JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fra-foa - Aojiroi Tsuki

Author Topic: The official KPop fan introduction thread!  (Read 75936 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The official KPop fan introduction thread!
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:05:40 AM »
Introduce yourself to other fans here!

Lost at words? Fill in the survey!

Name/nickname:
When/how did you become a KPop fan:
Favourite KPop song(s):
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s):
Reason why you like KPop:

Feel free to tell us more about yourself, too. :)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The official KPop fan introduction thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
Name/nickname: SW
When/how did you become a KPop fan: Two days ago when I saw the pv for "Kara - Lupin"
Favourite KPop song(s): Kara - Lupin
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): Hara from Kara  :drool:
Reason why you like KPop: At the moment I'm only in it for the legs and asses  :lol:

I haven't heard that many groups/artists yet so hopefully I can expand this post in the future. That Youhna seems be making music that's much more my style.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:47:13 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:56:44 AM »
^ dude lol Lupin can call anyone to the KPOP side XD

Name/nickname: Kayla
When/how did you become a KPop fan: Late 2007 with Suju and SNSD bringing me in ;P
Favourite KPop song(s): ITNW - SNSD, Loner - Outsider, Fan - Epik High, the list goes on and on
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): SNSD is my main but I listen/like every group. Doesn't necessarily mean I know each name though lol
Reason why you like KPop: I have no earthly idea why lol I just do. Maybe it's the pop feel or the soothing voices, the fact that it's in another language? But yea love it anyways

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »
Name/nickname: lollipopgirl/Pops/lolli
When/how did you become a KPop fan: 2007 when WG released Tell Me. I was originally scared of them coz of the dance, but I would listen to their album on repeat for hours, as long as I didn't have to see the scary dance!  XD
Favourite KPop song(s): Change way too much
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): Wonder Girls, SNSD, KARA, Big Bang, 2pm, SHINee, & to save space, pretty much any girl group :P
Reason why you like KPop: Sooo many hot girls & guys!!! Honestly though, I'm first & foremost here for the music, which caters to sooo much of what I have always liked! The hottest is a bonus that helps though ;) I even find Kpop so much more accessible than Western music, it just all fits to me :heart:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 08:09:18 PM »
Name/nickname: Kurosawa87 or Kuro
When/how did you become a KPop fan: Kuno_Thunder sent me the vid to "Chocolate Love" and instantly became hooked although I didn't admit to it until later :D
Favourite KPop song(s): Gee
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): SNSD and WonderGirls
Reason why you like KPop: It is like how I liked J-pop, catchy tunes without the knowing the lyrics XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 08:17:58 PM »
Name/nickname: Naomi
When/how did you become a KPop fan: To be honest, I'm really not a fan of K-pop, only a select few artists. XD But I started getting into some K-pop groups in about summer 2007 with SNSD, but didn't pay attention to other K-pop groups until about 2008/2009.
Favourite KPop song(s): Atlantis Princess (BoA), Destiny (SNSD), Let It Go (KARA), I Won't Give (4minute), Love Like This (SS501). Most SNSD/KARA/4minute songs, really. :3
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): BoA, So Nyuh Shi Dae, KARA, 4minute, SS501
Reason why you like KPop: Good songs. I'm more of a J-pop fan, but there are several things I prefer about K-pop. What I like is that they put so much effort into their performances. There's so many different outfits and themes. There's a lot of different collaborations, too, like having a group perform another group's song or having two different groups perform something together. Or even having various boyband members singing songs like So Hot. XD And I like that a lot of the artists tend to be better singers/dancers than most J-pop acts. They just seem to put more effort into these things.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:21:02 PM by Naomi »

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 04:05:07 AM »
Name/nickname: Vee, Ban, °e
When/how did you become a KPop fan: Got my first taste of it in the early 00's but fully got into it in 2006 when I discovered DBSK and Shinhwa. I was looking for some guy groups to get into because jpop guy groups not cute. :lol:
Favourite KPop song(s): T-ara's Absolute First Album and every big kpop single that came out in the last few years
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): T-ara!! and every girl group that came out in the last few years
Reason why you like KPop: their idol pop is better than jpop's (of course, the only idol jpop I listen to is H!P anyway but I love other J-music) and as Naomi mentioned there's a lot of effort put into their songs and performances that's a bit lacking in jpop. Also, I like the interaction between groups whether from different companies or gender. There isn't any rivalries and everyone gets along. And I love seeing groups/members on variety shows where their personalities really shine.

Yay, a Kpop section at JPHIP!  :twothumbs

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 07:27:59 AM »
Name/nickname: Kimuuu/Kim
When/how did you become a KPop fan: I really started seeking out more KPOP when I first heard Wrong/Lost Number by Big Bang off of my bro's iPod.  That song sounded so epic and cool to me.
Favourite KPop song(s): Not sure if I have an all time fave, but current faves would be Bo Peep (T-ara), Easy to You / Man Man Ni whatever (U-KISS), Talk To Me (U-KISS), Tasty Love (KARA), Like the First Time (T-ara). XD I'm gonna stop there cuz more songs keep popping up and I'd end up listing damn near everything by everyone.
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): Big Bang, f(x), 2NE1, SNSD, KARA, T-ara, 2PM, U-KISS
Reason why you like KPop:  Catchy danceable songs.  And the artists are HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.  I also agree with Naomi, that it's so awesome to see the different collabos and covers.  Wonder Boys FTW. XD

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 10:36:38 PM »
Name/nickname: tenkei
When/how did you become a KPop fan: I'm only a casual fan, not really all into it as much as most of the members are becoming, so just liked random songs here and there. Don't really keep up with a lot of stuff, just hear thing here and there
Favourite KPop song(s): various
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): 2NE1, Lee Hyori, BIG BANG, Clazziquai, indie bands
Reason why you like KPop: like I said, just a casual fan, I get down with anything that sounds good to me o/

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline sayahchan

• I disapear from time to time, only to return in a blaze!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ava made by moi ask me for anymore.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 03:15:41 AM »

Name/nickname:Sayah
When/how did you become a KPop fan: Um, I heard some kpop back in the day, but i wasnt so into it. and then I heard Odango play some awesome kpop on her show and I was hooked.
Favourite KPop song(s): Abracadabra, Fire, Muzik, Change, lol so many lol it changes quiet often I like about 90% of what I hear.
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): oh GOD. lol 2NE1, F(x), SNSD, KARA, BEG, Big Bang, Shinee, SUJU, BADA, Hyo lee.. I honestly I love most every artist I have come in contact with.
Reason why you like KPop: Because the music is good. I mean there isnt much more than the fact that, they mix, hip hop and pop very well... and its just a great combo, and the voices are mostly <3

Avatar and sig made by Kawaii Beam

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 04:36:07 AM »
Name/nickname: Ping
When/how did you become a KPop fan: 2001, Became a fan of Fin.K.L lookin at Lee Hyori and Sung Yuri pics.
Favourite KPop song(s): A lot, be prepared... Ordered semi-chronologically by debut
Turbo - Black Cat, Tonight
S.E.S - U
Fin.K.L - Forever Love, Now
Baby V.O.X - Get Up, Why, Affection
Lee Jung Hyun - Crazy, Summer Dance
Jang Nara - Sweet Dream
Park Ji Yoon - Adult Ceremony
K.I.S.S - Because I'm a Girl
BoA - ID; Peace B, No.1, Amazing Kiss, My Name
Bi - Escaping the Sun, It's Raining
Fly to the Sky - Missing You
Lexy - Let Me Dance (Feat. Teddy), Novice (Feat. PSY)
Dong Bang Shin Ki - My Little Princess, Triangle (Feat. BoA & The Trax)
Brown Eyed Girls - My Style, Abracadabra
SeeYa - Shoes, Let's Get Married
Big Bang - Last Farewell
Wonder Girls - So Hot, Ee Babo, Kajoga
Kara - Rock U, Honey, Lupin
Girls' Generation - Gee
Kim Tae Woo - Love Rain/Snow
Davichi - 8282
IU - Marshmallow
After School - Because of You
2NE1 - I Don't Care
Favourite KPop artist(s)/group(s): By Time...
(2001-2004)
Male: Kangta, Female: Jang Nara, Boy Group: Shinhwa, Girl Group: Fin.K.L
(2004-2006)
Male: Lee Minwoo, Female: Lee Hyori, Boy Group: DBSK, Girl Group: Sugar
(2006-2008)
Male: Sung Si Kyung, Female: Bae Seul Ki, Boy Group: SG Wannabe, Girl Group: SeeYa
(Present)
Male: Kim Tae Woo, Female: IU, Boy Group: 2AM, Girl Group: Wonder Girls

Of course I still love all my past favorites, but these are my tops atm..  :nervous

Reason why you like KPop: Watching a music industry grow and change almost every year is really interesting, not to mention they way the media handles the idols, i.e., perfs, variety shows, cms, etc. Also, it's become really catchy these days!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:55:15 AM by Ping »

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 05:05:07 AM »
Name/nickname: Sev Schlongtong
When/how did you become a KPop fan: The girls look slutty + BoA
Favourite KPop song(s): They sing?
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): Kitten (SeoHyun), The rest of SNSD, Hyori Lee, After School, BoA, KARA, Son Dambi, 4Minute, 2NE1, Big Bang, Kim Jong Kook + More.
Reason why you like KPop: Coz the KPop girls make my penis so hard I usually have to look away. The music is kinda catchy too. But mostly it's coz I have crazy fantasies about tapping all them slutty korean girls. Like shit, you have no idea what i could do with their asses. :fap
[/url]

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 05:21:50 AM »
Name/nickname: thatonezombie/toz
When/how did you become a KPop fan: Became a fan because of my brother bumping that shit when we were younger
Favourite KPop song(s): Kiss Me, Ghost, Requiem, ID; Peace B to name a few
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): BoA, J, S.E.S., SNSD, Kara to name a few
Reason why you like KPop: I like the music. What other reason is there?  :?
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 05:26:29 AM »
lol semi-chronologically

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 08:07:14 AM »
lol Sev. Tell it how it is.

Name/nickname: boykun
When/how did you become a KPop fan: Not much of a fan but I was into Kpop before Jpop, circa 2003 or so, as influenced by people. Also BoA, and looking at Fin.K.L but not actually knowing any of their songs.
Favourite KPop song(s): BoA - No.1, Milky Way; S.E.S - Dreams Come True; probably others
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): BoA, Kara, Humming Urban Stereo, Clazziquai, Casker
Reason why you like KPop: I like older Kpop. Present Kpop is catchy and whatnot, but its just not the same. Now mostly for hawt bitches awww yeahh.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
Didn't you read Sev's post above you? XD

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »
Name/nickname: limit
When/how did you become a KPop fan: I was a fan back in the later years of Baby VOX but Morning Musume kinda forced that part of me to stay dormant till the middle of 09
Favourite KPop song(s):
KARA - Lupin, Mister, Tasty Love
T-ara - Bo Peep Bo Peep, Bye Bye, Wanna Play?, I'm Really Hurt
After School - Because of You, AMOLED (w/ Son Dambi)
SNSD - Gee, Genie, Oh!
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): KARA, T-ara, After School, SNSD
Reason why you like KPop:
Watching a music industry grow and change almost every year is really interesting, not to mention they way the media handles the idols, i.e., perfs, variety shows, cms, etc. Also, it's become really catchy these days!
Also a big thing is the interactivity between all the groups, male and female. Idol Army? Invincible Youth? Season 2 of Family Outing? All the Special Stages of groups covering other groups songs or having select members of each group to perform? All of this is a bit uncommon but still common enough for me to keep me happy...and more so than the jpop side, IMO.

Aside from being in the same building, would we ever see Morning Musume collaborate with AKB48 in anyway? I highly doubt it. The closest thing we can get is mflo loves ____.

And it's considerably cheaper to support a kpop group as opposed to MM.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »
Didn't you read Sev's post above you? XD

All the stuff Sev said is a bonus  :lol:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline [R-748]

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »
Name/nickname: Ran/[R-748]
When/how did you become a KPop fan: been a BoA fan mostly.. until SNSD and WG grabbed my attention..
Favourite KPop song(s): exploring KPop-dom.. XD at the moment SNSD's Oh!
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): BoA, SNSD, WG.. listening to KARA too lately..
Reason why you like KPop: i like the songs.. specially the girls.. :D they have nice and catchy songs..

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 10:48:45 PM »
Name/nickname: SHURA
When/how did you become a KPop fan: not a big fan but watching Koyote videos and listening jphip radio
Favourite KPop song(s): Gee, Lupin, Abracadabra, Despair, Soon Jung, TRI-ANGLE
Favourite KPop artist(s) / group(s): KOYOTE, Clazziquai, SNSD, Humming Urban Stereo
Reason why you like KPop: Kuno and Odango pimpin the shibal on radio... but i was a Koyote fan already
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:40:41 PM by shurastriker »

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fra-foa - Aojiroi Tsuki