JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Key Of Heart

Author Topic: [Discuss] Adding non-AKB48 members to AKB48 singles?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Discuss] Adding non-AKB48 members to AKB48 singles?
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »
The world was shocked when Matsui Jurina appeared on the cover of Oogoe Diamond and took Acchan's center position. Blasphemy! Who is this kid?!
The trend continued with SKE48 and kenkyuusei members appearing in NamiSapu and it is still happening with latest singles.

Aki-P's plan is obviously to add some SKE members to help SKE's popularity... but now that SKE48 is finally starting to get of the ground, do you think Aki-P should keep adding them? And what do you as an AKB48 fan think of all this?

Actually, I guess this topic can be viewed from two angles:
- the 'business' side of things
- the fan point of view

What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:35:55 PM by Masa »

Offline sousora

• Winter is coming.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 从・ゥ・从
Re: [Discuss] Adding non-akb48 members to akb48 singles?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:33:16 PM »
I love seeing SKE members in there myself, and if it happens with the upcoming Osaka girls as well there won't be any complaints from me. I can see both sides, but personally I enjoy it :)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 04:48:09 PM »
I think it has helped Jurina get coverage much more than SKE48, to have her guesting in AKB singles.
When songs like Tsuyokimono yo showed up (which was nearly a year after Oogoe Diamond), I only watched it to check out SKE48. So the guesting nearly made no impact on me. It could've been much different in japan though, I guess.
I didn't like it at all at the time. Not due to Jurina-hate, she's a great performer. But because every second she was on-screen, it also meant some AKB member had just lost a chance to show herself.

I'm alright with it now though (kinda got used to it). But I hope they also let other members with potential (from SKE, SDN, etc..) to show their stuff in future singles and MVs  and gain some fans in the process too, just like Jurina did.

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:55:09 PM »
with NMB48 on the way... its gonna get worse.

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline clockface

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 05:32:51 PM »
I think the first step in SKE independence has already begun hasn't it? Janken Pon single does not have any SKE member doing battle for a spot right? Jurina might still make a cameo ala Majisuka, but I think Akimoto is making PR room for NMB.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »
But ske48 won't be in the single that's decided by janken so maybe that's a sign of ske48 leaving?? Seems like good timing to me.
We might NMB48 in akb48 singles and I dunno...seems ok to me. I suppose I'm kind of biased since it's unlikely my oshimen would make the a-side(except in the janken type singles) and with erena leaving too v.v
But some have speculated that NMB48 might be in SKE48 singles since on their website it has a picture of SKE48 :S :S  Personally I don't think SKE48 have had enough establishing time even by early next year to take that @_@

edit: beaten to the janken comment, oh well

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline clockface

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »
^ a thank you for your troubles.

Interesting about NMB crashing SKE. Some people might see it as poetic justice, although that will put SKE be in a state of limbo. Being a middle child is never easy.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »
good points raised so far  :thumbup

I think NMB48 appearing in either an SKE or AKB single is pretty much guaranteed. Unless they turn out to be a group of comedians  :lol: we'll have to wait and see.

I'm having mixed feelings about it:

Pro:
- I like the SKE members, so more exposure is good
- AKB48 is like the umbrella of everything, so an AKB single represents the whole group, including all divisions.

Con:
- SKE members take the place of other AKB members who could use the exposure
- SKE members also gain exposure through all the various TV shows, so it's not really necessary for them to be in an AKB single

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
Don't mind them getting in for some exposure while the groups are new, but when they start doing their own singles it's time to go away. :lol: AKB48 already has plenty of awesome girls shafted without SKE and NMB ones taking up some slots. Long term, I definitely prefer autonomy.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 04:38:58 AM »
SKE48's big enough to fly on its own.

I don't see it, really. I guess when SKE48 was first starting out, it made sense to use AKB48 as a springboard to launch their center. But now it seems like they're just putting the Matsui girls in to pull in the fans. I mean, it's not like many people outside of AKB fandom would even know who they are.

Offline hina

• Gekikara Underling
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:30:50 AM »
I guess when SKE48 was first starting out, it made sense to use AKB48 as a springboard to launch their center.
lol this reminded me of that Acchan comment in the Tsuyokimono yo! DVD. XD

But now it seems like they're just putting the Matsui girls in to pull in the fans.
I agree, and I'd like to believe that the Matsui's are popular enough that some fans think that they are in AKB. They mentioned before that people recognize them and thought they were in SKB though.  :lol:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Key Of Heart