JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - La La La

Author Topic: Official Boxing Thread  (Read 78445 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official Boxing Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2009, 12:51:56 PM »
nahhh. Cotto is just HARDCORE!! Mad props to him, he got my respect :puertorico:

MORE SPOILERS!!!!

Cotto was backtracking so bad it was like he was gonna go back in time. BUT BAM! he's prolly one of the few (I seen) that has really landed major uppercuts on Manny.

This fact is mindblowing "Filipino star Manny Pacquiao has become the first boxer in history to win seven world titles in seven weight divisions after beating Miguel Cotto."

No doubt it's Big Money May next.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2009, 03:57:47 AM »
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Interview After Manny Pacquiao vs Cotto - Here's the full video and transcript of the Sky Sports interview of Floyd Mayweather Jr. right after Manny Pacquiao win over Miguel Cotto.

"The thing is with Pacquiao I don't see any versatility as a fighter; he's a good puncher but just one-dimensional."

"When they asked Manny Pacquiao 'would you like to fight Floyd Mayweather' he said talk to my promoter; they didn't ask your promoter they asked you, what do you want to do? Manny Pacquiao was asked the same question 'do you want to fight Floyd Mayweather' three times. This is something the world is trying to force on him. If he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather all he has to do is step up to the plate."

"I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquiao, do you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man'. If I knock him out they'll say 'you're supposed to knock him out he's been knocked out before'."

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before; whatever I do to Pacquiao has been done before - he's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before."

"If I go out and make $60-75 million in one night; come on - I'm not losing. Can Manny Pacquiao beat me? Absolutely not."

"The world's going to go 'wow' if Floyd Mayweather gets beaten. That's what everyone is looking to see. What's going on now at the world of boxing is they're trying to build a fighter, make a fighter that can beat me."

"I don't get no respect in the world of boxing. I do my interviews, you got different fighters that disrespect me, and come in on my interviews, which is not fair. Now Manny Pacquiao when he does his interviews, he can do his interviews for 20 minutes, then they go interview his trainers, and the rest of the people in his team. Now, with me, they interview me, they got guys jumping in, being very disrespectful."

"I'm not saying Cotto is not a good fighter, flat-footed, been in a lot of wars. There's nothing cool about taking punishment. 'Oh, I beat this guy up he beat me up. I got a swell eye, a rip lip, bloody nose, a broken rib, made a few million, and my hand got raised.' There's nothing cool about taking punishment."

"Floyd Mayweather beat 13 world champions, 6 time world champion, in 5 different weight classes, and won official belts. I beat fighters at official classes, and I move up to 130. No different than Manny Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao weigh 106 when he was 16, just like Floyd Mayweather."

"My career is fine, what's so cool is I can take no punishment, no bumps, no bruises. When my career is over I have a job as a commentator, and I will be a great promoter. That's the great thing about my career, I can't speak for other fighter."
ARTICLE LINK - http://www.pacquiaovideo.com/2009/11/floyd-mayweather-jr-interview-after.html

EDIT: Nicely surprised that the video works. :)
Ford UCL Rome Competition
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:01:06 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2009, 05:38:43 AM »
I lol'ed pretty hard.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2009, 04:54:54 AM »

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2009, 06:38:18 AM »
Here's a clip of Manny at his victory celebration party in Hollywood.  Courtesy of the good folks at bakitwhy.com !

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2009, 12:56:36 AM »
I'd follow PacMan anywhere!

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2009, 04:30:01 AM »
Got this in my email today. Fuckin' awesome pic!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »
ROFL!! Marquez pic is the best. Like he's giving birth.

In case y'all haven't seen it yet, here's the British version: http://lix.in/-62cb94

MAKE IT HAPPEN MANNY!!!!

Pacquiao responds to Mayweather's disrespectful comments

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2009, 05:36:03 AM »

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »
That's pretty good. The caption btw said "Here it is! He's even smiling!" at :36.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2009, 07:42:48 PM »
LOOKS LIKE ITS SET!  FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR VS MANNY PACQUIAO - MARCH 13, 2010

edit: from what i've seen, date isn't set yet. Either March 13, or May 1 depending on what Manny Pacquiao wants to do.  But its gonna happen =)  Sooo, this looks like one of Pacman's last fights.  He'll probably retire soon after.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:52:10 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2009, 05:37:48 AM »
Well, with all the pressure he's facing back home to run for political office during the elections that are supposed to happen next summer, it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if he chose to retire.

Anyways...

BEHOLD! The "Mona Pacquiao"...... or "Manny Liza", whichever works better for you. :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: cant picture him with tits

It was gonna be done FO SHO. Mayweather REALLY gotta work for this.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2009, 07:35:40 PM »
TIME Magazine's Person of the Year goes to ...?
Manny Pacquiao!!

And a happy belated 31st birthday!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2009, 05:12:53 AM »
Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports

Nearly every detail is finalized for Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao to fight on March 13 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas but one. That one detail, though, may kill the fight.

Negotiations are at an impasse over Pacquiao’s failure to agree to random Olympic-style drug testing, said Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, on Tuesday.

Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach said his fighter is willing to comply with strict drug-testing standards, but Roach won’t allow Pacquiao to have blood drawn 48 hours before the fight.

Ellerbe said he would not let Mayweather enter the ring unless Pacquiao agreed to it.

Both sides agreed that the drug testing issue is the only hurdle preventing the fight from being finished. Earlier Tuesday, Golden Boy Promotions officially requested March 13 from the Nevada State Athletic Commission to host the show.

“As Floyd’s management, we are insistent that there be a level playing field,” Ellerbe said. “This is in the best interests of the fighters, the fans and the sport. If you want a level playing field, the best way to do it is to have Olympic-style, random drug testing administered by the premier agency in the world, the [United States Anti-Doping Agency].”

Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum said the demand is “absolutely crazy,” done simply to harass Pacquiao, who is squeamish about needles, and is proof that Mayweather doesn’t really want the fight.

Arum said the request has been an unsettled issue since the first day of negotiations last month.

“We’re not going to agree to have Manny give blood in training, because that’s stupid,” Arum said. “Every doctor in the world will tell you that is stupid. He’ll give his blood at the beginning of the year and he’s willing to be urine-tested 24/7, but blood doesn’t show [expletive] and he’s not going to do it.”

In a statement released by his publicist, Mayweather said he is willing to submit to the testing. There was never any suspicion that Pacquiao had ever taken banned substances until earlier this year, when Floyd Mayweather Sr. suggested he was on steroids.

Pacquiao has passed every urine test he’s been given in connection with boxing matches.

“I understand Pacquiao not liking having his blood taken, because frankly I don’t know anyone who really does,” Mayweather said in his statement. “But in a fight of this magnitude, I think it is our responsibility to subject ourselves to sportsmanship at the highest level. I have already agreed to the testing and it is a shame that he is not willing to do the same.

“It leaves me with great doubt as to the level of fairness I would be facing in the ring that night. I hope that this is either some miscommunication or that Manny will change his mind and step up and allow these tests, which were good enough for all these other great athletes, to be performed by USADA.”

Blood tests for illegal drugs and banned substances are not required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which would have regulatory control of the bout if it is held in Las Vegas.

In Nevada, a fighter is required to submit to a blood test that screens for HIV and Hepatitis B and C, as well as other blood-borne diseases, as part of the requirement to gain a license.

A license in Nevada is good for one year. In Pacquiao’s case, he received his 2009 license shortly before he fought Ricky Hatton in May. He submitted his blood to the commission between April 5 and April 20, said Keith Kizer, the commission’s executive director.

Kizer said all fighters who fight in Nevada are subject to random urine tests as well as any other medical tests, such as an MRI or a CAT scan, that the commission deems necessary. Arum said Pacquiao is willing to submit to testing by an outside agency but won’t give his blood. Roach said it’s an issue because Mayweather’s side has been insisting Pacquiao give blood as close as 48 hours within the fight.

“We’ll accommodate their requests and do urine testing up the wazoo and we’ll agree to have them done by an outside agency,” Arum said. “Manny has nothing to hide. But he’s not going to give blood because that’s crazy. He’ll do it at the beginning and he’ll do it at the end. That’s how it is done. Ask some former Olympic boxers how many times they give blood.”

Ellerbe said having the testing administered by USADA would quell suspicions about the procedures or the result.

“This is no rooty toot organization,” said Ellerbe, who noted that such testing was accepted by elite athletes such as LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Michael Phelps and Lance Armstrong.

Roach scoffed at such talk and said it won’t matter to him if the fight is not held.

“I really don’t care, because Manny doesn’t need Floyd Mayweather,” Roach said. “The tests he’s requesting are not commission tests, they’re not boxing tests and this is not an Olympic sport. A urine test is just as qualified as a blood test. [Human growth hormone] is not detected by blood or urine.”

The World Anti-Doping Agency successfully used blood testing at the 2004 Olympics in Athens to test for HGH.

Original http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-boximpasse122209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

somehow it seems that we need to see how this will play out  :cool1:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »
Pacman SUING Mayweather's camp for defamation of character? Nice!
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12/31/09/pacquiao-sues-mayweather-doping-allegations

And all for an amount "in excess of $75,000" (which Mayweather could handle easily) just for the sake of the principle.  You can't go and accuse someone of something so detrimental to their career in such a high profile manner without any proof.  Handing out a few bagged lunches to some bums on the street to make himself feel better doesn't compare to how Pacman is trying to reform the politics of a whole nation who's just gone through one of the worst natural disasters of the past year.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2010, 12:46:50 PM »
Now that's a shitty way to start the year. Condolences to Miguel Cotto and his family.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/01/04/10/cottos-father-dies-57

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2010, 12:58:48 PM »
dammit so young.

Hope he got to catch his son's last fight :/