JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Houseki Bako

Author Topic: [03/21] 「 SEXY 8 BEAT 」 Morning Musume 8th Album  (Read 62579 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
[03/21] 「 SEXY 8 BEAT 」 Morning Musume 8th Album
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2007, 06:22:53 AM »
To clear things up a little

Some of that is just me and my vocabulary... what I said could've probably been said in a nicer way that I don't even know. I just naturally speak pretty harshly and curse a lot... half of my posts probably have atleast one curse word in it... When I say "don't be an ass" it's more in a lighthearted way and I say it when I think someone is about to cross the line.

When I say asshole is when I don't like the person. But the major asshole comment was not directly about you and was a general comment. I don't think you're an asshole.

I have no idea where it became so personal... and it originally wasn't really supposed to be... I guess I'm just under a lot of stress recently from a whole bunch of crap that the smallest things could tick me off...

Sorry for being stupid.

I still think my argument was pretty valid though >_>
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:27:18 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2007, 06:26:48 AM »
Hey, you're not stupid, don't ever put yourself down. You cleared things up, explained that is the way you talk and write, I now understand it was nothing personal. See how easy it is? But never, never put yourself down.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #302 on: March 24, 2007, 07:32:44 PM »
Asahi Shimbum interview

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »
Quote from: lilangel;336175
I did some color-coding lyrics for the songs in the album. I just thought pepole might be want to sing along or be interested in who sings what. I cannot distinguish the voices when they sing in unison so it would be nice if people can help out =)

Thank you so much!  

Do you know where I could find the lyrics for Genki+ and Haru Beautiful Everyday (they don't have to be colour coded)?

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2007, 09:23:26 PM »
Oricon's "Sexy 8 Beat" special interview, translation by mink at mm-bbs
Oricon Special Interview: Morning Musume
March 20, 2007

Following Morning Musume’s single, “Egao YES Nude,” which showed us their sexy side, they’ve finally completed their 8th album, SEXY 8 BEAT. Since Yoshizawa Hitomi will graduate at the end of their tour, which goes from March until May, this will be the first and last album released by the current 9 members.

That it’s not just sexy is what makes it very Morning Musume

“Egao YES Nude” went the sexy route and even the album title is SEXY 8 BEAT, so I thought the album would be full of sexy songs, but it betrayed my expectations—I mean that in a good way (laugh).

TAKAHASHI: Right? (laughs) It’s not just sexy. I think that’s what makes it very Morning Musume.

MICHISHIGE: It’s an album that will energize you.

I’m sure you did the recording in the middle of your busy schedule doing other work besides this album, so how was that?

TANAKA: I don’t know if I’ve gotten used to it or not, but I think I’ve become quicker at learning the songs. I remember working hard during Rainbow 7 to learn the songs, but I think this time I might have been able to allot good enough time to learn each song one by one.

MICHISHIGE: I can totally relate.

This is the first and last time we release something as the nine of us

Which song left the deepest impression?

TANAKA: For me, it’s “Shanimuni Paradise,” which the four of us sing. The word “summer vacation” pops up a lot in the lyrics, and I sang it while thinking of the fun summer vacations I spent when I was little, and I got in a really good mood on my own (laughs). The recording was fun too.

MICHISHIGE: I like “Takara no Hako.” It’s under the name of Shigepink and Kohappink, and up until now, Shigepink and Kohappink have been quite cutesy and upbeat. Well, this is calm. That’s why I was really surprised. I guess it’s about time to graduate from the cutesy upbeat stuff (laughs).

Graduate!?

MICHISHIGE: I’m already 18, so maybe it’s the end with this song (laughs). Maybe it’s even time to put an end to the cutesy upbeat image of Shigepink and Kohappink.

Hahaha. But you never know, you might get to do another cutesy upbeat song on the next one.

MICHISHIGE: I’ll work hard at being cutesy and upbeat then so don’t worry (laughs).

TAKAHASHI: Even we thought, “Whose song is this?” I like “Genki+.” It’s a very energetic song, and it’s also vigorous and suspicious-sounding. I thought it was very Morning Musume-like, and I remember thinking I wanted to hurry up and sing this. There’s also a tour featuring this album, and I’d really like to strongly pull off this song. This song has a lot of lyrics that repeat a lot, so it sounds like a spell.

When you think about how Yoshizawa Hitomi-chan is graduating, Hitomi-chan’s solo song, “Sono Deai no Tame,” makes you cry.

TAKAHASHI: Yes. They let me harmonize on this song, and it really hit me and I got sad.

MICHISHIGE: This is the first and last time the nine of us will release something, and the tour is the same way, so I think it will become a tour that Morning Musume can only do right now. We’d like a lot of people to come see us.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2007, 11:22:06 PM »
The harmonizing in sono deai no tame is really the highlight of the song. It's kinda sad though that it's supposed to be featuring Yossi >_>

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
Re: [03/21] 「 SEXY 8 BEAT 」 Morning Musume 8th Album
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2007, 03:30:09 PM »
^I thought Yossie was the highlight, she sounded great and i love the song!!

In fact I love this whole album!! I completely and utterly prefer it over 6th and 7th albums!!
I was kinda disspapointed with rainbow 7s album tracks, but this album has all great album tracks!!!
So glad it arrived befroe i go on holiday!

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #307 on: April 04, 2007, 05:53:03 AM »
Oricon update

Second week rank & sales: 52nd, 3,954
Total sales: 28,592

The sales are low compared to previous albums (not counting the mini-album). If you want an interesting read, there's a Wall Street Journal article on the decline of CD sales. The New York Times has an article on the demise of the album (requires free registration, blablabla, use bugmenot)

Offline misugi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #308 on: April 04, 2007, 06:25:01 AM »
I really like the song Mirai no Taiyou.  It's a shame that MM didn't talk about it. :(

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2007, 01:41:55 AM »
Haru beautiful everyday is still my favourite song on that album.

Waking up to that song early in the morning to Eri's voice is just amazingly refreshing.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline freakz

« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2007, 02:07:27 PM »
hmm......
in sexy 8 beat album i do realy like genki!!!
enjoyable song n very energetic lol

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2007, 08:13:38 AM »
With a 100th rank in the Oricon Album chart and 1,626 copies sold in the third week, the total sold for SEXY 8 BEAT is now 30,218. Which is at least more than the mini-album 7.5 Fuyu Fuyu Morning Musume. Mini!....

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #312 on: April 16, 2007, 07:08:10 AM »
Well...  What have they done ... ?  :sweat:

I just can't stop listening to "Genki +"...

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2007, 03:15:13 AM »
It's sad to hear of the decline in sales yet again but I can't say I'm surprised considering the new direction the band has took/is taking.

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2007, 08:44:04 AM »
This is a great cd, the music is much better than the last cd.
Five stars for being ogawa free as well.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2007, 02:21:45 AM »
I'm not gonna bother writing another review of what I thought (at least not now) but this album has grown on me a LOT, this is gettinga  lot of playtime right now and I'm satrting to apprecaite the new direction MM is taking.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2007, 02:55:08 AM »
i'm sorry i'm stuck on the first track, Genki+, loved the song, can't get past it.  but i'll promise i'll try the other track, maybe.....when i get to it......

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2007, 02:58:03 AM »
I knew people would grow on this album, glad to see it :D It really is good :)

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2007, 06:17:45 AM »
Best in ages. I hope this is a new trend.

Offline dknight22

« Reply #319 on: June 10, 2007, 04:18:11 PM »
yea i have started liking this album after a couple of listens.. its good

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Houseki Bako