JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tougenkyo

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238629 times)

Offline sugartrick

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #520 on: September 29, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
Currently watching Unubore Keiji (or Unubore Deka) with Tomoya Nagase. Really liked him in My Boss My Hero, and he shines comedically in the episodes of this series that I have seen so far. There will be a series of well known actresses in each episode (already have seen Ai Katoh and Yu Aoi in the first two episodes) but it is Mika Nakashima that is really fun to see. Hope her part keeps getting attention.

watching this currently aswell :3 kudo kankuro is an awesome scriptwriter and didn't disappoint me this time either, this show is pure gold :D

the p o w e r of 9 ♥

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #521 on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:53 AM »
I've watched many dramas lately. NOW I'm watching Momo Love :)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #522 on: October 09, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »
Currently watching Unubore Keiji (or Unubore Deka) with Tomoya Nagase. Really liked him in My Boss My Hero, and he shines comedically in the episodes of this series that I have seen so far. There will be a series of well known actresses in each episode (already have seen Ai Katoh and Yu Aoi in the first two episodes) but it is Mika Nakashima that is really fun to see. Hope her part keeps getting attention.

watching this currently aswell :3 kudo kankuro is an awesome scriptwriter and didn't disappoint me this time either, this show is pure gold :D

Just finished episode 3 and 4. Ep. 3 with Kanako Higuchi. She is a well known actress with many roles, but she is lately most recognizable as Okaasan, married to Otousan, the proud Shiba Inu papa on the Softbank commericials. Ep. 4 with the always lovey Erika Toda. Looks like Mika Nakashima will get some more action in Episode 5.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #523 on: October 17, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »
In order of interest again:

SPEC (ep01-02) - Sequel to Keizoku, which I haven't watched.
It has a Fringe feel with SPEC (super-powered) criminals running wild. Though the crime-solving reminds me more of Trick and Jikou Keisatsu. The moody camerawork is great.
And Erika Toda's KY character acts all weird/cute in it with her messy hair. :inlove: (I'm so biased)

Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso (ep01) - Satomi Ishihara doing another loopy character. Just how I like it.

Q10 (ep01) - Its got Acchan in it. :)

Himitsu (ep01) - Traffic accident causes dead wife's soul to switch into daughters body. Pretty emotional 1st episode.

Guilty - Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna (ep01) - Simply having Miho Kanno act the anti-hero already has me stumped (totally not what I'm used to).
Her acting 2 personalities, 3 cases occuring in the same episode, dogs giving birth. It's too confusing~ :lol:

Iryu 3 (ep01) - More of the same...Wait, genius trainee Mitsuki Tanimura! :panic:

Yamikin Ushijima-kun (ep01) - Story from the angle of debt collectors. Pretty interesting stuff.

Jyouou 3 - Special Edition (ep01) - More of the same.:shakeit:

Kurohyo (ep01)- Based on the PSP Yakuza game. Punch punch punch. Nothing special.

Basically a bunch of weird dramas. :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:53:09 PM by winner »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #524 on: October 17, 2010, 02:11:12 PM »
Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso & Q10 :thumbup

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #525 on: October 17, 2010, 05:15:09 PM »
Reinoryokusha, Q10, Liar Game S2, and going to start Dragon Zakura today :hump:

Offline sugartrick

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #526 on: October 17, 2010, 10:24:19 PM »
still watching unubore and yesterday started watching ohitorisama. not sure if i'll continue though~

the p o w e r of 9 ♥

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »
I certainly watch way too many doramas :oops:, couple recent watches in the last few weeks.
Uramiya Honpo, season one- Can't find it subbed anywhere but luckily can follow along with it close enough, Ayumi as Uramiya is one sultry tough revenge artist, also watched both specials and season 2 is on deck. :thumbsup

4 Shimai Tantei Dan- Sort of a zany drama/comedy about 4 sleuthing sisters who solve 1 or 2 murder cases every show led by the youngest sister played by Kaho. Quite corny and predictable but I enjoyed it. 8)

Also just started Hancho, so far so good, with season 2 of Uramiya Honpo and Otomen on deck. :P

Offline lina_sama

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #528 on: November 17, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »
Right now I'm watching Hi My Sweetheart and Prince who turns into frog are really good doramas :thumbsup

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #529 on: November 19, 2010, 10:58:57 PM »
Finished up Hancho, give it really high marks, just a basic police drama but done in such a good way. Likable characters, interesting stories, nothing over the top, just a really enjoyable drama, highly recommend it. :twothumbs On to Otomen now.

Offline Scatterbrain

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #530 on: November 22, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
I just finished Majisuka Gakuen and Nihonjin no shiranai nihongo

Now, I'm following Q10 (Acchan is the reason why, obviously)

That's all by now...
Idols, idols everywhere >.<

Offline kaylies

« Reply #531 on: November 22, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
Currently, I am re-watching LIFE.
This is one of the few dramas that I would willingly watch again and again and never get tired of it. I am addicted lol

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #532 on: November 22, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
Currently, I am re-watching LIFE.
This is one of the few dramas that I would willingly watch again and again and never get tired of it. I am addicted lol
Completely agree with you on LIFE. I am not one to use hyperbole- but this was as moving a drama as I have ever seen on television. Touching on the theme of group cowardice versus individual bravery, but also emphasizing the beauty of empathetic friendship, and truth prevailing over darkness and greed. Please watch this drama if you have the chance. :thumbup

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #533 on: November 22, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »
^^ Read most of the mangas though I thought the show might be a little too sad, after reading those posts may give it a try. :yep:
Currently watching Otomen, quite a strange series, quite lame and predictable but have to admit I'm enjoying it, fits into the guilty pleasure category. :roll: Really like Kaho, think she has the potential to become quite a popular actress in the next few years.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #534 on: November 23, 2010, 12:40:37 AM »
^^ Read most of the mangas though I thought the show might be a little too sad, after reading those posts may give it a try. :yep:
Currently watching Otomen, quite a strange series, quite lame and predictable but have to admit I'm enjoying it, fits into the guilty pleasure category. :roll: Really like Kaho, think she has the potential to become quite a popular actress in the next few years.

Agree that watching Kaho in this series is worth the watch. And the series actually has some pretty well written comedic moments.

Offline Scatterbrain

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #535 on: November 23, 2010, 02:03:42 AM »
Can you recommend me something of this season, please?
Idols, idols everywhere >.<

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #536 on: November 23, 2010, 02:51:44 AM »

Agree that watching Kaho in this series is worth the watch. And the series actually has some pretty well written comedic moments.
Yeah, you're right about the whole series in general, there are so many funny moments, :lol: got 2 episodes left, sort of hoping it wasn't going to end. :w00t:

Offline nicander

• Member+
« Reply #537 on: November 23, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »
just finished Shinzanmono yesterday, and now watching Reinoryokusha, Juui Dollittle and Q10

Offline Genbu

• ecchi
« Reply #538 on: November 24, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
for now, i have finished watch Iryu - Team Medical Dragon and Jyouou, two of them are first season dorama, and Maid in Akihabara
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:03:22 AM by Genbu »

Offline raiki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #539 on: November 24, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso , ishihara satomi is so cute..........
also been finished old dorama titled motokare...

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tougenkyo