JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL

Author Topic: The Matsuura Aya Thread (松浦亜弥)  (Read 171716 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
The Matsuura Aya Thread (松浦亜弥)
« on: August 18, 2005, 11:31:40 AM »
OK... I think most of us here already know who H!P's sexiest soloist is. Since she needs so little by way of introduction, I'll just steal one from the wiki:

"Matsuura Aya is a female Japanese popular music artist who was born on June 25, 1986 in Himeji, Hyogo Prefecture. Dispite popular belief, Aya Matsuura actually did not audition Morning Musume, and ended up being turned down. the only audition rejectee's that were brought back were the 1st generation Momusu members, along with Miki Fujimoto and Mai Satoda (of Country Musume fame) during the 4th generation Momusu auditions.

Aya auditioned in 2001, and became the 4th member/group selected to be in the "little sister" portion of Morning Musume (I'm guessing that the little sisters eventually became what is now known as Hello! Project); Another H!P group, Sheki Dol also came out of the 4th audition. After being chosen from that audition, Aya Matsuura began her Solo career, with which, after time that is, she would become one of H!P's biggest acts, aside from Natsumi Abe (<-- Asmodai: ???).

Asides from a successful solo career, Aya Matsuura (nicknamed Ayaya) has also done numerous collaborations with other members of Hello! Project, including one-time groups Gomattou with Maki Goto and Miki Fujimoto, and Nochiura Natsumi with Maki Goto and Natsumi Abe of Morning Musume fame. She's also done the "Folk Song" series which feature Yuko Nakazawa and other H!P artists, as well as Hello! Project's shuffle groups (Ayaya was placed in 3-nin Matsuri for 2001, Odoru 11 in 2002, Salt 5 in 2003, and the larger H!P All Stars in 2004)."

All of which is factually correct, and all of which you already knew if you were an Ayaya fan, and don't care about if you aren't.

So, moving on then.

Ayaya in addition to being really hot and super cute (watch the Ne~é PV if you don't believe me) also is the subject of some more interesting facts:
  • Ayaya is the only H!P member to have posed publically with a Space Monkey.

Ayaya (Tropical Koishiteru) beats Country Musume (Uwaki no Honey Pie) in tennis on a regular basis.

Masa will add interesting stuff to this thread since I'm out of stuff to talk about without getting really redundant and boring.[/list]

ETA: daigong sez Aya official blog:

http://blog.oricon.co.jp/ayablog

and Twitter @matsuura_aya
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:38:03 AM by daigong »

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
「 Ayaya 」 OFFICIAL CHAT THREAD
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 11:45:11 AM »
I've always been quite a big fan of Ayaya, her first single "Dokkidoki! LOVE Mail" was a hit and for good reason. I still find it a really catchy and cute song~

Aya's really evolved greatly since that time, a lot of us have seen her grown from that cute, pint-sized 14 year old to a great woman of today. I guess, one of my most favorite songs from her would be "YOUR SONG ~Seishun Sensei~", but I love a lot of her songs really.

a lot of people have wondered what she's up to now, for those who don't know, she's mostly been doing commercials and promoting a host of other things. I really wish she'd release a more upbeat single soon, she's released 4 ballads in a row. I miss seeing something like "Kiseki no Kaori Dance" or "The Bigaku" from her...she's still young and would still be OK for her to do slightly cutesy upbeat songs.

she should do as much as she can before she hits around Yuko's age (late 20's up to 30+), where doing cutesy songs isn't seen as "right" in a sense for an idol anymore.

but, she did mention she wants to get married in her early 20's like her mother so who knows? she might leave H!P to get married within a few years.

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 01:21:19 PM »
She's awesome alright... but her fake-ish cuteness and over-high-pitched talking voice is already starting to bother me.

If she drops that act, I'll love her more.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Too hot...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 01:50:22 PM »
Ohh I like Ayaya's fun bouncy songs.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 04:14:44 PM »
Wow, I didn't know about the tennis thing! Thanks for the info!  :)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 02:59:01 AM »
Quote from: shirenu
Ohh I like Ayaya's fun bouncy songs.

Yessssssss.  Ayaya's fun "bounciness".  :P  :P  :P  Me likey bery bery much!!!  :twisted:  :jerk:  :twisted:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 09:00:13 AM »
yay. i love both her happy fun songs and ballads. i like her annoying high pitched voice for some reason, and her voice when she sings the ballads is just oooh so great.

she's great on Minna no Terebi.. singing all kinds of songs from Puffy to Orange Range and doing those weird skits with Aoki Sayaka. horay. she makes that show worth watching.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 03:02:17 PM »

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 01:26:40 AM »
Ayays does not pretend to be cute she is cute. She does not go around saying that she is cute like sayumi. That act has gone on for way too long. There are hp singers that I won't name that have high pitched voices that annoy me.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 05:30:06 AM »
Quote from: claymore
Ayays does not pretend to be cute she is cute. She does not go around saying that she is cute like sayumi. That act has gone on for way too long. There are hp singers that I won't name that have high pitched voices that annoy me.

I agree that she doesn't go to the lengths of Sayumi to show off her cuteness and doesn't mention it every 5 seconds, but you have to admit she's quite vain.  :lol:

in the 2004 H!M New Year's special, Miki (one of Aya's closest friends) mentioned that Aya likes to look at herself in the mirror a lot, even when they're talking and there's a mirror nearby, Aya will check her image out a lot of the time. Miki also mentioned that Aya constantly looked in the mirror near the camera when they were taping.

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 03:47:57 PM »
Aya has to make sure she looks good on camera. Rika and sayumi act vain and cute almost all time and that is excepted by many fans. Sayumi's whole gimmick is cuteness without that she would have nothing.There are always complaints about aya being vain but that hardly ever shows up on tv now.  Miki likes to tease aya and because she mentioned the mirror story aya got more camera time. I think she planned it that way. In almost every ayaya message thread on forums there is almost always insulting things said about her. If aya was a mm member or former mm member there would be less complaints about her. But she would have less of a career and would not be as popular.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 05:12:20 PM »
Quote from: claymore
If aya was a mm member or former mm member there would be less complaints about her.

Well, that's BS. Look at how much people complain about Sayu, Aibon, Nono, Takahashi, and have complained about Rika, and 5th gen in general... And they all are or have been in Momusu. What Ayaya gets is nothing compared to what some MM chicks have got. Just wanted to bring this up to be fair.

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 07:30:44 PM »
One of the things people that dislike ayaya like to say is that she was not good enough to be in mm because they think she auditioned for mm. Then they compare her to mm members and say that those members are better then her. That is one of the reasons that I stay away from alot of ayaya threads and don't post in them. I was not sure that I should post in this one.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 08:05:01 PM »
Well, this is basically an Ayaya love thread so I don't think there should be a reason to worry about that here. :) Just spread the love, post fun things!

Offline yami

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 02:05:29 AM »
Waaaah, ayaya is soo cute! ^_^ I loved her cheerful and happy songs like ne~e? and yeah! meccha holiday, but the newer ones are great too! I think she's a really good singer. Can't wait for ki ga tsukeba anata :)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2005, 11:00:14 AM »
Quote from: yami
Waaaah, ayaya is soo cute! ^_^

*looks at post count*

Welcome, yami!! :lol:

Offline yami

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 03:38:04 PM »
yay, thank you shirenu! ^_^

Aaaaa, I just watched kurokami no onna! :shock: It was scary! Although it's still daylight and I'm not even alone at home, but it still was..

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005, 07:07:35 PM »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 08:49:06 PM »
Thanks to Masa for the covers and to ~Dan~ for the Flets.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 11:26:29 AM »
Ayaya's 2006 calendar cover:

Order there ~ http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=2006CL-4

Thanks for the radio rip, Masa!

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL