JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Juice=Juice - KARADA DA KEGA OTONA NI NATTA N JA NAI

Author Topic: Black and Blue (Ch 34 6/4 The End!)  (Read 153159 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 7 10/23)
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2009, 10:14:02 PM »
@kuro-kun - Thanks. :D

@Do me-san - I hope I'm portraying the girls as human and not completely bi polar :sweatdrop: But, yeah, I'm a little slow on some things. What was the original title going to be?

@kawaii-chan - *bounces ball on top of head*

@FaqU - Glad you liked the action, I'm a little worried about how to write some of it. Eri is a very complicated character and I'm hoping to throw a major curveball in the plot for you guys somewhere. Risa is someone who I've always though of as more leader like than Ai, or maybe just more assertive IRL. Of course, in momusu she encourages Ai to take charge, whereas here, she's the most knowledgeable. And that's all I'll say for now.

@baddie - Well throw your hands in the air and wave them around like a wanna be frat boy trying to get down. It's the credit roller coaster! j/k j/k! I dun know where that came from... Anyway, I'm glad Reinya amused you so much, I just had to put it in there. Thank you for seeing the GakiKame for what it really is, lol. And Ai will come around soon enough.

@Joshy - I lab juu! :heart: :heart:

@hammy-san - Tanashige is a pretty good possibility. I'll flip a few coins, roll a few dice, and see what happens. And of course, some of them are too young to think about marriage.
You are really fanning my Risa addiction you know?
*fans some more*
Is Kame gonna lose the use of her legs and not be able to dance anymore?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know why I found that so funny.
*GakiKame sap*
  :on_puddle:
 :lol: :lol: j/k j/k. But that's probably not going to happen either.

@amEthystx -
:on blackhole:
[insert flushing toilet sounds]

Haha, curving bullets. Maybe I'll think of something impossibly cool. If that poor dealer had half a brain cell left, he might have noticed something fishy. Unfortunately for him, he was so stoned he probably thought they were trolls. We'll just say the weed is laced....

Sniper Gaki? Maybe. Archer Gaki? Well, they say write what you know and I know guns only, so probably not so much.
*Buys
- Liquid cooling CPU (For Lin)
- Flat Screen HD TV  (For Gaki-san)
- Leather Gloves (For Jun)
- Umei (For turtle)

Hmm, there may be some item cameos in future chapters... But what is Umei?

@Sancho - Oh no no no. I can't teach anyone anything. My only advice for action scenes is write what you see. Lin/Lain? Yeah, that's actually what I was thinking too. :lol: I'll tell you a secret about Jun, she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a tank. XD Eri might surprise you. Later, much later.

@Kuji - I just saw that ep last night and I laughed. I imagined her with longer hair, though.
Isn't it sort of funny how Eri the cop has no objections to the supreme beat down Risa gave the bad guy but Ai does?
  :whistle:
That's probably why Risa told Ai to enter last.
Actually, yes.
mostly I just see Risa and Kame becoming really good friends and Ai being paranoid - she does seem a bit high strung in this fic and the violence isn't helping her keep a cool head either. ^^;
<.< >.> <.< We shall see...

@kRisZ -
Okay, that’s hmmm but yay powerful woman
Hmmm? Why, hmmm?
Eww... good for him.?.
Shock value right there!
Badass Risa is awesome
The necklace might actually make an appearance now, since I was just joking before.
Lovely. Ai waking up with this...
If she wakes up...

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2009, 10:41:15 AM »
If she wakes up...

:shocked

*waits for the next chapter* <insert finger ticking emoticon here>  :grin:

Offline amEthystx

• The Bishop NI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2009, 03:02:52 AM »
If she wakes up...

:scared: i just couldn't help but notice this!

Oh~ anyway~ i made a mistake on the Umei thing.. should be Umeboshi~ its dry plum~ haha~ i just have to drop Eri something too~ XD

Actually~I really wanted to try dropping a Munchkin Cat for Reina too~ LOL~ cause recently i saw this! =X

Munchkin Cat

Cheers!

:mon bat: *poof*

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:04:53 AM by amEthystx »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2009, 06:21:05 AM »
 :imdead: OMG that is so freaking cute.

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
:luvluv1: OMG that kitty is like the cutest of the cutest *melting into a pile of mush :nya:* Reina's got some serious competition there :wriggly:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »
Chapter 8: Black and Blue

Risa awoke to knocking on her door a little while later, looking at the clock determined she had only been asleep for an hour. Groggily, she rubbed her face, calling out to whoever was at the door to hold on. As her knuckles passed over her jaw, she noticed an odd fruity flavor at the corner of her mouth.

Rising to her feet, Risa paused at the mirror to check herself over, leaning in close to glimpse a perfect print of a pair of lips in lip gloss just touching the corner of her mouth, as if someone had deliberately kissed the spot as she slept. She belatedly realized that Eri had not been there when she woke and Ai was obviously unconscious, so it had to have been the same aged girl.

Risa examined the mark for a second longer, before rubbing away the traces and answering the door. Outside stood an excited Lin, holding a few printouts in her hands, “I found it!”

Smiling, Risa patted the girl on the head, “Good work, let’s tell the others, are they back yet?”

“Yes, I figured you might want to plan something, so I had them gather at my room.” Lin gestured

Nodding, Risa followed her back to said room and found the others waiting in various stages of boredom. “Okay Lin.” Risa started as she took her seat at the computer, “Show us what you have.”

“Okay, it was pretty easy to find information on the distributors, they’re all small time thugs with records in possession and intent to sell. I’ve got everything on them from their birthdays to their mother’s birthdays to their children’s birthdays as well as multiple possible alternative residences. What’s surprising is that they all have one building in common.”

Here, Lin brought up a map of the city and closest outlying regions on one of her screens, “These dots,” she indicated the dots in each corner of the map, “Are the addresses you gave me. They’re listed as their homes on each of their files and are residential houses, but the addresses are actually where they do their dealing from. Where these four really live, is right here.” A few quick taps on the keyboard and a large, flashing dot appeared dead center of the city.

“It’s a huge apartment building, owned by none other than Takashi-san.” Another tap and the group was greeted to a zoomed in satellite shot of the building, “I did some digging and found out that every resident in the building has some sort of mob connections, suspected and confirmed. This looks like some kind of safe house.”

“How many apartments and residents total?” Jun asked quietly, making a thoughtful face.

“Seventy-two apartments and one hundred and eight residents.” Someone let out a whistle.

“I’m good, but I’m not that good.” Risa shook her head, “I guess we’ll have to wait for Ai to get better for that one. Anyway, continue.”

“The suppliers are two brothers. One owns a large farm up north, the other own a warehouse by the wharf. There’s lots of activity all day and night, so it’s a good bet that’s where they make/grow/sell the drugs.” Lin brought up aerial views of both places using what looked like a live camera feed. “The police are watching those places, but for some reason or another, haven’t brought down the long arm of the law.”

“Wait, did you hack into the official feed?” Reina asked incredulously, earning wary looks from the other girls in the room except for Eri.

“Uh, yeah. It was too easy.” Lin answered as if talking to a small child. It seemed that the even tempered girl had enough of Reina’s suspicious nature.

“Oh.” Self preservation kicked in just in time for the cop to realize that maybe, just this once, she shouldn’t say anything.

“Hmm, two different places, still with lots of men. The shops have to close down sometime, though, right?” Risa asked Lin curiously.

“I can keep checking. Until then, there’s almost no way to get in or out with our lives intact.” All eyes were on Risa as her own orbs glazed over in thought. The whole room could see the wheels turning and were anticipating her next orders.

It seemed, that even though they had voted Ai to be leader(and she did a good job of controlling the younger bean), Risa was the true mastermind, so much so, that even the wary Tanaka knew to listen to her. “Alright.” Everyone leaned forward in anticipation, “Find out more about the brothers, if they’re religious or take any family holidays. Find out if there is a scheduled day that the drug factories take a break. Anything where they operate on a skeleton crew or close down completely. Review the police surveillance videos back to the beginning if you have to.”

“That could take weeks!” Lin exclaimed in surprise.

“Then you better get started.” Risa said unsympathetically, raising an eyebrow. Lin rolled her eyes and turned back to her computers.

“As for the rest of us, we need to check out that apartment building.” Here, Risa eyed Sayumi thoughtfully, “Hmm, we could use your expertise probably.”

“What do you have in mind?” the mischievous bunny asked eagerly.

“I think that maybe, you and your gangster boyfriend are in need of a place to live.” Turning to Jun, Risa gave her a pointed look.

“Eh?” Jun suddenly found herself at the center of attention. “ME?!”

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

They had decided to head to one of Sayu’s safehouses on the outskirts of town. Lin and Eri stayed behind for Lin to work and someone to keep an eye on both her and Ai. Surprisingly, Aika had wanted to come along, citing that she had nothing better to do. Risa thought she just wanted to talk to the interesting Reina some more, since the two seemed to have hit it off over the ice cream earlier.

“Where did you get this van?” Reina questioned suspiciously, looking around the spacious interior. The girls all immediately choked off their laughter.

“Uh, it’s a friend of mine’s.” Risa replied from the driver’s seat. Since she was one of the only ones with a valid driver’s license, she had rock, paper, scissors Reina for the job of getting them there safely.

Unconvinced, Reina just nodded, “Uh huh, right.” The rest of the trip was made smoothly, Risa was a pretty cautious driver and followed all the rules of the road. Reina wouldn’t admit that she was slightly impressed by the older woman’s skills.

Risa pulled down a gravel driveway and the van stopped in front of a cozy cottage nestled snuggly between two huge hills. It gave the place a sense of isolation and safety that made the girls feel simultaneously at ease and on edge. Eagerly, Sayu jumped out of the vehicle and ran to the front door, throwing her arms outward as if to give the house a hug.

Laughing at her antics, the others followed her into the house. The decorations were very modern and chic, not exactly what they expected of the unique Sayumi and the surroundings. The living room and dinning room were open spaced with only a small half wall separating the dinning room from the kitchen. Everything was colored in a silver, white and gray theme and the lawless girls looked around in slight awe.

“This is a pretty nice place, Sayumin.” Risa commented as she looked around curiously. Through the thick sliding glass doors in the back she could see a magnificent view of the lake and a slightly worn dock.

“Thanks, it was my father’s get away. When I was little, he used to take my mother, my sister and I here for vacation.” The girl gave a nostalgic smile.

“What happened to him?” Aika asked curiously.

“Well, when my family lost their fortune, my father couldn’t deal with the ridicule.” Sayu shrugged nonchalantly, but the others knew it was a hard subject to talk about. “He sold my sister off and killed my mother and himself in a blaze of glory. You guys might have heard about it, it was all over the news about six years ago.”

“I do remember that.” Risa said. The explosion could be felt all the way in Yokohama and the news channels broadcast the story for weeks.

“Yeah, that kind of sucked. I came here to hide out for a while and it sorta became my main hide away.” Sayu shrugged as though she wasn’t affected by the memory. “Anyway, my closet is back here.”

They followed her into the back of the house and into a small bed room. It was decorated very simply, a princess bed in dark colors with matching walls and other furniture. The main focus of the room seemed to be a non descript closet and a single full length mirror. With a flourish, Sayumi opened the unassuming closet door to reveal the rest of the cottage had been converted into closet space.

To say that the walk in clothing storage was big would have been an understatement. To say that it took up half of the house, would not. The room, for it could not truly be called a closet, was filled to the brim with clothes of all shapes and sizes and accessories and shoes. It was very neatly organized, almost to an OCD state with casual clothes and party clothes taking up the most space in the front. Behind the normal clothes were costumes of all shapes and sizes.

It was a veritable Halloween store for anyone who wanted to blend in or stand out. There were uniform from various water, electric and construction companies. Law enforcement and emergency service clothes. Pretty much, if you needed it, you could find it here.

“Wow.” Was all Aika could say, while the other girls were speechless. Sayumi just smiled smugly.

“Now, let’s get to work on you.” She circled Jun like a hawk around her prey, eyeing her up and down critically.

Getting excited at the prospect of playing dress up, even Aika and Reina began to search through the clothes. Jun was quickly and mercilessly stripped to her skivvies, standing self consciously trying to cover herself. Risa felt bad for her and draped her thin jacket around the bigger girl’s shoulders.

“Why do you have this?” Reina asked as she held out a body suit made of latex.

“If I have to tell you, you probably don’t want to know.” Sayu chuckled as she thrust a pair of ragged jeans at her victim, who gladly put them on. The girls haphazardly threw out various t-shirts and jackets, narrowly missing the two watching from the sidelines.

“Well, I don’t think this is what I had in mind when I suggested you pose as a boy.” Risa stood back as Sayumi forced Jun into a fashion show for them. There was only three pair of jeans that would fit the Chinese girl’s long frame, but there was a multitude of shirts, jackets and hats.

Beginning to enjoy the attention, Jun paraded up and down the small bedroom in various outfits, sometimes walking normally, sometimes exaggerating her stride and sometimes pulling off some fancy footwork to get a laugh. Sitting on the bed and observing the scene with a soft smile, Risa felt like she was watching over her younger siblings. She wondered if her brother felt this warmth for her when he had been alive.

‘What would you think of me now?’ the gunner thought, picturing his smiling visage in her head, ‘Is this the path you thought I would take or were you just as naïve as I was?’

“What do you think of this one Niigaki-san?” Jun’s voice snapped her back to the present and she looked up to see the girl in a ragged pair of jeans with a hole in the knee sporting a plane white undershirt and a thin leather jacket. Her hair had been tied up in a messy bun and stuck underneath a blue cap.

Risa examined her critically as Jun stood with her hands shoved into her jacket pockets and slouching in an unaffected manner. While she looked really cool, her round face and full lips made her seem undeniably feminine, “I like the outfit, but you definitely don’t look like a boy.”

“That’s what this is for.” Sayu chimed in, carefully placing fake sideburns on the Chinese girl’s face. She scrutinized her work and then added a small goatee on her chin.

“Okay, now she looks like a boy.” It was amazing what a little facial hair could do to a face. Jun still looked a feminine, but not so much that someone was going to be suspicious. “Just let Sayu do most of the talking and I think you all will be fine.”

“We’ll add some finishing touches later, but I guess this is what you’ll look like for the plan.” Sayu tilted her head, suddenly realizing something, “Um, just what is the plan?”

Risa felt all eyes turn to her and shrugged, “Well, we have a few options. Option A is that you guys get us a foot hold into the building and we plant cameras either one in every hallway, or one in every room and watch them until we find the right moment to strike. We can disable them or do something that would keep them out of the way until we can take care of Takashi-dono.”

“That sounds boring.” Aika chimed in, “And lengthy, we would be watching them for weeks!”

“Well, there’s Option B where we set up a base in the apartment and then when everyone’s asleep we systematically search every room and disable the people we come across. With seventy-two rooms, let’s say about ten minutes each that would take us about twelve hours to finish.”

“That doesn’t sound so bad, but what do you mean by disable?” Reina asked, leaning against the bed.

“We break all the bones in their bodies or just their legs or arms. Or we could cut the time in half by me just killing everyone with a silenced weapon.” Risa raised her eyebrows and gave the others a pointed look, “There are obvious protests to that part, but it’s the easiest and most efficient route. Unfortunately it also has the problem of going in blind. I would have no idea who’s in each apartment or even if they’re asleep.”

“You? Just you?” Jun asked, finally catching that part.

“Of course just me. I can’t, in good conscience, ask anyone to kill, most especially you. You’ve already taken a life, I can’t let anymore stains be on your soul.” The group was a little surprised by her sincerity, Reina more so than the rest.

“I have no problem with it.” Jun stated easily.

“Liar.” Risa accused gently, “I refuse to believe that.”

“Well, what about doing what we did at the precinct?” Aika piped up again, “You can do it again, can’t you?”

“Well, that was Option C and that’s the most dangerous for you.” Risa took a breath, “To be able to do that again, I would need the blue prints for the building, to make sure of the ventilation. I would also need to access multiple containers of gas that would cause some kind of incapacitation or coma or something like that.”

“Also, to even get the blueprints you would have to search the building’s office and there’s no guarantee that it will even be in there. Not only that, but we have no way of knowing if there are other people inside or what kind of security he has.” Here Risa gave an embarrassed look, “And besides all that, I don’t like to give repeat performances.”

“Is there a gas that can do that?” Sayu asked naively.

“Of course and I know just the one to use. Totally non lethal and it lasts for several hours, if we decided to go with that plan, though, we would need to be ready to take out the big boss right then. So let’s take a vote.” Risa mediated, looking at Reina.

“I vote plan C.” Sayu nodded, echoing her.

“Option C.” Jun agreed.

“Well, it’s ultimately up to you, since you face the most danger.” All eyes turned to Aika now as she contemplated her choices.

It really was easy for her though, “Option C, of course.”

“Okay, here’s what we’re going to do.”

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

“But Jun~!” The landlord looked up from the front desk as two figures entered the apartment’s door, “Are you listening to me?”

The tall guy wearing a leather jacket looked positively exasperated as a very pretty girl clung to his left arm. They looked like a normal couple, the landlord noticed her barely concealed black-eye and mini skirt and that he was obviously packing a small pistol on his hip, so he felt himself relax. They looked like everyone else that lived in the building. “What can I do for you guys?”

Jun went to open ‘his’ mouth to answer and was cut off almost immediately, “We heard you had a few open apartments.” Sayu answered perkily, seeming to not notice her ‘boyfriend’s’ angry look, “We were wondering if you could show them to us.”

“Well, I don’t usually give tours.” the landlord said, reluctant to get up out of his comfy chair.

Jun slapped a high bill on the counter, “We’ll make it worth your while.” ‘he’ said lowly.

“Well, if that’s the case, I guess I can spare a few minutes.” Aika watched from inside the van parked outside on the street as the man the Jun and Sayu into the elevator down the hall.

“Alright, clear.” She looked to Risa for the go ahead to enter the building and received it with a grave nod. Quickly, Aika scampered into the building and headed behind the desk to the door that seemed to lead into the back office. She made quick work of the door lock and slowly opened it, sticking her head inside.

Empty, the little thief breathed a sigh of relief and entered, securing the door behind her. It was dark, so she flipped on the lights and was dismayed to find at least fifteen filing cabinets large enough to hold blueprints. “Uh guys?” Aika spoke into the mini com system that Risa had borrowed from her friend at the sketchy store, “This might take a while.”

As the landlord opened up the empty apartment on the fifth floor, Jun and Sayu heard in their headsets, “Keep him busy for as long as possible, Tanakacchi and I are going to need to help Aika out.” The ‘couple’ shared a look, stalling they could definitely do.

“Wow~! Look at this Jun!” Sayumi entered with a twirl, trying to take in the whole big living room space, “I think your couch would go perfectly against this wall!” She skipped around the room eagerly, to Jun’s infinite embarrassment.

The landlord gave ‘him’ a long examining look, “Why do you keep her around? It seems like she doesn’t listen much.”

“I may have to tell her things more than once,” Jun held up her arm with a clenched fist to let the landlord get her point, “but she has more uses to me. I mean, look at that body.”

The landlord looked as she jumped up and down in the kitchen, just able to peek at her panties underneath the short skirt, “Oh.”

“Don’t look too long, now.” Jun warned, semi dangerously. Sayumi ran into the bathroom to examine it and the ‘men’ followed slowly.

“The bathroom’s a little cramped, are they all the same size?” Sayu asked innocently.

“Yes.” The landlord said flatly and Sayu pouted.

“Just check out the bedroom.” Jun commanded, and Sayumi scampered off. The two others soon heard a cry of dismay.

“It’s not high enough!” Entering the last room, they saw the girl looking out the window, hands clasped together in despair, “My plants will never get enough light with that building in the way.”

Jun shook her head, “Are you serious?” she asked flatly, but inside was marveling at the girl’s genius. If they could find something wrong with all but the last room, they’d be there forever.

“This apartment won’t do, we’ll have to see the other ones.” Sayu declared, Jun and the landlord shared a look before the Chinese girl handed over another bill.

“Alright.” The landlord pocketed the money, “It’s up two more floors.”

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Reina searched frantically through the drawer, looking for anything of interest. She had no idea what a blueprint looked like, so she could only hope to not miss it. So far they hadn’t found anything of use.

“Oooo.” Aika sounded from somewhere to her left. Reina looked over to see the girl shoving stacks of money into her pockets.

“Aika, put that back, now is not the time.” Reina threw a pen at her and it bounced off her shoulder.

“Hey, anytime is the perfect time for a thief.” The younger girl said haughtily, causing the cop to roll her eyes.

“Enough you two, we don’t have time for this.” Risa reminded them and they went back to searching. From the sounds coming from their ear speakers, Jun and Sayu had already gone through three apartments and were heading to the fourth.

Suddenly, the gunner paused in her searching, pulling a file from the cabinet she was rifling through. Curiously, she opened it fully noticing a list of names and addresses, almost all the she recognized as the sub bosses of the Takashi gang. “Are you kidding me?” What the hell would this be doing here?

The reason hit her like a ton of bricks, this wasn’t just the office of a safe house, this was the main office of every safe house. That was the reasoning behind Takashi-dono actually owning the building, no one would ever suspect he would have such important documents in such an unassuming place. It was brilliant, almost no security to trick people into thinking that there wasn’t anything to steal and then putting incriminating or sensitive material here.

“Did you find it?” Reina asked, watching her curiously.

“No, better. Never mind for now, keep looking.” Risa set aside that file to take with her.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

For a second, Jun though the landlord might get violent and she’d have to kill him. As Sayu complained about some else that wasn’t right with the last apartment on the list, Jun began to tense in preparation. They had stalled for as long as possible, but she could hear in her ear piece that the others were still looking.

More out of Sayumi’s protection than actual acting, Jun began to drag her off into the secluded bed room, “Hold on just on second and I’ll straighten her out.” She promised the nearly homicidal man, who nodded that he would stay put.

“What?” The grifter asked curiously as Jun pretended to violently slam her against the wall, banging with her free hand for effect.

“This isn’t going to last much longer, we have to think of something else.” The Chinese girl placed her hand against Sayu’s throat and leaned in as if to choke her, just in case the landlord were to look in the room at them.

“Well, I could always distract him the old fashioned way, but if you have a better plan, I’m all ears.” The con artist fiddled with her skirt a little nervously.

“Old fashioned..? Wait, that gives me an idea, but you’re going to have to trust me.”

“Trust you? Okay.” At Sayu’s answer, Jun suddenly pulled away and clapped her hands together to make a slapping sound. Truly startled, the younger girl squealed.

“How many times do I have to remind you!” The Chinese girl bellowed, seeing the landlord come to investigate curiously from the corner of her eye. At that moment, she lunged forward and kissed her companion full on the lips.

“Jun~!” Sayumi whined in character, also noticing the man now hiding behind the door frame. She gave her ‘boyfriend’ a questioning look that only ‘he’ could see at their angle, but Jun just gave her an encouraging expression.

They kissed again, this time with Sayumi as the initiator and they pressed against the wall. “Gotta make it a convincing show.” The Chinese girl mumbled, reaching up to squeeze the con’s breasts.

“Jun!” She let out a very not-in-character screech, but Jun only silenced her with her lips. From the door, the landlord shifted on his feet to a more comfortable position, a creepy smile spreading across his lips.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Down in the office, the three girls paused simultaneously at the strange sounds that were issuing forth from their comms. They exchanged embarrassed looks and turned back to their searching with renewed vigor.

As the sounds grew more and more obvious and their blushes redder and darker, finally Aika elicited a triumphant cry, “Found it! Let’s book!”

“Sayu, Jun, take the room and get down here, pronto. When you leave the building, turn left and we’ll pick you up at the far corner.” Risa ordered, but the sounds didn’t stop. She felt herself flush even deeper, “Uh guys. You don’t need to stall anymore.”

“Sorry.” Jun’s voice whispered over the ear piece, “If I stopped now it would just be cruel.”

“Uhh…” Risa winced at a particularly high pitched squeal from Sayumi echoed in her head.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

About twenty minutes later, a grossly satisfied landlord exited the main elevator counting a wad of bills, followed by a smugly smirking Jun and a bright red, but quiet Sayumi. “Pleasure doing business with you.” The landlord said as he tossed a set of keys to the Chinese girl.

“Believe me, the pleasure was mine.” Jun smirked at her companion, who just looked away pointedly. The exited the building and headed towards the rendezvous point, walking in complete silence.

When the reached the van, Jun held the door open and gestured chivalrously for Sayumi to go first. The other three watched the scene awkwardly and the silence that descended was stifling. Risa began to drive away and the group just looked around aimlessly.

“Well that was fun.” the still smug Jun said with a grin.

Immediately, Sayumi slapped her arm, only eliciting laughter, “You’re such a pervert!”

“Well, you can’t say you didn’t like it.” The Chinese girl playfully licked at the tips of her fingers and the con blushed deeply. With a swift movement, she viciously ripped off Jun’s fake sideburns. “Ow!”

And just like that, the tension broke and everyone was laughing. “I’ve never worked with a partner before.” Sayu admitted after it became quiet again, “It was pretty interesting.”

“Obviously.” Reina grinned at her cheekily and earned herself a punch on the arm.

Suddenly, a familiar musical tone filled the air and Risa looked down at her ringing cell phone. “What the..?” Whatever she saw on the caller id made her answer it while driving, “Hello?”

“That’s not safe.” Reina reprimanded her, but was ignored.

“Isn’t that the new Morning Musume song?” Aika wondered aloud about the ringtone.

“How did you get my number? Better yet, how did you program your number into my phone?” Risa listened to the other side before bursting out, “What do you mean you programmed everyone’s phones? That’s not what I asked!”

Suddenly her eyes widened and Reina prepared herself to grab the wheel, “Ai’s awake?” The others held their breath, wanting to hear more, “H-How is she?” Risa tried to sound nonchalant, but it was obvious that she was eager. “Good, that’s good. Wait, annoyed?”

A few chuckles spread throughout the van, “Well, if she’s annoyed, I guess that means she’s fine.” Sayumi remarked, unable to admit that she had been worried about their makeshift leader.

Though no one except for Risa really knew her, there was just something about the older woman that sucked you in. Everyone was relieved she had survived the shooting.

“Alright, tell her we’ll be back soon, jeez.” Risa hung up the phone with a snap. “First, though, who’s hungry?”

~~~~~~~~~

Well, it's been seven days and since I'm trying to churn out an update every week or so, here's another. Hope this soothes ya'll's nerves about Ai, heh heh.
If she wakes up...
:shocked

*waits for the next chapter* <insert finger ticking emoticon here>  :grin:
 :lol: :lol: I just couldn't resist.

Also, just a heads up, there will be no Jun/Sayu as a serious couple. Although they did become a little closer due to this....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:31:47 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 8 10/30)
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2009, 07:23:03 PM »
A very packed chapter, Risa going to gas the apartment lol

Jun must have been a very good man

Sayu trying to play cute in a very usual way

Hentai Oyasan lol
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »
wow this was a funny/cute/pervy chapter XDDD or should i say mildly pervy XD i love the whole jun ans sayu couple XD bor risa reina and aika, having to litsen to the noises XDDD

and what was with the kame kiss in the begining??? i wonder.. are u planning something rndy? (that's my new nickname for u by the way XDD)gakikame maybe??*realy wishes for takagaki XD*  

plus poor sayumin >.< she lost her whole family ?? (i_i)

mou~ if ur doing a chapter a week then that's good~! X3 i cant wait then X3
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2009, 10:36:51 PM »
hey! sorry for not commenting on chapter 7... busy week  :kneelbow:

whoa, this is being one of the best developments I've seen lately in a fic. The background story from each character (which is being explained slowly with each chapter) is very well written, and if you add a badass Gaki-san to the mix is just amazing  XD
okay, to the point...

chapter 7; seeing Risa torturing that man was a slap on the face for Ai. But as I said before (and Risa herself too) what was she expecting? a nice gangsta asking things politely? of course she was going to break some bones...
You almost kill me there when they shot Ai-chan (and now I'm worried of the possibility that some of them aren't going to arrive alive at the end...). And that Risa's outburst slashing that man throat like who cut butter was a bit frightening, she really can turn into a killer monster at some point...

chapter 8; from Sayu's background story, her wardrobe and safe house, to Risa's three plans and that 'little momen't between Jun and Sayu.. the whole chapter was perfect. I know, I never complain and I should be a bit more critic..  XD
“Of course just me. I can’t, in good conscience, ask anyone to kill, most especially you. You’ve already taken a life, I can’t let anymore stains be on your soul.” The group was a little surprised by her sincerity, Reina more so than the rest
I like how she's worried that any of the others end like her. Well, you see a good leader there, but I'm worried that she could end doing something stupid to prevent that from happening (most likely to Jun, who seems to have become like a kouhai to her?)
well, now a week to see how Ai scolds Risa again?

mmm, I'll give chapter 8  :otomerika: :otomerika: :otomerika:  :otomerika: over 5 (because one can't never reach perfection XD)

oh.. and I almost forget... LOL at Risa's ringtone

Offline amEthystx

• The Bishop NI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2009, 04:04:23 AM »
Isn't the cat the cutest ever with it tiny tiny tiny legs? lol~ glad you like it XD

Ohhh~  look at that~ haha.. Sayu finally make her first actual "mission" appearance.. who says she is useless?   :on GJ:

So after all, Gaki-san is still a big big big softy ya~ Just that what is needed to be done, she does it without hesitation..What she want, she gets~ irregardless of any methods~ But that only applies to her enemies..~ i guess the toiletbowl is not flushing in so much now..  XD

“Oooo.” Aika sounded from somewhere to her left. Reina looked over to see the girl shoving stacks of money into her pockets.

“Aika, put that back, now is not the time.” Reina threw a pen at her and it bounced off her shoulder.

“Hey, anytime is the perfect time for a thief.” The younger girl said haughtily, causing the cop to roll her eyes.

LOL~ who can blame her? they frooze her account afterall right?  :lol:

“Isn’t that the new Morning Musume song?” Aika wondered aloud about the ringtone.

Probably Kimagure Princess?~ XD

awwwww~ y not a serious couple for Jun/Sayu~ lol~

The story is getting more and more interesting~ =]

:mon bat: *poof*

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2009, 06:22:20 AM »
as if someone had deliberately kissed the spot as she slept

:mon freeze:

so it had to have been the same aged girl.

:mon freeze:  :mon freeze: I love GakiKame but  :mon freeze:  :mon freeze:

there’s almost no way to get in or out with our lives intact

Why do I find that funny  XD

“I think that maybe, you and your gangster boyfriend are in need of a place to live.” Turning to Jun, Risa gave her a pointed look.

“Eh?” Jun suddenly found herself at the center of attention. “ME?!”

:wahaha:

throwing her arms outward as if to give the house a hug.

cute

“We break all the bones in their bodies or just their legs or arms. Or we could cut the time in half by me just killing everyone with a silenced weapon.”

Your lovely Ai won't allow it Risa   :fap

“but she has more uses to me. I mean, look at that body.”

The landlord looked as she jumped up and down in the kitchen, just able to peek at her panties underneath the short skirt, “Oh.”

That's  :drool:

reaching up to squeeze the con’s breasts.

omg  :on_hot:

“Jun!” She let out a very not-in-character screech, but Jun only silenced her with her lips.

Yay  XD

From the door, the landlord shifted on his feet to a more comfortable position, a creepy smile spreading across his lips.

*Coughpervertcough*

Down in the office, the three girls paused simultaneously at the strange sounds that were issuing forth from their comms. They exchanged embarrassed looks and turned back to their searching with renewed vigor.

XD

“Sayu, Jun, take the room and get down here, pronto. When you leave the building, turn left and we’ll pick you up at the far corner.” Risa ordered, but the sounds didn’t stop. She felt herself flush even deeper, “Uh guys. You don’t need to stall anymore.”

“Sorry.” Jun’s voice whispered over the ear piece, “If I stopped now it would just be cruel.”

“Uhh…” Risa winced at a particularly high pitched squeal from Sayumi echoed in her head.

Damn  :wahaha:  :on bleed:  :luvluv1:

Suddenly her eyes widened and Reina prepared herself to grab the wheel, “Ai’s awake?”

:lol:

“Good, that’s good. Wait, annoyed?”

omg that's cute  :wriggly:

“Well, if she’s annoyed, I guess that means she’s fine.”

Damn, Sayu's so right  XD

JunSayu with the audience was cute and very pervalicious  :lick:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2009, 11:44:13 AM »
Hmmm Eri left a thank you print on Risa, interesting :dunno:

“And besides all that, I don’t like to give repeat performances.”
Yeah where's the fun in that?

"Isn’t that the new Morning Musume song?” Aika wondered aloud about the ringtone.
:hiakhiakhiak:

“First, though, who’s hungry?”
With the $$$ Aika "found", I'm guessing a feast is in order?

I like that you took the time to explain Sayu's past and using it to fit the situation. Poor bunny have to live a painful past :cry: But oh boy, that was quite a treat there for the 3 girls. It's a wonder how they can actually concentrate looking for the documents.

Also, just a heads up, there will be no Jun/Sayu as a serious couple. Although they did become a little closer due to this....
Damn! Why oh why? Oh well, it was fun while it lasted :on bleed:

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »
LoL wow, that was great XD Looks like everyone got to use their skills  :thumbsup and some took advantage of other's skills  :roll: They're very smart, it's really cool and funny to see a group of young girls take down dangerous groups of gangsters. Girl Power! XD Uh oh, Eri's become a little friendly towards Risa?  :shocked: And LoL "Morning Musume" still exists in their world. I wonder who's in the lineup in their world. :lol:

Oh I don't think they're bipolar, the cuteness just brings back the familiarity of the girls we all know. :D The original title for my story was just the English version of the title "April's Fools" but I thought "April no Aho" sounded cooler. :lol:

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2009, 05:01:35 AM »
as expected. These story is getting better and better  :grin:.

Eri left Risa her mark. Although Ai didn't didn't catch the two, there's a possibility a new relationship might born.  :P

Sounds like Sayumi did her best to forget her past as she shared it to others calmly. But I guess she'll be ok specially Jun is around. I can't stop laughing on how they pretended to be couple. I guess after what happen, they don't have to act it anymore if they felt for it. They are a good match I guess ( The new Yoshizawa Hitomi was born don't you think?). I wonder how Lin would react if she know what happen.

More update please.  :D :D

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2009, 12:13:07 PM »
I shall steal away all your coins and dice so I can rig the results. HOHOHO! XD

OMG!!! Was it really Eri who kissed Risa. It's gonna be one hell of a twist if it were someone else.

Awww so no "real" JunShige? I was kinda enjoying reading about them "together." But I would much prefer a TanaShige coupling :)

Risa hung up the phone with a snap. “First, though, who’s hungry?”

ME!!!

*stares at clock and counts down the next 7 days*

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
@kuro-kun - Sideburns are very convincing apparently. :P 8)

@kawaii-chan - I am planning something, but I won't say what yet. Also, I realized that I have killed off or otherwise ostracized every character from their families.... It works though, I'm afraid people might call me on it. :sweatdrop:

@len.chan - Better late than never. Glad you enjoyed. Ai getting injured probably won't change her stubborn mind much, though, lol. I am seriously debating whether to kill someone off, but I'm becoming so attached to the girls, that I just can't decide who needs it. Maybe I'll just severely maim one or two of them... I don't know yet, so don't get your hopes up too high for a hammy-like ending.
No, keep praising me, I like it. 8) The RisaJun relations seem to have taken on a life of their own, I never actually intended for it to seem like an instant respect or sempai/kouhai bond to such a degree as I'm seeing. But now I'll have to screw with them a little. :twisted:
because one can't never reach perfection
  :yep: True dat.

@amE - I'm definitely going to have to find some way to completely turn Reina to mush over that kitty, just so I have an excuse to put it in the story. XD
awwwww~ y not a serious couple for Jun/Sayu~ lol~
I gots plans. O0

@kRisZ - Eri's affectionate, what can I say?
Why do I find that funny
Because you just imagined them dying horrible, painful, comical deaths?
omg that's cute
I always think of a sleepy, pouting Ai holding a red blanket and crossing her arms stubbornly, saying, "No!"

@baddie -
Hmmm Eri left a thank you print on Risa, interesting
Yes! :theking
It's a wonder how they can actually concentrate looking for the documents.
Embarrassment is a good motivator.

@DO me-san -
I wonder who's in the lineup in their world.
'I love Africa' is.
"April's Fools" but I thought "April no Aho" sounded cooler.
Oh! April's Fools! I was like, what does April's Idiot mean? :lol:

@Sancho - Thank you.
Eri left Risa her mark.
For some reason, when I read that, I imagined Risa glowing in the dark.
I wonder how Lin would react if she know what happen.
Her head would explode. Like, "Jun and Sayu did what now?...!"

@Hammy-san -
OMG!!! Was it really Eri who kissed Risa. It's gonna be one hell of a twist if it were someone else.
Yes dear. Although if it wasn't, what kind of sick plotline could I come up with? Ghost of Christmas' Past? Random cat burglar? Nakazawa Yuko? :lol: :lol: :rofl: I just amused myself!
But I would much prefer a TanaShige coupling
Me too...
*stares at clock and counts down the next 7 days*
*pushes clock forward* Will update either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

BTW, just a little aside, Black and Blue has reached 98 pages on Works and almost 42,000 words. :shocked Holy crap, that's a lot to scroll through.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2009, 08:17:47 AM »
Chapter 9: And who knows which is which and who is who

As the group entered the lobby of the hotel, the were immediately assaulted by the sounds of Eri arguing with a stubborn Ai. “You’re in no condition to be down here and walking around like this! You’ll rip open your stitches.”

“No, I’ll go back upstairs when I see the others come in.” Risa rolled her eyes as she saw her ex cross her arms and shake her head like a willful child.

“Ai-chan.” she called out, immediately getting a relieved look out of both girls for different reasons.

“Nii-chan.” Ai called out to her as the younger girl embraced her gently, “Is everyone alright?” she was obviously struggling not to slur her words, but Risa couldn’t tell if it was because of the morphine in her system or the alcohol on her breath.

“Of course we are, it was only a little recon. Ai, let’s get you back upstairs.” the older girl didn’t look like she was satisfied that no one was unhurt, so Risa pulled away and held out her arms, “Look, not a scratch, we didn’t run into any opposition, I swear.”

Reluctantly, Ai nodded and let herself be led groggily to the elevator. Risa decided to send the others up first so as to avoid any potential embarrassment, but surprisingly, Eri stayed behind to help with Ai. They got onto the second elevator car and began the slow trip upwards.

“Was it the morphine that made her so stubborn?” Eri asked, pointed at the now peacefully sleeping woman that rested on Risa’s side.

“No.” the gunner chuckled, “Ai’s always been like that, ever since we first met.”

“So you have known each other a while?” Eri asked like she already knew the answer.

“Of course, doesn’t it say so in my file?” the cop had the good grace to looked embarrassed.

“Well, yeah, but I would rather hear it first hand. There’s only so much you can gather from printed words.” Risa nodded amicably.

“I can see that, I guess.” she shifted to hold Ai closer to her side, feeling the older woman snuggle into her neck. “She saved my life. That’s how we first met.”

“Really?” Eri gave the sleeping woman an appraising glance, seeming to reassess something about her. “How did she do that?”

“You mean you don’t know?” Risa asked in surprise, she had thought the cop would have her file memorized by now.

“No, it doesn’t say anything about that, just that you are childhood friends.” They finally reached their floor and Eri helped to carry Ai to her bed as the same aged girl tucked her in.

“Well, we met when my brother died. I guess maybe I should start at the beginning.”

“Well, here we are.” Niigaki Hiro said as he placed his little sister down in the middle of the dilapidated living room. Risa eagerly uncovered her eyes and took in the sight of the inside of the abandoned house. For as long as she could remember, her brother would do business in this house while she had to wait outside and now, finally, he was inviting her to learn his trade.

It wasn’t particularly spectacular by aesthetic standards, the walls were a grimy white, it was furnished with thrown out furniture that had been second hand before they had been garbage. Their were no decorations or plants, the only lights were two small electric lamps in the middle of the room that left the far corners in shadows.

There was a door at the far side of the room that had been broken down sometime earlier and allowed Risa to see clear through the kitchen and out the sliding glass doors onto the small patio out back. She was eager to explore the rest of the house, but waited for her brother to indicate that she could.

“Now, it’s not pretty, but it serves it’s purpose. You have to remember, though, it’s not just us that use this house. It belongs to the neighborhood, so you do your best to keep it from falling apart. The other kids tend to steer clear of the living room and the backyard, so that’s where the Blues usually gather. If I’m making a deal, I always go outside; the privacy fence is the only thing that we’ve actually spent money on to improve, so we have almost complete seclusion and there are dumpsters and crates outside set up to give us cover and escape should a deal go bad.”

“When we go out, I’ll show you a little more about safe spots to stand. For now, since you can hardly hold still,” Risa stopped shifting from side to side at his amused tone and grinned sheepishly, “Why don’t you go check out the rest of the house and report back to me on how many hiding places you can find to stash stuff and keep yourself hidden?”

As soon as the eight year old had her orders, she took off like a rocket. In the kitchen she found nine small cupboards that were just big enough for her to squeeze in comfortably, but would offer no protection if someone opened the door. She made plans to nail a few of the doors shut and maybe tunnel through the wall.

A hole in the wall in the corner was large enough to fit her hand in and she found a brown shopping bag suspended securely from a nail inside. She made note of it and left it be. She knew better than to go snooping through other peoples stuff.

Out of the kitchen and into the dinning room, Risa nearly tripped on a loose floor board and curiously pried it open. Inside she found another bag and a rat trap. Before she could get it into her head to have a peek in the bag, she shut the board with a snap. The room had no holes in the wall and the only furniture was a makeshift card table and chairs made out of crates and boxes.

The dinning room led to the hallway where Risa saw three more doors and a staircase that led to the second level. She thoroughly investigated the rooms, two bedrooms and a bathroom, and found similar holes in a the walls with bags already in them. Nothing suitable to hide a person, even one as small as she was.

The stairs had the potential to hide her and another person comfortably. They were wooden and beginning to rot so that a small opening had formed in the side nearest the wall. Risa figured that with a little elbow grease, she could easily punch a hole in from the other side big enough to slip under the staircase. She closely examined the stairs and found that it would be easy enough to board it so you couldn’t see underneath.

Adding that to her mental to-do list, Risa climbed to the second floor, making more notes about which steps might need replacing and which ones creaked. The upstairs hallway was much like the down stairs, except there were four doors Risa could see. Checking the first three determined two bedrooms and a bathroom, but in much better condition. The walls didn’t have any holes and there were actually some clean looking mattresses spread out on the floors. In the bathroom, in a bag in the toilet tank, Risa found a shiny pistol and had to restrain herself from taking it. Hiro had promised her a weapon soon enough.

Finally coming to the last door, Risa cracked it open and peered inside. Her breath caught as she took in the room. Someone had obviously put a lot of work into it, the walls were painted a cheerful orange and there was clean, non broken furniture set about in an obvious order. The bed had a sturdy frame and simple sheets adorned it. Perched on top of the bed was a young girl, maybe two years older than Risa, reading a book while listening to headphones.

Startled to find this pleasant hide away in the abandoned house, Risa almost squealed  and backed out. Instead, she found herself studying the oblivious girl. She had shoulder length hair and a concentrated expression, totally absorbed in her book and the music. She wore stylish glasses and comfortable jeans and a t-shirt. There was nothing particularly striking about her, her baby fat was just seeming to dissipate into the promise of future beauty, but Risa found herself drawn to her. Maybe it was seeing such a placid and untouched figure in the midst of her violent existence, like a beautiful flower in a hurricane.

After watching her for what was probably longer than proper, Risa slowly exited the room. As she closed the door, she noticed that there was at least five locks on the heavy; reinforced, she noticed; door. She stopped before heading back downstairs, wondering who this girl was, being so young and yet looking like she lived here.

“Hey there, what did you find?” Her brother asked when she found him lounging on a broken down couch in the living room.

“A few good places, but they need some work first. Onii-chan? Who is that girl upstairs?” She climbed up next to him and looked up at him through her lashes curiously.

“Girl? Oh, that must be little Ai-chan. She’s here all the time, her parents started going out of town a lot recently, so we helped to set up her room to sleep in.” Risa nodded, interested.

“What else? What is she like?” She wanted to know more about this intriguing stranger.

“Well, that, you’ll just have to find out for yourself.” Hiro teased, tapping her on the tip of the nose. She pouted at him, trying to keep from giggling. “Now, tell me more about these hiding places.”

()()()()()()()()()()()()

“I thought you said you met when she saved your life?” Eri asked as the two sat facing each other on Risa’s bed.

“I’m getting to that, just hold on. I was curious about her, but we had an odd relationship at first.” Risa smiled, apparently thinking back on it.

()()()()()()()()()()()

Working by the light of a single lantern, Risa hammered away at the staircase. Ever since she had first entered the house, she had decided to do her part to fix it up some. Stealing lumber and tools was a good test of her stealth skills and she could usually work in peace at night, when no one was there.

In the first week she had begun to work, Risa had nailed the four kitchen cupboards that sat on the floor closed and reinforced the doors. The very end of the cabinet could be slid off and a small person could slip inside to their own little hide away. She had already stocked it with her favorite cereal, some water and a lantern of her own, but she hadn’t used it much.

Her next project was fixing the stairs. She started by tearing up the rotting boards and replacing them, which she would finish tonight. Risa’s next mission was to make sure no one could see underneath the stairs by placing more planks there. And then after that, she would punch a hole through the wall big enough to crawl through and out into the hall under said stairs. The biggest problem would be covering the hole adequately and being able to close that make shift entrance from both sides.

Maybe after she had secured the second hide away, she could dig out a few openings though which she could fire a weapon or at least peek out. Giving out a large sigh, the future gunner decided to take a break and get some water. Stepping back and sipping through a bendy straw, Risa examined the mostly repaired wooden stairs. Maybe she could get a few strips of carpeting to put down over it so they wouldn’t have to worry so much about splinters.

As she always did when she looked at the stairwell, Risa found her eyes drawn up to the second floor. She knew that Ai had left for the night and would be back again early the next morning, but she still hadn’t talked to the girl yet. They just couldn’t seem to run into one another, with Risa running all over the place and keeping later hours and Ai being cooped up in her room all day. She usually left when Risa was off getting dinner and came back when she was sleeping at home.

Curiously, Risa made her way to that room again. She hadn’t tried to enter it since that first day, having assumed correctly that the girl probably used all five of those locks when she left. Jiggling the door handle confirmed the locks in place, but Risa pulled a hairpin and a small screwdriver from her pocket.

It took her a while, but eventually, she picked all the locks and the door swung open. The room was exactly as she remembered it, except without the light of day. Cautiously, Risa entered and looked around, as if expecting to trip a trap. When nothing happened, she relaxed and looked around the room. In the far corner against the wall sat the bed, next to the was a small cabinet like surface that doubled as a bedside table. On top of it was a lamp and a small alarm clock.

On the wall to her right and left were two identical dressers that each had various knickknacks on top of them. Next to the dresser on her left was a full length mirror decorated with some print club stickers with Ai and a few other smiling girls. Risa examined the pictures with a sense of missing something, she had never taken print club pictures before and it struck her as an infinitely normal thing to do.

Shaking her head, Risa continued to search the room, checking the dresser drawers to find articles of clothes. She ambled over to the bed and lifted the mattress to find a thin journal underneath. Risa decided to leave that be as it was probably a diary of some sort and she had no intention of reading through that. Instead, she turned to the last piece of furniture and opened the bottom cabinet.

She almost gasped as she took in the contents of the container. It was a lot deeper than it looked on the outside and inside there were stacks of books. She had never seen so many books all in one place before. Curiously, Risa pulled out a pile and examined the spines. A history book, a well worn copy of an English slang book, four fiction books and three whose contents she couldn’t identify by the titles.

There were so many, surely Risa would be able to borrow a few and not get caught. She would just take some from the back, she decided, grabbing three different genres. One was a non fiction about the life of an abused child, the second was a psychology book and the last was a beginner’s Korean guide.

Taking care to put everything back the way she found it, Risa took her prizes out of the room, relocking the door and making her way to her hide away in the kitchen. She would finish the stairs tomorrow, she thought, flipping open the Korean guide.

()()()()()()()()()()

“So wait, you took her books?” Eri questioned from her place snuggled up into the crook of Risa’s arm. Both girls were laying down on top of the covers on the bed.

“Borrowed. I took them back when I was done. I never much liked going to school, between having to eat and bathe every once in a while, I was usually too busy to go, so I dropped out when I was very young. Her library was my learning facility for a long time, until she convinced me to go back to my studies.” Risa sighed lightly, “But that’s not the point I was getting at, do you actually want to hear this story?”

“Of course, sorry.”

()()()()()()()()()()

Risa swiftly opened the locks on Ai’s room, intent on returning the last three books she’d borrowed. In the two months that she’d been coming into the room after the older girl had left, she had become quite comfortable in her weekly ritual of acquiring new material to read. She headed over to the usual spot and opened the cabinet door, then froze. There, hanging in front of her, was a sticky note. It said, “Enjoying my books?” and there was a pencil attached for her to reply with.

She was caught, she didn’t think Ai would have caught on so soon and she certainly hadn’t expected this. Slowly, as if the cabinet might bite her, Risa replaced the borrowed books and chose two more. Then she hesitantly scrawled a simple, “Yes.” into the sticky note.

The next night, Risa went back upstairs to see if there was a reply on the sticky. The little note was gone, replaced by a larger sheet of paper. On it was written, “I don’t mind you borrowing my books and I don’t want to know how you got past those locks, but if you wanted something of mine, all you had to do was ask.”

Risa tilted her head, a little confused as to the tone of the note. Unsure of what else to put, she merely replied back with, “Sorry.”

The next night was the same deal, “I didn’t mean to scold you,” the paper clarified, “I just wanted to let you know that you could approach me whenever I’m here.”

The future gunner regarded this paper for a long time before she could think of what to write back, “Yeah, but doesn’t this have the potential to be more fun?”

When she came back again, there was a happy face drawn, “I guess it does. My name’s Ai, what’s yours?”

“We wrote back and forth faithfully every night.” Risa smiled nostalgically, “We eventually could talk about everything and when I told her I had finished reading her collection of books, new ones showed up every week.”

“That’s actually pretty romantic.” Eri raised her eyebrow at Risa’s soft smile.

“I guess, though because of that, we usually tried to steer clear of each other in real life. One night I came in and there was five keys hanging inside the cabinet, she told me to stop picking the locks and just take her spare sets.” The gunner laughed lightly, “We were just kids, but I thought it was nice anyway.”

“So how did she end up saving your life?” the cop asked curiously, watching the merriment fade from Risa’s face.

“Well, of course, while Ai and I became friends, the Tokyo bosses were trying to move into Yokohama. That’s where I first met my future mentor, the man that killed my brother.”

~~~~~~~~~

Risa overload, you guys don't mind, do you? ;) Also more GakiKame bonding.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:32:44 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Black and Blue (Chapter 9 11/06)
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2009, 09:10:21 AM »
:heart: risa lol

well i think it presents a nice backstory to it, so i didn't mind the Risa overload, and GakiKame FTW
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »
“Ai-chan.” she called out, immediately getting a relieved look out of both girls for different reasons.

XD lovely

like a beautiful flower in a hurricane.

me loves it

One was a non fiction about the life of an abused child, the second was a psychology book and the last was a beginner’s Korean guide.

Real history  :D  (first and last, haven't encountered the second one yet)

here, hanging in front of her, was a sticky note. It said, “Enjoying my books?” and there was a pencil attached for her to reply with.

Busted  :lol:

“We wrote back and forth faithfully every night.”

This one reminds me of someone :depressed:

“That’s actually pretty romantic.”

Indeed

That’s where I first met my future mentor, the man that killed my brother.”

Reina's father.?.  :O

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »
What a history between Ai-chan and Risa!!!!!

They were so cute as children and the way that they communicated with little notes. 

I don't know who to root for, Takagaki or Gakikame, they both have their special parts in this chapter, one as a memory whereas the other, present.

The past is probably what would be in the way for any future developments between Gakikame because well Takagaki did share more special moments and it started when they were kids.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Juice=Juice - KARADA DA KEGA OTONA NI NATTA N JA NAI