JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL

Author Topic: Mobile Phone Discussion / Survey THREAD!!  (Read 19340 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Mobile Phone Discussion / Survey THREAD!!
« on: August 22, 2010, 01:38:44 AM »
Mobile Phone Discussion / Survey THREAD!!

For all you mobile cell phone honks, here's where u can unload :ondick:

What kinda phone?

What cell phone plan do you have?
What carrier?

Funny stories with cell phone customer service?
Funny stories where you cell phone has been?

What phones you looking forward to?

You JPHiP Browsing experience?

etc.
etc.

DISCUSS!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Mobile Phone Discussion / Survey THREAD!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:51:21 AM »
I have the HTC Hero and recently upgraded it to the Android 2.1 operating system (used to be 1.5). Not as easy as an iPhone update where you just press a button and it does it for you, I had to do some searching before being told that Orange, my service provider, were not permitting the release of 2.1 for whatever reason. It was strange as other service providers in the UK were doing it but not them. Funny enough as I found out about this, a group on Facebook started up basically demanding it happened and about a week later I had to go to the HTC website and download the ROM for it. So I had to download the ROM and run it, but at the cost of upgrading it had to delete everything I had on it. Text messages, any multimedia files I had, apps and even my contact list. But it's all done now, all good, and it runs even better. Very pleased with the HTC Hero, I'd gladly recommend it for someone who's looking to get a relatively cheap smartphone. I actually got mine for £40 as I was able to get a phone upgrade due to the Orange contract. I was either going to go with the HTC Tattoo or the Sony Ericsson Mini Experia for free but the reviews said the touchscreens were restrictive and there was less power than others from the same company. It's understandable, it's an option for people who want a smartphone dirt cheap, I just felt that with the extra £40 I could get something a bit more substantial and bang for my buck.

My ringtone is the instrumental version of 'Reach Out To The Truth' from the Persona 4 soundtrack:

And my message ringtone is the victory fanfare from FFVII

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »
I got some broke ass Motorola Rival (given to me, would never buy this). It's a slider. The touch screen ONLY works for dialing, but who manually dials regularly? Even worse, it's faster and more reliable just to use the physical keys on the keyboard. :doh: The two shoulder buttons are touchvibration sensitive, so I'm always going into menus I don't want to. The keyboard is tiny but acceptable. The software is bizarre and makes me sad. The call quality is horrible.

LEAST BALLER SHIT EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Verizon isn't terrible in their service, at least.

I want a fancy Android-supporting phone, but I don't got the dough right now. Got that Droid 2 and Droid X out soon or something? :hump:

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
While ago my LG KM900 Arena crapped out so I had to buy a new phone. I was looking for a cheap Android based phone and found the LG GT540. It has the old 1.6 version of Android but I heard there's a OS update coming for this phone (hoping the update would be to 2.1  :nervous). So far the phone has been pretty awesome. OS is fairly straightforward and easy to use and it's fast. Browser loads pages well and it's smooth (zooming works by a +- button).

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »
I still have my (now) rather old Sony Ericsson K800 but hey, it had a front and back camera decades before iphone so it's cool~ (though I never use the front one).
Pretty much all I do with my mobile phone is receiving text messages and sometimes sending them so any phone would work. Actually I use it more as camera than as phone.

Browsing the web with a smartphone sounds fun, especially getting android idol pb apps so if I ever have money I'll get some android phone and a carrier that has an internet flatrate since without such I would never use the internet on my phone I think (like my phone already has a browser but I never go online since it's too expensive...).

One of my previous mobile phones was the Siemens on daigong's pic (third from left) :lol:
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »
I have a Sony Ericsson Z520i. It's... quite old, but still fully functional (except the 5 key which doesn't alway register that I press it xD ). It has camera and bluetooth, but I rarely use those things ^^;  I bought it because it's a clamshell, and I love clamshell phones. I still haven't spotted any good replacement for it (... except in Japan, but can't use those phones in Norway T___T ), so I'll just hold on to it until some other pretty clamshell becomes available.

My ringtone is Kaizers Orchestra's Maestro, and my message received alert is Janove Ottesen (Kaizers Orchestra's vocalist) saying "Ding, ding, you've received a message" (in Norwegian). xD;;;; Though I always have my phone on silent mode, so I never really get to appreciate the alerts :P

Oh yeah, and if you call me and get to my voice mail, you'll hear Veronica Mars picking up the phone... it was a prank thing that I recorded and put up as my voice mail ages ago, and now I don't know how to change it 8D Extremely embarrassing, especially when you call voice mail and hear your boss leaving a confused message on there. Ffffff.

Offline moleculebrain

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 10:20:50 PM »
After two years with a terrible Samsung Blast I finally got an iPhone when the 4th gen came out. I have been liking it. The reception problems haven't cropped up for me, and I've been lucky enough not to drop it yet. The down side: $75 a month!

Offline dawnofice

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »
What kinda phone? Recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S

What cell phone plan do you have? bought it with a $67 one year contract, either that or a 2 year contract with $54
What carrier? Vodafone AU

What phones you looking forward to? THis is the phone i was looking forward to :D

You JPHiP Browsing experience? good, clear screen. 4inch screen is amazing.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »
DAMN SON. can't wait for my bill

source: http://mobilesyrup.com

HOLY SHIT! Fido gets Android: http://www.androidincanada.ca/news/first-fido-android-phone-now-available-the-acer-liquid-e/

I can finally unload my Motorola v235

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 02:38:15 AM »
Currently, I have a Palm Centro.  I've used Palm PDAs for years, and this smartphone can do pretty much everything I want.  Unfortunately, Palm seems to have very little of the market now, and it seems like all new apps I hear about are made for iPhone and Android devices.  I had planned to upgrade to a Palm Pre or a newer webOS device, if one came out, but given the points just noted, I'm looking at switching to Android.  At the moment, I'm kind of debating between the HTC Evo and the Samsung Epic, both 4G devices on Sprint.  They seem fairly close in most aspects -- does anyone have some input on these, perhaps some things that are worth noting but not obvious from specs?  Thanks!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »
This discount brand I use, Fido Fucking Fail. I gotta change plans, been hit with massive roaming, currently going at a minimal plan by month basis.

Now this. with a bunch of cheap companies popping up like Wind and mobilcity, it makes you wonder!!! :catglare:

Offline aphelionx

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 06:27:14 AM »
I always wanted to get a docomo phone, but in Singapore the 3G doesn't work and it cost like 800 SGD
So i feel that there's no point in buying a phone that's so expensive and can't use 3G service.
In the end I got a IPhone4 instead. I really love my phone now lol

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
Added a Windows Phone 7 to the mix (Samsung Omnia 7):

Smoooooth...

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »
Hmmm, now that I actually have a real job I'm thinking about getting myself a new phone. I still love my Z520i, but it would be good to have a phone I can do gadgety stuff with (like... update twitter, maybe even upload pictures? 8D; ). My problem is that I don't like the look of most current phones :/ I don't want an iPhone (I already have an iPod Touch and an iPad, it would just feel like total overkill @___@; )... I'd love a clamshell style phone, but I'm having trouble finding... wish I could say "a good one", but I'm having trouble finding clamshell phones in general. :(

Any tips? 8D What's the trendiest girly phone right now? I tend to like girly phones, even though I hate that they market stuff specially for girls 8D Hahaha.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 12:03:19 AM »
^
Done and done~

I'm now the proud owner of a Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10. It's a brilliant phone, I'm in looooove *o*!!

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »
I have these phones:

-Nokia 500 (now in use)
-Nokia 1100 (reserve, display isn't working well)
-Nokia 1112 (reserve, working)
-Nokia 3310 (broken)
-Nokia 2626 (reserve, working)
-Nokia 3120 (display broken)
-Nokia 3120 Classic (display broken)

Offline Sasshii

• Loli Hunter
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • http://sasshii.tumblr.com
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:22 AM »
I have the iPhone 4s. It's pretty nice, but it's kind of annoying because almost everyone has them (at least where I live) and anywhere I go there's like seriously, ten other people with the same phone as me. Also both my close friends have the iPhone 4s too (all three of us have it in white too)
Although I will admit that I would much rather have this phone than the shitty Nokia phone I had previously. The only thing I have to complain about it is that there's no built in hole to put a strap through.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 04:32:38 AM »
I have an old Blackberry because it's the only phone that works here. Still does most things OK - just a lot of looking at that rotating clock icon.

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »
My Nokia 500 with Symbian Belle have worked well. I got it for Christmas gift 2011

Offline soon-kyu

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
What kinda phone?
- I have a samsung galaxy s4

What cell phone plan do you have?
- unlimited text/picture message/calling everywhere in canada, voicemail/call display. and 3gig worth of data for 61$ including tax a month.
What carrier?
- Bell
Funny stories with cell phone customer service?
- not really funny, but it took me atleast 10-15 mins to actually say ' hey i want an s4, what plan do you recommend, and BAM i have everything settled in 15 mins ' Quick service. it is so far the best plan in the market because others are a rip off when it comes to data.
Funny stories where you cell phone has been?
- under my pillow, couldn't find the thing for an hour.. the ringtone was muffled through the pillow so calling it didnt work
What phones you looking forward to?
- nothing really. im pretty happy with my phone right now, its one of the best in the market i believe.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL