JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Shan Shan Re Ren Ai (Glittering Arouses Love)

Author Topic: Heavy Meta-san!  (Read 3699 times)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Heavy Meta-san!
« on: March 18, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »
Heavy meta-san is a variety show featuring Megadeth's former guitarist, Marty Friedman. They discuss Rock & Roll and Metal music, as well as play a few games. There's not too much discussion, so it's very non-Japanese-speaker friendly. It also features Kumada Yoko, and some not-so-significant guy (lol). Of course, there's a part where Marty plays traditional Japanese tunes on his guitar, adding metal riffs to em.

I posted an ep in The Asshole. This one had Yashiro Aki, who's an enka singer. It's interesting to watch, and of course, don't miss the awesome medley they perform. Enka singing and metal aren't that incompatible after all, lol.

Offline Failan

• Member+
Heavy Meta-san!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »
OMG  :w00t:  That's AWESOME !!!

I love Marty Friedman, I always thought the Megadeth Line-up with him was the best they ever had!

And I also love Enka, I would love to see that :)  

Could you please make it accessible to me too?  :)
Since I don't have access to the Asshole so far...

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Heavy Meta-san!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 09:02:41 AM »
i like the game where Yoko has the headphones on and she hums the song and stuffs...

awesome show. they get some really cool guests.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Heavy Meta-san!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 09:07:59 AM »
Yoko sucks ass at that :lol:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Heavy Meta-san!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 02:59:03 AM »
that's what makes it so great  :lol:
i lol'd when she was trying to do Crazy Doctor on the Sex Machineguns episode

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Shan Shan Re Ren Ai (Glittering Arouses Love)