JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chocolat - One More Day

Author Topic: The Girl Rock Thread  (Read 47066 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 03:24:09 AM »
I've heard of pistol valve. Haven't listened to them much though. I think they're gonna play areound here with GO!GO!8177 later this year, so I might go see them live.

Eu Phoria released their debut single on valentines day so It's probably for that.

Offline star_f

The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2007, 08:09:17 AM »
"EU PHORIA" is nice

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 09:04:48 AM »
EU PHORIA is uberHAWT.  I have a rip of their single actually, it's decent but 'Valentine Jealousy' is easily their best song so far.  Thanks for the PV, btw.

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »
Quote from: boykun;311903
Here's a fairly new band in the vein of Nakanomori BAND.
I came across them when I was watching PopJam. They're under the same label as Nakanomori BAND.

I don't think they're under the same label since Nakanomori Band is under Imperial Records and Eu Phoria under Avex/Vision Factory. Unless they're both the same.
Seen two of their PVs and I'm definetly looking out for them.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 01:02:52 PM »
On their site, Nakanomori BAND is also listed under artist, which led me to presume them to be in the same label. So, I'm not actually sure.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2007, 11:29:13 PM »
I finally got to listen to eu phoria's single... I have to say that I'm dissappointed... The other two songs were pretty boring.  I like the original single bed, and this version just sounded like any other slow pop song >_>

Valentine Jealousy is still a bad ass song though so I'll stay and see what else they come out with.

Offline S+S

The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 08:30:15 AM »
Here's the pv "Hey!" of EU PHORIA

Caps..

I really prefer "Valentine Jealousy" than "hey!" ...

Offline aznanimedude

• Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 02:50:38 PM »
i thought i'd heard of these people before....did someone say something about euphoria doing covers of ZONE songs or something?
>___< maybe i'm just being weird again XD

Offline S+S

The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 07:28:43 AM »
Today I finally listened to the single.. and I prefer the original "Single Bed" song too.. I don't like too much the "hey!" song... :pen_no: I just saw the "hey!" video once and I never saw it again :ONxD:  BUT I really like the "Valentine Jealousy" song... nice nice... The video is pretty cool too

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2007, 04:38:44 PM »
I just posted the CD+DVD rips from EU PHORIA's first single in the "ass"! :)

http://forum.jphip.com/showthread.php?t=8680

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 07:43:39 AM »
Just watched the making of... They seem so damn cute and genki! And Ayaka is teh secks...she shall be mine!!!:ONwahaha:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2007, 08:41:38 AM »
Finally a reason for me to bump this thread...

Chatmonchy's new PV is out. You can get it off jpopsuki.

It's a pretty funny PV I think. The song itself is kinda boring. It doesn't have the pep of their more upbeat songs and doesn't really have the intensity of their heavier songs, but it's not too bad. It still sounds like Chatmonchy. They seemed to be going for a more anthem-ish sound, it has a nice sing-along chorus.

It's interesting how eriko's using a Les Paul instead of her usual Telecaster. I remember reading in 2ch how some of them wanted her to use one or something. I think someone mentioned that she used to play with a Les Paul before she used the Telecaster.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »
Haha, they got their asses beat. Funny PV. The song isn't bad. It's kind of a middle ground. The chorus is definitely the high point, though. Nevertheless, I'll probably find myself listening to it a lot when it comes out.

Seems like new gear this time. Akko isn't using her usual Jazz Bass either. Interesting to see Eriko play a Les Paul. Kind of weird actually, especially since she plays a Tele.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 01:32:10 PM »
^ Just downloaded that PV to see what you guys are talking about, and sorry, but you guys just lost some respect, cause that was SHIT!!

Shift Delete...not even gonna keep that in the Recycle Bin.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2007, 12:47:17 AM »
lol Chatmonchy is awesome. You're the first person I've met who doesn't like them atleast a little XD

Anyways here's Ni-Hao(there's a link to their site here in case you didn't notice)

Pretty interesting Pop Punk band. Their sound goes from pop, surf rock, punk, to just making noise lol They're really not all that great, but that's probably one of the things that appeals to me XD They're just fun to watch.

The interesting thing about them is that they have two bassists and no guitars.

They're also quite cute.

[youtube=425,350]NGXr8P24kOw[/youtube]

The person who upped this has some PV's if you're interested.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:49:42 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2007, 02:02:34 AM »
Well, that's interesting. The music doesn't seem that special, but definitely nice to watch, lol. I wouldn't mind some albums.

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2007, 02:17:05 AM »
I have their album somewhere, but apparently not ripped and I'm not finding the CD at a glance.  They had a couple mini-albums out in Japan, and then their first full length album was released in the US (no JP release for it that I'm aware of)  http://www.tzadik.com/index.php?catalog=7259

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2007, 10:56:36 PM »
wow a US release. Is that just the tracks on the Japanese mini-albums put on one CD? lol

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2007, 12:16:41 AM »
Nope, no overlap at all between the 2 mini-albums and the US album.  Completely new material for it.  John Zorn's Tzadik label released, not the first time they've done that with a Japanese artist.

They also had another album in JP last August, where instead of their usual 2 bass + drums it was drums+sampler+keyboards.  With their drummer playing the keyboards, so none of them were on their usual instruments, apparently.  Don't have that one though.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2007, 09:24:13 PM »
cool. I hate it when people release albums with most of the songs already releasedm. Unless of course they're remixes or alot different from the original recording.

Anyways, another interesting band

mass of the fermenting dregs

I'd probably classify them as Post-Hardcore, sorta emo-ish. I love their sound.

they have some songs on their mypace http://www.myspace.com/motfd  they have an audioleaf profile too but it has less songs.

and here's the live they posted on their site

[youtube=425,350]dxrjmRE_das[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:25:51 PM by StreakInTheSky »

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chocolat - One More Day