JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror

Author Topic: The Suzuki Kanon Thread (鈴木香音)  (Read 62133 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: The Suzuki Kanon Thread (鈴木香音)
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2015, 09:52:58 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:58:28 AM by muppet »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »
Happy Birthday!!!!
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2015, 03:18:37 AM »

YAY!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZUKKI!!!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2015, 03:21:45 AM »
Happy Sweet
Seventeen
Kanon Chan!!!

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2015, 03:17:45 AM »
:heart: Happy Birthday, Zukki!! :heart:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2015, 06:41:14 PM »
Zukki's part starts at around the 3:00 mark.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2016, 03:59:55 AM »
CROSS-POSTING!!

Zukki got trolled here pretty hard. :lol:

http://swmmm.tumblr.com/post/139816815766

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2016, 09:55:57 AM »
Last day to contribute to the Zukki Graduation Scrapbook! (deadline is April 15)
http://zukkigraduationproject.tumblr.com/about

Email address for submissions and questions: zukkigraduationscrapbook@gmail.com

What you can do for the scrapbook:

- Email pictures of your holding a sign with a message (We will of course hide your faces when we reveal what the final scrapbook looks like, but if you feel uncomfortable with Zukki-chan seeing your face you don’t need to.)
- Email pictures of yourself with concert goods or CDs (preferably with her photo card if you have it.)
- Sending fan art pictures/scans via email if possible.
- Or draw fan art and send them directly to my address. We are working on this, either way you will have to email us more information if you are planning to send fanart or something handwritten to the person responsible of doing the scrapbook..
- Something else that can work in a scrapbook, please email us about your idea first in that case.

If you want to do more than one thing then you can, such as fan art + a picture of yourself holding message for her. If you want to send a picture of a just a handwritten message or have a lot of goods you want to show off, then you can do so too.

Things you need to include in your submission:

- Name: the name can be stated in your artwork/picture or at the end of your submission. Zukki just needs to be able to see who it is from. You can use your nickname if you don’t want your real name to be stated.
- Country: I will write the country name close to submission, using a color from your country’s flag.
- (Optional) Words: If people want to they can also include a word/sentence such as “Hola,” “Danke,” “You are the best” in their email. We will spread out the words on the pages like the old project did. If writing in another language, please tell me the translation of what you said so we can make sure it is not a mean comment. Also please use a language with letters we can write. Arabic, Chinese and so on would be impossible for me to write correctly! That sadly also includes Japanese. If you use words in those languages I will in that case have to print them and paste onto a page.

I regret not posting about this sooner, but the pending graduation has had me sad and frustrated, and I was hoping my next post in this thread would've been a long overdue gushing about her. But hey, even if you're too late to submit something, it would still be nice to see more appreciation for her here and elsewhere online! Let's show Kanon some love!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »

Suzuki Kanon who will graduate from the group in May:

(Regarding members of 9th generation)

Unlike Mizuki-chan who was born into the world of Hello! Project, the rest of us of 9th gen didn’t know anything and was able to meet her and learn so many things from her. Mizuki-chan constantly watches over & observes the members properly, where sometimes she will point out that “this girl/member has recently been…” She is also able to notice/observe things that I can’t. I guess that is what one would expect of our leader.

As for Erina-chan, we constantly talked during the times of the audition. In fact, I was really happy that I got to talk to someone that I didn’t know since it was rather scary at that time to talk to someone I didn’t know (lol). Since I came from the countryside which didn’t have many buildings, I initially felt that Tokyo was a rather scary place. My impression of her has always been that she is a lovely, neat & tidy girl. But I have realised that after talking to her for about 1-2 hours, that image of her being “neat & tidy” vanishes and gets replaced by “No! Instead, she’s a mischievous girl” (lol).

I initially thought that Riho-chan was a cyborg as from the start, she has always been able to do everything perfectly (lol). From dancing, to singing, to being able to talk with respect, and even to being able to eat beautifully. I really have always admired her. But being able to live with her, made me discover her huge goofy/funny side (lol). She really helped me out a lot especially with dancing. Riho-chan managed to teach me everything that I didn’t know. Since we have been through/faced so much in life together, we are able to trust/rely on each other. I am really so happy to be able to have this kind of special relationship/connection with her.

(Regarding graduation)

I can now say that when Riho-chan initially announced her graduation, I also began to feel and think about my graduation. I really cared & was worried about what was happening in Riho-chan’s life, so I bombarded her with so many questions regarding her graduation. Such as whether she was sure that what she was choosing/selecting will really give her the happiness for her future, whether she was worried or impatient, and whether she was worried about her future. But when she talked to me, she was so calm. She was determined and firm regarding her decision to go abroad to study. This made me think deeper about what I wanted to go towards for my own future.

The caption near the photo: Suzuki Kanon after graduation – to enjoy singing & dancing as a hobby/interest

Translated by: Akarin

http://roseprism15.tumblr.com/post/143190132409/suzuki-kanon-who-will-graduate-from-the-group-in

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
The girls work hard to give Kanon chan a proper "Jump" into her soon to be
graduate status. Props to Erina san for her Herculean efforts as first in line of fire....

Be all that you can be

モーニング娘。’16 大縄跳び、全員飛んだら新曲『泡沫サタデーナイト!』PR おまけアンジュルム

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2016, 07:50:49 PM »

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2016, 01:11:16 AM »

Graduations are always a painful, awkward affair, especially when it's one of your favorites...but often it's a sad, bittersweet kind of pain.

Ai Takahashi's graduation and Berryz Kobo's breakup made me feel sad, but they had been in the company for 10 years each and led them strongly through tough times. Seeing Riho and Meimi leave their groups this year sucked and felt premature, but they're ace performers with bigger dreams in mind, so I was happy for them. Manakan's early departure is just sad all around, as there's nothing anyone could do about those kind of health issues.

Kanon Suzuki's graduation is probably the first one that left me feeling bitter and frustrated.

I know she wasn't the most popular in the group. She wasn't the best singer or dancer, and her personality mellowed out quickly after her first year. But damn, I still thought she deserved better treatment from management and general fans. Too many snide comments and criticisms about her weight (compare and contrast with the "poor Ayumin" jokes that were actually meant to be endearing to Ishida), getting essentially erased from the "Seishun Kozo" and "Yuugure" music videos instead of at least getting some non-dance close-up shots the way Karin did for "Ijiwaru", her weight rebound late last year that wasn't monitored...and now the Emotion in Motion DVD cover not even featuring a photo of her! :angry: WHAT IS THIS SHIT

Despite her shortcomings, she still had lots of unfulfilled potential and flashes of brilliance. She had a strong voice that, given a bit more control and appropriate notes, could have rivaled the best H!P singers at times...I especially loved how she essentially didn't even need solo lines on singles, because she could easily be heard singing over the others! And, as corroborated by other members, I can say from first hand experience that her smile really does have healing powers! I was pretty much struck stupid when I saw her coming out of arrivals at the JFK Airport in 2014 (and on that note, how awesome was it that she was the first one to come out that day). There's a reason why I tagged her as the Medic when I compared Morning Musume '13 to Team Fortress 2 classes! (anyone who wanted to tag her as the Heavy needed to do a better job knowing her and her group, dammit)

And really, in an industry full of stick-thin waifs, her extra weight could've been flipped and leveraged as an alternative selling point (instead of the variety show "pocchari" joke target)! She was one of the more well-endowed members of Momusu, almost comparable to bombshell Fukuchan, and could've been the next Ai Shinozaki had she stuck around a bit longer. Of course, I did enjoy seeing her slim down last year, because she did look incredibly beautiful in a downsized form when "Oh My Wish!" came around...

Admittedly, it was mainly first impressions in 2011 that kept me loyal to her over the years. The telephone skit during the 9th gen auditions, the silly impressions and ponytail goofiness, getting assigned my favorite color as her member color, it seemed like a natural choice to follow her. Plus her early penchant for smallness gave me something to relate to: the bug impressions, her Pocket Morning answer saying she'd enjoy being tiny, and the fairy photoshoot she had for Hello! Channel magazine:

(fun fact: by sheer coincidence the fairy wings I bought for my own costume projects are the same model as the ones she had here)

Also admittedly, part of my frustration is with myself too, as I know I could've been more active with following her performances and radio show and stuff. I even whipped up a drawing in Houston (commemorating my two favorite moments of hers) with plans to give it to her directly, but awkwardness and sleep deprivation complicated things. :( Hopefully she still got to see it in the last fanwork collection album submitted to UFA (or even if she's lurking online).

Whether she really did want to quit to pursue social work goals, or was simply frustrated with idol life and wanted out...whatever the truth is, I hope she's happy now and taking it easy at her own pace. She deserved better, but I'm glad to have seen her part of Morning Musume, and glad that I at least got to see and meet her in person twice. お疲れ様でした、香音ちゃん!

(and of course happy belated 18th birthday)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:57:36 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Mirror Mirror