JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: G.NA - Supa Solo (feat. Swings)

Author Topic: Ultimate Morning Musume Single Poll [B Round 1]  (Read 10852 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Ultimate Morning Musume Single Poll [B Round 1]
« on: November 28, 2010, 11:57:34 AM »
Welcome to the Ultimate Morning Musume single poll! :peace:

This poll was last held here in 2006, which means it's not one of those annoying polls that shirenu runs every year.

All Morning Musume singles (except Sakuragumi/Otomegumi) are included and have been randomly split into six teams, A - E. Each team has 7 or 8 songs.
3 songs with most points from each team will make it to round 2.

Because I would actually like you to watch the videos and listen to the songs before you vote, the threads are initially locked. They will be unlocked one by one every few days. Once all threads are unlocked, there are still 5 or so days left to vote; round 1 ends Monday December 13.

How to vote: List the 3 songs that you want to make it to the next round. That's all :lol:
Usually the polls are just everyone giving their votes, but if you want to explain why you voted each song, or what kind of thoughts came up while you were watching the videos, any babble is ok :3
I realize that a poll like this could be simply done with, you know, a poll machine. But I want people to actually reply. Mwahaha.

Round 2 will be open for 1 week, so until Monday Dec 20th. There will be teams A - C then, 3 songs from each will make round 3 again.

In round 3 the voting will possibly be different; I haven't decided yet. Suggestions are welcome. Either way the voting will end Dec 30 or so.

Any unbanned forum member is free to vote so go for it folks!

Songs to vote for in this team:

AS FOR ONE DAY
c/w - Never Forget (Rock Version)

Do It! Now
c/w - Chotto ikashita Pure Boy

Mikan
c/w - Bon kyu! Bon kyu! Bomb Girl

Naichau Kamo
c/w - Yowamushi

Nanchatte Renai
c/w - Aki Urara

Onna ni Sachi Are
c/w - Please! Jiyuu no Tobira

Osaka koi no uta
c/w - NATURE IS GOOD
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:47:20 AM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Ultime Morning Musume Single Poll [B Round 1]
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »
GODDAMN THIS ONE IS DIFFICULT

AS FOR ONE DAY
Do it! Now
Mikan

WHAT I was certain I'd vote Osaka Koi no Uta but I know that not many ppl are going to vote Mikan so I must. lol Osaka koi no uta has the Yossi fan support anyway :lol:

AS FOR ONE DAY I reckon is a song that has possibly the best line distribution ever. Aibon's intro, the first and last singing lines with Rika's little voice, Risa's "mou nakasanaide" etc. I think every line fits perfectly the person they were given. I don't remember any other song making me think this way. And also it is a lovely song and a beaaauuutiful video :heart:

Do it! Now was one of my very early favourites and I still think it's a cool song and video. The rap part is orsm. Nacchi drinking water :lol: Little emo Aichan etc. I love the choreography too!! It was the first MM single with a cool choreography like this, too. The previous ones were mostly hyper or cute or whatevs.

Mikan cheers me up a lot and is a bit underrated so I wanted to vote it even if I'm pretty sure it won't make it to round 2, especially in this tough competition!! But yeah, I listen to it a lot and it boosts up my energy level, so fuck yeah.

If I could vote one more song I'd vote Osaka Koi no Uta as mentioned above; I think it's a brilliant song and I love the dresses that they wear in the PV. I even like Tsunku's version of the song. :lol: And I love Tsunku's orgasming background harmonies in that song haha. But yeah I have no doubt that this song will do well even without my vote, as long as there are enough people voting so that one vote doesn't make a difference :sweatdrop:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:35:57 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Ultime Morning Musume Single Poll [B Round 1]
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:51:17 AM »
1. Do It! Now- It ended the Maki era and pretty much a good song to add a rap to
2. Osaka Koi no Uta- One of the best in using Special Effects and the last song to have Rika and Mari before the transition to Yossie in leadership and moving to a younger lineup
3. Onna ni Sachi Are- The start of the Takahashi leadership and the natural transformation from Japan-based to worldwide viewership
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: Ultimate Morning Musume Single Poll [B Round 1]
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 10:19:49 AM »
What do you mean I can pick only three from this group??? XD My first two choices are obvious but that third one is such a toss-up.

Nanchatte Renai - Best of the recent "Panda/Emo" era, and the Japanese buying public seems to agree with me. :P Love the different rhythms and hip-hop influence; piano intro deserves to be its own song.
Do It! Now - First Momusu song I ever explored, helping me learn who's who. Awesome beat and "rap" bridge with everyone getting a decent appearance.
As For One Day - Another early favorite of mine, simultaneously relaxing and upbeat. Seems to be the only Momusu song I ever hear playing at Kinokuniya. :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »
1. Nanchatte Renai
2. Onna ni Sachi are
3. Do it now

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
Do It! Now - video which made me fall in love with Mari
AS FOR ONE DAY - song that made me fall for aibon and H!P in some extent...
Osaka koi no uta - last video ft. Mari which actually made me leave H!P for a while...

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »
Holy...why are all the good songs together?!?!?! DDDD:

1. Nanchatte Renai - I freaking love this song still. Risa's hairstyle is so much win. And Ai looks like an angel in the white version. Even my friend who isn't a huge fan of Momusu loves this song.
2. Do it! Now - How can you not love this song? :lol: It's so Japanese ghetto-licious. And I love the all black outfits. Though my favorite part is the rapping. I love TakaGaki rapping~~~ :heart:
3. AS FOR ONE DAY - There's something about this song that I really like. The chorus~~~

Honorable mentions include all the rest of the songs in this poll. *_*

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 03:42:39 PM »
1. Nanchatte Renai - Ai and Reina looks freakin hot :cow:

2. Do it! Now - actually I like aichan solo do it! now more than the original one :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Naichau Kamo - cuz...i just love it :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
As For One Day- I love the video and song. I feel nostalgic when I listen to (and watch) this.
Do it Now - I like the song and video. I can't really express my feelings for this song.
Nanchatte Renai- I really like the song, and the acting of the girls in the PV. I also like the fast pace of the ending arch of the song.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
Making us vote like this sould be a crime. Why only three songs? Why?! Arghh, it's so difficult to choose! :frustrated: Let's see...

As for one day.
Do it! Now.
Mikan

As for one day: The intro with Aibon melts my heart everytime. Rika here is gorgeus, and I fell in love with her voice even more the first time I heard this song.  All the "Ah~" are awesome too. And as shirenu said, I loved the lines distribution in this one. I find the song very catchy, and the video is lovely. So colorful with all those umbrellas  :heart:

Do it! Now: I would have voted this even if the whole song was only the rap part. GOD, it's one of my favourite parts of all MM songs. All the girls are SO awesome there. I could look at it for hours.  And Maki and Nacchi. I absolutely adore those two in this song. Little Lovely and Gaki are adorable too. And I don't know, I really like the song, the rhytm, and the dance too, is cool.

Mikan: This song and video are just  lovely, and the lyrics so inspiring. It always put me in high spirits. I like a lot the clothes and hair styles they have here, and that effect in the eyes for the close-up. And the photos! All those little musumes are aww :heart: Really, this song is adorable. Life is one time ~

I was sure of the two firsts votes, but the third... was veery difficult. I would have like to vote Naichau Kamo, or Osaka Koi no Uta. Osaka is such a classic <3 But I think it will get a lot of votes even without my help. As for Naichau Kamo... All those crying faces are just too much (especially Ai-chan's) :cry: And those leather jackets are too damn sexy. Just look at JunJun. I'm not a JJ raving fan, but she is  totally :drool: there. And Eri. And Ai. And everyone lol.  But anyway, I think Mikan will need more help with the votes, so there.

Aaw, I would have happily give my vote to all of them though...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:40:44 PM by Tightrope »

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 05:24:01 PM »
1) DO IT! NOW.  Not that it matters but consider how important Tsunku considers this single, making virtually every member cover or take part in a redo.  If Gocchan had this kind of solo material she'd never leave H!P.

2) OSAKA KOI NO UTA.  A little too much Tsunku in the vocal mix.  Still a hot, hot tune.

3) ONNA NI SACHI ARE.  Underrated tune, IMO.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 06:00:51 PM »
1. Nanchatte Renai
2. Osaka koi no uta
3. Mikan

:bleed eyes: and this voting will just get increasingly difficult aaaaah :panic:

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 06:05:05 PM »
As others have mentioned- these are a lot of great songs, shame to leave any out, but here goes:
1) Do It! Now- Must thank strawb3rrykream for one of the great descriptions- "Japanese ghetto-licious" and that it is! The members were so mature and beautiful in the black outfits, a big change from wearing stage costumes. And the various pairings and trios were great- Konkon and Maki together- Brilliant! and a frigging good song to top it off. Great line distribution.
2)AS FOR ONE DAY- Ai Kago opening lines- mesmerizing. And Kaori's solo lines remind the viewer of two things- a) her voice is so beautiful, and b) She is a stunningly beautiful woman. The "ah's" were a great touch. Damn cool song
3)Osaka koi no uta - If I had to give one reason, it would be Miki! Color me wrong, but there has not been two finer voices in MM than Miki and Ai Takahashi, and this song had those two voices. And speaking of voices, the male voice mixed in there works well in this song, and throw in the angel costumes, and you got a real contender, I tell ya!
Further comment- Nanchatte Renai- great song......but minature hats belong in the trash bin, right on top of the pile of GIANT bows. It is all about scale, and those mini hats look like they found a bunch of discarded Dick Tracy dolls, and ripped off the hats to use as costume pieces. It's like those giant, neck breaking bows that a former member of MM likes to wear. In the case of the bows- less is more! In the case of the mini hats- Bigger is better!

Offline MyDearYossi

• みきよし
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Daisuki da yo~
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »
1. As for one day
2. Do it! Now
3. Osaka koi no uta

Offline renzoku

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kamei Hame Ha !!!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »
1. Do it! Now
2. Osaka koi no uta
3. Onna ni Sachi Are

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
Do It! Now
Mikan
Osaka Koi no Uta

shirenu <3

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline digital clone

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 07:41:20 PM »
1. Onna ni Sachi Are:   It reminds me of Suki Sugite Baka Mitai by Def.Diva.
2. Mikan
3. Nanchette Renai

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 09:04:49 PM »
Nanchatte Renai
Onna ni Sachi Are
Do It! Now
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 05:38:38 AM »
1. As For One Day
2. Do It! Now
3. Mikan

Offline kamadake2000

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 06:08:15 AM »
1. Naichau Kamo
2. Nanchatte Renai
3. Osaka koi no uta

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: G.NA - Supa Solo (feat. Swings)