JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 4 Walls

Author Topic: 81st Academy Awards (winners announced!)  (Read 6988 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
81st Academy Awards (winners announced!)
« on: January 22, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »

PICTURE
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

DIRECTOR
Danny Boyle - Slumdog Millionaire
Stephen Daldry - The Reader
Gus Van Sant - Milk
David Fincher - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Ron Howard - Frost/Nixon

ACTOR
Richard Jenkins - The Visitor
Frank Langella - Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn - Milk
Brad Pitt - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler

ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie - Changeling
Melissa Leo - Frozen River
Meryl Streep - Doubt
Kate Winslet - The Reader

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin - Milk
Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Doubt
Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
Michael Shannon - Revolutionary Road

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams - Doubt
Penelope Cruz - Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Viola Davis - Doubt
Taraji P. Henson - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Marisa Tomei - The Wrestler

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Courtney Hunt - Frozen River
Mike Leigh - Happy-Go-Lucky
Martin McDonagh - In Bruges
Dustin Lance Black - Milk
Andrew Stanton & Jim Reardon - Wall-E

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Eric Roth & Robin Swicord - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
John Patrick Shanley - Doubt
Peter Morgan - Frost/Nixon
David Hare - The Reader
Simon Beaufoy - Slumdog Millionaire

ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Der Baader Meinhof Komplex
The Class
Departures
Revanche
Waltz With Bashir

ART DIRECTION
Changeling
The Dark Knight
The Duchess
Revolutionary Road

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Tom Stern - Changeling
Claudio Miranda - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Wally Pfister - The Dark Knight
Chris Menges & Roger Deakins - The Reader
Anthony Dod Mantle - Slumdog Millionaire

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
The Betrayal (Nerakhoon)
Encounters at the End of the World
The Garden
Man on Wire
Trouble the Water

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
The Conscience of Nhem En
The Final Inch
Smile Pinki
The Witness - From the Balcony of Room 306

ANIMATED SHORT
La Maison en Petits Cubes
Lavatory - Lovestory
Oktapodi
Presto
This Way Up

LIVE-ACTION SHORT
Auf der Strecke (On the Line)
Manon on the Asphalt
New Boy
The Pig
Spielzeugland (Toyland)

VISUAL EFFECTS
The Dark Knight
Iron Man

COSTUME DESIGN
Australia
The Duchess
Milk
Revolutionary Road

MAKEUP
The Dark Knight
Hellboy II: The Golden Army

FILM EDITING
The Dark Knight
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Slumdog Millionaire

SOUND MIXING
The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

SOUND EDITING
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

ORIGINAL SCORE
Alexandre Desplat - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
James Newton Howard - Defiance
Danny Elfman - Milk
A.R. Rahman - Slumdog Millionaire
Thomas Newman - Wall-E

ORIGINAL SONG
"Down to Earth" from Wall-E
"Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire
"O Saya" from Slumdog Millionaire
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:53:25 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: 81st Academy Awards Nominees Announced
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »

The Dark Knight getting snubbed :thumbdown:

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:48:08 PM »
The Dark Knight wasn't very good.  Not good at all. It was slightly better but no different than any other big hollywood production. The acting was in general pretty bad('cept for Heath). I'm just realizing this now but the general badness of the acting could be easily attributable to the horrible obvious characterization and less to the actors actually doing a bad job. 

It also went on for about 40-50 minutes too long and large portions of the finale weren't very interesting/were kinda stupid. However that scene in the hospital is a classic and probably worth the price of the ticket in of itself

I mean I'm kinda surprised it's not up for an award but it wasn't a good film.

EDIT: I probably should have posted this in the thread for the movie huh?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:03:01 PM by iacus »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 08:43:13 PM »
^ lol yeah probably. But any posting is GOOD posting :P

If SAG indicates anything. Heath is gonna win it. That would be fucking epic.

I'm kinda disappointed none of the slum dog actors got nods, I'm so into Freida Pinto :jerk:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 11:08:24 PM »
steadily making my way through all the nominations now. Have some early picks, but I'll save them until theyre concrete picks lol.

there is some definite bullshit going on with the academy this year. WALL-E got snubbed for a best pic nod, Gran Torino was completely ignored in all categories, Sally Hawkins snubbed for best actress nod, Dark Knight, etc etc

also seems pretty clear that iacus is a member of the snobby academy, lol :o  I'll concede that not everyone made stellar performances, but heath (whom you gave props to) and eckhart did fantastic work. and 50 minutes too long? thats pretty harsh, I agree it can be cut, but almost an hour chopped out would make it WORSE than you apparently already think it is. It wasnt the best of the year (which admittedly is subjective anyway), but it was one of them.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 02:30:09 AM »
almost an hour chopped out would make it WORSE

You're right about this.  I thought the film was like three hours long (itjustfeltthatwaylolamirite?) but it's really only two and a half.

The film wasn't especially terrible or anything. I would say it was pretty average is all.

Offline jhluva

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 10:42:50 PM »
I'm still so annoyed they didn't nominate Leonardo Dicaprio for Revolutionary Road. He was seriously -amazing- in that film... I don't think the Academy likes him very much. I wish he'd get recognition for his work more.
~*~HAPPY PRINCESS SPARKLES... OR SOMETHING~*~

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »
I'm still so annoyed they didn't nominate Leonardo Dicaprio for Revolutionary Road. He was seriously -amazing- in that film... I don't think the Academy likes him very much. I wish he'd get recognition for his work more.

hmmm, not sure how i feel about leo's performance in Rev. Road... no doubt it was quite a good performance, but when compared to the other nominees, I'm not sure he stacks up. Well, if anything, he at least did as well Pitt in Benjamin Button or Jenkins in The Visitor. Also, he's been nominated 3 times previous, so its not like the academy is ignoring him or anything.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 07:29:07 PM »
I'd be happy if either Slumdog Millionaire or Benjamin Button won best picture :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »
I have finally seen all the Oscar flicks so here are my favorites!

PICTURE
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

First of all I wanna say FUCK BEST PICTURE because the best movie of the year ain't even nominated. And The Dark Knight ain't even the only movie that got snubbed. My top 5 would have been The Dark Knight, Wall-E, The Wrestler, Slumdog Millionaire & Benjamin Button. The problem with all 5 nominees is that they all lack something: the movies are either carried by the actors or story/technical aspects. Milk, The Reader and Frost/Nixon have some of the strongest acting performances of the year but all three movies are still quite average. Milk was a snoozefest, Frost/Nixon would be nothing without Frank Langella and The Reader is quite possibly the most overrated Best Picture nominee of the year.

My favorite is Slumdog Millionaire mainly because of the brilliant story. It doesn't even have any real stand-out performances but the story is both entertaining and creative. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is another great movie that's missing stand-out performances. I do love the concept and the movie is absolutely gorgeous visually but the story wasn't as strong as I expected. I'm rooting for Slumdog but I wouldn't mind seeing Benjamin Button win. However the other flicks shouldn't even be nominated :thumbdown:

DIRECTOR
Gus Van Sant - Milk
Ron Howard - Frost/Nixon

As much as I loved Slumdog Millionaire I'm gonna have to go with David Fincher this time. Fincher is one of the most talented directors of our generation and he deserves recognition after getting snubbed many, many times. By the way, Nolan should at least be nominated.

ACTOR
Sean Penn - Milk

Mickey motherfucking Rourke! What a comeback! Rourke's performance is larger than life and it's so much more than a simple film role. This quote sums up Rourke's performance perfectly: "The Ram is such a rare fusion of person and character that it's almost impossible to tell where Rourke begins and ends.". Mickey Rourke is a fucking boss!  :theking

I have been a huge fan of Frank Langella ever since I saw him playing Skeletor in Masters Of The Universe and I'd be rooting for him if Mickey Rourke never made a comeback. Langella is fucking amazing as Nixon and his performance actually reminds me of Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles. Langella doesn't play Nixon, he IS Nixon.

Sean Penn gave an amazing performance as well but Langella and Rourke took that shit to the next level. Brad Pitt and Richard Jenkins weren't bad but I would replace one of them with Leonardo DiCaprio (Revolutionary Road).

ACTRESS
Meryl Streep - Doubt

Winslet got nominated for the wrong movie! She was good in The Reader but even better in Revolutionary Road. I'm also rooting for Anne Hathaway because her performance in RGM blew me away and it's always nice to see young actors getting nominated. Jolie was good in Changeling but she doesn't deserve shit cause I'm a Jolie-hater. Meryl Streep's performance in Doubt was strong but she has won enough Oscars. I liked Leo's performance too but the other actresses just happened to give even stronger performances.

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin - Milk

Heath Ledger. Ledger's version of The Joker is the new blueprint for movie villains and I guarantee that 20 years from now people will still be talking about his performance. Can't say the same thing about the others. Any other year I would be rooting for RDJ because he was fucking hilarious in Tropic Thunder. RDJ's nomination also shows that the Academy isn't full of idiots after all. I hope that we will see more actors getting nominated for "popcorn flicks" in the future.

PSH is always good but his performance in Doubt was just another great PSH performance. I hated Michael Shannon in RR so much that he almost ruined the whole movie for me. I also feel that Brolin shouldn't be nominated even though he wasn't bad.

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams - Doubt
Viola Davis - Doubt

Overall the best category this year. All 5 actresses gave Oscar worthy performances and I don't even know who really is the best. But since I'm a huge Amy Adams fanboy, I'm rooting for her. But to be honest they all deserve to win.

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

Wall-E was one of the best movies of 2009 and I'm really happy that it didn't get completely ignored by the Academy. Oh yeah, it does have one hell of a story as well.

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
David Hare - The Reader

Slumdog Millionaire has such an amazing story that it has to win :yep:

ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E

Bolt is good and Kung Fu Panda is great but Wall-E is a classic. The best Pixar movie ever and one of the best animated movies of all-time. There's absolutely no way that Wall-E doesn't win.

ART DIRECTION
Changeling
The Dark Knight
The Duchess
Revolutionary Road

The fuck is Art Direction? Whatever it is The Dark Knight better win as many pity awards as possible after getting ignored in the important categories.

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Tom Stern - Changeling

The Dark Knight revolutionized film making so Wally Pfister better win. The IMAX scenes absolutely blew me away and Nolan & Co. have changed the game forever (every new big budget action flick will contain IMAX scenes thanks to TDK).

VISUAL EFFECTS
The Dark Knight
Iron Man

All three movies deserve to win: Two-Face looked amazing in TDK and so did "Old Man Pitt" in Benjamin Button. However I decided to go with Iron Man because it's the first super hero movie with realistic looking effects. RDJ flying around without the armor was :shocked:

COSTUME DESIGN
Australia
The Duchess
Milk
Revolutionary Road

I don't really care about this category but the costumes in Revolutionary Road looked pretty authentic.

MAKEUP
The Dark Knight

At first I was gonna choose Hellboy II but then I remembered how young/old they managed to make Blanchett and Pitt look. Seriously Cate Blanchett has never looked better :drool:

FILM EDITING
The Dark Knight
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Slumdog Millionaire

Another pity Oscar for The Dark Knight!

SOUND MIXING
The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

Yet another pity Oscar for The Dark Knight. And if TDK doesn't win, then I hope that Wanted does.

SOUND EDITING
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

The Dark Knight looks and sounds amazing. It's also cool to see Wanted getting props because it has like the best gunshot sounds ever.

ORIGINAL SCORE
Danny Elfman - Milk
Thomas Newman - Wall-E

To be honest none of the Original Score nominees blew me away but I chose Slumdog Millionaire because A.R. Rahman managed to make Indian music sound cool :P

ORIGINAL SONG

I thought they weren't supposed to nominate more than one song per movie after the Enchanted fiasco. Overall Slumdog has the best soundtrack but I like Down to Earth more than the other songs.

....and that was my longest post the year XD
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:55:57 AM by Masa »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »
I take my cues from masa, so it's my turn for the big Oscar post. Let's do this!

PICTURE
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

I'm pretty much with Masa on this one. This year's Best Picture race is totally fucked up. My race would be Wall-E, Slumdog Millionaire, The Wrestler, Gran Torino, and Doubt. Slumdog is an amazing, solid movie. The Reader is a mediocre movie at best saved only by Winslet and the young actor's performances. Milk is rather good, but it just doesn't cut it for me. Frost/Nixon is the only other movie here that I can see why it got a nomination (though it didn't make my top 10 of 2008). Benjamin Button was a huge disappointment for me. It's blown WAY out of proportion, just made to be so much grander than it is (clocking in at over 2:40). It needed to be trimmed significantly, I think I would've liked it then. Bottom line: Slumdog wins this easy. Runner-up: Frost/Nixon

DIRECTOR
Gus Van Sant - Milk
Ron Howard - Frost/Nixon

Danny Boyle created a modern masterpiece with Slumdog Millionaire. His technique and direction was purely unmatched this year. Runner-up: David Fincher.

ACTOR
Sean Penn - Milk

First I have to say that Gran Torino was totally snubbed here, Eastwood definitely deserved a nod for his performance. Having said that, Rourke was amazing, you believed he WAS Randy The Ram. Everything from his dreary relationships to his pain in the ring. Rourke making a great comeback and this Oscar is just another marker on that road. I'm glad to see Jenkins here in an early nomination favorite. His performance was nuanced and subtle, but truly deserving. Sean Penn knows how to act, simple as that, great performance. Langella wasn't just playing Nixon, he had become Nixon and no one else will ever be able to play the former president. Runner-up: Frank Langella

ACTRESS
Meryl Streep - Doubt

Another snubbing by way of Sally Hawkins. Her performance in Happy-Go-Lucky was simply masterful, and was heads above Jolie's turn in Changeling. My pick here goes to Streep. She pulled out another phenomenal performance this year, there's a reason why she has so many nods and statues. This year though I am almost certain they're going to give the award to Winslet. This is her 6th nod with now win, so it's basically her turn, but Streep deserves it based on performance. Hathaway turns in her best, most solid performance of her career. Runner-up: Anne Hathaway

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin - Milk

For me, this is the race with the most top notch performances, all worthy of an award. Heath, though, was head and shoulders above everyone else. Ledger WAS that movie, everyone can honestly say that if Heath Ledger wasn't the Joker, The Dark Knight wouldn't have been nearly the film it was. Like I said, everyone in this category did a great job, and props to the academy for giving RDJ the nod he deserved. Michael Shannon's part in Revolutionary Road is brief and minor, but he commands your attention and steals every scene he's in. PSH is another one of those actors that are just amazing and can pretty much do anything. His performance in Doubt was just so full of talent. Runner-up: Philip Seymour Hoffman

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams - Doubt
Viola Davis - Doubt

I know Masa really loved this race, but to me this thing is only between Adams and Cruz. Runner-up: Penelope Cruz

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

I'm really torn on this category. I think Wall-E, In Bruges, and Happy-Go-Lucky could all easily take this home. I wouldn't be upset if any of the 5 took it home, honestly. Runner-up: In Bruges

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
David Hare - The Reader

Slumdog was just too amazing a movie not to win this as well. Runner-up: Doubt

ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E

I feel kind of sorry for the other two movies that they even have to go up against Wall-E. Runner-up: Kung-Fu Panda

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
The Class
Departures
Revanche
Waltz With Bashir

Waltz with Bashir was creative, beautiful, and just excellent.

ART DIRECTION
Changeling
The Dark Knight
The Duchess
Revolutionary Road

I may not have really enjoyed Benjamin Button, but I will not deny that it was visually stunning, just beautiful. Runner-up: Revolutionary Road

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Tom Stern - Changeling

Runner-up: The Dark Knight

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
The Betrayal (Nerakhoon)
The Garden
Man on Wire
Trouble the Water

Man on Wire was one of the best movies of the year, let along documentaries.

VISUAL EFFECTS
The Dark Knight
Iron Man

Amazing effects. Runner-up: The Dark Knight

COSTUME DESIGN
Australia
The Duchess
Milk
Revolutionary Road

Runner-up: Benjamin Button

MAKEUP
The Dark Knight

Runner-up: Benjamin Button

FILM EDITING
The Dark Knight
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Slumdog Millionaire

Another easy one for Slumdog, imo. Runner-up: The Dark Knight

SOUND MIXING
The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

Runer-up: The Dark Knight

SOUND EDITING
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

Runner-up: The Dark Knight

ORIGINAL SCORE
Danny Elfman - Milk
Thomas Newman - Wall-E

Rahman's score fits Slumdog Millionaire so completely. Masterful and beautiful. I was craving it 10 minutes into the film. Runner-up: Wall-E

ORIGINAL SONG
"O...Saya" from Slumdog Millionaire

I can't wait to see MIA perform O...Saya on the show. I'll be happy if either Slumdog songs win, but all three tracks are great. Runner-up: "Jai Ho"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »
MY PICKS!! Not sure about some so randomly picked.

PICTURE
Slumdog Millionaire

DIRECTOR

ACTOR

ACTRESS
Meryl Streep - Doubt

SUPPORTING ACTOR

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

ANIMATED FEATURE
Wall-E

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Waltz With Bashir

ART DIRECTION

CINEMATOGRAPHY

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
The Garden

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
The Final Inch

ANIMATED SHORT
Oktapodi

LIVE-ACTION SHORT
New Boy

VISUAL EFFECTS

COSTUME DESIGN
The Duchess

MAKEUP

FILM EDITING
The Dark Knight

SOUND MIXING
The Dark Knight

SOUND EDITING
The Dark Knight

ORIGINAL SCORE

ORIGINAL SONG

And it beat our Oscars Party in 2005?!?
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=57.0

GO TO #JPH!P @ Spacetronix.net or well the Chat FOR OSCAR PARTY/JPHIP DAY PARTY

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 10:34:09 PM »
FUCK YEAH!! TENSION IS HIGH AND I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »
Ok, maybe I'm going a bit fan over the movies I saw but well...
At least I read much about the movies too. Know what kind of critics they got and what they are about. etc etc

Wall-e should win prices too but I didn't saw it yet. But I don't think they can top slumdog with the original song.

Why so serious.

PICTURE
Slumdog Millionaire

SUPPORTING ACTOR

ART DIRECTION
The Dark Knight

MAKEUP
The Dark Knight

FILM EDITING
Slumdog Millionaire

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »
I just found this lol

JOIN THE OSCAR POOL!!

League username: JPHiP
Password: rika

http://games.fantasysports.ca/sympatico.msn.ca/oscars09/league.cgi

You have 3 hours :P

ETA:

some fake numbers you can use

Postal code:
T5P 4M8
M5S 2C5

Phone numbers:
780-444-2222
416-925-3257
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:11:58 PM by daigong »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: 81st Academy Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 12:16:08 AM »
Hmm, I'll take some guesses even though I failed at watching all these movies before the show.

PICTURE
Slumdog Millionaire

DIRECTOR

ACTOR

ACTRESS
Meryl Streep - Doubt

SUPPORTING ACTOR

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams - Doubt

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

ANIMATED FEATURE
Wall-E

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Waltz With Bashir

ART DIRECTION
The Dark Knight

CINEMATOGRAPHY

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
Man on Wire

VISUAL EFFECTS
Iron Man

FILM EDITING
Slumdog Millionaire

SOUND MIXING
The Dark Knight

SOUND EDITING
The Dark Knight

ORIGINAL SCORE

ORIGINAL SONG

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: 81st Academy Awards (winner announced!)
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 02:31:44 AM »
Winners

PICTURE
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

DIRECTOR
Gus Van Sant - Milk
Ron Howard - Frost/Nixon

ACTOR
Sean Penn - Milk

ACTRESS
Meryl Streep - Doubt

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Brolin - Milk

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams - Doubt
Viola Davis - Doubt

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
David Hare - The Reader

ANIMATED FEATURE
Bolt
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
The Class
Departures
Revanche
Waltz With Bashir

ART DIRECTION
Changeling
The Dark Knight
The Duchess
Revolutionary Road

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Tom Stern - Changeling

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
The Betrayal (Nerakhoon)
The Garden
Man on Wire
Trouble the Water

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
The Conscience of Nhem En
The Final Inch
Smile Pinki
The Witness - From the Balcony of Room 306

ANIMATED SHORT
La Maison en Petits Cubes
Lavatory - Lovestory
Oktapodi
Presto
This Way Up

LIVE-ACTION SHORT
Auf der Strecke (On the Line)
Manon on the Asphalt
New Boy
The Pig
Spielzeugland (Toyland)

VISUAL EFFECTS
The Dark Knight
Iron Man

COSTUME DESIGN
Australia
The Duchess
Milk
Revolutionary Road

MAKEUP
The Dark Knight

FILM EDITING
The Dark Knight
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Slumdog Millionaire

SOUND MIXING
The Dark Knight
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

SOUND EDITING
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Slumdog Millionaire
Wall-E
Wanted

ORIGINAL SCORE
Danny Elfman - Milk
Thomas Newman - Wall-E

ORIGINAL SONG
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:52:57 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 04:12:48 AM »
HEATH! :twothumbs

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 05:07:01 AM »
Yes! to Jai Ho winning! :w00t:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
Re: 81st Academy Awards (winners announced!)
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 05:56:14 AM »
Wow! Sean Penn won! :muffin:
Slumdog Millionaire was the winner of the night!  Felicidades hasta la India! :)

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 4 Walls