JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nakagawa Shoko - Strawberry melody

Author Topic: All Aboard! [Chapter 26! --sorry for the wait]  (Read 98758 times)

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: All Aboard!
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2007, 08:45:35 AM »
You know, I was worried for little bit that you had just forgotten the plot and were gonna focus on hilarious shenanagians for the rest of the fic. Silly me, I should have known you wouldn't forget.

*Start chapter specific comment time* I really like the descriptions of the city. It seems like you put some real thought into the history of the place, and how it developed. Is Aya's father the unidentified man who got kidnapped out of his carriage a couple of chapters back? *End chapter specific comment time*

Offline itchyknee

« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »
Temporarily de-lurking just so I could say that this is amazing!

I just spent the past few hours reading this fic... it's 4:18 AM now but definitely worth the grogginess I will be experiencing tomorrow morning I mean later. Yay for all of your great pairings :3 Good job!

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »
The Melons have landed!  And what a landing they have made!  I didn't realize you were going to add that many more characters.  You must really want to write a lot more (not that I mind of course)!  :heart: Looking forward to more!

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2007, 08:15:22 PM »
YAY!!! Good stuff!! You know what? You got what I had in mind for Konno's role when I start reading the fic. Only that I thought she'll be working on Pirate's haven (producer of Tsuji/Kago mischievious stuffs  ;D). Adding Berryz and Melon was so cool. I guess your having a migraine or something by now with all these characters. Oh BTW, I've already finished outlining some of funfic art but I'm sorry to say that I might post it for a next couple of weeks since I don't have a scanner at home which a friend of mine will took care of it next week and then another week for me to color it. But like Konno's said " Patience is virtue."  ;D

And Ren, You've made a cool photo of Reina for Estrea's bday but I haven't told about something. Isn't it suppose to be Aboard and not Abroad? ;D But don't worry, i don't really mind since shoving a harpoon on my ass was more disturbing  though. :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:22:20 PM by Sancho »

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2007, 02:08:51 AM »
MELONS! Oh Yessssss. At first, I was kinda sad that there were no updates on whats happening to the two crews, but this filler (is it a filler or the start of a new arc?) was Melon'd and I like that. Lots.

Love the scheming Megumi and the reference to Boss Saitou. Hahah, it reminded me so much of silly mangas with Megumi’s glasses glinting everywhere.
Sigh, I need to brush up on my Berryz, I didn't know like half those names XD. Oh well, didn't stop me from reading.

*You’ll never turn me! I can resist! I really can!* <- meh and I said that about listening to Chinese music ... I'm in great need of S.H.E.*shakes head*

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2007, 04:31:24 AM »
And Ren, You've made a cool photo of Reina for Estrea's bday but I haven't told about something. Isn't it suppose to be Aboard and not Abroad? ;D But don't worry, i don't really mind since shoving a harpoon on my ass was more disturbing  though. :D
Oh noes, I just realized that XD, oh me and my English skill... Thanks for telling Sancho XD.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2007, 05:46:03 PM »
I freaking love Captain, she's awesome xD The berryz are freaking NINJAS! I wonder what kind of weapons and fighting styles they have :] Looking forward to the day you might showcase their talents. xD!

Oh Melons... How I cherish you so! I can easily picture Megumi like that one emoticon. :glasses: That one xD Scheming glasses of doom :3 Love how she planned for Rika's escape, she's just so badass like that xD

Gahh damn, I hope to see them again soon! Melons capture my looooove <3

Hope you put that hardhat to use xD

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2007, 06:51:43 PM »
As usual, replies first, chapter after. ^_^

ferrar1: Megumi was the leader, but she ceded the position to Saito. XD And the Berryz are technically "land army" although they belong to a very specific class of warriors...*cough*

Amarghetta: Oh ye of little faith. :P Sorry, just wanted to say that to someone. I too, worry. But I will do my very best, even if I explode my brain after it's all over! XD

Mikan: Yes yes, more characters, and it isn't the end. XD Reading is good for you. :P I am the master of looooong chapters. XD Cast you in my next dream? Maybe. :P

FIM: The Berryz are awesome. XD And yeah, the Melons rock. XD I'll try my best to keep up with the demand. :)

Ren: Well, Aria is a madeup character, since I didn't know the real names and ages of Aya's younger siblings. XD And thanks for having faith in my ability to juggle the enormous cast. XD

rndmn: The Shige has an important part to play. XD But I need the right time to slot her in. XD

lil_hamz: Yeah things are gonna get messier. I only hope that I can sort out the tangles well enough. XD

orangesocks: The joke doesn't exist, but I can make one up if you like. XD

coachie: Country Musume will show up eventually...somewhere. You can thank (or blame) Yuuyami for nagging me into it. :P

Slack: See I told you I had explanations for everything, no matter how half assed. XD Genius Konkon. :)

magicnumber: The world doesn't revolve around GAM! ...but it sure does gravitate around it. XD Glad you liked the new characters. XD

JFC: Ninjas-in-training comes close. XD And you didn't notice there was no Koharu? LOL! Glad you like Z-movies. XD

iacus: Lol I got sidetracked by the fun of writing crazy things, I admit, but I stuck to schedule and delivered plot advancements on time anyway. ^_^; As for the city, well, I like world-building a little too much, and I have a mini world map drawn in my head about how the shape of the world in my fic looks like. o_O I can even show my cultural and historical notes for different parts of the Empire if you want. XD;; Overkill, but eh... As for the kidnapped man, well, wait and see, shall we? :)

itchyknee: Welcome aboard! Lol you shouldn't ruin your health like that even if you like reading my fic! I hope you stay aboard from now on though. :)

Blizzard: Yes I like writing a lot, and no, this isn't the end of new character-adding. Because I'm totally insane and want to include all of H!P in. Muahahah. Ok, wait, I'm nuts. Shoot me now. XD

Sancho: Yes I'm having a migraine with the new characters (and thinking of adding more o_o;) but its a fun sort of migraine (yep, I'm definitely insane now). And yay for art. ^_^ I shall wait patiently for it!

slave: That wasn't really filler, I just needed to set up the new characters and prepare for a future arc in that setting. ^_^ Melon'd! XD I like that word. Yeah you caught me, I'm a sucker for manga and anime, complete with flashing evil glasses. XD Oh, and quit resisting. Come to the GAM side of things honey. XD

Yuuyami: You evil evil woman, making me add so many new people (well not that I didn't want to do it, but you were an accomplice!). Yes yes, ninja Berryz. XD Figures you would like the Melons, considering you were the one who requested their entry. :P And you nagged me past the block, the hardhat was secondary. :P

Phew, so many comments to reply to. Next chapter coming in the next 10 minutes or so. You can all thank Yuuyami for singlehandedly making sure that it came out now instead of 12 hours later, cos I was planning to go to sleep before she evilly made me stay up to finish Chapter 16. Lol.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2007, 06:59:50 PM »
Chapter 16

"Are you sure about this?" Aya asked briskly from where she was sitting on the bed, ignoring the bowl of soup that was meant to be her lunch. Natsumi absently passed another spoonful of the soup to Aya, who drank it just as unconsciously even as she considered the information that had been brought to her.

"It's entirely likely. This is a pirate port, after all." The older woman set the bowl aside, a frown of concentration on her face. "Still, they're quite unlike the usual kind we run into most of the time."

"I wouldn't count on it." Aya said darkly. "Utterly shameless and morally licentious behavior...they're all the same."

Natsumi raised a knowing eyebrow at her youthful captain. "I gather you got that impression from that...encounter with that young woman earlier?" There was just a hint of teasing in the officer's tone, which drew a low growl from the young captain.

"I don't want to talk about it." Natsumi giggled at the darkly angered expression on her friend and comrade's face.

"If you say so." Moving on to a more professional front, the First Mate continued. "We do have to decide what to do next though. The bounty hunters keep coming where the officials can't, and to make matters more complicated, Lady Ishikawa seems acquainted with one of the pirates on a fairly...personal level, if I may add. I think she may want to follow them instead of staying with us."

There was a slightly ironic smile on Aya's face. "Good riddance then."

"Aya!" Natsumi scolded. "We're already in trouble for helping her escape...twice. Even if we let her go now and pretend that we 'lost' her to the pirates, this won't be over you know. It's going to be a very ugly stain on our records. Not to mention the punishment for all that rule-breaking you've been doing since we first set off..."

"I'll face that on my own, don't you worry. I'll take all the responsibility for my own actions.I won't let you guys or the rest of the crew get into any trouble if I can help it."

Natsumi faced the younger girl sternly. "You know I won't let you do that. And neither will Gocchin either."

"Got that right!" Maki's voice floated in from the other side of the half-closed door, where she was standing watch to make sure no one got close enough to eavesdrop on them. The tall naval officer stuck her head into the room. "We started out on this together, we'll face whatever comes with you, no matter what."

"Thanks, you two." Aya seemed genuinely touched by their show of loyalty.

"Before we get all warm and fuzzy though, we do have to deal with our current problems." Natsumi observed practically. "You're still weak from the poison, so we can't risk getting into a fight now..."

"But I'm fine! Really!" Aya protested weakly.

Natsumi ignored her. "As I was saying, we can't really try picking fights now. Especially since considering how good those pirates downstairs are."

Aya frowned. "You fought them already?"

The older woman coughed nervously. "Um, you see, there was a tavern brawl..."

"Nacchi!"

"Gocchin started it!" Natsumi hastily added, trying to deflect the accusatory stare from Aya.

"Snitch!" Maki accused from the door. Natsumi stuck her tongue out at Maki.

Aya sighed and rubbed at her temples. "You two, really...I expected a little more maturity from people older than me, you know."

"You just need to lighten up sometimes." Maki observed from her post. "You're too uptight."

Aya tensed. The words were too familiar. The naval captain wondered if Maki and Miki were long lost twins or something, bent on trying to get a reaction out of her. Miki was eviler though, so would that make Maki the good twin? The line of thought was going down disturbing routes though, so Aya quickly discarded it. It was just far too freaky to contemplate the idea that those two might gang up on her one day.

"Oh yeah, there's another minor complication." Natsumi remarked casually. Aya eyed her warily even as she spooned some more soup into her mouth

"What now?"

"Niigaki got married."

Aya choked on her soup. Natsumi patted her on her back, trying to ease the sudden coughing fit that had overtaken the young captain.

"What? When? Who? How???" Aya spluttered after she recovered. Natsumi shrugged and gave a brief sketch of what she knew of the situation.

"Well, that's...interesting." Aya breathed after Natsumi finished explaining. "How's the girl holding up?"

"Remarkably well actually, all things considered. They seem to be getting along despite not having known each for more than a day."

"Well they probably got to know each other a whole lot better while they were in the cellar." Maki commented just a little lewdly, leaning against the doorframe. The other two women shot her a scolding look, but the tall lieutenant only shrugged. "What? They just got married, and were alone down in the cellar for a whole hour. What else could they be doing?"

"But they barely knew each other." Natsumi defended the younger girls. Maki shrugged again. "And that's supposed to be an impediment to fun? Besides, it's a good bonding experience."

"Not everyone's like you Gocchin." Aya pointed out. "Niigaki won't do that. I know her well enough to know that she won't."

"Whatever. Anyway, she's going to be fair game for teasing from now on. Payback for the time when she interrupted..." Natsumi quickly cut in and stopped Maki from talking further. "Leave the poor girl alone, she has enough to deal with as it is."

Aya was looking between the two of her officers. "I don't want to know what happened, right?"

"Probably not." Maki drawled, shooting an amused glance at a slightly flustered Natsumi.

Aya just looked amused. "I won't ask then." Switching back to a more business-like tone, the young captain continued. "So, the bounty hunters know where we are now, and I assume that more will be coming soon once that news gets out. We'd better leave before they catch up with us again."

"Actually, they're just looking for Ishikawa." Maki mused. "If we just left her with the crew downstairs, then it'll be their problem, not ours."

An amused half-smirk curled at the young captain's lips. "I'll admit it, I'm tempted. But as long as she doesn't state explicitly that she wants to leave, she is still under our protection, and I will not just ditch someone who sought sanctuary with me."

Maki shook her head. "You and your sense of honor will get us killed some day."

"My honor is my shield." Aya quoted ironically, then grinned. "Have a little faith in me, dear one."

"And since when did I not?" Maki smiled back warmly. The two friends had been through thick and thin ever since they decided to run off to the academy in secret all those years ago. The bond they shared was something both treasured very much.

Natsumi coughed. "Sorry to interrupt, but even if we do manage to get rid of Ishikawa and hence the bounty hunters off our backs, it still doesn't solve the main issue. How the heck are we going to account for the whole situation back with High Command?"

"I'll think of something." Aya replied evasively.

"That just means you're going to just wing it, aren't you?" The older officer accused. Aya shrugged eloquently, a sheepish grin on her face. Natsumi sighed.

"We are so going to get fired..."

~*~*~

Meanwhile on the lower level, a similar council of war (figuratively speaking) was taking place at the same time.

"What do you think of them?" Kaori asked her shipmates. Yossi, who was sitting with Rika by her side, frowned thoughtfully.

"They fight fairly well. Better than the usual riffraff that is. The one I fought last night definitely had professional training before."

"Mercenaries maybe?" Kei ventured. Surprisingly, Yuko volunteered a sensible answer while shaking her head.

"No, weapons too fancy and well-maintained. Most mercs don't bother to take care of their equipment that well." The usually drunken pirate captain appeared to set her usual demeanour aside to participate, seeming more sober and serious than was normal.

"That's true. The boy was using a longsword. Broadswords are more common with mercs. A longsword..." Yossi trailed off.

"Nobility." Yuko finished. "Or an officer's weapon."

Silence fell over the huddled group. Kaori, however, was looking directly at Rika, whose expression had not changed in the least during the conversation. The perpetual smile was a bit unnerving somehow.

"If we really wanted to know for sure, we just have to ask the lady over there, don't we?"

Rika had her perfected 'I have no idea what you are talking about' expression affixed firmly in place. "Who, me?"

"Don't act stupid, you're obviously smarter than that." Yuko growled out. Rika smiled cutely at the irritated pirate captain, and Yossi stifled a snort of laughter at the gesture. The boyish pirate only remembered far too well how Rka had used that trick on her (as well as many others) when they were but mere children. Clearly, growing up hadn't dulled that habit at all. In fact, it lended a certain kind of mature edge to that charm, one that hadn't been present before. Such was the way Ishikawa Rika has been dazzling her way through high society with great facility. Just stun those overdressed and overfed peacocks with a charming smile and sending them reeling before she states her demands (and usually gets it as a result).

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Yuko rolled her eyes.

"Those people...they're not ordinary sailors, right? Rika tilted her head to one side.

"I rather like to think of them as exceptionally kind people, with rather unique talents, though." She danced around the question quite obliquely. Yuko glared at Yossi.

"Get a grip on your woman or I'll smack her myself." Yossi rather quickly pulled Rika back away from Yuko, and the girl 'accidentally' ended up in the boyish pirate's lap somehow. Rika flushed slightly, but otherwise didn't protest her position. The deliberation went on without any further input from her.

"Well, it's a bit obvious by now that they're not ordinary," Kei observed. "Not mercs either. So, either nobility...or navy?"

A chill ran up Rika's spine, though she didn't show a single hint of it. She continued to sit there placidly, hoping that everything would turn out just fine for the others. She was certain that her Yocchan would not allow harm to come to her, but she wasn't sure if the same mercy extended to the navy crew who were in the tavern. She sincerely hoped that there would be a peaceful resolution to this.

"What kind of nobility would be stupid enough to come out here anyway? No offense to you of course," Kaori apologised to Rika, before continuing. "But not even the Royal Navy is stupid enough to step into pirate territory on their own, at least not without a full armada behind their backs, knowing those cowards."

"Not to mention that that they whisked an Ishikawa away from her wedding, they must be really bold or really stupid if they were really part of the navy." Kei noted.

"So...not navy?" Yossi wondered aloud, unconsciously pulling Rika closer to her own body as she did. "But then, what could they be?"

"We could just test them, you know." Miki wandered towards the group, absently playing with one of her new knives.

"What do you mean, Fujimoto?" Yuko looked interested. Miki smirked.

"Just wait and see..."

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2007, 07:00:36 PM »
~*~*~

"Wow, you're married." Eri said with a note of wonder in her voice. "Wow."

Risa buried her face in her hands. "I know..."

"I can't believe you're married."

"Neither can I." The sharpshooter muttered, sinking down to squat despondently against the wall of the back alley.

"Married...to another girl." Eri was still in a daze after hearing from Risa the whole account of what had transpired. It was a quite a lot of information to swallow. The whole idea seemed bizarre. Like a dream. Or even a nightmare. Eri was personally glad that it wasn't her, but felt great pity for her friend.

"There there, marriage isn't so bad." Eri tried to comfort Risa. "It just means you're an adult now."

"But I don't know what to do!" Risa cried out, feeling all panicky again. She was truly at a loss for what to do. She was part of the Royal Navy, on a mission to eradicate piracy! She couldn't just up and get married somewhere in between! Would the captain even allow her to bring Ai-chan along? Leaving the girl behind didn't seem very nice. Staying behind wasn't really an option either. Risa felt so very lost and very frightened. What would the future bring?

But of course, before she could worry about the troubles the distant future could bring, she would have to deal with a far more present and immediate problem.

"Tsk, cheating on Ai-chan so quickly already?" A mockingly disappointed voice, heavily tinged with amusement, came from next to them. The two girls jumped at the intrusion. It wasn't difficult to see how the intruder, in this case, a smirking Miki, had drawn the least innocent conclusion possible from the way Eri had one arm slung around Risa's shoulders in a gesture originally intended to be sympathetic in nature.

Eri quickly withdrew from the otherwise un-incriminating position (guilty only in Miki's eyes, frankly), while Risa looked indignant and frightened at the same time.

"You again! Why won't you leave me alone?" Exasperation was heavy in Risa's voice. Despite not knowing very much about Miki, not even knowing the other's name actually, the way Miki had imposed her presence on her hadn't been the most pleasant experience in her life up to now.

Miki strolled over with a wide grin. "Temper temper. Should I be worried that Ai-chan married the wrong person? We know so very little about you after all." The pirate appeared to be seriously considering the whole matter, which lent a certain surreal air to the whole exchange, especially to the pirate crew who were currently avidly watching the whole thing from a small window overlooking the alley.

"And this is her bright idea?" Kei whispered disbelievingly from where she was plastered against the window, with Yuko pushing down on her from behind and Kaori jostling her from the side. Yossi and Rika took the easy way out and were peeking from the back door where Miki had stepped out from.

"Shh, it's getting to the good part."

Risa had gotten up, while Eri had shrunk away, slinking unconsciously away to hide inside an empty crate that had one side levered open. Miki wasn't very much taller than Risa, but the forbidding aura around her increased her stature, and thus the pirate was able to back poor Risa up against the wall even further.

Eri's eyes were wide with fear as Miki happily started terrorising Risa. For her part, Risa was holding up remarkably well, clamping down stubbornly on her usual urge to blurt things out in a frenzy. Clearly, Aya's orders left a mark on her not to speak of their origins, although if one were to speculate, Maki's elaborate threats might have more to do with Risa's tight-lipped resistance against all forms of questioning. But naturally, Eri was not privy to the second, since she hadn't been present when the Lieutenant had decided to "advise" Risa in her own way what not to say.

Can't say anything, can't say anything, can't say anything... Risa was repeating to herself mentally even as Miki's voice was starting to cause considerable stress to her psyche. However, her lips remained firmly sealed shut at the very idea of what Maki would do to her if she revealed anything. Which was terrible indeed, and the only reason why she hadn't cracked yet. Well, even with her resistance, Miki wasn't going to give up, especially since the girl was the only available target right now. Eri had since vanished (into the crate, but Miki hadn't noticed), and was peeking out through the slats in between the planking and torn between wanting to rescue her friend or just staying safe in her comfort zone. The comfort zone was winning out as of now.

Miki was smirking. The brat in front of her was trembling violently and sweating even more profusely. Leaning even closer, the pirate savored the fear that was rolling in waves off the younger sailor. Risa looked like she was about die of apoplexy right then. Or even sweat to death by excessive loss of moisture. A trickle of blood slipped out through the pinched lips, Risa's teeth clearly having worn the skin open with the ferocity of which she had clamped down on her own lips, just to prevent herself from speaking. Her mind was so fuzzled now that she couldn't even think of pulling a gun on Miki just to give herself space.

Just as spots were starting to form in front of Risa's eyes, something happened.

Yossi and Rika had been very surprised by the whirlwind that swept past behind their backs, and the rest of the audience was even more surprised when Miki was suddenly violently assaulted from behind by someone. A very livid someone. Who was armed with a very large wooden ladle. A ladle that was still hot and dripping from whatever concoction it had been immersed in until being pressed into service as a tool for inflicting grievous bodily harm.

"OW!" Miki yelped, her hands immediately going to shield the back of her head even as she stumbled away from a gasping Risa, who was about an inch away from collapsing in a heap. "What the hell?! Who..." The knife-throwing pirate trailed off when she turned to see her assailant.

"Never knew she had it in her." Kaori observed after elbowing Kei out of the way for a better view. Yuko shoved the heads of the two in front of her down to look for herself, whistling appreciatively at the sight she was treated to.

"Nice one, Ai-chan!"

For indeed, it was Ai who stood breathlessly wielding a large wooden ladle like a club, poised for another swing should Miki get within range. The pirate was wise enough not to get nailed for a second time, and was rubbing ruefully at the back of her head, looking Ai over with a different expression.

"Hmpf, spunky aren't you? Grown a backbone for that brat? How touching." Miki sneered even as she stalked off, carefully keeping out of range of the ladle-bearing Ai.

"I..I'm not afraid of you." Ai's voice was trembling violently, betraying her own nervousness after the initial adrenaline rush had started to fade away.

"Che, you're not worth the trouble." Miki made her way towards the door, where Yossi was snickering at her comrade. "Shut up." Miki growled, clearly not amused at having been caught unawares. With some difficulty, Yossi was just barely able to stifle the more obvious signs of her merriment, stepping aside for Miki to be able to nurse her injury out of the public eye. Behind her childhood friend, Rika was also biting her lip to prevent herself from saying something that might invite Miki's wrath. She might not know Miki personally, but her instincts were telling her that it was generally unwise to toy with a wounded tiger such as Miki.

Ai's attention had diverted back onto her hyperventilating wife the moment Miki had disappeared back into the tavern. Risa's eyes were nearly popping out of their sockets, mostly from the accumulated panic under Miki's interrogation, and she looked sheet-white and was shaking like she had epilepsy. Trying to shake and talk her out of it didn't appear to have any visible effect, and even a few lightly experimental knocks with the almighty ladle didn't seem to do anymore than cause light bruising where they had made contact with Risa's head.

Clearly, drastic measures were going to be necessary. Ai's own panic over what to do with Risa was subsiding even as the idea formed in her head. There seemed no other alternative, and radical methods were probably the only way out here. Taking a deep breath, the barmaid calmed herself, one hand already cradling Risa's clammy cheek...

...and slapping the younger girl hard across the cheek.

The force of the slap snapped Risa's head to one side, the other cheek making rough contact with the grimy wall she was leaning against. The shock jolted the sailor back into reality, her eyes gaining a strange kind of clarity even as she turned back slowly to look at a mortified Ai, who was already apologising tearfully for hitting so hard.

Suddenly Risa seized a shocked Ai by the shoulders, words pouring out of her mouth like a torrent before she could even stop herself.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry so sorry sorry...I didn't mean to walk in...not at all, not at all...no no...I won't say a word...no, never...I swear...don't kill me Lieutenant!!!"

By now Risa was a teary wreck, and Ai was instead cuddling her sobbing wife close. Clearly, the accumulated stresses that had piled up over the weeks had finally caught up with poor Risa. The poor girl was a mess.

Unfortunately, the rest of the audience looking on were hardly concerned by the waterworks. Eri, and to a lesser extent Rika, was aghast by the inadvertent slip of the tongue. Oh no...

Yuko, Kei and Kaori were looking at each other with bemused expressions. Finally, Kei quipped

"Looks like Miki's method worked after all..."

==========================================

XD

Eh, this chapter didn't feel quite up to par to me, but well, it just made the cut. Barely.

Miki: You let me get nailed by a ladle?!
Me: *ducks* Sorry...
Miki: You, are so going to get it. *knives flashing*
Me: Eeep. *looks around frantically* Aya! Keep a leash on your pet!
Miki: *smirking* Sorry girl, Aya's...not available at the moment. It's just you and me.
Me: Ack. *starts running* Everyone pray that Miki doesn't kill me! *runs faster*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:14:14 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »
Oh snap, Risa let loose :0!!!!! Though, I do admit that her being all spazztastic and Eri hiding in a crate was very cute <3

Ai pwned Miki, roffle :]

But damn, what are the pirates going to do to the navy crew? Stowing away a bride DID earn some of their respect, right?! ;___; Oh gahh no fight, no fight, no fight X__X; -prays- Let's just pray they get along to some extent, I mean, they were getting along pretty well earlier, yes? Just because they are a part of the royal navy doesn't affect their friendship, yes? ;_______;

-puts on hardhat to prepare for the upcoming chapters-

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:18:54 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2007, 07:19:04 PM »
"Gocchin started it!" Natsumi hastily added, trying to deflect the accusatory stare from Aya.

"Snitch!" Maki accused from the door. Natsumi stuck her tongue out at Maki.

Hahah, they're such kids. :heart:

"Oh yeah, there's another minor complication." Natsumi remarked casually. Aya eyed her warily even as she spooned some more soup into her mouth

"What now?"

"Niigaki got married."

Aya choked on her soup. Natsumi patted her on her back, trying to ease the sudden coughing fit that had overtaken the young captain.

Very minor indeed. XD

"Whatever. Anyway, she's going to be fair game for teasing from now on. Payback for the time when she interrupted..." Natsumi quickly cut in and stopped Maki from talking further. "Leave the poor girl alone, she has enough to deal with as it is."

Aya was looking between the two of her officers. "I don't want to know what happened, right?"

...I do... ><;;

Rika had her perfected 'I have no idea what you are talking about' expression affixed firmly in place. "Who, me?"

XD

"Get a grip on your woman or I'll smack her myself."

HAHAHAHA. This really cracked me up for some reason.

Yossi rather quickly pulled Rika back away from Yuko, and the girl 'accidentally' ended up in the boyish pirate's lap somehow. Rika flushed slightly, but otherwise didn't protest her position. The deliberation went on without any further input from her.

What a wonderful accident that would be...

"And this is her bright idea?" Kei whispered disbelievingly from where she was plastered against the window, with Yuko pushing down on her from behind and Kaori jostling her from the side. Yossi and Rika took the easy way out and were peeking from the back door where Miki had stepped out from.

"Shh, it's getting to the good part."

Lol. I can so picture them all trying to peek into the window like that.

Eri had since vanished (into the crate, but Miki hadn't noticed), and was peeking out through the slats in between the planking and torn between wanting to rescue her friend or just staying safe in her comfort zone. The comfort zone was winning out as of now.

Kamei-in-a-box! I WANT ONE!  :heart:

For indeed, it was Ai who stood breathlessly wielding a large metal ladle like a club, poised for another swing should Miki get within range. The pirate was wise enough not to get nailed for a second time, and was rubbing ruefully at the back of her head, looking Ai over with a different expression.

-dances- GO AICHAN, GO!

...even a few lightly experimental knocks with the almighty ladle didn't seem to do anymore than cause light bruising where they had made contact with Risa's head.

I want one of those, too. -nod-

Taking a deep breath, the barmaid calmed herself, one hand already cradling Risa's clammy cheek...

...and slapping the younger girl hard across the cheek.

Poop. That's not what I wanted to happen. ;-;

"Oh my god I'm so sorry so sorry sorry...I didn't mean to walk in...not at all, not at all...no no...I won't say a word...no, never...I swear...don't kill me Lieutenant!!!"

...I still want to know. XD

"Looks like Miki's method worked after all..."

XD Miki's Method... that should be a book or something.

Ah, this chapter was so much fun to read. <3
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2007, 10:15:03 PM »
^ What Fever said. :wahaha:

Especially the GO AICHAN!!! ;D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2007, 10:49:31 PM »
wOOt for the Melon girls in the previous chapter! :heart:

Anywho, this chapter was . . . great! It looks as though the two sides are finally getting suspicious. I definitely think Rika will choose to stay with Yossi, but Aya's going to get in trouble for having supported her runaway. D: (Ohnoes!)

Kamei was so cute. xD "Wow, I can't believe you are married . . ." It still throws even me off when I read something that says ". . . her wife . . ." xD Still, TakaGaki is great! Gaki was so funny, keeping her mouth shut out of fear of Maki's punishments. xD And, Ai-chan is awesome! Even if she was just using a hot ladle to beat the crap out of Miki, it was still awesome!

Obligatory: Miki <33333

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2007, 02:35:04 AM »
I thought from the start that Eri <3 Gaki lol, so it was not the case, and i was hoping for 3some action...

Now now what would the pirates do.. i sense a tense confrontation next chapter.

I have a feeling that the story will develop in such a way that the navy crew would be expelled from the navy and forced to join the pirates :D

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: All Aboard! [Chapter 16 up]
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2007, 06:10:23 AM »
The image of Eri squashed into a crate is too cute for words. And wow, Ai-chan, that's some spunk there. Poor Gaki finally cracked, but she held out long enough. I wonder what's gonna happen next. Oh and I agree with ferrar1 on the threesome bit  ;D

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2007, 06:28:32 AM »
"Get a grip on your woman or I'll smack her myself." Yossi rather quickly pulled Rika back away from Yuko, and the girl 'accidentally' ended up in the boyish pirate's lap somehow. Rika flushed slightly, but otherwise didn't protest her position. The deliberation went on without any further input from her.

THAT, that is my salvation against your evil trickery and...GAM. And There's no way you can get me! I got my S.H.E. to keep me company, and my hearts still with YoCharMi. What's better than two? THREE! muahaha.

Maaaaaan Risa. I knew it was going to be ERi or Risa that would give it away. Then while I read, I had a feeling it would be Risa from the two since Eri was hiding.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2007, 01:01:58 PM »
*Wakes up in a daze*

wahh....what happened? I remember seeing the words Miki, Maki, Aya and Gang in the same sentence....after that things got a little hazing and before I knew it an hour of fantasizing had past.

Wow, awesomeness. There were a few points I lolled but yeah that how Gomattou fantasy really through me off. I had a look at all the replies you gave to your comments. Holy crap there are a lot of people. XD

Hurray for Maki the playgirl.
Hurray for Eri in a crate! ahah
And hurray for ALL ABOARD.

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2007, 02:48:58 PM »
Woo, Ai-chan rocked, even more than Miki... :p

And it's not that I have little faith in your creativity, I'm more concerned about your endurance. That many characters, it has to be kinda tiresome. Especially with characters as colorful as these.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:50:43 PM by Amarghetta »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2007, 04:57:01 PM »
Forgot to mention...
"Are you sure about this?" Aya asked briskly from where she was sitting on the bed, ignoring the bowl of soup that was meant to be her lunch. Natsumi absently passed another spoonful of the soup to Aya, who drank it just as unconsciously even as she considered the information that had been brought to her.

Aya being fed her soup...KAWAII~!!!  :k-inlove: :luvluv1:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nakagawa Shoko - Strawberry melody