JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Geskia - Silence Fiction

Author Topic: [03/03] Idoling!!! 3rd album [Sunrise]  (Read 24572 times)

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
Re: [03/03] Idoling!!! 3rd album [Sunrise]
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »
Always being one for the high-level, intellectual analysis of things musical...   :oops:

On the DVD with the Premium edition, in the performance - the girls spend a while getting excited about someone's sox - which the cameraman focuses on up close but the editors have censored!   :shocked

Can someone please give us nihongo wa hanashimasen types a quick low-down on wtf is going on there?  Like, what was on the sox?

See - told you my contribution would really set the standard!   :wth

Offline kelba

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 12:39:30 AM »
3do me no kinenbi  :thumbsup  I love this song!

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:32 AM »
Can someone please give us nihongo wa hanashimasen types a quick low-down on wtf is going on there?  Like, what was on the sox?
There's nothing wrong on the sock, I think it's just a sponsor problem.

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
  • I'm Ai Kawashima, Idoling!!! & Ebisu Muscats Fans.
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
Substantially, I feel the 3rd album is better than 2nd album, because most song's melody of 3nd album is easy remember!

Because I usually use headphone or earphone to listen music, so I'm wondering which headphone/earphone is BEST for listen Idoling!!!'s song???
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:36:22 PM by Ayabie »

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
SUNRISE CD BOOKLET

thanks to kirarinmania @kaskus.us for the scans

Offline boeloe

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
SUNRISE PREMIUM BONUS PHOTOBOOK

Offline boeloe

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 09:30:21 PM »
Substantially, I feel the 3rd album is better than 2nd album, because most song's melody of 3nd album is easy remember!

Because I usually use headphone or earphone to listen music, so I'm wondering which headphone/earphone is BEST for listen Idoling!!!'s song???

hehehe..
nice question..
i prefer Sennheiser HD555 for listening music...or u can trying AKG K 271 MK II...
 :nervous :nervous :nervous

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 04:07:28 AM »

hehehe..
nice question..
i prefer Sennheiser HD555 for listening music...or u can trying AKG K 271 MK II...
 :nervous :nervous :nervous

Thanks for suggestion! I only tried some audio-technica's headphone, it's pretty sound for female voice.

Finially I take some photos of the SUNRISE album:

Offline boeloe

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2010, 01:28:24 PM »

Thanks for suggestion! I only tried some audio-technica's headphone, it's pretty sound for female voice.

Finially I take some photos of the SUNRISE album:

hehhe..
nice headphone man... :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
very nice i think..
because audio-techina is one of product that using for monitoring recording...
and i think that headphone is good quality...
 :yossi:

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2010, 06:28:28 PM »
I have been meaning to write a review of this since I got the album back in March but never got around to doing it. But here is finally...:

Prologue ~reminiscent of moonlight~ - It is kinda ok. Nothing special

SUNRISE – Nice track. Nothing special to be honest

Kishuhen Ecstasy – I first heard of this song when watching the live clip at the beginning of an Idoling!!! Episode. Man, it rocks. I actually don’t know if I will like this song as much if I have not seen the performance first but I really am in love. It’s just so catchy

Te no Hira no Yuuki – I really prefer this to the more energetic Love Magic, probably because most of my favourite members are in the team:)

U – Very peaceful and pleasant to one to listen to for sure.

Sunadokei – Thought it’s ok. Doesn’t stand out to me much.

Snow celebration -everlasting story- Never a big fan of remix of songs from previous album. Feel a bit like a cop-out and just pure filler

3-dome no Kinenbi – Love this song. I am a sucker for good ballad and this one is right up there. Very catchy chorus and good harmony all the way through. Nice to hear the live version of this in the 8th concert too. It's just great to see that the girls have definitely come a long way from the early days as seen in Idoling!!! shows circa 2007:)

La・La・La La no SONG – Originally thought it’s one quirky song. Pretty different from anything else out there but  it is very refreshing to have this in there though. This seems like a tradition now to have Masuno penning  something out of the left-field and add it in. Seeing this live in the 8th concert just makes me appreciate the song so much more though! Anyone who may not enjoy the song just listening to it should go check out that performance (Maipuru totally rocks!)

Love Magic♥Fever ~Love Love Magic Hyper Mix~ - I like the random words/sentences they say throughout. Another amazingly energetic track and catchy as hell.

Houkago Telepathy ~Inokori Hoshuu Mix~ - What a contrast to U! This is what I love about Idoling!!!, the amount of contrast it can put out. Typical energetic song put out by the group but I can’t get enough of this type anyway so it’s all good.

Rainy Girl – Would like to echo what Special Need Tricycle mentioned in his review, this really does give a ‘rainy girl’ feel so I guess it succeeds!

Don't be afraid -Director's cut- - Another great song. I do miss the solos that they fo some reason decide to cut out though!

S.O.W. Sense of Wonder – Nice energetic and catchy one to close out the album.

I typically find B-sides in an album more palatable because I can actually restrain myself from listening to it until I got the cd hence to me it is like a new track. Out of all the purely new tracks, apart from Sandome no Kinenbi which I love, I find the rest just so-so. Overall, I really like this album a lot. I love their previous two albums and can certainly count this one as so far my favourite album of 2010:)

PS. It is probably also the first album since I still listened to CD in a stereo (about 8 years back) that I got around to listening to in a non-shuffle order!

Offline paperbed

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 02:37:59 PM »
I'm always shocked... appalled? when people say that SUNRISE and Sunadokei aren't really special songs. I 100% thought the complete opposite. I felt those songs took Idoling!!!'s music to a whole new level of pop. The writing on both songs is top-notch; very rich and complex. A mix as thick as icing with a beautiful array of tasty instruments and vocal tricks.

SUNRISE :: Electronic, futuristic, very sparkly and shiny. Totally matches the album theme / art. The sound effects remind me of giant machines swooping through the air, pistons moving back and forth. The mid-section comes out of nowhere and delivers a string of sexy solos against a powerful background progression and somehow seamlessly glides right back into the original feel.

Sunadokei :: A very summery, island-esque song (despite the fact that the lyrics mention "looking up at the winter sky") that was a surprise for me. This song is ballsy. It delves into a style that Idoling's never touched before and did it with class and sophistication. A nice solid rhythm, a piano solo and subtle programming tricks give the song such a unique character. The mid-section is my highlight of the song. The girls all trade solo lines against a bittersweet backing while a reverse-delay guitar effect mimics time passing and reversing. To cap it all off, a solid ending by Tachibana.

SUNRISE, Sunadokei and 3 Dome no Kinenbi were the three samples from the album that were featured on Acchi Muite Pie! a few days before its release and had me crazy excited about the album. I don't think I need to say much about 3 Dome no Kinenbi; we all know that song is solid as diamond.

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
Idoling!!! will release "SUNRISE" Taiwan Limited Edition in Taiwan at 11Feb2011.

Update on 28-1-2011:
I found the tracklist of the SUNRISE Taiwan Limited Edition from some Taiwan website, it's just same as Standard Edition except the bouns track "eve" in the DVD disc, although it's a Taiwan Edition, but the DVD have not any chinese subtitle, it's so disappointed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:41:15 PM by pern »

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
Probably pointless to write a review of an album that came out a year ago, but I feel the need to release some inner-thoughts while anticipating the upcoming new single and album, so here it is, sort of closing the chapter before getting ready for the next one type of thing.

Prologue-reminiscent of moonlight- - I like the dramatic yet serene melody that fittingly segues into the first track, but it would be a stretch to deem the prologue as the overall tone-setter for the entire album, I'm somewhat indifferent on it as a stand-alone track, and would leave it at that.

SUNRISE - Its unexpected techno-pop sound & high tempo caught me by surprise a bit especially after the prologue, this is the type of a song where you would unconsciously snap your fingers and bobble your head to the snazzy beat to, but not overly pronounced that you'd get tired of listening to it after a while. I felt that this track was holding back a little and didn't fully realize its full potential, so it leaves me a bit stranded inside, but it's certainly one of the better songs on this album.

Kishuhen Ecstasy - Upbeat & high tempo right from the beginning, it almost seems as if this track is trying to pick up the slack left by SUNRISE, and while it succeeds at grabbing immediate attention with energetic sound, I felt that it was too intrusive to the ear, and leaves very little impression other than the constant repeats of the song's chorus. I don't find myself listening to this song much after a year because of its excessively aggressive chorus that gets old real fast.

Te no Hira no Yuuki - To me there are two kinds of ballads, a boring one and not a boring one. Unfortunately, this song falls into the first category, where the melody just felt too soft and plain to my ears. Many ballads also make a mistake where they don't emphasize the vocal part enough, and when that happens the song just feels flat and generic. Singing ballads in a casual tone rarely captures my heart, and this one is no exception.

U - Having said what I've said about the previous track, I should like this song because U certainly has the members singing their hearts out with full emotion in their vocals, but for some reason I just can't get into it, something about this song just makes me cringe, maybe it's because they are trying too hard to sound sad or something. I can't stand superficial sadness if you know what I mean, and with U, this is too much forced sadness in my face which I'm not very susceptible towards. U is not a bad ballad per say, but I just don't feel fully connected to it. There's a very delicate and precise balance within a ballad that has to take place for the song to grab me, it's very difficult to explain...but when it does, I just know it like a second nature instinct.

Sunadokei - This is a very odd track, I don't know if I should listen to it with or without any emotional element. Either way, the melody feels very foreign to me for an Idoling song, whether that is good or bad really depends on the type of music one prefers I would think, I guess this is an ok song, it is unique and sounds snazzy in a way, although I don't know if I like this type of melody as much as say SUNRISE. It's a very peculiar track so I'm not sure how I should categorize it, I just don't think it packs enough punch to be considered as one of Idoling's standouts, so it probably falls somewhere in the middle in overall appeal.

Snow celebration -everlasting story - Never liked the original version, and this one is no exception. To me this song tries to do too much. And this ballad also makes the same mistake by using casual vocals. But maybe it is just me, I really can't stand this type of ceremonial songs.

3-dome no Kinenbi - Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! The music gods have finally awarded me with a golden ballad, it is almost a shame that this song is recorded onto an idol group's album because this song should be considered a solo artist's premiere ballad. This song ranks right up there with any great ballads in terms of composition, vocal harmony, vocal execution, and simply grabbing my heart with full force that I would weep like a little girl on those occasions where I feel emotionally vulnerable. The vocal execution is simply fantastic, just the right amount of assertiveness in tone forms a perfect harmony with the soundtrack, every part of the song feels so natural and perfect, and my goodness the ending melody is simply magnificent, something I've never heard in a song before, it adds precisely what it needs without being too much or too simple, I could listen to this song every day and it would still give me goosebumps. This is the type of song that music enthusiasts yearn to get in touch with on a lifelong basis.

La・La・La La no SONG - Surprisingly high quality and unique for a toy song written by Masuno, probably the best one out of the bunch that he has written for Idoling, however the vocals are simply too playful for my taste. I can tolerate anything in music style except for rap and metal, and this track is sort of a metal rock, but not hardcore enough to automatically dislike, but I would be fooling myself if I would rank this anywhere at the top. I do occasionally feel like listening to it, but no more than that, it's not a bad song, but not something I would be inclined to praise either.

Love Magic♥Fever ~Love Love Magic Hyper Mix~ - Yeah not my type of song, too much sugar candy.

Houkago Telepathy ~Inokori Hoshuu Mix~ - Less sugar candy, but still not my type of song.

Rainy Girl - It's a very decent ballad, but the downfall is that it sounds very generic, and the vocal tone is a bit too casual as well, this ballad could've been very dramatic if the tempo was slower, and the vocals were more aggressive. But it's probably too much to ask for two miracle ballads in one album so I digress...

Don't be afraid -Director's cut - One day I'd like to know why they revise the songs like this where it's different from the single version, but I must say the new ending part is definitely a plus. I rather like this song because it has a little bit of everything without having an identity crisis.

S.O.W. Sense of Wonder - Although it's a bit too pop-ish for my taste, this song has the best overall balance and substance, and definitely worthy of being a single A-side. I like the snappy composition, cheerful vocals with a touch of a ballad-element to it, and that youthful energy in that contemporary Jpop tone without excessive sugar candy. I would almost put this song on the miracle level as well, it's a very polished song without being too superficial, and that's very hard to execute.

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 04:03:55 AM »
No news whatsoever about their 'SUNRISE' release event in Taiwan?  :huhuh

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it on Idoling discussion thread  :P

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:28:09 AM by LarcKen »

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 04:31:20 PM »

Just purchase the Taiwan special version of SUNRISE. As I said before, it's same as the standard version from Japan release execpt the cd have a bonus track "eve", in addition it including a chinese translation leaf and a eve cover photo sticker.

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Geskia - Silence Fiction