles*  :smhid but you also see how much they love each other still and that's so cute!  :love: TakaGaki can make interesting and great chapters on their own! lol They're so cute. *sighs* We have to see more of this! And this time fluff with TakaGaki that would be much better. ^_^

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2009, 09:34:44 PM »
Yay another update. Short and (bitter)sweet and Takagaki. :D Your sig makes me imagine that's how they were in the good ol' days.

Yes, that other story has bits and pieces written but far from having at least one finished chapter. But it's interesting though, I hope I'll get around to it eventually.

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2009, 12:08:14 AM »
mmmm... I don't know, I think I have mixed feelings about this chapter..
I'm glad that TakaGaki made up but, on the other side, I felt that it was too easy. Maybe it's just me, that I'm too used to drama and I was expecting something else  :lol: well, at least their love was strong enough to survive after 4 years of being away from each other. I'm wondering, are gonna be Ai's problems with alcohol an issue between them?

as always, waiting for more  8)

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2009, 10:51:32 AM »
Ai, sitting up in bed and holding a pillow to her chest

Cute and lovely to imagine  :luvluv1:

“I love you

:w00t:  :luvluv1:

Now that we’ve found each other again, I’m not going to let you go so easily this time

That’s the spirit  :banana:  :muffin:

“I’m not cold, I just need a drink.”

She's turned alcoholic?   :huhuh

Finally I got it into my head to blow up the house where we’d first met

whoa

She ordered, intending to teach Risa how to sleep tonight

Like they would, after this convo and all, who could still sleep without having any “I miss you so much” actions  :twisted: nee author-san  :twisted:  :grin:

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
Finally, some TakaGaki'ness :heart:
Of course there is still a lot we don't know so I think I still need to say, "MOAR PLS". :grin: It seems with this conversation though that no matter how cute Kame is or how irresistable Sayu's charms are, Ai's got a pretty good hold on Risa. :thumbsup

Can't wait to see how things progress. Haha... I kind of really want to see Sayu in action.

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2009, 04:57:02 PM »
Finally, the TakaGaki story... So that's what happened in the past... but I hope this 'job' will make them realize they still love each other and.... MORE TAKAGAKI moment in the next chapters!!! :heart: :cow: :heart:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
I'm sad that the house where they shared so many memories is gone. I hope it's not a hint of what's gonna be in stored for them. These 2 will have a happy ending...right? *hopeful*

It seems with this conversation though that no matter how cute Kame is or how irresistable Sayu's charms are, Ai's got a pretty good hold on Risa.

I agree with you about the Eri part but Sayu...hmmmm, who knows, our dear author here might wanna spice things up a little bit :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2009, 09:07:34 PM »
@Sancho - No the guy who hired her is not the same as the one we were introduced to. Thanks for the comment, I hope you try to predict some more of the story and creep me out again!

@Kawaii-chan - *is hugged* Haha, thanks. It means a lot to hear you look forward to my story. Try to take it easy at school.

@baddie - More raburabu, but not less drama. Hopefully.

@YumePouk - Ah! A delurker! Thank you for your kind words. This means you have got to keep posting, though!

@kuro-kun - Glad you like it!

@writejunkie - I almost had this as part of the next chapter, but it just didn't seem to fit in. So, Takagaki got their own chapter! Rest assured, I'm not done with them yet.

@Do me-san - I kind of imagine them like that 'back then' as well, except less photogenic lol. Maybe you should finish April no Aho before we start requesting another story from you! Though you know we'll all be their to read it.

@len.chan - Come on now, do you really think I'd make it that easy? That wouldn't be any fun! Trust me, they are far from truly making up. The alcohol might be a problem, or maybe it might be something else.

@KrisZ - Again, it's never that simple. They're different people now, after so many years of separation, they'll have to get to know each other again.

@Kuji - Takagaki is love. It does seems like Ai has a good hold on Risa. Does Ai know that?

@cogi_yoshi - Well, this job will either bring them together or tear them apart. Depends on how I'm feeling later. After all, one cannot live solely on love.

@hammy-san - Consider the house being gone like turning the page in the Takagaki story. And are you sure it's Sayu you should watch out for?

Lol, these comment replies made me laugh at myself. I wonder if I made anyone worry?

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »
Chapter 7: And the General sat

Reina awoke the next morning to a warm body pressed on either side of her, each poking her sides. Since she knew she went to bed alone, this was a little strange to her and she opened her eyes slowly. Two grinning faces looked down at her and she instinctively pulled the covers up to her face so that only her wide eyes were visible.

“Good morning sleepyhead~~!” Sayumi exclaimed, reaching down to ruffle her messy hair.

“Ah, Tanaka-san is so cute~!” Aika cried from her other side, clasping her hands together in front of her.

Glancing around the room, Reina saw the rest of the lawless girls scattered around the room, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Ai and Risa shared the chair in the corner, the older on the younger’s lap. Jun sat next to an awakened Eri chatting comfortably and Lin was at the foot of the bed, flipping through channels on TV.

Obviously, this little party had been going on for a while and Reina was the last to join. She turned an acidic look on her partner, “Eri, what the hell?”

The turtle girl gave an apologetic glance that was tinged with amusement. “They’ve been here for almost an hour. I didn’t know you were such a heavy sleeper, Reina!”

“An hour?!” Reina dove under the covers, eliciting laughter around the room. She couldn’t believe this, “Did you let them in Eri?” she cried, muffled under the thick blanket.

“No, they were here when I woke up. Apparently, Gaki-san called another meeting.” Eri gestured to the slightly older girl who was quietly conversing with Ai on her lap.

“Ah, yes.” Risa opened a thick file on the table beside her, “I got most of the information we needed. That includes a list of suspected gang members and their addresses, as well as drug connections. Now all we need to do is follow the trails back to the suppliers, which will be Lin’s job, I’ll need Sayu to stay with her and help with whatever she needs and the rest of us will go out and start taking out these men.”

“What? You mean kill them?” Ai asked in surprise, turning to face her. Risa nodded, “I don’t think I’m okay with that.”

“Well how else did you think we were going to get rid of them, Ai? Send them to jail?” She saw in her face that’s exactly what she was thinking, “Honey, why else would they send in criminals to do this?”

“I’ve never killed anyone before.” Aika admitted quietly, Lin and Sayu nodded as well.

Risa and Jun looked at each other, “Then I guess it’s just you and me. Unless you have any objections to it?”

“Well, I don’t mind, I guess.” It’s not like Jun felt guilty for the death she was responsible for, just that she’d only killed one person.

“No.” Ai said firmly, “We’ll find another way.” She cut Risa off before she could protest, “You wanted me in charge, right? You wanted me to have the final say, and I say no killing.”

“What else are we supposed to do? Just sit on our hands until we can find the drug connection? And after we find it, what then?” Risa exclaimed, throwing her arms up into the air.

“No killing.” Ai repeated, “I won’t let you do that.”

“If its because you have some image of wanting to protect my innocence, let me just clear that up for you. I’ve killed before, Ai-chan, and I’m totally capable of doing it again. With no regrets!”

The rest of the room looked a little uncomfortable to be witnessing the lover’s quarrel. “I’m putting my foot down, Risa.”

“Ai-chan, please.” Risa tried not to glare, but she just couldn’t help but be annoyed.

“Absolutely not.” Ai would not budge and the younger girl finally sighed, acquiescing for the moment.

“Well, then.” Eri said rising from her bed, still in pajamas, “Now that that’s settled, sort of, Reina, can you give me a hand?”

Reina quickly hopped up, wanting to be away from the awkward atmosphere, and followed her partner into the bathroom, “What did you need?”

“Can you help me change my bandages?” Eri asked timidly.

“Uh sure, what do I need to do?” When Eri handed her a small piece of gauze and some tape, Reina couldn’t help but remember the last time she had help patch up a bullet wound.

She had been sixteen at the time, her father had come home bleeding profusely and she had rushed out worried, gauze in one hand and needle and thread in the other. He had laughed as she patched him up, telling her about how many men he’d killed that day and how he’d let the one who shot him get away with his life intact. According to her father the younger man had earned it, but Reina didn’t understand his complex code of honor.

After that day, she’d swore she’d never stitch up another man. She’d swore she’d never become her father.

“Reina?” Eri poked her shoulder and the younger girl snapped back to reality, her partner was leaning back against the counter, shirt lifted to reveal the square bandage that was taped to her lower left side. Reina didn’t see it, but she knew there was an identical one on Eri’s back.

“Sorry.” She murmured and set about her task. She none too gently ripped the gauze off her partner’s skin, eliciting a yelp, “Don’t be such a baby.” she scolded when Eri whined at her, back to her old self after her trip through memory lane.

“Don’t be so mean.” Eri shot back. In response, Reina reached around behind her and ripped the bandage off her back, her partner yelped again.

About five minutes later Eri stomped out of the bathroom, holding her belly protectively, Reina called out after her laughingly, “Don’t be like that Eri! I apologized, you know it would just hurt worse if I didn’t do it quickly.” When the older girl refused to speak to her, Reina laughed again, “Can you at least bring me some clothes? I’m going to take a shower.” The lawless girls watched the show in amusement. Reina shook her head and went back into the bathroom.

She turned the shower on and stripped down, kicking her clothes into a neat pile. Finally, she felt like she could take a breath. Reina climbed into the warm stream and relaxed, shaking out her aching muscles and her tense shoulders. She reminded herself yet again, not to get too attached to her charges, after all, they were criminals, like her father, and she was a cop, who arrested criminals, like her father.

She was almost done with her routine when she heard the door open and saw a shadow come over to the toilet and set down what she assumed was her clothes for the day, “Thanks Eri.” she called, relieved that the crazy girl wasn’t still mad at her.

“Your welcome, Tanakacchi.” the familiar voice responded, and Reina jumped. That wasn’t her partner.

“What are you doing in here?” she cried, irrationally feeling like covering herself, even though she knew that the older girl couldn’t see through the shower curtains.

“I wanted to talk to you.” Risa said, sitting down on the closed toilet lid, “It’s been a long time since we last saw one another. Back then you were only knee high to  a grasshopper, but I guess that hasn’t changed much.”

Reina concentrated on washing the conditioner out of her hair, trying to ignore the other’s words, “You’re not old enough to call me knee high to anything.” she failed, unable to not respond to something like that.

“Still, you were just planning your first tattoo. Did you ever get it?” Risa asked curiously and Reina could tell by her voice that she was giving the shower a questioning look.

“…” The younger girl reached behind her to touch her inked back. Her father had been so excited when it came time for her to get her first tattoo. He had wanted her to get the female variation of the God of Death figure that marked his own back.

Reina was startled when the shower curtain was ripped open by Risa, but before she could cover herself, the older girl had grabbed her shoulders and turned her around. Reina felt her protests die on her lips as Risa tersely examined her tattoo. At first glance, the tat looked like a horribly warped figure, so badly disfigured that it was impossible to tell if it was a man or woman. Upon closer examination, though, the warped places turned out to be cleverly disguised kanji.

“Hope, justice, and law?” Risa read and the younger girl was impressed that she caught the nuances so quickly. Then she remembered to be mad. “What would your father say if he saw you now?”

“I don’t care what he has to say.” Reina turned and swiftly closed the curtain on Risa.

“That can’t be true, I know you love your father.” The older girl scolded gently, but Reina only got more upset.

“You don’t know anything about me!” she cried, clutching her arms to her chest, “We weren’t even friends back then!”

“Well I know your father loves you.” Risa responded without missing a beat, “Whenever I was in town he would always tell me about you. About how proud he was that you were taking over his mantle. Tell me, are you really okay with us having to kill him?”

“Takahashi-san won’t let you kill.” Reina reminded desperately, ignoring the question.

“Not yet, she won’t, but sooner or later, she’ll have to understand that it’s kill or be killed. Hopefully before someone gets hurt and that’s when we’ll have to go through with it. Takashi-dono I think is a prick, even Kusumi-dono I don’t feel too bad about killing, but I honestly like your father. Tanaka-dono was always good to me, whenever we met he always had a present, he said I was what he hoped you would be like when you finally came to power.” Sinking to her knees, Reina covered her ears. She didn’t want to hear about this!

“I’m not my father, I hate him! I’m not a criminal and I won’t be one ever! I went to the academy to put men like daddy away! And I haven’t spoken to him since I explained my reasons so why would I feel bad about doing away someone who deserves it?!” The curtain was opened again and Risa sat on the edge of the tub, gently stroking Reina’s hair and helping her finish washing it.

“Now, you don’t really mean that, do you?” Reina stubbornly nodded, “We don’t have to kill him, you know? If you can convince him to give up.”

“He’ll never go back to jail, he always said it would be better to die and rot than to live and rot.” Reina allowed the older girl to wrap a towel around her and pull her up.

“Maybe you should go talk to him then. Before we meet in combat.” Risa suggested gently, tilting her head down to look into Reina’s eyes.

“I’ll….Think about it.” The younger girl finally conceded and a sad smile spread across Risa’s face.

“For however much you hate what your father stands for, you’ve always been his princess.” Risa’s parting shot was almost too much for the now emotionally drained Reina.

The towel clad girl sat heavily on the vacated toilet top, when the captain gave her this assignment, she just knew it was going to end badly. It had seemed like she had known Risa from forever ago, to see her unmistakable face in those folders had been almost like a shock to the system.

When the big three had sent out feelers into the surrounding cities, Yokohama had been one of the first to fall under their command. Takashi-dono had sent his second in command, a man nicknamed Doro-san, to strike up deals with the local gangs. Risa’s brother had been one of the go-to guys for arms deals between the two groups and when the three bosses wanted to meet him, Risa had, of course, tagged along.

And Tanaka-dono had brought his precious daughter along to watch and learn as well. Both sides had been a little surprised at the addition of the two youngest little gangsters, but over all, Tanaka-dono had been pleased. Takashi-dono had not been.

The two girls had been sent to the corner to watch silently while the adults talked things out and Reina remembered feeling awkward around the slightly older girl. She had been seven at the time, and Risa nine, but it seemed like there was decades between their ages. Reina recalled the attentiveness that the older girl had shown to the meeting while Reina had only felt bored.

Her young mind had unconsciously realized that Risa was very much intent on following in her brother’s footsteps, while Reina wanted to get as far away from the violence as possible. Reina was obviously bored and Risa obviously fascinated.

So she had tried to distance herself from the older girl, but as soon as she shifted away, Risa took notice of her. “Hi, what’s your name? I’m Risa, I’m nine, how old are you?”

Reina hadn’t wanted to answer her but her father had instilled in her that she had to be polite to people she didn’t know. Yet another lesson she had unconsciously strayed away from. She replied to the older girl quietly.

The older girl had laughed, “I like your dress, your daddy must love you very much to buy you something so pretty.”

“He does.” Reina repeated her answer from the past out loud, snapping back to the present, “He does love Reina very much.”

()()()()()()()()()()()

Risa leaned back against the bathroom door with a sad smile still on her face. She really hoped Reina would do the right thing and go out to see her father. She caught Ai’s curious look across the room and shook her head silently, nobody needed to know that Reina and she had met before.

“Anyway! Continuing with the meeting, if we can’t kill anyone, we should at least go reek some havoc. I know a few dealers we can shake down.” she said in a sing song, “Who’s up for it?”

Jun immediately raised her hand, every inch the eager student, but Ai looked less then thrilled and Aika just looked bored. To her surprise, though, Eri raised her hand as well, “Well,” the younger girl explained to her questioning look, “At least if I go, I can keep you out of trouble. And maybe hit someone.” she shrugged nonchalantly and Risa laughed.

“I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, kid.”

~~~~~~

This one is another short chapter, it's more set up than anything. I'm running out of pre-written chapters fast because I keep making some of them so long, so it will be another week before I get the next one out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:30:20 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
well image of the tattoo came into mind and I could probably see that.  Reina and Risa little girls talking

don't worry about it, i am already on a pre-written one
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2009, 10:25:32 PM »
something inside told me that you were going to update today   :glasses:
I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. It was far too easy for TakaGaki to made up like that.That's why you're one of my favorite writers.

So, besides the alcohol issue, probably the big problem here will be Risa's coldness when it comes to taking a life. But what was Ai expecting? For what you wrote about Reina and Gaki-san's past, Risa was involved in that world since she was a kid (and wanted to be there). I don't know if when they met for the first time (something I really wish you'll explain later) Risa was still innocent or Aichan put her on a pedestal and didn't want to see it... or maybe it was Doro-san taking her under his wing what changed her.... aaaarg!  :frustrated: I need to know!  Well, the thing is that Risa sees the situation from a practical point of view (a yakuza point of view  XD). Ok, the bad guys are arrested, go to jail and then what, get out and begin all over again? That's an intolerable lost of time. Besides, as she said, why else would the police hire a bunch of criminals to do their job?

that's all for TakaGaki. Now, on another note..
You totally got me with Reina's past story. I wasn't expecting her father to be a criminal, not least one of the heads they have to take down... Nice turn there.
Aaand, after all that long and boring comment, a silly remark.. Eri is cute even when she wants to beat someone  XD XD

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2009, 12:18:00 AM »
wooot~ XD new chappy~! X3
well idk wha to say next tp that i's epic! X3 i feel bad for poor reina(i_i)
and risa and reina met when they were younger?! (chibi-ness ftw~! XD) and u can clearly see the contrast between them XD
i wanna know what happened with takagaki~ but everything is so~ good that i can wait X3
keep it up~ X3*hugs*
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2009, 05:47:46 AM »
Reina and Risa knowing each other is really unexpected :O This update explains a little on Reina's character though I do wonder what happened in the past that Reina turned her back on her father and hates the lawless so much. It's apparent that she still do care for her father...

TakaGaki's quarrel is so cute! And I'm getting the vibe that Risa has earned Jun2's utmost respect and following now XD

Edit: New Page GETS~

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Ending Page