JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Killer Tune

Author Topic: [ATTENTION] Sign the petition!  (Read 26609 times)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
[ATTENTION] Sign the petition!
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »
Reposting this entry from Acchi Muite Pie!!!

Closed Indefinitely

I have been contacted by a representative at Fuji TV On Demand regarding my access of the site from an overseas location and the distribution of Idoling!!!'s TV show through BitTorrent. They have requested a reply regarding this issue by October 13, and they have stated that they will delete my Fuji TV On Demand account if I have not replied by then.

Unfortunately, I have decided to close Acchi Muite Pie!!! until this issue is resolved. In the mean time, I have created an online petition to request that Fuji TV give overseas Idoling!!! fans a legitimate way to watch episodes of Idoling!!!'s TV show:

Allow Access for Overseas Idoling!!! Fans
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/overseasidolingfans

You can sign this petition using your Facebook, Twitter, or MySpace account, or you can create an account with PetitionSpot. Please sign to show your support for Idoling!!! and help us get an official method to continue watching Idoling!!!

I also suggest that Idoling!!! fans send messages to Fuji TV, the Idoling!!! staff, the Idoling!!! members, and maybe even Masuno through as many means as possible. Relevant links will be listed at the end of this post.

Today is a dark day for overseas Idoling!!! fans. More than ever, we need to band together to show Fuji TV that we do exist. Thank you for your continued support.

http://acchimuitepie.blogspot.com/2010/09/closed-indefinitely.html

This petition is the only hope for us overseas fans at the moment. It doesn't matter if you're an Idoling!!! fan or not, but every signature in this counts! Make a good deed!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 08:42:38 PM by Ayabie »

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
Re: [ATTENTION] Sign the petition!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:27:06 PM »
I signed as soon as it was posted. One thing that gets me is that in ep's 161 and 162 the members are saying about wanting to have fans around the world but we can't watch them if we aren't in Japan.

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
  • I'm Ai Kawashima, Idoling!!! & Ebisu Muscats Fans.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
I signed as soon as it was posted. One thing that gets me is that in ep's 161 and 162 the members are saying about wanting to have fans around the world but we can't watch them if we aren't in Japan.

If you ask FujiTV how to watch the Idoling!!! show outside japan, I think they will say please waiting the DVD release. :(

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »
Right, OF!!! just released 161 & 162. It's just really sad that the one who produce them is the one holding them to be famous around the world. They destroyed the girls' dream.

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
Signed as 66th.  Not bad for 5 hours.
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 10:36:57 PM »
After some trouble, signed :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 10:44:43 PM »
Japan... :bleed eyes:
Signed :thumbsup

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »
I signed it immediately. I need my weekly Idoling!!!  :lol:

If you ask FujiTV how to watch the Idoling!!! show outside japan, I think they will say please waiting the DVD release. :(

yeah,we just have to buy the DVD's,they could say. But without subtitles,and in DVD resolution,while they've been broadcasting it in HD since more than half a year. Unless they will release those on Bluray (not seeing that happen though). And still,there's a HUGE lag between the broadcasting and the DVD release... 4th gen isn't even on the latest season dvds. Now we have to wait for other (slower) sources,or watch Idoling Nikki in crappy quality on KeyHoleTV.

It's sad indeed,that the ones producing them,are holding their dreams back. We should refer to their dream in these episodes when asking the question to Fuji TV.
It's not just for us from outside of Japan that want to see and support them properly, but it's the dream of the Idoling members themselves as well.
As we've read in hand shaking event stories,that some of the girls are very excited to see foreigners coming to their shows.

I would love to pay for FujiTV On Demand if it would be properly supported/allowed from outside of Japan.
Since it's a paid service,there shouldn't be any concerns about advertising (unless there are ads on FujiTV On Demand?). Because Japanese advertisers don't want to pay for viewers from outside of Japan as the chance is nearly zero that they will buy their product. But a PAID On Demand channel without ads, what's the problem?
And all the Idoling CDs and DVDs are all easily purchasable from online retailers like CDJapan, YesAsia or whatever site.

Same goes for the fan-sama fanclub (or any other japanese fan club),you need an address in Japan. You either have to know a friend in Japan or use a third party forwarding service (which is likely more expensive). I love the Idoling show and I'm willing and able to use that last option and I joined the fan-sama fan club,even though my knowledge of Japanese is still very little. AND the uRa Idoling videos are NOT country-(b)locked. I was surprised though that my fan club number is only in the 3300's,seems like a low number. Well, this number could go up by at least half of the people signing this petition.

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 11:21:34 PM »
Signed it, being number 79.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 11:56:22 PM »
signed it.

Thanks again to SB for introducing us and supporting Idoling!!!

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
This could be the first ever idol crisis that the internet ever face no? And its no laughing matter either.

I'm sure that many of the people here that has been supporting Idoling!!! from afar will never be a fan if not for SB.

Offline StormWarning

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
Maybe some of you japanese speakers can post a message to Kadosawa's, Masuno's and Mori's Twitter, Imatsubu or whatever page? If that helps anything?

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 02:08:35 AM »
Signed a few hours ago. Gotta keep these videos coming!

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 02:18:28 AM »
Even though it's for Idoling!!! shows now, if this succeeds, it could just as easily happen to other shows that we know and love.

+1 Signed.

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 03:32:08 AM »
Sad sad day... :bleed eyes:
Signed the petition.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 03:42:46 AM »
Signed earlier. Fuji TV, don't be a jerk.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 04:27:11 AM »
Their Dreams are Our Dreams too.

Offline boykun