JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - 8gatsu no Himitsu

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 754799 times)

Offline Patrick_03

Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1860 on: January 03, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
hahaha nice report Kei_86 and thanks for deliver my message, i'm gald to see that Serina liked the card  :lol:

Offline neonero

• Member+
« Reply #1861 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:46 PM »
Nice reports guys. Makes me wanna handshake Kaoru and Reia now. :)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1862 on: January 04, 2013, 03:35:12 AM »
I'll quickly throw in my 15 yen on the current lineup plus Manami.

#03: Was my favorite member for a long time, but she never really stood out in group handshakes. Ever since they started doing individual handshakes I've been to her 2-3 times I think, but it's hard to spark a conversation with her since she's generally pretty shy.
#06: Very monotonous during group handshakes, no idea about individual.
#09: When in doubt about what to talk with Rurika, usually giving her compliments does the rest for you. lol
#12: People that don't visit Umeko's individual booth have no idea what they're missing. She's very talkative.
#13: Never been to her booth. She's infamous for being kind of a "monster" handshaker, though.
#14: I have a bit of a grudge on Sakacchi after last year's pair handshake event. lol I went to Sakacchi/Kaede three times, and for those who don't know, Sakacchi talks a lot...
#15: Got to love Asahi. I haven't spoken to her since March, though, so I'm pondering if I should visit her booth on Sunday since she tends to forget. :P
#16: Fun to go to if she actually remembers you.
#17: Never been to her individually, but she's pretty much the same as Tonooka. You'd have to know what buttons to press.
#19: Super shy. :lol:
#20: I'm pretty neutral on Ai-chan. It's a real struggle to try and take your eyes off of her during lives, but I literally don't know what to talk about when shaking her hand.
#21: My favorite member so I guess that speaks for itself. I think I'm closing in on the 100th handshake...
#22: Fun to talk to and cute as hell in person. My topic of choice is always Kaede, though. lol
#23: The monster of all monsters. Give her even 1 second of silence and she'll be talking about the color of your socks or something, which could be a good or bad thing depending on the circumstances. lol
#24: Very considerate and easy to talk to, both from personal experience and event reports.
#25: Never been to her booth, but she seems really popular among girls for some reason.
#26: Because her line always lacks people she's been getting more innovative. I remember when she brought board games to her booth, and when she offered to hit you on the shoulder. :lol:
#27: Kurumin is so fucking cute it's not even funny. I only know Kurumin as a ChocoLe member, but I don't think she's any more different in Idoling!!!.
#28: Only talked to her for the 5th gen meet & greet. Nice first impression, especially with that voice of hers.
#29: My favorite´out of the handshake monsters. She's a monster on so many levels --- she always starts off by calling you by your fan-sama name which surely makes most fans all fuzzy inside.
#30: The other day we were talking about how grown up men are paying 1000yen for 1-on-1 sessions with a 13-year-old girl... Only in Japan, guys! But seriously, met her a few times on the meet & greet and she seems like the fun type.

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1863 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:11 AM »
So jealous you get to see them anytime you want. I never would have thought Maipuru and Yurippe to be shy on handshake events. Asahi and Amimi looks fun to talk to. I think it's always harder to talk to your favorite members because you get starstruck especially if it is your first time. Goodluck on the 100th handshake!  :lol:

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1864 on: January 04, 2013, 05:02:10 AM »
This whole inner circle psychology of handshake events is something I don't know if I'll ever be able to understand or really get behind.  I guess I kinda almost said the same thing on one of the more recent pages in this thread, but its weird to see people post these "impressions" of people that they got based on 20-second interactions :D I guess its just one aspect of the fandom of idols I've never really gotten and never really will. I've met plenty of idols, and its great and all, but most of them I'd never have a reason to meet more than once and I'd definitely never start trying to formulate hypotheses of their personalities based on a handshake interaction which is very staged to begin with. Such a weird subject for me, but I see lots of people do it on AKB forums as well.  :?

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1865 on: January 04, 2013, 09:26:53 AM »
It's impossible to tell who's genuine and who's not, so you just have to keep in mind that taking everything with a pinch of salt helps a lot. :lol:

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1866 on: January 04, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
This whole inner circle psychology of handshake events is something I don't know if I'll ever be able to understand or really get behind.  I guess I kinda almost said the same thing on one of the more recent pages in this thread, but its weird to see people post these "impressions" of people that they got based on 20-second interactions :D I guess its just one aspect of the fandom of idols I've never really gotten and never really will. I've met plenty of idols, and its great and all, but most of them I'd never have a reason to meet more than once and I'd definitely never start trying to formulate hypotheses of their personalities based on a handshake interaction which is very staged to begin with. Such a weird subject for me, but I see lots of people do it on AKB forums as well.  :?

hahaha yeah indeed, I guess it would depend on the community that you're in I guess? We have a small wota community over here in Malaysia where we would gather from time to time and then share stories and news of the various idol group that we all like. Nothing makes a better story than a handshake event story  :lol: Our community is pretty diverse when it comes to the idol of choice so its a lot of fun listening to everyone's story and that has somehow motivates everyone to go for it.

but whatever it is...

Sessions with Reia was just soooooooooooooooo adorable~!!!! I just had to go to her again XD

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1867 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Yeah, handshake events are f'ing awesome. From top idol groups to the more obscure ones, it's always great fun. I like that it gives you a chance to 1. see the girls up close 2. actually talk and interact with them 3. convey your thanks/appreciation/whatever 4. you might see a new side of the girl that you don't see while she's on stage.

It's almost like a little adventure every time. You don't know what to expect and the outcome is always different, yet you always leave with a smile.

A 1000 yen a pop gets expensive real fast, so that's why I love Afilia Saga where you can go to their cafe and if you're lucky you get to hang out with the girl for a full hour and it only costs the price on one meal (800~1300 yen). XD

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1868 on: January 04, 2013, 01:50:04 PM »
Yeah, handshake events are f'ing awesome. From top idol groups to the more obscure ones, it's always great fun. I like that it gives you a chance to 1. see the girls up close 2. actually talk and interact with them 3. convey your thanks/appreciation/whatever 4. you might see a new side of the girl that you don't see while she's on stage.

It's almost like a little adventure every time. You don't know what to expect and the outcome is always different, yet you always leave with a smile.

A 1000 yen a pop gets expensive real fast, so that's why I love Afilia Saga where you can go to their cafe and if you're lucky you get to hang out with the girl for a full hour and it only costs the price on one meal (800~1300 yen). XD

Fuck  :banghead:  i really need to move to Japan   XD

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1869 on: January 04, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »
No, my favorite one is in Ikebukuro, but they also have one in Roppongi, Ueno and Shinjuku.
To avoid getting off topic I'd recommend you check/search the Afilia thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=26182.0

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #1870 on: January 04, 2013, 07:53:41 PM »

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1871 on: January 04, 2013, 10:47:25 PM »
That was fast, the links are already gone.

Offline roptopsop

« Reply #1872 on: January 06, 2013, 08:42:49 AM »
Does anyone have the latest ishigakigima dvds or are they up anywhere?

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1873 on: January 07, 2013, 03:52:14 AM »
So, Hatix, hellguard and I went to see the first and last Kirakira Winter Land of 2013 the other day (01/05). Participating members were #16, #17, #19, #21 and #27.

Setlist:
One Up!!!
Konayuki ga Mau Machinami de (Solo: #17)
Koi no 20rensa
MAMORE!!!
Megami no Pulse

It felt pretty meaningless to line up for tickets at 10 in the morning for a 19~ performance so we had to stand in the back. But this meant that we wouldn't have to worry about being there in good time, so we decided to get a glimpse of the members as they would have to walk a certain path to get to the stage. Kaede spotted me so personally I was satisfied. lol
Behind the members among the staff were Kadosawa P and Mori D, and Hatix which is kind of acquainted to Mori tried to get his attention but to no avail...

We went back to see the live and then hurry back to catch them on their way out. We had perfect first row spots... or so we thought until Amimi and Hii-chan were the first ones to come out and then almost get assaulted by some old dude who pushed his way through and tried to touch Amimi. Having first row and everything I could clearly pick up Mori D going "That guy is dangerous", so the staff made a wall for the rest of the members who practically ran out from the stage with no time to make contact with the fans waiting.

As the girls were in the Niconico shrine for a live broadcast we were still in first row and Mori D who had noticed Hatix was here during the live came to talk to him, as well as another staff that none of us was familiar with. They chit-chatted for a bit and then Mori curiously asked if hellguard and I were friends of his, which lead to the revelation of a mini overseas Idolinger meet up going on. :lol: We got to talk for a few minutes until the girls were done, once again running out, and the old dude still being hysteric. Mori bowed, we bowed back, and hopefully this meeting will lead to something some day.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:07:06 AM by Ayabie »

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1874 on: January 07, 2013, 04:32:06 AM »
Wow, another great report from Japan!!! Thx for Ayabie (Hatix & Hellguard too  :D :D). Btw is it Mori-D already notice us, Idolinger on fansama overseas?? (especially at JPHP non-stop Idoling!!!) I think that's a good opportunity for another overseas event in the future :twothumbs :twothumbs

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1875 on: January 07, 2013, 05:16:23 AM »
Not sure about the community board but surely he noticed every overseas fans on twitter.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1876 on: January 07, 2013, 08:07:42 AM »
aaaw awesome stuff guys, job well done. Keep this up and maybe something might happen  :lol:

Offline neonero

• Member+
« Reply #1877 on: January 07, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »
Ah, memories brought back by this video. :grin:

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
Idoling!!! 3D videos on 3DS
« Reply #1878 on: January 08, 2013, 01:12:13 AM »
So I've seen a ton of videos on YouTube and read a lot about the 3D videos that Idoling!!! was putting on the 3DS service last year, and I'm wondering if they're somehow still available to view through a Japanese 3DS account or is there an archive of them somewhere that maybe you can download to the SD card and watch at some point? I'd really like to watch all these, but the YouTube quality is horribly bad and I'd like to actually watch them in 3D. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance if anyone has more info  8)2

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Idoling!!! 3D videos on 3DS
« Reply #1879 on: January 08, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
Well it's no good, you cant access it from outside Japan. Unless you proxy your connection i guess. I tried it with my 3Ds before this, didn't work for me.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - 8gatsu no Himitsu