JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Forever to Me ~Owarinaki Kanashimi~

Author Topic: (Group) Jelly Beans  (Read 3677 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
(Group) Jelly Beans
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:15:29 PM »
Jelly Beans

Members: Yuuki (left) and Sakura Asakura (right)

Some of us ran into them at the Japan Expo, the Chibi Japan Expo or Japan Day in Germany, so I figured they could use a thread.

Yuuki (singer-songwriter) and Sakura ASAKURA (singer, model, actress) started their vocal duo « Jelly Beans » in May 2007.
They compose and write the lyrics themselves. 3 singles and 1 album have already been released. Their music is supported by wide range of people and accessible to all ages.

The duo name « Jelly Beans » reflects their wish to be loved in the world for their various « colours » and « flavors » like the sweet candy.
In Japan, the « Jelly Beans » play an active role in « Akihabara », one of the most mutinational districts in Tokyo. Since 2008, they have broadened their international activites to France, Germany, and China. They have been appointed as « Ambassador to Japanese Pop Culture » by the consul general of Japan in Dusseldolf, Germany.

The « Jelly Beans » are expanding thier visual field. They are « image character » of a Maid Cafe called « Akiba Gakuen 2 nen 1kumi » in Tokyo, and of « Berry Mobile », a company offering mobile phone services for Japanese people living abroad.
Yuuki and Sakura ASAKURA are also pursuing their solo careers. Their potential is enormous and exceeds the stereotype of « pop idol ». Look at them. Listen to their music. They will capture your heart!

Official MySpace page

Some pics:

Some vids:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 06:22:26 PM by BarrieV »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: (Group) Jelly Beans
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »
Seems like Yuuki will be at the Japan Expo Sud in France this year again. I think she spends more time in France than in Japan  :lol:

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 03:47:15 AM »
Ah awesome! Yeah I met yu-ki at japan expo and got a single of hers signed(I asked which was her favourite) and a photo of me with her(yet to develop it >.>)
She was super sweet :)

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Shipyon

• Nya~ Nya~
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »
I love them. Going download their song

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »
...crap! Yuuki performed in the NL and I totally missed it  :nervous

I usually check for concert, but not for manga/anime conventions  :sweatdrop: :doh:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »
Yuuki's going solo for a while (?) and is performing at the Made in Asia Expo in Brussels, Belgium!

http://www.madeinasia.be

March 30: FREE
March 31: 8.50 euro pre-order, 10 at the door

Also performing: Blood, Hitt, Trill-Dan

Too bad Brussels isn't exactly close...

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - Forever to Me ~Owarinaki Kanashimi~