JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - Suzy Q

Author Topic: My Fanfic [Currently: More Than 8 Hours Chapter 10; Update on 3rd Oct]  (Read 8838 times)

Offline kinbari

Hi! Everybody, i'm totally new to fanfics.. i mostly read, but writes just my first time..

Please pardon my bad english.. Cause I don't think my english is good, and i don't think my 2nd language(chinese) is good neither.. lolx..

I will update the titles here, with their starting page.. Even though i been using computer for years, i still don't know how to link the page.. somehow can say i'm  lazy to do that, i will just state the page beside it, with other information that i might want to put.. =D Mostly i focus on one story, once one finish i will make a new one..

So far i only have one Story:

First story: [More Than 8 Hours] [Page 1 onwards]
Begin to think: 6th July..
Chapter: 10/??
Main: Tanaka Reina, Kamei Eri......
About: A new employee joins a company.. More like a office happenings.. It's not related to their real life, its more like reel life..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:58:57 AM by kinbari »

Offline kinbari

Re: Kinbari's Fanfic
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »
More Than 8 Hours
Chapter [ 1 ]
Reina's Point of View

Having to make myself getting up early for work and squeezing in these trains in JR line, is not an easy task for me. Thanks to the fact that I had a small accident which cause my beloved car to send for repair. Lucky, the opposite party willing to compensate for my car. It’s his fault after all.

I been working in my office for 2 years and got into my current position, 2nd Manager. Because of my post, I have to set a good example in front of my team members and colleges. Finally, it’s my stop after nearly dozing off in the train.

Yesterday, I heard rumours that two new comers had been interviewed and will be joining us today. In order to change the rumours to a fact, our 1st Manager decided to hold a meeting first thing in the morning. Speaking of our 1st Manager, Takahashi Ai, she is in charge of Team A, I’m in charge of Team B. We are all in the health and beauty industry.

“Ohayo Gozaimasu, Tanaka-san”
“Ohayo Gozaimasu”

That’s my secretary, Kusumi Koharu. Saying the truth, it’s hard for me to depend on her for my precious morning coffee. There was once I drank a salty coffee, she mixed up the difference between salt and sugar. But comes to work, she is serious, which I am glad for that.

Relaxing on my office chair and logging in to my computer. Having a password to my computer is so troublesome. But because of company policy and having a fear that hacker will hack into our computer and steal our documents or even trying to destroy it.

Knock Knock

“Come in”
“Tanaka-san, the meeting will be starting in 5mins.”
“Ok, got it. I’ll be right out”

The meeting room is just a few doors away from my office, and our 1st Manager and her team has already getting ready for the meeting. In front of every chair there is a copy for document for the rest of the staffs to go through on. Once I stepped in, everyone was ready to settle down and ready to hear our 1st Manager has to say.

“Morning everyone. I believe that you guys have heard about the news about two new comers that will be joining with us today. They will be reaching at 11am”

So the rumour is true after all.

PowerPoint slides were light up in front of us, showing us the new comers’ details and a picture was attached to it. It’s so troublesome to tilt our heads up just to look at the details, lucky they printed the details in the document.

“In fact, both new comers have almost the same information. So I have decided to just take one of them instead, and Management has approved of that. And I would like everyone to vote who we should choose.”

I was shocked that they are doing this way when they already confirm that two new comers will be coming in at 11am. What if one of them wasn’t chosen, and had to return home after coming all the way to here.

I studied their information. 1st one: Niigaki Risa, born 20 Oct in Yokohama. Graduate from Yokohama National University in Business Administration.

Wow! She graduated from Yokokoku which is one of the best universities in Business Administration in Japan! Sugoi!

2nd one: Kamei Eri, born in 23 Dec in Tokyo. Graduate from University of Tokyo in Economics.

Graduate from Todai!! My god! Ka...me…i E…ri… that’s a cute name. But her major is Economics, that’s unrelated. But I guess she can learn, if not why did she pass her interview.

I studied at her picture.
!!!
Her name suits her so well, a cute girl with a cute name. I wonder how she looks like in real person.

“Everyone, how was it? Have you chosen who to vote to join us in?”

!!!
Takahashi-san!! What’s the rush!! It’s only 9.30am; they have like 1 hour and a half to reach this building.

“Vote for Niigaki Risa. Please raise your hands”

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8…. [There are 10 people in the room]

I didn’t raise my hand as I have not decided yet. Takahashi-san was looking at me in a questioning look, I guess she must be surprise that I did not vote for the talent one that studied in Yokokoku.

“I guess the rest of the votes are to Kamei Eri. So… Niigaki Risa has the most vote, we’ll just go for her.”
I have to say something; I have to comment on something. But what…..

“Ok, let’s carry on what we have to do …… “
“Hold on a minute!!”
Everyone in the room is looking at me now. I don’t care!

“Don’t you guys think that we should let the other one to stay too?” Everyone is looking at me in a questioning look.

“I mean Kamei-san.” I said in a firm tone.
“I believe you have seen that Kamei-san’s major is Economics, am i right”

“I know, but that does not mean that we can outcast her. And why do we have to vote one of them out when they had already passed their interview.”
“It will be a waste of time to teach her since her major is not in Business Admin. And we don’t have much time to teach her. I believe you know that we are in a busy industry”
“Than let her be in my team. I’ll teach her, I’ll stay over to teach her. After all, my team is lacking of manpower.”

It’s almost like a heat argument between the 1st manager and 2nd manager. It’s the fact that her team has more manpower than mine. But, why am I arguing with her over a new employee. Is it I pity her because of the transport that I’m suffering this morning? Is it because I trusted her that she can do whatever tasks were given to her? Or is it because ……

Ahhhh!! Stop Thinking! I’m still in the heat argument!

“Tanaka-san, I believe you know that the management does not anyhow pay overtime pay.”
“I understand that very well.”
“Ok. Come to my office after I dismiss this meeting. Now let’s carry on shall we.”

Great! Now I’m about to get a lecture after this weird meeting from the great 1st Manager, Takahashi-san.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eri's Point of View

Ouch! Stupid sunshine, hurts my eye. Got to find my cellphone to check the time, 10.15am. 10.15am!! “AHHHH!!”

I heard a “tumb” sound before rushing into the toilet to wash up, because I’m already very late, I have no time to check what was it. I change as fast as I can, touch some make up on, got my handbag and off to wear my shoes.

Oh no! I’m late I’m late! I shall wear this shoe, since it matches my dress.

“Kaasan! I’m off now!”
“Please have your breakfast before you go!”
“I can’t! I’m going to be late!”
“Here. I had it wrapped up. Eat while you walk”

I grin at my mom. “Arigatou! Sayonara!”
“Come back home early! AND GOOD LUCK!!”

Oh man! I’m so going to be late. Its 10.30am already! I have to reach the building at 11am! I think I’m going to get a lecture of the fierce manager, with a weird hairdo and thick glasses. *shakes her head* I think I watch too much TV already.

Ahh!! “Itai!!!” How stupid can I be, fall down because a stupid empty can drink. I use my anger and took the can, throw up high. Than a “cruck” sound came, I turn and see. WoW! It went inside the rubbish bin. *shakes her head* No more shocking, I’m super late!

Lucky at this time, there’s not much people boarding the train or else it will be hard for me to board and alight from the train, which will cause me a lot of time.

I shall rest and relax while waiting for the train to stop at the station which I need to alight. After all I can’t call the driver to drive fast. Heee..

Let’s see,
Wallet – Check,
Cosmetic Bag – Check,
Cellphone…
Cellphone……
Cellphone………

!!!!

“MY CELLPHONE!” I shouted while standing up. Now I can feel everyone in the train is looking at me. It’s so embarrassing. I slowly sit down and bow a little by a little to show that I’m apologizing to everyone for the noise that I caused just now.

Oh man! How can I forget about my cellphone. I remember now, I dropped it when I was rushing to the toilet just now. Shit! I should have set more alarm. I guess I have to spend the day without my cellphone. *pout*

Finally reached my destination, I walked as fast as I would to the office building, as it’s already 11.10am. I took the lift up to 21st floor and walked to the information counter.

“Excuse me. I’m one of the new employees. I’m sorry that……...”
“Please come with me.”

I’m surprise that she didn’t even let me finish my sentence before she leads me the way inside to the office.
“Kusumi-san.”
“Hai! Ah! She’s here. I’ll take over from here. Arigatou.”

“Ohayo Gozaimasu, Kamei-san. I’m Kusumi Koharu. I’m 2nd manager’s secretary.”
“Ohayo Gozaimasu, Kusumi-san. I’m Kamei Eri. I’m sorry that I’m late for 10mins.”
She leads me to the office room’s sofa. And she suddenly grinned at me. “It’s ok, our 2nd manager is talking to our 1st manager right now, and she will be coming back in shortly. You can just sit here and wait for her to come back. Do you need a drink?”
“Oh. No thanks. I’ll wait for her here. Domo Arigatou.”

She grins back to me again. At least Kusumi-san is much more polite and still can offer me drinks to me. Unlike the lady earlier on, she seems so rude. And I happen to see her computer screen when I walked in with her, she was playing game. How could she be gaming when working?!

I settle down on the sofa, and look around the office room. I can see that this office room is so simple, I guess this 2nd manager don’t really decorate his/her office room. Suddenly I heard a click sound which shocked me, which made me stand up like a straight flag pole. A young lady walked in, stopped her foot step and look at me before continuing to walk to her big comfortable chair and sit down.

“Haa. You can relax, don’t have to stand so straight up. I’m not those strict and fierce manager that you see on TV.”
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:12:58 PM by kinbari »

Offline kinbari

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 07:04:38 PM »
More Than 8 Hours
Chapter [ 2 ]
Reina’s Point of View

After the meeting, everyone went out. I stop in front of Kusumi’s table before going in to our 1st Manager’s office, which was directly diagonal from my office.
“Kusumi-san.”
“Hai!”
“When Kamei-san arrives, tell her to wait for me inside my office.”
“Ok. Got it.”

With that ends, I walk towards the door, which stated 1st Manager, Takahashi Ai.

Knock Knock
“Come in.”
She glance at me and politely said “Sit down”

“About Kamei-san. Are we going to keep her?”
“I believe there is much more reason for having her to stay”

I panicked, because I can’t find any more good reasons for wanting Kamei-san to stay.

“I’m not going to ask any more explanation. You also insist that you want her to be in you team, I’m fine with it. I’ll just let Niigaki-san in my team. And I will explain it to the management.”

I was relief when she said that she doesn’t need any more explanation.

“As for the overtime payment……“

“It’s fine with me. But please don’t cut Kamei-san’s overtime. We can’t possibly deduct her overtime payment just because she has to learn. Just deduct mine will do, as I’m the one tutoring her.”

There was a minute of silence, as if we are praying for someone who just die. She’s looking at me with her very serious eyes.
Suddenly her telephone ring,
“Takahashi-san, Niigaki-san has arrived.”
“Ok, got it. Tell her to wait outside. I’ll be right out in a minute.”

That was her secretary. She starts to look at me back again.
“You are daring aren’t you. You know that you are not the one controlling the finance of the company. I’m wondering why you are helping just a new employee.”

“Er……”
“It’s ok. Leave out the explanation. I’ll take note of it. Than I shall leave Kamei-san in your hands. When she arrives inform me, we’ll announce their arrival.”

“Ok” With that, I leave her office, walked straight to my office room. Lucky that she always have a thinking that explanation is just a waste of time.

When I went out, I saw Niigaki Risa, which I’m able to recognize her from the picture that we saw from the PowerPoint slides. She looks nervous as expected; after all it’s her first day of work.

While walking to my office room, Kusumi stop me,
“Tanaka-san, Kamei-san has arrived and she is inside waiting for you.”
I look into my office room from outside, I can see a human-like shape is sitting on my sofa. “Got it.”

I open the door. She was shocked that I came in, cause she suddenly shoot up and stand like she was about take measurement for a new dress or something from a tailor. She is cuter than the picture that she send to us.

I laughed; “Haa. You can relax, don’t have to stand so straight up. I’m not those strict and fierce manager that you see on TV.”

“Come, have a sit over here. Don’t stone yourself over there.”

She walk over to the chair in front of my table.

“I’m Tanaka Reina, 2nd manager of this company and also your team leader. I’ll be guiding you along your way.”
“Hai! Kamei Eri desu.”
*grin* “I know that. By the way, your major is Economics. Why do you apply for a job in our company?”
“Ehm.. Because I want to try my luck in this business environment, and I had some job experience when I was finding a temporary job during my college days.”
“I see. You are lucky that you passed your interview...” and with some help of mine that nearly got me into trouble.

“I must warn you that you might be having some overtime work. Because your major is not Business Admin, which mean that you have to start from ground zero. I’ll be your tutor.”
“I’ll look forward for your guidance. Onegai Shimasu ”
“Later on, I will show you around the office, and introduce the staffs to you.”

When she get up and turn about, I saw a scratched wound on her elbow. I hold up to her hand and asked her what happen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eri’s Point of View

After being shocked by the door opening, the young lady laugh at me for watching too much TV. Saying the truth, she really don’t look like those strict and fierce manager that I see on TV. She asked me to sit over to the chair in front of her table.

She introduce herself as Tanaka Reina, 2nd manager and my team leader. I started to doubt about her age, since she look so young. Than she started to ask about why I choose this environment to work since my major is Economics. And looks like I got myself into more hard work, because I might have overtime to start learning things from Tanaka-san. Gambatte!!

When she was about to show where my desk is, she suddenly hold up my hand and ask. “What happen to your elbow?” It took me quite a while to answer as I was thinking how did I got injured.

Ahh!! “Itai!!!” How stupid can I be, fall down because a stupid empty can drink.

“Ah! Because I fall down when I was rushing to reach here on time.”
“Oh my. Rest at the sofa first, I go get the first aid kit.”
“Wait……don’t bother…….”

Before I can finish my sentence, Tanaka-san off to get the first aid kit. It’s just so embarrassing. I look at the scratched wound myself, my blood has dried up. It didn’t bleed much actually, but does it need to be taken care off? Just a small wound.

I saw her talking to Kusumi-san before she came back in, she took alcohol wipes to clear off the dried up blood. I flinch a little, because I felt a sudden pain when the alcohol touched the opening wound after the dried up blood was clean off.

“Gome, just endure.”
She is so caring. We just know for about 10minutes or so. “There you go, all done.”
“Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu”
“Let me give you another warning. You will be able to see me friendlier when I’m not working. Demo! Daijobu desu.”
She smiles brightly to me.

“Come, we’ll have to introduce you and Niigaki-san to your new colleges.”
I’m confuse, introduce me and who? We walk out of her office and I follow her towards a serious looking young lady and a nervous young lady, and we stood in front of everyone.

“Everyone hands off whatever things you are doing now and listen up. Meet Niigaki Risa and Kamei Eri.”
Everyone in front of us clapped happily and welcome us, I’m thinking the serious looking young lady is the 1st manager.
“Konnichiwa, Watashi wa Niigaki Risa desu. Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu.”
Oh... So not only me, there’s another one too. Suddenly everyone silence and looking at me, as I forgot to introduce myself too.
“Ah.. Konnichiwa, Watashi wa Kamei Eri desu. Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu.”

Everyone started to stand up, walked towards us and introduce themselves to us. And one by one I start to get blur, because there are so many names and faces for me to remember until the last one.
“Ok, Everyone. Its time for your lunch break.”
After finishing her last sentence, she walk up to me introduce herself to me.
“Konnichiwa, Takahashi Ai desu. I’m your 1st manager.”
“Konnichiwa.”
Than I heard Tanaka-san just intro herself to Niigaki-san too.
“Tanaka-san, Kamei-san’s desk will be the empty slot that your office is facing. After that on your own time own target to show her around.”
“Ok, Got it.”

With that, I follow Tanaka-san and she shows me my desk. It was not bad after all, a desktop computer, table and chair of cause. It’s just too plain, when I have time, I will decorate it. Hee.

“Have you eaten? Do you want me to show you around first? Or you want to have your lunch first?”
Suddenly we heard rumbling sound, and it’s coming from my stomach. I than remember that my mom gave me my sandwich and I haven’t ate it yet. I start to embarrass, Tanaka-san start to laugh in silence, as not wanting to let the people who stayed in the office to hear it.

“Come, I bring you to eat lunch. My treat, take it as your first lunch with your team leader.”
“No no no, I can’t accept. I have my sandwich with me. I can eat my sandwich here.”
“If so, does it enough for you? Its lunch time you know. You need more than that, it’s not breakfast. And I believe that sandwich is supposed to be your breakfast.”
“Eh! How you know!?!?”
“You were late”
“EH!!!” I started to think I forgot to apologize to her that I was late.
“I saw you coming in when I was talking to 1st manager in her office, and you were perspiring when you reached. You said you were rushing to reach here on time when I was bandaging your wounds. ”
“Ah…”
“So how, lunch? I’m hungry you know.”
“Ok, lunch. But I pay for myself.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reina’s Point of View

After I tended to her wounds, we so call held the welcome ceremony to welcome Niigaki-san and Kamei-san, and also show where her desk will be. Than I decided to treat her lunch, but she didn’t want me to treat, claiming that she has her own sandwich. After much guessing and observation from what I see from her, I manage to persuade her to eat lunch with me. Of cause she insists on paying her own, but ended up I win again for paying our meals.

After lunch time, we went back and I showed her the rest of the office area. I started to change to the serious mode of working. I taught her how to do the counting of promoters working hours, and then I gave her to work on it. She will have to report back to me, for me to check first, before I tell her to hand in to the HR and Finance department.

Time flies fast, as half of the day was orientation for her, by me. So my work haven’t finish. Most of the people have release themselves, so I walked out and told Kamei-san, “Hey, you can knock off once you finish what you are doing. Go home and rest.” I smile the moment she reply Ok.

I walked to the staff’s rest room to get a cup of coffee than get back into my office room and continue with my report which I need to submit by tomorrow. Than suddenly someone knocks my door and open, it was Kamei-san.
“Haven’t finish?”
“Last one. I need to hand it up by tomorrow.”
“Do you need any help?”
“Nah, It’s ok. It’s been a hard day for you already.”
“Two persons working on it will end it faster than one person working on it.”
“Haa… Ok, I got nothing to say.”

And so we work on my last tasks with her help… …. Soon, we are done with it. I almost forgotten that my car went for repair, I nearly went straight to the carpark. So end up we took the train home, I’m surprise that we live just one street away.
So I told her, “Once my car is done repairing, next time I’ll fetch you to work. Taking the train early in the morning to work is frustrating.”

I reach my apartment, and off to take a hot bath and cook cup ramen for my dinner. Simple, Easy and Fast. I check and found out that I need to top up my cup ramen, have to go supermarket tomorrow after work.

Soon enough I had fallen asleep after a tiring day… Ok, tiring half a day.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:21:17 PM by kinbari »

Offline kinbari

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »
More Than 8 Hours
Chapter [ 3 ]
Eri’s Point of View

It works! I set extra alarm to wake me up. Its officially first day of work after all, I can’t be late all the time, I will end up officially fire from the job.

“…………… Taking the train early in the morning to work is frustrating.”
I now understand what Tanaka-san said yesterday, taking the train early in the morning sure is frustrating. But I’m glad that I’m able to wake up early.

As usual, I took the life up to 21st floor, I guess it’s going to be almost like a routine to walk out from the train station to the office building, up the lift to 21st floor.

Today I brought my mini soft toy turtle along to place it on my desk, to keep me accompany while I work. I looked into Tanaka-san’s office room, she was already there working on her things. I think I shall go in and greet her and ask her what I should do today, after all she is my tutor.

“Ohayo Gozaimasu, Kusumi-san”
“Ohayo”
“I would like to see Tanaka-san”
“Ok”

As I waiting for Kusumi-san to ask permission to Tanaka-san through the phone, I saw the other new comer, Niigaki-san walked in. Maybe I shall say hi to her later.

“You can go in.”
“Thank you”

I went in, greet Tanaka-san. She taught me how to key the data and which one is suppose to key in, with that she hand me the rest of the documents that need to be key in. And off I go and work on it. Soon enough it was lunch time, I went to find Niigaki-san to ask whether we can have lunch together.

“Konnichiwa!”
“Oh. Konnichiwa.”
“Kamei Eri desu.”
“Niigaki Risa desu.”

There’s a weird silence, as we still don’t know each other yet.
“Want to have lunch together?”
“Ah… Ok…”
She accept it, and off we go having our lunch.

“By the way, you can just call me Risa.”
“Ok. You can just call me Eri. So, how do you find this job?”
“Oh. Newspaper.”
“Ah… Same. Hee..”

And so, we chat while having our lunch together. She also told me that she had a lot of work to do, as our 1st manager gave her. I guess I’m lucky that Tanaka-san didn’t gave me much work to work on. Maybe she is teaching me step by step.

We walk back to our office and continue to work on from where we stopped. I found out that Tanaka-san hasn’t walk out from her office room, I start to wonder; “Today a lot of work to be done?” I walk over to Kusumi-san table and ask her; “Has Tanaka-san eaten? She seems to be working very hard.”
“Don’t worry; I brought in biscuit earlier on. She always had only biscuits whenever a major project has to be done. Tomorrow there will be a VIP coming in, and she is in charge of it. So she has to work on it seriously. Plus the Repair Service Company called her.”
“Repair Service Company??”
“Oh… Her car had a little accident a few days ago, she collecting it after her work. She wanted to finish her work on time, so that she can get her car.”
“I see… I get back to work… Thanks.”

I think I better work on my data fast, so that I can help her work on something else, at least can leave off some work load from her. Just last two more data files to key in, and I’m ready to save it.

1 hour later….

“There… All done… 2pm…”
“Kusumi-san, I would like to see Tanaka-san”
“Ok”
A few minutes later.
“You can go in.”
“Thanks”

“Tanaka-san, I’m done with the data collection.”
“Oh… Ok.. Come over, next I teach you about……..”

Tanaka-san looked surprise that I finish what I was given before, and now she is teaching me new things, and I’m all ready to listen to her carefully. Or else if I get any mistake it will be another problem for Tanaka-san, and I don’t want that to happen on the day of preparation for the VIP visit.

After she teaches finish, I went out to work on it carefully without making any mistake.
Reina’s Point of View

Early in the morning, I got myself one good news and one bad news. Good news is that I can collect my car today, but I have to collect it after my work. Because of the bad news I had today. Bad news is that tomorrow there will be VIP coming in, and I’m in charge of it.

I have to work this VIP visit project seriously. It’s like a major test ever since I stepped into this position. I taught Kamei-san what I can and gave her the work to be done by her. I hope she can make it, hoping that she can finish. So that I can teach her more, as there is more to learn from.

Before lunch time starts, I called Kusumi-san to bring biscuits in for me before she went for her lunch break. I always had biscuits whenever I am really busy working on major project. It’s like a habit already. Biscuits are much more easily to work together with. Because I can work on my project while eating. Plus it does not smell, I don’t want my office room to be filled with weird food smell.

Suddenly Kusumi-san call in, stating that Kamei-san want to talk to me. I let her in, and she told me that she is done with her work that I gave her earlier on. So I stop working on my project, and teach her other things, and let her do it herself.

I wonder what time it is, but I forced myself not to look at the time. So that I can finish it without thinking that I still have how much time left.

Time goes by……..

Knock Knock.
“Come in”
“Tanaka-san, I’m going off now. Go home early.”
“Ok, Got it.”

Kusumi-san came in and inform me that she is going off now, which make me know the time, 5pm. I got last one to finish off. So I can hand it in to Takahashi-san.

Knock Knock
“Come in”
“Tanaka-san”
“Ah… Kamei-san..… You…… sit….. first…….”
I started to talk like robot while typing my last paragraph.
“AH! Finish!!”
I saw Kamei-san flinch a little, because she was shocked by my shout.
“Wait here.”

I rush off to Takahashi-san’s office room.
Knock Knock
“Come in”
I open the door, Niigaki-san is inside her office room. I started to wonder whether I am disturbing her.
“Am I disturbing you?”
“No.. I believe you have just finished the project for tomorrow VIP visit.”
“Yes… Here…”

I show her the document, than I look at Niigaki-san and smile at her.
“Ok.. Good.. You can knock off now, if not you can continue staying to teach Kamei-san.”
“Oh… She progress fast today, so we are not staying for overtime.”
“Oh… Ok..”

And off I go back to my office room, saw Kamei-san sitting on the sofa and I apologize to her and ask... “Sorry, you were looking for me just now…..”
“Oh yar… I was wondering whether I can help you in your major project, but just nice you finished it. Congrats”
“Haa.. Thanks…”

“I’m going off to collect my car. You want to come along?”
“Huh….. ”
“Since you are here, Let’s go.”
“Eh!!”

I start to pull her hand gently and off we go and took the train, it’s only a few stop than we can get down. We found some vacant seats, so we sit and wait while reaching our station.

“So… Do you have any siblings?”
“I do, One big brother and one younger sister.”
“I see…” I started to take out my MD, and start to listen to music on one side of my ear.
“What about you?” She asked
“One younger brother, in Fukuoka.”
“Oh…”
“I’m from Fukuoka.”
“All my friends are there, I rarely make friends here.” *grins* “Oh… I’m sorry that I somehow forced you to accompany me.”
“Ah… It’s ok. I don’t mind accompany my new friend.” She smiled back to me. I’m glad that she don’t mind. Cause every since I moved here to Tokyo, friends that I made all come and go after a few years.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:27:51 PM by kinbari »

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
Re: My Fanfic [Currently: More Than 8 Hours Chapter 3; Update on 4th Aug]
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »
Interesting setting. Quite different from the usual. Keep it coming, it's a nice reading.  ;)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 04:42:25 AM »
I do like having the different setting too :D
Plus, I really like the characters you've got... TanaKame already so cute :heart:
Koha's coffee making skills are waaay bad XD and loved the can landing in the garbage bin part :lol:

Keep em' coming :)

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 05:00:45 AM »
Just finished reading what you have so far. Cute~ :inlove:
You're doing great!

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »
Sia laaa... your writing... Your from Singapore aren't you? hah.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:41:41 PM by stefy »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 02:16:43 AM »
It's nice that Reina offered to mentor Eri like that. :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kinbari

Re: My Fanfic [Currently: More Than 8 Hours Chapter 4; Update on 19th Aug]
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »
@Amarghetta: Are you chibimikitan in H!O.. your avatar somehow looks like the previos avatar that chibimikitan have.. lolx..
@lollipopgirl: i try to write a simple writing, because my english i dont think its good.. =)
@strawb3rrykream: i will keep it up.. =D
@stefy : yes, i'm singaporean.. i only studied basic english, i not from express.. so my writing is real real real basic.. i hope you mean good comments.. =)
@JFC: haha, ya.. somehow the mentor thing just pop out from my mind.. lolx..

Here's Chapter 4.
Chapter [ 4 ]
Eri's Point of View
Saying the truth, I really don’t mind accompany a new friend to places. She pulled me out from her office to accompany her to collect her car. She also told me that she is actually from Fukuoka and has a brother over there.

We reached the “Repair Service Company”…
“Excuse me. I’m Tanaka-san. I’m here to collect my car.”
“Arrh…. Over here.”
“Hai!”

We follow the repairman to her car. He uncover the sheet, and reveal a shiny red car. It looks like they waxed her car also.
“Total cost will be 30k Yen.”
“Hai!” I waited one side as I see Tanaka-san took her wallet out and give the repairman a credit card. As they are making the payment to process, something catches my eyes. It was a photo from Tanaka-san’s wallet. It was Tanaka-san with another girl. I wonder who the other girl is and seems like the photo is roughly around two years ago.

“Arigatou Gozaimasu! Please come again.”
“Arigatou.”

I came back from reality when Tanaka-san closes her wallet.
”Come, Let’s get in the car.”
“Hai.”

We board her car, and she drove off. She ask while driving, “Do you want to go to the supermarket?”
“Eh?”
“Oh…. I wanted to top up food supplies for myself. My refrigerator is getting empty, same for my dry foods. Do you want to come along with me? Or do you want me to send you home?”
A weird silence come about …… hmm… Do I need to get anything?
“Hello~~ Kamei-san, don’t stare into space. It’s scary.”
“Ahh..Gomen. I got nothing to buy, but I can call my mom whether she need me to help her to buy anything.”
“Ok”

I think I can accompany her, after all she staying in Tokyo alone, seems lonely for her.

We reached the supermarket, pushed a trolley and now we can at the main entrance of the supermarket. I made a call to my mom just now, she said she wanted to buy some fresh tomatoes and instant noodles.

I got my tomatoes and I have to find Tanaka-san, as she is nowhere to be found in the vegetables section. I reach the meat section and saw her. I glance inside the trolley, there was like 5 packs of beef from different parts of the cow.
“Tanaka-san, you seems…..”
“Ahh.. You can call me Reina. It’s too formal, after all we are off work already.” She smile brightly at me.
“Hai! Reina-chan, you like yakiniku?”
“Oh yes!! Yakiniku is my favourite!! I can’t live without it.” This time, she smile even brightly and even jump a little. She looks so outgoing when she is off work.

Soon enough, somehow it becomes my turn to be like a kid. Whenever I see something cute, I will grab and put inside the trolley. We were having fun shopping in the supermarket.

During our payments, I saw that photo from Reina’s wallet again. They were so close when they take photo. I wonder what the story behind it. Somehow it looks like they are a couple. Couple? Can it be? Japan is a free world after all, lots of things happen.

“Kame, Help me please.”
I got back to reality; “Hai!”
“Ahh!! It is ok for me to call you ‘Kame’?”
“Oh.. Daijobu.”
“Hee…”

We help each other carry bags full of food and drinks back to her car. She starts the engine and drive back to her house first, as she really bought lots of stuffs and I help her bring it in. After parking her car in the carpark of her private condo, we took the lift and reached her apartment.

Her apartment was around mid size, almost just nice for two. Her apartment design was simple and nice. I live in a bungalow with my family; I can feel the warmness from my family. Hers was kind of cold, because she lives alone. After that, she volunteers to walk me home. We live close, so we can just walk to my home.

We agree that we can sometimes meet up for dinner or just meet up to have a chat, since she is living alone. It will be lonely for her to eat by herself. We say our good nights and off she go, walking back the same route to her house.

I can say, Reina-chan is actually a outgoing girl who hides lonely self in her house. I feel sorry for her. I want to know more about her and know more about her past.
Reina's Point of View

I finally got back my car, without my own transport is really troublesome. I asked her whether she wan to go to the supermarket. After all I have a car, so I guess there is no problem at all.

She though about it and told me that she will call her mom whether her mom wants anything. I felt guilty for dragging her out, cause somehow she is forced by me. One of these days I shall treat her out for dinner, for thanking her for accompany me.

“Ahhh.. yakiniku!” I rush over to the meat section and grab my yakiniku. While choosing the nicest meat, Kamei-san came over. She was shocked that I grabbed 5 packs of beef.

She call me Tanaka-san, I feel that its too formal. “….You can call me Reina…” I told her that I love yakiniku, its my favourite meat.

Suddenly we were at the confectionary section, she started to grab plums. Without asking, I can see that she love plums. She’s smiling towards a nicely packed plum. I grab that packed plums, and put inside the trolley.
“I’ll buy for you this.”
“No no”
“Daijobu desu yo~ You accompany me the whole evening, I shall buy this as a return for your kindness.”

She accepts it without saying a word, as she knows that she can’t stop me. We make our payments over the cashier counter. When I’m waiting to sign on the receipt, I noticed that Eri is looking at my wallet. I glance to where she was looking and daydreaming. I notice that she was looking at that photo in the wallet, the photo of me and her. I should have taken it out, after all it’s the past already. Let bygones be bygones. She’s not mine anymore, should even forget about the happy memories.

I’m about to carry the packed stuffs back into the trolley, so that we can just push it over to my car and load it in. But the turtle girl still daydreaming, I think I start to get use to it. I snap her back to reality and ask her to help me, or else the Queue from the cashier counter will be even longer.

Once we loaded our stuffs that we bought from the supermarket, and we drove to my apartment. As she help me to carry bags that I bought from the supermarket, from the carpark to my apartment.

She told me that we can meet up for dinner; after all we live only one street away. I was so delighted to hear that from her. At least I won’t have any worries of eating alone anymore. Thinking back about what we agreed, somehow my eyelids are getting heavy and heavy…………..

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »
I'm also not from express stream either what. Meh, just learn as you write more I guess. They always do say practice makes perfect. Actually your fic idea wasn't that bad at first, but now it just too boring. It needs something else that will attract your readers. (Reina having an ex girlfriend is not enough)

But ah well since it's TanaKamei, I'll still pop by and read this fic.  :)

Ganbare~

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 01:22:17 AM »
Wow, Reina sounds like she has a nice car!!! And who is this in the photo???? Love that Kame spaces all the time! :inlove:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 02:23:08 AM »
Ooooooooooooo...Reina's got a mystery woman. :O

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 03:28:44 AM »
Yay, and update! Keep it coming, I wanna know about the photo.

@Amarghetta: Are you chibimikitan in H!O.. your avatar somehow looks like the previos avatar that chibimikitan have.. lolx..
Nopes, I'm Klokken there. ;)
This avatar was given to me by my sister, because she thinks I look like that cat most of the time.

Offline momosu_1

• TanaKamei ^_^ TakaGaki
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:38:54 AM »
oh my..oh my..oh my Interesting setting..!!!!
ne Kinbari..i like ur writing..

Reina having ex-girlfriend??

oshite kudasai
"A Turtle Just For KAMEI"

TanaKamei ^_^ TakaGaki
Morning Musume ikimasshoi!!

Offline kinbari

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 02:54:24 AM »
@stefy: thx for reading. =)
@strawb3rrykream: hahaha, pretty much a nice car? lolx..
@amarghetta: oh, icic.. =D
@momosu_1: haha.. nice and cute monkeys? lolx.. thx for reading.. =D
Chapter [ 5 ]

2 months later…

Reina's Point of View

2 months has passed, Kame is getting use to what she is doing now. She is a fast learner, wise and weird at times. I flip my phone to make a call to her cell phone, informing her that I’m at her door house right now and ready to drive off once she get in.

“Ohayo!”

“Ohayo, Kame-chan.”

She got in the car, and now we are on the way to our office.

“Nee Reina-chan, what do you think going to happen today?”

“hmm.. If I’m not wrong, at this period it should be the Beauty and Health Convention is coming up.”

“Beauty and Health Convention?”

“It’s a convention whereby all Beauty and Health companies gather and sell their products in one location. As for our company, you can see that we are 100% in charge of the Beauty products.”

“As for the Health products will be Takahashi-san??”

“Eh!!! No No... Takahashi-san is under the Beauty section too. Looks like you are still blur about the section we are in.”

“Oh.. I thought you and Takahashi-san is in the different department.”

“Ahhh…. No, Takahashi-san is under the Beauty section. We have two teams in each Beauty Section and Health Section. Takahashi is in charge of the Northern part of Central Area, the Team A, I’m in charge of the Southern part of Central area, the Team B.”

“Ahh… I see..”

I just found a spot in our office building carpark, to park my car.

“So, who is in charge of the Health product section?”

It’s her… her again… I wish this convention is not going to happen, but it does happen every single year. I don’t wish to see her.

“Reina”

A hand wave in front of me.

“Ah… Gomen… Let’s go. The lift is here.”

We board the lift and pressed 12.

“Nee.. Reina-chan, you haven’t answer my question.”

“Kamei-san, we are in the office now. So, get back to your formal tone.”

“Hai! Tanaka-san.”

That should stop her from asking the same question again.

*Ting* “12th Storey”

“Ja, nee~”

“Hai!! huh!! Kame!! Formal!”

She run off before I can get to lecture her. Geez, It’s like I’m being bullied by her while she having fun to make me embarrass.

“Ohayo Gozaimesu, Tanaka-san.”

“Ohayo, Kusumi-san.”

“Meeting will be starting soon.”

“Oh… Last minute meeting?”

“Hai! Takahashi-san said the meeting is going to be about the Beauty and Health Convention.”

“Oh.. Hai, Wakarimasu.”

Once I step in the meeting room, everyone is already in the room.

“Ok, Everyone is here. Let’s start the meeting.”

Takahashi-san started off with; what we are going to promote, which companies will be there, what are our goals and target, how are we going to promote our products to our customers and lastly a new challenge.

“Our new challenge will be, we have to compete against our Health products department.”

“Compete?”

“Yes Tanaka-san. We are not only competing against other companies, we are also competing against our own company. The total amount of our earning will compare against the Health products. If either of us wins, we will get a holiday trip to Hawaii.”

“EH!! USO!!!!”

Wow, Niigaki’s reaction is 100% hyper. But then, It’s going to be hard. She is sure to be in charge of it, 100% sure of it.

“But then, I heard that their 1st Manager is in charge of it, it was said that she never lose any challenge that was send to her. It’s going to be hard for us to win them.” Teruo is right.

“If so, then we will be the first one to beat her down.” Impossible!! “Knowing by her character, I believe she will be coming in soon.”

I am 100% sure that she is going to come in here, just to show us how prepare she is.

“Tanaka-san, I’m going to put you in charge of this project.”

“Huh!!”

“Yes, you are in charge of it. Don’t huh me.”

“But…”

“No more buts. You know her earlier than anyone of us here, you are the most suitable to take up the challenge. I will be busy working on the international project.
Eri’s Point of View

*Ting* “12th Storey”

“Ja, nee~”

I run off before Reina replies to me. I just love making fun of her, because she looks cute when she got angry. I don’t always got any scolding from her.

“Ohayo, Kamei-san.”

“Oh.. Ohayo, Gaki-san”

“Later we are going to have a meeting with the rest of the people.”

“Hai!”

We walk in the meeting room, sit at our own seats waiting for the last person to come in. Meeting…. Meeting…. Meeting….

“……….Today’s meeting is about Beauty and Health Convention………..”

I started to wander off again, thinking what I should eat at lunch break. Maybe I should eat Ramen……

“…….Hawaii.”

“EH!! USO!!” I looked to where that voice comes from, from Gaki-san. Wow.

Wait a minute, did I hear wrongly? Did I hear Hawaii?

“But then, I heard that their 1st Manager is in charge of it, it was said that she never lose any challenge that was send to her. It’s going to be hard for us to win them.”

Who is this 1st Manager that Teruo-san talking about? I should not have daydreaming just now. Now I don’t get what they are talking. Baka Kame!

“…………..I believe she will be coming in soon.”

Come in? For? My god? A new lesson to learn, never never daydreaming during an important meeting.

“Huh!!”

“But…”

Tanaka-san is going to be in charge of our Beauty Department during the whole period of the convention. She was about to reject it, but why? It’s a good opportunity for her; she might get a promotion or even bonus.

“……….You know her earlier than anyone of us here…………”

Oh... Reina know her earlier than us? I’m so going to investigate from this good friend of mine. Serve her right for not answering my question earlier on in the carpark.

“Ok, that’s settle. Meetings dismiss.”
Takahashi-san releases us, we step out of the meeting room and ready to get to our work. When we are about to walk back to my table, I accidently bang to the person in front of me. “Itai!”

I’m about to scold the person in front who just stopped in front of me. But then not only the person in front of me stop, everyone is. I glance to Reina, she’s in a stun look. I look over to where she was looking, I immediately recognize the center person.

It’s her! She’s the one inside Reina’s wallet. She’s the one in the picture with Reina. But I think Reina takes the picture out from her wallet already, I got a feeling that she must have notice that I’m curious about the other girl. Don’t tell me she is the 1st Manager that Teruo was talking about!

I glance back to Reina, she look so angry. It’s the first time I see her with a angry face. “Hi Everybody, Looks like we are going to compete with each other during the Beauty and Health Convention.”

“Goto-san, How nice of you to come by.”
“Hi, Takahashi-san. So, you are going to be in charge for your department?”
“Oh no, Tanaka-san is going to be in charge.”
“Oh! Looks like I have to change my strategies of winning the competitions.” She glance to Reina and smile.

She make a step forward and lean forward to Reina’s right ear and whisper something to her. Reina make a sudden move and stare at her. She grinded her teeth and said something which the rest of us can’t hear. Then I notice that Goto-san is looking at me and smile. I not sure what to react, I just make a small smile back to her as a way of polite.

“So, I guess its time for me to go and think of a new strategy.” She smile and walk off. Everyone start to mumble within each other, I myself can’t make out what everyone is saying and I don’t understand what had just happen.

“Ok everyone, get back to work now.” Takahashi-san said.
As I walk to my seat, I start to wonder why Goto-san looked at me and smile. What did she whisper to Reina? Curiosity questions keep repeating in my mind, how am I going to concentrate in my work. I’m going to ask her about it, or should I not?

Offline momosu_1

• TanaKamei ^_^ TakaGaki
Re: My Fanfic [Currently: More Than 8 Hours Chapter 5; Update on 21st Aug]
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 04:27:56 AM »
so...it's Goto-san  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It’s her… her again… I wish this convention is not going to happen, but it does happen every single year. I don’t wish to see her.
hmm...seems like Reina really hate her...like Reina had crush on her

“EH!! USO!!!!”

Wow, Niigaki’s reaction is 100% hyper.
reaction queen *lol* :rofl:

She make a step forward and lean forward to Reina’s right ear and whisper something to her. Reina make a sudden move and stare at her. She grinded her teeth and said something which the rest of us can’t hear. Then I notice that Goto-san is looking at me and smile.
ehhhhhh????What did she whisper to Reina?
ask Reina!!ne Kamei,maybe u should go and ask her :O   hope so..hehe

now..i'm curious
anyway,Good Job and ganbare!!Kinbari
looking forward for the next chapter
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:30:11 AM by momosu_1 »
"A Turtle Just For KAMEI"

TanaKamei ^_^ TakaGaki
Morning Musume ikimasshoi!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 05:01:45 AM »
“So, who is in charge of the Health product section?”

“Reina”

A hand wave in front of me.

“Ah… Gomen… Let’s go. The lift is here.”

“Tanaka-san, I’m going to put you in charge of this project.”

“Huh!!”

“But…”

“No more buts. You know her earlier than anyone of us here, you are the most suitable to take up the challenge.
Hmmmm...is the Health product section run by the mystery girl in Reina's wallet picture? If so, it sounds like they didn't exactly part on good terms.

“……….Today’s meeting is about Beauty and Health Convention………..”

I started to wander off again, thinking what I should eat at lunch break. Maybe I should eat Ramen……

“…….Hawaii.”

“EH!! USO!!” I looked to where that voice comes from, from Gaki-san. Wow.

Wait a minute, did I hear wrongly? Did I hear Hawaii?
Oh Eri, so cute when you're spacing out.  And we can always count on Risa for the lovable reaction. :lol:

Takahashi-san releases us, we step out of the meeting room and ready to get to our work. When we are about to walk back to my table, I accidently bang to the person in front of me. “Itai!”

I’m about to scold the person in front who just stopped in front of me. But then not only the person in front of me stop, everyone is. I glance to Reina, she’s in a stun look. I look over to where she was looking, I immediately recognize the center person.

It’s her! She’s the one inside Reina’s wallet. She’s the one in the picture with Reina. But I think Reina takes the picture out from her wallet already, I got a feeling that she must have notice that I’m curious about the other girl. Don’t tell me she is the 1st Manager that Teruo was talking about!

I glance back to Reina, she look so angry. It’s the first time I see her with a angry face. “Hi Everybody, Looks like we are going to compete with each other during the Beauty and Health Convention.”

YABAI!!!  It's Maki!!!  :o

“Hi, Takahashi-san. So, you are going to be in charge for your department?”
“Oh no, Tanaka-san is going to be in charge.”
“Oh! Looks like I have to change my strategies of winning the competitions.” She glance to Reina and smile.
By the sounds of it, it was probably no secret to their co-workers that Reina and Maki have some type of history together. Makes me even more curious about what exactly happened between the two of them.

She make a step forward and lean forward to Reina’s right ear and whisper something to her. Reina make a sudden move and stare at her. She grinded her teeth and said something which the rest of us can’t hear. Then I notice that Goto-san is looking at me and smile. I not sure what to react, I just make a small smile back to her as a way of polite.
Hmmm...Maki already trying some psychological tricks to throw Reina off her game? Or maybe she's noticed something that Reina hasn't yet? :O

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 05:25:10 AM »
Now we're getting somewhere!!! :lol: It was Gocchin in the pic!! I bet they used to date!!!! :inlove: But now, they are kind of like enemies maybe? This oughta be good!! We all know Reina is competitive as hell and well, I guess Gocchin is too.
Now I'm excited!! XD

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 05:45:18 AM »
EEEEHHHHH? Maki's the girl in the pic?!?

Man, that's going to be hard to Reina.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - Suzy Q