JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Kizuna Song

Author Topic: screechingsoul's OS Collection  (Read 8547 times)

Offline screechingsoul

screechingsoul's OS Collection
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »

:shy1: Hello everyone...! screechingsoul here. Just want to share my not-so new oneshot (actually I posted this story a year ago..) :sweat:

Christmas Present (WMatsui)

The house was filled with quiet darkness of night, with only a decorative lights came from the Christmas tree providing illumination. In just a few ticks of the clock, people all over the world would be celebrating Christmas.

As the tiny twinkling lights flickered over the walls, Matsui Jurina sat next to the staircase watching the ever changing shadow across her with a child’s delight. Her eyes however, while fascinated with the reflections, were continually drawn back to the figure that now moved beside the Christmas tree— “The red clad intruder” which also been the source of the noise that had awakened her earlier that evening.

While Jurina silently observed the girls every movement, (The body’s shape was unmistakable.) the last conversations she had with Rena suddenly flooded back in her mind.

+++

“What present do you want to receive this Christmas Jurina?” Rena asked, feeling a bit awkward at her own question.

They were at AKB Theater’s changing room, and Jurina was busy packing her things preparing to go home—to their shared apartment. Jurina was so glad at the thought that Rena was there to fetch her. The two of them were left alone in that room, as the other members left the place and went to their own personal destinations. After hearing Rena’s question, Jurina pause for a while, as if thinking of something.

“Uhm… as of now, I can’t think of anything yet.” She just shrugged her shoulders then resumed from what she was doing. “Why Rena-chan, are you planning on giving me some presents?” Jurina asked back and turn her face to Rena who was sitting in front of the huge mirror.

Rena saw a teasing smile plastered on the young girl’s pretty face, at the same time she could see her own reflection blushing and was trying so hard to hide it from Jurina by fixing her fringe.

“Just tell me what present you want.”

Jurina could sense that Rena began to feel uncomfortable even though it’s just the two of them occupying that room still, Rena cannot control herself from being self-conscious. So Jurina walked toward Rena’s direction, bent down a little and wrapped her arms around the older girl, in an attempt to lessen the uneasiness she felt. Jurina’s ministrations are becoming effective; Rena starts gaining composure upon feeling the younger girl’s warm embrace enveloping around her.

“All I want is to spend my Christmas with you Rena-chan.” Jurina glanced at her ever so shy lover through the mirror with a smile.

Rena returned her smile. But it didn’t last long; it quickly changes into a frown for the girl remembered something.

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I have work to do ‘till Christmas day. So I guess, we can’t spend much time together.” Rena stated, she then pouted her lips like a fish that made Jurina giggled.

The younger Matsui found the expression so cute that she couldn’t resist herself and gave Rena a quick kiss on the cheek before the girl could react.

“It’s okay, we can start spending it together today then?” Jurina replied, showing off her tempting smile and hinting Rena that naughty thoughts were playing in her young mind.

Without any word or protest, Rena just leaned the side of her head into Jurina. Enjoying a peaceful moments in her young lover’s arms. Jurina could smell the oozing sweet fragrance coming from Rena, as she inhaled it and held it inside. The smell got sweeter and more intoxicating as she got used to it, inviting her lips to move into the smooth flesh of the older girl’s neck. Tantalizing soft fluttery kisses to that area.

On the other hand, the sensation of Jurina’s warm lips brushing on her sensitive neck, made Rena tightly shut her eyes. It sent shivers that coursing her entire body, and a hushed moan crept out from her mouth. To Rena’s surprised, the chair where she was settled has been spun around by Jurina. In no time, the two of them were comfortably facing each other.

“I love you…” Jurina said, gazing intently at Rena to inform her that she seriously meant it.

Not waiting for an answer, Jurina placed her hand around the back of Rena’s head and pushed the older girl into her, capturing her lips for a gentle kiss. Their eyes slowly closed upon contact. In response to her lover’s endearing statement, Rena encircled her arms around Jurina’s slender waist, pulling it closer that cause the younger Matsui to be seated on her lap. Rena responded to the kiss intending not to stop, letting Jurina know that she wanted it too.

“Let’s get out of here now and continue this at home, shall we?” Jurina suggested between heavy pantings, after their mouths departed.

Their foreheads pressed together and Rena saw mischief dances in the younger girls’ eyes, after those words were said. Jurina really wanted to take it to the extreme.

“But… I can’t go home right now, Takamina-san will be holding a meeting for the older members and I have to stay here.” Rena replied, her chest heave up and down. Those intense kisses leave the two them absolutely breathless.

“Oh, I thought you are here to fetch me.” Now it was Jurina’s time to pout her lips. “Takamina organize a meeting for what?  I haven’t heard about that.” Jurina was absolutely clueless of what was that all about.

“Like I said, the meeting was for the older member only, younger ones not included.” Rena explains as she run her palm along Jurina’s face, heaping a few strands of hair that was covering her slightly sweating face.

“You have no plans of sitting on my lap all day are you?” Asked Rena, as she realizes what position they were in.

Thank God nobody accidentally walked in and caught them in that position. Jurina chuckled softly and stole one last kiss from her before pushing herself up and Rena was left amused by the younger Matsui’s playful gestures.

Sadly that day, Jurina heads home by herself, as Rena was held back at the theater for the “unknown” meeting.

The next couple of days were a mystery that Rena always leaves their apartment early in the morning and she got home late at night. She was so busy and every time she arrived home, Jurina was already sleeping. The two of them did not have a chance to spend quality time together to which Jurina found to be really odd. Like, what kind of job Rena was doing until late at night? They didn’t even have time to talk. Christmas was just around the corner and as usual Rena had gone out early, leaving the poor Jurina alone.

The young ace just kept herself busy by assembling and decorating a little Christmas tree. She didn’t know how to cook any sumptuous meal for a Christmas feast, so she decided to bake some cookies and brought melon pan for Rena to eat when she came home. Jurina accomplished the entire task that day and suddenly felt tired, she yawned quietly and made her way upstairs to the bedroom where she soon sleeps peacefully.

+++

Now Jurina got back to her senses, and her eyes was still glued to the person who woke her up from that sleep.  A female figure dress in red and she was crouching down beside the Christmas tree with a large bag beside her that she was rummaging through. Studying her, Jurina would see her often referring back to her list. Then back to her bag looking for something and coming back up with a lovely little frown on her face. Jurina watched her, examining her lithe figure and the way her clothes fit over her body, especially her tight behind.

Keeping her naughty thoughts aside, Jurina stood up from her hiding spot and carefully walked to the girl’s direction. Seemed a little confused of what and why the girl did this. The clock strikes twelve, and now it’s Christmas. The Santa clothed girl had her back turned as Jurina approached and was quiet enough that the girl didn’t seem to notice her, even as she came up and stand right behind her back.

“So… is this the work that you’ve been telling me Rena-chan?” Jurina spoke, and watched as the girl’s body tensed up for a moment.

Stopping in the middle of reaching into her bag, Rena stayed in that position for a moment and turned around slowly.

“Oh! h-hi Jurina.” Rena answered as she faced Jurina, seeming a little embarrassed.

‘Rena-chan looked so cute in that outfit.’ Jurina thought, as she saw her close up.

“Now I know why you’re so eager on asking me what I want for Christmas.” She said while her eyes wandered all over Rena.

“You’re not supposed to see me, but I was having trouble finding your gift so—.” Rena trailed off as she seemed to realize she’d been blabbing a bit.

“That’s because I didn’t tell anyone what I wanted until now.” Jurina replied.

“Takamina-san said that she was uncertain on what to get you, so she just told me that I am the one to deliver your present, but I can’t find it here.”

“I want you to be my present Rena-chan.” Jurina hurriedly got closed to Rena and launched a surprise hug, to which Rena’s face turned almost red as her outfit.

“Jurina… I’m not sure if I can… I’ve got to deliver these presents to the other young members on my list.” Rena smiled back shyly at Jurina’s attentive stare, though showing curiosity toward the proposition.

“I know you’ve got a job to do, but doesn’t that job also entail getting me what I want?” Jurina suggested playfully, as she tightened arms around Rena’s body.

“Yes but—” Rena paused from talking; an idea came into her head.  “Wait, I’ll have to call Takamina-san first.” She snatched her phone from her side pocket and dialed a number.

Jurina loosened her embrace, for the older girl’s convenience. After a little wait, Rena seemed to finally got hold of Takahashi Minami and explained what the 16 year-old girl  wanted.

“Uhm… yes, but what about my other task?  . . . You should have told me earlier.” Rena lightly scratched her left cheek and listened intently on the phone.

“Uhh… okay, I got it.” She brought her hand up her forehead and shook her head in embarrassment. “Sorry for bothering you, Merry Christmas to you too, bye.”

As the call ended, Rena slipped back her phone on her pocket and meet Jurina’s puzzled gaze. She accepted this job because it’s the very first time that the older members agreed to organized such a unique idea of visiting the younger member’s household to dropped their presents for Christmas.

“Aaah… Jurina, I guess I am to be your Christmas present they are sending. Takamina-san is sending—”

A knock sounded at the door.

“—someone over to finish my task for me.” Matsui Rena trailed off as the door opened.

A tall, slender and short haired woman dress in similar clothing as Rena, peeked around the door.

‘Eh! Mariko-sama? How did she get in here so fast?’ Jurina asked herself.

“I’m not interrupting anything am I?” Mariko questioned, as she caught sight of the two.

“No,” Jurina responded, “not yet anyway, come on in.”

Mariko walked in and got busy gathering up Rena’s bag containing of gifts. Her eyes scanned the list. “Oh good, there aren’t that left to do.” She turned and was on her way out when Rena spoke on her retreating back.

“Uhm… thanks, and sorry for bothering you with this.” As Rena said this, she could feel her self-conscious level risen up again.

“Oh it’s fine with me, it’s Christmas anyway. I can’t think of any gift to Jurina aside from you. Just enjoy yourselves and… Jurina,” Turning her attention to the grinning girl. “Be gentle on Rena okay? Take it slow…” Mariko’s smile grew a little broader as she left.

Jurina chuckled, as she closed the door behind her and made sure it was shut tightly against the cool winter air.

“So what now?” Rena asked, she had trouble meeting Jurina’s mischievous gaze for more than a second.

“Well, since my present is here…” Jurina teasingly puts her index finger under her chin. “I must now open it.” a Cheshire-cat grin imprinted on her face, then she sauntered slowly back over to where Rena stood.

Jurina instincts were telling her right now to jump at the older Matsui and start ripping her clothes off. She drew Rena right up against her, and pressed their bodies together. She lowered her mouth down to the latter’s lips and let her hand roamed over Rena’s back, blatantly grabbing her behind a number of times.
She slowed down on her kissing and unfastened the two buttons of Rena’s red Santa dress, like a kid whom excited to open her gift, and because of the air’s coldness, Rena’s pale skin got even whiter, her neck and her chiseled collarbone. Jurina’s fingers resume working on the next buttons in urgency. But before she could go for further unwrapping, Rena grabbed her eager hands to stop her.

“How about we take this in our bedroom hmm…?” Rena suggested with a quirky little smile on her face.

With that, Jurina’s radiant smile came in view, as her eyes shining with excitements. She hurriedly took hold of Rena’s wrist and pulled the girl along behind her, as they made their way upstairs to their bedroom.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:33:54 AM by sophcaro »

~My other fics can be found here~
http://screechingsoul.wordpress.com

Offline mo-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Juritan! \(*ω*)/
Re: Christmas Present [Wmatsui]
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:22:16 PM »
yea I've read it  XD
rereading won't kill me :lol: 
 it's wmatsui after all :cathappy: :deco:

Mayuki&WMatsui
Jurina is my oshi forever!! (>w<)/
 Mo-chan Fanfics:
Don't be ashamed when you love me
 One Shots
My Page

Offline Koneki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:07:39 AM »
that's why  I felt like "I've read this before...mmh" (I read it on tumblr) xDDDDDDDDD

but I like it a lot so  :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

PS: you should write the smut part for this Xmas ԅ(‾⌣‾ԅ)

~ KamiOshi 松井玲奈 || AKBOshi 高橋みなみ~
Twitter Tumblr (migikata48)

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 03:10:06 AM »
So sweet Wmatui

Please also make Mayuki

Offline screechingsoul

Re: Romance is an illusion [oneshot]
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
 :mon hi: Though this oneshot is  over a week late for valentines day, still the heart month isn't over yet... :mon sweat: Hope you like it...

~Romance is an illusion~ (WMatsui)

Hearts, flowers and chocolates.

Damn it, Matsui Rena was surrounded by hearts, flowers and chocolates. She actually hated every second of it.
Of course, it was no different from any other Valentine’s Day.
Rena had been working at the Chocolates and candy shop for three years now, and every year when the red and green of Christmas gave way to the red and white of Valentine’s Day, she felt like screaming. It was a good job other than those couple months a year, but damn, those couple months were hell. Rena couldn’t remember a time she’d liked Valentine’s Day. In school, when other kids had exchanged at least those stupid little cards with heart shaped decorations, she’d invariably gotten nothing, other than maybe a pity card or two from kids who gave cards to everyone.

When she was in second year of high school, she confessed to her sempai for the first time, but he’d chosen to reject her and she’d remember that day was exactly Valentine’s. After that, Rena had made it a point not to have a boyfriend, not that many guys were interested in asking her out anyway.

So now, at twenty-two Rena was single, cynical and wishing Valentine’s Day did not exist. Along with the stupid candy hearts, heart-shaped chocolate boxes, and bouquets of flowers that the shop owner insisted on carrying at this time of year.

“Miss, what would you recommend I give my girlfriend?” asked the man at the counter. “It’s our first Valentine’s Day, and I don’t want to be too mushy, but I want to make sure she knows I’m thinking about her.”

Rena switched into sales mode. “Well sir, does she like chocolates?”

“No, she doesn’t eat refined sugar.”

Good thing he’d come to a candy store to get her a gift, then. Some of these people had to have left their brains at the curb.

“Then what about flowers?” Rena asked again.

“I think she’s got allergies. I’m not sure.”

“Then I’m afraid we may not be able to help you here, sir. All our candies and chocolates contains sugar, and the flowers are real, which means if she has allergies she’s going to have problems with them. I’d suggest the greeting card shop two doors down; they may have something she’d like.”

“I didn’t come in here so you could tell me to go somewhere else. I came in here to get a gift for my girlfriend. What kind of salesperson are you?”

“The kind who didn’t feel like dealing with an idiot during Valentine season.” Rena muttered to herself but voiced out a different answer. “Sir, if there was anything we sold here that your girlfriend might be able to eat or to look at without sneezing, I’d tell you. Unfortunately, there isn’t.”

“You can bet I won’t waste my time coming in here again.” He stomped away.

Rena shook her head. Obviously romance made people lose their minds. Romance like that even existed. As far as she was concerned, it was only an illusion, created by the greeting card, candy and floral industries to boost their profits.

The evening wore on, with more frantic boyfriends and a few frantic girlfriends coming in to find things for their partners, interspersed with occasional parents looking for things for their children or children looking to buy for their parents. Finally, with ten minutes till closing, Rena went to the door to lock it. Just as she turned the lock, someone tapped on the window. Rena sighed and opened the door.

“May I help you, Miss?”

“Are you still open?”

It was on the tip of Rena’s tongue to say no, but a glance at the clock showed her that eight minutes still remained. Her boss wouldn’t be pleased if they lost a sale because she was sick of dealing with people for the night.

“Not quite yet.” She replied. “Please, come in.”

“Thank you. I promise I won’t take much of your time.” The smiling customer walked through the shop, stopping at the display of flowers and at the pyramid of candy boxes that Rena had had to rebuild twice that day.

“Are you looking for something for your boyfriend?” Rena asked, hoping to hurry her along.

“Oops… correction, someone I hope might become my girlfriend.” The girl replied, and flashed a playful wink at her. “Do you have any suggestions?”

“O-Oh,” Rena blushed instantly, but tried to cover it by clearing her throat. “Erm— It depends on what she likes. We have a wide assortment of candies and chocolates, and I can put a box together for you if none of our pre-packed boxes appeal to you.” Though Rena hoped the customer would take a pre-packed, so she wouldn’t have to be here any longer than necessary. “We also have flowers, though if you want to wait till Valentine’s Day to give them to her I’d recommend buying them that day so they don’t wilt in the meantime.”

“I’m not sure she’d like flowers, but candies and chocolates usually goes over well.” She walked over to the group of flowerpots that held heart-shaped lollipops. “Or maybe some of these, so she gets both. I think I’ll go with that.”

Thank goodness. A quick decision. “Would you like those boxed?” Rena asked.

She picked out half a dozen of the pops and brought them to the register.

“Yes, that would be nice if you have time. Or you could just give me a box and I’ll do it when I get home. I know it’s late.”

“Not a problem.” Rena carefully put the pops in a rectangular box and rang up her purchase.

Their hands touched as she passed the money and Rena jumped as though she had shocked her. Rena chose to ignored it, though, and told her, “Have a nice night.”

“Thanks. You too.”

Then she left, and Rena finished closing up, then went back to the efficiency apartment she called home, though there was little home-like about it. She didn’t bother staying up for the nightly news, just undressed and went to bed. To her annoyance, she dreamed about her final customer.

The next day, three days before Valentine’s Day, was more of the same. People demanding that Rena help them find the perfect Valentine gift for their loved one, people asking foolish questions, and the smell of chocolate and flowers combining to make her nauseated. It didn’t bother her any other time of year, of course. Only at Valentine’s Day.
The store was empty ten minutes before closing, but Rena intended to not lock the door, though she could have. She had a feeling that her final customer from the night before might make a repeat appearance. Sure enough, as the clock hit seven fifty five, A lady clad in a dark office suit came through the door.

“Sorry to be here so late again.” She said. “The heart pops seemed like such a great idea, I decided to come see what else I could find, but I didn’t get out of work till a few minutes ago.”

“You must work strange hours, if you don’t get out till this late.” Rena mentally kicked herself.

What difference did this girl’s work hours make to her? She didn’t want small talk; she wanted her to make her purchase so she could go home.

“Not strange, just long,” she replied. “Too long. I was at the office twelve hours today.”

“Does your potential girlfriend know about your hours? Some women would want more time with their partners than that, I’d think.”

Yeah great, like she was even remotely qualified to give relationship advice.

“Oh, I’m sure they would. I don’t have any reason to leave the office now, you see. If she agrees to what I ask her on Valentine’s Day, I’ll have someone to spend time with, and I won’t want to spend quite so much time with spreadsheets and proposals.” She went to a display of chocolate truffles that Rena had set up earlier that day. “I think I’ll take a half pound of these,” she said. “I don’t know if she likes them, but if not, maybe she’ll share with me.”

“Or you could get a full pound, half for her and half for yourself.” Rena automatically commented.

She laughed. “You’re a good salesperson. Sure, I’ll do that.”

Surprised that the customer agreed so easily, especially given the cost of the truffles, Rena weighed and boxed a pound for her and rang it up. This time when she paid, she looked into her eyes; Rena blushed and looked away.

“You’ve been wonderfully helpful.” She said. “My name’s Jurina.” extending both her arm and took Rena’s hand.

“I-I’m Rena. Nice to meet you.”

Jurina gave her hand a soft squeezed, and held it longer than a typical shake. “Nice to meet you. Have a good night.”

“Thank you. You too.” Jurina released her hand, to Rena’s relief, though part of her wished she hadn’t.

What a stupid reaction! Jurina was here buying candy for some woman she had a crush on. Thank goodness she walked out the door without noticing Rena’s reaction.

The next night, with two days to go before the dreaded holiday, Jurina came in again and bought a bag of jelly beans.

“It’s kind of a kid thing, but maybe she has a playful side.” Jurina explained.

“Could be.” Rena wished Jurina wouldn’t keep talking about her mystery woman; she was becoming unreasonably jealous.

The night before Valentine’s Day, Jurina showed up to purchase a gourmet chocolate bar.

“A little more sophisticated than jelly beans.” She said. “It’ll be a nice balance.”

“She’s going to gain a ton eating all this candy you’ve bought her.” Rena said.

Damn it, why did she have to sound like such a bitch?

Yet, Jurina didn’t seem to notice Rena’s snarkiness.
“I don’t mind a woman with a little extra. It’s what’s inside that counts, and I think inside she’s a very beautiful woman.”

Oh, god, this girl was a total sap! Rena rang up the chocolate bar and, even though it was in a wrapper, she boxed it for her. Then Jurina thanked her and left, just like every other night.

The next day was Valentine’s day, and it was a sheer nightmare. From the time they opened at nine, the store was mobbed with people desperate for last-minute Valentine chocolates, candies and flowers. Customers knocked down displays, yelled at Rena and the other workers who’d come in to help, and generally made Rena wish she’d gone into some other line of business. Like trash collecting.

But finally, around seven thirty, things tapered off. Most people were either out to dinner with their chosen Valentine or were in bed with them. Rena swatted that thought aside quickly.

She sent the other employees home and started cleaning up the shop. Every time she heard footsteps outside, she glanced up then rolled her eyes at herself. Of course Jurina wasn’t going to be here tonight. She’d probably given the woman of her dreams all the chocolates and candies, and if That woman hadn’t whacked her over the head for loading her up with it they were probably in each other’s arms right now. That mental image made Rena want to punch at something.
She was trying without much luck to sweep up the spilled sugar from a bunch of Pixy Stix in the back corner when the shop door opened. She glanced at the clock; seven fifty five. Her heart jumped, but there was no way…

“Rena?” She heard Jurina’s voice. “Are you here?”

Rena stood up. “Right here,” she said. “Did you think of something else you wanted to give her?”

“Oh, there’s plenty I want to give her.” Jurina held up all the boxes Rena had packed for her that week. “These are for you.”

Was this some kind of joke?

“What… what are you talking about?” Rena demanded.

“You never guessed. I didn’t think you had.” Jurina set the boxes on the counter and came over to her. “I told you these were for a woman I wanted to be my girlfriend. That’s you, Rena-chan.”

“You never even met me before the other night!”

Love didn’t happen that way, did it?

“True, but I’ve seen you for years now. Every night as I walk home from the office, I go past this shop, and every night I see you in here alone. The first thing I noticed about you is how your hair has this brownish glow in the lights. Then I saw how careful you are about arranging things, and how much you seem to like being here most of the time. Except this time of year. Valentine’s Day hasn’t been very good to you, has it?”

“Valentine’s Day is an illusion.” Rena said. “Romance is an illusion. I can’t believe we’re even having this conversation.”

“Neither can I. I never thought I’d work up the guts to tell you how I feel. I might not have talked to you before the other night, but that was because I didn’t think you’d talk to me. I thought a woman as beautiful as you must have a husband, or at least a boyfriend. But you’re here every night till eight, and I’ve never seen someone stop to visit you, so I thought I might be lucky enough to find you unattached.”

“I haven’t had a bo—” Rena trailed off, “er— I mean I’m not in a relationship right now. She finished after a moment.

“And I don’t have any girlfriend. Not many think I’m worth the hours I work. I’m a workaholic, I admit, but there are times I haven’t a choice in the matter.” Jurina took both of Rena’s hands. “But there are times when I know that if I found the right one, I’d probably spend a lot more time outside work. And I think I’ve found her.”

“You don’t know anything about me.” Rena protested.

“Not much yet, but I want to learn. Come to dinner with me. I know it’s late, but I know a place that’s open late tonight, and the food’s pretty good.” She nodded toward the boxes on the counter. “And we’ve already got dessert.”

Rena had to laugh. “Why’d you buy all that, anyway?”

“So I’d have an excuse to finally talk to you. Will you go out with me tonight?”

It was ridiculous. Jurina couldn’t possibly want to spend time with her. She wouldn’t for sure after dinner; she’d probably drive her away somehow. But she seemed sincere, and even if Rena didn’t believe in romance, she believed in miracles. Maybe this was one.

“Sure, I’d like that.” She said.

Jurina quickly kissed her on the lips, sending the same shock through her that the touch of her hand had. Hopefully Jurina would want to see her again after tonight; Rena wanted more of that feeling.

“Great!” Jurina said. “I’ll wait while you close up, and then we can go.”

She started to pick up the candy boxes from the counter, but Rena shook her head.

“Leave them, unless you want them.”

“But they’re your Valentine’s gifts.”

“I know.” Rena grinned. “But I can’t stand candy.”

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:29:47 AM by sophcaro »

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
Re: Romance is an illusion [oneshot]
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 05:39:37 AM »
Another Wmatsui so sweet

Offline screechingsoul

Strawberry Scented Girl (Manatsu x Rena; Manatsu x Jurina) - OS COMPLETED
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 07:46:14 PM »
A/N: I know this is kind of weird pairing but... :sweat:

:Strawberry Scented Girl:

“I love the scent of you, it suits you so well.
When you walk by, your sweet smell lingers in my nostrils.”

Even under the artificial light of the bookstore her angelic glow radiated. I had to force myself not to stare at her as she repeatedly pulled books down from the shelf, carefully ruffled through them with her long, delicate fingers and then returned them to their initial location. I pretended to be interested in a book so I could remain close to her without seeming suspicious. A part of me hoped she would notice me and perhaps we could start up a conversation, but another part of me hoped she would leave the bookstore soon, so I could regain my bearings and leave as well.

Unfortunately, she noticed me.

“Rena, is that you?” She asked.

I removed my nose from the book I was holding and altered my countenance. I wanted to say, ‘I haven’t been stealing glances of you for the last five minutes.’

“Hey Manatsu, how are you doing?”

She walked up to me and for the first time I noticed that we were of the same height.

“I’m fine.” She answered. Brushing her hair away from her face like she always did every time I spotted her at the university. And the heavenly scent of strawberries filled my nostrils.

I love strawberries. They’re so soft, delicious and juicy. It was hard to keep from salivating at the smell.

“And how are you?” She inquired.

I told her that I was doing okay, but I actually felt uncomfortable. Standing so close to the love of my life was pleasurable but also overwhelming. If she had any idea of how I felt about her, she would perhaps never speak to me again. I didn’t want that to happen, so I tried to act as nonchalant as possible when around her.
It seldom worked. Being near her wasn’t the easiest thing, especially with the scent of strawberry clouding my judgment.

“I’m like a moth to the flame when it comes to books.” She stated as if defending her reason for being in the bookstore. “But I have to admit, this is my first time here. Usually I buy books near our school.” The curve of her mouth extended into a sly yet playful smile.“I should’ve been coming here all along I guess.”

Is she flirting with me? At least, I assumed she was. Her thoughts are hard to read, but the idea was enough to shift my gaze upward and contemplate the “EXIT” sign conveniently positioned above her head. No matter how inviting it looked though, I couldn’t move my feet. I was glued in place and knew the proper thing to do was to keep the conversation in motion.

“Moths are sad creatures. If I could, I’d carefully pull out their wings in order to save them from the flame. Sure it would hurt to have their wings removed but it couldn’t be as bad as burning to death.” I said.

She was used to my bizarre comments. Many people couldn’t comprehend my thought process, but she and I shared some kind of connection.

“Maybe that’s why people aren’t born with wings.” She replied. “We’d be dumb enough to fly into the sun.” She laughed.

Her carefree nature was admirable. However, for a brief second I thought I saw sorrow soiling her dark brown eyes. If it was there, then she immediately masked it by changing the subject.

“I think you and I should eat lunch together again sometimes,” Manatsu commented. “You’re a fun person to talk with.”

That’s when I first met her. Out of all the seats in the cafeteria inside the university, Manatsu kindly offered me a seat in her occupied table. That seat happened to be the only one available. I have that day etched in my heart as both a blessing and a curse.

“Sure, I’d like that.” I responded.

It sounded harmless enough, but inside me roared the heart of a lion. I’m going to have a chance to talk and spend time with her again. Then the realization of that statement hit me. Again, I felt torn between my want to be near her and my want to run screaming in the other direction. I stood my ground though, without displaying my true emotions. I felt it best to let the dance of destiny play out to its own tune.

To my dismay, our discussion only lasted maybe a minute or so, but it felt as if time stopped as we stood together in the bookstore. I knew time continued to pass however, by the movement of our mouths and the flow of our words. The moment was beautiful, but at the word “Good-bye” that echoed from her luscious lips, it faded and I was left alone.

Although the bookstore was only two blocks from her apartment, it is not a place she visits often. Unlike Manatsu, she doesn’t read that much. On that particular day though, it was as if someone had whispered “go to the bookstore” in her ear all night as she slept. Matsui Rena woke up with the urge to go there and look what happened when she did. Being with the strawberry scented girl, there was completely different than seeing her at school; it was more intimate.
In the university, Rena thought all the other students surrounded and suffocated them, but that wasn’t an issue when it was only Manatsu, her and the books. At first, she thought the incident in the cafeteria was merely a coincidence, but the encounter at the bookstore had her believing that fate wanted her and Mukaida Manatsu to be together. Rena thought life couldn’t get any better, but then they had another encounter.

About a week later, she was sitting in a restaurant– her favorite restaurant actually– waiting for a friend. Rena had been waiting for twenty minutes already. By this point in time, she knew that her friend was not going to show up. It happened quite often so it didn’t upset her. Instead, after finishing the appetizer of spicy horseradish shrimp, she ordered an entrée. As Rena was waiting for it, the most beautiful woman in the world walked in. The sun that pierced through the window of the entrance doors made her long, black hair shimmer. She wore a yellow-colored sleeveless knit top, white shorts accented by high-heeled shoes and a golden necklace and earring combination. Every last detail of her appearance had been thought out. The image of her entering the restaurant was flawless except for the girl that escorted her in. It had two arms and two legs and went by the name of Matsui Jurina. Yeah, Rena was aware of the fact that she and Jurina shared the same last name, and yes it upsets her most of the time. She had seen her on a few occasions surrounded by squealing fangirls and also when Rena would come and secretly watch Manatsu inside her class; Jurina was also there waiting for her beloved “girlfriend”.

Rena flashed a quick grin at the girl as she gracefully walked by. In response, Manatsu waves and smile at her behind Jurina’s back. It pleased Rena to know that she was important enough to sneak expressions to.

Once the two of them sat down, Rena made sure to keep her eyes fixed on her own table. It was easy enough to do since her back was to them, but every now and then she really wanted to switch seats so she could see what they were up to. Luckily, the food she ordered was brought out shortly, so her urges were calmed as she occupied her time by stuffing her face. However, she could still hear their voices. At first, the words were quiet. Since she wasn’t trying to eavesdrop, she didn’t make out the beginning of their conversation. Then their voices grew louder and eventually Rena could hear everything that was said.

“Look, I just don’t feel the same way anymore.” From what Rena could hear, it was Jurina’s voice.

Rena took a sip of water and sharpens her hearing senses.

“But we’ve been dating for two years.” Manatsu replied.

Rena picked up the food on her plate using the chopsticks provided and shoved it into her awaiting mouth.

Matsui Jurina lowered her voice, but Rena could still hear what she says.

“Well, I’ve been seeing Riho for about five months now and I think –” She paused and Rena eventually swallowed her food.

Manatsu didn’t say anything. Rena assumed—like her, she was waiting to hear the rest of Jurina’s statement.

“I think she’s, you know—” Jurina nervously chuckled. “—‘The one’ I guess…”

A rush of anger flooded inside of her, but Rena knew it wasn’t her place to interrupt the two of them. Gulped down some more water and began picking at her entrée, trying to turn her focus away from the private conversation. She couldn’t ignore it though.

In a sobbing voice, Manatsu responded. “You cheated on me?!”

“I-I’m sorry, but yes.” Jurina affirmed. “You’re too trusting, Manatsu. You need to grow up a little.”

Rena wanted to turn around and slapped her right in her face, but she knew that Manatsu’s personal life had nothing to do with her. So she just sat there and let Jurina ruined the girl’s innocence.

“I can do that.” Manatsu cried.

By now the argument had reached a volume where Rena was sure it could be heard by all surrounding tables.

“I can grow up if that’s what you want. Please don’t leave me,” She begged.

Rena couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Jurina had hurt her, cheated on her, and made a fool of her. Why would she want the girl to stay?

As Rena was finishing her food, she again overheard Jurina.

“You don’t get it, do you? I don’t want to repair my relationship with you. I’ve got Riho now.” She said.

Between the tears and snuffles, Manatsu managed to blubber, “Fine. Just go then. Just leave me alone.”

Jurina must have tried to comfort her because suddenly Rena heard Manatsu yelled, “Don’t touch me! Just go away.”

No matter how bad Rena wanted to, she didn’t turn around. She was sure the last thing the girl wanted was an audience.

Without watching the scene, Matsui Rena could still gather an image of what was happening. She heard Jurina throw down a utensil and slide her chair out.

“Alright, I’m leaving.” Remarked Jurina, and even though she never noticed her, Rena scowled at her as she left the restaurant leaving the poor, innocent Manatsu alone with her untouched meal.

Rena couldn’t think straight. Should she go over there or should she stay here? Should she try to comfort the girl or should she leave her alone?

Rena thought, to Manatsu she was only an acquaintance in school. It’s not like she was a close and personal friend that Manatsu could rely on. After weighing the options, Rena made the decision to remain seated. Yet she was startled when she heard footsteps behind her and said, “Can I sit with you?” she softly asked. Her eyes wiped clean of the tears.

Rena could see the puffy redness of her eyes and the trails of saltwater on her cheeks. She was doing her best to fight the tears, and it seemed that sitting with Rena would help her do that.

“O-Of course.” Rena immediately responded. How could she ever deny the love of her life?

Even though it was a man’s gesture, Rena quickly jumped out of her seat to help Manatsu into hers. Once she tucked her chair under the table, Rena returned to her own seat and looked down to the empty plate in front of her. She didn’t know what to say or if she should say anything, so she waited.

“I hate her.” Manatsu commented.

Rena had plenty she could say on that subject, but stayed quiet anyway. After all, the girl needed an ear not a mouth right now.

“Apparently, she’s been cheating on me for quite some time now and I was too stupid to realize it.” She paused.

Rena spied Manatsu’s left index finger tapping the table. Rena knew the girl did that when she was looking for an answer.

“She kind of abandoned me here with no lift home, and I have no money on me. I-I was wondering,” She hesitated. “if you could perhaps pay for my meal and then maybe help me to get home?”

Rena was caught by absolute surprise by her candor. She was usually more timid and never asked any help. Rena found it odd that she would ask her when they weren’t that close, but she blamed it on the breakup.

Manatsu was merely out of character at the moment. A few tears trickled down her cheek, but a wondrous smile brightened her face. The smile was forced, but it was still amazing and Rena, being the weak person that she was, succumbed.

“Of course, I’ll help you out.” Without hesitation Rena replied.

This time the smile Manatsu gave her was genuine. “Thank you, and I’ll pay you back as soon as possible. I promise.” She stated.

All of her happiness relied upon Rena, and she’s proud of herself that she was her savior in this bleak moment; her shining light in a blanket of unfathomable darkness. Or at least Rena hoped that’s what Manatsu probably thought.

They picked a cab outside the restaurant and the ride to Manatsu’s apartment was splendid. She joked and laughed, pretending that her esteem was still whole and intact, and Rena carried on with a playful smile on her face. For some reason, Manatsu seemed more attainable. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she no longer had a girlfriend, but something within Rena changed. The nervousness she usually felt around her didn’t surface. She felt like she actually had a chance. Thinking that maybe she and the girl she loves secretly for so long would start a new relationship and make good couple after all.

Then they reached what Rena thought would be their final destination. At first, Rena did not see the scene because her eyes were fully glued to Manatsu, but after noticing the disheartened look upon her face, she followed her gaze and spotted Jurina. The sweetness in the air turned sour. The girl wasted no time in obtaining her things from the apartment that she and Manatsu apparently shared. The tears started up again. Rena reached in her coat pocket and pulled out a white hanky and hand it to her. Manatsu smiled at the gesture and then let her thoughts surface.

“I swear, I’m just like my mother,” She said. “The woman’s been in a relationship three times. She keeps falling for these losers who end up either cheating on her or beating her.” She sniffled and turned her head to Rena. “I mean, Jurina isn’t the worst person in the world. She didn’t abuse me. But every time I think I’ve found something true it blows up in my face.”

Rena bit her tongue and did not say any comment because again, she felt that the girl doesn’t want a conversation. She merely wanted someone to listen to her, but Rena contemplated the possible future that existed for the girl. People have a tendency to follow their parents’ footsteps.

“Maybe Jurina was right.” She continued. “I should grow up. Love doesn’t really exist and the sooner I realize that, the better.”

Rena felt like her heart stopped beating. How could a Matsui Jurina ruin a woman’s hope for adoration? Rena wanted to express her feelings to Manatsu, to let her know that she meant more than life itself to her, but the words wouldn’t come. Instead, Rena just stared at her and asked what she could do to help.

“That’s nice of you, Rena-chan, but I don’t think there’s anything you can do for me.” Manatsu answered. She turned her sight back to the person that scuttled into and out of her apartment . As Manatsu gazed at her “ex-girlfriend”, a wave of heat flooded her delicate cheeks. Her eyes slanted, and a horizontal crease formed on her forehead. “Actually, there is something you can do.” She said.

The facial tension disappeared. She turned her head, gazed straight into Rena’s eyes and whispered, “I’d like to see your place. Take me there.”

Again, Rena was taken aback by her bluntness, but she tried to remain rational. Clearly, Manatsu was not aware of her words. The shock of the breakup must have finally caught up to her, and since Rena was the one nearest to her at the moment, it was her responsibility to think up a safer alternative.

“How about we head to the campus?” Rena nervously offered.

She thought that they could find something there to pass away the time. Then, after a while, she could bring Manatsu back to her apartment. Hopefully by then it would be cleared of the filth.

“No.” Manatsu firmly stated. “I know what I’m doing. I want to go home with you.”

The tears were gone. A second ago Mukaida Manatsu seemed so frail, but now she had been replaced by a temptress. No room for compromise remained. She would get what she wanted no matter how irresponsible and dangerous the decision was. Her anger towards Jurina had put her in self-destruct mode; she was in the process of losing her sanity. Every thought in her mind told Rena to drop her off at the college instead of following her request, but apparently Rena’s desire for her outweighed all reason because soon they were outside of her apartment complex and she was exiting the vehicle.

Rena had been thinking so hard about how to handle the mess that she didn’t even recall the ride from the girl’s apartment to hers. But somehow, even with her brain malfunctioning, her hands and feet performed the necessary actions. Unlocking the door to her apartment and opened it, then gestured Manatsu to enter. After the entrance the girl glided into the living room as if the place belonged to her and then made herself comfortable by plopping down on one of the couch. The room was spinning. Rena couldn’t tell if she was walking, standing, sitting or lying down. All she could recall in the blur of that moment was Manatsu’s warm and quivering lips, smashing with her. It was a kiss that her beloved angel would have never planted, but with it her life came into focus and the world had meaning. Rena knew what she had to do to restore the girl’s innocence and save her from future pain. The tune of her giggles filled Rena’s ears as she led the girl into her bedroom and laid her gently her on bed. For Rena, the girl before her was the only thing that mattered. She understood Manatsu better than anyone else did.

She and Manatsu were soul mates. Seeing her often, encountering each other at the bookstore, dining at the same restaurant, those weren’t coincidences. Chance meetings didn’t exist; destiny wanted them to be together, and it had led them to this moment. Rena hesitated at first. After all, she would never get a second chance and she wanted the action to be perfect. Rena began to lose faith in herself until she watched as Manatsu removed her golden necklace and placed it on the nightstand. She invitingly grazed her hand across her elegant, exposed neck. Rena stood there waiting to see what she would do next, but nothing new came to pass. The necklace was the only thing she made any attempt to take off, and the gesture suggested that she was well aware of what’s going to happen tonight. In fact, according to the brilliance of her sparkling eyes, it appeared to Rena that she welcomed it. She must have been aware that her fall from grace had begun.

‘Why else would she have requested my company? Why else would she have invited herself into my arms?’ Matsui Rena questioned herself, as she climbed onto the bed making sure to take in every aspect of Manatsu’s form before performing the deed.

Manatsu would not be the same afterwards. The delay must have irritated her because she grabbed Rena’s frozen hand and rubbed it along her cheek. Letting her hand traces the girl’s mouth and then lowered it to her shoulder. Rena shivered slightly as a chill crept up her spine. Within that small, dimly lit room she mustered up all her courage and wrapped her hands around Manatsu’s throat. If she did not use every ounce of her strength, the strangulation could take hours, Yet Rena wanted it to be as painless as possible for her sweet Manatsu . She tightly closed her eyes as Rena intensified her grip. Feeling disgusted with herself for what she was doing to the innocent, angelic Manatsu. She couldn’t believe that the life of the woman she loved was extinguishing under her hands, but the knowledge that this was the only way she would remain pure gave Rena the strenght to continue. However, as Rena was immersing in the guilt of her own action, at that moment euphoria overtook her whole being. The fact that Manatsu had chosen her to bring her death was a true bliss. She had offered to bring her somewhere besides this apartment but she had refused. And now there was no turning back. Strawberry scented girl Manatsu was now hers only. Not a single person in the universe would ever have her like she had her. The girl’s body instinctively fought to survive, but Rena held on even tighter. She would be her carrier to a better life where worry and hardship would never find her. Once free of the fragile shell of a human, her title of Angel would be replaced by Goddess, and she would be blessed with eternity. There would be no journey into the flames.
Sensing her release, Rena removed her hands from Manatsu’s tender neck and adoringly stared at the bruises.

‘Even in death, her body was beautiful.’ Rena leaned down and kissed her forehead.

“Sleep sound my goddess. No one can damage you now.” She whispered, and the scent of strawberries engulfed her senses as she sat on the bed grinning and stroking Manatsu’s hair.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:45:08 PM by sophcaro »

Offline lahika

• GANBARENA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am from Indonesia. Just a dust of Rena's Fan
Re: [Oneshot] Strawberry Scented Girl (Manatsu x Rena; Manatsu x Jurina)
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »
Kyaaaaaaaa. . . . . ! ! I never think that Rena-Manatsu can be this good chemistry. . . Bcz I know Rena is so much Like Manatsu. . . This GREAT OS. ! THANK YOU. .! !

Offline recchuun

• (・ω・)
  • ecchi
  • writer
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 08:44:29 AM »
I perhaps liked this a lot more than I should've ; ;  I blame the dark themes of this fic. Anyhow, I've always liked seeing Manatsu and Rena paired together (although it's not a common coupling) so thank you for writing this! The psychology of Rena at the end is fascinating and threw for a complete loop - did not expect that at all. Ahhh... it was a great OS all in all, keep up the good work! \ o /

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • WMATSUI, MAYUKI, GEKIBLACK, RENAIRIN, JURIMAYU
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »
W-what???

Oh my..

Rena? Sshe...uh wow

This one is awesome fic! It's along time im not read darkness story like this and i love it!

RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

Offline embee5442

• Member+
  • Bow to Renahyon-sama!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 03:13:04 PM »
I should be scared but my mind is screaming in delight with this os :shocked
Amazing, author-san! Just... AMAZING.  :mon scare:
A silent user. A silent reader. A silent writer. A silent killer. Meh, whatever.

My List of Stories:

:roll: Short Shots of Lame Plots :poof:
:new!: Wait for Me (hiatus) :skull:
:note: Beats of Love (collab fic with Zhen the Annoying Monkey) :guitar:

Offline DC2805

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Think with your wisdom, Love with your heart.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »
Unexpected twist of event in the end...A dark story. Nice one!
Visit my FFs:
We Love the Hospital! OS (Mayuki + Wmatsui) + Omake
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36072.0

The Foreigner Husband and The Traditional Wife (Wmatsui)
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36090.0

[Short OS] "Puppy" Love (Pairings: JR + YH)
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36408.0

My Little Brother Can't Be This Cute!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36678.0

Derailed - OS featuring Aya x Nao
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37305.0

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 06:25:38 PM »
This is very well written.  Rena knew what had to happen but even though in her mind she had to do it for the sake of her, it was simple and clean compared to the struggle she might have experienced :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:55 PM »
Waaaah...
This is good. It's an interesting pairing, but anyways~ I enjoyed it.
That ending was so...amazing...I didn't expect it, but it was amazing~

Offline screechingsoul

ONE NIGHT STAND?! (WMatsui OS) - COMPLETED
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 07:38:39 AM »
:gmon peakaboo: Hellooo... :hee:
It's been months since I posted my last fanfic... :kneelbow: :gyaaah: So here's a new one.
Sorry if there are typos or errors that my eyes missed to notice... :mon sweat:
Ps. I'm not againts in any ship lol! This is just a work of fiction...

Matsui Jurina knew from the moment she opened her eyes, that something was out of kilter. The splitting headache pounding inside her temples louder than a road drill was a bit of a giveaway. The light in the room was also different somehow, softer and less intrusive.

She feebly attempted to move, but her head hurt too much, so she lay back down and tried to piece together the events of the previous evening.

Miichan surprised her with a birthday party. She could remember that at least. Thereafter, it faded into an alcoholic blur of worrying proportions.

At first, Jurina was having a great time since it’s her birthday party. Until Fujita Nana showed up, and the atmosphere suddenly turned bitter.

Nana.

The woman who had led her merrily up the flower garden path for one and a half years, until Nana confessed that she had an “accidental” affair with a co-worker.

“I accidentally had sex with a co-worker.” Nana whispered, looking down to the floor.

“Accidentally?!” Jurina’s tone of voice was sarcastic. “Did he “accidentally” stripped off your clothes? Did you “accidentally” beg for him to have sex with you? Did you “accidentally” forget about me?” She yelled.

Nana started to cry. “I was drunk that night. I love you Jurina, please believe me…”

The faint sound of a running shower intruded Jurina’s thoughts and she frozed. Damn. She wasn’t alone. Frantically she tried to recall talking to any strange person last night, but her mind was a total blank.

Deciding that the pain of movement was a necessary evil, Jurina sat up and made a concerted effort to take in to her surroundings.

A first cursory glance, told her she was most definitely not at Miichan’s residence. The decors was too bland for one thing and the room was too large for another. It had to be a hotel. Where on earth that hotel might be located was another story. Although, this was somewhat overshadowed by the more pressing question of who her roommate was?

Then she looked down and saw to her dismay, she was totally naked. Shit. Could it get any worse?

Her clothes appeared to be strewn around the room like confetti. One lone stocking hung from a chair and her underwear was draped across the LED screen TV like a garish silly strings.

All the evidence strongly suggested she had done the one thing she tried not to do where at all possible.
Wine, beer, or indeed any other drink— she could handle, but for some reason “vodka” was a one-way ticket to sin and suffering. The last time she’d overindulged on Absolut, she had met Nana.

And look where that one ended.

It was no good. The realisation that whomever that person willl be, was almost certainly about to emerge from the bathroom like a bad smell catapulted Jurina up from amidst the ruins of the king-size bed. She grabbed her clothes, flung them on in no particular order, and legged it.

Miichan fixed Jurina with an expression of unbridled horror. “What on earth happened to your head?”

“I don’t know!” Wailed Jurina, still trying to puzzled together the events of the previous evening. “I was hoping you could tell me.”

She had gone over to the initial crime scene in the hope that her friends might be able to fill in the frustrating gaps in her memory. But so far, all she’d done was provoke a gale of laughter, followed by some serious lecturing.

Jurina was still smarting from the ordeal she’d had in the hotel. The fact she had put her blouse on back to front had drawn unwanted attention during her great escape. An elderly man, on his way back to his room, had nearly had a cardiac arrest when he entered the lift to see Jurina frantically trying to fasten her bra whilst shoving stockings into her tiny purse.

To her everlasting shame, Jurina realised she probably resembled a hooker on the run from a disgruntled client, but there was no way she was hanging around to face the music with her hit and run. Jurina shuddered at the recollection.

“For Christ sake, Jurina, we had no idea where you’d buggered off to! Sayanee was on the verge of calling the police!”

Jurina raised one eyebrow in disbelief.

“Oh ok, maybe she wasn’t that concerned, but even so!”

Jurina knew damned well Sayanee would have been far too busy making eyes at Milky to even notice what planet she was on, let alone care to where she had disappeared. Miichan’s sister had a crush the size of Japan’s and it was growing larger by the day. It was just a pity Milky wasn’t interested. Poor Sayanee.

“If only I could remember what I did.” Jurina sighed.

She picked up the glass from the table and stared mournfully into the dregs of some foul looking green liquor.

“Last time I saw you, you were knocking back the Absolut like it was orange juice.”

“Ohhh,” Jurina groaned. “Why didn’t you stop me?”

“I tried, but you told me to back off.” Miichan folded her arms and scowled. “I was only trying to help.” She said grumpily.

Not that Miichan was helping. She was too busy throwing herself whole-heartedly into the role of Jurina’s erstwhile mother.

“Yeah, I know you would have been, I’m sorry.” Jurina quickly apologised. “I was just in a shit mood.” She gave Miichan a ghost of a smile. “I do remember that much at least.”

Miichan’s expression softened marginally. “Yeah, I’m, sorry too. For what it’ s worth, I told Sayanee not to invite Nana, but she didn’t get my mesage until it was too late.”

“Doesn’t matter. What’s done is done, now.” Jurina stood, rubbing her temples as her headache continued to throb like a thrash metal band on acid. She winced when her fingers brushed across the lump on the side of her head. “Whoever I ended up with last night will probably forever remain a mystery. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Ok, I’m off home to catch some sleep, before I go to Mom’s this afternoon.”

Jurina’s phone blipped just as she raised her hand to knock on their front door, and she frowned.

“It better not be Mom asking me to fetch some milk.”

Unfortunately, the screen told a different story.

“About last night…”
A message from Nana.
“You rushed off before we had a chance to talk please call me! Xxx”

Jurina’s blood ran cold. Oh shit. She rested her head against the gravely texture of the wall, and wondered whether it would be a good time to slit her wrists right now, or after dinner had been dished up. The horrifying realisation that she had probably gone to bed with Nana… again… made her feel like screaming. Why on earth did she keep going back to that woman? Was it not enough that she had hurt and cheated on her and let her down more times than she could remember?

Apparently not as it now appeared she was still a masochistic glutton for punishment. On the bright side, at least she had no recollection of doing the deed. Clearly the earth hadn’t moved enough to penetrate her alcoholic state of amnesia. Then she clapped her hand to her mouth. Maybe she hadn’t even been conscious? That was even worse. The thought of Nana taking advantage of her whilst she was totally out of it was hideous. She just hoped she hadn’t taken any incriminating photographs…

For now, ignoring her was by far the best policy, so Jurina shoved the phone to the bottom of her bag where it was firmly buried beneath her collection of lip glosses and train tickets.

“Jurina! Are you coming in or what?” Her mom flung the door open and Jurina nearly fell over a yapping poodle. She playfully rubbed its coat and gently lift the dog in her arms and followed her mom through to the kitchen. The scent of over cooked cabbage virtually knocked her sideways when she walked in. Her dad was sitting at the wooden dining table, his nose buried in newspaper.

“Hello, love.” Her dad’s greeting, as she approached the table. He got up from his seat and hug Jurina tightly. “Happy Birthday.” He said. Then he frowned when he looked down. “You look peaky today. Ooh that’s a nasty bump on your head how did you manage to get that? Is everything ok?”

“I’m fine, Dad,” Jurina replied hurriedly. “I fell over in the bath; no harm done.” The last thing she needed was an in-depth analysis of what might be wrong. Besides, if she had no recollection of how she had acquired a blow to the head, how on earth was she going to explain it to her parents?

“A good decent meal will sort you out, my girl. Happy Birthday.” Her mom kissed her on the cheek. Before slopping a huge portion of rank cabbage on a plate, followed by some leathery looking beef. Jurina placed down the panting brown poodle loitering with intent by her foot and knew which one of them would be eating the beef. It definitely wasn’t going to be her.

“Thanks, Mom,” She managed to say through gritted teeth as the bowl of rice placed down in front of her. “That looks lovely!”

After seventeen increasingly rate text messages, Jurina turned her phone off and wondered what on earth she had ever seen in Nana. Ok, so she was damed beautiful and gorgeous, but Nana cheated on her.

“Why I can’t believe I fell for her bullshit again last night.”

“Hey!” Laughed Miichan and Jurina realised she had been thinking aloud. Miichan looked up from the sink with surprise. “What on earth are you waffling on about?”

“Nana,” Jurina said. “I think I ended up with her last night.”

“It can’t have been Nana!” Soapy suds dripped all over the floor as Miichan turned to face Jurina. “After you disappeared, she bent Sayanee’s ear for an hour and then passed out on the sofa. She ended up staying here all night.”

“Then who on earth did I spend my night with?”

“Maybe if you hadn’t done a runner, you might have found out?”

Jurina grimaced with great irritation while Miichan smirked.

Hopefully, after a good night’s sleep, all would become clear. Surely by the morning, she would remember what and, more importantly, who she had done last night. Alcohol induced amnesia couldn’t possibly last forever…

The office was buzzing when Jurina staggered in, rather late. She dropped her belongings on her desk and rushed over to the coffee machine. Despite sleeping like a dead thing, she still felt crap. After seeing her corpse-like complexion in the bathroom mirror, she had made an early New Year resolution to avoid vodka Forever. It was safer that way.

“How’re you feeling, Jurina?” Milky asked innocently when Jurina flopped down on her chair and collapsed face first on the pile of files some kind person had conveniently deposited.

“Ooh that looks nasty.” She then commented when she noticed the bump on Jurina’s head. “Did you pass out at some point and hit your head?”

“Ha. Ha. Ha. No, I walked into a cupboard.”

Milky looked less than convinced. “Oh dear, poor you. So, were you feeling pretty hung over yesterday?”

“No, not at all.” Jurina knew better than to tell Milky about her mystery shag. She wasn’t known for keeping her mouth shut on matters of confidentiality . In fact, what Sayanee saw in her was baffling. The only part of Milky that stood out was her boobs, they were undeniably magnificent.

“How ‘s Sayanee, anyway?” Jurina asked in an attempt to divert the attention away from her embarrassing behaviour at the party.

“Who?”

That kind of says it all, thought Jurina with exasperation. “You know, Sayanee. Miichan’s sister, who drools every time you show up.”

A light evidently switched on in Milky’s head. “Oh her!” Then she shrugged. “No idea. she went off to get me a drink and the next time I saw her, she was sitting with some girl on the sofa. I gave up on her and went outside.”

Poor Sayanee. She didn’t stand a chance. Not that ending up saddled with Nana had helped her case. For a moment she felt guilty about that. But it wasn’t her fault. Talking to Nana last night wouldn’t have achieved anything. She had made her bed and now she would have to lie in it.

“So you’re not interested in Sayanee?”

Milky looked rather surprised. “She’s ok, I guess.” She admitted with a shrug. “Why?”

Jurina decided once and for all to get Sayanee’s crush out into the open. It was obvious Sayanee was never going to have the courage to ask Milky out.

“Sayanee had a huge crush on you, but she’s too shy to tell you.” She clicked her tongue and shook her head.

“Really?” Milky looked astonished. It was as if the idea had honestly never occurred to her.

“Yes, really, now would you like her mobile number and then you two can make babies together?” Jurina responded while smirking.

“I’m not sure about the babies bit.” Milky replied with a squeamish look. “But she is rather cute, so I suppose I could text her and see where she wants to take me. I’m free tomorrow as it happens.”

“Great.” Jurina rapidly fired off Sayanee’s mobile number and sat back with great sense of philanthropic well-being. Even if her own love life was a crock of shit, she was about to make two other poor sods happy. Probably not for long, though, knowing Milky’s predilection for changing partners as quick as changing her clothes. With a bit of luck, once Sayanee had finally sampled her dubious delights, she might realise she really was a vacuous Barbie doll and move on to better things. She could live in hope.

As Milky strolled away, fingers flashing across the screen of her iphone, Jurina blearily looked towards the main office with a vague sense that she ought to be doing something useful before the Monday staff meeting at eleven.

A tall and gorgeous figure caught her eye and for a moment she had a sudden feeling that she looked familiar. There was something in the way she tucked her hair to her right ear as she stood talking to Miyazawa-san, the warehouse manager. Jurina could have sworn she had seen this woman before, although where that might have been she had no idea.

“Who’s that?” She asked Milky when she came back from the photocopier.

“She’s Matsui Rena, the new sales rep. I heard she’s from Nagoya.”

“Matsui huh, …And she hasn’t worked here before?” Jurina unconciously asked.

“New’ generally does mean that, yes.” Milky looked at Jurina as if she was stupid. “Jeez, you really killed a lot of brain cells on Saturday night. Be careful, Ju, binge drinking is seriously bad for your health.” She frowned and shook her head. “I read that in Health magazine last month so I know it’s true.”

“At least I had some fucking brain cells to begin with!” Jurina muttered as Milky dashed away to answer the call that was making her phone vibrate alarmingly across her desk.

Jurina looked back across the room, but to her inexplicable disappointment, the new girl had vanished, so she opened her inbox and began working her way through a long selection of very dull emails.

It was just another manic Monday.

By mid afternoon, Jurina’s head was throbbing again and she felt like crying. Work was piling up on her desk with alarming regularity, yet her brain was refusing to process any of it. Maybe Milky had made a good point earlier. Maybe she had indeed fried her little grey cells. Or, more likely, simply pickled them.

Whatever it was, she had had enough and wanted to go home. But since the day didn’t officially finish until half five, she took a meandering route to the water cooler for a drink. There was only so much coffee she could drink in one hour.

She decanted a plastic cup of water and turned to head back to her desk. Unfortunately, she failed to see Matsui Rena “the new girl” approaching and promptly walked straight into her. Water went everywhere.

“Oh I’m so sorry!” Jurina apologised as she surveyed the damage.

Rena’s elegant black blazer was now thoroughly wet. When Jurina managed to drag her eyes back up to her face, the short-haired girl was staring at her with a very strange expression. Her fringe slightly covering her left eye.

It was as if she thought she knew her, yet she was fairly positive they had never met before. Or had they? For a shaky moment, she had a strong sense that she should know who she was.

“Have we met before?” Jurina asked eventually when it became apparent she wasn’t about to say a word.

“You tell me?” The new girl also asked, raising an eyebrow.

Now Jurina was being obtuse. “Would I be asking whether I knew you, if I knew you?” She snapped.

“Then obviously you don’t know me at all.” She said cryptically before doing an about turn and leaving the office.

Jurina watched her go still prickling with irritation, yet sensing that she had missed an important clue somewhere along the line. If only her head would clear. Maybe then she might be able to make sense of the last two days. But that was wishful thinking, so she collected a replacement cup of water and made her way back to her desk to clock watch for the rest of the afternoon. Home time could not come soon enough.

“Are you coming down the bar?”

Jurina looked up from her screen and blinked. “What’s the occasion?”

It was only Wednesday and she was still suffering after the weekend. The last thing she needed was another hangover.

“Miyazawa-san suggested drinks. It’s her birthday and she’s feeling generous.” Milky leaned back to rest her butt against Jurina’s desk. “So, are you coming or what.”

Jurina paused to think for a moment. “Yeah, okay, I’ll come for a couple.” She needs a drink or two to unwind and, maybe after she’s nice and relaxed.

“Still suffering?” Asked Milky when she noticed Jurina’s fruit juice.

Jurina sipped the tomato juice defiantly and wished she had ordered beer instead. She was in terrible mood and listening to turgid conversation for the next hour was unlikely to improve things.

“No.” She replied eventually. “I’m on a health kick and it involves ingesting five portions of fruit and vegetables per day. This counts as one portion.”

“Well I’m on the Atkins Diet and there’s my next portion of meat.” Whispered Milky with a lecherous look at the bar tender mixing her cocktail.

“You’re disgusting.” Jurina instantly regretted passing Sayanee’s number to Milky. The poor woman was doomed.

Milky ignored Jurina’s jibe. Instead she leaned over the bar to pay for her drink, making damned sure her cleavage was on full show at the same time. Jurina saw the bar man’s eyes glaze over lustfully as he passed Milky the drink, his fingers lingering way too long when their hands touched. It was obvious that Milky had pulled yet again.

That depressing thought kept Jurina immediately headed for the table where the rest of her co-workers were sitting. So much so that she failed to spot the plastic bag somebody had abandoned by a stool. Her foot caught in the strap and she tripped, falling straight into the lap of ‘the new girl.’

Tomato juice flew all over her in ruby red rivulets.

“OH MY GO—!”

Jurina grabbed the first body part she could reach in an effort to extricate herself from the unfortunate tangle of limbs. When she realised it was Rena’s thigh, she let go as if she’d been electrocuted. Could this be any more embarrassing?

Rena’s once ivory shirt was now pink and mauve and her dark skirt were stained with a ruinous darker patch. Jurina’s cheeks complemented the shirt perfectly; startling magenta.

“God, I’m so sorry… again.”

“Are you always this clumsy?” Her expression was one of complete exasperation rather than fury, for which Jurina felt some relief.

“Well, yes, actually, I suppose I am.” Subconsciously her hand reached up and rubbed the sore lump on her head.

Rena sighed. “Would you like a replacement drink?”

She stared at her in surprise. “You’d buy me a drink after I threw the last one all over you?”

“I figure it’s safer than watching you make another trip.” Her lip curled up at the corner and Jurina blushed all over again. “What’ll it be? Same again? Or would you prefer a vodka?”

“No, I’m not—” She stopped abruptly. “How did you know I drink vodka?”

“You really don’t remember, do you?”

There was something going on beneath the surface and she had a feeling she needed to find out what it was. “No, remember what?”

“We’ve met before— Saturday night to be exact.”

Jurina sat down with a bump. Her heart was pounding inside her chest so hard she wondered if Rena could hear it. “Where?”

“You ran into the road, right in front of my car and I nearly hit you.”

She tried to recall doing such a stupid thing, but there was still a blank page in her memory. It was so frustrating.

“Are you sure it was me?” It was possible she had mistaken her for some other drunken woman. After all, on the average Saturday night, there were usually hundreds of drunken women around.

“Jurina, you’re not that easy to forget,” Rena replied with a faint smile.

She knew then she was telling her the truth. At no point had she told Rena her name.

“You really don’t remember what happened, do you?”

Jurina gazed into her orange flecked brown eyes and wished intently that she could remember what had happened. She had a strong feeling that she had enjoyed whatever it was. The woman was gorgeous. Who wouldn’t enjoy a few hours in her company?

“No.” She admitted sadly.

Rena stared pensively into her pint glass before looking up and saying, “Well then, I guess we’ll have to start all over from scratch. My name’s Rena.”

“Jurina.” She replied, shaking her proffered hand and feeling rather stupid.

“It’s a pleasure, Jurina.” She grinned. “Are you doing anything this evening?”

“Erm… no, not much?” She decided it was probably best not to mention the pile of ironing that she had scheduled to do when she got home.

“Great, me neither. How about we go somewhere a little less noisy and get something to eat?”

Jurina glanced sideways and saw the bartender drooling at Milky as the top button of her blouse had popped open. A broad lascivious smile spread across her face. It looked like it would only be a matter of time before the Black widow went into a feeding frenzy. Jurina cringed and instantly decided she preferred watching such stomach churning events on the Discovery Channel.

She gave Rena her undivided attention. “Sounds lovely!”

If nothing else, at least she could find out just what embarrassing things she had done the first time they met. She just hoped it didn’t involve anything illegal.

Jurina sat down in the small, intimately lit Italian restaurant and briefly gave herself a sanity check. As far as she knew, Rena was not a nutter, but since she still couldn’t remember the circumstances of their first alleged meeting, how could she be certain?

But maybe that was a little paranoid, so instead Jurina watched Rena as she ordered two drinks and tried once again to break through the memory block. Surely she would recall sharing a bed with somebody this sexy?

Absently, she rubbed the still-sore spot on her head, and winced. Clearly the knock to her head had left lasting damage. That and the vodka abuse.

When the tall glass of vodka, lime and soda was placed in front of her, she looked at it as if it were witches’ brew.

“Wrong brand?” Rena asked with amusement.

“No, I’m just not supposed to be drinking tonight.”

“Well at least that won’t add any more stains to my clothing.” Commented Rena with a wry glance at her ruined white shirt.

Jurina buried her face in the menu and pretended that the long list of pasta dishes was utterly absorbing.

Several glasses later, and Jurina was feeling no pain. She was also finding it remarkably easy to forget her previous vow to abstain from alcohol. Rena was a very bad influence, Jurina decided as she laid claim to the last piece of delicious focaccia bread. The woman was also very good company. So much to the point that Jurina could barely remember who Nana was. Not that Nana had taken her out all that often anyway as the majority of the time her idea of a date involved her getting laid.

“Penny for them?” Rena asked when she failed to respond to something the woman had said.

“They’re not worth that much,” Jurina replied with a grimace.

And Nana wasn’t. She could see that now; it was just a pity it had taken so long for the enchanted veil to lift.

“Anyway, thanks for the meal— I’ve really enjoyed it.” Jurina said as the waiter cleared their dishes and they were left contemplating the dessert menu.

“Well at least this time you ate something before passing out.” Rena commented as Jurina debated whether it would be rude to ask for a pudding as well.

She instantly looked up in mortification. “Oh God, was I really that bad?” She hung her head in shame. Why oh why couldn’t she remember any of this?

“Yeah, you were pretty wasted.” Rena laughed. “But you were also pretty upset, hence me not wanting to abandon you. I tried to find out where you lived, but I couldn’t get any sense out of you.”

“Do you make a habit of playing good samaritan to drunken people?”

“No, not usually, but then I’ve never had a lady attempt suicide beneath the wheels of my car.”

“I just wish I could remember!” Jurina wailed. The waiter hovering nearby raised one eyebrow in concern before scuttling off, obviously thinking that she was mentally unhinged.

“Well you did hit your head hard enough to pass out for a few seconds. I was going to take you to the hospital, but when you came round, you insisted you were ok and that you just needed a drink of water, so I took you into the hotel with me.”

Jurina’s imagination filled the gaps in what Rena was telling her. She cringed at the mental image of herself, pissed out of her head, emotional, and concussed to boot. It wasn’t pretty. Why on earth Rena had taken it upon herself to help her was a mystery. In her shoes, she would have run a mile.

“It was your bed I woke up in, wasn’t it?” At least it wasn’t some lecherous troublemaker she had picked up in an alcoholic haze. Even better, at least it wasn’t Nana’s bed she had ended up in. The ramifications of that would have been far longer reaching.

Rena nodded before drinking the final dregs of her liquor. “I suppose technically it was the hotel’s bed rather than mine.”

“And what erm… did we do before… erm me falling asleep?” Jurina had to ask. If she had behaved like a total slut, then at least it was better to know now rather than hear the gory details via the office gossip machine.

“We talked a little, you cried a lot, and then I watched a movie while you snored for Nagoya.”

“So erm… n-nothing happened?” Jurina hesitantly asked. Though she didn’t know if Rena were into girls.

“Jurina, whatever you might be thinking, I can assure you, I’m not the type of person who enjoys taking advantage of drunken women. I prefer my partners to be at least semi-conscious.” A playful smile on Rena’s face.

Jurina scanned her face carefully to see if she could detect any signs of lying. But she couldn’t. Rena looked and sounded like she was telling her the truth.

“Then how come I had no clothes on?” Whilst Jurina wanted to believe her, she still couldn’t help but think that something had happened.

Rena looked away and gazed intently at a large potted plant near the window. In an instant, Jurina guessed that her instinct was spot on— something had happened all right. Of course! It was known as the ‘mushroom effect’— feed her shit, keep her in the dark, and she was as happy as, well, a mushroom!

“You erm… tried to seduce me.” Rena coughed before Jurina could fling abuse at her.

In an instant, her face flushed with heat. “What!?” Jurina squeaked with horror. “But I thought you said I fell asleep while you watched a movie!”

“You did fall asleep, but not until you’d done a dance on me!”

Jurina buried her face in her serviette and wished there was a deep fissure in the earth’s crust, right beneath the restaurant, one that conveniently decided to open up and swallow them. Unfortunately, nothing happened.

“Oh my God.” She whispered, utterly mortified that she had behaved like such a trollop.

It was obvious that Rena didn’t fancy her or she wouldn’t have rejected her drunken advances. Strangely enough, that stung even more.

“Oh trust me, I wasn’t complaining all that much at the time.” Rena laughed. “I just didn’t want to take advantage of you when you were drunk, emotional, and probably concussed.”

Jurina peeked through her fingers at her. Rena was grinning cheerfully.

“You could have put some clothes back on me once I fell asleep.” Jurina pointed out accusingly.

“Nah, I was too busy enjoying the view.” Rena chuckled, then ducked to avoid the serviette Jurina threw with no accuracy whatsoever.

Water dripped from the edge of the awning that covered the restaurant entrance. Jurina eyed the large puddles that had collected on the pavement with great suspicion. “My shoes are gonna get ruined.” She moaned.

“Yeah, mine too.” Rena added then sigh. She took Jurina’s hand and dragged her out into the light rain that fell from an inky sky. “Do you live far away?”

“About a fifteen minute walk.” Jurina told her as she jogged in an attempt to keep up with Rena’s much faster stride. It occurred to her rather crossly that at this rate they would probably make it in less than five. But the feel of Rena’s hand wrapped around hers was strangely comforting.

By the time they reached her front door, her hair was plastered to her head and she knew she looked a mess. Strangely, she didn’t care. Rena seemed in no rush to release her hand, instead she stared out over the twinkling city stretched out below.

“Pretty, isn’t it?” Rena commented after a moment.

“I guess.” Jurina replied. “Suppose I don’t notice anymore. Been here too long I think.”

“Not much view from my hotel room. It looks out onto a ventilation shaft.”

Jurina felt sorry for her. Living out of a suitcase was crap.

“You can come in for a coffee if you like?” Jurina offered.

It wasn’t as if anything was going to happen, Jurina quickly reminded herself. It was late, after all, and they both had work in the morning. Besides, the last time they had met, she had been rat-assed. This time she was relatively sober and therefore fully in control of her wayward libido.

“That would be nice.” Rena responded.

Her teeth gleamed brightly in the glow from the street lamp and Jurina was suddenly reminded of a picture in an old fairy tales book she had once owned— the big bad wolf in Little Red Riding Hood had also grinned in much the same fashion… shortly before he attempted to devour the poor, innocent Red Riding Hood. Jurina shivered while being acutely aware it couldn’t all be attributed to fear.

Rena was forced to let go of Jurina’s hand as the latter fumbled for her key. Eventually she opened the door to her building and they climbed the communal stairs. The light flickered on and off spookily and then went out, leaving only the emergency light glowing high above.

“Damn cheapskate landlord!” Jurina grumbled. “He takes our rent but never spends anything on this place.”

Just as Jurina turned to make sure Rena was behind her, the heel of her shoe caught on the edge of the stair. She felt herself falling sideways and reached out frantically for the banister, but her fingers touched nothing but air. Her head hit something painfully hard, and the world went black for the second time in a week.

“You have to be the most accident prone woman I’ve ever met.”

Rena told her when she opened her eyes, half expecting to see the stark décor of the local hospital. Instead the familiar beige walls of her flat were in very much in evidence.

Her head throbbed yet again, but something felt different. It was almost as if a door inside her mind had miraculously opened. In a blinding flash of recollection, she was suddenly blasted backwards in time to Saturday night and all the missing memories hurtled through her brain like a dazzling kaleidoscope. The incident that had sent her running from the party replayed in ghastly clarity…

Why is she here?! Jurina spat a question on Miichan, as she spotted Nana seating down on one of the garden chairs, holding a drink.

Why oh why had she come tonight? Jurina’s supposed to be celebrating. Unable to stay in her presence for another minute, Jurina grabbed her bag and dashed out of the garden and down the road, the vodka she had consumed sloshing around in her empty stomach nauseatingly.

The shops and flats merged into a teary blur. The pavements were fairly busy with Saturday night revellers and more than one person gave Jurina a passing glance of curiosity, but she ignored all of them. The only thought in her head was to get as far away as possible from the person who had messed her life up.

When she dashed across a road, hell bent on escape, it didn’t occur to her to stop, look, and listen for traffic. Consequently, she failed to spot the silver car heading straight for her. Fortunately for Jurina, the car was travelling very slowly and it skidded to an abrupt halt before actually hitting her.

The sound of squealing tyres registered briefly in her addled brain just long enough to stop her in her tracks. Her heel caught in a rut in the tarmac and she fell to the asphalted side of the road, hitting her head with a thump on the pavement. It was a painful end to her great escape.

“Are you ok?” A feminine voice was asking when she came too.

Jurina opened her eyes to find a pair of brown eyes mere inches from her face.

“Yeah, ouch, I think so.” Jurina managed to spit out. Everything was mixed up in her head and she wasn’t sure what had happened, Fresh tears began to slide down her cheeks and she angrily brushed them away.

“I think you ought to go for a check up.” The woman told her as she struggled to her feet, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in her head.

“No, I’m fine.” Jurina insisted. The thought of sitting for hours in the casualty department was hardly very appealing. “I just need to get home.”

“Where is home?” The woman asked.

It was a reasonable question, but for the life of her, Jurina couldn’t remember. “Erm actually I think I need a drink, or something.” She stalled.

If she admitted she couldn’t remember where she lived, she would be carted off in an ambulance in no time at all. She hiccupped as more tears fell and bounced off the pavement.

“Look.” The woman said patiently. “How about you let me park my car over there and then I’ll get you a glass of water in the hotel while you think about what you want to do. Ok?”

It seemed easier to do as she said. Jurina didn’t have the strength to argue anymore. The thing that happened right now had all gone leaving a broken shell behind. So she followed the woman into the hotel nearby and gratefully took the glass of water she fetched from the bar.

“You know, today is my birthday, but I had to runaway from my own party.” Jurina sniffed before gulping some down.

“Oh dear,” The woman replied with a faint smile. “Anyway Happy Birthday.”

Jurina burst into another jagged bout of crying and the woman passed her some tissues. Eventually there were no tears left to cry and she blew her nose rather noisily before dropping the tissue into the adjacent plant pot.

“Sorry.” The woman apologised.

“Forget about it. Most fun I’ve had all evening.”

Her head was spinning and she felt like crap, but it was hard to ignore the fact this woman was seriously pretty. “What’s your name?” Jurina heard herself asking in a flirtatious voice.

“Rena.”

“I’m Jurina.” She continued. Then remembering what had thrown her into Rena’s path, she asked, “Are you married?”

Rena looked slightly taken aback. “You don’t mess about, do you? Actually no, although I had a near miss two years ago.”

Jurina smiled and moved closer. Rena really did smell good: kind of sexy. She closed her eyes and rested her head on her shoulder. It wouldn’t hurt to sit here for a while. No. Once she had sobered up, she would ask somebody to call a taxi and head home, but not just yet. For now she felt… safe.

“Jurina, the bar’s closing. We need to move.”

She opened her eyes and looked around. Rena was right. The place was empty and the bar man was glaring at them whilst repeatedly glancing at the clock on the wall. Shit. She must have fallen asleep. Suddenly the prospect of going home to an empty flat was very unappealing. Tonight was not a night when she wanted to be alone.

“Is there a mini bar in your room?”

“Jurina, I think maybe—”

Jurina shushed Rena with her finger before saying, “Please, I don’t want to be on my own. My head hurts and I just want to talk.” She wiped a tear from her eye and sniffed.

“Well I suppose I ought to keep an eye on you if you still refuse to get a check up.” Rena frowned. “Just as well I have a first aid qualification.”

“Are you ok?” Rena was looking at Jurina with concern when she returned to the here and now after her jolly trip down memory lane.

Jurina rubbed her head. “It all came back to me.” She said. “I remember everything.”

Rena sat down on the step next to her and took her hand. “Hey, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You didn’t do anything bad!”

Jurina sniffed as tears pricked her eyes. “I seriously can’t dance though, can I?”

The memory of wiggling around in Rena’s hotel room, and the sound coming from the TV serves as background music, was mortifying. In fact, it was even more traumatic than being nearly hit by a car earlier.

“That’s not true.” Rena holding herself back from laughing. “In fact you’re an amazing dancer. Don’t you know that?”

Then Jurina felt her shaking with silent laughter and turned round accusingly.

“And you didn’t stop me from humilating myself in front of you!”

“I did try, but I was quite enjoying the spectacle!”

Rena stood and held out a hand. “Come on, you need a cup of tea and a lie down.”

Jurina knew from the moment she opened her eyes that something was out of kilter. Her head still felt sore, but at least there was no splitting headache pounding behind her temples. She looked at the clock on her table; it was still early, so at least she was not late for work. So what was different? Had she done something bad last night?
Then an arm snaked around her waist and somebody nuzzled her neck. “Good morning.” Said a sweet voice in her ear.
She relaxed and smiled. It was Rena, and for once she had done nothing she was ashamed of. In fact, despite the rocky start to their acquaintance, it appeared she had finally met a woman who was absolutely fabulous.

“Fancy a cup of tea?” She turned over to face her.

“Not yet,” Rena replied with a grin before kissing her senseless.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:33:23 AM by sophcaro »

Offline genkingblack

• not hiatus/abandon my fics but really have no time to write.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • タマです
    • genkingblack
Re: [ONESHOT] ONE NIGHT STAND?!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »
Hey I know you!  :hee:
I read your blog and all of fic there  :luvluv2:

“No, not usually, but then I’ve never had a lady attempt suicide beneath the wheels of my car.”
I laugh hard when I read this  :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak:

Its a good fic, that's all i can say. Thank you~ :on gay:
My Projects :
GenkingBlack's Vault [OS/Short Stories] Last update 4-Apr-17
Brave Enough On Going Last update 16-Mar-17
Love is Serious, When War is Involved   Hiatus Last Update 12-Mar-17
Heartsmith | On Going Last Update 19-Oct-17
Hidden Vault | Perv Section

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
Re: [ONESHOT] ONE NIGHT STAND?!
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 06:31:36 PM »
I haven't read wMatsui fics for a loooooooong time due to reasons lol, but I like the way you tell the story!!
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline Janix123

• I'm a stranger and a newbie!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Person who likes AKB48 Group!!!
Re: [WM ONESHOT] ONE NIGHT STAND?!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 01:26:19 PM »
JANIX HERE  :philippines: :philippines:

REALLY LIKE HOW THE STORY WENT.  :on gay: :on gay:

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THE 'ATTEMPT TO SUICIDE' PART.  :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak:

REALLY LOVE THE WAY ON HOW IT ENDED. NICE JOB.  :on GJ: :on GJ:

LOOKING FORWARD FOR MORE FICS!!  :ding: :ding:
Hehehe. I'm a person who can't help but love AKB48 Group. I'm a silent reader please treat me well. I'm the kind of person who gets crazy over my favorite pairings

:wigglypanda: :onioncheer: :onioncheer: :onionwhip: :onionwhip: :cool1: :cool1: :onionwhip: :onionwhip: :onioncheer: :onioncheer:  :wigglypanda:

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Kizuna Song