JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - Peanuts Butter Jelly Love

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238703 times)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #760 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:04 AM »
Finished up season 2 of Shinya Shokudo, was easy to zip thru it as they're only 25 minutes an episode, wasn't quite as good as the first season but still was a solid watch, still much better than most dramas around.
Next up will be a double shot, haven't seen enough Karina/Yuriko shows so hoping this will be good, :yawn: but really been looking forward to the second one, just finished it's season last week, think it's going to be a winner. 8)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2012, 02:42:54 AM »
Finished those 2 dramas, top one was Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu, what a disappointment, quite boring, mostly unlikable characters, really nothing good to say about it. :twisted:
On the other hand the second one Saigo kara Nibanme no Koi was an absolute joy, best drama I've seen since SPEC in the fall of 2010. :shocked: Won't appeal to everyone, high quality show that's funny, fast paced and smart, get's a very, very high recommendation from this baka. :thumbsup

And she was one cutie, :yep: surprisingly doesn't have her own thread.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #762 on: April 13, 2012, 02:10:23 AM »
Now on to this pair, this one is a bit silly and over the top but so much that it's been an okay watch, though not the same reminds me a bit of Otomen. :?

And of course we all know how good Bunshin is. :cathappy:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #763 on: April 15, 2012, 06:55:30 AM »
Ouran High School turned out okay, quite silly and inane but sometime when you go so far over the top it it can turn out alright, worked here. :shocked:
Taking my time with Bunshin as it's only 5 episodes :sweatdrop: so just started this one tonight.

Offline hyoyoung

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #764 on: April 17, 2012, 05:23:03 AM »

Long vacation
Just watching some "old" stuff.
I like the old doramas, especially from japan.
Long vacation is awesome!

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #765 on: April 18, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »
I'm slowly (much emphasis on slow) working my way through Sabadol and Kaseifu no Mita.

As for the current season, I'm looking forward to Mirai Nikki when it comes out on Saturday. :D

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #766 on: April 18, 2012, 07:18:55 AM »
Current season seems so much more promising than the winter season, only a handful worth watching from then. :sweatdrop: Still on Zenkai Girl and about to start into this drama, watched the movie tonight which was followed by the series, usually works the other way around. :huhuh

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #767 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »
The 3 episodes of Blackboard were really good. Check it out if you have the chance.

Usual new season dramas list (from most interested down)

Mirai Nikki Another World - Not out yet. But I loved the anime, and it's got Gouriki. Easily the one I'm most anticipating.
Legal High ep01 - Cute Gakky. :inlove: Lotsa funny stuff.
Taburakashi Daikoujyoyuugyou Maki ep01-02 - Probably the most interesting theme of this bunch. Renting a person.
Mikeneko Homuzu no Suiri ep01 - Cute Aiba. :roll: More classic detective drama. I like this type more than ATARU and Kagi.
Toshi Densetu no Onna ep01 - Another detective drama. Quirky city myths make it pretty interesting too.
ATARU ep01 - Rainman turned detective. Has it's laughing spots. Alright so far.

Kurohyo 2 ep01 - Cuts all the drama, goes straight to the fighting storyline. Pace is pretty fast, hope the rest of the show is the same.
Kagi no Kakatta Heya ep01 - Info overload. Slows down the show. Otherwise it's ok. Erika Toda saves it.
Kaeru no Oujo Sama ep01 - A jdrama about music is kinda rare. Not really interested in it yet.

EAsROCK ep01 - Weird sentai drama. Too short, dunno if like or not.
37-sai de Isha ni Natta Boku ~Kenshui Junjo Monogatari~ ep01 - Another hospital drama. Nothing special.
Taira no Kiyomori ep01-14 - Getting kinda boring. Probably one of the weaker recent Taiga dramas.

Kodomo Keisatsu ep01 - Zero interest whatsoever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:07:57 PM by winner »

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2012, 07:03:07 AM »
^^ Another World is out at DA, unsubbed, watched most of it and looks to be a real promising drama but I'm one who has to rely too much on subs. :sweatdrop: Just finished up Bunshin tonight, while quite good think more than 5 episodes would have been better, still was a solid watch. Also watching Toshi Densetu no Onna, first episode was really interesting and offbeat, next 2 episodes look promising too. :) Kagi no Kakatta Heya was solid but yeah about that info overload, reminded me a bit of Liar Game which at times over did it with all that info, still thought it was a solid first episoe though.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #769 on: April 25, 2012, 02:07:10 AM »
Zenkai Girl, up to episode 7, been okay but these middle episodes have dragged a bit, too much filler, :sweatdrop: think it's one of the shows that would have benefited from being 9 episodes instead of 11.
Second episode of Toshi Densetsu no Onna was top notch, :thumbsup think they've got something working well with this drama, not up to the par of the Trick series but giving off the same sort of vibes as it did, hope it continues.
Another World was the best new one so far, action and suspense filled, wondering where the storyline is going to go, episode one ended off with this, almost under the impression it could be like a Liar Game/Battle Royale type of show. :panic:

Hoping to start this tonight, either this or the Detective Conan movie but haven't seen enough Aya lately so this may get the nod. :yep:

Offline Borp

• ecchi
« Reply #770 on: April 25, 2012, 03:00:16 AM »
Really late to the game on this one but man, City Hunter is great

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #771 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »
Really late to the game on this one but man, City Hunter is great
Hi Borp. This thread is mainly for Japanese dramas. For Korean drama discussion, try the Korean Drama Thread. :thumbup
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=11243.0

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #772 on: April 26, 2012, 04:06:25 PM »
Picked up Kagi, Legal High, ATARU, and Mirai Nikki. Pleased with the first eps so far, haven't been this excited for dorama in a long time. Here's hoping I finish all the series this time!

Offline moegenki

« Reply #773 on: April 26, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »
Getting around to finally watching SPEC 1 year later.. :bounce: I tend to not watch the last few episodes of a drama to not let it end and then completely forget about it.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #774 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:50 PM »
Picked up Kagi, Legal High, ATARU, and Mirai Nikki. Pleased with the first eps so far, haven't been this excited for dorama in a long time. Here's hoping I finish all the series this time!
Nice choices. The 2nd episode of Kagi was much better. More simple to understand making it more fun.

Some of the dramas I skipped in the previous list.
Clover ep01-02 - Really liking this one. Yanki story with some laughs. Reminds me of Drop. :)
Papadol ep01 - Nishikido Ryo falling in love with an older convenience store girl (Yuka). It's OK. I'd place it under Kagi.
Cleopatra na Onnatachi ep01 - Feels like a long commercial for plastic surgery. Not really interested. Waste of the cast.

Also, the Yonimo Kimyona Monogatari Spring SP was great as always. Some say their twists aren't as surprising anymore. I guess this time it was pretty easy to guess what the twists were. We have seen this show for 20+ years already, pretty hard to catch people of guard now.
Kutsuna Shiori's mini-story was darn cute. :oops:

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #775 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »

Kagi no Kakatta Heya ep01 - Just watched.  I thought it was really excellent!   :thumbup
Mirai Nikki Another World ep01 - kinda like Liar Game.  I'm hooked.  That kiss!   :wub:
Legal High ep01 - hilarious!  It's a gem!  Hope the ratings improve.  :nervous

Okay, I'm off to bed  :panic:

Offline zaizai152

• ecchi
« Reply #776 on: April 28, 2012, 11:03:53 PM »
Hana Yori Dango is great

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #777 on: April 29, 2012, 02:27:43 AM »
Kagi no Kakatta Heya ep01 - Just watched.  I thought it was really excellent!   :thumbup
Mirai Nikki Another World ep01 - kinda like Liar Game.  I'm hooked.  That kiss!   :wub:
Legal High ep01 - hilarious!  It's a gem!  Hope the ratings improve.  :nervous

Okay, I'm off to bed  :panic:
Sleep tightly :cathappy:.... Another World is great, can't wait for the second episode, have Legal High just haven't started it yet. Kagi no Kakatta Heya watched the first 2 episodes, been okay though a bit confusing at times, also the first 2 episodes of Juunen Saki mo Kimi ni Koishite, been better than expected, maybe because it's only 6 episodes so no time for any filler which is what dragged down Zenkai Girl a bit, on episode 9 of it, just a so-so watch, the cast has been fine just the storyline has been too simple and predictable. :(
Think I may start this later on, don't know much about it but those are the kind of shows that appeal to me. :huhuh

Offline NaomiMaeda

• Member+
  • Nao-chan
« Reply #778 on: April 29, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »
I started watching 3 new dramas. And that would be:

1. Kagi no Kakatta Heya -  a very interesting, my type of drama which is really mysterious. It reminds me of Liar Game but that's because of Matsuyama Hiroaki and Toda Erika, probably. And I really like... no, I love those explanations about locks :D Enomoto is one interesting character. So as Aoto is :)
2. ATARU - this one might be even better. Both dramas have similarities though (main character's unsociable and always rubs his fingers while thinking, lead actress is detective/lawyer who's really honest and optimistic and has a not so energetic boss). But ATARU's character is autistic which is really interesting for me. Also, I like Kuriyama's character Ebina Maiko.
3. Toshi Densetsu no Onna - well, this one's a kind of unique drama. I like the fact that you can hear many Japanese urban legends here and Masami's doing pretty good in this drama, too.

I might start watching Ume-chan Sensei too but I'll better wait for all episodes to be subbed because I don't want to end up watching all those 156 episodes raw...

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #779 on: April 30, 2012, 12:42:36 AM »
Watched Papadoll last night, loved it a lot. Nishikido is always great, Kanjani is a big plus, and Yuka sure is pretty. Just waiting for subs for ep 2 of this, and Mirai Nikki..

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - Peanuts Butter Jelly Love