JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - U ~KREVA REMIX~ featuring KICK THE CAN CREW

Author Topic: [CHI] Donnie Yen  (Read 82331 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Donnie Yen
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »
more stills

In order to present completely different scenes from the previous Chen Zhen films, director Andrew Lau and his art director have focused on every detail of the whole scene. The layout and display of the Casablanca nightclub will bring you into the year of 1920. And the Hongkou practice room alone took the crew several months to design and another two months to build.

This film also makes some changes regarding the fate of the main character Chen Zhen, who survives after he goes to the Hongkou practice room alone and then engages in the European battle.

The film is scheduled to be on screen on September 22.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »
even more stills. Shu Qi is like some Commie chick? lol

More stills have been released for Andrew Lau's new action film "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" starring Donnie Yen and Shu Qi. Previous stills showed Shu Qi as a nightclub singer but there might be more to her than that since the new stills have her in Japanese army uniform. The film opens in Chinese cinemas on September 21. [Photo: CFP]

credit: 2010-08-06 13:44:42     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: zhucheng

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 02:59:34 AM »

Donnie Yen to Star in "Wu Xia"    
2010-08-10 16:16:14     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: zhucheng

Donnie Yen has landed the lead role in director Peter Chan's new martial-arts film "Wu Xia" (provisionally "Swordsman"), the Beijing Times reports.

Takeshi Kaneshiro, better known to Chinese audiences as Jincheng Wu, has been confirmed as Yen's co-star.

Gong Li has been offered a role but has not yet accepted it, while Chan says a rumor of actress Tang Wei being involved is not true.

Chan reckons there hasn't been a good Chinese sword film since Ang Lee's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" in 2000 but he hopes to offer some unique sword-fighting scenes in his movie.

"Wu Xia" will start shooting at the end of the month in southwest China's Yunnan Province.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »
LOL back to his roots:

Donnie Yen to Star in Comedy with Carina Lau, Louis Koo, and Angelababy

Media Asia’s most popular martial arts star, Donnie Yen Chi Dan, has become a mainland box office magnet. Although his filming fee has increased astronomically to $25 million (Yuan), Donnie continues to be in high demand. Recently, Raymond Wong Pak Ming convinced Donnie to star in comedy, All’s Well, Ends Well 2011 "至強囍事 2011". In All’s Well, Ends Well 2011, Donnie will portray a make-up artist and have a romantic relationship with model, Carina Lau Ka Ling. This will be the only film in his career where Donnie will not have any fighting sequences. Louis Koo will also portray a make-up artist.

The new All’s Well, Ends Well 2011 will be directed by Chan Hing Ka and released during the same time as the sequel to TVB’s 72 Tenants of Prosperity "72家租客". Since All’s Well, Ends Well 2010 "花田囍事 2010" lost box office sales to 72 Tenants of Prosperity last year, Raymond has strengthened the cast by adding Donnie Yen, Carina Lau, Louis Koo Tin Lok, Lynn Hung Dai Lam, and Angelababy in the new movie. Mainland actress, Yan Ni, will pair with Raymond Wong.

Since the success of Ip Man "葉 問", each of Donnie’s subsequent films have grossed over $100 million (Yuan) in China . Last year his filming fee was $15 million (Yuan), which has increased to $25 million (Yuan) this year. Allegedly, Raymond Wong will be paying Donnie $15 million (Yuan) for only ten days of filming for All’s Well, Ends Well 2011.

After completing Peter Chan’s Wu Xia "武俠" in Yunnan , Donnie will return to Hong Kong to film All’s Well, Ends Well 2011. In November, he is scheduled to film the $300 million project, "大鬧天宮". In a telephone interview, Donnie said, “I would like to film a comedy and test the strength of my comic skills.”

Raymond Wong said, “Earlier, my mother passed away, so I did not have time to plan the production details for All’s Well, Ends Well 2011. I decided to cast Donnie Yen because he has potential in comedies. I also know that he is interested in changing his image and film comedies. In Ip Man, he can fight against ten people at the same time. In the new film, he will play a make-up artist who can apply make-up for ten models at the same time.”

Regarding Donnie’s filming fee, Raymond said, “Let’s not discuss it, otherwise people will say I elevated the fees in the industry! Each time I produce a Lunar New Year film, I put forth a large investment because I want to produce a quality film.” Raymond also mentioned that if Sandra Ng Kwan Yu were not pregnant, he may cast her in the film too.

Source: Appledaily
Translated by: JayneStars

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 08:59:48 AM »

'Chen Zhen' Gets Venice Premiere    
2010-09-02 10:38:30     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Actor Donnie Yen and his wife Cecilia Cissy Wang attend the premiere of the action film "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" during the 67th Venice Film Festival in Venice, Italy on Wednesday, September 1, 2010. Yen plays the title character Chen Zhen. The film was the festival's second opening film. Cast member Shawn Yue (picture 3) also attended the premiere. [Photo: Getty Images/CFP]

some XXXslusive footage!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »

"Chen Zhen" Music Video Released     
2010-09-14 14:13:26     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: zhucheng

舒淇_再见_精武风云片尾曲 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

The music video of the closing score of the action thriller "Legend of the Fist: The return of Chen Zhen" directed by Lau Wai-Keung and featuring Donnie Yen and Shu Qi has been released, iFeng.com reports.

The shadowy lighting coupled with Shu Qi's haunting voice has the ability to move viewers to tears. Scenes of the love affair between Yen's character, the superhero Chen Zhen, and Shu's Kiki are also shown. There is also some implication in the video that Kiki has a relationship with Anthony Wong's character, Liu, the boss of the nightclub where Kiki works.

The video was edited by Lau himself.

new stills, so fucking hardcore!

Director Lau Wai-Keung's new action film "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen," featuring Donnie Yen and Shu Qi, has released new stills. Chen Zhen (played by Donnie Yen) is tortured by a Japanese army officer. The cruelness in the scene is very rarely seen in Chinese films. Kiki's (by Shu Qi) identity is still a mystery. Previous stills show that Kiki is a singer in night club, a Japanese army officer and Chen Zhen's lover. In the latest stills, she's watching Chen Zhen in the torture room. [Photo: QQ.com]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »
Wonder which movie is gonna be a box office smash?

Red Carpet at the Premiere of Film "Legend of the Fist"    
2010-09-15 15:56:24     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: yangliu

By CRI reporter Yang Liu

More than one hundred celebrities were at the premiere ceremony of new action film "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" on Tuesday, September 14, in Beijing.

Director Wai-Keung Lau, cast members Donnie Yen, Shu Qi, Anthony Wong, Huang Bo, Yue Shawn, Huo Siyan, Ryu Kohata, Ma Yue, Akira, Ma Su and Chen Jiajia were all in attendance, posing on the red carpet for fans and media alike.

Senior executives from the film's production companies, including CEO of Enlight Media Wang Changtian, Chairman and CEO of Media Asia Group Peter Lam, CEO of Shanghai Film Group Corporation Ren Zhonglun, producers Zhang Zhao, Zhuang Cheng and Zhang Guoli, were also there to promote the new film.

lol at all the Bruce Lee wannabes..

Even Chinese singer Han Geng made an appearance, and received a screaming welcome from his fans along the red carpet.

Host of the ceremony Liu Yiwei, Chinese comedians He Yunwei and Li Jing, actors Vincent Chiao, Xu Zheng, Gong Beibi, Sun Feifei, Xu Jinjiang, singers Ma Tianyu, Sha Baoliang, Chen Sisi, Xu Fei, Aduo and Dick & Cowboy also graced the red carpet.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
'Legend of the Fist' Has Gala Premiere in Hong Kong    
2010-09-21 09:21:10     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Cast members Shu Qi (left) and Donnie Yen promote the Hong Kong premiere of their film "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" on Monday, September 20, 2010. [Photo: Tungstar/ent.sina.com.cn]

The new kung fu blockbuster "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" has had a gala premiere at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.

Director Andrew Lau, lead actor Donnie Yen and lead actress Shu Qi were all in attendance.

The film marks Yen and Shu's first collaboration. Shu says she admires Yen's work ethics.

"Donnie Yen wakes up early to practice martial arts and shape his figure. He watches his diet, and doesn't eat that much unless needed. He is highly self-disciplined and really respects his work. I learned a lot from him."

And the admiration is mutual.

"I also learned a lot from Shu Qi. Besides her acting skills, she is such a sincere person and she is an actress with real personality. I am looking forward to our next collaboration. I don't know when but I hope soon."

"Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" opened on the Chinese mainland on Tuesday (September 21). It will open in Hong Kong and Taiwan later in the week.

By Liu Yan

he's so confident in his manhood he can rock the pink like a daigong  :yep:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »
BIOTCH!!!

Carina Lau suffers 20 hours without rest, due to Donnie Yen?

Carina Lau is recently busy shooting for Pegasus Motion Picture's All Well, Ends Well 2011. She expressed that for 20 hours she did not rest and implied that it is due to having to rush the scenes with Donnie Yen. Yesterday, Carina, Donnie, Louis Koo, Maggie Lee, Ciwi Lam, Irene Wong and producer Wong Bak Ming attended the movie's press conference. Cecilia Cheung did not attend because she was sick. Carina Lau said: "I was thinking for a long time last night, I can't be suffering like this. I can handle it, but I'm afraid the results won't turn out good. Not enough sleep, lack of oxygen, luckily the dialogue is very funny, so I can laugh."

Asked if it was because of Donnie's several movies scheduled that are overlapping that cause the rush? Carina said: "Should be, definitely rushing him, it's a busy period for him. I am actually not that busy." Donnie explained: "In fact, my schedule is not overlapped, it's just one movie after another. This year it's only 3 movies, not counting the one I'm starting tomorrow." After Carina heard this, she said: "Huh? Another one? Exactly like that. Really have to calculate the overtime money."

Seeing this, Donnie did some sweet talking: "Actually Carina Jeh is a very good actress, very playful, pretty and young. It's rare for her to accept filming movies." Carina replied: "Thank you for picking me!"

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »
Donnie Yen is the 2010 Box Office King

Donnie Yen proves he is the "strongest in the universe" this year.

The Hong Kong actor has three films out this year---"Ip Man 2," "Legend of the Fist the Return of Chen Zhen," and "14 Blades"---and they rocked the box office in Chinese-speaking areas. All three films hit more than 100 million at the box office in Mainland. The "Ip Man" sequel is even the box office winner in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore.

With a combined box office of nearly 485 million, Donnie is very satisfied and he hopes Chinese films will continue to do well in all areas.

"Everyone's acknowledgment encouraged me to do better. I'll not disappoint you guys," says the actor.

Not only his films are popular in Asia, American viewers also paid attention to Donnie's films. In an IMDB poll "Top 25 User-Rated Movies of 2010," his "Ip Man 2" beat popular action movie "Iron 2" and took 12th place as one of the top user-rated movies of 2010.

"You will be blown away by the fights," a user writes, "carefully thought out, executed, and filmed as a true form of art."

Source: Singtao
Translated by: Kay's Entertainment

he can do no wrong, even with comedies:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
the many talents of Donnie Yen!

Donnie Yen and Carina Lau in 'All's Well, Ends Well'     
2011-01-21 15:28:47     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

New Year comedy "All's Well, Ends Well" ("Zui Qiang Xi Shi") is not only the first comeback movie of Cecilia Cheung, but also the first collaboration between Donnie Yen and Carina Lau.

Forty-eight-year-old Yen and 46-year-old Lau star as a couple in the movie. Donnie Yen's role is a cosmetic artist, and his onscreen lover, Carina Lau, is a model. According to a source from the movie's production company, it was Yen himself who requested to act alongside Carina Lau in the movie.

Although Donnie Yen will not showcase his kung fu skill in this film, audiences will be able to watch him dance, something else at which he is very talented.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
Just went to Ocean Park's preview show for the new Aqua City area.
Donnie was the guest for the opening. His family also got an Ocean Park lifetime pass. :lol:

So here's a shaky-mobile-cam pic of him and his wife while they were being interviewed. :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 11:35:18 PM »
YOU MY HERO WINNER!!! :bow: TOO GOOD!!! ssshiiit I wanna fuck his wife

If you wanna be the man, you gotta BE THE MAN!!

'The Lost Bladesman 關雲長' to Hit Cinemas on April 28    
2011-01-27 14:16:28     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

The historical action movie "The Lost Bladesman" ("Guan Yunchang"), starring Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen, will open in Chinese cinemas on April 28, Sina.com.cn reports.

The production company also released a poster featuring Yen's look in the movie. Since it was announced that Yen would portray famous general Guan Yu, also known as Guan Yunchang, in the movie, many fans have doubted whether he could look like Guan as the latter's story is so popular in China and his statue can be seen in many temples throughout the country.

"Yen's look will be in accordance with most people's visual image of Guan Yu," said film directors Alan Mak and Felix Chong.

Yen said he hoped audiences could accept his performance as Guan Yu.

Actor Jiang Wen stars as famous warlord Cao Cao in the movie, a very important character in the story, which tells about how Guan Yu tries to escape from Cao Cao and return to his brother Liu Bei.

Alex Fong Chung-Sun plays Liu Bei, and actress Sun Li stars as a young woman named Qi Lan, who does not appear in the original story.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »
I love it how Donnie's pimpin' MMA in his latest flicks :thumbsup

Ten Questions with Flash Point Star Donnie Yen

Donnie Yen is the connoisseur's martial artist. Quite possibly more than any other recognized Hong Kong action star, Yen's fight scenes have consistently "raised the bar" for the genre. His breakthrough role in 1992's Once Upon a Time in China II featured a fight with Jet-Li that's something of a yardstick for action in the genre. Americans might remember him best as Sky, the legendary swordsman and the first opponent (or ally) of Nameless (Jet Li). Though brief and shrouded in grey and rain, his fight in Hero is instantly memorable and full of the trademark feats of physicality you'll find in any film he commits himself to.

The son of Wushu master Bow Sim Mark, Yen's dexterity in the martial arts is hard to match. He's worked in so many varieties and trained so extensively it seems hard for a film production like Flash Point to hope for a more appropriate star to cast. With mind-boggling fight choreography, Flash Point was honored with multiple awards in it's native Hong Kong and will likely go on to engage the MMA attracted audiences stateside as well. The film stars Yen as a detective trying to save his undercover partner (Louis Koo) from a deadly trio of gangster brothers including Collin Chou, and is in limited release now.

Flash Point features some really impressive mixed martial arts. You have an extensive background in martial arts but I would still think the training would be challenging. Was it challenging? What new things did you have to learn to prepare?

Donnie Yen: The real challenge was in meeting my own expectations. I have such huge respect for MMA fighters, and I was determined that we should make every effort to present their art cinematically, without compromising on the techniques and "reality" of what they do. I underwent MMA training, I watched hours of fight footage and, in the end, I think we came close to capturing the MMA flavor in our fight scenes. The biggest challenge, for me was doing repeated takes of the movements that I choreographed for myself. Sometimes it really did feel like I'd been in a real fight!

I understand that part of the allure of Mixed Martial Arts is the realism of mistakes: Two people can punch at the same time, or sometimes punches won't make contact. Does this expose you to any harm? Is it easier to get hurt when you perform this type of action? Have you had many on-set injuries so far in your career?

DY: I don't think it's possible to have a career in martial arts movies, and certainly not Asian martial arts movies, without sustaining injuries. Ironically, one of my most serious injuries occurred very early in my career, and it wasn't even in a full on martial arts movie. On my second film, this break-dance comedy called Mismatched Couples, I did a stunt where I'm slammed backwards into a wall, and I hurt my shoulder really badly. I also suffered severe burns on my arm doing a scene in my first film, Drunken Tai Chi. All these things add up over the years, and it doesn't get any easier. There is definitely a greater degree of contact in an MMA style fight scene than there is in a more stylized kung fu movie. However, you can get hurt performing the simplest scene. You just have to stay on your guard.

In Flash Point, you're returning as Sergeant Ma, the character you played in S.P.L. What's interesting about this character to you?

DY: Actually, it's a different character with some similar characteristics. We had explored a prequel to SPL (Killzone), because I died in the first film, but it was too limiting in terms of the story. I've played many different characters in my career, but I have to admit that, going back to In The Line Of Duty and Tiger Cage, there's something about this tough cop that appeals to me. I think audiences like to see a film where this guy lays down the law against bad guys who are getting away with hurting innocent people.

What are your five favorite martial arts films of all time, and why?

DY: (I like) Enter The Dragon and Fist Of Fury, because they star my all-time idol, Bruce Lee. Prodigal Son,, starring Yuen Biao, directed by Sammo Hung. In terms of Wing Chun kung fu on camera: Sammo set the bar with that one. And we're trying to raise it (the bar) again with our new film, Yip Man. (I like) Drunken Master, with Jackie Chan, directed by my Sifu, Yuen Woo-ping. That created a whole new style of kung fu comedy. Heroes Of The East, by Lau Kar-leung. This is a classic Shaw Brothers film about a kung fu master who marries a Japanese woman, and finds he has to fight her relatives, all of whom know different Japanese arts. (It's a) Great concept, and someone should remake it. (It's not technically a kung fu movie, but I loved the last Rocky film, Rocky Balboa! Very touching, and the last fight was amazing.)

What's the biggest difference between making films in HK and the US?

DY: Two big differences: time and money! Actually, time, because you can give me all the money in the world and, if I don't have enough time, I can't give you a great action scene. The big difference in Asia is that the action director has complete control over that aspect of the film, from concept to shooting to editing. The Hollywood system is much more organized, and you have to deal with all these different producers etc. In some ways, that can be good. The development of scripts and the overall preparation for a film is definitely better in Hollywood. We have to try and bring the best from east and west together.

What's the biggest challenge to an Asian actor, especially one with a background in martial arts films, in branching out to a Hollywood career?

DY: I think getting a run of really good roles in decent films. You just have to see some of the films that Hong Kong stars have made in Hollywood to see how few good scripts there are for Asian leads. You need a run of films to sustain a career. For some reason, A list Hollywood directors don't tend to want to work with Asian stars, which is a shame. Also, everything takes so long, compared to Asia, meetings after meetings, and often with no result! Recently, there do seem to be more decent projects in development for Asian leads, so let's see what happens.

Are all of the stunts you did in your fights onscreen physically possible?

DY: In Flashpoint, absolutely. We kept the wirework to a minimum. Basically, we just used wires for safety, rather than to enhance the action. Most of what you see in the film's fight scenes is what actually happened on the set. The difference is that we maybe had to do ten or twenty takes, and you just see one! For a kung fu movie, you get a mixture of possible and less possible movements. For the swordplay films, with all the wires, it's all fantasy!

How is it taking direction after you yourself have been a director? Do you ever disagree with your director because you think there is a better way to handle a scene, both in dramatic and in fight scenes?

DY: It's a relief! When I was starring, directing myself, choreographing, producing my own film... Too much! I just worked with Ching Siu-tung (on Empress and her Warriors) and Gordon Chan (on Painted Skin,), and both experiences were just great. As an actor, you want to put yourselves in the hands of a great director, and I really enjoy just focusing on the character and the performance. Regarding the martial arts scenes, after all these years, I may have some comment on how to do something better or faster, but I generally just go along with the action director.

You must get along with Wilson Yip. Flash Point is one of many collaboration with him and you have more collaborations (Yip Man) in the works.

DY: I have a great time working with Wilson. We did SPL (Killzone), Dragon Tiger Gate, Flashpoint and now we're shooting Yip Man. (As I mentioned above, Painted Skin was directed by Gordon Chan). Wilson's very quiet, very focused. When we work together, he really helps me keep on track in terms of the story and character development. We make a great team, and I hope to work with him again!

Tell us more about your latest project, Yip Man!

DY: We're shooting Yip Man now, in Shanghai. Sammo Hung is the action director. I've wanted to do this film for years. I've been training in Wing Chun kung fu, and especially working on the wooden dummy, so I can do justice to this story and this character. We have the full support of Yip Man's family, which is great. Having just done Flash Point, it's great to do a completely different style of action for this film.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10009285-flash_point/news/1716512/ten-questions-with-iflash-pointi-star-donnie-yen/

Fifteen Minute Interview with Donnie Yen

Martial Edge: In Flashpoint you play Inspector Ma Jun, taking on a hardened Vietnamese Gang. Where did you get the inspiration for the character?

Donnie Yen: I get inspired by people I've met in Hong Kong over the years, real local cops, and, I have to admit, by characters I've seen in American cop movies. Its not one guy. Its a combination of influences.

Martial Edge: Flashpoint has been described by some fans as a veiled sequel to S.P.L., would this be accurate?

Donnie Yen: Its not a sequel as such, but maybe its in the same vein as S.P.L., or Killzone, because its a cop thrillerflash-point-new.jpg with MMA style action scenes. I feel we took the action one step further in this film, and I hope audiences enjoy it as much, or more, than they did S.P.L.

Martial Edge: Collin Chou plays one of your adversaries in Flashpoint. What was it like working with Colin?

Donnie Yen: First of all, Collin is a great guy, a really nice person, a family man. He worked harder than anyone I've ever worked with. He has great martial arts skills, and I was really proud that we got to shoot such a memorable fight scene together.

Martial Edge: In the last few years we have seen a move towards more realistic combat in movies such as the Jason Bourne series. With basing the fighting sequences on Mixed Martial Arts in Flashpoint is this a signal that Hong Kong Cinema is making the move towards this style of fighting?

Donnie Yen: I don't know about Hong Kong cinema as a whole. Personally, I'm a huge fan of MMA, and with Flashpoint, and SPL, I was trying to express MMA techniques in a cinematic setting. You have to apply the style that fits the script. My new film, Yip Man, is all kung fu fighting!

Martial Edge: Training for the movie must have been gruelling. What kind of fitness regime did you have in place to ensure that you were in top condition for the start of filming?

Donnie Yen: When I'm going to be shooting a specific scene, I train accordingly. Diet is very important in terms of how you look on camera. For the Flashpoint fights, I trained MMA techniques with my stunt team, combination kicks, punches, takedowns and so on. I do light weight training, more for function than bulk. Luckily, after all these years, my body responds pretty fast.

Martial Edge: Was training ongoing whilst on set?

Donnie Yen: No, I had absolutely no time to train on set. I was starring and action directing, so I barely had time to sit down!

Martial Edge: With Flashpoint you are teaming up with Wilson Yip again. What attributes as a director do you admire and what makes the partnership so successful between you both?

Donnie Yen: Wilson is a very calm person, very introspective. I tend to be more energetic, so that makes us a good team. I tend to focus on the specific scene, and he's very aware of the script and the story as a whole. We've just started Yip Man, which is our fourth film together, so something must be working!
http://www.martialedge.net/articles/interviews-question-and-answers/fifteen-minute-interview-with-donnie-yen/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2011, 07:39:37 AM »
'Strongest in Film & Music' Donnie Yen and Joey Yung sends out CNY greetings

The year of the Rabbit is here! 'Strongest in Film' Donnie Yen and 'Strongest in Music' Joey Yung wishes everyone an upward movement! Both promises to continue their hard work in the music and film scene, bringing more entertainment to audience!

On the strongest first day of Chinese New Year, Donnie Yen and Joey Yung sends new year greetings, wishing everyone 'Everything goes smoothly, strong in everything." They also mutually praised one another. Donnie praised that Joey not only knows how to sing, but she can act too: "I have seen her acting before, very natural! Actually I can sing too, one time I sang Jacky Cheung's Goodbye Love to my wife! (It's a sad song!) I sang it with smiles!" Joey also expressed that she will buy tickets to watch Donnie's films: "The most memorable one was Ip Man, he was such a good fighter! (Are you going to be a female fighter?) Not really."

Donnie had a prosperous year of the Tiger, the 3 films he starred in Ip Man 2, The Legend of Chen Zhen and 14 Blades got nearly 50 million in the box office in Hong Kong and Mainland. Born on the year of the rabbit, this year Donnie will have 3 films go on the big screen, asked if h has confidence to break a record? He said: "Of course the more the better! I want to portray different types of roles, continuing to improve, so audience can have a good time watching. (Get Film King too?) If so, of course it's good!"

It was rumored that his wife (Cecilia Wang) is pregnant. Although both denied to the rumors. His wife expressed that she hopes to have a daughter, Donnie said: "Twins! Awesome! Have one birthday party to celebrate all at once!" When the couple spoke about their 3 year old son (James), they appeared very sweet and praised their son to have talent in martial arts! Cecilia said: "After he watched Mulan, he was tossing his hands and feet, so I am not going to allow him to watch action films, including Donnie's films. However, one time he was pretending to train on stakes, his moves were just like real Kung Fu, just like his dad!"

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 06:26:37 AM »
here's the trailer of Donnie Yen as  the real life tale of the LEGENDARY MANLY MAN Guan Gong (aka the red faced Military God that both triad and cops worship) with his classic blade:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 07:05:33 AM »
werd up just watched All's Well that Ends Well 2011 and shit that drivel that is a yearly thing...well everyone fell in love but man Donnie Yen was hilarious, as a makeup artist with his old rival / classmate Louis Koo recruiting him to a big time dept store.

And his family full of matriachs think he's gay :lol:

Doing all his Ip Man spoofs possible opposite Carina Lau. not a bad movie, good to see Donnie do some comedy again. It has to be hard to be the baddest ass in Chinese cinema and not be typecasted.

Offline Tao Priest

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 10:48:08 AM »

Funny scene from Tiger Cage II.

Offline zeroyui

• ecchi
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
Loved Him in Ip Man, Such a great actor and martial artist :3

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 09:28:37 AM »
Donnie is King :theking

Weinstein Bros. Loves "The Lost Bladesman"
    2011-04-12 11:25:13     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Tian Tian

Chinese heroic epic, "The Lost Bladesman," directed by Siu Fai Mak and Felix Chong, announced that Hollywood heavyweight Weinstein Bros. have purchased its screens copyright in North America, Xinhua reports Monday.

According to Weinstein Bros, they were impressed by the performance of Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen when they watched the films.

A spokesman said Weinstein Bros. will bring "Bladesman" into the mainstream theaters in North America.

Producer Liang Ting revealed that Weinstein did not offer the highest price but they are the biggest fan of Yen in America and they have a long history of cooperation with Yen. When Weinstein Bros were in charge of Miramax Films, they released "Iron Monkey" and earned a box office of $14.7M.

She said, "Weinstein Bros. has faith in our movie. We hope they can help "Bladesman" make it in US too."

OH. MY. GAWD. :shock: so good

more behind the scenes. and interview.

shit gonna be the manliest movie since Bruce Lee last dropped a flick. cuz to be THE MAN you gotta BE THE MAN. Guan Yu is legend, worshipped by cops and triad. Even represented in [noembed]Japanese anime/manga Ikki Tousen (一騎当千) character Unchou Kanu[/noembed]

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - U ~KREVA REMIX~ featuring KICK THE CAN CREW