JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba

Author Topic: Friend's Lover | "X" (WMATSUI) COMPLETE  (Read 32428 times)

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
[nori's fanfics] X | Chapter Ⅱ [Updated 10.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:54 PM »
@kurosawa87: I'd be worried about that if it wasn't for the fact that it was also one of my guilty pleasures XD So you can look forward to more violence  :grin:

@mo-chan: lol I see what you mean by Mayu being the victim but she really isn't, and Yuki will be well kind of... Anyway never mind that I promise my next fic will have a proper Mayuki pair just for you mo-chan!

Chapter 2- Second Impressions

Dense fog was creeping over the dewy grass as a howl resonated through the dim park. The water shivering in fear as the pure liquid was marred by the crimson fluid gushing out from the mutilated corpse.

“No, please spare m—”

There was now another motionless body in the murky pond. “That makes it the tenth one tonight.” Discarding the used up cartridge onto the soaked pieces of garbage, my anger from last night still remained. That gullible fool’s naïve actions had rekindled a fury in my memories. It’s been almost an entire year since that X was engraved into my mind’s eye. That symbol is the sole reason for my enduring existence and I swear the next time I see her she would put her through a fraction of the torture that I go through every time the sun hides.

My mobile started to hum in my coat so I pulled it out and answered it.

“Rena, get to the underground. Someone says they want to meet you.” Mayu hung up just as soon as I answered the phone. Great now there’s another thing to get on my nerves. Rather than being so stingy about time I wished that she would occasionally take the time to explain things. Nevertheless it just wasn’t in her programming to do such a thing. For the 6 months that I have known her she never revealed a single hint of emotion, in fact I didn’t reveal much to her, we both knew very little about each other but this wasn’t a personal relationship. For a small cut of my bounties she provided me with heaps of information and that’s all I really cared for.

・・・

There was no sign of Mayu when I arrived at the deserted station. “Strange she’s never been late to a meeting before.” All the lights around me started to flicker, plunging the world into momentary darkness. At that instant a shadow twisted me around and pinned me against the bricks. Instinctively kicking out, I freed myself from my attackers grasp. My eyes were struggling with the lack of light and I could barely see where my enemy had landed. Nevertheless I reached into my coat and took out my pistols only to hear them clang on the tiles after a fist catapulted into my jaw. I lifted my arms to brace myself for the flurry of sharp nails that followed. Desperate to gain some space I thrust my knee up into their stomach and rolled out from underneath them. Realising that I was near my pistol I stretched out my hand to pick it up. Instead a sharp pain pierced through my hand.

“Arrgh! What the hell!” As the power returned to the platform I saw a cat was perched on top of my pistol and it had its claws hooked into my hand. Giving up on retrieving my pistol I locked my eyes onto the attacker. I was shocked to see the ragged girl from last was storming towards me.

“Why did you kill them!” Her roar was filled with fury as she flew through the air leading with her foot. With the lights back on avoiding her attacks was now a far easier task. Gliding to my right I caught her in midair with my rotating heel knocking her into the wall. Finally I could show this girl some pain. Dampening my bloody lips I unleashed a left hook into her stomach, followed by a hefty uppercut from my right hand. Before I could continue my onslaught the girl managed to wrap her leg around mine and tripped me up. The fall felt like it happened in slow motion. Midway through it I managed to shift my body weight and reverse our positions, or so I thought. She must’ve expected my attempt to switch our positions since she took advantage of my turning force by spinning the same way as me and smashed me into the ground.

“Ugh!” Blood came spluttering out from my mouth as I grimaced at the sound of my fractured ribs. Her soft paws were now resting around my neck

“You’re no better than the criminals you killed. In fact you should pay the price for ending their lives.” Slowly her grip was starting to tighten. Yet looking into her eyes I knew my life was under no threat. Her piercing green eyes were lacking the sharpness required to kill. They were dulled by useless melancholy emotions.

“You’re wrong I’m far better than those pieces of trash, otherwise I’d be the dead one.” I spat at the face of the girl and her sense of justice. Wiping the phlegm from her face with one hand, she pummeled my face with the other.

“Jurina I thought you said you would never kill anyone?” A grey hooded figure was sliding down the hand rail on the stairs. Like a feather she floated toward us and daintily landed on her toes. “Remember she is also one of my associates.”

“Mayu!” The girl immediately leapt off of me. The air around her suddenly became bright and she squeezed the newcomer. “Of course I wouldn’t have killed this lady but I didn’t realize you were working with such a crazy person.”

“No, you are the crazy one that refuses to kill your targets.” Mayu shrugged off the arms that were bound around her and stooped down to my level. “Apologies for my tardiness Rena but to be honest I didn’t think you would get this roughed up by someone who refuses to kill.” She gave a dismissive scoff.

“Any coward can hide in the darkness to beat me up.” I shot a dirty look in reply to the smirk.

“Don’t feel too bad. Jurina here was actually—”

“Mayu, I told you never to mention that.” Trying to hide her serious tone she came up with another playful hug; then she turned her attention on to me. “And I’m going to make sure you don’t kill another person ever again.”

“Go ahead and do what you want.” Ignoring her promise I barged my shoulder into her and walked over to the cat with my pistols. “Just tell your pet to get its disgusting paws off my stuff.” I nudged the cat aside with my boot and lifted my equipment.

“Hey don’t talk about Train like that!” Her lips formed a pout.

“Your name is Jurina right?” I cracked my neck round as my body twitched in annoyance. “Stopping yapping like a dog and actually force me to care about the crap you’re talking about.” Not even caring for a reply I dropped onto the disregarded railway and strolled into the soot filled tunnels.

・・・

The elevator let out a loud ping to alert me of the arrival at the top floor. Advancing out of the lift, I wandered toward the only other door in the entire room and opened it with the key dangling from my chain. Upon entering the room I took out my pistols and hung up my coat on the back of the door. I continued to remove the rest of my clothes until all that remained were my pitch-black, laced bra and suspenders. I slid my pistols across the counter and poured out a glass of red wine for myself. Looking out of the huge window I lazily began swirling the glass in my hand. With my suite being on the top floor of the apartment I had a magnificent view of the city streets rotting below me. These days all the streets were filled with the overwhelming stench of corpses and a single person on a silly crusade wasn’t going to change that. I knew that the girl’s ideals were foolish and that eventually she would end up like me. Paying a heavy price for our mistaken plans and casting our hearts into the darkness. There was once a time when I was like her, opting to capture criminals for their bounties rather than murdering them. However I had a partner that believed the same daft ideas.

Her name was Yuki. We had known each other since nursery and as we grew up we decided that we would both grow up to become cleaners but we would spare their lives. That way we would be more like actual good guys rather than be murderers. She was a truly gentle person with a natural talent for sword mastery and in fact it was for her fighting skills then I would be six feet under at this very moment. Instead she is the one trapped in the ground because of my deficiencies.

Now this Jurina girl wanted me to return to my weaker self and repeat my mistakes. Is she suggesting that the tainted existence that killed Yuki deserved to live? I was yet to take revenge for Yuki and only after I kill the owner of the “X” will I be able to properly atone for the mistakes I made that day. Until that happens I can’t allow any more weakness or doubt into my heart. I will continue to murder people in order to further numb my heart and if she chooses to get in my way then that is her choice, but nothing would prevent me from my revenge.

TBC
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:40:08 PM by nori »

Offline fffff

• ecchi
Re: [nori's fanfics] X | Chapter Ⅱ [Updated 10.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
Woah, this fic is awesome!
Jurina is somewhat really cute here...
Ah, so Yuki is dead. Well, revenge surely is a driving power.
Is it going to be only few parts like your previous fic or will it be a bit longer? (something I kind of hope for)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 10:11:32 PM »
It is extremely exciting for Jurina to take on a dangerous enemy that she has little information atm

Posted by PWO fail master

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline mo-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Juritan! \(*ω*)/
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »
I like this chapter!! no no I LOVE it!! 
it is really interesting drama crime and revenge it is what I have been waiting for a long time !! :D
so Jurina is going to put Rena on the right way and Rena refusing because she doesn't to return to be weak because of the X who killed her presious Yuki
nan nan nan nori you shouldn't kill Yuki like you.are so mean :P
at first when I started reading I thought there were some flushes leaded me to think the pairing will be a MayuRena but then when Jurina appeared and Mayu came I.said to oh no JuriMayu I was wrong !!
I can't wait to see how Jurina will change Rena :D
PS: you're going to make a Mayuki just for me !!! :D kyaaaa I Love you nori chuu~

Mayuki&WMatsui
Jurina is my oshi forever!! (>w<)/
 Mo-chan Fanfics:
Don't be ashamed when you love me
 One Shots
My Page

Offline DC2805

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Think with your wisdom, Love with your heart.
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
Thanks for the story!  :)
Visit my FFs:
We Love the Hospital! OS (Mayuki + Wmatsui) + Omake
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36072.0

The Foreigner Husband and The Traditional Wife (Wmatsui)
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36090.0

[Short OS] "Puppy" Love (Pairings: JR + YH)
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36408.0

My Little Brother Can't Be This Cute!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=36678.0

Derailed - OS featuring Aya x Nao
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=37305.0

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
[nori's fanfics] X | Chapter 3 [Updated 14.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »
@ffff: Thank you so much for your comment  :bow: Yeah Jurina is quite the playful character in this story XD As for the length of the story I'm going to try and make it a few more parts longer so it'll be about 7~8 unless I get another idea to fill it out  :)

@kurosawa87: I'm confused do you mean Jurina or Rena being brave since all she is doing is harassing Rena XD While Rena is hunting down this "unknown" enemy  :grin:

@mo-chan: Glad that this is the sort of thing you've been waiting for  :) Don't worry this won't have any MayuRena or JuriMayu in this fic, though I do feel a bad since you told me you were a big MaYuki shipper and I killed Yuki... Well Jurina sort of succeeds with her job in this chapter but Rena will still remain a bit of a nasty character so Jurina still has some more work to do XD

@DC2805: No problem :D Thanks for commenting :)

A/N: Absolutely nothing Valentine’s themed about this update, it just happened to be today that I finished the chapter XD Well thinking about it the relationship between the 2 characters takes a step forward so it is kind of more of a love theme than expected from this type of fic. But never mind that I hope you guys have had/ will have a nice day and I guess this is sort of my present to you guys so enjoy  :D

Chapter 3- I give up!

-

Two figures stood facing each other in the dark corpse littered alley. One of them had a gun pointed to the hostage they had trapped in a headlock. His face frozen with fear as slowly shuffled out of the alley. In contrast to her captor the hostage had a surprising look of relief across her face. Her eyes were gazing directly into the black hooded figure that was pointing a gun at the two of them. This gun was the only thing that I could point out on the hooded being; a thin white “X” was etched into the side of the gun. This very symbol made me want to destroy the person beneath the hood, but instead I was stuck to the ground, forced to be a mere bystander of the events that were about to unfold.

A single shot rang out plunging the world into the monochrome of black and white. The man keeled over backwards with a loud thud, blood pouring out of his chest. With the arm around her neck removed the captive was now free. As she took a step forward toward her savior the world started to turn against itself. In agonizing slow-motion she halted in her tracks and began collapsing toward the ground. Her face still had an expression of relief etched across it, rather it seemed like she had already accepted her fate and wasn’t afraid of her own death. After flashing a smile at the one that had just killed her she looked across at me and mouthed a few words.

“Yuki!!!” My eyes were becoming so blurry that I could barely make out the murderer leaning over and caressing the victims face. Rage began to consume my heart, how dare they touch Yuki after killing her. I began clutching desperately at the air; trying to reach out for the killer and wrench them off of Yuki. Yet I was moving further away from where my blood thirsty eyes were locked onto. Looking around me I saw rotting hands grabbing onto my legs dragging me into the darkness. More zombies emerged from the shadows behind me and began to chomp and bite into my flesh. I recognized each of these faces as ones that I have put a bullet straight through and they clearly didn’t appreciate it.

“Let go of me! I have to kill that bastard!” My vision suffered from a black out and I completely lost sight of the alley. Only the imposing image of the “X” remained, slowly bleeding to become a deep red colour. Once it was completely drenched in blood it was set alight by the black flames of vengeance that consumed my heart that night.

・・・

Breaking out in a cold sweat I kicked off the sheets on top of me. It was like this all the time now. Every time I shut my eyes the letter constantly reappeared as if they were ingrained into the inside of my lids. My life revolved around this image and even during the day all I did was search for more information on the “X”.

Heading out of my room I went into the lift and headed down to the bottom of the apartment. Leaving the building my day took a huge turn for the worst. There on the ground was Jurina fast asleep against the wall. My day had barely just started and she was already here to pester me about being and good girl and leaving everyone arrive. My attempt to sneak by without waking her resulted in a resounding failure as she squeezed me tightly to prevent any chance of me escaping.

“Ha! Now that I’ve caught you, you won’t be able to kill anyone.” She chirped, tightening her grip around me.

“Dammit let go of me!” I slammed her and my back into the wall getting her to release me. At that moment I aimed my gun at her smiling face. “Stop bothering me, especially since you should know that I won’t kill anyone during the day.”

“So you’ve decided not kill anyone then!” She was excited at the thought that she had won the battle to turn me.

“No I’m just following the rules which stop me from killing people in the day. If I had it my way I would be killing you and be making a lot more money.” I hated the law that prevented cleaners from hunting during the day.

“Well at least you’re kind enough to follow the rules.” She shrugged her shoulders and took a hold of the hem of my coat. “Still I want to follow you to find why you’re always so angry.” Ignoring her cheeky playful wink I spun away and stormed down the street desperate to shake off my pursuer. “Wait for me Rena-chan. Wait I mean it is ok for me to call you that right?”

“No, it’s not! In fact before you even start asking me about what to call me just don’t talk at all and stop stalking me you creep!” I lashed out with my foot to put some distance between the two of us before dashing off to find somewhere to hide from my irritation. After about an hour of escaping constant harassment I finally arrived at a place where I could find some peace and quiet. It was a bar that was being guarded by a huge burly guard and I figured that the little rascal wouldn’t be old enough to follow me in.

“Hey, that’s no fair!” Jurina started whining as the man’s enormous arm blocked her way.

“Better luck next time. Little girl.” I gave her the taste of her own medicine by sending a sarcastic wink at her. As I entered the building I heard her shout about knowing the owner of the place or whatever but it would take a far better excuse than that to get in.

“I’ll take your strongest whiskey.” I signaled through the smoky room to the bartender and caught the glass that he slid across the counter to me. How embarrassing it was taking to drink so early in the day. Letting out a large sigh I started swirling the glass in my hand, the ice clinking around against each other. A familiar voice emerged from one of the rooms.

“Look I’ll compensate for the five grunts you lost with their bounties so stop bothering me.” Mayu stepped into the dim room and walked straight passed me; too busy ranting down the phone to even notice me. “Then tell your next group to do a better job then.” She put her phone into her pocket and walked out the entrance.

“Mayu this stupid giant won’t let me into your shop.” I could hear Jurina’s voice from outside. God I feel sorry for the bouncer that was still being harassed by Jurina. Just how persistent is that girl?

“Jurina you do realize what this place is right? This is a bar I own, not a shop.” Mayu was bemused at the girl’s childish behavior.

“But Rena-chan is hiding from me in there.” Mayu looked back in through the open door and smirked when she saw me trying to cover my face with my coat.

“You should have said sooner. Here come in.” Mayu opened the door even wider allowing my nightmare to come bounding in.

“I have you again Rena –chan!” She wrapped her arms around me causing the few other customers in the place to shoot several disapproving glares at us.

“Oi Watanabe if you don’t want your place to be leveled down you’d better kick out this minor!” The blood inside me was boiling up with frustration as Mayu was enjoying the situation she just put me in.

“Don’t worry Jurina I’ll be kicking out Rena when she starts destroying things.” Mayu started scrolling through her phone and walked toward the back of the room. “Oh and I guess it’s also your job to look after her as well, so make sure she doesn’t drink anymore of that drink.”

“Eh what do you mean?” I turned to see Jurina lifting my glass and peering into its contents.

“Rena-chan aren’t you a little too old to be drinking apple juice.” She dipped her pinky into the liquid to have a taste of the drink. “Hm? This is horrible, why do you drink this Rena-chan? Hey mister give me a glass of milk.” The bartender begrudgingly slammed a glass on the table. “Now this is the good stuff.” Jurina was wobbling in her seat pointing at the milk, or at least that’s what I think she was trying to point to. I looked at her face to see a strange distorted grin and her cheeks seemed a little more flushed than usual. Even for a minor it was a bit much for someone to get drunk on such a small amount of alcohol.

“Rena-chan you’re face, it’s all wonky and strange.” Her hands were reaching out toward me but fell short of my face and ended up plastered onto my chest. The strange grin on her face faltered a little as she continued to pat around my chest. “Err, Rena-chan since when did a man wearing a bra take your seat?”

“What do you mean by that Jurina?” Slowly a demented grimace was forming across my face as the sound of veins popping could be heard from my clenched fist.

“Well you see.” Jurina began to reply with her paws still frisking around my chest. “It feels like I’ve got my hands up well, nothing I gu—”

“Don’t you dare call me flat chested!” My fist connected square on her chin causing her to hang in the air for a while before crashing back down onto her stool.

“Wow my head just got smashed but it doesn’t hurt at all! No wonder you drink this it makes you invincible!”

・・・

Eventually the effect of the whiskey took its toll on the minor. She lay unconscious on the bar, drool dripping from her twitching mouth. Leaving the bar I felt my entire body strain from the constant harassment of the girl. The sun had already retired for the day, the twilight curtain throwing itself over the streets.

“Brilliant it’s finally time to let out some stress.” I took out my pistols and spun them around my trigger fingers. The feeling of the cold metal in my palms brought an exhilarating sense of power to me. With one pull of the trigger I could end anyone’s life and I wasn’t willing to relinquish my strength just for the sake of spoiled brat’s request. Turning the corner there was a group of criminals waiting for me.

“Hey, you the cleaner who took down the rest of my gang last night?” The leader slammed his knuckleduster into the wall.

“Who knows I never really pay much attention to the insects I crush. They tend to do be dead before I notice them.” Letting out a small giggle I pointed my gun straight at his head “But don’t worry you can join them now.” As I tugged on the trigger I felt my aim sway from his head, in fact the bullet was buried in the wall nowhere near my target.

“You looking on down on us huh? Go get her boys!” The swarm came charging straight toward me, each of them screaming their various war cries. Leaping away from the crowd I fired several shots and again I felt my aim swing away from the intended target. Only this time I noticed why this kept happening to me. Every time I went to shoot another bullet would hit my pistol causing my hands to lose control and my bullets miss. I looked around to try and spot the only one good enough and foolish enough to pull off such a stunt.

“Nee Rena-chan, why does my head hurt so much? I thought that drink made you invincible not feel sick.” Jurina was laying on top of the wall her head resting upon one of her hands. “I guess I should just stick to milk.” She picked up the bottle perched beside her and started swigging away from it.

“Damn that meddlesome bitch.” I muttered under my breath as the group started to swing their various weapons at me. Avoiding as many of the flailing arms as I could I knocked down one of the men and pointed my gun at his temple at point blank range. “You won’t be able to stop me from killing this time.” I gritted my teeth and tightened my grip.

“Rena-chan behind you!” A golden knuckle slammed into my side and sent me flying into the wall. Smoke surrounding my eyes I fired two shots only to hear them ricochet off of something and fly off into the sky. “Rena-chan its mean to shoot people that are about to help you.” The dust finally settled to reveal Jurina standing in front of me with a hand reaching down towards me.

“You’re the idiot that got me in this mess.” I coughed feeling my breaths getting thinner from the previous impact to my chest. Jurina wrapped her arms around me and placed her hands on top of mine. My body fell in synch with hers and our heartbeats were in perfect unison. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Jurina lean in and breathe faintly into my ear.

“Then let me get you out of this mess.” Using my hands she fired countless shots in an instant causing many of my attackers to drop down holding onto various parts of their bodies in excruciating pain. However we ran out of ammunition and the pistols were just making small clicking noises. The leader of the group was now charging towards us roaring with rage. There was another reassuring whisper come from behind me.

“Stay perfectly still Rena-chan.” All of a sudden there were two hands placed either side of my head as a shadow flashed over me. Gazing up I saw a graceful body spiral across the sky. She dropped her hell on top of his skull with all the force she generated from vaulting off of me. As if nothing had happened Jurina daintily floated down on top of the body. “See all of them down and not a single one dead.” That irritating grin emerged across her face again.

“You really are desperate for me to hunt clean.” I slowly dragged myself up to face the nodding dog. “Fine I give up! I promise I won’t kill people but only if you follow this one rule.” I had finally succumbed to her pestering but even I have to admit that she was an ally worth using. “I get to take all of the bounty we get from now on.”

“Sure as long as Rena-chan doesn’t kill people anymore. Plus I stopped collecting bounties a long time ago!”

“Well I’m glad we sorted that out.” This certainly answered a few of my questions, no wonder such a talented cleaner wore such filthy rags but then again why wasn’t she collecting bounties? Was this girl really that gullible? “Well there’s no need to worry about me for tonight since it’s quite the haul tonight. I’ll just call Mayu to collect these guys and call it a night.”

“Right I understand Rena-chan.” Jurina lifted her hand in a playful salute to acknowledge my words. “Well you can look forward to your training start tomorrow.” She swung her hand down and rushed off into the night. Training huh? Well all her stupid games don’t really matter anymore since with her at my side I can clean out the trash quicker. Albeit I won’t be able to kill them but that doesn’t matter as long as one day I find the person that killed Yuki and I take my revenge. Who knows maybe teaming up with Jurina will get me even closer to the owner of the “X”.

Pleased with the outcome of the night I dialed Mayu’s number on my phone. While I was waiting for her to pick up I was reminded of the conversation Mayu had during the day. It was something about compensating people with their bounties. I guess someone with so much information would have a few secrets hidden up their sleeves as well.

“Hey Rena how many do you have for me tonight.” Mayu answered with her usual abrupt tone. After counting up all the bodies on the floor I replied

“A perfect ten tonight.”

TBC

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Clean the nosebleed and keep reading/writing! @.@
Re: [nori's fanfics] X | Chapter 3 [Updated 10.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
Nori-saaaaaan!!!!! You are too fast!!! ><

I Even hadn't time to comment on chapter 2 ><

But this is awesome!!!!! Keep it up o/

Thank you for the update *.*

<3
Sorry about my lack of activity... I'm kinda stuck in life...

My fics:
It started in a wedding (MariMii + usual couples) - ongoing
The fanfiction post thread (KojiYuu, WMatsui) - ongoing
The cry of a lonely star - ongoing
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Seven Word Story
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 09:13:31 PM »
I meant rena but my mind was somewhere else when i wrote it.  Mayu in clean up duty and Jurina being touched by alcohol XD

Posted by PWO fail master

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
[nori's fanfics] X | Chapter 4 [Updated 18.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 12:15:47 AM »
@BbSis: Apologises for updating too fast XD I'm glad you think this is awesome though and thank you for the support :)

@kurosawa87: No worries, I'm just really happy that you commented :) Also glad you enjoyed Jurina's adventure with alcohol XD

A/N: Hey guys I’ll make this quick since I have more to say at the end XD Big thanks to all your comments. There’s a lot less action in this but I hope you guys still enjoy this chapter :)

Chapter 4- Yuu-chan

-

“Rena-chan I got another two!” Jurina was waving toward me dragging a pair of motionless bodies with her.

“That’s great but I’m a little busy at the moment.” I was locked in a stalemate with my enemy as another one was behind me swinging their knife down towards me. “Dammit.” I put a bullet into his shoulder to free my arm then swung it round to knock the knife out of the partner’s hand. With the threat averted I slammed the butt of the pistol into the two men’s heads. “That makes it five for the night.” I piled the two men I just knocked out on top of the two men Jurina had caught and the one I had downed earlier.

“Hey that should be enough for tonight right?” Jurina had brought across another three bodies from somewhere.

“Hmm well I guess so…”Having to return to my old ways of not killing people wasn’t too bad. This meant I have Jurina helping me collect bounties and this was turning out to be a great idea. It was now a regular occurrence to be accumulating over ten bounties in a day so only having eight today was a little disappointing. But then again maybe I can stop relying on Mayu’s information for targets and just rely on Jurina’s instincts. I mean every time we go out I have information on at least a few targets but Jurina and her cat would always disappear and find several more targets to add to the pile.

“Umm Rena-chan can I ask you a favour?” Jurina was fidgeting with her gun, clicking the trigger firing air out of the empty barrel.

“Hey don’t be pushing your luck too much. It’s only been a week since I’ve agreed to your pestering about sparing these people’s lives.” I let out a sigh and began walking away from the girl and sent Mayu a text telling her the whereabouts of tonight’s haul.

“Don’t be like that Rena-chan.” Pouting, she leapt forwards and stuck onto my arm. “I was only going to ask you if we could hang out together tomorrow. I mean you avoid me every time I mention training and it’s not like you do much during the day.”

“Look what I do during the day has absolutely nothing to do with you.” I took my arm away from her grasp and continued to march away from her. “We are merely just two cleaners working together to collect bounties. Just because you’ve become my partner doesn’t mean you’ve replaced Yuki in anyway.” The last part was murmured under my breath, or so I thought.

“Who am I replacing?” Jurina’s ears were perking up as she pressed her cheek up against mine.

“Absolutely no one, in fact you’re a million years way too early to even think about replacing anyone. Look I’ll meet up with you again tomorrow night but no earlier than that.” I turned my finger onto her as I brushed by into the night and back to my apartment.

・・・

Through the laced curtains a thin stream of light was creeping its way into the murky room. Remaining perfectly still in my bed I decided to let my mind wander aimlessly. Why did I even think about comparing this Jurina with Yuki? No one would ever mean as much as she did to me. Just because I’d agreed to stop killing people like those days didn’t mean Yuki would be returning to me. It couldn’t be any further from the truth; I needed to destroy the one who killed her. Only then will I be able to move on from the loss of Yuki and finally allow someone to fill the darkness deep in my heart. Maybe Jurina could fulfill this role as well. The way she behaves around me is strange to say the least. We barley know each other yet she always clings onto me at any opportunity she gets but then she maybe like that with everyone she knows. There was absolutely nothing between the two of us which meant that she would treat me differently from other people, unless she really does misunderstand the relationship we have as two cleaners working together.

Finally I sat up in my bed and pulled the curtains apart to witness snow covered scenery. Really snow at this time of the year? I wrapped myself up in a thick warm woolly jumper and grabbed an apple and scarf off the counter as I made my way out toward the elevator. By the time I stepped out of the lift I was already done with my snack and threw the core into the bin on the way out. The sliding doors separated exposing me to the blistering gales.
“I should get this done as soon as I can.” I dashed into the blizzard and rushed toward the nearest convenience store to grab some shelter and food. I intended buy more than just a few things but I figured I could get everything another day; today’s weather was just a bit too treacherous. In fact I should probably tell Jurina that I wasn’t going to hunt tonight, it wasn’t like I needed to work every night and with her help recently I was already way ahead of the amount that I expected to make this month.

Battling my way through the snow storm I managed to send a short message to Jurina as I returned to the apartment building. Just as I was about to turn back into the apartment I noticed a peculiar looking mound of snow had formed against the wall. Thinking nothing of it I was just about to return to my room when I heard the sound of a phone ringing from the heap of snow. Perplexed at the bizarre mound of snow I began digging away at it to find a frozen face with pale blue lips.

“What the hell Jurina!” The girl was motionless and appeared to be in desperate need of help. Hastily I hoisted her up and carried her into the elevator. “What on earth were you doing out there?” Of course there was no reply; I was just panicking at the sight of the unconscious girl. “Dammit why is the lift so slow!” Eventually we reached my floor and I immediately took her into my room and placed her body under the sheets. Deciding that I need more things to warm her up I went to the bathroom to fill a bottle up with boiling hot water and placed it under the sheets with her.

As I sorted out the rags that she called clothes I noticed there were two guns in her pockets. Strange, I could swear she only ever used a single pistol when she fought alongside me. Well it must be uncomfortable sleeping with these chunks of metal pushing against you. Just as my hand entered her jacket she stirred from her sleep.

“I’m sorry Yuu-chan.” There were several beads of sweat streaming down her distraught face. “I didn’t mean to… No I shouldn’t have done that… I…” Her arms were flailing around; she was clearly agitated by whatever nightmare she was witnessing. I took a hold of her arms and pressed my forehead against hers only to pull away from the immense heat. Quickly I grabbed a towel, drenched it with water and placed it on her forehead. This simple gesture helped to calm her fever and she returned to a calmer state but she continued to mutter in her sleep. “Yuu-chan…” Leaving her alone in my room I looked in my fridge to find that there was not a single bottle or carton of milk in it.

“Damn that’ll be the one thing she wants when she wakes up.” I snapped my fingers and made my way back to the elevator for the third time of the day. Waiting for the lift to arrive I began to wonder about the name Jurina kept mentioning. Who on earth was this Yuu-chan? The lift gave a loud ping and I stepped into it and pushed the button for the bottom floor. Well whoever she is she clearly means something to the girl; although it sounded like the memories weren’t very happy memories that Jurina was having of the unknown girl. Rather than getting worked up about this I should just ask her about this girl. In fact it dawned on me that I knew very little about the girl. Maybe this was a good chance to gain some information on her and I can make sure by using the milk as a bargaining chip. When I looked out the door I noticed that the storm had finally died down. “Well at least that’s an improvement.”

・・・

When I returned to my room I saw Jurina rummaging through my fridge in search of her beloved drink.

“Is this what you’re looking for?” I waggled the bottle in my hand causing the girl’s eyes to light up.

“You went and got milk for me! I love you so much Rena-chan!” She leapt forward for the bottle only to end up swiping at thin air as I lifted it out of her reach. “Hey give back meanie!” She gazed up toward me with innocent puppy eyes and formed a cute pout with her lips. Her expression made it extremely tempting to hand over the drink and my hand was slowly dropping down. “Achoo!” Jurina’s sneeze snapped me back into focus.

“Do you know what I will give it to you but first you should get back in my bed and warm up. Then you have to answer my question.” I grabbed her by the shoulder and ushered her back into my room.

“Why do I have to go through an interrogation just for milk?” She was whining as she pulled the sheet up to her face.

“Fine I’ll just drink it myself then.” I began to threaten her by peeling open the bottle.

“No, no I’ll answer your questions.” A twisted grin came across my face; who would have known a bottle of milk would give such leverage.

“Well I’ll get straight to the point. Who is Yuu-chan?” Jurina’s eyes widen in shock at the name.

“How do you know about her?” Stunned into silence she could barely formulate her words.

“You kept mentioning her in your sleep. In fact you looked pretty distressed thinking about her.” I feigned a look of concern to try and draw her into revealing more about this girl’s past. Jurina looked to have resigned to any attempt of hiding any information about her acquaintance.

“Well you know how I’ve got you to stop killing people.” Her solemn look had turned into a grin at the mention of her achievement.

“If you’re talking about constantly harassing me then yeah I know what you mean.” I rolled my eyes at her silly behavior.

“But it worked didn’t it! I mean I’ve got Rena-chan to stop killing people now. In fact—”

“Look stop trying to change the subject and just answer my question.” I interrupted her before she could start rattling away at some pointless subject.

“Mou fine then.” A slightly more serious look came over her face again. “It goes all the way back to when I started out as a cleaner under Mayu’s help. I was like Rena-chan and killed all of my targets, in fact I was becoming a little too infamous on the streets; though it didn’t help that Mayu gave me a stupid nickname to add to my troubles.” She let out a heavy sigh.

“What was that nickname?” I sensed a chance to get some ammunition on the girl. She shut her eyes and gave a small murmur. “Sorry I didn’t quite catch that.” I cupped my ear and leaned in.

“Jū-byō no Yokai…” I had to admit I was a little disappointed. From her sudden quite attitude I assumed that it would be some sort of silly nickname, hearing her whisper that name had actually sent a slight chill down my spine.

“Why was that your nickname? It’s not really your typical nickname for a cleaner.”

“Look do you want me to continue my story about Yuu-chan?”

“First explain your nickname to me. Otherwise I’ll drink the milk now.” These words immediately brought an explanation from her.

“It was because anyone that fought me would be lucky to have survived ten seconds. Also Mayu was adamant that it had a part of my name in it. Now can I continue?”

“Of course go ahead.” I gestured with the bottle and lowered myself onto the edge of the bed. Jurina let out a loud cough before continuing.

“So basically I used to be like you, in fact I was worse. I was killing people for the fun of it. I had gotten to a point where I was killing people regardless of whether they had a bounty or not. The threat of being caught didn’t scare me. If the police ever managed to find me then I would just kill them.” A mixture of despair and rage was swirling around her eyes; she clearly didn’t enjoy being reminded of her past. “It was actually becoming quite silly. I thought I was invincible and began taking on groups of over twenty people at once, just so that I might have a challenge. I never once thought that the first person to defeat me would be a single girl and that she would also be my savior.” Jurina was now acting like a completely different person. A serious tone in her voice had kicked in and I was struggling to work out the emotion in her eyes. Was it disappointment at being defeated or relief from meeting her savior?

“This girl was it by any chance?”

“Yeah it was Yuu-chan who defeated me. She also knew about all the lives I had taken yet she still showed me forgiveness refused to kill me, and to be honest that really annoyed me. Not only was my pride as gunwoman bashed by a sword user but she didn’t even have the conviction to land the final blow. So I decided to continue challenging her only to lose every time.” She let out a light chuckle. “After a while she tried to teach me that my blood thirst was also my weakness, that in fact it required far more self-control and strength to not kill people. My past self refused to believe her words; I was far too stubborn to accept that something like kindness was the reason that someone was stronger than me. Eventually I learned about my errors at the cost of a life…” Her voice trailed away and a single tear ran down her cheek. “Yuu-chan died because of my arrogance and in an attempt to make up for my sins I decided that I would never kill anyone nor would I ever collect the bounties of anyone.”

“Wait so why did my make that deal with you!” I lifted my hand to cover my mouth in embarrassment at mentioning such a petty thing.

“I’m sorry for lying to you Rena-chan.” She was forcing her face into a tearful grin. “But hey now Rena-chan won’t make the same mistakes as me.” The emotions had finally overwhelmed her and the floodgates burst. Without warning she grabbed onto my arm and began weeping into my shoulder. I guess it turns out that we both share a similar past; we’ve both lost important people. However I couldn’t help but feel a little intrigued at the fact that loss sent as in different directions. Maybe there was a little more to her story than she was willing to reveal, but for now I should just comfort her; get her on my side.

“It’s ok Jurina I’m here for you.” My arms wrapped around her and squeezed her tighter as she continued to mournfully howl into the night.

TBC

A/N: Quick word at the end^^ “Jū-byō no Yokai” means “Ten-Second Demon” Also I’m sure some of you guys have an idea about who “Yuu-chan” is but just to make sure Yuko is not a character in this fic, I know Yuu-chan is one of her nicknames but it can also be this characters nickname. I know from personal experience XD Well I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I would really appreciate any comment you leave me :D

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:30:07 AM by nori »

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [nori's fanfics] X | Chapter 4 [Updated 18.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:05 AM »
I forgot Yuki begins with Yu lol
It's sad Yuki is dead T_T

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 12:07:34 PM »
Rena is killing off people but in a way this Yuu-chan will be key to everything

Posted by the Hawaiian

Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline hikari_043083

• Rena-ojousama's Gundam Caretaker
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »
Hi!

I'm quite new and had been ghosting around until I found your thread.

Tomodachi no Kiobito was nice. At first I thought it was going to be WMatsui versus YukiRena, but it was actually yukiRena with a one-sided JuriYuki with emphasis on WMatsui friendshhip/sisterhood. Poor Juri who ended up alone. A pairing would have been nice to help her get over Yuki. I like the fact that Juri respected the importance of her friendship with Rena rather than destroying it becasue of her feelings. I'm sure there is someone out there for her.

For X, what is the anime reference that you used? I would like to research that anime. Also, why do I get the feeling that Yuu-chan is Yuki and The X who caused Yuki's death is actually Jurina. X isn't read as X the letter but X as in roman numeral ten. Coming from Ju in Jurina's first syllable in her name and the 10 second yokai nickname. Ju is ten in Japanese after all. Just guessing.

Offline mo-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Juritan! \(*ω*)/
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:37 PM »
hehe even Rena is trying to ignore and avoid Jurina she couldn't let her outside on the cold
Jurina looked like a lost cat XD
poor Jurina she has such past like Rena's but she was the opposite of the older Matsui

Mayuki&WMatsui
Jurina is my oshi forever!! (>w<)/
 Mo-chan Fanfics:
Don't be ashamed when you love me
 One Shots
My Page

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
[nori's fanfics] X | Chapter 5 [Updated 27.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 09:02:23 AM »
@kahem: I know its sad, I felt bad writing about her death :cry:

@kurosawa87: Well Rena's been stopped by Jurina now but you're right Yuki/ Yuu-chan is a very important character in this fic and eventually all will be revealed  :)

@hikari_043083:  :welcome Thank you so much for your comment! Its things like this that make me really glad that I started writing fics :D I'm glad you enjoyed my first attempt with Tomodachi no Koibito, I know that it's a bit cruel for Jurina to end up alone but I really wanted to focus on the special friendship that she shares with Rena as something that may even eclipse love. However I have started working on a epilogue for that so that Jurina can end with a pairing but that may take a while since I don't want it to look forced. 

As for X the anime that inspired me it is called "Black Cat", the main inspiration I got from that was the gun with a number engraved, and yes you are right in thinking that Yuki and Yuu-chan are in fact the same person. I also like your theory of Jurina being Yuki's killer and it is very close to the truth but not quite what I have in store, so I hope I can surprise you with what actually happened then.
Well this turned out to be a long reply XD and again thank you for the comment :)

@mo-chan: haha yeah Rena is acting like quite the tsundere, pretending that she doesn't care about Jurina the lost cat XD
It's funny you say that, when I wrote it down it felt like I was switching their personalities at that point, it also makes them really similar but so different at the same time lol.

A/N: Hello again people! I apologize for the long wait for the update but this has turned out to be twice as long as what I normally write so I hope that can make up for it being a longer wait! I’ve said this every time but your comments me a lot to me so please keep them coming, also a shout out to the silent readers and I hope you’ve enjoyed the story.

Chapter 5- Punishment

Heavy.  A huge burden was forcing itself down onto me. Pinned to the cushions I managed to turn my aching body around. My eyes were still full of sleep and I could barely make out the face in front of me. Wait why on earth was there a face on top of me?

“Kyaah!” Shrieking I kicked the body and sent the body soaring across the room. The sheet then rose up from the ground and let out a dazed voice.

“Mou Rena-chan why did you wake me up like that?” As soon as Jurina’s pouting face emerged from under the cover it morphed into a huge grin. “I know as a punishment you have to hang out with me for the entire day.”

“I refuse.” Without even giving her idea any thought I deadpanned and got up from my couch. “In fact what the heck were you doing sleeping with me in the sofa? I specifically let you sleep in my bed.” The girl started fidgeting with the corner of the sheet and stared up at me with watering eyes.

“I just wanted to be with Rena-chan…” I was still struggling to get over the fact that this girl used to be a killing machine like me. Those adorable eyes couldn’t have belonged to a cold blooded killer like me. I could feel my heart melt and decided to concede to her pleading.

“Well I’m not exactly doing anything so I could hang out with you.” All of a sudden Jurina came rushing toward me with joy filled in her eyes. Before she could squeeze me to do death I placed my hand on her head to stop her progress. “However there are several conditions.” This seemed to drain the enthusiasm out of her but I kept my guard up and continued to hold her away from me. “Firstly no unnecessary body contact between us. Secondly you’re going have to get at least, let’s see ten? Yeah you have to get the bounties of at least ten people tonight, and finally I refuse to be seen publicly with someone as scruffy as you so I’ll let you borrow my clothes for today.” Jurina followed me into my room and immediately started rummaging through a drawer. I went into to the wardrobe of older clothes to try and find something to lend her.

“Err Rena-chan won’t I get really cold just wearing this when I go out?” Jurina had a piece of my lingerie in each of her hands. In a flash I snatched them out of her hands and shoved them back into the drawer and slammed the drawer shut.

“Those are my things. You can go choose from that wardrobe over there.” I pointed her to where I was just a second ago and Jurina went diving head first into the clothes. Almost as soon as she went in, she came back out holding a frilled white one piece and a cream cardigan. “Good once you get changed in the bathroom then we can get going.”

“Yay, I’m really looking forward to this Rena-chan!” I avoided eye contact with Jurina as she bounced out of my room. As I pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans and skulled shirt it suddenly dawned on me that Jurina had managed to pick out the few things that I have that actually belonged to Yuki. Who knew that such a strange thing could happen? Maybe this girl really is something special; maybe she can fill the void in my heart. It’s not like I’m getting any closer to getting to finding Yuki’s killer.

“Rena-chan are you ready yet?” My Train of thought was broken by Jurina yelling from the hallway. Without replying I put my pistols in their holsters, grabbed my black leather jacket and joined her. “I hope you’re ready to have fun.” Her face had a beaming smile stretching across it.

“So would you like to tell me where we are going?” Jurina simply giggled at my question.

“You’ll find out soon enough. Now let’s go!” She took a hold of my hand and rushed out of the door, only to have to stop and wait for the lift. “Ah I forgot about this thing. Isn’t there a faster way down?”

“Well there are the stairs but…” Before I could finish she hoisted me up in her arms and kicked down the door to the staircases. “You might want to hold on tight.” She looked down to me and gave me a flirty little wink before leaping over the railings.

・・・

“Next time we take the lift.” I was still recovering from the crazy ride that Jurina had just taken me on.

“But wasn’t it really fun sliding and jumping off the railings. Plus it was a lot faster than that boring lift!” She was still giddy with excitement from that treacherous descent. “Also there’s going to be more of that kind of thing where we are going. In fact we are already here!” She was pointing at a sign which read as Tropical Land.

“You can’t be serious.” Jurina was staring me at with determined eyes, telling me that she was extremely serious. “Well aren’t you a little too old to get excited over a theme park?”

“I’ll have you know that you can never be too old for something unless there’s an age limit, and the last time I looked there aren’t any for theme parks.” Letting out a huff she stormed off into the park and started searching for the first ride that she would drag me onto. “Hey Rena-chan this big one over here!” She was pointing at the monstrous steel structure towering over everything. Its tracks were coiling between each other in a jumble of various loops, twists and dips. Jurina was already trying to queue up for the ride but her way was being blocked by a member of staff.

“I’m sorry but you’re not tall enough to get on this ride.”

“But I’m fifteen years old! I should be old enough to go this ride!” Jurina was whining and stomping the ground.

“I’m sorry but your age doesn’t matter. We don’t have any age limits only height limits.”

“Looks like your own words came back to haunt you.” I placed my hand on her shoulder and dragged her away from the staff before she could cause any more trouble.

“Rena-chan it looks so fun.” Just as she finished her sentence a group of screaming people came zooming by on the steel tracks. Jurina’s eye had a small tear in them. “I drank all that milk but I’m still too small, it’s not fair.” She began to swing her fists at me in frustration.

“Look, stop acting like a child and find another ride that you’re tall enough to go on.” We walked further into the park in search of something that Jurina could actually ride.

Eventually she found another jet coaster she wanted to go on and rushed straight toward the attendant who was overseeing the queue.

“Hey mister I’m tall enough to go on this right?” With her back against the wall Jurina was desperately trying to stretch her body beyond the red line. Mildly entertained with the girl’s hectic attempt to grow he took off the chain and let her into the queue. “Look Rena-chan I’m allowed on this ride and the queue is also really small!” Jurina took off running down the winding maze of chains and disappeared into a building.

Before I followed her I gave an apologetic nod to the amused man then entered the rows of chains. As I made my way toward the building I noticed it had a rather decrepit demeanour to it. All the windows were at awkward angles and there was an abundance of ivy all snarled up with each other over the rotting boards. Once I reached the entrance I noticed that the upper portion of the door had a phrase written across it with a sticky crimson liquid.

“Enter at your own peril.” I giggled at the ride’s feeble attempt at trying to scare me. Though I’m kind of surprised that Jurina went rushing in; I didn’t think she would be the type to enjoy horror. The door creaked open to reveal a dark gloomy room aligned with dim candles and disturbing portraits. Entering the corridor I could swear that there was a faint sobbing coming from somewhere in the hallway.

All of a sudden a hand shot out from the shadow and grasped onto my ankles. “Help me…” An eerie voice echoed throughout the entire room. Another white hand reached out and began to tug on me even harder. A frosty breath wheezed against my leg, sending shudders down my spine. A bedraggle body began dragging itself out from the shadows and continued to cry. “Please help me… Rena-chan I need you…” How on earth did this thing know my name? Was this really some kind of haunted house that the park was built around?

“Let go of me!” Yelling I lashed out with my leg to free it from its captor and backed up against the wall. Then I decided not to hang around any longer and rushed down the corridor to catch up with Jurina and the queue.

“No, Rena-chan don’t leave me!” Looking back down the corridor I saw an extremely pale faced Jurina crawling towards me; her eyes completely blood shot from the incessant tears rolling down her face.

“Jurina, what are you doing back here?” She slowly got up to her feet and continued to make her way toward me. Her entire body was trembling in fear, sweat dripping from head to toe.

“Rena-chan I’m really scared of this place.” Huddling up to me she turned me back toward the entrance. “Please take me out of here.”

“But you’ve only just come here.”

“I don’t care! Just get me out of this horrible place.” Sighing I lead Jurina out of the house and back past the confused attendant. I then continued to lead her round the park and found a bench to sit her down on.

“You do realize that the whole point of theme parks is to go on the rides.” Folding my arms across my chest I gave her a disapproving glare. It’s one thing to waste my time by bringing me to such a childish place but to not even go on any of the rides. That just defeats the point of being here. At least these rides would distract me from this unbelievable boredom.

“But the first one wasn’t my fault and the second ride was—”

“Wait.” Right then I noticed a large building across from us with the words “Wild West Shootout” written across it. “We’re going on that ride over there.” Taking a hold of Jurina’s arm I strode straight into the building only to have my progress halted by the bodies all queuing up for the ride.

“Rena-chan what are we queuing for?” Jurina had a puzzled look on her face.

“I don’t know and I don’t care. You wanted to go on a ride so here we are going on one.” The fact that we hadn’t even come close to getting on a ride was starting to get me. Who knows maybe I was more desperate to go on a ride than Jurina was. She was surprisingly quiet considering how animated she was earlier in the day.

“Err Rena-chan does this count as unnecessary contact…” Stammering a little Jurina gestured to her hand. Our fingers were somehow intertwined with each other’s. My face became flushed and I immediately withdrew my hand and shoved it in my pocket.

“Th-that meant absolutely nothing!” I took a step away and spun my face away from her. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a crestfallen frown on her face. Dammit I wish things like this would stop happening, it’s just going to result in more tiresome misunderstandings. Then again why was she so obsessed with me? As far as I remember I’d never met her before that day in the underground. There must be more to Jurina’s story than she revealed. Maybe I could ask her more questions while we sat in this queue. “Hey Jurina can I ask you something?”

“Huh yeah I guess…” She was still carrying a disappointed expression, tracing her finger over the palm where my hand once was.

“Why are you so obsessed with me?” I wasn’t going to beat around the bush so I was just going to be blunt about the entire thing.

“Wh-what do you mean?” Jurina was either still sulking about my actions or just playing hard to get. Whatever it was she kept avoiding any sort of eye contact with me.

“You know what I mean. I’m asking you to tell me why you like me so much!” Raising my voice caused the surrounding crowd turn their attention onto us. I lifted the collar of my jacket up, trying to hide as much of my scarlet face as possible. Why did I say it like that, it just makes me sound like such a narcissist. Slowly the length of the queue was shortening, although the distance between me and Jurina was still as large as ever, and eventually we got onto a cart.

Jurina then twisted round in her seat to say. “You’re right Rena-chan I do like you but I’ll only tell you if you beat me.” She then pretended to shoot me with the laser gun that we had received. The grip of the toy revolver had a small screen with several red zeros. “Highest score wins!” Shouted Jurina as the cart sped off into the realm of the Cowboys.

・・・

“Again. We are going on that again.”

“But we’ve been on loads now. Look it’s become dark now.”

“I don’t care I refuse to be beaten by you.” The girl had defeated on many previous rounds of the ride and I was still desperate to beat her. Though by now it had nothing to do with the answer she promised but my competitive nature that drove me back on to the ride. In a massive huff I brought Jurina back to queue which had doubled in size since last time. I figured that this might have been a good time to ask her another question, maybe she’ll actually answer this time. “Jurina tell me, how the heck are you so good at shooting?”

She just replied by waving her finger at me. “Tsk, tsk Rena-chan. You shouldn’t be asking me another question. You haven’t come close to beating me yet.” The wagging finger and her cocky tone just added to my frustration.

“Jurina please tell me who taught you how to use a gun.” Through gritted teeth I tried to get her to answer me regardless of her conditions. Several ideas seemed to enter and leave her mind before she finally decided on a plan.

“Hmmm… Well I guess you have made a valiant effort to beat me so I shall reward you for that but...” Damn, there was always but when it comes to these things. “We are not going back on this ride instead we are going on the Ferris wheel.” Her finger was now pointing at a large illuminated circle.

“Fine but you start answering the question now.” I wasn’t really in any position to demand anything but I was just annoyed with losing to her so often that I couldn’t contain myself.

“Sure that’s ok.” She signalled by forming a loop with her finger and thumb. “This way the time in the Ferris wheel will be more special.” The grin on her face just kept getting larger and she started skipping towards the flashing wheel. “You see it was my dad who taught me everything I know. My mum died when I was born so it was just me and him from the start and because he was a bounty hunter thought it would be a good idea to teach me about guns when I was still really young. He did tell me about other things though since he kept telling me to drink milk so that I wouldn’t be as small as him. He used to be like, this tall.” Giggling she held her hand just below her chin and joined the back of the queue, but to me it looked like her actions were at little more forced than they should be.

“How could he used to be that tall? Did he just suddenly grow one day?” My words caused her to fall into a slower more depressed state.

“He’s dead.” All the emotion had vanished from her face and she was speaking to me with an eerie monotonous tone. “You must have heard of the incident with the bomber in the underground from three years ago.” Hesitating I nodded my head. It would be hard to find someone that didn’t know about the catastrophe that took place that day. “Well my dad was on that train and he died because of the suicidal maniac. That was also the day I got my first kill as a cleaner. I wanted revenge for my father’s death but the man who killed him had already killed himself. It was then that I met Mayu for the first time and she told me that he was part of some huge gang so I decided that I would have to take my revenge on them instead. In doing this I learned that the incident that killed my father was requested by some kind of government member. Turns out that this sort of thing happens often and that people without bounties were just as bad as those with one. Eventually I became consumed with the superiority I gained from killing people, well that was until Yuu-chan came along…” Jurina’s words faded and we got to the front of the queue. “Come on Rena-chan I answered your question so let’s have fun now!” It was amazing how easily this girl could switch between emotions. I followed the bounding girl into the capsule and sat down opposite her. She just sat there gazing out of the windows marvelling at dazzling view of the city.

The sight of the girl enjoying herself brought a smile to my face. Maybe meeting this girl wasn’t so bad after all. These days I was actually starting to appreciate her company and if I was being honest I would have to say that today was actually kind of fun. It’s been a while since I was able to be so carefree about things and it was refreshing to see energetic Jurina act like such child, though she’s always acting like that it felt special with it being in a place like this. Though I found myself feeling a little guilty for asking her all these questions. I have no idea how much she knows about me, the fact that she decided to follow me and she also knows Mayu I assume that she must know a bit about me. Still maybe I should tell her about Yuki, be honest and tell her that I still intend to kill the person who murdered her.

“Jurina I have to confess. You know how I said I wouldn’t kill people anymore, well that’s not strictly true. There’s someone I need to take revenge for…” The shame in my voice was clearly audible, but Jurina’s reaction was far more subdued than I expected. Her face carried a more solemn look but other than that there was nothing she just continued to stare out into the night.

“Really? Do you have to take revenge for someone? Also would she want you to do this?” Jurina quietly muttered these words still refusing to look at me. I took a hold of her shoulders and forced her to match my determined gaze.

“No, she would probably hate me for doing this but I’ve already made my decision and I will do this no matter what.” We went over the apex of the wheel in silence, Jurina averting her eyes to try and avoid mine. After a while she let out a lengthily sigh.

“If you feel that strongly about it then I guess I’ll have to help you find this person.” She was clearly unhappy about this but she seemed to have resigned to the fact that nothing she would say would alter my decision.

Suddenly the rattling sound of gun fire pierced through the air. Leaning against the window I could see hordes of people all fleeing from a smaller group near to the merry-go-round. There was a tall burly man in the centre of the group who set his rifle to the side and took out a megaphone.

“This is an emergency announcement, would Matsui Rena please come to the merry-go-round. If she doesn’t comply with this then I cannot guarantee the safety of everyone in the park.” This must be another gang trying to get their own back on me for taking out their other members, but more importantly how did they know I was here? “I repeat would Matsui Rena please come to the merry-go-round and please don’t attempt to hide. Let’s just say that a mouse squeaked and told us you would be here.” It was bizarre hearing such a gruff voice using such well-spoken language but what on earth did he mean by a mouse squeaking?

“Rena-chan how many people do you think are there? It must be more than ten right?” Jurina unhooked the door then began to open it.

“Wait Juri—” Before I could finish she had already leapt out of the capsule and onto the frame of the wheel. In one fluid motion Jurina rapidly bounced between the pipes and gracefully flipped down to the ground in a flash. She then dashed toward the merry-go-round and aimed her gun at the leader. They stood there for a couple of seconds before he lifted his rifle and began shooting at Jurina. Avoiding the bullets she dove behind one of the bobbing horses circling the ride and shot back at the group.

Eventually the capsule was close enough to the ground so that I could jump out and follow Jurina to the merry-go-round. From the distance I could see Jurina dancing between the horses, slowly picking off her enemies as she switched between attacking and hiding behind cover. By the time I got there her movements were beginning to become sluggish from the fatigue of her having to constant dodge bullets.

“Arrrggghh!” Jurina was clutching onto her shoulder trying to hold in the blood that was flowing out but she had managed to roll behind a carriage to hide from the continuous barrage of bullets. Still sprinting I reached under my jacket and took out my guns and put several bullets into two of the four men. This caused the other two turn around and point their guns at me but before they could pull their trigger I slammed my entire body weight into one of them and sent us crashing into the carriage that Jurina was hiding behind. I immediately picked myself up and joined Jurina before storm of bullets could get anywhere near me.

“Jurina are you ok? You can still shoot right?” She replied with a simple nod but she was clearly suffering from several cuts and grazes across her body and more importantly she was still holding onto her bleeding shoulder. “Right well give me your foot, I’m going to give you a boost and you’ll take him out.” I locked my hands together and Jurina out her foot on top of them. “Ready? Three, two, one…”

Using all my strength I launched Jurina high up into the air causing her to rise high up above the carriage. Her right hand still protecting her shoulder she shot multiple times hitting her target with every bullet and the clattering of the rifle finally ceased.

“Rena-chan, catch me!” Jurina was screaming as she came falling back down with her legs flailing around. Instinctively reacting I stuck out my arms and caught her by her shoulders and knees. Our faces were now dangerously close together, only a very thin layer of air separating our noses. Her gaze met mine and I felt myself being entranced by her beautiful eyes. Frantically I tried to look elsewhere but my eyes just kept being drawn back to the enchanting black pearls, they caused my cheeks to burn bright red and they grew rosier as her short shallow breaths brushed along them and onto my parted lips. Then for a split second I felt another moist, velvety sensation cover my lips then part away just as quickly. Jurina pulled away from me and had a shy grin across her face.

“That is your punishment for lying to me.” Her finger was accusingly pointing at me as she pursed her lips. “Now let’s go back home Rena-chan. Today was so fun but now I’m really tired.” She directed her hand over her mouth to stifle a drowsy yawn.

“I guess it was ok.” I sighed and headed toward the exit with Jurina still in my arms and my head in a spin. The lips that Jurina had just punished were still tingling with excitement. Maybe I should lie to her again sometime…

TBC

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [nori's fanfics] X | Chapter 5 [Updated 27.02.13] [Wmatsui]
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57:52 AM »
Hehe W Matsui having a little fun away from the violence :lol:

Cute ending to the chapter :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline hikari_043083

• Rena-ojousama's Gundam Caretaker
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »
Yay an update! Ooh, Rena's warming up to Jurina. This was really cute.

I'm going to do some reaserch on Black Cat, maybe find some episodes just to see what's up. Hmm, I guess I only guessed about say, 20%? From waht you said, I know for sure that it did not even reach 50%. I'm looking forward to what the real backstory and the truth is. I would not mind it if you make my heart stop and my head explode for a minute or two once the truth is out.

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »
hELLO NoRi-san ;D

I like the bonding of Rena-chan and Jurina in your chapter 5 of X

It's so funny and sweet at the same time ;)

Please Update Soon!

Thank You
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
@kurosawa87: Haha I was actually quite nervous about what you guys would think about the ending but I'm glad you liked it  :)

@hikari_043083: Hmm well I would say your above 50% maybe? The thing is there are two versions to that event and one of the versions it's pretty tough to guess and will probably never cross your mind until I reveal it *fingers crossed* and I really hope I can live up to your expectations and make this as exciting as possible  :nervous

@Wmatsui22: I've never really done a proper date chapter before so I'm relieved that you found it funny and sweet. Really means a lot and I'll update as soon as I can  :thumbup

A/N: Sorry guys no update of X this week but I’m sure many of you know that today/tomorrow (depends where you are) is a certain “someone’s” birthday so I decided to finally post the epilogue of my first ever fanfic, as a kind of “present” I would give Jurina a pairing. So here is the epilogue for “Tomodachi no Koibito” and I hope you guys enjoy but most importantly Happy birthday Jurina!

友達の恋人-Epilogue

The burning tyres screeched on the tarmac as it hurtled down the streets. I twisted the steering wheel in my hands to swing the car round the corner.

“Hurry up Rena otherwise we’re going to be late!” The girl in the passenger seat continued to complain about my driving even though I had already flown through several red lights just so we wouldn’t be late.

“Look if it wasn’t for you taking so long to decide what to wear then we wouldn’t be in this mess! So just shut up and let me drive!” My frustration had caused me to push even harder on the gas and the car went blitzing down the road.

“So you’re saying that you would be happy to just let me go to this wedding wearing any old rag? How can you be so insensitive about thi— Ah we just passed the church.” My foot slammed on the breaks, causing smoke to surround the vehicle as it came to a sudden halt. Bursting out of the car I grabbed Yuki’s hand rushed back down the road and up the gravelly path toward the great oak doors and opened them.

An overwhelming sense of relief hit me as there were only four other people in the room. My eyes were dazzled by the exquisite sight in front of me. Flowers were spread around the entire room looking over each of the empty wooden seats in the church. The vicar was sat at the towering organ busy looking through sheets of music for the service leaving two girls in bright dresses to chat amongst themselves in the aisle as the sunlight focused in on them.

“Ah Yuki-chan, Rena I’m so happy you made it in time.” Jurina spotted us and came marching out from the benches in her black suit. She had a huge smile on her face but there was a small amount of distress surrounding her, visible from her fiddling with the ends of her sleeves. Then again who could blame her for being nervous now; today is going to be the most important day of her life, though she would probably brush it off and say that one of her cup finals was more nerve racking. I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her over to the side and whispered to her.

“So you ready for this? I mean you’re going to be stuck with this girl for life after today and it can get quite tiring you know.” My head was jerking towards Yuki and Jurina started giggling at my behavior.

“What are you talking about Rena? You’ve always been completely infatuated with her and I’m the exact same—”

“Yeah, yeah I know the two of you are so madly in love that nothing can go wrong but trust me Jurina once the honeymoons over she’ll change.” Jurina just continued to laugh, not believing a single word I just said, until another hand grasped a hold of her shoulder as well as mine.

“You better not be talking about me dear. I wouldn’t want you to spoil such a special day by planting one of your strange ideas in Jurina’s head.” Like a vice her grip around me started to slowly tighten.

“Of… Of course not Yuki why would I do that?” Nervously stuttering over my words I gave her a sheepish grimace. Her dark beads just stared into my eyes, telling me that she wasn’t convinced about my reply. Before Yuki could interrogate me a voice rang out from behind us.

“Jurina what are you doing, you should be— Oh Rena-san, Yuki-san I hadn’t realized that you had arrived.” The girl politely bowed causing ripples to flow down her magnificent dress. As she rose back up she lifted her veil back up to reveal an accusing look on her beautiful face. “I hope Jurina hasn’t been bothering you too much.”

“What are you talking about Mayu they are our guests of course I’m going to talk to them.” Jurina returned Mayu’s look with a glare of her own and sparks started to fly between them. Their eyes then turned to me as I started to snicker at the childish pair.

“Sorry, it’s just really funny knowing that Jurina is about to marry the person that was the first person to beat her at a football match. I mean Mayu you should have seen her, she was acting like a zombie for a week.” Everyone other than Jurina began to laugh at the thought of the energetic girl limping around in a state of depression.

“Mou Rena that was seven years ago; it doesn’t matter now.” Jurina was giving me an unappreciative look and began to whine. “Plus Mayu and I have been playing for the same pro team for almost four years now.”

“Don’t worry Jurina-chan the year after when you beat us sis just kept crying every time she saw anything that was shaped like a football.” Miyuki came skipping across with her pink one piece fluttering in the breeze. She looked really pleased as her sister’s face gradually grew scarlet.

“Knock it off Miyuki I can’t be laid back about everything like you are, football just means so much to us. That’s why we’ve won all the trophies in the pros.” At this point only the bride and groom were the ones not bursting out in laughter.

“That’s why you’re so perfect for each other sis; you’ve always been so serious about football. In fact I bet that both you have only never loved another girl until now, it wouldn’t surprise me if you both still love football more than each other!” Miyuki was playfully poking Mayu’s rosy cheeks, probing for some kind of reaction.

“Hey that’s not true! It’s now Jurina first then football’s second, though you’re right about there being no one else…” The last part of Mayu’s reply was so subdued that I could barely hear it. She then turned to Jurina and squeezed herself onto her arm. “How about you Jurina? You do love me more than football right?” Jurina just kept stammering, unable to give an answer to her lover’s question. Mayu seemed to grow angry at the lack of response so I decided to lend her a hand.

“Don’t worry Mayu-san; I know for a fact that Jurina is absolutely crazy for you. It’s quite troublesome actually since she always mentions you whenever we have a conversation. As for the second part well I’m pretty sure that you’re her first love.” These words caused Mayu to blush even more and Jurina to become even more silent.

“Well actually…” It sounded like Jurina had finally decided to say something but she was so quiet that no one else noticed her apart from me. For some strange reason she was glancing at Yuki with a guilty expression. She then shut her eyes and let out a large sigh, relieving herself of whatever stress that was pent up in her. In one swift fluid motion she yanked Mayu round and planted her lips on top of the astonished girl’s. We were all stunned into silence by Jurina’s sudden display of affection. This was the first time that I witnessed Jurina kissing another person and not only that but it was a deep passionate kiss. After what felt like an age the pair finally parted, both their grinning faces flushed with excitement.

“Well we still have several things to go through before we get married so if you’ll excuse us.” Jurina and Mayu had a spring in their step as they waltzed back down the aisle to speak to the vicar.

“Jurina looks quite relieved now.” Standing next to me Yuki had a gentle look on her face as she watched over the enthusiastic couple.

“Of course she is. I mean you remember how nervous we were during our wedding; we couldn’t even repeat what the vicar was telling us to say then!” Just thinking about that day caused me to break out in a nervous sweat.

“No Rena that was only you who was that nervous I was perfectly fine.” Sometimes I just wished she would be slightly less blunt and just humor me. Yuki just continued in a sincere tone. “But this is different Jurina looks like she’s had some huge burden taken off of her. It looked like it had been bothering her for a long time.”

“Well now that you mention it... But I mean it might be a little carefree of me but I’m sure that if it was something that she wanted me to know then she would have already told me about it. Who knows maybe its better for all of us that we don't know about it? You just said she looks like she's sorted herself out so we shouldn’t worry about it and just enjoy their special day.” I flashed a smile across to Yuki and she replied with one.

“Hmmm well I guess that’s true. I’m sure there are plenty of things that you’ve told her instead of me.” Yuki gave a small pout at the end of her sentence and sat down at one of the benches. I followed and sat next to her and leant back, reaching my arm around her back and pulling her in for a small peck on the lips.

“You can’t really blame us right? I mean we have always been the greatest of friends.”

FIN

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
 :lol: that was extremely cute yet in a way the nervousness of the two reeally pulled them closer together
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline mayuki_daisuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JURINA-CHAN!! :on BDay:
awww jurimayu are getting married  :heart: :yep:
haha yuki and rena are funny, “You better not be talking about me dear."  :lol:
more please :bow: :cow:
My kami-oshi is Mayuyu, and my oshimen is Oku Manami.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba