JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - Electro World (Album Version)

Author Topic: Dream's Last Chapter // 11  (Read 22243 times)

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: To catch a dream 03
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 03:03:53 PM »
@Sukoshi: A different feel? Heh, i didn't intend to, but cool if that's how the chapters seems to you XD

I wonder who's possessed... because... even I don't know >_>
Like you guys, I'm also curious about how the story will progress :lol:

Until next time~

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: To catch a dream 03
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 02:14:17 AM »
A possible Yossi/Ai??...  :w00t: :w00t:  ALRIGHT!!

Wait so does that mean Ai-chan is the gardian? And that red... thingy is the item that Yossi lost right?

This fic sure is filled with mystery.. I likeee!

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Dream's Last Chapter : 04
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 09:26:04 AM »
Chapter 4

“Have you seen Takahashi?” Risa pulled the nearest crew worker she could find to a side, looking rather anxious.

“Nope, sorry.” He shook his head and started to walk off.

“Tanaka?” Risa asked again, pulling the poor man back.

“Not even a shadow.” He replied, surprised at the pull.

“What about the other Musumes?” She was starting to look desperate.

“Which ones? Morning, Coconut or Country?” The crewmember joked. But after seeing no reaction from the normally reactive girl, his smile dropped and he shook his head again, not daring to say another word.

“Where’re the girls when they’re needed?!” Risa groaned and pushed the poor man away. Huffing, she stormed off into the crowd, which moved aside for her. Being sub-leader wasn’t as laid back as her senior(s) made it out to be.

Not far away from the studio, it had started to rain cats and dogs. People ran in all directions seeking shelter, and the sidewalks were sardine packed within seconds. Among the chaos, two women were about to be forced up against the wall by the intensity of the crowd, but they persevered.

“Yoshizawa-san!?” Ai jumped up and down, trying to find the taller woman in the mess. Too bad every other person around was taller than her, making things difficult.

The two idols had gotten lost from each other before they could say anything else after meeting when the evening rush began to flood the streets. As the morning musume leader was about to turn away and try her luck else where, she felt a vice-like grip on her wrist and before Ai knew it, an unknown person was dragging her through the crowd.

All Ai could see was a thin arm sticking out from between bodies, exerting plenty of strength to keep her hold on. Both figures bulldozed their way through the human traffic, jaywalked across the jam on the road and towards the stairs of an overhead bridge.

As the crowd slowly lessens, Ai’s confused and offended expression quickly changes into relief. Tracing her gaze up the arm, across the broad shoulders and at the face that had happened to turn to one side, it dawned on Ai that Hitomi was the one who had led her to shelter and at the same time, avoid being crushed by the crowd. They both stopped under the stairs, only a little drenched from the rain.

“Man, do I hate being in crowds…” Hitomi remarked, letting go of Ai to swat away raindrops that have not soaked into her outfit yet.

Massaging her now sore wrist, Ai peeked up at the sky. It was a completely grey, which worried her. She had filming to be done for the evening, but it was impossible to be moving about in a potential storm.

“Do you think the sky would clear soon?” The younger of them both asked, squeezing the water out of her hair.

“Maybe if we’re lucky, but I don’t think so.” Hitomi replied, shrugging her shoulders. “By the way, you dropped this.” She pulled out a thick book from under her jacket and handed it to the other.

Ai panicked at the sight of the book and searched through her bag, hardly aware that she had dropped anything before. The librarian would give her hell if she did lose it. Now that the book was in front of her and luckily in one piece, she took it back and bowed her head, thanking the taller girl several times.

Hitomi laughed and grabbed hold of the younger’s head with one hand, like a soccer ball, to stop her from bowing her head until she falls over. Ai felt pressure on her head and stopped moving. She blinked at the T-shirt in front of her with English words she could not understand.

“Ai-chan! We’ve known each other long enough to skip on courtesies!” Hitomi playfully scolded and released the girl, who straightened up, embarrassed.

“I’m sorry… I was just afraid of losing it.”

”Oh? What’s so important about it?”

“It’s a <i>library</i> book.”

“That’s it?” Hitomi laughed hard, personally never one to return books… or actually borrow one in the first place. “What’s it about?”   

Just as Hitomi asked, Ai perked up and flipped through the book, wanting to show her the tale of the Dream Guardian. Maybe she would know something about it.

“It’s of Myths and Legends. Here, I’ll show you.”

As she eagerly browses through each topic, a car was driving at full speed on the road beside them. Before anyone could comprehend what was going on, a loud splash could be heard even from a distance and there was a surprised yelp. Under the stairs, an androgynous figure was holding on to her shorter companion protectively, an open book wedged painfully between them. The taller woman was soaked to the skin.

“Are you… alright?” Hitomi pulled away by a mere inch or two to check on Ai, but she found herself trailing away as she observes the younger’s face for the first time in a long while.

“I-I’m fine.” Ai stuttered, too shock at the sudden turn of events. She fidgeted under the stronger woman’s hold, finding it weird but not the least uncomfortable.

“Have we met before?” Hitomi asked again, looking straight into the other’s eyes, a sense of familiarity rushing through her. She felt herself ignoring everything around her; who the other was, where they were, and what just happened. At the moment, it was as though she was holding someone completely different, as though she was somewhere else. Hitomi felt captivated.

“Huh? W-we work together, remember?” However possible it was, Ai tried to back up from the suddenly different senior of hers. But being surrounded by the elder’s arms wasn’t helping at all.

Hitomi was about to say more when she felt a hard jab at the side of her stomach, pulling her out of her unusual self. Quickly, she let go of Ai and stumbled backwards, bending down to clutch her waist in pain. Even more shocked by the assault, Ai instantly turned her head to where the attack came from to find woman in pink, pointing an umbrella at Hitomi.

“Ishikawa-san!?” Ai gasped, almost losing her balance and falling back.

“Flirting behind my back eh? And under the stairs, of all places!” Rika scolded as she neared Hitomi, who in turn looked up with a one eye open, tears brimming by the corner.

“I-Ishikawa-san…” Ai repeated, a little plea in her tone. <i>It’s not like that</i>, was what Ai wanted to say, but she was too afraid to speak up right now.

“And you, Ai-chan!” Rika continued as she helps Hitomi back to her feet. “Niigaki’s looking for you back at the studio.”

There were no scolding, no lectures, and no shrilled voice running through her ears. Ai was relieved, but a new set of anxiety settled into her. She was late for work! She thanked Rika for the reminder and was about to rush off into the storm when she felt her collar being tugged violently.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Hitomi questioned, her face still scrunched up in discomfort.

“Back to the studio, I’m late!”

“Not in the storm you’re not.” Rika added and handed her spare umbrella to the morning musume leader.

“But it’s only nearby…?” She looked at the umbrella, then at Rika.

”It’s a spare, don’t worry and take it.”

“That’s convenient.” Hitomi commented, wondering why someone would carry two umbrellas around.

“Isn’t it? I was told to look for you girls, it’s only natural to bring an extra one.” The Biyuuden leader smiled at her thoughtfulness.

“So you were looking for me too?” Hitomi wondered, rubbing at her waist as the pain subsides.

“That’s right. Fancy being captain and forgetting about practice.”

Ai wasn’t sure whether to leave or stay and watch the two women start with their couple routine.

“Ai-chan? What’re you still doing here?!” The oldest of the three broke out from her conversation for two and all but shouted.

“I wasn’t-“

“Just go already! Before Risa tears down the studio to find you.”

“We’ll be fine here.” Hitomi added.

She wanted to ask what Rika had meant, but she was quickly pushed back into the rain with her umbrella already opened for her. Deciding to better hurry back, she ignored Hitomi’s sneezing and Rika’ lengthened lecture and fought against the strong winds to make it back to the studio safely.

Just outside the studio, Risa was seated on a bench under a makeshift shelter and waiting patiently. She was tired of running about as if on a scavenger hunt. She hated being alone when everyone else was supposed to be with her. But they had her reasons, she was sure. At least her best friend would. She was leader after all. She lifted her feet off the ground and started to swing it, hoping for the storm to end.

“Why aren’t you ready yet?”

A low voice came from behind. Risa tilted her head upwards to find a man not much older than her leaning against the doorway. He was tall and refined looking, bespectacled and a little effeminate also. He looked down at her with an eyebrow raised.

“Who are you?” Risa asked, never before seeing this stranger.

“Sakurai Hiroki, your new makeup artist.” That explains <b>a lot</b> to Risa.

“Oh.”  She lowered her head and looked forward. “I’m waiting for the rest of the girls.”

“That doesn’t mean you can’t get ready first.” Sakurai replied and sat down beside her.

“There’s still some time.” She took a glance at the man and looked away again.

“Then we would all have to do over-time!” Sakurai complained.

“I’m sorry…” The young idol murmured.

“If you’re really sorry, you would head to the dressing room now.”

Risa gapped at the demanding artist, but he was right. They were about to start soon and she didn’t want to be blamed by the entire crew. She stood up and walked past Sakurai, who promptly grabbed her wrist and got up as well. He walked ahead and pulled her along.

“At the rate you’re moving, we’re all aging a year with every step.”

She didn’t have time to say anything when she was running after the makeup artist who refused to let go. She found herself in the dressing room within seconds, a record worth noting. Sakurai sat her down and started getting to work. Risa stayed put obediently. She was being paid to look nice too after all.

Just as he started to powder her face, the door slammed opened and water was dripping on the floor. Ai came in with her shoes soaked and a battered umbrella by her side. She looked at the pair in the room and frowned. She didn’t like what she was seeing. A man touching her best friend, and worse! He looks like a woman? Ai frowned harder and moved to her own dresser.

“Ai-chan!”  Risa exclaimed when she noticed her best friend’s presence and jumped up, only to be pushed down on the chair again.

“I’m not done, Risa-chan.” He addressed the idol intimately, earning a surprised look from the girl, and a glare from the other who had just arrived. Shrugging, Sakurai went back to applying make up on Risa.

“Wha- Risa, who’s he?” Ai all but ran to Risa’s side and whispered to her while giving the man suspicious glares.

“Sakurai Hiroki, your new makeup artist.” He repeated his introduction, after having heard Ai, who thought she was already soft enough. “Don’t worry, it’s your turn soon.”

“No, no thanks. I can do it myself.”

“We’ll have none of that. Now wait, I’m almost done.”

“Loosen up Ai-chan, he’s pretty good you know.” Risa giggled as the brush tickled her eyelids. The other however, had a fixed expression of contempt. As for Sakurai, his 'all knowing' smile had never once drop.

Ai sat down behind them and watched the feminine man. The moment she had set eyes on him, she had disliked him. And it’s going to be like that for a long, long time. She was quite sure of it. As the rest of the girls in Morning Musume gradually started to file in, each blaming the weather for being late, they could sense an ominous aura from the corner of the room where Ai was. For the rest of the day, they never figured out why she such an uncomfortable face whenever their new makeup artist was around.

A/N : Who on earth IS this Sakurai person? An ally? An enemy? A random person purposely thrown in to create tension between TakaGaki?  :roll:
This sure took me long enough.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 01:04:05 PM by inDeceit »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Dream's Last Chapter // 04
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 05:24:25 PM »
Last chapter? :o

“Have you seen Takahashi?” Risa pulled the nearest crew worker she could find to a side, looking rather anxious.

“Nope, sorry.” He shook his head and started to walk off.

“Tanaka?” Risa asked again, pulling the poor man back.

“Not even a shadow.” He replied, surprised at the pull.

“What about the other Musumes?” She was starting to look desperate.

“Which ones? Morning, Coconut or Country?” The crewmember joked. But after seeing no reaction from the normally reactive girl, his smile dropped and he shook his head again, not daring to say another word.

“Where’re the girls when they’re needed?!” Risa groaned and pushed the poor man away. Huffing, she stormed off into the crowd, which moved aside for her. Being sub-leader wasn’t as laid back as her senior(s) made it out to be.
Has she tried calling their cell phones? Surely some of them would pick up.

“Yoshizawa-san!?” Ai jumped up and down, trying to find the taller woman in the mess. Too bad every other person around was taller than her, making things difficult.

The two idols had gotten lost from each other before they could say anything else after meeting when the evening rush began to flood the streets. As the morning musume leader was about to turn away and try her luck else where, she felt a vice-like grip on her wrist and before Ai knew it, an unknown person was dragging her through the crowd.

All Ai could see was a thin arm sticking out from between bodies, exerting plenty of strength to keep her hold on. Both figures bulldozed their way through the human traffic, jaywalked across the jam on the road and towards the stairs of an overhead bridge.
Yossi's tomboyish-ness comes in handy sometimes. :D

“By the way, you dropped this.” She pulled out a thick book from under her jacket and handed it to the other.

Ai panicked at the sight of the book and searched through her bag, hardly aware that she had dropped anything before. The librarian would give her hell if she did lose it. Now that the book was in front of her and luckily in one piece, she took it back and bowed her head, thanking the taller girl several times.
The book from the first chapter that was meant for Aika?

OMGASS, DON'T TELL ME SONOBE POSSESSED AIKA!?!?!

What’s so important about it?”

“It’s a library book.”

“That’s it?” Hitomi laughed hard, personally never one to return books… or actually borrow one in the first place.
Yossi obviously doesn't realize how scary a pissed off librarian can be. :lol:

As she eagerly browses through each topic, a car was driving at full speed on the road beside them. Before anyone could comprehend what was going on, a loud splash could be heard even from a distance and there was a surprised yelp. Under the stairs, an androgynous figure was holding on to her shorter companion protectively, an open book wedged painfully between them. The taller woman was soaked to the skin.

“Are you… alright?” Hitomi pulled away by a mere inch or two to check on Ai, but she found herself trailing away as she observes the younger’s face for the first time in a long while.

“I-I’m fine.” Ai stuttered, too shock at the sudden turn of events. She fidgeted under the stronger woman’s hold, finding it weird but not the least uncomfortable
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh dokidoki!  :shy1:

“Have we met before?” Hitomi asked again, looking straight into the other’s eyes, a sense of familiarity rushing through her. She felt herself ignoring everything around her; who the other was, where they were, and what just happened. At the moment, it was as though she was holding someone completely different, as though she was somewhere else. Hitomi felt captivated.
Huh? That was odd. Could it be maybe that the spirit of the guardian momentarily took over Yossi? :dunno:

Hitomi was about to say more when she felt a hard jab at the side of her stomach, pulling her out of her unusual self. Quickly, she let go of Ai and stumbled backwards, bending down to clutch her waist in pain. Even more shocked by the assault, Ai instantly turned her head to where the attack came from to find woman in pink, pointing an umbrella at Hitomi.

“Ishikawa-san!?” Ai gasped, almost losing her balance and falling back.
Uh oh. :O

Ai was relieved, but a new set of anxiety settled into her. She was late for work! She thanked Rika for the reminder and was about to rush off into the storm when she felt her collar being tugged violently.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Hitomi questioned, her face still scrunched up in discomfort.

“Back to the studio, I’m late!”

“Not in the storm you’re not.” Rika added and handed her spare umbrella to the morning musume leader.
Rika carries a spare umbrella with her? :?

Oh well, never look a gift horse in the mouth, as they say.

“Ai-chan? What’re you still doing here?!” The oldest of the three broke out from her conversation for two and all but shouted.

“I wasn’t-“

“Just go already! Before Risa tears down the studio to find you.”
Good point.  :mon lol:

“Why aren’t you ready yet?”

“Who are you?” Risa asked, never before seeing this stranger.

“Sakurai Hiroki, your new makeup artist.” That explains a lot to Risa.

“Oh.”  She lowered her head and looked forward. “I’m waiting for the rest of the girls.”

“That doesn’t mean you can’t get ready first.” Sakurai replied and sat down beside her.
Sakurai does have point here. Might as well take care of herself while she's here.

Just as he started to powder her face, the door slammed opened and water was dripping on the floor. Ai came in with her shoes soaked and a battered umbrella by her side. She looked at the pair in the room and frowned. She didn’t like what she was seeing. A man touching her best friend, and worse! He looks like a woman? Ai frowned harder and moved to her own dresser.

“Ai-chan!”  Risa exclaimed when she noticed her best friend’s presence and jumped up, only to be pushed down on the chair again.

“I’m not done, Risa-chan.” He addressed the idol intimately, earning a surprised look from the girl, and a glare from the other who had just arrived. Shrugging, Sakurai went back to applying make up on Risa.

“Wha- Risa, who’s he?” Ai all but ran to Risa’s side and whispered to her while giving the man suspicious glares.

“Sakurai Hiroki, your new makeup artist.” He repeated his introduction, after having heard Ai, who thought she was already soft enough. “Don’t worry, it’s your turn soon.”
Seems strange that neither of them knew that Sakurai was being brought in to do their makeup. If the other members didn't know that would be different, but as leader and subleader, one would think that management would have informed Aichan and Risa about it.

Ai sat down behind them and watched the feminine man. The moment she had set eyes on him, she had disliked him. And it’s going to be like that for a long, long time. She was quite sure of it. As the rest of the girls in Morning Musume gradually started to file in, each blaming the weather for being late, they could sense an ominous aura from the corner of the room where Ai was. For the rest of the day, they never figured out why she such an uncomfortable face whenever their new makeup artist was around.

A/N : Who on earth IS this Sakurai person? An ally? An enemy? A random person purposely thrown in to create tension between TakaGaki?  :roll:
This sure took me long enough.

Huh? That's it? What about the mystery girl with the pendant? What about Sonobe? Where's Miki-sama?  :dizzy:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 02:06:42 AM »
I'm confused, and a little lost, but I'm loving it.

Gimme more! /rawr!

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 03:52:38 AM »
lol great stuff, this story has me all paranoid  XD

When Rika showed up I was like oh no! it's Rika!  Is she the enemy?  and then Sakurai showed up and I was like it's gotta be him!  It'd be very funny if he was just the random character to throw people off track but in the meantime it's fun to keep guessing  XD

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Dream's Last Chapter // 05
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 03:22:20 PM »
Chapter 5

Ai was beat, as proven by her quick decision to skip dinner, a shower and head straight to bed the moment she steps into her apartment. There’s always tomorrow morning to do the miscellaneous things. With that all planned and settled, she bid farewell to her group members and staff and left the studio.

As if carefully timed, an arm snaked its way under Ai’s and hooked itself around her’s at the exact moment she had stepped across the metal railing on the ground that separated the rest of Japan from the studio. Ai let out a breath that she had unknowingly gathered within milliseconds once she realized who had claimed possession over her right arm. Relaxing, she continued to walk at a comfortable pace, the other keeping up nicely.

“You’re horrible, Ai-chan! Not waiting for me before leaving.”

“You didn’t tell me to wait.”

“Excuses!” The younger puffed up her cheeks and folded her arms in a childish fit.

“Always the kid huh, Risa? Fine, it’s my bad, I’m sorry?” Through the interlinked arms, Ai pulled her best friend close to hoax her.

“You’re lucky, being my leader and all. If I blamed you, you’d probably give me hell at work.” Risa joked and unfolded her arms to cling onto the other’s.

“You think too highly of me. I’d just ignore you all the way.” Ai grinned slyly and received a soft punch to the side of her arm.

“You ARE horrible. I don’t know what the fans see in you.”

“Lots of things, but you’re no better off anyway..” she joked as well while enjoying the close contact they had.

Risa only pouted in response, because it was true, somehow. Such blatant bantering were quite common between the girls, having grown used to it on-screen, it was no different when in their personal lives. As the two girls arrive at the train station, Ai couldn’t resist yawning heavily, growing groggy by the minute.

“You look like you haven’t slept in nights, Ai-chan.” Risa remarked, feeling concerned.

“I don’t know, guess today’s been too much for me.”

“It’s no wonder, you’ve been putting up some resistance towards the new make up artist. I’d grow tired too if I had to put up a face whenever he’s around.”

“What’re you talking about? Face? Resistance? You make it sound as if I have something against him.” Ai rambled on, but the other only had a firm knowing expression.

“What do you take me for? Blind? You obviously do.” Risa scolded lightly. Lowering her eyes, Ai looked away with guilt.

“It’s not my fault he rubs me the wrong way.” The older girl admitted. In fact, she’s feeling that everyone’s been giving her strange vibes lately. Take Hitomi for example. She blushed at the thought of the earlier incident, and was glad that it was dark where she stood.

“What’s wrong with Sakurai-kun? I think he’s nice, and skillful too.”

“Kun? When did you two get close?” Ai snapped her head up and demanded, finding the relationship between <i>her</i> best friend and that… that… <i>girly man</i> to be progressing too fast for her liking.

“We’re not close, just friendly. He’s a really easygoing and cool guy you know.” Risa explained, sensing some discomfort in the other.

”I still don’t like him. Why do you keep defending him?”

“I’m not. Ai-chan, you’re being stubborn. Everyone else finds him alright, why don’t you?”

“I-I don’t know. There’s nothing wrong with disliking someone anyway!”  Ai’s voice almost rose to a shout. The more she listens to Risa speak about the man, the more agitated and bothered she became.

Not satisfied with the answer, Risa wanted to prod further but Ai had already slipped her arm out from her grip. A strong gust of wind brushed past them as the train finally came.

“My train is here. I’ll call you or something…”

“Ai-chan!” Risa wanted to hold her back but Ai had already fled into the  crowded cabin. The train sped away, rendering the abandoned girl speechless other than “How the hell did this happen?”

<i>’What did I do?!’</i>

Ai thought with a heavy heart as she fell forward on her bed. No matter how tired she had been just half an hour ago, her earlier behavior disturbed her greatly. She had flared up at her closest friend over a man they had both known for only a few hours. Inwardly, she kept asking what has gotten into her.

<i>’Why should I dislike someone I don’t even know?’</i>

She wondered and rolled over on the bed. Her thoughts refused to let her rest. In the dark, she stared at the void-like ceiling.

<i>’Just because he touched her?  But that’s a makeup artist’s job, I shouldn’t be bothered…

Because he is probably all that she thinks of now? I don’t see her standing up for me when I’m teased…

Why am I so uptight about this? It’s not like she’s anyone to me anyway…’</i>

Suddenly, her cell phone vibrated. The screen illuminated a good part of the room. At first reluctant, Ai stretched her arm far enough to reach the phone with her finger tips. Struggling for a second or two, she grabbed the device and flipped it open.

<b>I’m sorry.

-Gaki</b>

That was all the message said, but the meaning was as clear as day between them. Her thumb lingered on the keypad, wanting to hit reply, but she did not know what to say. Lying flat on her back, she held the phone above her face and stared at the message.

<i>’She shouldn’t be sorry… Stupid Sakurai…’</i>

The phone fell out of her hand as she gradually gave in to sleep, her arm going limp the moment she had lost consciousness. The reply she had thought of was deserted.

~~
<i>There was a notable moment of darkness prior to when everything in her sight began to wash away to reveal a room. There were tatami mats under her, shoji doors in front of her, red candles and lanterns everywhere and she found herself sitting within a strange symbol. It was chilly in here and she hugged herself to try and keep warm.

‘what the?’

Unfamiliar curves, scars and texture was all she felt. She quickly looked at her hand, no, it wasn’t her hand at all, they were very different. She wanted to speak, but nothing came out successfully. She crawled towards the edge of the symbol only to be repelled back by an invisible barrier. There was a soundless cry of pain as the impact burned into her skin.

She could hear footsteps from a distance growing louder. Not just one pair, but perhaps a few more. A group seemed to be rushing towards her room. Her instincts were only partially right though, seeing how a group of men only ran past her and completely ignored her presence. There was a slower set coming from behind. She wasn’t sure, but she felt an unnatural wind caress her cheeks and a shadow swiftly disappearing towards the direction which the men went.

She then heard screams and wondered why she was unable to produce any sound. But, that was the least of her problems when shock coursed through her like a thousand volts. Blood had splattered on the wooden platform and stained the shoji doors before her very eyes. The stench of blood filled her nose, and she felt her eyes grow wet.

Everything went silent but the rustling of leaves.

“I can see why Sonobe-sama wants you…”

A light and easy voice came from behind the stained door, the shadow of a person could be seen.

“So elusive that we had actually doubted your existence. But now, to be in possession of <b>something</b> so rare must feel great.”

The figure walked out from his hiding place and advances towards her. Her eyes widened in realization. He had the demeanor of a gentleman, but behind him was a merciless katana soaked in blood, creating a thin red trail as it is dragged across the floor.

“What’s more, you’re not just a mere accessory to my lord.”

She turned her head away violently when fingers could be felt on her chin. Regardless of how gentle he was with his touch, she felt violated all the same. He smirked and pulled away his hand.

“I’m eager to see what you can do.”

He sheathed his weapon without caring about the blood that was still dripping off from it. She looked at the red liquid that had been smeared everywhere and felt herself grow weak. She had never seen this much blood before other than in movies, and this was considered as close to reality as it felt like.

“Ah… ah… those who defies him are always so troublesome…”

He spoke as though he was the only one in the room. Treating this one-sided conversation like it had never started, he left the room.

‘Him… What was he talking about?’

His face ran through her mind constantly until everything started to become fuzzy, music could be heard suddenly and then there was a flash.</i>
~~

Eyes shot open when she heard a loud ring tone being played right by her ear. There was a delay in her reaction, causing the music to stop halfway through it’s 4th play through. Ai groggily picked up the phone and checked for her missed call. Somewhere in her mind, she tried but failed to recall the dream, or the face of the man.

Elsewhere in Tokyo, Risa looked at her phone, dejected. Her thumb had no intention of moving away from the ‘cancel call’ key yet. She pondered over the possibility of being ignored for the rest of the week, month, or life. It was a crappy feeling to be burdened with.

“Guess she’s still peeved… at me…”

A/N :  Sakurai wedges himself between Takagaki faster than I would've thought :O
Who's the man in Ai's latest dream? Where the hell is Sonobe? Who's the lucky possessed one? Those would be answered... soon enough.

Are you even more confused now? XD
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 03:25:13 PM by inDeceit »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »
*Aichan/Risa huggy interaction*
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... :wub:

“It’s no wonder, you’ve been putting up some resistance towards the new make up artist. I’d grow tired too if I had to put up a face whenever he’s around.”

“What’re you talking about? Face? Resistance? You make it sound as if I have something against him.” Ai rambled on, but the other only had a firm knowing expression.

“What do you take me for? Blind? You obviously do.” Risa scolded lightly. Lowering her eyes, Ai looked away with guilt.
Well, the guy was a bit abrasive when they first met, acting as if his being there should have been perfectly natural even though no one had been informed about him.  Also, his confidence in his abilities borders on arrogance, IMO.

“What’s wrong with Sakurai-kun? I think he’s nice, and skillful too.”

“Kun? When did you two get close?” Ai snapped her head up and demanded, finding the relationship between her best friend and that… that… girly man to be progressing too fast for her liking.
LULZ @ Aichan thinking of Sakurai as a "girly man". :lol:

Ai thought with a heavy heart as she fell forward on her bed. No matter how tired she had been just half an hour ago, her earlier behavior disturbed her greatly. She had flared up at her closest friend over a man they had both known for only a few hours. Inwardly, she kept asking what has gotten into her.

’Why should I dislike someone I don’t even know?’

She wondered and rolled over on the bed. Her thoughts refused to let her rest. In the dark, she stared at the void-like ceiling.

’Just because he touched her?  But that’s a makeup artist’s job, I shouldn’t be bothered…

Because he is probably all that she thinks of now? I don’t see her standing up for me when I’m teased…

Why am I so uptight about this? It’s not like she’s anyone to me anyway…’
Oh yes she is, and somewhere deep inside her, Aichan knows it.  She may not have yet admitted it to herself, but those feelings are there.

There was a notable moment of darkness prior to when everything in her sight began to wash away to reveal a room. There were tatami mats under her, shoji doors in front of her, red candles and lanterns everywhere and she found herself sitting within a strange symbol. It was chilly in here and she hugged herself to try and keep warm.

‘what the?’

Unfamiliar curves, scars and texture was all she felt. She quickly looked at her hand, no, it wasn’t her hand at all, they were very different.
Someone's dream? A memory? A vision of past events? Who's is it? Aichan's? Risa's? Yossi's? :O

“I can see why Sonobe-sama wants you…”
Sonobe wants someone? In what way, and for what purpose? Is he seeking a body to inhabit, or his next/final victim? :o

Eyes shot open when she heard a loud ring tone being played right by her ear. There was a delay in her reaction, causing the music to stop halfway through it’s 4th play through. Ai groggily picked up the phone and checked for her missed call. Somewhere in her mind, she tried but failed to recall the dream, or the face of the man.
Shit, is Aichan the one that Sonobe is going to target?!?! :OMG:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 03:55:40 AM »
Am I more confused now? Yes!
But more than confused I just want to kick Sakurai's butt! XD

Aside from TakaGaki.. even the dreams are getting more interesting!

Keep up the good work!

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 07:04:13 AM »
Aw, Sakurai's not that bad.
Sad there isn't more comments this time round... nevermind.
Still working on Chapter 6. TakaGaki fallout ain't fun to do, seriously. I think I'd write with a different style this time.
Next chapter might confuse you more, probably. This story's so full of twist since I keep straying from the original predictable plot while I write.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 08:16:19 AM »
I meant to comment after reading the last chapter but I was at a loss for words XD  I think I still am..so I'll just put it this way

Ai and Gaki on the way home~~~  :nya:

but then stupid Sakurai *shakes fist*  :angry1: *mutters* darn girly man..I bet he's pretty like a johnnies... =D~ erm back to the fist shaking   :farofflook:

and that dream!  omg that dream!  It was intense and really cool!   :scared: 

You really outdid yourself on this chapter!  I can't wait to see what happens next~  :mon lovelaff:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 07:52:39 AM »
I can explain!!! (Why I don't comment much about this fic) It's not that I don't like this cuz I do! It's just that everytime I see this story updated, I can't read it. What do you mean? You ask. Well, usually I'm stuck with group mates and stuff rushing projects and papers so I can't really keep my eyes glued to the monitor reading something totally unrelated right XD The most I can do is sneak a peek here and there which gives me zero opportunity to post a good reply. So there, my defense against my lack of posts :P

That said, I really enjoyed what I've read so far. This Sakurai-kun as Risa calls him, seems suspicious to me somewhat. I bet he's connected to the dream Ai had. He could be the person whose face Ai can't remember, or maybe just an underlink. No matter the relation, I'm positive he's no good guy. The girlyness could be a pretense even. I wanna read more, I hope you update often and fast :D

I'm disappointed with the measly MTV interview of MM. It was so short and not very fun. It was mostly Ai talking too. I like her but I wished the others had more screentime as well. And where's the TakaGaki moments?!?! :lol:

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2007, 03:06:30 PM »
Aw, Sakurai's not that bad.
Oh yes, he is.
If it weren't for him, the previous chapter would probably a little sweet walk along with some pleasant talk exchanged between Ai-chan and Gaki-san to the train station.

Oh yeah baby, this TakaGaki fan is burning up right here.  :angry:
Haha.

Still working on Chapter 6. TakaGaki fallout ain't fun to do, seriously. I think I'd write with a different style this time.
Next chapter might confuse you more, probably. This story's so full of twist since I keep straying from the original predictable plot while I write.

Oooh! A different style.
Can't wait to see what you'll toss at us. ^_^
And twists are good. Very good.

Predictable is only good when I am predicting a lot of AiGaki and it happens. Heh.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:06:55 PM by Sevii »

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
Re: Dream's Last Chapter // 06
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 08:13:36 AM »
Chapter 6

As expected of the season, it was a chilly morning. He… or rather, she pulled her scarf tighter as if wanting to strangle. It was a magnificent feeling to be here, so high up and overlooking the city. She felt special and invincible, standing by the edge of the roof. Places were never this high in the past. If only death wasn’t an option, if she decides to experience the thrill of falling. Then again, maybe it didn’t have to be.

Heels clicked against the tiles on the floor, which aroused her attention. The morning breeze started to pick up.

“You did a great job passing off as an idol, and a modern female.” The arrival broke the silence with sarcasm and a smile.

“Are you <i>mocking</i> me? I don’t tolerate insubordination.”

“And always so grumpy…” There was no tact in the response.

“Why… have you forgotten who it was that let you live until today?”

“Of course not. But we are even. You wouldn’t survive in this new era for a second if it wasn’t for <i>me</i>.”

There was a sharp impact between one’s slender hand and another’s smooth cheek. The wind died as echoes filled the sky, and birds were sent flying.

“You must have forgotten who you belong to. I can take away your breath as easily as I had given it to you. I suggest you watch your tongue.”

She gave the expressionless other a stern glare. The eyes she looked into were so dark and still that she could clearly see her very reflection, the reflection of <i>himself</i>. She blinked slowly, as though about to close her eyes. When her eyelids opened again, her gaze was now elsewhere. No more verbal exchanges were made as she steps aside and heads back downstairs. Now surrounded by stale air, the assaulted one only looked back in thought.

The wind starts again.

- - -

So much to say and so many apologies to repeat but no words could be found. The floor shook as additional weight entered the lift. A different number was pressed compared to the already selected one. As the doors of the metal container slid close, eyes met and locked. One felt sorry, and the other remorse. They tore away eventually… unwillingly.

Between tensed breathing and the smooth ascension of the elevator, both girls chose to mind their own business at the extreme corners of the lift. The elder observed the dull control panel and the younger fiddled with her decorated nails. They were expecting something, but whatever it was never came.

They tried to sneak glances whenever the other wasn’t looking though. Mixed feelings churned inside them, building on depressing assumptions. The easiest way to mend things seemed so complicated at the moment. If only self-control was easier done than said. If only the simplest of words weren’t so difficult to say face to face. If only those were all closer to reality than just wishful thinking.

She had reached her floor and the door opened once more. Conveniently, the other held a finger to the open button patiently until she was left alone inside the box. Disheartened by the uneventful minutes they’ve shared, she dropped her finger down an inch and pushed another button.

Outside, the younger of them both spun around at the same time, only to find herself catching a glimpse of the other through a thin gap of closing doors. Her mouth was half open in an attempt to say something. She was a second too slow.

Of the misunderstandings they had developed overnight, it only began to grow deeper.

- - -

She was home with some friends. The movie they had rented ran silently in the background as she lounges on the couch while one slept by using her lap as a pillow and the other was dozing off on a separate couch. She held a few strips of charms and a pendant replica, one identical to what she had lost. She inspected it thoroughly. These came in the mail before the evening and reeked of alcohol and incense.

But how does it work? How would it lead her to what she wants? Nothing was said further about it in the accompanying letter. She didn’t want to do trial and error for this. She had delayed long enough by observing every single person she comes across only to realize that it was a useless method.

Shifting Rika’s head to rest on a cushion instead, Hitomi got up, making sure that Mai was really asleep on the other side. She then headed to the hallway to make a call. As the phone rang, she prayed that the person she dialled for would miraculously pick up. And she did.

<i>“Hello?”</i>

”Nakazawa?”

<i>”Who’s calling at this time of the night?!”</i> Hitomi held the receiver far away while Yuko screamed into the phone.

“I’m sorry, it's me. I only need a minute.”

<i>”Hurry up, my supper's getting cold.”</i>

“How do I use these things you sent?” She asked, quite sure that the other knew what she was referring to.

<i>”Things? Oh! They react to anything supernatural, even Gods. But that’s all I know.”</i>

“That’s not helpful…”

<i>”If I knew everything, I wouldn’t be a lonely idol spending her night at bars getting wasted. I’m hanging up now.”</i>

“Wait! At least, do you know where I can find help?”

<i>”Try a shrine.”</i>

The line went dead.

- - -

“Yoshizawa Hitomi…”

Reading the caption, the name rolled off his, or her tongue, and it felt completely foreign to speak it. But she knew her, even by a simple picture.  Being suspended in the dark never implied that she wasn’t aware of her surroundings. She knew the aura of the woman; she would recognize her even if she had turned to ashes. After all, 2000 years was more than enough time to familiarize yourself with your permanent guard, especially if she kept you by her side all this time.

She flipped through the photo books and albums that had her and the other involved. She took it as an opportunity. The shame to have this shell was worth it. Who knew that the woman he unwillingly inhabited would actually be of use? It was purely coincidental that she would stumble on these photos, which means that fate and luck were on his side, he thought.

The game was finally starting.

A/N : More of a prep chapter than new style because I fell sick and lazy. With most characters now accounted, I can get deeper into the story now :D <s>On with the angst, death and betrayal!</s>

@Sevii : Trust me, he's not that bad. But if I told you why, I'd spoil the story. lol

@lil_Hamz : Haha, I'd be horrible if I don't accept your explanation :P and I'd like to update fast but life hates me enough to bombard my schedule with random things.

@Sukoshi : He's as pretty as a visual-Kei boy :o

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 08:51:12 AM »
I was wondering if Yossi was the one pretending to be someone else but... *gasp*but....she's a man?!?!? Wha....t..what???? *blabbers* then *faints*

How can a man be left staying around Rika like that??!? The horror of it all XD

TakaGaki :cry: They can't say I'm sorry to each other in the flesh. That's so sweet and sad at the same time. Damn that Sakurai man :angry:

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »
a man posessed a woman, gender confusion? :P

Do note that each section after a  ---- involves different people, except for the first and last :D

I'm too lazy to start on chapter 7 now, although I'm hella free XD

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »
START IT!
I am so confused by the man/woman person!
And my Gaki-san and Ai-chan!

>.<

That part was wonderfully written though, I could feel the awkward tension between them. Especially in a confined space like that. Well done! :D

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 06:27:42 PM »
Hmm... I'll clear the man/woman thing in the later chapters.

Funny... I'm suddenly completely blank for the next chapter D:
Hopefully I can get it up before I disappear to Taiwan for vacation though, otherwise you guys will have to wait 3-4 weeks for it  :stoned:

Offline Sevii

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 11:52:15 PM »
!!

You're from Taiwan too?! No way! :X

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 12:56:46 AM »
lol, yeah, only half Taiwanese though... too bad my relatives don't have internet at where they live ._.

farmers... *shrug* X]

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Perfume - Electro World (Album Version)