JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba

Author Topic: Final Fantasy - 1/2 Life Chapter 2 ~ A new companion  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Prataz

• Member+
Final Fantasy - 1/2 Life Chapter 2 ~ A new companion
« on: December 25, 2011, 07:38:49 AM »
Inspired by Final Fantasy, Dungeon and Dragons and other RPG Games and the Taiwanese Manga 1/2 Prince, I present to you my first Fan-Fic for AKB48.

Prologue:

Miyazawa Sae looks at the black device in front of her with a bored expression.

“Of all things, why must we be endorsing a video game? And why must I be the pioneer batch selected for the game launch…”

AKB48 after the recent collaboration for Final Fantasy XIII-2, were appointed as the ambassadors for the new online Final Fantasy World: ½ Life.

The interesting aspect of this new game is the interface. Instead of using the usual computer or Playstation, the game depends on a headset that interacts with brain waves.

Designed to be a system that can only be playable when you sleep, the device allows you to enter the virtual world of Final Fantasy and allow full control of your Avatar, making it the ultimate dream of Fantasy.

“A virtual world with limitless possibility, the Final Fantasy and now with AKB48 members to fight along with you…”

Resigning herself to her fate as an idol, Miyazawa Sae, 21 years old, proud member of Team K, puts on the device and turns it on.

“This better be worth it…” She murmurs as the soft droning of the device brings her to dreamland.

<Miyazawa Sae…. Logging on…. Completed….>
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:53:17 PM by Prataz »

Offline karomuwi

• Rena-sama~ I adore thee!!!
  • Member+
  • I LOVE Mayuki, WMatsui, GekiBlack and Kojiyuu~!
Re: Final Fantasy - 1/2 Life
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »
Ooh! An interesting prologue you have here! Is Sae-chan gonna be the main character by the way?

Please do continue. If it's inspired by Final Fantasy and other RPG games, it's surely to be an interesting story~

Oh and by the way, Merry Christmas! ^^
Had a withdrawal, so now I'm planning to fall in love with the couples all over again

\(^ - ^)/
Here are my fics~! They can be found amongst these three. :hee:

Shots
Love's A Mission
Oh My Dolly!

R.A.Y
SoUL (Series)

The Akiba Family (T.A.F)

Offline luckymmsg

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 08:23:51 AM »
Very interesting prologue.
looking forward for your chap. :twothumbs :twothumbs
Merry Christmas to you!!! :mon santa2: :mon santa3: :mon santa4:

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 09:36:17 AM »
Really interesting Sae in the world of video games

Offline Prataz

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »
Thanx for the support guys! So what class do you think she should pick?

Suggestions will be welcome! (But not necessarily accepted  :P)

Next, who do you think she should have in her team?

There's some ideas but as I'm new to AKB48 with my knowledge limited to a certain Team B Captain, I will need help =/

Offline Prataz

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »
@karomuwi - You are right! Sae-Chan or now Sae-Kun will be the main character =)
@luckymmsg - Thanx for the interest! I hope that this chapter will be interesting to you.
@kahem - I think she as a Genking will fit in perfectly. And now who else should I drag into the game =P

Chapter 1 – The birth of Sae-Kun

Miyazawa Sae, 21 years old, proud member of Team K, selected for the first round of AKB48 involvement in Final Fantasy ½ Life.

And now, she is free falling in an infinite darkness.

“What kind of nightmare is this?”

“Is it a hidden camera?”

“This isn’t a variety show right?”

“Hello! This isn’t funny ok! Somebody better stop this or else…”

<Boom> goes the sound of Miyazawa landing gracelessly into a dark room.

“Ah! Mitai…” groans Sae, rubbing her bruised parts gingerly.

“Don’t you guys have a better way of starting a game!” she complains, showing a clenched fist up in the air in anger.

“Baka! This is stupid! Why am I in this anyway? They should have started with Mayuyu or Haruyan. At least they enjoy games…” curses Sae as she walks angrily in circles in an unwomanly manner, trying to find an exit.

A bright light suddenly breaks her momentum, temporary blinding her. Using her hand to shield her eyes, she slowly looks towards the source of light, only to have them widen at the sight of a familiar face.

“Eh? Mocchi…”

“Dear traveller, welcome to Final Fantasy ½ Life! My name is Kuramochi Asuka. I will be your guide…” greets an AKB48 uniformed Mocchi.

“Mocchi! Stop playing? What’s this crazy madness all about?” replies a frustrated Sae.

“Dear traveller, please hold on as we start the character creation process. We will proceed with your body and vocal scan to create an Avatar similar to your real self…”

“Eh… stop it! This tickles…” laughs Sae as red beams scan through her body to gather data.

“Data gathering completed. Please select your race and class please…”

“Race and Class? What are those?” replies a confused Sae.

“Dear Traveller, you can choose from various races from Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, to even element spirits, vampires, werewolves, demons and angels. For class, you can choose from the two basic classes, Squire or Chemist, the base classes for warrior and magician jobs respectively…”

“I’m confused… What should I choose?”

“Based on your data scan, you seem to be the physical type. It will be best that you select an Orc or Human and be a Squire…”

“An Orc? But it’s so ugly! And the human female warrior looks so weak. Can’t you buff me with some muscle?”

“Dear Traveller, the simulated female warrior is based on your body and looks. You can’t blame me if you look undeveloped. Besides, females don’t look good with bulging muscles…”

“That’s true…. How about making me a male then? I’m sure you would be agreeable with a muscular male right?”

“I’m sorry. In Final Fantasy ½ Life, your gender and looks are based on your real self…”

“What! Isn’t this an RPG Game? I heard from Mayu that in RPG games, you get to choose your own character creation!” complains Sae.

“Please hold while I check with the main server…. Your request has being approved due to your status as AKB48 Member. Starting simulation of Male Warrior now…”

A male version of Sae slowly appears in front of the two of them. As the simulation slowly fades into existence, Sae blushes at the sight of her male Avatar.

“My gosh… I didn’t know I could look so good as a male…”

“Simulation is completed. Based on data, you would look better as an elf. Starting re-simulation now…”

If the human male version of Sae could make her blush, the elven version of her gave her a nose bled.

With white silvery hair, tied into a ponytail, blue deep eyes, boyish jawline, and pointed ears, completed with a muscular but agile looking body, the new simulation of her looks even better then her vampire role in Infinity.

“God…” whispers Sae as she looks on in admiration at her new body.

“Dear player, please get ready for start of game. Game will commence in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Enjoy!” greets Mocchi with a wink as the world fades into darkness.

“Not again…” cries Sae

“What! You send Sae-chan into the game?” screams Takjo Aki at the top of her lungs.

“We were only suppose to be traveller guides and not actual gamers…”

“But Akicha! You should have seen Sae-chan as a male! It’s  so droolsome!”

“But we already had seen her as a male during AKBingo and Infinity Musical…”

“But it’s different! Those were just dressing up. Now we have a REAL Sae-Kun!”

“A real Sae-Kun?”

“Yes a REAL SAE-KUN!” cries Asuka happily.

“Then what are we waiting for? Lets get into the game too before Yukirin finds out…”
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:16:20 PM by Prataz »

Offline saeseki

• Forever a Kumi Oshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Nyahan~
Re: Final Fantasy - 1/2 Life Chp 1 ~ The birth of Sae-Kun?
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »
OMG!! Sae!

please update  :bow:

Offline ujin1992

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
SaeYuki?!  Go! Go! :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »
Isn't this the same basic plot as 1/2 Prince, the manga? Still, cool to have Sae as the main character.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline luckymmsg

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »
Haha , this is definitely interesting.
I wonder what Mocchi and Akicha going to do with Sae-Kun with Yukirin not around. :lol: :lol:

OMG, Sae as a real 'man' :w00t:

Looking forward for your next chap. :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline crono1036

• Member+
  • ~A Sae of Relief~
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Oooh interesting~ I'll be sure to give this a read.

Update soon~

My Main Tumblr (Follow or Ask a Question~)
Fanfiction Tumblr (Follow for fics and updates! Ask to get info!)
Twitter (Follow Me~!)

Fanfics:

Offline Prataz

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
@Kumi Oshi - Updated!
@ujin1992 - This will happen later. Let me set all the chess pieces in place first
@Estrea - You are RIGHT! The World is based on 1/2 Prince but the story line will be much more different.
@luckymmsg - I'm still wondering what class and race to put the both of them as. What do you suggest?
@crono1036 - I like reading your fics too! Looking forward to your next update =)

Chapter 2 – A new companion

“Not again!” screams Sae as he drops gracelessly again to the ground, only to land on something soft.

“Not bad. At least this time there’s bean bag to cushion my fall…”

<-10 Fame for Hostile Action towards other players in NON-PVP Map> echoes a robotic voice from above.

“Eh? What on earth was that? What hostile action??” asks a confused Sae.

“It means get off me! You stinking Elf! I might be short but I’m not a bean bag!” replies the “Cushion” as it pushes Sae away.

“I’m Sssssoorry!” replies a flustered Sae in embarrassment as he bows in apology.

“Let me guess, you must be a newbie?”

“Eh? How do you know?”

“Coz only newbies will drop from the sky! After playing the game, once we reenter the game, we will reappear at the nearest town center from our last position. Didn’t you read the game manual?”

“Eh? Game Manual? What Game Manual…”

Giving itself a facepalm, the short “cushion” sighs before reaching out with his hand.

“I’m Karl Flintstone, Level 10 Dwarven Cleric and you are?”

“I’m….”

Miyazawa Sae stops herself from introduction her real name.

“Miyazawa Sae… I must be joking. Who would believe me now? What if he’s a fanboy…”

“You didn’t even think of a name yet? Why don’t you call out the menu command and run the name generator. That is what I did for my name too.”

Following his advise, Sae calls for the name generator function, only to receive the following:

<Mi’yalthos Sae>

“Don’t worry!” comforts Karl as he pats Sae on his back.

“You will get used to it. Besides, if you are worried with being associated with the Genking Miyazawa Sae, I’m sure you look a lot better than the Ikemen version of him. Seriously! That girl needs to stop dressing up as a boy. It’s not doing her any good at all…”

Blushing furiously at such comments, Sae could do nothing except to follow her new companion as he leads her by the hand towards the forest.

“So Karl-san, where are we going?”

“We are going to grind to increase levels! That’s what we are doing now! By the way, let me tell you something interesting…”

Sae could only follow on as she listens to the uninteresting droning of this new dwarven friend of hers.

“By the way, Mocchi-chan, had you seen Takamina-san?”

“Ehm… Takamina? Ehmm…. I think she went ahead into the game too!”

“Eh? Really? Wow! This is so cool! So what class did she select? You were Acting Game Master, I’m sure you would know!”

“Ehmm… I don’t know but I’m sure we can find out soon! Come on! Lets start on our own character creation! What should I be…”

Asuka couldn’t bring herself to tell Aki that she had accidentally pressed the auto character creation button during Takamina’s Character Creation process and cursed her into a male Dwarf…
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:57:16 PM by Prataz »

Offline luckymmsg

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Final Fantasy - 1/2 Life Chapter 2 ~ A new companion
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 06:34:47 PM »
Oh, Takamina is the level 10 drawf. :lol: :lol:
This is cute.  :D :w00t:

Maybe make Mocchi and Akicha be elves. (That will be so sexy.Getting perverted here. :banghead: :banghead: )
[/size]I can imagine Yukirin as angel. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
Hahahah Mocchi press the wrong button!!!
Btw, I need picture of elf Sae!!!

Offline crono1036

• Member+
  • ~A Sae of Relief~
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »
Nice update~

I noticed some grammar errors but nothing to worry about. I'm just a grammar snob when it comes to my fics.  :P

And thanks for giving my fics a read!

LOL at Mocchi making Takamina a dwarf! But it suits her so nicely  :lol:

I really want to know about Yukirin though. As an Angel or an elf *drools*

I want Yuki to find out about Sae already! SaeYuki GO~!

Twitter (Follow Me~!)

Fanfics:

Offline crono1036

• Member+
  • ~A Sae of Relief~
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »

btw, what is genking?

Genking is Sae's nickname. It's because she is really energetic (genki) and is the best at it which makes her the "King".
Genki + King = Genking!

Twitter (Follow Me~!)

Fanfics:

Offline zeebulb

• Tokyo Doom
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
Aaah remindme 1/2 prince manga,and i love it really really love it
You should update this fic,it's really good you know  :D
Shipping MariHaru = Kojiharu moved to team B
Shipping SaeYuki = Sae moved to Shang Hai
Shipping MayuAika = Rabutan moved to HKT
Acchan fans = Acchan graduated
 2012 is so funny :|

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba