JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Like This

Author Topic: Captain America #25  (Read 6034 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Captain America #25
« on: March 08, 2007, 03:36:53 AM »
Don't know if this was posted anywhere else before (didn't bother looking, to be honest). Mods, feels free to move/merge this if this particular topic already has a thread.

A dude I know from another forum told me about this. Now granted, I've never really followed comic books, but this still was a shocker.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- He fought and triumphed over Hitler, Tojo, international Communism and a host of supervillains, but he could not dodge a sniper's bullet.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/03/07/captain.america/index.html

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CapAmerica/DDream/Cap25.html

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=104117

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CapAmerica/DDream/Cap_pages-2.jpg

[DL LINK] Captain America #25

*All links curtosey of Fayt Linegod @ HJU

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Captain America #25
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 03:47:35 AM »
Avengers: The Initiative states that Capt. America's body was taken to a hospital.  Also The Punisher will possibly be the New Capt. America from the end of Civil War.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 03:49:20 AM »
I read that on Yahoo! mainpage. I didn't really know a lot about Captain America to like him a lot, but i was still shocked to hear this.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 04:17:14 AM »
WTF?!?  Why wasn't this issue in the latest DCP release?

I didn't like the ending of Civil War, but it did seem inevitable.  I still hate Iron Man.  As a whole, the series was wonderful, one of the best crossovers I've ever read.  Really got me interested in comics again after all these years.

Offline Fayt Linegod

Captain America #25
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 04:54:31 AM »
Thanks for the shout out, J.;)

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 04:59:21 AM »
What a lame way to go. :|

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Captain America: DEAD
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 05:06:51 AM »
The venerable superhero is killed in the issue of his namesake comic that hit stands Wednesday, the New York Daily News reported. On the new edition's pages, a sniper shoots down the shield-wielding hero as he leaves a courthouse.

Advise to super villains: hire snipers to get rid of your enemies.

EDIT: Found out that JFC already made a thread for it here. Mods, please delete this one. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:10:07 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 05:15:54 AM »
I'm seeing double. :o !

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 08:48:51 AM »
pare how do i open .cbr files?

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Fayt Linegod

Captain America #25
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:55:50 AM »
^ Thank you

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline SpiritX03

Captain America #25
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
wow... I'm shocked to found out Cap died that way... out of all the crazy stunts he done over the years... to be killed by a sniper bullet... the civil war storyline is intense and I love reading it... for a quick overview just wiki it and read all about it.

going to have to drop by the nearest comic book store to check it out. :ONbyebye:

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 10:27:08 PM »
Just finished reading ish 25.

Maybe I'm the only guy who likes how the Civil War arc turned out, as well as ish 25.  Not liked it as in "Register, now!"  But because it showed complex characters struggling over a controversial contemporary issue in a completely believable way.  Iron Man, that fascist, remained true to his character and so did Cap.

Because Cap has always been the perfect man.  Even when he was a skinny arts student, he had a nobility of character that shone.  He gave Hitler a punch to the jaw even before the US declared war.  There was that great panel during the Civil War where he regreats being frozen in a chunk of ice during the 1960's, because if he were around, he would have fought for civil rights alongside Martin Luther King and volunteered in the space race along with Buzz and Armstrong.  He represented an age where there was a clear line between right and wrong, and he could always be trusted to fight for the good guys.

But the world today, both the one we live in and the one we read about in comics, is much different.  He even faltered a bit by letting the Punisher join his Secret Avengers.  But Cap did the right thing by not landing the killing blow against Iron Man.  Because Cap would never kill.  He surrendered because he, of all the participants in the Civil War (except maybe Ben Grimm), knew had his priorities right.  His death by assassination evokes Gandhi or JFK, giants among men who died for their ideas.

I'm really excited about how the story-line will turn out.  Was it all a hoax to get Iron Man off Cap's back, ala Batman at the end of the Dark Knight Returns?  How will Bucky take up the shield and be able tame his inner demons in order to pay respect to his long-time mentor?  How will this affect the Punisher, who has always been Cap's polar opposite?  Did Sharon really shoot him, or was she brainwashed to thinking that she had shot him?  I'm really looking forward to how this will turn out!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Captain America #25
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 06:17:23 AM »
This proved to be interesting. Since this issue has to do (in part), with the Marvel Civil War.

Thanks to KeithRanger @ HJU for the link to the article.
LINK - 50 Ways the Civil War Will Change the Marvel Universe...FOREVER!!!

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 06:23:16 AM »
ddint i hear capt america toook steroids to be that strong or something like that

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 12:39:36 AM »
Quote from: Mugen;328120
ddint i hear capt america toook steroids to be that strong or something like that

It was called the Super Soldier Serum you insensitive clod! :lol:   Besides, America needed it to beat the Nazis....

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Captain America #25
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 04:35:36 AM »
I got my Issue #25 today with Steve Epting Cover.  They had a restock.  I feel sorry for those fools that paid over cover for them!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Captain America #25
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 06:36:46 AM »
So guess who got Cap's Shield...:P

Quote from: chera;325020
He even faltered a bit by letting the Punisher join his Secret Avengers.  But Cap did the right thing by not landing the killing blow against Iron Man.  Because Cap would never kill.

Speaking of whom, guess who's been rumoured to become "the next" Cap?

PIC 1 - BEFORE
PIC 2 - AFTER

I personally find the notion of this appaling. As far as the characters go, the two of them are as close to polar opposites as you can get in terms of thier approach to doing things. It's like seeing Superman or Spiderman with an AK-47. It's just not right, IMO.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Captain America #25
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 08:52:39 AM »
Quote from: JFC;329659
I personally find the notion of this appaling.

It is bad, isn't it?  But also interesting... Punisher had a lot of respect for Cap, as can be seen through their confrontation after Punisher shot those bad guys right in front of all the other Secret Avengers.  Will Punisher carry the mask and shield while continuing to be his same old cold-blooded self?  Or will the legacy of the American Dream erode his cynicism and change him for the better?

Same situation for the Winter Soldier, except even more tragic.  I'm personally rooting for the Punisher... for exactly the reasons you find the prospect so appalling.  It'll be nice to see how Frank Castle reacts once he feels the same weight that Steve Rogers felt on his shoulders.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: Captain America #25
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 11:37:22 PM »
Fallen Son: Death of Capt. America- Wolverine Came out today

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Like This