JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Hug Me Once

Author Topic: RIP Kuro  (Read 4059 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
RIP Kuro
« on: May 13, 2021, 03:35:21 PM »
FYI I just learned via Facebook that Matthew passed away last week Saturday. I noticed that he hadn't tweeted at all about the current Summer Ozumo Tournament and did a cursory check.

Cancer, man...

His Battle Cancer was beyond brave and he be sorely missed. A Great Additon oth Crack Staff. WE met up in 2014 for Morning Musume.

More to come. He had the wackiest radio show. He loved his idols. He postwhored like no onever did before. Fuck.

He chronicled his batter with Cancer here http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=45446.0 didn't want to make a big deal about it. Fuck Cancer. :hip cry:

Rest in POWER Kuro aka Matthew.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: RIP Kuro
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 03:55:41 PM »
Copy/pasting what I out in the other thread:

If memory serves me right, his dad had also passed away from cancer, meaning that Matthew knew he had a chance of getting it himself. When it happened, he faced it and dealt with what he had to do with the dignity and bravery.

Over the years here, Matthew and I shared numerous convos about idol fandom, forum happenings and just random stuff, sometimes publicly and sometimes via PMs. He actually even offered to help me this one particular time when I wanted to buy a new tablet that was on sale but that wouldn't ship to Canada (basically I bought it, shipped it to him in Hawaii, then he took it and sent it to me). I remember it took me a while to get him to let me pay him back for the shipping costs, as he initially kept saying it was no big deal.

The only chance I had to meet him in person was when MM visited NYC. In person he was just as genuine and just as much of a nice guy as he was online.

Mahalo for everything my friend. Be at peace, and rest in power.

Also, fuck cancer

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 04:06:36 PM »
We didn't talk much in recent years, but I felt his presence on Twitter every now and then. Gone way, way too soon. Glad you're free of pain now.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 05:04:30 PM »
We had connected through Facebook, and even though I haven't really been active in any place recently ... I hadn't really been aware enough to notice the silence. Never met in person, but will miss him regardless. Rest in Power, my friend.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 05:55:25 PM »
This sucks. Kuro seemed like such a chill, positive guy, and just rolled with whatever. Rest easy, man.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »
What a legend, I'll never forget whiling away the days chatting to Kuro in the IRC.

RIP mate

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 08:00:44 PM »
Gonna miss him a ton. Always enjoyed talking to him. RIP my guy.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 07:41:03 AM »
I'm incredibly sad to learn of Kuro's passing. Him and I have kept in touch here and there in the IRC years back and later on Twitter throughout the years, and thinking about it he really is one of my longer-running friends in idol fandom. He was always upbeat and we did our best to stay up to date on all the "top heavy" NMB48 girls. :lol: I'll never forget his badass take on his cancer diagnosis. It was basically "yup, I have cancer, next". I'm sure there were rough times and things he didn't share but the way he stared it dead in the face and just kept on living really made an impact on me.

Thank you for being my friend, Kuro.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:50:57 AM by Datalanche »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 02:22:48 AM »
RIP Kuro. I think he was first person I ever interacted with here when I first joined. Just seemed like a real cool person who made others feel welcome to the site. I was hoping that he was still okay although he hasn't logged in since the beginning of the year.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 07:39:15 AM »
A deep Thank YOU to Everyone's responses. Guys coming outta the woodwork! From Twitter to Discord, social media etc. This has been a rough couple of days. Reality is gonna take a while to sink in as we look amongst the memories. Best believe we keep his flame going through his contributions to this community and beyond. I love how he burst in outta nowhere with HUGE ENERGY JPHiP STYLE

Gone way too soon, but never forgotten... Let us Celebrate the life the man the one they call KURO. The Tribute Memorial Long Weekend May 29-30, 2021:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=46660.0

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Hug Me Once