JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Yi Ge

Author Topic: A Young Girl's Odyssey [Epilogue ~COMPLETE~]  (Read 53862 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: A Young Girl's Odyssey [Epilogue ~COMPLETE~]
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2007, 05:47:46 AM »
Wait...OTN1's a "she"??? :OMG:

* JFC faints

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I belong to a religion called Yossy-ism
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »
Uuummmm...yeah? I thought so too from her writing style. Why JFC you got fooled?  :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »
^ Well, I kept saying "dude" and she never said "ummm...I'm a girl". If she did I either missed it or totally forgot it. :on lol:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2007, 07:14:02 PM »
Lol she's just kinda err... spastic. XD It seems a lot of people get to thinking the same as you do though...

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »
 :lol: :lol: Well.....I dunno, I mean I said 'dude' all the time to my girl friends and they've said the same to me and I don't react at all. I'll react more if they suddenly change it to 'dudette' I guess...oh I dunno!  :on lol:

I'm still on Chapter 10 with CotD. I've been slow reading that, prolly cuz of the way the Chapters are put. *Looks accusingly at rokun*  :grin: The search of next chapter def. chips away the efficient time it needed to finish the story quick.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:48:10 PM by g4rfield »

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2007, 11:25:45 AM »
Lol she's just kinda err... spastic. XD
Out of all the words out there to describe me, you use "spastic"?  :lol:

(Is it just me, or is this not a weird topic of conversation for Rokun's story?  I don't know what possessed me to click on the last page of the thread since I haven't read through the whole thing yet.  I guess I just had a premonition.)

Carry on...

An edit: Please excuse my lack of manners.  Thank you, Rokun, for the kind words.  We do seem to be 2 peas in a pod.  Er, or at least 2 peas in an I-love-portrayal-of-character pod.

And by the way, to avoid any confusion, Rokun's a GUY.  Hahaha!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:34:05 AM by OTN1 »

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »
Out of all the words out there to describe me, you use "spastic"?  :lol:
LoL of course there are many, many, many words to describe you, dear. That's just something I thought fit that occasion. :lol: And wow! I wondered about you browsing around here while this conversation was going on, but I never thought you'd actually click on this story either. :lol: Glad to see you're still alive 'n' kickin'...

Maybe I should bug you with another email. :P

And hey, any more face time for my story is good as far as I'm concerned... :) Although I do feel I'm taking up a lot of space right now. >.> Well, maybe it'll give a little disruption to the flow of GAM. ;)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »
NO....WAY! :o

[bgcolor=#000000]Kidding. THAT I actually knew already. =P[/bgcolor]

Offline g4rfield

• Yocchan is my chan~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2007, 04:29:14 PM »

Actually....if I didn't do a certain snooping around recently I would be surprised too.  :grin:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
Wait...OTN1's a "she"??? :OMG:
Uuummmm...yeah? I thought so too from her writing style. Why JFC you got fooled?  :lol:

I gotta out myself and confess that I too thought OTN was a guy! And my sad excuse is: I live the life of a hermit (even on the internets) and I lack any knowledge of the human nature!  XD

But what I actually wanted to say: Thank you rokun for this awesome fic! Loved it from start to end. Though, like someone mentioned before, a few paragraphs here and there would have increased the readability 100% ^^

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2007, 05:50:45 PM »
Lol I think this is the most attention this thread has ever gotten. Why am I not surprised it comes at a time when the talk involves OTN? :lol:

Sorry if I unveiled a big secret of your gender by the way ;), but I really didn't even think about using those pronouns when I was just talking about your writing and even recommending you! (not that you need the publicity I think... *cough* not that my references are a whole lot of publicity in the first place, lol) It seems that so many people I know well online want to keep silly things like that hidden that it's hard for me to keep it straight and not slip up. :P Personally I don't care lol, although I did play an online game for a long time in which everybody thought I was a girl the whole time... >.> I guess it's just too natural for me to use generic pronouns if I know the sex of the person I'm talking about. :P Ok *clears throat* didn't need to write an essay about that... haha. Although, I actually did one time if I remember right... Me and my social studies. :roll:

But what I actually wanted to say: Thank you rokun for this awesome fic! Loved it from start to end. Though, like someone mentioned before, a few paragraphs here and there would have increased the readability 100% ^^
Hey coachie! Glad to hear from someone else who's read something of mine. :) Although I think I saw you post in some story of mine at some point, didn't you? I had a question though to your comment to help me improve my writing... What do you mean by "a few paragraphs here and there"? I try to make complete paragraphs as much as possible, although I claim to be no expert of doing so, but sometimes especially in dialogue-heavy parts there end up being a lot of short ones. I guess I've just always been a proponent of a separate new paragraph each time the speaker changes (that's how I was taught in grammer skewl! at least I think... it's been way too many years now, lol). Was that what you meant? Or did you mean something else that I'm not getting?  :lol: Thanks again

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2007, 08:22:27 PM »
You remember me? ^^
I commented on this story before, but that was way back at the beginning I think, sorry I'm such a lazy ass.

Now that I read it again, what I wrote earlier doesn't make much sense at all, I'm sorry.
What I meant was, that you should try to divide some paragraphs into smaller ones, some were really long and therefore hard to read for the eyes.
While I have no problem reading long paragraphs in books it's something different on a pc screen.
This is just my personal perception though, others may disagree.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:30:01 PM by coachie »

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2007, 12:59:18 AM »
You remember me? ^^
I commented on this story before, but that was way back at the beginning I think, sorry I'm such a lazy ass.

Now that I read it again, what I wrote earlier doesn't make much sense at all, I'm sorry.
What I meant was, that you should try to divide some paragraphs into smaller ones, some were really long and therefore hard to read for the eyes.
While I have no problem reading long paragraphs in books it's something different on a pc screen.
This is just my personal perception though, others may disagree.

Yep! I remember those that post comments to my stories. ^_^ Especially those who have cute names that end in "ie" or "y"... lol, ok that's too much obscure facts like that about me, lol.

Anyway! Yes! I understand you muuuch better now! :D I've never really thought of it that way - less paragraphs, but you're right. I guess I still think as if I'm writing novels on paper and people aren't reading them on small screens like the one I'm typing on right now :P (14-inch widescreen laptop...). I should get the idea from the fact that I use 16-point font for typing my stories up, lol. jphip isn't quite in 16-point. >.> I'm also always chopping up people's stories if they write them in like one big long paragraph or something, and usually I'm putting effort into getting paragraphs long enough lol... so it might not be hard to split em up. ^^ I'll think about it... though I imagine it'd be hard getting into the habit.

Thanks again for your comment. :D I don't hear criticism often, but it's very helpful! lol.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2007, 05:52:14 AM »
Bump! I swear I didn't forget about this story! Sorry for not keeping up with it, but I finally finished reading and I have to say, wow. So many turns and jerks, but I was most surprised at the ReinaxSayu there at the end. Then again, you did kinda seem to start setting that up at the beginning, so maybe I should have expected it. I really enjoyed watching Reina's maturity blossom. Now I have to get back to Berry Beautiful and start that from the beginning again. Or... *yawns**checks watch**grimaces* Maybe tomorrow.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
Hey there! I thought it impolite not to respond to such a gracious comment, so I wanted to make sure and do so before the thread got lost. :)

Thank you for reading! I'm surprised people are still going through this story. I really tried to have Reina develop as the story went on, and I'm so glad it came across well to so many people, and people loved her so much. :) :heart: Reina :heart: forever!

Yes, I think I'm satisfied with what I did with Reina in this story after following up CotD. :)

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »
Wow. :pen_cry: The last chapter made my cry soooo much! X')♥ :pen_whirl: When i started reading this fic i considered giving up reading this a few times coz i tought it wasn't very interesting nor entertaining enough but it just somehow forced me to read it more and more and then it just swallowed me XDD I liked this fic very much! Yay! :twothumbs :pen_whirl::pen_whirl::pen_whirl:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2009, 03:01:20 AM »
This is a great fic. I can see why it's nominated this year. It is nominated right? lol It's very well written and has a great story line. It drew me in. Each chapter kept me hooked.  :twothumbs

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2009, 05:44:08 AM »
Hey! Lol, thank you both for your comments. :D I suppose with the awards and everything people will be reading the stories that were nominated huh... Well, if those of you who haven't yet read all the way through this... you definitely have my gratitude and respect. XD This is still what I regard as my best story, and in a way I feel pretty complete if I'd have just written this and nothing else... though of course I am writing other things. ;)

Oh, and Fushigidane, I'm sorry you thought the beginning of the fic was a bit boring. ^^; I suppose that was probably the time before I had a complete idea of the plot and where I was going with it lol. Anyway, just wanted to make sure and post to thank you guys for reading and commenting, even though this was finished a long time ago. :)

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2009, 06:24:08 PM »
That was entertaining to read, spent three sittings to have read it all and my eyes are now complaining but it's worth it

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2009, 09:15:17 AM »
Wow. This has got to be the most intense fanfic I've read so far. I can say that I've quite a lot, and most of them involved either 'happily ever after's or 'separated by disease/other unstoppable events' endings, but nothing like a secret organisation! I was actually thrown off a little at the start with all the mysteries surrounding Miki's 'death', especially as Ai-chan was acting all shifty and I found Reina's relationship (if we can call it that) with Eri a little strange. But as the story progressed and Ai-chan's secret identity was revealed and Reina got more involved, I thought I could see where it was heading, and even after the Chairman was brought down the way you continued on made me think there was something more waiting at the end. It was sad how Ai-chan was changed by her involvement in the Council, but glad that she came through in the end, though she had to lose so much in the process  :cry:

Definitely didn't see the SayuRena ending coming, I was kinda hoping to see TanaKame make up and pursue a genuine relationship, or RenAi patch up their differences after bringing Ai-chan back from the darkness that was eating her up. It wouldn't have surprised me if Ai-chan had died, but that wouldn't have made her much different from the Chairman she brought down, no matter how much regret she showed in the end. At least she gets the chance to start anew if she's alive, and aware of what she has come through. A bittersweet ending for Ai-chan, and I don't exactly feel like it was a completely happy ending for Reina either, like she has seen too much from her experience in the Council? A gripping start to the story, I felt the secretive side of the story with RenAi getting involved in the plot with their coup started to take over a little too much, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was a refreshing topic to have a fanfic written about. Hope to see more of your work in the future.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Yi Ge