JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crayon Pop - Dancing Queen

Author Topic: [SPECULATE] Which of the H!P Eggs do you think can make it into MM? One did \o/  (Read 15554 times)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
So yeah. After the graduation announcement yesterday, auditions for the next generation of Morning Musume also opened.

Personally, I'm not fond of auditions because six years ago, there were already girls who already auditioned and I think are definitely qualified for the job: the H!P Eggs.

Yes, such a group exists. They've been around even before I was aware of Morning Musume or H!P as a whole. You've probably seen them in H!P concerts and PVs as background dancers. They definitely have talent, since some have even been placed into mainstream H!P groups, one became a soloist and recently, S/mileage debuted.

The Shinjin Kouen on November will be the last concert the Eggs will perform as a whole. But what happens to them after?

Definitely, a new group consisting of Eggs is out of the question. With the time and effort S/mileage has to go through just to debut, I can't imagine what kind of task they will be asked to do. Double what S/mileage has done? Sell X number of singles in a day? A new Egg group will probably be better for late next year, or after Miyabi gets her 2nd photobook.

People don't want them put in Berryz and C-ute. Although it is quite understandable, I still have to ask "why not?"

It would be a pity if the Eggs would remain in the shadows forever and worst case, be released by the agency.

But now there is hope.

With 3 strong and likable members of Morning Musume scheduled to graduate, there will be an opening. It will be a big void to fill but, it is now a chance for the Eggs to show their years (for others, months) worth of training.

tsunkuboy already said that Eggs are also possible candidates, but most likely only 2-3 at most are going to make the cut. Or maybe none.

But still, there is HOPE!

TL;DR

In this thread, make a list of H!P Eggs and the reason why you think they are qualified or have what it takes to be in Morning Musume. Any number of girls will do. It's just speculation so keep it clean and fun. :twothumbs

PS: I hope that not only the 10-11 Hipsters who know about the Eggs are going to post in the thread. :lol:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:47:02 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [SPECULATE] Which of the H!P Eggs do you think can make it into MM?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »
A new Egg group will probably be better for late next year, or after Miyabi gets her 2nd photobook.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

10-11 people know about Eggs? Hm I guess there are that many :D

I could think about this from many angles...

If it was about choosing the most experienced ones, I would go for these awesome four: Sengoku (whose pic is missing above), Kikkawa, Kitahara and/or Saho.
Saho especially because she got screwed by the S/mileage thing and because she's my favourite. :P

If it was about personality, Konatsu is crazy. Sayaka is an intimidating tomboy. Momoka is a weirdo/airhead. Kikkawa is fascinating/weirdish. KARIN IS BOLD. (But could you imagine Karin performing like Resonant Blue? Kimagure Princess? I think she's out of the question, but who knows)

Ricchan looks and moves in a funny way, always makes me smile, so I guess she fits the personality slot as well xD

If it was about looks, well there are tons of cute and pretty ones :D I'll mention Ayano who I think is really cute, but has been quite unnoticeable so far (to be honest, I just forgot what her name is). I don't think I've ever heard her sing, so even if she was an Egg before it would be like choosing a total newbie lol

If it was about singing talent, the following have particularly nice voices that I like: Sekine, Kikkawa, Saho, Tanaka Anri... Sayaka could be cool with some more control on her voice, she has a unique voice lol.

If it was about who MY PERSONAL FAVOURITES ARE, then I want Akari Saho. :lol: Akari Akari Akari :heart:

Basically I would be fine with any Egg they chose except Sainen (because out of the 1st gen Eggs, she's the least interesting) or Haruka because she's too tiny and too new lol (I know there are other new ones, too, but her age + newness + general awkwardness = I don't see her in MM for a few years to come)

One of the audition 'requirements' said "I want to become cuter"... Well even if many Eggs have had nice hairstyles and stuff, I think there is room for all of them to become cuter even after many years of training, so I don't see that as a problem :3 Egg outfits at concerts are also not as nice generally than the main acts..

I really hope that at least one Egg can make it into Morning Musume! It would be like a dream come true, not just for the Egg but for me as well as a fan. :lol:

EDIT: Morisaki's pic is missing as well :lol:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:53:35 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:57:24 PM »
Because it's funny I'm evil:
if Kikkawa is picked up be prepared for a nonstop barrage of "Yuu and Ai" puns. :twisted:
I honestly don't know much about the Eggs themselves, but it seems like it only makes sense that one or some of them get picked for the group since I thought the whole point of the Eggs was to prepare these girls for something like this. Plus getting someone with experience can help offset/balance the young age of whoever comes in through the new audition. I guess it's time for me to start doing my homework on these ladies. :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:16:30 PM »
OK so I already wrote a post above but there are so many angles to look at this, watch me post again. lol

Let's look at the "requirements" again :D as translated by the lovely lilcazza

10-17 year old girls who love singing, please gather around!

(1)私はとっても元気で明るいです!
(1)I'm really lively and bright!
(2)私は歌が大好きなので、歌手になりたいです!
(2)I love to sing so I want to be a singer!
(3)私は芸能界にあこがれています!
(3)I want to be a part of the showbiz world!
(4)私はもっとカワイクなりたいです!
(4)I want to be more cute!
(5)私の才能を見つけてください!
(5)Please find my talent!
(6)私は今はまだ自信はないけど、いつかきっと輝く日が来るはずです!
(6)I have no confidence now but that bright day will come someday!
(7)私は自信はないけど、周りのみんなが推薦してくれるのでがんばります!
(7)I have no confidence but people around me recommended this so I'll try my best!
(8 )私が芸能界に入らなければ、この先芸能界はつまらなくなると思っています!
(8 )I have to enter the showbiz world, I think the showbiz world now is boring!
(9)私は芸能界でナンバー1になる自信があります!
(9)I have the confidence to be number 1 in the showbiz world!
(10)私はモーニング娘。(ハロー!プロジェクト)が大好きです
(10)I love Morning Musume (Hello! Project)

The ones I didn't bold I assume already apply to H!P Eggs because they won that audition already.
The bits I did bold are what I assume to be the most important requirements when it comes to choosing from the Eggs.

10-17 year old girls
As it turns out, some Eggs would already be above the age limit: Hirano, Tanaka, Sengoku, Kikkawa and Furukawa. (But if the agency/Tsunku really wanted to choose one of these, I don't think their age would be an issue. Still, better be mentally prepared that these girls might be automatically OUT)

Even if the lowest age is 10, I somehow find it very difficult that a girl this young would actually be chosen, just because the songs that Momusu has recently released require some 'inner maturity' (Shouganai Yume Oibito), have more grown dance routines (Kimagure Princess) or require particular confidence/boldness in singing the lines (Moonlight Night) that I don't see a 10-year-old being able to do. So even if the audition says the minimum age is 10, in my mind I'm setting it to 12-13. ROFL
Based on this, at least Karin, Nanami and Haruka would be OUT.

I want to be more cute
It should be remembered that most Momusu audition winners have been raw/hidden beauties or cuties, where it takes time for them to really bloom. Like when they're first chosen, fans go like "WTF IS THIS UGLY GIRL", then later see what it was all about. I'd say there are still many Eggs who are raw beauties (tho not exactly ugly), partly because of their age and partly because Eggs just don't get the same level of styling that MM, Berryz, C-ute, S/mileage do. So that's one reason why Eggs are still good to go.

Also, the girls who generally pass a MM audition have a totally new type of beauty; they're not really comparable to anyone who came before. Like Koharu didn't look like anyone, and Aika doesn't look like anyone. Luckily many Eggs fit this category. But there are some girls that instantly stand out as 'hey, that is new', whether in good or bad, and I specifically remember Manoeri giving me that impression when I first saw her (and now she's a solo singer). Some others like that were Kitahara, Fukumura and Takeuchi, possibly Satou as well.

Please find my talent
Even if Eggs have had Shinjin Kouens, it's not nearly the same as being in Morning Musume. They've had some chances to test their talents, but I think they are still 'raw' enough for more discoveries. There is still potential to poke around. But I have to admit that the newer Eggs are at an advantage when it comes to this.

I'm really lively and bright
Arguably one of the most important skills for a Momusu member is to SMILE. I think the reason why Kikkawa initially wasn't chosen for MM was because she didn't used to be much of a smiling girl (but I think she is now). So I'd just like to point out that Akari has a lovely, bright smile

(PLEASE CHOOSE AKARI)

Other than that, I think the "lively and bright" thing fits all of the H!P Eggs. They wouldn't have passed the Egg audition if it wasn't for it... So me babbling about this is a but redundant lol

ANYWAY Since I'm cheering for Akari, here is why she should be chosen:
- She is 15, possibly the best age for a new member (not disturbingly young, but not too old)
- She is a 1st gen Egg who's had training and experience, so even if there is still room to improve, she will be ready to go instantly on stage, which seems to have been a requirement for Tsunku in the Korean H!P audition (which was the most recent audition and gives an idea of what he's looking for NOW)
- Both in looks and talent she is promising, but still raw and could really bloom nicely
- She is lively and bright lol
- She can do both :D songs and fierce songs, see Aa!
- Her voice doesn't resemble any previous MM member
- She's my favourite
- If there is any reason why she didn't make S/mileage, THIS should be it (aka, saving her for something else)
- She may not talk that often, but when she does, she usually says something unexpected (see her H!P DVD Mag talk)
- Because she's a 'good girl' who studies, I fear that unless she gets a more secure role in the idol world, she'll quit the business sooner or later to focus on studies.... and that would break my heart (not that Tsunku cares lol)

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
Saho sounds like a strong possibility imo, i guess she would fit just fine in to the group... however the only down must be that she is not very talkative and mabe they don't want another aichan at this point (but aichan is the most awesome member ever in momusu so in a very unbiased way XD i see no problem) My second candidate is Kitahara Sayaka because she is awesome and have the experience from Milky Way when she did good imo. Both have a good age to fits in to the group (i dont want a 12 girl doing KP or songs banned just coz the new talent)

Oh and about the audition obviously Tsunku wants to cast additional members for the Eggs or NGP but srsly i hope he choose a +15 girl with some decent vocal range just because the 3 girls leaving have a decent singing skill (at least for what is needed)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:14:23 PM »
I didn't notice that the pics above were incomplete XD

Here is the current lineup for the Eggs. For the lulz

I will post my thoughts in a bit.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »
I only know Kikkawa~ :banghead:
I really expect Tsunku to at least add 1-2 eggs to MM. Having the training and concert experience will be a big plus to help the group pick up speed again.
Add another 2 fresh faces to keep it a good 9-formation again.

Of course, I'm all for Tsunku doing another 'Mikitty' by adding Manoeri. :D

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »
Sayaka Kitahara!!! Great appearance, interesting vocals  :thumbup

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »
Damn. So the age limit automatically DQ's Sengoku, Kikka, Anri, Konatsu and Tomomi. :lol:

I wanted to give those girls a chance but I guess Sengoku can use her innate ability to seduce inanimate objects in a different way. Or why not just permanently make her a Berryz member.

LOL @ Manoeri in Momusu. Who knows, it might be tsunkuboy's grand scheme. :lol:

My picks:

Kitahara Sayaka
- In the borderline between cute and pretty. She was one of the Eggs whose looks left an impact the first time I read about them.
- With her stint in Milky Way, she definitely has an experience advantage and possibly a small fanbase.
- She gives off a Yossy-esque vibe, something the current and the post-Yossy groups lack and something MM definitely needs. But with Sayaka younger than the current members, it might backfire or become a wild shotacon experience.
- Unique voice that may require polishing. Won't be difficult because Sayaka works hard.
- Abs.

Sekine Azusa
- Powerful vocals, definitely top tier among the Eggs in this category.
- She is young, in fact she is younger than Mai from C-ute. Being young gives her lots of opportunities to grow and improve her already good skills.
- Was a background dancer for Manoeri's PVs so she has experience points.
- Projects a good presence onstage and backstage

Saho Akari

- Shugo Chara Egg experience? Check. Manoeri background dancer? Check. Aa!? Check.
- Voice has good quality and consistency - one of her strengths and one of the reasons why I think she didn't make it into S/mileage. Her voice has a different depth compared to Yuuka and co. Not very noticeable but you can hear it in the 1st SCE single when Akari sings her lines. S/aki's voice is more in tune with the other three.
- She was put into Aa! and was not overwhelmed by the two other aces, proving she can go toe to toe with the big guns of H!P
- watch the Aa! performances from the Shuffle Date concert
- read shirenu's posts above

Darkhorse: Satou Ayano
- I don't know why, but I just like Ayano. :lol:

I'll probably update my list as the the audition comes but those three girls are the fastest that comes into mind when I think of H!P Eggs joining Morning Musume.

Quote from: shirenu
KARIN IS BOLD. (But could you imagine Karin performing like Resonant Blue? Kimagure Princess? I think she's out of the question, but who knows)
If S/mileage can perform the Elegies song, surely, Karin can perform those MM songs too. :P

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »
First of all, I just want to point out that Komine is no longer an egg, and Sainen is probably leaving (left?) as well... :/

Assuming Tsunku would add 3 of the eggs, my picks would be:

Sekine Azusa
- I reckon she's the best singer out of the current eggs.
- Stage aura. You can't help but just stare at her whenever she's singing.
- Seems pretty normal personality-wise, but then she hasn't had many opportunities to show it off. The latter goes for the majority of the eggs too, though.

Saho Akari
- To be honest I don't think she fits the "MM" image, so to say, but she's a good candidate and this is Tsunku's chance to make use of her before she leaves along with half of the other eggs.
- Fuck awesome personality. She'd probably be less talkative among seniors, but give her a year getting closer to them and I'm positive she's going to claim a good spot for her character.
- Distinct voice that could be a good addition to the group.
- She can kick your ass.

Furukawa Mizuki
- Screw age restrictions. She's grown a lot from when she first joined the eggs, and she still is. Put her in the group and accelerate it with MM magic.
- She's definitely got the vocals for this.
- Stylish, and I'd even say she's got the looks of a potential idol.

Special mentions
Kikkawa Yuu - I always preferred her over Mitsui, but putting her in the current group wouldn't be the best move.
Satou Ayano - One of my favorite current eggs, and I see a lot of potential in her. I don't think she belongs in MM, though.
Miyamoto Karin - Give her a few more years, feed her some more vegetables and I think we might have the perfect candidate.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »
I like this thread.

First of all, I'd love to see Kikka added.
She's already proven she has what it takes to rise to the top, since that's exactly what she did during the 8th gen auditions and in the Eggs.
But she's been busy being an actress lately and then there's the pesky age limit. (Which may or may not apply to the Eggs, since they've already passed their auditions.)
In my opinion, she'd be the one Egg that would fit the most with what Morning Musume is currently doing. (Second and third would maybe be Anri and Sengoku?)

...But is that what Tsunku is looking for?

Paring the lineup down to 5 signals to me that Tsunku isn't looking to push on in the same direction.  If anything, it's a way to rebuild the group as something fresh.
The 10-17 requirement also says to me that Tsunku wants to go younger/fresher/brighter.
Just look at how that stands up to the previous auditions' age requirements:
3rd Gen: 7th grade+ (12/13+)
4th Gen: 7th grade+
5th Gen: 7th grade+
6th Gen: 7th-12th grade (12-18)
7th Gen (the one with no winners): 9th grade - 20 years old
7th Gen (Koharu): 7th grade - 22 years old
8th Gen: 7th grade - 21 years old

Going to a limit of 10-17 is, in my mind, a great departure from the previous auditions, especially the last few.
The upper limit of the last three auditions says to me that Tsunku was trying for a more mature look/sound for the group, which we've gotten.
Having the age limits set at 10-17 this time is a huge clue as to what direction he wants to go with the group.
Even if they don't end up getting someone from the lower end of the range, they're still targeting a younger range of applicants than before.

So, with that in mind, I don't think you can count the younger Eggs out just because they don't seem to fit quite right with the current more mature sound.
I just think of newly-joined 4th gen performing songs like Daite HOLD ON ME! along with the older members.
At the time that was a cooler, more mature sound than what was to follow.

That said, KARIN IS BOLD. (Maybe a new catchphrase around here?)
Almost ridiculously so.
Ever since her first introduction, she's left a huge impression on me, which is nothing to sniff at.
At 12, she's just right for the age requirement, taking the younger direction into account.
Plus she's already in Mini Moni, and would serve as Morning Musume's bridge to that group.

Maybe later I'll speculate on some of my other favorite Eggs being put into Morning Musume, but for now, this is my best analysis of the situation.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:52:58 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 08:14:15 PM »
Though she's not in the age range, I want to see Sengoku in Morning Musume so baaaaad. Tsunku, please grant me this wish.

Kikka is a good choice as well. When I think of all these eggs and justs annoys to know that Tsunku annouced a 9th audition.

If a 10, 11, or 12 year old gets picked, I'm gonna feel so damn old.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »
Too wasted atm to really argue here but hell, I can feel that Ayano Satou would be able to make it.
Oh, and Akari Saho, of course !

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 08:37:19 PM »
First of all, I just want to point out that Komine is no longer an egg, and Sainen is probably leaving (left?) as well... :/
Eeehhhh Komine left??? D: Why's nobody posting this stuff lol I don't go to 2ch so I dunno :/
That kinda sucks, I liked her...
Not surprised about Sainen though

I do hate that all these girls with potential are going to waste gahh
I love Eggs but sometimes I don't understand why they exist if they're just there to basically break your heart when you expect great things and nothing ever comes :( Stupid UFA

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 10:03:08 PM »
Really? I haven't heard anything about Komine and Sainen!

Wasn't Kominecchi just in the Onegai Dakara PV?
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 12:19:53 AM »
Supposedly she left some time in June, and the reason for the speculations was because she was nowhere to be found in any upcoming schedules. Apparently the eggs are regarded as "normal people" meaning the agency don't have to announce anything if they choose to leave. Pretty ridiculous.

Which reminds me, I don't recall hearing anything when Aoki Erina quit as well.

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »
Kikkawa Yuu  :cow:

'cause she's the only one a know  :rofl:

ok... no.....

but yeah she's the only one i know.
I knew is should pay more attention to this eggs way long time ago >.<
Let's go wiki on them  :P

Hope Tsunku pics more than 1....... better, let it be more that 3 XDDD

Besides if Kikkawa Yuu gets selected I may still have a bigger chance with MM.
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline Scramasax

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
I'd say Kikkawa Yuu and Kitahara Sayaka.  They already have some experience in the "big time" as part of Milky way.  Also, Yuu seems like she was a fan favorite during the 8th gen auditions.  I think that's one of the reasons some fans didn't like Aika in the begginning, having "beat her out" for the position.  Now Sayaka... is built to sell PBs.   :thumbsup

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »
Yuu, Sengoku, and DEFINITELY MORISAKI.

Those three have been my favorite eggs since forever. And have you guys watched Morisaki in concert? She's so bouncy and genuinely excited about everything it seems. I think she'd be PERFECT for Momusu.  :heart:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline NekoMioko

• ecchi
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 03:38:53 AM »
Honestly the only eggs I know are Yuu, Sayaka and Tomomi (but she's 26 already, she can't participate... I like her ;w;)  :nervous

I would like any of them make it into Momusu, they were great in Milky Way :3
(and in the 8th generation auditions I was rooting for Yuu xD)

JPHiP Radio (32/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crayon Pop - Dancing Queen