JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kacica - Clay Anime

Author Topic: Dream's Last Chapter // 11  (Read 22146 times)

Offline Sevii

• Member+
Re: Dream's Last Chapter // 09
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2008, 08:32:40 AM »
Uhm, here's to hoping that Ai-chan doesn't connect the dots and realize that Gaki-san spent the night over at Sakurai's. But I'm loving the angst. Oh yes, I am. Mmmhmm.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Dream's Last Chapter // 10
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2008, 10:17:27 PM »
It'll be difficult not to connect the dots though.  :twisted: Sorry for the wait.
Seems like there're takagaki conflicts going on in various fics lately  :lol:

Well, here's chapter 10. Probably the longest chapter yet. Sorry if it's bad. I'll never write all the way into 5am in the night again.  :imdead:

Chapter 10

“How much did you hear?”

It felt like the clock had finally moved on again, as well as the tension that held her in place. Rika all but jerked at the sudden response from her captain.

“Something about you being… being…” Rika couldn’t find words to end her sentence. The whole idea of her reply was simply ridiculous. There were no such thing as immortals, or ghosts, or monsters, or any other category Hitomi’s claims fell into. She should laugh it off and treat it as a joke, but why couldn’t she do just that?

“Being…?” Hitomi prompted her friend again.

“Not a mortal, or something like that.” Rika gathered her courage and finally replied, but not without adding a bit of laughter in it –very forced laughter to be exact. “That’s funny right? Not being a mortal.  I mean, what else can you be? A ghost?”

“To be honest…” Hitomi started, growing worried at the fake laughter produced by Rika along with the trembling voice despite trying to be amused.

“Yocchan…” Rika couldn’t take it anymore. It hurts to feel this way, and it hurts more to pretend. “Tell me it’s not true what I’ve heard. You were just being sarcastic to the priest, aren’t you? You’re not strange like that… ”

Seeing as how Rika had hit full denial mode by now, Hitomi got up for her seat to be by the elder’s side to comfort her. But to witness her best friend’s instant withdrawing reaction made her heart sting. Yet, the truth might be the best thing to solve the situation now.

“Rika-chan. I can’t just answer yes or no. This is more complicated than you think…”

“It’s just so weird…” Rika lowers her head and seems to be hugging herself and completely out of it. “I thought… maybe I could accept this. That you hiding secrets from me was normal because everyone has secrets… but...”

“This is too much for you Rika,” Hitomi was becoming even more concerned with the other’s condition right now. She didn’t think something like this could affect her so much. “Just pretend you never did hear us that day, please? I don’t want to see you like this.”

“After what you’ve just said… I can’t just <i>pretend</i>. I can’t imagine how I’ll see you after today knowing that you’re… I don’t know what you are!” Rika was close to screaming in frustration. She was afraid to know who or what the real Hitomi was. What if her friend was a monster of some sort? Or if she <i>was</i> a spirit that would disappear eventually? To loose Hitomi was worse than to be hurt by her.

Rika was terrified of the truth. Her active imagination wasn’t helping as other than the thought of someone being human, any other species had horrible consequences to bear.

Hitomi on the other hand was nervous to see her best friend act this way, almost like a possessed person if she didn’t know any better. She attempted to give Rika some physical comfort; Rika liked hugs, doesn’t she? A hug always works in calming people down.

“I’ll always be the Yoshizawa Hitomi you’re familiar with, no more no less. So don’t be like this… there’s nothing to be worried about-“

“D-don’t touch me.” Rika jumped to her feet, knocking her chair over in the process. “This is difficult to deal with. I shouldn’t have asked. I should’ve minded my own business… Excuse me.”

Choosing the option of escaping, Rika pushed past Hitomi and ran through the door of their waiting room.

“Rika?” Shocked by the outburst, it took a while before Hitomi realized what was happening.  Immediately she ran towards the door and nearly pried it off. She yelled for Rika across the hallway, but she was already long gone.

This mess that they had tangled themselves into made Hitomi shake, in regret and fear. She slowly lowered herself to the floor, burying her face in her knees and sighing deeply.

“Yoshizawa, you idiot!” She growled into the fabric of her jeans, clenching her fist tightly. “I can’t lose Rika just like that! This is all my fault.“

- - - - -

“How do you like the tidbit?” Even though muffled, within a deserted alleyway in the late evening, his words were clear as day.

“They were great! We haven’t had something this juicy for a long time.” His associate, a stumpy little man with files in his hands smiled with greed as he looks up at the other.

“It’s my pleasure to help.” Ever so charismatic, he returned the expression but without meaning in it.

“I’m still surprised at how you managed it, and why go through the trouble?” Bothered by curiosity and suspicion, the hungry smile began to die.

“I don’t think there’s a need for you to know… ” The taller man sighed, feeling that his time is being wasted the moment he was questioned.

“A-ah…” Understanding the situation almost immediately, the potentially smart and now nervous older man backed up and nodded. “I see, then, thank you for these. I’d better get going before I’m late.”

Bidding farewell to the other, he opened the steel door behind him and disappeared into the building that they were outside of. Inside, the sound of machines working like clockwork filled the entire room with the smell of printed-paper lingering about.

“Edit the headlines, we’ve something better for the week.”

“But sir!”

“Don’t ‘but sir’ me. You guys are working overtimes tonight. We’ve to rush this for tomorrow.”

- - - - -

The smell of tempura aroused her from sleep, and in her consciousness, she felt herself leaning towards the source of the fragrance despite having both eyes still closed. But that’s not right. It was Thursday, and Thursdays weren’t tempura night. There was no such thing as tempura night in her house.

Waking up once again for the countless time since she had gone back to sleep, she took a shorter time to realize where she was.

“This is… Oh right. Sakurai-kun’s place…” She muttered to herself, the prefix for her older friend coming naturally to her by now.

Feeling much better already, she sat up to adjust her clothing that had crumpled horribly during her nap. Apart from the couch, every other part of the apartment was foreign to her. Relying only on her sense of smell, she followed the delicious scent of fried prawn in hopes of finding her host.

It really didn’t take long as Sakurai had an open kitchen separated by a thin wall from the living room. She leaned over the counter top when she realized that nobody was around in the kitchen. Looking down towards the floor, she found her host squatted over newspapers and trying to murder a crab.

“S--Sakurai-kun? What are you doing?”

“Risa-chan! Just in time. I’m making dinner.” The effeminate man lifted his head with glee at the sight of her awakened guest.

“Dinner?! What time is it?” Connecting the relation between dinner and time, Risa flustered when she realized how late it had gotten. She quickly dished out her cell phone and searched for the clock.

“It’s already 8!” She cried in disbelief, but her shock gradually lessens when she notices the mountain of mail left unread in her inbox and a number of missed calls she hadn’t noticed before as well. Almost automatically, she scrolled through the names without opening the messages while frowning as if a horrible crime had been committed.

“Yeah, I was going to make dinner for us both since you haven’t eaten all day.” Sakurai picked up his crab from the newspaper laid floor and settled it on the chopping board like a professional chef.

“I… that’s sweet of you, but I don’t think I can stay. Not tonight.” Risa slipped her phone back into her pocket as she looks up at Sakurai apologetically. The tempura prepared behind him was tempting to sample, but Risa still had her priorities.

“You can’t?” Disappointed, Sakurai frowned and his hold on the crab began to slack.

“I’m sorry. But I wasn’t home since yesterday and… Obaachan must be worried sick!” Risa made her excuse, feeling rather guilty for turning down the man’s offer.

“I see, I understand. Well, so much for fresh seafood, huh?” The chef for the night sighed and wiped his hands clean before smiling again. “Now then, let me see you to the door.”

“You’re not mad are you? I’ll make it up some other time you know. If you want me to, that is.” Risa hurried after her host who had already begun to head towards the main door.

“I’m not mad. I’m just thinking that you should treat me to something better than this meal if you want to make it up to me.” Sakurai looked back with a sly grin at his guest before opening the door to let Risa out. He managed a giggle when he saw his guest sigh in relief.

“I will. I’ll treat you to a feast even.” Risa laughed, definitely relieved and eased of tension.

“I’ll hold you to your word. Now get going, your grandmother must be attempting to call the police by now. It’s almost 24hours.” The man joked and hurried Risa out of the door after saying goodbye.

“Yeah, so much for dinner. But everything’s in place now.” Behind the closed door, his previously warm smile turned to a more sinister one as he proceeded back to the kitchen to prepare dinner for himself. Having a guest around didn’t matter to him as much as it was actually made out to be.

- - - - -

Darkness. Takahashi Ai was accustomed to it already.

Nothing in this empty suspension was real.

As it still was, everything around her was nothing more than black space. Suddenly, she heard the clicking of switches and the familiar sound of something bursting open. She felt herself grow warm, the feeling of tiredness taking over her body similar to how she would feel whenever she finishes an item in a Hello!Project or Morning Musume concert. Adrenaline would rush through her and that feeling of accomplishment at the end of it all.

More lights began to turn on to reveal her friends and second family. She was standing between Koharu, with the rest of the 8-generation girls lined after her. And on the other side was Reina, along with the rest of the Rokkies and finally, Risa was there too, right at the end of the line. But…

Why wasn’t her sub leader standing <i>beside</i> her?

Rather than question herself, she soon felt herself bend over to thank the audience, speaking the usual words that she would say in a real concert MC. It was over now, that much was obvious. With the lights dimming and the girls bidding farewell.

As the stage grows darker, the presence of her friends gradually disappeared with the light. All but one person stayed on stage, and it wasn’t too hard to miss with the individual spotlight hovering above the person’s very figure. It was Risa, smiling ever so cheerfully at the audience which was… also gone by now.

“Gaki-san!” Ai called out with a smile. Why was she even smiling? She felt horrible at seeing Risa again after what she had her go through the last few days. She should be looking remorseful, guilty even, anything but happy.

And she probably deserved what she got next. Risa had completely ignored her.

“Risa?” She wondered out loud. Risa wouldn’t ignore someone just like that, she would’ve at least taken a look at who had called for her… but none of that happened. It was almost as if she treated her as nonexistent.

Short but brisk steps caught her attention quickly. She looked forward to see Risa running across the stage and towards the invisible audience. She looked so happy too, which made Ai’s insides riot violently. She felt betrayed by that expression of joy.

Risa was partially responsible for the conflict too, she thought. So why should she be the only one feeling like crap? Following the bouncing girl’s steps, Ai wanted to know what could’ve caused that smile. There were many things she wanted to know, but right now, she demands an explanation as to why that man is here too.

To witness the girl she cared so deeply for running into her enemy’s arms was like having a piano fall on her, or something equally horrid. It hurts beyond comprehension, for reason she was still unaware for.

“Aren’t they just friends…? But I trusted you!” Ai muttered to herself, none of these words projected through her voice however. It was torture to watch this go on, but she couldn’t control her body. She was rooted to the cold, steel floor and made to burn the image of her best friend and most disliked man behaving intimately into her mind.

It was a nightmare. If there were another word worse than nightmare, Ai would use it. But all she really wanted was to turn away from this. Yet she was still smiling, as though happy for the unreal couple, watching without a hint of sadness.

As time goes on slowly and cruelly, the lights grew dim again. The last she saw was a smug grin before she truly felt her eyes snap open. Her body twitched, telling her that she was back in reality again, that it was all just a dream. Pulling away from the dark that shrouded her view, she realizes that she had fallen asleep on her arm, and surprisingly, the sleeves of her sweater was doused in… were those tears? Seeing the stained material covering her arms, Ai instantly raised her hand to touch her face.

“I was… crying?”

<i>Darkness</i>. Being used to it never meant that she welcomed it, nor the stories it brings.

- - - - -

“Wow, I dreamt that I did something really bad to Ai-chan.” Risa was standing under the taxi stand just behind Sakurai’s apartment. Being alone without company made her remember things that she wasn’t quite aware of during her sleep. She mused over her dreams for the moment.

“Of course, I’d rather be struck by lightning than hurt her…” She spoke to no one in particular and whipped out her phone again to check the messages earlier while she waited for a cab to pass by.

Using the amazing cell phone skills that many teenage girls in Japan possesses, with the push of a few buttons, Risa was browsing through her mails with much ease.

<i>From : Ai-chan
To : Niigaki Risa

…….</i>

“What the heck is this?” Risa wondered out loud as she stared at the messages that consisted of only dots. Giving her best friend the benefit of doubt, Risa scrolled to the next mail assuming the previous was sent due to Ai’s carelessness and tendency to send mails without even realizing it.

I’m sorry, I spaced out while trying to mail you.</i>

“Right…” The sub leader of Morning Musume laughed out loud. She was right after all. She was supposed to be upset with her best friend though, but to be able to laugh at small mistakes like this from the other felt really good. It almost made her forget that they were having a misunderstanding. She wondered what Ai was trying to mail to her.

Where are you? The PV shoot is starting soon! You’re going to be late if you don’t show up now.</i>

Risa sighed to see that her friend had gone into authoritative mode again. Sometimes she just hated that about Ai. Why can’t things be like before when they weren’t the leaders of Morning Musume? Life was so much better.

<i>Your grandmother is worried sick about you.</i>

<i>Why didn’t you answer your phone? The studio was a mess today.</i>

The rest of the mails had Ai lecturing her from everything regarding work to her own personal life at home. It was starting to get annoying by now. Ignoring the rest of the ‘motherly’ messages, she decided to dial home instead to make sure that her grandmother didn’t seriously turn to the police to look for the grandchild.

- - - - -

Rika would rather walk tonight. She had been hiding out in the office and refusing to face anyone ever since the afternoon’s confrontation with Hitomi. She felt stupid for reacting the way she did. She lost herself then.

She wandered through the park, which served as a shortcut from the office to her home, in order to sort out her thoughts she moved to sit down on a bench with hopes of rationalizing with herself.

“She’s still the Yocchan I- <i>We</i> all love and admire, so why was I so worked up? Because she kept something so important from me?”

<i>“Because you’re just plain dumb.” </i>

A voice spoke to her out of the blue. It nearly caused Rika to scream out in surprise, but all she did was yelp. Maybe someone showed up and heard her.

“Who’s there?”

<i>”Who do you think I am?”</i>

Nervously, Rika got up and looked around the park. Nobody was around. Not a single person or soul or even an animal. But animals couldn’t talk! Rika’s legs were starting to tremble.

“I’m just… hearing things. I better get home soon.”

<i>”Hey, wait!”</i>

“Oh god, leave me alone!” Rika cried out only to realize that she was being ridiculous yelling in public in the middle of the night. Deciding to ignore the voice, she picked up her pace.

<i>“No, I’m serious. Ishikawa! Charmy-san…?”</i>

Hearing the unknown voice addressing her with that familiar nickname and in that annoyingly sarcastic tone, Rika stopped arupbtly and made a connection.

“Fujimoto?!”

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:12:29 PM by inDeceit »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2008, 03:43:31 AM »
“Yocchan…” Rika couldn’t take it anymore. It hurts to feel this way, and it hurts more to pretend. “Tell me it’s not true what I’ve heard. You were just being sarcastic to the priest, aren’t you? You’re not strange like that… ”
Moment of truth time. :O

“This is too much for you Rika,” Hitomi was becoming even more concerned with the other’s condition right now. She didn’t think something like this could affect her so much. “Just pretend you never did hear us that day, please? I don’t want to see you like this.”

“After what you’ve just said… I can’t just pretend. I can’t imagine how I’ll see you after today knowing that you’re… I don’t know what you are!” Rika was close to screaming in frustration. She was afraid to know who or what the real Hitomi was. What if her friend was a monster of some sort? Or if she was a spirit that would disappear eventually? To loose Hitomi was worse than to be hurt by her.
Geez, does Yossi even realize what Rika feels for her?

She attempted to give Rika some physical comfort; Rika liked hugs, doesn’t she? A hug always works in calming people down.

“I’ll always be the Yoshizawa Hitomi you’re familiar with, no more no less. So don’t be like this… there’s nothing to be worried about-“

“D-don’t touch me.” Rika jumped to her feet, knocking her chair over in the process. “This is difficult to deal with. I shouldn’t have asked. I should’ve minded my own business… Excuse me.”

Choosing the option of escaping, Rika pushed past Hitomi and ran through the door of their waiting room.

“Rika?” Shocked by the outburst, it took a while before Hitomi realized what was happening.  Immediately she ran towards the door and nearly pried it off. She yelled for Rika across the hallway, but she was already long gone.
:o

“How do you like the tidbit?” Even though muffled, within a deserted alleyway in the late evening, his words were clear as day.

“They were great! We haven’t had something this juicy for a long time.” His associate, a stumpy little man with files in his hands smiled with greed as he looks up at the other.

“It’s my pleasure to help.” Ever so charismatic, he returned the expression but without meaning in it.
Hmmm...conversations that start off this way don't usually end well.

“Edit the headlines, we’ve something better for the week.”

“But sir!”

“Don’t ‘but sir’ me. You guys are working overtimes tonight. We’ve to rush this for tomorrow.”
  Aw shit. Don't tell me, lemme guess...

Some stalkerazzi (who may possibly be in cahoots with Sakurai) was following Risa, saw her knock herself out and got pics of Sakurai talking her to his place.  That idiot.  :grr:

“This is… Oh right. Sakurai-kun’s place…” She muttered to herself, the prefix for her older friend coming naturally to her by now.

Feeling much better already, she sat up to adjust her clothing that had crumpled horribly during her nap.
Something tells me that crumpling wasn't just from her tossing and turning in her sleep.    :tama-mad:

“You’re not mad are you? I’ll make it up some other time you know. If you want me to, that is.” Risa hurried after her host who had already begun to head towards the main door.
Oh geez Risa, don't say THAT. :banghead:

“Yeah, so much for dinner. But everything’s in place now.” Behind the closed door, his previously warm smile turned to a more sinister one as he proceeded back to the kitchen to prepare dinner for himself. Having a guest around didn’t matter to him as much as it was actually made out to be.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

*AICHAN'S DREAM ABOUT RISA*
  :pen_cry:

“Wow, I dreamt that I did something really bad to Ai-chan.” Risa was standing under the taxi stand just behind Sakurai’s apartment. Being alone without company made her remember things that she wasn’t quite aware of during her sleep. She mused over her dreams for the moment.
Oh geez, they have the same dreams, WHY CAN'T THEY REALIZE WHAT IT MEANS!!!  :gyaaah:

She wandered through the park, which served as a shortcut from the office to her home, in order to sort out her thoughts she moved to sit down on a bench with hopes of rationalizing with herself.

“She’s still the Yocchan I- We all love and admire, so why was I so worked up? Because she kept something so important from me?”

“Because you’re just plain dumb.”

A voice spoke to her out of the blue. It nearly caused Rika to scream out in surprise, but all she did was yelp. Maybe someone showed up and heard her.
  :O

“I’m just… hearing things. I better get home soon.”

”Hey, wait!”

“Oh god, leave me alone!” Rika cried out only to realize that she was being ridiculous yelling in public in the middle of the night. Deciding to ignore the voice, she picked up her pace.

“No, I’m serious. Ishikawa! Charmy-san…?”

Hearing the unknown voice addressing her with that familiar nickname and in that annoyingly sarcastic tone, Rika stopped arupbtly and made a connection.

“Fujimoto?!”
Oh shit, it's Sonobe in Miki's body, and Rika doesn't know that it's not really Miki-sama! :OMG:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »
Oh shit, it's Sonobe in Miki's body, and Rika doesn't know that it's not really Miki-sama! :OMG:

<i>Not really</i>, but I could go with that too :lol:

Crap, I forgot to update the title ._.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:11:43 PM by inDeceit »

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Re: Dream's Last Chapter // 10
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2008, 06:25:28 AM »
Oooo update~ thank you~

wah TakaGaki build up!  I can't wait for the fireworks to start when they finally see each other again! 

Still hating on Sakurai from here but you know that already. What is with the creeper! and he better not have sold photos off or something!!  :angry:

and wah...Rika!  I wonder if she thinks she's just losing it all together.  I mean first yossie and then hearing Miki's voice in her head..that can't be good for her state of mind.

can't wait to see what happens next, hopefully Miki will be able to communicate with other people when she learns how to control it...but then again she still wouldn't know of anyone that could help her...poor thing.  oh yeah I'm still curious about the power of the crystal~

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Dream's Last Chapter // 11
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2008, 09:12:40 AM »
I've finally got around to chapter 11.  :sweatdrop:

Chapter 11

God help her if she was indeed hearing voices of random acquaintances of hers echoing in her own head and insulting her even. She wasn’t dumb! But what was she thinking, attempting to rebut the voice that doesn’t even have a body.

“I have to lay off the stress…” The usually perky woman groaned to herself as she quickens her steps in hopes of getting home soon for a cold shower to clear her head.

<i>”You’ve to lay off the Yoshizawa if she’s giving you this much issues.”</i>

“Oh, shut up. What do you know? You’re just a nonexistent voice- What the hell am I doing?!”

<i>”You’re talking to yourself, Ishikawa. You’re going crazy.”</i>

The voice in all its sarcastic nature replied the surprised woman. At first intending to snap back at the voice again, Rika clammed her mouth shut and kept walking. If she would just stop entertaining that voice, maybe it’ll go away.

<i>”Hello, are you there?”</i>

The voice pushed again, wondering why there weren’t any more responses.

<i>”Ishikawa? Hey, I know you’re there... Are you? How does this thing work?! Wha- Ow!</i>

Listening to the Fujimoto-like voice talking to herself was rather amusing to Rika, but as she had intended, the voice did stop eventually albeit arupbtly. She had wanted to worry for a moment there, but remembering how it was just her imagination after a day of nothing that made sense, the voice was probably just her tired mind playing tricks on her.

- - - - - -

<b>Thud!</b>

It was like falling off a three-storey building and landing on her precious butt. Even as a trapped soul, she still wore some sort of garment and she still felt the choking sensation from around her neck caused just moments ago, which pulled her back to the usual irksome abyss.

“My mistake to underestimate you…”

Her assailant looked down at her thoughtfully, rubbing his imaginary beard as if thinking of how to deal with her.

“Get to the point.” Miki grumbled while adjusted her clothes and attempting to get up after her untimely fall.

“I thought it was weird when you weren’t playing my conscious again… so I thought to check on you…”

“And how do you do that? Close your eyes and bam you’re here?”

The sudden long silence between them made Miki think twice about her guess. But the other quickly picked himself up and continued.

“I didn’t think you would be able to figure out how to contact the outside world… Who were you talking to?”

“No one you’d be interested in.” Miki folded her arms and turned her back on the man.

“But I’m very interested.”

“But I’m <i>not interested in telling you anything</i>.” A slight turn of the head and the man was sent an infamous death glare. But that did not faze him one bit.

“That’s fine.” He simply replied to the woman’s stubbornness.

A smile, and he was gone, leaving a bewildered Fujimoto in the dark again.

“What the fuck was that about?”

- - - - - -

“How long has she been like this?”

“Since this morning, before we even got here.”

”So she’s just staring at it?”

“Yeah… look, her breakfast is still untouched.”

“That reminds me, I’m hungry.”

“You better not try to take it. And it’s cold! That’s gross.”

“It’s still food! Who cares? I doubt she’ll notice at this point anyway.”

A mischievous pair of hands stretched out in attempt to snatch the plate of cold bacon and eggs, while the others nearby just stared in anticipated horror. Although the woman seated opposite of them appears to be turned off right now…

Smack!

“Ouch! What the hell…”

“I told you not to try it, Reina.”

”Yeah, Eri did that too and SMACK! Poor girl…”

“Sayu! Why didn’t you tell me earlier then?”

“Well… Uhm… Look on the bright side! You two have matching red hands now!”

Sayumi quickly adverted the question and took her friends’ hands to make a comparison. Reina’s was freshly raw from the sudden slap, and Eri’s was healing rather slowly. After some petty arguing about loyalty and friendship, the three girls decided not to further disturb the dazed Musume seated in front of them for the sake of their lives and all three slumped back again their seat in thought.

“What’s she staring at anyway?” Reina crouched down slightly to catch a glimpse of the cover page of a magazine the stoned women was staring blankly at.

“Friday?!” She yelled in surprise, her voice cracking slightly.

“Shhh! You’re too loud!” Eri pulled the yankii back down to her seat in a fluster.

“Why’s Takahashi reading Friday, I thought <i>she</i> thought that it was all just bullshit.”

“Who knows? Maybe she saw herself in it.” Sayumi kindly suggested with some doubts and a playful grin.

“Hah, yeah right. What can she possibly do to be featured in that piece of nonsense? She’s boring.”

“Reina!”

“But what could be so interesting? Hmm.” Sayumi hummed, trying to pose as a curious detective.

“Aa! She blinked!” Eri exclaimed and withdraw against the seat while the other two were still busy with wild speculations. But that stopped immediately.

Timidly, they all stiffened and carefully watched Ai set the magazine down beside her. All this while expressionless, she got up from her seat and wandered away.

“Ok! I officially declare that weird beyond all reasons even if spacing out is her thing.”

Once Ai was out of sight, Reina slammed her hands on the table as she got up. The timely smack to her delicate hands earlier was enough to trigger her yankiness for the rest of the day. She bent over to grab the magazine and fell back down on her seat. While her two better friends were busy mourning over the loss of Ai’s kinder personality, she began to flip through the pages hoping to find an answer.

“She’s right. What’s with Ai-chan today?” Sayumi pondered, tugging at her pigtails and it’s tangled locks.

“She wouldn’t hit us even if she was our mother…” Eri was about to go on when Reina started nudging her continuously. “What is it?”

“I think I know what’s wrong with our lovely leader. Hey, Kame… Remember the sissy boy?”

“Your brother?”

“What? My brother’s not- No! I meant our makeup artist!”

‘Oh, <i>that</i> one. Something wrong with him?”

“Definitely. Still remember your best friend?”

“Sure, they’re sitting with me right now.” Eri beamed happily and pulled Sayumi and Reina close to her in a one-sided group hug. The girls smiled but that wasn’t Reina’s point. She pulled away quickly.

“The other one!”

“The other one?”

”Get to the point, Reina” Sayumi was already leaning forward in attempt to reach for the magazine after being fed up with playing guessing games involving Eri as a player.

“You guys are no fun.” Reina held the magazine page up which had a short article yet a very large and high quality photo printed in the top corner. The turtle and hare duo gasped in surprised.

“That’s our sub leader!”

“In the arms of someone that’s not our leader in a suit!”

Reina scoffed at the latter remark and pulled the magazine away. “It’s hard to believe, isn’t it? Our sub-leader got hooked to some guy so quickly. If she liked androgynous people like these…”

“I’d know a much better and safer candidate.”

“Ohh, do you now, Sayumi?” Reina countered the narcissistic girl’s knowing look with an amused one of her own.

“Do you think we should help them out though?” Eri interrupted the girls’ mental battle of wits and took the magazine from Reina, analyzing the photo carefully.

“They’re adults, they can handle it. We shouldn’t be a bunch of busybodies.”

“We should be an audience then, right? But first, let’s lunch! ”

Reina and Sayumi didn’t seem to be too bothered by the seriousness of the scandal, and gleefully raced to the buffet table in the cafeteria. Eri however, stayed behind in thought.

Risa wouldn’t risk her career for some guy, Eri was quite sure of that. Something was also incredibly fishy about the photo… but what?

- - - - - -

“Have you found the Guardian?” The unique and feminine voice rang out in the hallway, stopping beside someone slightly taller than herself.

“I’m still working on the search.”

“I insist that you pick up your efficiency, <i>Sakurai</i>. This is no game that we’re playing.”

“My apologies. The Guardian is however, a rather evasive person.”

“I expect better news when we next meet then.”

Sakurai turns and walks away in the opposite direction from his acquaintance, looking solemn and quiet.

“A little while more and you’ll have your Guardian, my dear Sonobe. Just a little.”

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »
Wooo!!  You're back! and with an update!  I was so afraid you had abandoned this story!   :sweat:

but now that you are back I can go back into Sakurai hate mode...well not so much in this chapter though cause I was having too much fun laughing at the Rokkies XD

hopefully Miki doesn't put Rika's life in danger by communicating with her too much...and hopefully Eri will use her Erien powers to figure out that the picture is way to HQ for normal paparazzi quality XD

thanks again for the update!  :luvuluvu:

Offline takagakifan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2008, 04:15:09 AM »
Reina held the magazine page up which had a short article yet a very large and high quality photo printed in the top corner. The turtle and hare duo gasped in surprised.

“That’s our sub leader!”

OMG.... OMFG.... NOOOOOO!!!!!   :mon ref: poor Risa for her to be taken advatage like that, and because when Ai conforts her she'll be coompletely clueless and way too shocked from seeing the cover to defend herself... plus this could ruin her career and reputation I hope this gets cleared up soon
No one on the corner got swagga like us!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »
Oh sunnovabitch, I didn't notice that you had posted up a new chapter!  :sweatdrop:

God help her if she was indeed hearing voices of random acquaintances of hers echoing in her own head and insulting her even. She wasn’t dumb! But what was she thinking, attempting to rebut the voice that doesn’t even have a body.

“I have to lay off the stress…” The usually perky woman groaned to herself as she quickens her steps in hopes of getting home soon for a cold shower to clear her head.

”You’ve to lay off the Yoshizawa if she’s giving you this much issues.”

“Oh, shut up. What do you know? You’re just a nonexistent voice- What the hell am I doing?!”

”You’re talking to yourself, Ishikawa. You’re going crazy.”
Wait a sec, so...Miki's not really there? Rika's just hearing her voice?

Hmmmm...so then, does this mean that Rika is just having a convo with herself (with Miki's voice being selected to be "the other side/POV"), or is Sonobe actually communicating with her, and it just so happens that it's Miki's voice that she's hearing because he currently happens to be inhabiting her?   AND...if it's the latter, then why is Sonobe contacting her in the first place?  :shocked:

Wait, did that makes sense?

”Ishikawa? Hey, I know you’re there... Are you? How does this thing work?! Wha- Ow!

Listening to the Fujimoto-like voice talking to herself was rather amusing to Rika, but as she had intended, the voice did stop eventually albeit arupbtly.
What the? :?

Heh, it is kind of funny if you try and put yourself in Rika's shoes while it's happening. :P

“I didn’t think you would be able to figure out how to contact the outside world… Who were you talking to?”
HOLY CRAP! IT WASN'T SONOBE, BUT MIKI!??!!?
:stunned:
Dang, how'd she figure out how to do that? :dunno:

“My mistake to underestimate you…”

Her assailant looked down at her thoughtfully, rubbing his imaginary beard as if thinking of how to deal with her.

A smile, and he was gone, leaving a bewildered Fujimoto in the dark again.

“What the fuck was that about?”
So...Sonobe can actually manifest a body for himself now, and he can interact with the real world?

“How long has she been like this?”

“Since this morning, before we even got here.”
Uh-oh. :O

”So she’s just staring at it?”

“Yeah… look, her breakfast is still untouched.”

“That reminds me, I’m hungry.”

“You better not try to take it. And it’s cold! That’s gross.”

“It’s still food! Who cares? I doubt she’ll notice at this point anyway.”

A mischievous pair of hands stretched out in attempt to snatch the plate of cold bacon and eggs, while the others nearby just stared in anticipated horror. Although the woman seated opposite of them appears to be turned off right now…

Smack!

“Ouch! What the hell…”

“I told you not to try it, Reina.”

”Yeah, Eri did that too and SMACK! Poor girl…”

“Sayu! Why didn’t you tell me earlier then?”

“Well… Uhm… Look on the bright side! You two have matching red hands now!”
Proof enough that "she" (my bet is that it's Aichan) isn't totally zoned out. :lol:

“What’s she staring at anyway?” Reina crouched down slightly to catch a glimpse of the cover page of a magazine the stoned women was staring blankly at.

“Friday?!” She yelled in surprise, her voice cracking slightly.
Aw fuck I knew it.  :banghead:

Risa probably hasn't seen it yet, has she? :cry:

“I think I know what’s wrong with our lovely leader. Hey, Kame… Remember the sissy boy?”

“Your brother?”
BURN! XD

I meant our makeup artist!”

Reina held the magazine page up which had a short article yet a very large and high quality photo printed in the top corner. The turtle and hare duo gasped in surprised.

“That’s our sub leader!”

Reina =  :mon determined:
Eri/Sayu =  :mon scare: :mon scare:

Aichan =  :mon oshitwc:

“It’s hard to believe, isn’t it? Our sub-leader got hooked to some guy so quickly. If she liked androgynous people like these…”

“I’d know a much better and safer candidate.”

“Ohh, do you now, Sayumi?” Reina countered the narcissistic girl’s knowing look with an amused one of her own.
:mon spit:

Reina and Sayumi didn’t seem to be too bothered by the seriousness of the scandal, and gleefully raced to the buffet table in the cafeteria. Eri however, stayed behind in thought.

Risa wouldn’t risk her career for some guy, Eri was quite sure of that. Something was also incredibly fishy about the photo… but what?
Eri comes to save the day!  :cow:

“Have you found the Guardian?” The unique and feminine voice rang out in the hallway, stopping beside someone slightly taller than herself.

“I’m still working on the search.”

“I insist that you pick up your efficiency, Sakurai. This is no game that we’re playing.”

“My apologies. The Guardian is however, a rather evasive person.”

“I expect better news when we next meet then.”

Sakurai turns and walks away in the opposite direction from his acquaintance, looking solemn and quiet.

“A little while more and you’ll have your Guardian, my dear Sonobe. Just a little.”
SAKURAI'S WORKING FOR SONOBE!!!!
:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2008, 05:18:42 PM »
You mean I haven't mentioned Sakurai and Sonobe's relation YET?!  :O
I guess that slipped my mind while doing this chapter.. I've been forgetting alot...

Offline takagakifan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »
HUH? wait what does that mean  :?
No one on the corner got swagga like us!

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »
I was just referring to JFC's last quote. Too lazy to actually quote it, but yeah.. he sounded as if it's the first time I'm mentioning Sonobe with Sakurai straightforwardly since the progress of the story.. but I can't actually remember if that's the case since I've put off this fic for some time. Long enough to forget where I'm heading with the plot at least  :-X

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2008, 05:09:56 AM »
^
You could very well have mentioned it in a previous chapter, and it was actually me that forgot. Memory ain't what she used to be, you know, and I was too lazy to re-read it all to be sure. 
:P

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
OMGASSS Gaki snapped by Friday?? And Ai-chan saw it??!?!? How come the Rokkies aren't the least bit worried? It;s FRIDAY!!! :lol: They were super entertaining. I couldn't stop laughing XD Glad to see Eri thinks something is fishy. Is she gonna do a little sleuthing on her own? Ai-chan should just grab Risa into a hug and tell her everything that's bothering her. Phone messages like those can't make Risa feel good about their relationship. Any chance of updates in the near future?

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kacica - Clay Anime