JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Say Good-night

Author Topic: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 17836 times)

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« on: August 24, 2008, 06:56:46 AM »

Official site At the official site you can edit your own promo.
IMDb
Wikipedia

The Gang

Glenn Howerton as Dennis Reynolds

Dennis has a lot of great moments, but he's proabably my least favorite of The Gang.

Rob McElhenney as Mac

His wannabe-tough-guy shit is the best. "We gotta get hard" :lol: Going out with Carmen was hilarious too.

Charlie Day as Charlie Kelly

Probably 2nd favorite after Dee. Love the outbursts "I will smash your face into a...into a JELLY!"

Kaitlin Olson as Deandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds

My favorite, and not just 'cause she's hot. She's just as fucked up as the rest of the bunch and like Masa said, "...she's the most attractive crackhead ever." I'd buy her some head shots.

Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds

"Frankie Fat Hands" and his great work-out advice. :lol:

Cast photos from StarPulse.com

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia follows "The Gang" of Dennis, Charlie, Mac, and Dee as they try to run their Irish Pub, "Paddy's." Inflated egos, low IQs, and drug and alcohol problems don't stop this motley crew from tackling important issues such as family, religion, racism, sexism, death, homophobia, politics, abortion, and banging your friend's mom.

[youtube=425,350]RSJGro_iZPs[/youtube]

NEW SEASON STARTS SEPTEMBER 8!
[youtube=425,350]ie-fFOnAz3I[/youtube]

Anyone else beside me and Masa like this show? I kept seeing commercials for it when it first came on, but I kept forgetting to watch it. I was always laughing at the promos and finally caught the "One Hundred Dollar Baby" (One of my favorites) episode a while ago. Seeing the "Going Back to Philly" commercial got me all excited to see it again so I went out and got the 1st and 2nd season box. I watched almost all of 'em in one sitting. Every time one episode ended I couldn't wait to see what they'd do next.

I didn’t catch any of Season 3 and the DVD doesn’t come out until Sept. 9th. Most of the stuff that made me want to see the show is in that season. (Baby tanning made burst out laughing when I the commercial)

Favorite episodes are probably "The Gang Gets Racist", "Charlie Gets Molested", "Hundred Dollar Baby", and "Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare". Love when they argue about when something is and isn't racist and their sad attempts at trying to not be racist. Training sequence for Dee and Charlie was awesome.

Some other clips and a whole post for Sweet Dee later...

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 09:10:25 AM »
I'm going back to Philly! I have been a Philly-fanboy since the first season and It's Always Sunny is probably my favorite sitcom since Seinfeld. And like the tagline says, It's Always Sunny is Seinfeld on crack  :P

Charlie - Quite possibly the craziest sitcom character on TV at the moment. Charlie is pretty much like George Costanza on crack. There have been tons of great Charlie-moments but my favorite is probably him playing Serpico. Charlie as Serpico >>>>>> Pacino as Serpico  :yep:

Charlie: You know, there was a time when I would have helped you raise this little dumpster baby brother of mine like a son, but that's gone now because you've ruined it. You threw your babies away, and you threw your swords away. You threw your golf clubs and your tasty treats, and you know what? I found them, and I'm gonna raise all of them.

Sweet Dee - The hottest crackhead...ever! Usually the chicks you see in sitcoms are holding the men back but Dee is as crazy as the male members of The Gang. Seriously, she's a steroid abusing crackhead :wub:

Sweet Dee: I never statutory raped anyone before.
Trey: Oh... okay, I'll tell you what; lets just take it slow.
Sweet Dee: You are so sweet... where were you when I was in high school?
Trey: I was eight.
Sweet Dee: Right... Yeah... 

Mac - Mac might be my favorite character cause dude's such an asshole. I can totally relate to him.... except that I don't date trannies  XD

Frank: Charlie, you've got a lot of balls, stealing my money. This shows leadership, I am promoting you to management.
Charlie: That's why I did it.
Mac: That's why I did it too, Frank! I stole lots of your money, what do I get?
Frank: You get dick, because you are a follower and a thief.

Dennis - The most narcissistic guy ever! Dennis is seriously a bigger bitch than his sis. My favorite Dennis-moment is prolly him becoming a male prostitute handsome companion  XD

Dennis: There is no banging old ladies or dudes, all right? I will be providing a very important service, however, as what I would like to be called: a handsome companion.

Frank - Frank is so fucking awesome that I wish he was my dad. Frank on acid was  :lol:

Frank: I got good news! Your mother is dead--ha!
Dennis: Yeah, right. Nice try. Very funny, Frank.
Frank: I'm serious this time. She had a botched neck lift! She's as dead as disco--hehehe! Who wants champagne!?

FX Shows Love for It's Always Sunny

Big plans for the Philadelphia crew.

July 15, 2008 - Paddy's Irish Pub isn't closing anytime soon. This morning at the Television Critics Association press tour FX's President John Landgraf announced that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been ordered for an additional 39 episodes.

That's on top of the 13 episode fourth season now in production, meaning that there will be at least 52 more episodes of Sunny coming. Presumably those 39 episodes will be broken up over at least two seasons, meaning fans can expect the show to go at least until Season 6.

Landgraf noted that the entire cast is committed to the show through those 52 episodes, with series creators Rob McElhenney, Glenn Howerton and Charlie Day continuing on as both executive producers and series regulars and Kaitlin Olson and Danny DeVito remaining series regulars.
http://tv.ign.com/articles/889/889687p1.html

:thumbsup

While I'm happy that there will be over 50 new episodes I gotta admit that I'm a bit worried. The Gang managed to cover like every possible controversial subject during the first three seasons so I'm afraid that the show will become as repetitive as The Simpsons in the future. Anyways it's a good thing that America is fucked up so it shouldn't be that difficult to come up with new controversial stories  XD
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:13:32 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:37:19 AM »
Random Kaitlin Olson pix:

Great fucking legs  :drool:

I didn’t catch any of Season 3 and the DVD doesn’t come out until Sept. 9th. Most of the stuff that made me want to see the show is in that season.

Download it, now! By the way, how are the DVD extras for Seasons 1 & 2? I have been thinking about ordering the R1 DVD cause they ain't gonna release that shit here anytime soon.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:49:57 AM by Masa »

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:52:33 PM »
The extras are:
Outtakes of the Gang
Kaitlin's audition
Making Of featurette
Original pilot scene of when Mac met Carmen

They're good. I just like having shows on DVD so much more.

Any catch the episodes so far. They've all had lots of funny shit, but they've had a few misses too. There were sometimes I was waiting for a scene to end 'cause it just wasn't funny.

I still laugh my ass of when someone does something racist and the others in debating it. I can't wait for next week's episode. Dee gets the coffee waitress to go on a girls' night out and Artemis goes with 'em.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »
What is a show about Philly doing on network TV?  You gotta drop some F-Bombs here and there to keep it real.

That's just me.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:30:28 PM by Masa »

Offline Anton_91

• [El_Rango]
  • Member+
  • [BerryZ iz da besuto!]
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
I LOVE Sunny!!  :heart: :heart: :heart:
I should hang out in the Entertainment section more often, didn't know there was a thread for this. =3

Dee is my favorite I think but they all complete each other. xD
LMAO in the episodes she acts like a retard at the register (for something... x3 probably something stupid).
The musical episode was EPIC!  :yep: :cow:

Can't wait for the new season!

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 04:57:01 PM »
I LOVE Sunny!!  :heart: :heart: :heart:
I should hang out in the Entertainment section more often, didn't know there was a thread for this. =3

Dee is my favorite I think but they all complete each other. xD
LMAO in the episodes she acts like a retard at the register (for something... x3 probably something stupid).

Can't wait for the new season!
:lol: Yeah. Dennis and Dee were trying to get welfare so they lied and Dennis said he was an addict.

The official store has a lote more shirts sicnce the last time I looked. They got a Nightman shirt and even Charlie's horse shirt.

http://foxshop.seenon.com/detail.php?p=70421&v=fx_shows_its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia&pagemax=all

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 08:38:33 AM »
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Live!

April 20, 2009 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia doesn't film in front of an audience, so it was definitely a different experience for both the show's cast and the fans when Charlie Day ("Charlie"), Kaitlin Olson ("Dee"), Glenn Howerton ("Dennis"), Rob McElhenney ("Mac") and Danny DeVito ("Frank") did a live performance of the episode "The Nightman Cometh" at the Troubadour in Los Angeles this past weekend.

Like many of the fans in attendance, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, beyond the cast performing the musical the characters put on within the Season 4 finale. As it turned out though, they did the entire episode, including all the scenes leading up to the musical – a great choice in retrospect, since it gave the whole thing more of a context, with the Producers like scenario of the disastrous show approaching.

The crowd greeted the cast with huge, prolonged applause – so much so that they had to wait a couple of minutes to begin saying their lines. As this was "The Nightman Cometh", guest stars from that episode were also part of the live performance, including Artemis Pebdani ("Artemis") and Mary Elizabeth Ellis ("Waitress), and they too received huge applause and cheers – ultimately giving the performance the feel of being at a rowdy sitcom taping; as in what it's listening to the audience while watching an old episode of Married… With Children. There was also a great response to a surprise cameo at one point from DeVito's wife, Rhea Perlman, as Gladys, the very, very elderly piano player Charlie hires for the show.

I feel the need to vent here about one overly enthusiastic audience member – a gentleman I will refer to as Super Douche. Super Douche would not stop yelling and screaming, even as everyone else was trying to listen to the actors. He would yell out things like, "Charlie Day!" and "Yeah, Dennis!" long after everyone else had processed that yes, these were the actors from the show playing the characters from the show. I actually was concerned he would disrupt the performance at one point, as he tried to get close to the stage and when he could not, asked a random girl if she would high five the actors. Thankfully, she declined, pointing out that maybe, just maybe, the best idea was to not interrupt them at this moment.

With no restrictions on the running time or language, the Sunny folks did an extended version of "The Nightman Cometh", which included some scenes and songs that were not in the original episode – and the ability for the cast to throw in a couple of well placed "F**k"'s among the dialogue. Olson's improv background was apparent, as she had some of the slyest and funniest moments of the show, adding lots of great pauses and expressions to her scenes, including Dee's self-written song after she sings a song during the musical about touching a "little boy," and wants to assure the audience she actually is not a child molester.

Extra material included an introductory scene for Dennis as the Lead Boy and Frank as the Troll in which they sing the song "Troll in my hole", sort of a set up for the "Troll Toll" song later in the show. Mac had a great new number too as the Nightman, called "It's Nature, S**t Happens."

Familiar scenes from the episode were all the funnier with the live audience, with the crowd pretty much losing it laughing during the scene in which Mac as the Nightman appears to be sexually assaulting Dennis in his role as the Lead Boy/Day Man. Also getting a great reaction was added bits where McElhenney showed off Mac's unique style of mixing dance with martial arts move – and the rather sad (which is to say awesome) fight Mac and Dennis have in the show.

And, not surprisingly, the crowd all sang along at full force to the big closing song, "Day Man," first heard in the episode "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person." There was also a lot of "aww"ing and mock upset reaction to the final scene, where Charlie crashes his own show with one last surprise song in order to woo the Waitress – and is completely shot down. As always, Day was incredibly funny showing Charlie's cluelessness.

The "Nightman Cometh" performance was done on back-to-back nights at the Troubadour, and sold out within minutes. It was definitely an incredibly fun experience for a Sunny fan, making it hard not to hope the cast will do it again sometime – and certainly release an album of these wonderfully funny/twisted songs from the episode.
http://tv.ign.com/articles/974/974514p1.html

The Nightman Cometh Live

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 06:23:51 PM »
I just got done watching this a minute ago.

Honey & Vinegar :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 07:19:10 AM »

http://www.dicktowel.com/

THE BEST PRESENT EVER! :ondick:

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »
I LOVE SUNNY FFFFFF 8D So glad to see it actually has a thread on here xD;;;

Re-watched the entire show when I was on holiday in Paris last year xD;;; Helped keep my mood up, that's for sure. Not really sure what that says about me <,<; Ehem, anyway.

Charlie and Dee are my favourite characters... but with a gang like this it's impossible to pick favourites. It wouldn't be right with any of them missing :P
My all time favourite episode is probably still Dee and Dennis Go on Welfare (second season).

Here, have some gifs (I didn't make these)

Baby you~ you got what I need~ :lol:

New season is up and running, what do people think? I found the two first episodes a bit weak, but this week's was pretty epic. Omg 8D; I'll never look at those inflatable dancing dudes the same again <,<;;;;

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 01:34:08 AM »
The welfare episode is one of my favorites, too.

The first two episodes were pretty weak, but I'm glad the last one was good. (Especially Sweet Dee dancing and listening to DMX.)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 01:28:13 AM »
^ :rofl: :rofl:

lol so this is where the Green Man came from

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 02:30:45 PM »
Dee had her baby! 8D

... it so messes with my head to know that Rob McElhenney is the real dad. Aaaaaah :lol:

Offline ambidextrouness

• Grunge's still alive and kicking in my heart
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • aaaiiiiieeeeeeeesssshhh!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 07:29:04 AM »
I just don't get how they managed to get Danny DeVito on the show. Haha! CHARLIE is the best! No doubt!  :pimp:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 04:35:54 AM »
I just saw a commercial for the new season starting this September.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 11:59:20 PM »
the new teaser :lol:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Say Good-night