JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Boukan

Author Topic: 私のアホ家族(My Stupid Family)[24/6 - Chapter 25: A Series of Unfortunate Events]  (Read 93678 times)

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
Ah... this story is making me want Sayu to be the mystery parent more and more. D: Even though I was on the TakaGaki side in the beginning. I want her to fulfil her SOCUTEMUSTHAVE feelings. Though I dread the resulting NO WONDER SHE'S SO CUTE, SHE'S PART ME! that would come out of that.

Ai was totally Sayu's senpai in idol school. You know, she was that one who was voted most likely to succeed as super duper singer/idol/actress and adored by her underclassmen but ultimately disappoints them so they resent her for it.... OR SOMETHING.

I WANT TO SEE MIZUKI!

Also, as much as I love Miki, I don't want her as a member of PLAY I want her as Eri's skin doctor because that would give her lots of excuses to molest her. I like the idea of a TanaShige band... in fact, their new ship name should be PLAY because I like the implications. :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
For the first time in her life, Riho felt like being young was not such a good thing after all.
Paperwork. Bleh. I still let my Mama handle that crap. *Looks at taxes* Then again, I probably couldn't pay her to do these this year. XD

This was about her daughter. Ai was not going to be some kind of wilting flower or a doormat.
:wub: :wub: Strong Ai...

Riho had fallen asleep in her lap about midway through the negotiations.
Daww~! :wub:

And her thoughts exploded into a kaleidescopic whirlpool of joy.
Sayu. :lol:

"But Mama, Michishige-san is already coming over..."
Not going to end well. :P

How a 26-going-on-27 year old woman could prance and pull it off was completely beyond the 30-in-6-months Ai, but she was pretty sure that running right now would be a tad too late. Not to mention deadly suspicious.
First of all, feeling her age much? Second, I had an image of Ai fleeing in the same way Prince Gaki runs away from discussing the ball in Cinderella. :lol:

Ai wanted to cry. She wasn't sure why.
Why is this so funny? :lol:

"It's been a while, Sayu."
Let's do this. 8)

Sorry for my late reply. I just got Dragon Age II, baby! It's as awesome as advertised and I totally dig the Qunari overhaul. You must get it, too~! :inlove: Okay, I'll stop. XD

On another note, grac continues to crack me up. :lol:

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
Well, I guess that Ai has known PLAY personally.
But I want to know more :(
So I'll wait for the next chap :twothumbs

P.S. Riho's kitten expression is so cute :wub:

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Poor Riho and her battles with the paperwork  :doh:

Hmm  too think that paerhaps Ai may know PLAY quite personally, well I suppose we shall see......

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
mmsuki: Great, everyone is thinking of grac's horrible speculations. This is bad. Whatever shall I do??? XD
until you actually reveal it on the story.. those speculations is stuck with me.. :banghead: :sweatdrop:

Unfaithful

Though legalese alone do not an adult maketh,
it took me a couple of seconds before i could read further as i was laughing so hard..  :rofl: *remembers what i said in the other thread* :nervous

"Riho-chan, do you want to see Reina too? I noticed you put PLAY as your favourite group on your info sheet, and since you've already met me..."
Sayu is so conniving.. :twisted: just what exactly is she plotting..  :?

hmmmm.. can't wait for the revelation(s).. :grin: :twothumbs

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
*rubs eyes* Tired. But back! With comment replies!

eruchan: Yes, Ai does know them, but how? We'll find out. Eventually. XD And yes, Sayu does seem a little hostile, doesn't she? XD We'll see how that turns out~

aussie: I like your theories. I can't really say much without spoiling stuff, so yup. XD Ai didn't want to meet PLAY at all, but well, a bit too late for that. XD

kawaii: Sayu makes this story fun. XD I love writing her in general. And it's normal to have questions, it's an Essy story! :lol:

mode107: Interesting theory. XD

rokun: I love my references to reality. :P Well you get to see the Reina/Riho meeting here, I hope it doesn't disappoint you, because you know, I've been kinda out of it for the past couple of weeks. Not at my best here...

shenlog: I love my cliffhangers. :P And welcome aboard! Hope to see you around. :D

drac: Block quoting! XD And yes, important paperwork has that effect on people. That's why we have lawyers. They create a need for them. >_> And I love your speculations. :P Despite the strange mental images they evoke at times. :lol: Figures you start counting the ages... :P Well until you cough up the bride price, Sayu will remain very much single and out of reach. :P

dark-atrox: AiSayu past should be fun. When I get there. :P Lol you still on the Gaki-papa bandwagon? XD At least someone else already jumped ship...

Kuji: Hi, person-who-jumped-ship! XD I hope your presentation goes well. Somehow the idea of Sayu fulfilling her SOCUTEMUSTHAVE feelings is, well, it could go either way. The perverted grac way, or the I AM YOUR FATHER way. Or I could somehow combine the two, and doom us all to hell for writing/reading it. XD I like your ideas. I'll think about them. :P And don't make me write TanaShige, find another shipper who will. :P

rndy: I hate paperwork too. XD The whole AiSayu debacle is just hilarious. And no problem about late replies, hell, this update took some time! I haven't got DA2 yet, probably not anytime soon. I need a new job haha, before I get it. And yes, grac continues to crack me up too. XD

Shiawase_Honoo: Yeah, it does seem like Ai knows PLAY personally. XD And yes, Riho is much love. :heart:

oddball: Yup, taking things one step at a time~ Hurhur. *is ebil author*

mmsuki: Yes, I wrote it that way for a reason. I'm glad you appreciate the humor. XD Sayu is conniving, and I love her for it. :wub:

Alright, time to edit and post. I'm not completely satisfied with the chapter, but my head's been kinda off for a while, and it was hard to write. Fingers crossed!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Connect

Tanaka Reina was annoyed.

The folder she had brought into the meeting lay where she had tossed it upon entering the room, halfway across the low coffee table in front of her. It had only been brought to a stop after hitting the basket of flowers in the middle, sending the floral arrangement into disarray.

Reina was not quite sulking as she stared balefully through her sunglasses. She was fuming, which was a step down from utterly furious. Her temper had not improved with age; it had only become more focused, more intense. She might be less likely to throw a tantrum now, but she definitely knew how to hold a grudge.

If strangling her long-time partner were an option now, Reina might have taken it. While she got along just fine with Sayu most days, there were times when she would have gleefully stabbed the woman using the shards of her own mirror.

The meeting earlier had truly tested her patience. Reina knew Sayu meant well when she suggested that she took a break, but Reina could not help but feel incredibly offended nonetheless. Yes, PLAY was on hiatus, but they still had their own activities.

Well, Sayu was the more busy of the two, given that she was a regular on many shows. Reina had fewer appearances compared to the evil bunny, but she had never begrudged Sayu that attention. After all, everyone knew who the real talent behind PLAY was. Reina knew she was the vocal backbone of their group, and Eri had been right there beside her. Sayu was pretty much the third wheel talent-wise, but she did bring a vivacious personality with her into the mix.

Other than that though, Reina didn't get it. Why was Sayu doing better than she was now that PLAY was on a break? It kinda pissed her off. PLAY was her baby, in a sense. She had asked Sayu to tag along out of family feeling, but she was regretting that right now.

Not many people knew Tanaka Reina and Michishige Sayumi were actually related, and Reina preferred to keep it that way. They were only second cousins, and would never have reconnected had Reina not transferred to a different junior high school back then.

While revealing the connection might be good PR now, it certainly wouldn't really have been beneficial back then. Not that Reina was interested in acknowledging her narcissistic cousin in public any time soon, at least not until she got over the whole being angry thing.

A flicker of movement caught her eye, and the cat-like (former) idol jerked sharply. Did the handle of the door move? But the door was not being opened. Reina prided herself on having keen senses. She knew she had seen something.

Then again, she was in the higher floors of the building, and unless a stalker miraculously made their way past security at the bottom, she doubted anyone with ulterior motives would be lurking out there. Unless she was getting punk'd, which would be a refreshing change. Either way, it would not be life-threatening, so she relaxed.

A moment later, the door did creak open. Hesitantly. Reina raised an eyebrow. Sayu would not do that. Neither would her manager. Maybe one of the juniors, but they didn't necessarily know that she was in here, so there was no reason for the excessive caution.

A tiny head, followed by an equally tiny figure, slipped in with a hushed "shitsureshimasu". Reina did not move, confident that her studying gaze was being hidden behind her huge shades. The stranger was...small. Smaller than her. That was rare.

Then again, the girl was a kid. Just another brat. Reina mentally dismissed the entry. Probably just another newbie. She could barely keep track of all the brats running around the building like they owned the place. If she recognized the irony of that thought, she chose not to acknowledge it.

The kid was not going away. Reina noticed this a few minutes later after glancing up from her phone. She had pulled it out to distract herself earlier. Granted, this was not exactly a private lounge. Anyone from staff to artistes could use this area. Still, having the kid primly take a seat directly across from her and then do nothing in eerie silence was somehow unsettling.

That and the kid was watching her. Reina could feel it. It wasn't obvious, she had to give the brat some credit. With her hands folded neatly on her lap, the kid looked like the perfect little girl. She did not look lost either, so Reina couldn't just send her away on the pretext of 'helping' her to find her way.

"Was there something?" Reina asked testily, finally breaking the enforced silence after another few awkward minutes. The kid, to her credit, did not visibly flinch. Most newbies were a lot jumpier around her. Reina wondered why. She didn't bite...much.

The girl did not quite leap to her feet, but she got up pretty fast. Bowing at the precisely correct angle, the girl looked straight at her (but not in the eye, that would be rude -- assuming she could have seen her eyes through the shades) and spoke.

"It's an honour to finally meet you, Tanaka-san." She did not fawn. She did not sound like she was going to faint. Every word came out precisely, almost rehearsed, but not quite. There was a ring of sincerity to them, so they did not sound false. It was deferent and it was respectful.

In short, it did not ruffle Reina's feathers. She leaned back into her seat, barely raising her head to acknowledge the greeting.

"I am new to the business and I hope to be able to learn from you in the future, Tanaka-san." Another small bow. Reina barely nodded. At least the brat knew her manners. Even if she sounded kind of like a robot. Reina turned her attention back to her phone. The kid wasn't worth her time.

Pause. A tiny hiccup of silence as the runt obviously wondered what else to say. Reina couldn't help the small smirk that curved her lips, but the downward angle of her head kept it from being too obvious. She had to give the kid credit for maintaining her cool and not showing any nervousness. That was promising at least.

"I'll leave you to your work then. Pardon me if I've disturbed you." Another bow. Reina liked how polite she was, but the constant bowing was a little, well, she didn't know what to think. On one hand, she was flattered. On the other, she had the feeling that the kid was prodding her with a figurative ten-foot pole of formality. It left her wondering if she should be annoyed.

Before the kid could vanish entirely though, the door opened again. An all-too-familiar balding head poked into the room, the wire-rimmed glasses slipping down the too-big nose that Reina always had to suppress the urge to press. Repeatedly. Or poke something, preferably sharp and pointy, into.

Don't ask her why. Impulses are hard to explain.

"Ah there you are Tanaka." The slightly pudgy man slipped into the room, his suit immaculate as always. "Moriya-san told me you were still around the area."

"What the hell do you want, old man?" Reina affected a lazy drawl, but she was smiling. Annoying as the man could be at times, she was still quite fond of him. He was her first manager when she started out in the industry, and without his fussy correctness she would have made many missteps early on. Granted, she still made some of them, but he always minimized the damage.

Sasaki Hiro might be a little absent-minded and fussier than a nanny, but he was reliable in a pinch, and one of the few people Reina knew in this line of business who always played fair. She respected him, despite her irreverent manner.

"There was something...ah." He seemed to finally take note of the third person in the room. He glanced back down at his file, then back up, before beaming.

"You must be Takahashi Riho-chan, yes?" He stepped closer to her. "I'm Sasaki Hiro, your soon-to-be manager, of sorts. Well, I just take care of all the new kids, until you're ready to debut."

Riho blinked at him, but managed to reply. "Nice to meet you..."

Sasaki chuckled. "Sorry if I'm a little abrupt, we're supposed to meet at a later date, officially. Not that it really matters either way, but protocol must be observed, as I keep trying to teach a certain person..."

"Sasaki, I'm still here." Reina growled. Riho managed to not giggle, but she had to move her hand to hide her smile. Reina caught the motion and scowled, and the kid quickly put on a blank expression. Despite herself, Reina felt slightly impressed, though she kept the scowl on for good measure.

"Yes Tanaka, as if I could forget." Sasaki was the picture of calm, even when dealing with a bratty Reina back in the day. It is now 10 years since then, but some things never change.

"But it's good that you're both here right now, so it just saves me the trouble of arranging a meeting." Sasaki breezed on as if nothing had stopped him to begin with. He had a remarkable singlemindedness at times.

"Oh?" Reina moved her shades down, peering suspiciously over the rims. She could not imagine why she would need to meet some new kid, unless they had to work together or something. But this brat had not even made her debut yet, so why...

"I was talking it over with Moriya-san earlier, and she agrees with me." He pinned Reina with a firm look. "You need a new challenge Tanaka. You're getting too comfortable."

"What?" To her credit, Reina managed to not sound shrill. The nails of her left hand were digging into the fabric of the sofa. Riho looked on with slight amusement, though she knew better than to let it show.

"You seem a little jaded lately. Moriya-san thinks you need something fresh to work with, and I had the perfect solution." The man looked entirely too pleased. Reina looked like she was going to shred the sofa with her bare hands.

"So I would like to formally introduce you to your new kouhai, Takahashi Riho, who will be shadowing you for a time before she is ready to debut." The normally harmless-seeming man could not have looked more shark-like if he had tried.

"What."

The normally eloquent Reina had no words. Riho, for her part, looked even more boggled than when she had first received her acceptance letter in the mail. There was just the merest hint of terror as she sneaked a peek at the flabbergasted Reina. Both were speechless.

What, indeed.

==============================================================

So I deliberately left the AiSayu talk for another time. XD Can you imagine Sayu's reaction if she found out that Reina got Riho and not her? XD I look forward to that moment. :D

Hurhur. My head hurts. Bedtime!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline mmsuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: 私のアホ家族 (trl: My Stupid Family) [30/3 - Chapter 6: Connect]
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2011, 12:25:39 AM »
...there were times when she would have gleefully stabbed the woman using the shards of her own mirror.
:lol: getting gory there Reina..  XD

Not many people knew Tanaka Reina and Michishige Sayumi were actually related, and Reina preferred to keep it that way. They were only second cousins, and would never have reconnected had Reina not transferred to a different junior high school back then. 
:shocked Ehhhhh?!.. they're related?!..  :O2 i really wanna know what happened in that school..  :nervous

"So I would like to formally introduce you to your new kouhai, Takahashi Riho, who will be shadowing you for a time before she is ready to debut."
:rofl: YES! Reina-Riho interaction in the future!! (hopefully lots of it.. :lol:)
can't wait for Mommy Dear's reaction and the bunny's as well..  :panic:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2011, 04:42:13 AM »
Tanaka Reina was annoyed.
This is more a constant state than an emotion for Reina, I'm already seeing. :lol:

Her temper had not improved with age; it had only become more focused, more intense.
...Kowaii...

If strangling her long-time partner were an option now, Reina might have taken it.
Would pay to see this. XD

there were times when she would have gleefully stabbed the woman using the shards of her own mirror.
Umm, maybe this too. :lol: Brings to mind a psychotically smirking, thought bubble residing Reina stabbing over and over again, while real Reina glares daggers at the bunny across the table, surrounded by managers and staff.

Yes, PLAY was on hiatus,
Because of Eri?

Not many people knew Tanaka Reina and Michishige Sayumi were actually related
..Whu?

Just another brat. Reina mentally dismissed the entry.
Oho, this is gonna end well. :lol: Do not ignore the Riho. There are consequences.

Still, having the kid primly take a seat directly across from her and then do nothing in eerie silence was somehow unsettling.

That and the kid was watching her.
:lol: :lol:

Don't ask her why. Impulses are hard to explain.
QFT XD

"So I would like to formally introduce you to your new kouhai, Takahashi Riho, who will be shadowing you for a time before she is ready to debut."
HAHAHA CAN'T IGNORE HER NOW, CAN YOU??!!  :wahaha: :P

Can you imagine Sayu's reaction if she found out that Reina got Riho and not her?
Strangle taimu? XD :lol:

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2011, 08:02:05 AM »
LOL....well, I could imagine the jealous-look Sayu while looking at Reina and Riho together :lol:
TsundeReina eh?  :P
well, Riho will change that attitude little by little...soon! :twisted:

PS: I like TakaGaki, but unpredictable ebil bunny tugs at my heart XD
So, i want to see Aichan squirm while Sayu tortures her... :twisted:

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2011, 11:20:04 AM »
^

I too am looking forward to the Ebil Bunny/ Ai-chan confrontation, should be, er, intresting!  :lol:

Why do I get the feeling that with Riho, Reina may soon get as good as she gives as our little Riho's true character comes out

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
 :twothumbs :deco: oh my goodness i couldnt stop laughing!

i cant wait for sayu to find out she cant get her riho-chan ^^; XD as well as how reina and riho interact.
of course mama ai's reaction will be just as great X3

sorry for a small comment this time^^; and i cant wait to read more~!
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
It's late (or early XD) and I'm not even tired! Hypomania, hello to you too.

mmsuki: Reina can be pretty violent in her mind,isn't she? XD Yes, Reina and Sayu are related in this story. It's just a minor detail that was handy for a few plot points. XD I'm quite interested in Reina's interaction with Riho too, especially since she wasn't really interested in Riho to begin with. XD

rndy: Reina does seem constantly annoyed, doesn't she? Haha. She has good reason to be at that point though, things aren't exactly smooth sailing for her work-wise. She's frustrated and hence easily annoyed. XD And yes, Reina glaring daggers during a meeting would be a pretty good guess in regards to the meeting that Reina and Sayu walked out of earlier. XD And yes, ignoring Riho has consequences. Bad karma. XD Hm, Sayu strangling Reina. That should be interesting...

dark-atrox: Sayu being jealous is a given, she adores Riho. XD And aww don't be mean to Ai. XD Sayu isn't always that bad...maybe...

oddball: Interesting confrontation? Maybe. We'll see. XD And yes, Reina really doesn't know what she's getting into...hurhur. This is going to be fun.

kawaii: I'm glad I amuse you. XD Sayu will throw a fit at not getting Riho. XD That's practically a given. XD Ai's reaction, who knows? XD Well, I do, but that's completely besides the point. :P

Time to edit and post. I had a strike of inspiration so got this chapter out quicker than usual. :D

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2011, 11:24:44 PM »
A Different You and I

"You look well."

That sounded lame even to her. Ai fought the urge to cringe. Pulled it off too. While every single instinct was telling her to flee right now, she held her ground. She owed the woman before her that much.

"Of course I am, how can I be anything otherwise?" The response was mostly automatic. The carefully cultivated image of self-absorbed narcissism had become a form of reality for our narcissistic bunny. She was confident because she was confident. It fed upon itself, reinforcing her own ego. It was quite the happy cycle.

"You haven't changed much, Sayu." A genuine smile broke the stiff mask. It was only a portion of the truth. In that one thing, Sayu had not changed. In everything else, well, that was to be found out.

"You've changed a lot, Takahashi-senpai." Her tone was neutral, but her eyes had a dark gleam to them.

"It's been a long time..." Ai murmured, shifting her gaze away from her former kouhai's face. They were still in the hallway, but not exactly at the same spot where the bunny had first accosted the mother and daughter. The pair had drifted to stand in front of the emergency exit, where they could have some minor form of privacy, assuming there was any kind of privacy to be had in public.

"That kid..." Sayu began abruptly. "She really is...your daughter?"

"Yes." Ai said quietly. She would not deny that, no matter what anyone said. Riho was her daughter. She would not be ashamed of that fact.

"Then, you left because you had her." Sayu was not dumb. She had made the calculations regarding Riho's age and probable date of conception.

"Yes." Ai had nothing to hide at this stage of the questioning. She had left because she was pregnant with Riho. She had not wanted to deal with the questions then. Now, twelve years down the road, she still didn't really want to deal with them, but some things just couldn't be avoided.

Sayu took a deep breath, as if she was going to say something, then stopped. Her eyes darted around reflexively. Occupational hazard. It wasn't really paranoia when you actually had something to worry about.

There was a moment of silence. The bunny exhaled slowly, as if trying to give herself time to calm down. Ai, for her part, was resigned. She knew that any outburst on Sayu's part would be well deserved. She owed the woman that much.

"Have you ever spared a thought for the people you left behind?"

In the end, it was just that quiet little question that broke her heart. The sudden rush of tears was like the return of a familiar friend. Ai swallowed hollowly, her cheeks hot with something akin to shame. Guilt roiled in her stomach.

She knew her departure would have hurt. She had tried not to think about it then, convinced herself that the decision was for the best. There were too many factors beyond her control, and she felt, no, needed to do something, anything to sort out that mess.

She had to do it. That was the excuse she used to stave away the gnawing sense of guilt, not that it worked very well. No one else had to know. It would be her own problem.

The decision to keep and actually raise Riho on her own had been a difficult one, one that she had taken after a lot of deliberation. She had not discussed it with anyone else. How could she? The only person she could have told was probably Asami, and she did tell her...after she made the decision to keep the baby.

Sayu's little statement almost crumbled her carefully erected walls. She might just have dissolved into a mess of tears, had she been any more fragile. But she was not the same Takahashi Ai that Michishige Sayumi used to know, just like how the Sayu now was a different creature from the girl Ai used to know.

She did not cry, but the question caused her pain. Pain that she could not easily disguise.

The bunny saw it, and felt a stab of something. A familiar emotion.

"I am sorry, Sayu."

Barely above a whisper. Ai was downcast. Sayu reached out instinctively, almost making to grab for Ai's hand, but retracted it at the last moment. The moment hung awkwardly.

"You owe me more than an apology. I think I need some answers."

Sayu said finally, letting her hand fall back to her side. Ai looked up at this, biting her lower lip nervously.

"Not here."

They both understood. Sayu took another step back, so that Ai had some space. So that she had some space. The atmosphere was getting a tad suffocating between them.

"So, what's the father like?"

Ai stiffened slightly, but forced herself to relax. Sayumi watched her closely, but said nothing. Ai's reply was guarded.

"It's just the two of us now."

There was a frown on the bunny's face, but it vanished as quickly as it appeared.

"Oh."

Contrary to popular belief, Sayu really wasn't that mean. She didn't think mocking the woman would be a good idea, or fair, really. Being a single mom could not be an easy feat.

Deciding to change the subject a little, Sayu went on.

"I don't suppose you would want to..."

"No." Ai replied immediately. Then in a smaller voice. "I don't think I can. I'm...not ready."

Sayu steeled her jaw, disapproval creeping into her expression. She could understand Ai's position, but really...

"I'm not the only person you have to apologize to, you know."

"I know."

She knew it only all too well.

================================================================

Short chapter I know, but it was a good place to stop. You didn't think they would have a fullblown talk in the middle of a corridor where any number of other people could be listening in on them, did you? XD I just love planting more questions in the minds of my audience. Hehe.

Well. Should sleep. It's almost dawn. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
What? Another update?! *goes to read* I'm not cheating, really. XD

EDIT:There's so much to quote, here! I almost don't know where to start. :lol:

"You look well."
Wo~w, that was awkward.

She would not be ashamed of that fact.
She shouldn't be ashamed, the kid turned out pretty great.

Her eyes darted around reflexively. Occupational hazard. It wasn't really paranoia when you actually had something to worry about.
I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get me? XD

The only person she could have told was probably Asami,
This kind of makes me want to pound the wall in a sort of frustrated suspense. I'm still DYING to know the whole story behind this.

The bunny saw it, and felt a stab of something. A familiar emotion.
Just how close were they?

Contrary to popular belief, Sayu really wasn't that mean.
I lol'd

See Reina?

Well, you've done a good job of planting more questions, but you've also satisfied me enough that I'm not jumping up and down again.  XD Maybe a little bit. XD
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:15:57 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline mmsuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Quote from: Estrea
I'm quite interested in Reina's interaction with Riho too, especially since she wasn't really interested in Riho to begin with.  XD
Riho will 'grow' on Reina.. :lol: sounds fun! :P

She owed the woman that much.
intriguing...  :? how much does she owe Sayu and why..  XD

"You owe me more than an apology. I think I need some answers." 
we all need answers..  :lol:

"So, what's the father like?"
so.. there is father??.. LOL..  XD

"It's just the two of us now."
grrrrrrrr.. Ai-chan could you be more vague..  :smhid i was hoping that Aichan's response would erase the mental image that gracula's assumptions imprinted on my hollow brain..  :lol:

want to??... want to what??  :doh:

"I'm not the only person you have to apologize to, you know."
i'm just going to assume that the last 2 quotes has something to do with a certain kitten..  XD

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
No! you can't stop there *shakes head violently*  But you are right; they can't have a deep conversation in the middle of the corridor. :lol:

But hopefully us readers are getting closer to learning some of the details that we've been dying for.

Rather than Riho's father, I think I'm more interested in the past that Ai had with Sayu + the rest of PLAY.

Speaking of PLAY, I miss Eri (In R-L). How sweet would that be if Riho got to meet her favorite member (in this story, that is). :wub:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
YA YA YA YA YA this is getting sooooo good!  :cow:

So Sayu's not trying to make Ai feel guilty on purpose or anything but there's a good reason why Aichan is feeling guilty anyways... I have a feeling it's a bit more than just simply leaving her kouhais behind :panic:

And at this point, I'm just waiting for Eri to make an entrance :D

oh, and definitely ReinaxAi interaction in the future... I have a feeling Reina won't be as soft as Sayu was...  :smhid

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
woo....that was fast?  ;)
well, so the ebil bunny was capable of restraining herself eh? :lol:
Now I'm really curious what's their past  :roll:

PS: So, i'm still rooting Kono has something to do with
Aichan's pregnancy.... :P

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Hiya. Been a long time since i posted anything, but i plan to correct that soon. What a real pleasure to come late to the party and find not one, but two chapters waiting. I was so excited, I could hardly read properly. So now that I have, here are my thoughts:

Connect
1) Reina needs to get laid.
2) Reina/Sayu are kissing cousins? My world just exploded. But, if I squinted, I think I can see some resemblance.
3) I loled at the thought of Riho sitting primly directly opposite the sprawled out Reina. In a movie, this would be the awkward silence scene that I love so well.
4) Riho, amused at bratty Reina. I love.
5) Reina/Riho. What?! Crack pairing much?

A Different You and I
The carefully cultivated image of self-absorbed narcissism had become a form of reality for our narcissistic bunny. She was confident because she was confident. It fed upon itself, reinforcing her own ego. It was quite the happy cycle.

I love your Sayu too much already and now you have to go and write that.

Sayu took a deep breath, as if she was going to say something, then stopped. Her eyes darted around reflexively. Occupational hazard. It wasn't really paranoia when you actually had something to worry about.
'Was... was it-? Is Riho mine?' Sayu wanted to say, but decided against it. No, she reasoned, Riho sang far too well to be her progeny, despite the healthy genetic contribution from Ai.

The decision to keep and actually raise Riho on her own had been a difficult one, one that she had taken after a lot of deliberation. She had not discussed it with anyone else. How could she? The only person she could have told was probably Asami, and she did tell her...after she made the decision to keep the baby.
Dammit, Essy. You keep inviting gross speculations. But I will refrain.

Deciding to change the subject a little, Sayu went on.

"For old times sake?" Sayu jerked her thumb in the general direction of the washrooms.
(sorry, couldn't resist)

And so we come to a wonderful end to a wonderful update. And upon the third reading, my mind supplied, 'Ohh. ReinAi. Right.'

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Boukan