JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yezi - Sse Sse Sse (feat. Gilme, KittiB, Soomin)

Author Topic: Nameless Nights, 04  (Read 9915 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Nameless Nights, 02
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 06:20:14 AM »
Maki and "the rookie" = :lol:

Konkon threatening to make Mako sleep on the floor + Mako's scared reaction = :on lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 06:45:55 AM »
The 'rookie' sounds like Reina to me.. kind of hinting her personality in the way she talks...
I'm really curious on who 'ojou-sama' is but have a gut feeling that its Mikitty...
and the unconscious girl is Rika.. or the other way around..  XD

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 10:50:31 AM »
The rookie is without a doubt Reina (Yankee squat and yankee atitude) but it wwould be really funny if it was someone else..... But I am rethinking my previous guesses. Wouldve posted this earlier but I was too lazy/busy with typing up the fic ppl told me to type up coz they couldnt read.....
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Nameless Nights, 03
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 10:52:53 PM »
As shit tends to find its way into my life, I'm really sorry for the delay. Your comments were encouraging, though... *laughs at your wrong guesses* Lol, just kidding. :P

Now, I present to you...

Chapter 03 : A changing situation.

“Hello stranger.”

Eyes met eyes but there seems to be something seriously disturbing about what she sees. Much to her dismay, she was feeling incredibly drained and groggy. Saving her desire to remove the sight before her with her fist, she stared back at the disturbingly happy expression with a frown, hoping that the face would understand the meaning behind it.

“Mako-chan, you’re scaring the guest.” Well, the face didn’t, but someone else did. Immediately after the scolding, the sight she felt displeased with was removed from before her.

“What are you getting so worked up for? I was just greeting her.” Makoto pouted and moved aside with her arms folded. It was natural to be upset, having been given lack of better treatment from her best friend since the arrival of their guest. Not that she was being the least useful to them both however. Overall, Makoto naively concluded that it was just fair like this anyway.

“Looking at someone with only a few centimeters of space between your faces isn’t called a greeting, Mako-chan. It’s creepy.”

“But Konkon don’t seem to mind it.”

“But that’s just what you think.” Konkon grinned secretively before sitting down beside the bedridden guest. “And how are you today?”

“Irritated” She grumbled, somehow unable to form any further coherent sentences both literally and mentally. Shutting her eyes tightly, she turns over in hopes of being left alone.

“She’s grumpy. Could you get me a wet cloth or something to clean her up?” Makoto instantly gave her best friend a salute and scurried off to gather what was needed. Meanwhile, Konno insisted on helping her guest up to a sitting position.

“Just let me be.” The person spoke, head tilted downwards as her eyes remained closed. She folded her arms over her stomach in attempt to protect herself from being touched.

“Aren’t you depressing today? Come on, we need to get you clean up.” Konno tugged at the person’s arms and took the wet cloth that Makoto had delivered and wiped down the grim covered limb. It was quite a struggle when the other insisted on having her arm back.

“Konkon, want me to hold her down for you?” Makoto offered happily, finally having a chance to be helpful. Before Konno could protest to the act of roughness, their guest had forcefully pulled back her arm and despite every cell in her body being uncooperative, she managed to hurry off from the bed and out of the first exit she sees. She would not stay to be ridiculed and handled like this.

The escape didn’t succeed as both peasants quickly heard a loud thud outside. Recovering from their surprise, they ran out to find the woman they had before saved now unconscious on the ground, blood seeping out from under her.

“Oh god, her wounds opened!”

“Don’t stand there and gap, help me carry her back in before she bleeds to death.”

~ ~ ~ ~

“Is it really alright like this?”

Hidden under a hood, a woman questioned with much uncertainty. Beside her was a girl of a smaller stature walking confidently with the least of worries in her hands.

“You know, I had expected more from you.” The younger girl looked up, her eyes shadowed by her own headdress but an adolescent frown was visible through the curve of her lips.

“I don’t understand.”

“My plan is foolproof. And you, my leader, have given us the permission to go through with it yet now you’re asking if it’s ‘alright’?” The girl crossed her arms and turned away from her leader to watch the road.

“I’m just afraid of the plan falling short.”

“Have more confidence in me, would you? And yourself.” She turned her head towards the elder and sighed. No response other than a defeated sigh came from the other, but even if there were a nod of agreement, it would nevertheless mean the same.

“Come on guys, keep alert and look out for anything suspicious.” That was something different that the young girl had not expected.

“That’s it.” The girl smiled proudly at her leader's sudden orders, feeling encouraged by the group’s spirited reply. “If we keep up the act, we’ll be able to return safely.”

“The loot here is important to the guild regardless. I wouldn’t want it to be undelivered after all that we’ve done to attain it. So I do trust you, it’s the only thing I can do now, right?”

“Thank you.” The girl intended to add something else, but a call from ahead caught her attention.

“Tanaka-sama!” It was a scout, disguised as a plain merchant who came running towards them in a panic.

“What do you have to report?” Tanaka demanded quickly, giving the man no time to catch his breath.

“There had been words leaked from the constable office of men sent to keep an eye out for us along this trail, and I’ve seen a couple suspicious figures lurking ahead.”

“How suspicious?” Tanaka pushed on, not satisfied with what she’s being informed on yet.

“They are… sitting on a tree branch, Sir.” The man answered awkwardly, causing his superior to raise a curious brow.

“Alright then, go back to your post.” The man bowed and ran ahead as instructed. Tanaka on the other hand had stopped everyone’s movement and stayed still in thought, slightly musing over the tree branch.

“Keep your weapons at bay and be prepared for anything.” The leader assisted and made her orders clear for everyone to hear, surprising her partner. “If we keep calm and move on as planned, they wouldn’t suspect a thing, right?”

“That’s my line.” Tanaka looked up, feeling offended by being copied. “But you’re right. Let’s carry on, as usual.” She took a deep breath and started moving forward, a dagger clutched tightly in her hidden hand.

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 06:22:16 AM »
*smaks own face* OH MY GOD HOW COULD I NOT HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE? IT'S MIKI! THE FISHED GIRL IS MIKI! GAH! and is that two new characters or Yoshi and 'the miracel'?
YEY FIRST COMMENT! AND YEY @ UPDATE! I LUVED IT! CANT WAIT FOR A NEW ONE!
 The last part is confusing.....

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 07:09:35 AM »
Bleeding wounds? Damn she must have gotten cut up pretty badly when she was unconscious in the water.  Also, being independant is good and all, but there ARE sometimes when you should just let someone take care of you. :yep:

Still not sure what the "mission" is, exactly.  By the looks of it, it'll be interesting to find out.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 12:16:52 PM »
*hinthint* Let's see...
Second half of Chapter 3 links to the previous chapter, so go figure.
I'm left with bringing in the rest of the 4th and 6th Gen girls.

Come on... a little more comments and I canstart on the next chapter XD

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 01:33:39 PM »
iyaaah.. poor thing.. how many wounds does she have... must be really painful..
Waiiiit a minute.. so Tanaka-sama is Reina right?? and she's not with Maki?

“There had been words leaked from the constable office of men sent to keep an eye out for us along this trail, and I’ve seen a couple suspicious figures lurking ahead.”

“How suspicious?” Tanaka pushed on, not satisfied with what she’s being informed on yet.

“They are… sitting on a tree branch, Sir.” The man answered awkwardly, causing his superior to raise a curious brow.
Lol... seeing two people sitting on a tree branch would be pretty suspicious to me too.. They might get mistaken for pervs.. XD and the 'Sir' was misleading.. i thought Tanaka-sama was a guy.  :sweatdrop:

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »
hmm, maybe Yuko or Mari is with maki, and Tanaka I thought was gonna be Reinas dad (from the 'SIR") but since it might be Reina, she could be the one with Yoshi or something, and Mari and maki 2gether, but since you said the whole "rest of 4th and 6th gen....." I'm starting to think that Rika might squeeze in there somewhere. Aaaargh can't think sraight with my stooopid mum yelling at me :'(

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »
Ok, ok:
She stumbled back carelessly, giving momentum to the withdrawing sword that pierced through her by the hands of the person who stole a kiss from her. She struggled to keep her balance, clawing at her attacker in hopes of pulling the other down with her if it shall come to that. In the process, she felt her nails graze across what seems like flesh, easily having created a cut on that surface without her knowing.
Not until now had she noticed that it was there. A scar an inch long bore into her cheeks, an injury that hardly inflicted any pain when caused. Lifting her slender fingers, the warrior touched the wound gently only to quickly retract her arm when there was a knock to her room.
So with this I'm pretty sure the one who "kill" that girl in the episode 0 was Yossy
“You finally got the guts to exterminate that clan.”
Why Maki would be asking her this? Maybe Yossy developed some feelings for that girl? This make me think that maybe the story of Konkon and Makoto is like the past, and the girl who "died" in Episode 0 was Mako-chan, and the girl who Makoto and Konkon found was Yossy and that finding was planned, the injuries were to make it more real, but maybe Yossy lost her memory temporaly but when she recovered it, she remembered her mission and tada!!!! (but maybe I'm wrong in all  XD)

About the second episode related with this, the ones in the carriage  that Maki and the rookie heard in the episode 2 are Tanaka and the other woman, just like the ones that seems suspicious to Tanaka's tripulation are Maki and the rookie

This would sound crazy but I think that the one who is with Maki is Sayumi, I mean Sayumi have guts to confront Miki (I always say that she has an evil side) and the Yoshizawa-sama is something I would expect from her

“Is it really alright like this?”

Hidden under a hood, a woman questioned with much uncertainty. Beside her was a girl of a smaller stature walking confidently with the least of worries in her hands.

“You know, I had expected more from you.” The younger girl looked up, her eyes shadowed by her own headdress but an adolescent frown was visible through the curve of her lips.
With this I discard that it would be Reina's father, so maybe the sir was a little mistake... now I say that the girl is Reina and the woman is Ai-chan, she's Reina's leader but that uncertainty in the character was something that reinforced my guess

Hoping more of this fic... I usually don't post like this (one of the reasons is my poor knowledge of english) but your fic is pretty good and...
*hinthint* Let's see...
Second half of Chapter 3 links to the previous chapter, so go figure.
I'm left with bringing in the rest of the 4th and 6th Gen girls.

Come on... a little more comments and I canstart on the next chapter XD
I know that when a writer ask for comments, the least we readers can do is WRITE A COMMENT  I wouldn't like the idea of you stoping writing because we didn't contribute at least in this

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
Im not sure about this. I thought that chapter 0 was set after the story, at the end and was to be picked up in the last chapters. Like in movies where they start at the end or aftermath and then get to the start to explain how things hapened, then back to the present to show what will happen next, which follows on from the start. Kinda like the messed up timeline of "grudge 2". And besides, I imagined the scratch on another body part..... possibly an arm or something. And I think in the end it's gonna show the real "Killer" ;) But I don't wanna say too much so.....

Oh and I hope you keep updating, you are doing great!

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »
hint : Mmmm... This story at present does not consist of time skips. :)

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 07:05:57 AM »
so its all going forward from the time that it started? (slaps own face) Then that means the banged up chick is...... and then...........ohohohohoh I got it! And then you are gonna go back to the start and explain it if I am correct with my hint catching. YEY. PS please update again soon.I'll be waiting!

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Nameless Nights, 04
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 12:59:41 AM »
Wow, I'm tired. This chapter... too abrupt? Too little/much? Not enough everyone else?

Well, just gotta wait for Chapter 5 then.

sate, douzo. :)

Chapter 4: Fragments of a past.

The young samurai was thinking solemnly to herself, her attention fully drawn to the contents of her wonders while her body moved through the labyrinth-like manor, its every corner and ends long etched to the depths of her memory, never had been forgotten even till now.

Each step was heavy, as though her straw footwear were made of metal plates and concrete soles. Her insides struggled in a personal war of contradictions as the unchanging expression she held refrained from exposing the battle wounds.

The more she walked, the more isolated her surroundings became. No longer did she pass by the ever so mysterious covert members that would give her looks of mistrust, or the training grounds where novices would quaver in their training boots at someone far more superior than themselves.

A Zen garden soon greeted her, as peaceful in ambiance as it should always be. She felt herself calm down as she crossed the bridge that connected the different sections of the manor together above the sea of white sand.

Following the one-way corridor that led towards a lonely yet extravagant home, the warrior’s journey was gradually accompanied by music of the common people. She followed the melody until a single sliding door granted her no further movement.

Lifting her arm, she knocked gently on the wooden pane that held the thin translucent paper together. The music stop immediately with a surprised twang to the strings of the instrument used and a pained whimper found its way to the warrior’s sensitive ears.

“Is... Is someone there?”

An unusual question compared to the usual “who is it” was asked from inside the room.

“It’s me.”

“Goto-san?”

“No…”

There was a curious hum from behind the white sheets as the door slowly begins to slide open before the warrior, a well-combed head peeking out from between the gap.

A gasp before the door completely flew open, revealing a well-endowed woman dressed elegantly from head to toe. Dreary eyes literally popping open at the uninvited guest.

“Yo… Yoshi…” All the woman could do was stammer incoherently, the name fooling with her tongue as it tries to escape with each attempt of being articulated. “Yocchan…?” Finally, what she had been looking for flowed out intimately as a whisper.

The samurai nodded and immediately gasped in surprise as the refined woman lunged towards her into a tight hug without any hesitation.

Wait.

She pulled away just as quickly with a worried face.

“I’m not hallucinating again, am I?”

The woman lifted her slender hands to touch the warrior’s face, feeling her cheeks that had sunk in slightly, the rough texture of her skin that had weathered many changes, and those eyes that reflected her own; they were somehow not as gentle as it had once been.

“They told me then that you had left for a mission, but it’s been years! I thought maybe you… I’ve never believed it.”

“It’s real, I’m here.”

Yoshizawa cupped the hands that held her face and pulled it away softly and reassuringly, holding them in midair. It felt like the right thing to do, but the taller of the two felt something missing. Every word she says and every move she makes now... she doesn’t know why she is doing them anymore yet she’s doing them all the same.

“Yocchan, I missed you. I’ve missed…”

The woman whispered shyly and leaned forward on her tipped toes, hoping to meet her old acquaintance’s lips with her own. The other did nothing to escape it and accepted the contact willingly.

It was different. It was warm, soft, and innocent. The warrior remembers stolen kisses and playful touches. She remembered nights that consisted of these, and she remembers the lips that she had unconsciously pressed against in response. None of these however matched, being nothing but unlinked memories.

It was only a matter of time when either one decides to pull away. Yoshizawa made it her choice to be the one to do so while her hands were still clasped around the smaller and much smoother ones.

“I’m home, Rika.”

~ ~ ~ ~

Her arms were weak, no thanks to the uncountable days and nights that she had slept through which did nothing to replenish her strength. Despite so, she still insisted to running a finger across her lower lip, the sensation of something weighing on it still lingering with her.

Her hands closed into a tight grudge-filled fist as her mind refreshes scenes that she did the least to welcome. She was anything but a weakling, so how could she have allowed herself to fall into something as pathetic as what she is now…?

“Stranger-san! It’s time to go.”

If it wasn’t for the happy-go-lucky call from a distance, she wouldn’t have remembered that she was now sitting by the shore that borders the ocean, or that she had actually came with someone, or even the fact that she was still bandaged quite poorly. She had almost forgotten that she was injured rather badly a few days ago.

“There you are!” Said companion commonly known to her as ‘Mako-chan’ or more formally, Ogawa Makoto, ran up to her with her infamous fishing net and smiled. “Isn’t it great to be walking about again? That way you wouldn’t completely degrade into tofu while you heal.”

”Don’t you have a better analogy?”

“What’s ana-lo-gy?”

She cringed at the simple mind of the peasant and struggled to get up instead of explain herself. Makoto on the other hand, quickly hurried to assist the recuperating woman.

“Be careful! We don’t want you splitting your guts open again.”

“I can assure you that it would not happen!” With all her stubbornness, she refused to move in the same pace as Makoto. Unfortunately, it only resulted in a sharp splitting sensation tearing across her abdomen. She winced hard and fell limp, falling forward slightly if it wasn’t for a pair of helping arms that promptly stretched out to help her.

“You see! Konkon said specifically that you shouldn’t strain yourself even if you’re already conscious and able to move again. Why won’t you listen?” Makoto scolded like an upset parent as she helped her companion up again. She was thankful that nothing serious actually happened though.

“What do you know?” The hardheaded woman countered, struggling to get her legs into motion again.

“I know that if you carry on being like this… I’ll have to make you listen by force.”

“Yeah right, like I’d be afraid of you.”

“I’d throw you into the ocean as fish food if you won’t cooperate.”

“You wouldn’t dare.” The older woman laughed at the ludicrous claim.

“I’d be dumb enough to try.” Makoto smirked confidently, tightening her grip on the other’s arm that she held on to.

“Ow…” The injured woman winced at the pressure and shrugged to show that she wasn’t going to play along. In reality though, she was actually convinced that Makoto would truly have her be treated as fish food, by mistake.

“So… let’s talk while we walk.” Makoto suggested upon noticing the prolonged silence, though personally feeling proud of having conquered the stubborn mule that she was assisting at the moment for once.

“I’d rather not.”

“You’d rather hear me babble for the next 20 minutes then?”

“Okay, fine. What do you want to talk about?”

“I’d really, really like to know your name actually.”

“Is it necessary?”  Makoto nodded enthusiastically, no intention of pulling away her excited look until she’s given a satisfactory answer.

“Of course it is! If you were to wander out some day and faint on the street, I’d at least know who I should be looking for. Or if your grave needs a name, things like that. You know…”

“You can’t be serious.”

“What else can I be?”

“N-never mind.”

“Come on, it’s just a name.”

”Fine!” The elder grunted and reluctantly nodded, “Fine… it’s Fujimoto. Fujimoto Miki.”

“Such a cute name,” Makoto mused, “I hope you would cooperate with us from now on, Fujimoto-san.”

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 03:49:16 AM »
oooh update!  :w00t:

Yoshizawa cupped the hands that held her face and pulled it away softly and reassuringly, holding them in midair. It felt like the right thing to do, but the taller of the two felt something missing. Every word she says and every move she makes now... she doesn’t know why she is doing them anymore yet she’s doing them all the same.

“Yocchan, I missed you. I’ve missed…”

The woman whispered shyly and leaned forward on her tipped toes, hoping to meet her old acquaintance’s lips with her own. The other did nothing to escape it and accepted the contact willingly.

It was different. It was warm, soft, and innocent. The warrior remembers stolen kisses and playful touches. She remembered nights that consisted of these, and she remembers the lips that she had unconsciously pressed against in response. None of these however matched, being nothing but unlinked memories.

It was only a matter of time when either one decides to pull away. Yoshizawa made it her choice to be the one to do so while her hands were still clasped around the smaller and much smoother ones.

“I’m home, Rika.”
Aww Rika comes in the picture now.. But it seems like they're not that close anymore, if they were really close. Its because of the mission huh? It's always the reason they fall apart..  :(

“Come on, it’s just a name.”

”Fine!” The elder grunted and reluctantly nodded, “Fine… it’s Fujimoto. Fujimoto Miki.”

“Such a cute name,” Makoto mused, “I hope you would cooperate with us from now on, Fujimoto-san.”
Aah~! Miki! I was kinda right with my guess..  :sweatdrop: She's as stubborn as always.. ahh.. And Mako's dumb?  XD

good chap! a few more of my faves are revealed!!  :D it felt kinda short to me though.. or is it just me?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 04:14:54 AM »
By the looks of it, Yossi and Rika had always been close, and Rika evidently felt much more for Yossi than she probably realized (judging by her reaction to what Rika did). The fact that Yossi didn't resist or pull away shows that she herself probably feels the same way about Rika, though perhaps she hasn't consciously realized/admitted it to herself.

So it was Miki that was fished out of the water by Mako. She must therefore have been the woman from the prologue, right?  What was it that was after her then?

Oh, and LULZ at Miki and Mako's playfully sarcasm-laid dialogue. :lol:

Hmmm...wonder why Rika's initially thought that it was Maki that knocked on her door? Is she Rika's bodyguard... or possibly, something more? :O

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 04:28:36 AM »
Hmmm...wonder why Rika's initially thought that it was Maki that knocked on her door? Is she Rika's bodyguard... or possibly, something more?
Wow I completely skipped that part I didn't realise until now..  :sweatdrop:

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 04:31:27 AM »
I knew it! It's MIKI! Now to actually read it.....

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »
Something more? A love quadruple with Maki? :o

Probably not. I need her in another part of the story where she *spoilerspoilerspoiler* with the GoRokkies and get yelled at XD

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 01:23:22 PM »
I think I know what hapened now! Let's see, about a year ago, Yoshi and Rika were together, then Yoshi went on that mission where she (i think but have not much evidence to support this otehr than the beggining) fell in love with Miki, but she had to carry out her mission to kill her. That's where it gets interesting, she fell in love and cant do it. Under pressure though she is forced to give up her true love or something and she attempts to kill Miki. What she doesn't realise is that she is still alive and probably looking for her..... <3 Oh the drama! I luv it! Luv drama! And have a huge imagination..... ergo the thing I just came up with. I think I am mostly right. Lol, I was right about Rika having a part! yey! I had a feeling she would show up eventually..... Don't know why..... if this post spoils too much feel free to delete it....or tell me to..... Either way, I'd love it if you told me, so Im not confused going "Who tha hell deleted this?"

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yezi - Sse Sse Sse (feat. Gilme, KittiB, Soomin)