JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Acidman - Hibikari

Author Topic: The Minimoni Thread (ミニモニ。)  (Read 16494 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Minimoni Thread (ミニモニ。)
« on: January 04, 2010, 05:33:19 PM »
Minimoni

Mini Moni (ミニモニ。?, also known as Minimoni., mini-moni., etc.) is a former subgroup of J-pop girl group Morning Musume, and a current group within Hello! Project. They were one of Morning Musume's most popular subgroups for their entire existence, because of the combination of their outrageous music videos and live performances, and their widely varied musical styles.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Minimoni Thread (ミニモニ。)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »

Fill in the survey!

My Minimoni story:
Favourite Minimoni member:
Favourite Minimoni generation:
Favourite Minimoni song:
Favourite Minimoni PV:
Favourite Minimoni album:
A memorable performance:
A picture that I like:
Other comments:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:56:01 PM »
My Minimoni story: Some early Mini Moni vids were among the earliest H!P stuff I ever saw. "This shit is nuts" and I had to see more, of course. That wacky shit served its purpose, but the 2nd gen had some actual good material instead of the crack-layered kiddy stuff, and had one of the better H!P albums out there. It also had this one chick with a tiny waist.

Favourite Minimoni member: Ai Takahashi
Favourite Minimoni generation: 2nd (Ghetto Moni)
Favourite Minimoni song: Wassup? Enryo ga Theme

Favourite Minimoni PV:

Despite all my love for the Ghetto version, this pv was so fucked up silly and played a role in getting me into this mess. I mean what the fuck, pink space bunnies.

Favourite Minimoni album: Mini Moni Songs 2

A memorable performance:

A picture that I like:

Ghetto Moni in da house! Keeping it real! Bling bling!  :rofl:

Cracks me up every time I see it... in a good way.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »
My Minimoni story: I was managing to look through some vids on YT and I stumbled upon an Utaban episode for "Mini Moni Hinamatsuri" and I enjoyed their humor
Favourite Minimoni member: Kago
Favourite Minimoni generation: First
Favourite Minimoni song: Mini Moni Jan Ken Pyon
Favourite Minimoni PV:
Favourite Minimoni album:Minimoni Song Daihyakka 1 Kan
A memorable performance: five member performance
A picture that I like:
Other comments: Mini Moni was filled with silliness and they made my day sometimes, and when Tanpopo came on Utaban one time and they asked Kago about the timing for Tanpopo, MM, and Mini Moni.  Kago replied that they should decrease the time for MM and Tanpopo for mm and that was pimp
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Yanki31Mina

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 04:49:42 AM »
My Minimoni story: I started with the single Lucky Cha Cha Cha and worked my way back
Favourite Minimoni member: Mari Yaguchi
Favourite Minimoni generation: first!!
Favourite Minimoni song: Jankenpyon
Favourite Minimoni PV: Lucky Cha Cha

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:20:49 AM »
My Minimoni story: I might as well start off celebrating the week with what first got me started into this whole mess. Minimoni served as my slow, casual introduction into the world of Hello Project, whether it was seeing Kago in action on Kochira Hon Ikegami Sho way back in '03 or the group itself getting incidental western media exposure via [noembed][/noembed] and silly YouTube memes. :lol: My initial exploration into the rest of H!P would remain focused on them for a good while due to such prior awareness, their theme of/emphasis on their small size, and the fact that they had an American in their ranks...and while their hyper, kid-oriented presentation was hard to swallow at first I've come to respect the group upon learning more of the members themselves, especially thanks to their appearances on Utaban.
Favorite Minimoni member: Mika Todd...I personally rank the other members higher in the general H!P sense, but when it comes to this group she stands out for me the most. Heck, it pretty much saved her career with Coconuts turning out to be somewhat of a bust.
Favorite Minimoni generation: Second, mainly because I can tolerate their later songs a bit more than the early stuff. :P
Favorite Minimoni song: Crazy About You...the closest they've come to matching my normal music tastes.
Favorite Minimoni PV: Minimoni Jankenpyon...perfectly sums up the random, crazy nature of the group.
Favorite Minimoni album: Minimoni Songs 2, for the same reasons as the song/generation questions.
A memorable performance: [noembed][/noembed] :lol: At least I hope that counts.
A picture that I like: Sorry, this just begs to be seen... XD

Other comments: It's funny how any other equivalent of this kind of group, Japanese or otherwise, would get me to run away immediately, yet these girls managed to grab my attention (though eventually after so many years). It's a shame we may never see a full reunion ever again, but with Yaguchi, Nono and Ai-chan still doing things together and Kago's recent visits to Mika's current territory (this past year and in '07...makes me wonder if they've ever met during those times) I don't see anything stopping unofficial half-reunions.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:14 AM »
Story 
Freshman year of high school, in my first Japanese class.  Sensei came in with a TV and a VHS tape she brought, and put on a music video, and it was Mini Moni's "Jankenpyon".
That was my introduction to Mini Moni, Hello Project, and Japanese music in general. e_e

Favorite Member
Mika Todd

Favorite Generation
Mika / Kago / Tsuji / Takahashi

Favorite Song
Kazoe Uta ~Date Version~

Favorite PV
Ai~in Dance no Uta

Favorite Album
Mini Moni Songs 2

Favorite Performance
Lucky Cha Cha Cha @PopJam 2004.04.17

Comments
When I think of Hello!Project, I think of old school Morning Musume and Mini Moni, and that's never changed.
They were the ultimate subgroup, capturing everything I love about the silly side of JPop.
Often Imitated, Never Duplicated

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »
Surveys :D

not a fan at the start (damn! kids) --but appreciated their comedy and fucking who gives a shit attitude. cracks me up!! lol @ Nono

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »
^ Well Nono never changed since then so go on Nono
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 04:36:48 PM »
My Minimoni story: To me as well Minimoni was one of the first H!P things that I got to know, and Jankenpyon one of the first songs. They were important in my process of becoming a fan, but they haven't been that important in the process of keeping me a fan (I moved on to other things) :D 
Favourite Minimoni member: Well back in the early days, I made a Mari minimoni wallpaper for my computer :lol:
Favourite Minimoni generation: 1st
Favourite Minimoni song: Jankenpyon
Favourite Minimoni PV: Crazy About You (I never really saw the 1st gen PVs, tho I can imagine they were cracky)

A picture that I like:

HOLY HELL I SAVED THIS PIC IN AUGUST 2003 :O
For the record, I usually mention spring 2004 as the time when I became a H!P fan because I spent the winter 2003-2004 without Internet. I pretty much first saw H!P stuff just before I lost Internet, and spent the winter stuck with very little stuff to enjoy (less than 10 songs, Koi no Dance Site PV, and a few pics). Any H!P stuff I got during that winter was by using floppies at school :lol: OMFG so nostalgic.
Other comments:
MINIMONI THE MOVIE :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 02:31:53 AM »
My Mini Moni story: At first I couldn't give a fucking rat's ass about them. They were the kids, so loud and annoying. Ruining everything. Brats! But they were so popular, everyone loved that Strawberry Pie!! Made me wanna rip my face into a chalkboard!! Then H!P Kids debuted, Nono and Aibon got older - and fuck, I appreciated them more. I read up on Rika Ishikawa THE TRU HOLLWYWOOD STORIES and learned the bond between 4th Generation and appreciated that. Seeing the rawness of the H!P Kids (and stiffness at the time!!) I was like THE FUCK!! Nono and Aibon can eat these kids for lunch, breakfast and dinner! SO i revisted the videos and "Making Of Mini Moni" and said, HEY!! They ain't too fucking bad. And it was also with the Mini Moni Movie and Hamster cartoon soundtrack that I actually liked their songs. :lol: Adding Takahashi was the biggest WTF moment. Didn't make sense at all.
Favourite thing(s) about Mini Moni: The shameless-ness in all they do.
Favourite Minimoni member: Yaguchi - she always got picked on by Nono and Aibon <3
Favourite Minimoni generation: The first.
Favourite Minimoni song: Genki Jirushi no Oomori

Favourite Minimoni PV: OKASH!!!

Favourite Minimoni album: MiniMoni Ja Movie Okashi na Daibouken OST - lol I really wasn't a fan of their kiddie early songs
A memorable performance: the "final" performance....good times!

A picture that I like:

A video that I like:
Other comments: They need to regroup and do a sexy Pussycat Dolls-esque song!

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 04:16:10 AM »
Mini Moni Chiccha!

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 09:43:19 PM »
In the midst of all the April Fools fun going on everywhere, I missed out on this:
http://retroslashers.net/blog/retro-slashers-is-now-retro-mini-moni/

Seems like those guys did their research...except being consistent with name ordering conventions (Tsuji received the Asian "last name first" order treatment but not the others). :lol:

The comments are funny too.
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »
Cross-posting: Mini Moni mini reunion!
Mika's been in hiding for a while...but look who found her!

http://www.diamondblog.jp/kago_ai/?p=494

Apparently she's on vacation in Japan, and Aibon just happened to run into her. Let's see a jazz collabo! XD
Mika looking lovely as always. Ai says on her blog (rough translation):
"After 7 years away from each other, I met Mika chan. Now living in Los Angeles, she is in Japan for a vacation.
In the small amount of time we had to meet, we had tea together. Nostalgic chat about old times was blooming like a flower.
Even after all this time we are friends"
I've always wondered when these two were ever gonna meet up again, considering Mika isn't restricted by UFA and Aibon keeps returning to LA. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see that they're still on good terms with each other after all this time.
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline kyo-

• Member+
  • S/mileage Family
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 04:38:56 AM »
aibon and mika.. wowww thx for the info.. love to see her picture again
glad to hear she talk with someone from her morning musume era  :twothumbs

My Minimoni story: fist time know and heard mini moni song at GOto Maki's graduation concert, the song is Jankenpyon. mini moni's cute dance and song make me want to know more  XD
Favourite Minimoni member: love them all, but mostly Mari yaguchi , the miniest member  :lol:
Favourite Minimoni generation: 1st
Favourite Minimoni song: Jankenpyon & Ai~n Dance no Uta
Favourite Minimoni PV: Ai~n Dance no Uta  (cute and funny PV.. love to see them flying)  :twothumbs

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 05:48:28 AM »
the comedy stylings of Mini Moni is amazing mostly Aibon and Nono making Mari pissed off XD

(videos posted by youjok on her channel :bow:)

Mika nice hair, the blond streak I dig :fap

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
Black History Month is drawing to a close, so I shall honor the black pioneer who inadvertently paved the way for my interest in Hello! Project...

Yup...this is how my H!P journey began. I'M ON JPH!P BECAUSE OF JAY LENO. :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
Looks like someone's been getting nostalgic recently...

http://www.diamondblog.jp/kago_ai/2012/08/24/100714/

Aibon says she found a bunch of her old Minimoni goods at her mom's house which brought back a lot of memories. I feel like it's only a matter of time before we see the original four together in some capacity again.
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
Yaguchi, Nono and Ai promoting Datsumo Labo.  We just need Mika and Aibon for this to be a complete Minimoni reunion   :P

Offline initial

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • T.I.N.T. state of mind
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 07:53:16 PM »
I don't get it.  Aibon's first controversy was, underage smoking?  this led to suspension or expulsion of H!P.
Yaguchi was willing to leave H!P for an actor (Oguri Shun, i think) then comes back.  gets married, cheats on hubby and comes back.  but Aibon is kept at distance?   :cry:
maybe my timeline is wrong, or even the details aren't accurate, but Aibon!!!    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Acidman - Hibikari