JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Last Christmas

Author Topic: [NEWS] Rika Ishikawa Guest of Honor at New York Anime Festival (10/08 - 09)  (Read 47091 times)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+

DAMN Rina the Robot sorry lost you, in all my Rika crazy-ness. Hope we can meet up tmr if u still in town.

You didn't really lose me, I had to slip out ASAP since I ditched my friends for 2 hours to get a good seat for the panel  :lol: I'll be at the con again today, maybe I'll see you around.

IT WAS SO AWESOME SEEING RIKA FOR THE FIRST TIME!
rina ♥ mini

Offline youjok

• Member+

Offline diav

• Member+
"I'M SAD THAT HANGRY'S NOT HERE WITH ME" with the second video.
Yeyeyeyeyeyeye, 1444-ness.

I love her "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh?!?!" SO cute.

Offline Jeshu_1444

• Member+
  • いしよし love!
Awwwww :panic: :panic: :panic
I just love her cuteness...her simplicity...
SHE IS SO KAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE RIKAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :farofflook::heart: :heart: :heart:
 :luvluv1: :tantrum:
~hidden LOVE <3~ xD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ JESHU!!! TRU!!! DIAV YOUJOK CAZZ:heart: :heart: I love we got a chance to do the "yea yea yea yea yea yea" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! OMGASS SHI RIKA WAS SO BEAUTIFUL

RIKA CHAN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
more stalking Rika footage, after 1st autograph session:

THEN!! after the Fashion Show, Rika appeared to answer a few questions!!!??!  :panic:

After 2nd autograph session, me and Hart chased after her one more time. saw her posing!

EVERYONE!!

To make any H&A tour possible, there has to be MUCH more support for the CD releases to make that happen.
Go to http://Japanfiles.com and http://HellostoreUSA.com to buy the CD, and at all the Anime Conventions that they will appear at in the future.

THAT IS THE BEST way to make a H&A tour a reality. :jphip: :jphip: :jphip:

The whole Rika Experience Part Three was incredible, she is such a pro yet so down to earth to ALL her fans, here's to more to come!!  :otomerika: :rikabunny

I hope we can all experience her together one day! I'll write a proper report shortly so many funny details!! Like when she messed up saying Yossi instead of hANGRY. :otomerika: :yossi:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:10:19 AM by daigong »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
this would probably be my last post in the chuuch. guess that sealed PB will probably remained sealed

all of those reports..and i was stuck at home being called a heterosexual..then beat up. not even going to get into it, regardless, there just won't be a tour..sides, we're not even good like the japanese crowd. we're just never going to have a tour, new album, or even them coming back

Offline diav

• Member+
this would probably be my last post in the chuuch. guess that sealed PB will probably remained sealed

all of those reports..and i was stuck at home being called a heterosexual..then beat up. not even going to get into it, regardless, there just won't be a tour..sides, we're not even good like the japanese crowd. we're just never going to have a tour, new album, or even them coming back
CKD!  Don't be so negative about it!!  Be positive!  I'm sure if all the h&A, Rika, and Yossy fans out there support them, UFA will notice it and send them overseas again for a tour.

I think that Yossy and Rika are actually really surprised they have a good fan base overseas.  That would just make them want to tour overseas even more.  I think in one of their interviews, they both mentioned that they love how the overseas fans are different from the Japanese fans (in terms of how they behave at concerts and such).

Be optimistic about it!  I'm sure they'll have another tour soon.  If not a tour, then another single.  I think UFA knows that h&A are attracting fans outside of Japan, especially since Dan Merlot is a pretty well-known DJ in the States/Los Angeles too.

THEN!! after the Fashion Show, Rika appeared to answer a few questions!!!??!  :panic:

...//cut for length!//

The whole Rika Experience Part Three was incredible, she is such a pro yet so down to earth to ALL her fans, here's to more to come!!  :otomerika: :rikabunny

I hope we can all experience her together one day! I'll write a proper report shortly so many funny details!! Like when she messed up saying Yossi instead of hANGRY. :otomerika: :yossi:

omg.  Rika. so. cute!
Cat-o... cat-o-wa-ru-ku? lololol I love how she pronounced 'catwalk'.

"FASHION CHECK!" ahahahahaha, man, I love that part.

What surprised me the most out of the video was Gashicon's voice. LOL  I didn't realize it was so deep!  Hahaha.

AND YES TO A NORTH AMERICAN PERFORMANCE.  UFA, please show Central Canada some love. lol  :wub:

AND YES TO THE REPORT ABOUT HER SLIP-UP WITH SAYING HANGRY.  Ahahaha.

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
ZOMG I JUST GOT HOME FROM NYAF AND RIKA TIME THIS WEEKEND ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

I'll edit this post after i collect myself and find my camera LOL

BUT IN SHORT, IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY FREAKING LIFE!

Offline Novaforever

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Queen of HALCALI
*dying slowly*

Got home a bit ago, been collecting and reviewing pictures.  I have no video cause my cellphone sucks for that and my camera is a turd so nothing good from that either.  I have a few decent pics from my cell, plus my friend took pics for me.  Woo!

Rika at panel.  Me and kjpop were second row centaaaah!

The original Kill Me Kiss Me outfits as worn by real life goddesses.  No cameras were allowed, but I took this on my cell as I pretended to be texting.  Hence blur/poor lighting/general suckage.  But at least it was something.

Giant wall 'o  H&A at the fashion show.  Me coyly touchin' their boobies as it will be the closest I'll ever get.

Did a selca with Gashicon cause she was really sweet.  She took time to draw me H&A and talk to me even though her booth was madness.  I want to give her all my money for her clothes.

Group shot!  Us and wota + new fans~!

Too much to talk about.  Too many stories to tell. 

Highlights

1.  kjpop and I walked up to Rika, we were first in line for autographs on Friday.  I asked her in Japanese to do 'Hapiii~' with us.  She did.  We peed our pants.

2.  At the fashion show, they asked if we would go to a US tour.  I started screaming and fist pumping, so kjpop joined in.  THEN RIKA JOINED IN.  All 3 of us fist pumping for America tour = priceless.

3.  Her asking where to eat and us yelling "pizza cone."  We then explained to her the culinary delight of having pizza shaped like a cone.  She said she wanted to try it.

4.  Giving her a traditional NYC souvenir of that New York City shirt from Glee.  Haha.  She smiled and thanked us a lot~  Also gave the same shirt to sumi-chan from the j-wotas.

5.  Meeting up with jphip peeps  REPRESENT!!!  Dinner out was great fun even if I was about to pass out from exhaustion at that point!

6.  Going out to dinner with all the j-wota.  It was an effin mind blowing cultural experience.  I can't even.  We learned so much about how they view their fandom of Rika... I could write a book on that 4 hour dinner haha. 

Kjpop has all the hot vid action etc.  I'm sure she can fill in the gaps from my shoddy numerical listing.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
Working on uploading my pics and vids of Rika this weekend. If you happen to have me on Facebook then you would have seen the massive collection of pics that I took on Saturday.  :D

I do hope that Ishiyoshi will come back, hopefully to perform. Still waiting for a new album or single.

And ckd:

STOP WHINNING!!

There will be other chances to meet Rika, Yossi, and other idols that you like. With that kind of negative attitude you'll never accomplish anything.

I only have 1 (minor) regret out of this: I haven't shown off my japanese to Rika. Next time I'll be more prepared.

Offline lilcazza

• Member+
  • ~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~
Hahahaha daigong xD “oooh that guy saw me”
“I’m not a good stalker, I’m not a good stalker” hahahaha xDD
“we’re not crazy, we’re just perverted” LOL

And I hate you all for meeting Rika AND Gashicon D:
Gashicon so cool!! Love her style~ And we already know Rika's awesome xD

And that last video... “oh she saw us!” “way to go, daigong” xD

Glad that you all had LOTS of funfunfunfunfun!!!! WHOOO!
Yossy instead of hANGRY = WIN xD

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! WHOOOO JPHIIIIIPPPP!!! :D

Offline kiwichan08

SO yeah.. I went to NYCC/NYAF on Saturday..... It was a CRAP LOAD of people there.... and had to endure a lot of sweaty people pushing and shoving.. but even so... it was all worth it...
because of Rika LOL.
She was absolutely WONDERFUL. She was just SOO CUTE and SOO ADORABLE!!! The way she talked, moved, smiled, laughing, got embarassed.. EVERYTHING was SO CUTE and just *spazzes*.
She def. knows how to make fans go crazy :D (like my friend Aki (kjpop) XD XD she was dying)

I really hope that there will be a Hangry and Angry tour. So please people, support and buy the CDS!!!!!!!!

H&A need an American Tour!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jeshu_1444

• Member+
  • いしよし love!
THERE WILL BE H&A TOUR MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!

I'm 1ooooo% sure!!!! :yossi:
(at least in North America)...so STAY POSITIVE 'cause the GIRLS are gonna be there  :cow:
I've just died after seeing all the Rika's stuff you gathered  :imdead:
CONGRATULATIONS guys...EXCELLENT JOB!!!

PS: Awww...Rikachan saying Yossie instead of Hangry!!! :wub:
~hidden LOVE <3~ xD

Offline youjok

• Member+
NYCC NYAF Hangry Angry Fashion Show

New York Comic Con & Anime Festival 2010 in pics (part 1)
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/10/new_york_comic.html

NYAF/NYCC Day 2: Saturday Oct 10, 2010
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/16359254.html

Offline kjpop

• DAT ASS!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
LOL So i had every intention of posting these pictures/videos up last night but I seriously just couldn't keep my eyes open ahah I guess this is better late than never!

So I arrived in NY around like 9AM and seriously, the first thing I spotted with Novaforever while we were walkin' along the streets of NY was a hANGRY & ANGRY street banner thing. LEGIT!

Then after grabbing some pizzacones (REPPPPPIN!!!) to fuel up for the rest of the day, we headed over to the convention center! We dropped by the h.Naoto booth in the comiccon section and seriously, Gashicon was just chillin' there in the booth, folding clothes, taking pics, signing whatever you wanted her to sign! SHE WAS SUCH A SWEETIE!

Afterwards, we made our way to the NYAF section of the con and literally loitered and SAT our asses down in front of the kinokuniya booth at least 2-3 hours before Rika's autograph session LOL Call us crazy, but hey LOL we wanted to be first!

Rika had appeared like at least an hour to 30 minutes before she was supposed to sit at her table and I caught sight of her before many other people did. LOL I think what gave it away was my hyperventilating LOL I seriously started to like cry ahhahahah xD This was like a split second encounter and she walked backstage somewhere with her posse ahah

I'm first in line for the Firday autograph session and I brought my guitar for her to sign! Despite being obviously jetlagged (as mentioned by the several workers manning the booth) she was nothing but smiles! Really, she was smiling from ear to ear and was sooooo happy to see everyone.

SPEAKING OF HAPPY! Novaforever asked Rika is she could do the "Happy" pose with me and her and she TOTALLY did! It's such a shame we couldnt capture that moment on video (DSFHSLHFLKSFLKSFSFLSDF*%&*($#($#^#) but let it be known, Ishikawa Rika did HAPPY~ with us! ahha

And my guitar <3 Now to get Yossi to sign it and gashicon to draw H&A on it! It'll be so complete!~

After she signed our stuff, Nova and I jumped back into line LOL cuz we're just that hardcore hahahha This time around, her manager ( we think she's the manager anyway lol) finally warmed up to us and we seemed to have gotten a less than silent seal of approval from her ahha YA BABY, NETWORKING! I got my Sadistic Dance CD signed by rika as well this time around. After us, there was pretty much no one left so Rika was gonna be off her way~ But of course, like crazy rika ninja fans we were, WE DASHED after her LOL Dai was with us too LOL We seriously tackled and dodged every person in our way to keep up with Rika. We kept a safe distance mind you, cuz we're crazy but not stupid =P We finally let her go through the escalator and she caught sight of us and waved back <3

After our mad dash around the con, few pics were taken (i never got around to taking one of my own of the crew T__T sad times lol) and we were directly off to FIT to see the H&A exhibit. Oh wait, jk about not taking a group pic LOL it's a bad and blurry shot, but whatever lol

That picture that I recorded in that video was seriously EVERYWHERE! It was on 3 different doors and 3 different walls, IN ADDITION to that one in the video. The girls are getting madddddd reps! and here's the pamphlet they gave out at FIT:

The exhibition was really baller! I didn't take any pics cuz the security was all up on my grill while i was there, so i decided to just sit down and admire the view. They had this video on rotation down there and thank lawd they did!

Iight so here's day 2! I swear I'm good luck or something LOL cuz seriously, we once again arrived to the venue MAD early. We managed to get through the clusterfuck of people and got to the entrance of the area where rika's fashion show was going to be. While waiting outside, we found a station/exhibit table inside that had this awesome H&A towel/picture thing from their Kill Me Kiss Me video =D

AND AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH! Once again, I caught sight of RIKA walking RIGHT PASSED US! She recognized us from the day before, smiled and waved! SHE HAD NO WIG ON! I REPEAT SHE HAD NO WIG ON! She had her regular, GORGEOUS TO THE MAX lightish brown hair (seriously, that woman is only even more gorgeous in person AND PETITE TO THE MAX!) and regular casual clothes on. Seriously, we were FREAKING out LOL and she walked away towards the area where the fashion show would be and we stood there as our legs gave out LOL

We made a mad dash to line up for the fashion show and we were, as always LOL, the first people there xD

I found these girls waiting in line with us cuz i seriously got bored just standing there LOL They were legit yo~

FINALLY we walked into the venue and here's the intro vid that was playing:

After the models did their thang~ OUR GIRL APPEARS! LOOKING HOTTER THAN FIRE AND WORKIN THAT CATWALK LIKE NO OTHER! Note: I freakin' LOVED the music they played LOL

(blurry pic from my phone >_< sorry i was trying to work 2 cameras at once ahha)

Then she walked away LOL but Gashicon came out and had a Q&A and she was mad sweet! I kinda regret not having enough battery life on my camcorder to record her segment =[

Afterward, rika's manager got the crowd PUMPED for her appearance so we were like WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOO! etc etc LOL Everyone was like RIKA RIKA RIKA~! but the manager was like, "There's no rika here!" and it was awkward silence. Then the lightbulb just flashed above my head and i screamed, "ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY!" FWAHAHHAHAHHAHH success!!!

OH LAWD! And here's one of my favorite videos recorded from that 1st interview segment. Even though it's a bit shaky and obscure, Novaforever and I started fist pumping around 0:33 when she and i are screaming DO ITTTTTT! ahhaha It's mad shaky cuz i was fist pumping too LOL but she made eye contact and totally fist pumped with us HAHAHHAHHAHHA This is also the part where it was strongly hinted that H&A was up for a North American USA tour. I SAY YES! SPREAD THE WORD GUYS, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! :jphip:

After that mad intense screaming, we lined BACK up ONCE AGAIN LOL for her 2nd interview session LOL once again, front of the line (we are so crazy xD) Gashicon randomly appeared out of nowhere at one point ahhah and she signed stuff and drew stuff for Rika ahha we LOVE her =D

And we ran into Dai again and he started pimpin out what he brought/made lol

Ran into this chick who was rockin out a 3nin Matsuri outfit! she was legit!

Anywho, now it's time for the personal Q&A. I only got to take one picture throughout the whole thing with my camcorder because I tried to record the whole thing. The ones i took from my phone were MADDD blurry ahha I could only upload the 1st bit where she was walking in LOL cuz the other half was 48 minutes long. Be patient, i'm uploading that half via megaupload haha

After all that silly fun LOL We went back in line to ready ourselves for the 2nd round of autographs. We went in line twice LOL EVEN IF THE LINE CIRCLED THE VENDORS AREA! It was MUCH longer and a great turn out on saturday, but we still managed to hit Rika up twice! She looked  much more tired this time around =[ but she was still being a good sport about it and being all smiles =D What a trooper <3

Also, we got her a souvenir this time around from NYC =D It's the Glee NYC with splatter paint shirt lol Here's the message we wrote:

GROUP PIC!

And that was pretty much it for the convention. We ran into the j-wota for dinner and chatted it up like crazy! They gave me and novaforever and our other friends some mad awesome insight on what Rika's like. They got me green with MAD envy when they showed us some pics from her dinnershows and bahhh i seriously wanted to cry LOL They got to shake her hand (which are apparently reallly really small and incredibly soft X__X) and she apparently smells heavenly LOL im boiling in rage xD

Anywho, I'm really sorry about my craptastic pics and my shaky videos with my obnoxious laughter/commentary. It's hard to keep yourself thinking straight when you're in the presence of perfection!

HANG TIGHT FOR THAT MEGAUPLOAD VIDEO! SO MUCH EPIC IN SO LITTLE TIME!

EDIT: HERE IT IS! 2nd half of the 2nd Q&A Uploaded!

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=MSL9TCKH
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:18:56 PM by kjpop »

Offline Novaforever

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Queen of HALCALI
I wrote up an editorial-type piece on the convention and Rika being a goddess at TokyoHive!

Hopefully getting the news of Hangry & Angry and their desire to do a US tour out there will help drum up more interest and support and make this a complete inevitability.  Plus many thanks to the jphip-ers like kjpop and ping who contributed pics for the cause!

Maybe it'll get people to check out jphip as well haha!

http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/10/ishikawa-rika-in-america-makes-special-appearance-at-nyaf-2010/

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
I wish I was there but i have to say, out of all MM, I think Rika has the best stage presence

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
JPHiP World Tour 2010 part 812,653 just ended. Just saw Dai off to his hotel for the last time until he goes back to Canada. I'm still trying to digest this whole awesome weekend. Already looking forward to the next time.

So looking back, here are some pics from Friday at the New York Comic Con/Anime Festival

Will post pics from Saturday tomorrow.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3

The rest of the pics are in my FB albums.

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
Woo Ive been so busy with school lately =( but reading your reports and seeing pics and videos make me happy  :twothumbs
Looks like you all had fun!

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Awww cute  XD

Wish I could have gone but the SMTown concert took all my money for a whiiiiiiiile XD
Rika looked so cute!  :heart:
Thats so cool how Gashicon drew Angry for Rika. Gashicon seems very nice!
I hope both Yossy and Rika can return to the US. Glad you all had fun! Thanks for all the pics, videos, and reports!
Oh! Also loved Rika's gifts. Loving the Red Bulls Jersey!!!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Last Christmas