JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Boy

Author Topic: The Chinese Music Thread  (Read 124304 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Chinese Music Thread
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2010, 08:43:27 AM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
some random new albums, new artists to me. One group that got no shine here cuz....well they a lame Hong Kong girl group XD Embarrassing man!

Hotcha - 我們最愛的 新曲+精選

Release: 2010.06.18

01. 屈尾十
02. 冰封
03. Party Girl
04. 我要最喜愛的
05. 變大
06. 咖啡或茶
07. 對我有感覺
08. Vanilla
09. 了了
10. 大場面
11. 小野蠻
12. 不要防曬
13. You Are My Best Friend
14. 你的味道
15. 旅行的意義
16. 兩個人心動

DOWNLOAD
http://www.twitter.com/?d=1BMXK2MO

and some new Taiwan artists, well new to me lol. You probably heard them on Ping's 3x10 Charts on JPHiP Radio:

Isabelle Huang 黃齡  - 特别 Special

Release: 2010.06.22

01. 小城故事
02. 特別
03. HIGH歌
04. 愛壞
05. 原諒
06. 騎士
07. 太后
08. 癢
09. 不怕痛
10. 靈芝緣

DOWNLOAD
http://www.twitter.com/?d=FYNFFJ74

I'm digging this one, Bibi  :inlove:

Bibi Zhou 周筆暢 - i, 魚, 光, 鏡

Release: 2010.06.25

01.I miss U missing me
02.魚罐頭
03.單面鏡
04.戀愛料理
05.時光機與流浪者
06.星期三的信
07.別裝了
08.眼鏡
09. 二手歌
10. LoveLife
11.一滴淚的距離

DOWNLOAD
http://www.multiupload.com/6PDKNV2XJ2

Originally shared by carmen_hk @ hk-mtv.com :thumbsup

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2010, 03:16:17 AM »
Just a pretty face!! but she sings too. Gigi Leung Wing-kei (aka Chan Hor Nam actor Elkin Cheung's ex) taking a break from acting to drop a new Canto release! in three years! :shakeit:

梁詠琪 - 怕寂寞的貓

Release: 2010-07-09

01. How I Wish
02. 厚愛
03. 岸處風光
04. 記得不記得
05. 夏花秋葉
06. 女兒雄
07. 鄰家躲貓貓
08. 和平散去
09. 一刻擁友
10. 畫出彩虹
11. 夏一秒 (How I Wish國語版)
12. 時間海 (夏花秋葉國語版)

DOWNLOAD

still easy on the eyes, I'll give her that :lol:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7673/covervc.jpg

I comfess I hated on Cookies - a lame Morning Musume "rip off" but out came Stephy Tang and she's pretty cute in the movies. Here's her new EP, with a sexy look:

鄧麗欣 - No One Knows

Release: 2010-07-16

01. No One Knows
02. 花小姐
03. 我是…
04. High Heels

DOWNLOAD

and the first MV

WHOA! SEXY! Kate Tsui look the fuck out.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
Acclaimed Music Educator Tai See-Chung Dies     
2010-07-18 13:11:27     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Tai See-Chung, a venerated music educator in Hong Kong who has mentored such superstars as Anita Mui and Faye Wong, died of heart attack complications on Sunday (July 18), Sohu.com reports. He was 69.

Tai's family confirmed his death to the media.

Tai enjoyed the title of the "godfather of superstars". He had helped train a long list of singers who later became backbones of the Chinese music industry.

His students also included Andy Lau, Leon Lai, Aaron Kwok and Nicholas Tse.

COMMENTS FROM HIS APPRENTICES AND OTHER ARTISTS

Includes: Faye Wong, Nicholas Tse, Kevin Cheng, Steven Ma, Ella Koon, Eason Chan, Raymond Lam

Faye Wong initially was going to rush back to Hong Kong on an early flight yesterday morning, unfortunately she was too late, so she canceled the trip. Faye's manager (Chan Ka Ying) expressed: "Very sorry, Teacher Dai left so early, Faye wasn't able to see him for the last time. Faye feels better hearing that Teacher Dai left peacefully, she will pray for him."

Leon Lai also had a very good heart, rushing back to Hong Kong immediately, but Reporters were unable to contact him.

Nicholas Tse: "Ah, I feel great grief too. I hope his family can recover soon. Send my condolence."

Kevin Cheng: "I heard about the news, so sudden. I hope See Mo (Teacher's wife) won't be too sad. Condolences to his whole family."

Steven Ma: "I participated in a Karaoke contest in 1993. At the time I already knew Teacher Dai. He told me backstage that he'll make me his student and recommended me to a company. It's already been 17 years! As for his death, I feel very surprised and sad. I hope Teacher rests in peace and I send my condolences to See Mo and his two daughters. Don't be too sad, take care f your health. The good side is Teacher Dai didn't suffer and left peacefully! Dai Si Chung is very kind to his students, he treats them like his own children, never will he scold us. Even if we sang something wrong, he won't raise his voice to yell at you, so learning music from him is really fun."

Ella Koon: "Teacher Dai is very well respected in the music scene. The music scene has lost another good senior. I feel that it's a pity, although I haven't worked with him, but I do know his two daughters. Send my condolence to his whole family."

Eason Chan: "Teacher Dai and I have not collaborated before. Actually counting back, I am rather young, considered the juniors. He's a very good senior. Condolences to his whole family. Recently a lot has been happening, hope everyone will remain positive each day!"

Raymond Lam: "Dai Si Chung was my first teacher, the news is so sudden. I started learning from him when I was a teenager, he taught me for 2-3 years. That time I never thought of becoming a singer, he told me that if that's the case, then he's not teaching me, so then I started. What I remember most is that he taught me how to sing Jacky Cheung's songs. Actually we haven't kept in touch for years, but I do keep in touch with his two daughters through SMS, hope to call and comfort them a little while, when their emotions recover."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: aZnangel@http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »
Didn't ya know? Leon Lai is a pimp now? Here's his new singer "JW" whom he had hidden her face for the longest time:

Leon Lai's "yes sound, no photo" newcomer JW finally puts down mysterious veil

Strongly supported female newcomer by Leon Lai, JW has been "yes sound, no photo"all along. The other night, she finally put down her mysterious veil for 1 hour concert, but only sang 3 and a half songs and did not say a word, nor did she accept an interview.

The other night, JW finally 'met the public' for the first time, holding (JW Misses Good Friend Mini Concert). Her parents, Boss' wife Gaile Lok, senior Janice Man and Boss Leo Lai went to support her. Leon was her guest host and sat on stage the whole night. Wearing a 10 feet long full dress, JW stood in one area and did not move the entire night. She sang 3 songs "Miss Good Friend, "Dare to Hug Don't Dare to Love" and Don't Be Afraid of Loneliness". She did not say anything, did not move and her height was not seen. Leon laughed: "That is the stage design, do not misunderstand us that we're even trying to hide JW's height."

Since her debut, JW was said to have a very similar voice to Janice Vidal, that night the two duet "What Do Men Believe", Leon said: "Haven't heard the labum yet and already said album cover is not good or suspect the songs is by the same person, flipping the 'M' letter and it becomes two people that sang it. Generous Neitzens taught other people how to distinguish which part is sang by JW and which part is by Janice, of course there are some parts where it's flipped."

After the duet JW did not appear anymore, Janice finished the rest of the concert. Leon lectured: "Singers emotions is complicated. Every minute, every second it changes. I am a singer, I also get nervous when I am on stage, just can lock your emotions away and focus. Singers should sleep for 8 hours, must speak wisely, eat healthy. Vocals are very sensitive, have to maintain them well, hoarse voice can affect a singer's status." After, Leon promoted for JW's debut album releasing at the end of this month. He reveals that it has not been decided if JW will come back to Hong Kong to be Janice's guest at her Hong Kong Coliseum concert.

Source: Mingpao
Translator: aZnangel@http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

What do you think? Worth the HYPE?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2010, 06:04:47 AM »
^ and here's her debut EP

JW First EP (Los Angeles Special Version)

Release Date: 2010-07-31

01. 掛念好友
02. 男人信什麼
03. 今天不見人
04. 孤單不要怕
05. 敢抱未敢愛
06. 戰勝服從

DOWNLOAD

Peep her site: http://Sheisjw.com

She's aight, reminds me of Joey Yung actually lol. Stupid Lai Ming  :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2010, 04:27:39 AM »
Look who's back 鄭希怡 Yumiko Cheng http://www.facebook.com/eegyumiko

歌曲 : 背叛.被判
歌手 : 鄭希怡
作曲 : 吳浩康 
填詞 : 鄭希怡

走過熙熙攘攘的街
回到冷冷清清的家
香煙已熄了 全世界也暗了
我坐在這裡 像甚麼 像甚麼

要是勉勉強強的笑
不如爽爽快快的哭
空氣凝結了 靈魂也隱形了
我是多餘的 為甚麼 為甚麼 我不懂

*背叛算是甚麼 被判做錯甚麼
游離天堂地獄一層一層算甚麼
上帝保佑我吧 縱然星光暗淡
要做個勇敢的小孩

現在的你過得好吧
會有一點想起我嗎
花蕊都開了 心不會凋謝了
要好好活著 怕甚麼 怕甚麼 我不怕

REPEAT*

孤獨沒有甚麼 殘酷沒有甚麼
結局遍體鱗傷苦的累的沒甚麼
自憐是奢侈的 青春沒有退路 我也不管

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2010, 07:17:46 AM »
Mid Autumn Concert in China!!! 2010央视中秋晚会  from 2010-09-22

lol I know this Hacken Lee Angel Call song

弦子 xianzi (http://blog.sina.com.cn/xianzi)

more vids here: http://www.youtube.com/user/chinesecivilization2

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2010, 07:24:29 AM »
OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Vincy Chan is nervous while singing duet with Lionel Richie

America's famous male singer, Lionel Richie held a concert in Hong Kong yesterday night. Besides playing the piano and singing many famous songs, Lionel also invited EEG's female singer, Vincy Chan to go on stage and sing a duet song (Endless Love) with him. Because Vincy appeared nervous, Lionel immediately told her not to be nervous. At the end, Vincy gave flowers to Lionel.

Lionel also exposed that next year, at the same time, he will come to Hong Kong again. In the end, during the encore time, Lionel also sang (We Are The World) to remember his good friend Michael Jackson who passed away a year ago.

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: Eujean Lee @ TVB Newsworld

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2010, 06:20:35 AM »
王心凌 Cyndi Wang pimping smth

going hand bra! her next album?  :fap

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:39 AM »
Teresa Fu (傅穎) rippin off Lady GaGa XD in her new MV 加加夫人

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2010, 05:37:33 AM »

who is Shiga?

new Warner artist from Hong Kong 連詩雅 (Shiga Lin)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2011, 05:50:01 AM »

Get ready for Year of the Rabbit!

which means yet another EEG Compilation album!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2011, 10:01:36 AM »
^ and here it is!

叻叻兔福星 EEG All-star New Year Album 2011
Release Date:   2011-01-19

As a yearly tradition, EEG releases a celebratory album for the Lunar New Year featuring its boatload of artists. This Year of the Rabbit, the idol factory of Hong Kong has dispatched Charlene Choi, Wong Cho Lam, and Chapman To with Alex Hung, Gary Cheng, and Carlos Chan in an ensemble to sing the new anthem "Smart Rabbit Lucky Star". Other than that, the 2011 album packs in New Year songs from past years, such as the 2010 single featuring Leo Ku and Gillian Chung, and earlier favorites with stars like Twins, Boy'z, and the Grasshoppers. This year's album comes with Year of the Rabbit fai chuns (New Year blessing scrolls), plus a bonus DVD containing 9 music videos (including that of the new song) and a hilarious gag reel.

01. 叻叻兔福星 (杜汶澤/蔡卓妍/王祖藍/洪杰/鄭家維/陳家樂) (新歌)
02. 飛虎群星賀新歲 (古巨基/鍾欣桐/泳兒/陳偉霆/鍾舒漫/洪卓立)
03. 唱旺零九 (蔡卓妍/王祖藍/陳偉霆/泳兒/林峯/鍾舒漫/張致恒)
04. 送豬型鼠 (Twins)
05. 紅噹噹飛吻 (Twins+草蜢)
06. 八星報喜賀賀喜 (Twins/Boy'z/featuring鄭希怡/吳浩康/梁洛施/李逸朗)
a. 八星報喜 b.財神到 c.恭喜你 d.喜氣洋洋 e.迎春花 f.大家恭喜 g.八星報喜
07. 四大才子發大財 (Boy’z/吳浩康/李逸朗)
a. 新春行大運 b.錢會繼續嚟 c.天才白痴 ‘錢錢錢’
08. 雙驕吐艷慶新春 (鄭希怡/梁洛施)
a. 祝福你 b. 新年快樂
09. 五福金雞喜滿堂 (王凱駿/陳偉霆/麥子豪/蔣雅文/黃敏儀)
a. 歡樂年年 b. 新春頌獻
10. 孖寶668 (Twins)
11. 你最紅 (Twins)
12. 四喜臨門喜迎春 (Twins/Boy'z)

DOWNLOAD

:on cny1:  :on cny2:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2011, 07:40:05 AM »
I BE ON DAT HONG KONG HiP HoP SHIT!!

唉而家D怪獸 - ARHO SUNNY - MR. CHUPACABRA - new HK gangsta rap

Real Asian HiP HoP FUCKAZ!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2011, 01:15:19 AM »
Kary Ng of Cookies fame has her first concert in Hong Kong Coliseum :thumbsup

hilarious outfit

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
HEY! you seen her at the Olympics!

and then on TVB:

check the blog: http://artiste.tvb.com/latestupdate/liuxuan/

now she sings! WHY THE FUCK NOT lol

Liu Xuan 劉璇 - 美麗的樣子 Beautiful Faces

release: 2011年02月18日

from yesasia: Liu Xuan's gymnastics days were long over, and her Olympics gold medal has seemingly become a distant memory. The famous athlete-turned-artist from China has lately moved to Hong Kong to pursue a career in the show business, and after starring in TVB's period action drama Grace Under Fire, she is now formally making her foray into pop music! Nicknamed "Xuan Beauty", Liu releases her debut Mandarin album Beautiful Faces in February 2011, which features the main plug "The Roman Sunlight", the award-winning number "Memory Editor", and the karaoke hit "Falling Exclusively For You" she duets with popular Malaysian singer Michael Wong.

01.羅馬陽光
02.愛上你就是唯一 (劉璇 / 光良)
03.往事剪接手
04.Cry For You
05.心浪
06.麻
07.美麗的樣子
08.證明
09.抓不住的愛情
10.Happy Day

DOWNLOAD

some live action

the MV

I'll go pick my jaw off the ground now :shocked

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2011, 09:00:26 AM »
It's ON for MEG. girl gonna be a star

EEG Signs Mag Lam and Dumps Yumiko Cheng

At the Spring Celebratory Dinner held on February 14th, Emperor Entertainment Group (EEG) officially announced that the company signed The Voice 2 <超級巨聲>winner, Mag Lam Yan Tung, for four years. EEG will jointly share the management contract with TVB, who discovered Mag’s talent. Throughout the entire evening, EEG owner, Albert Yeung, often accompanied Mag and introduced her to the guests present.

Since winning The Voice 2, Mag Lam has been extremely popular and appeared at numerous promotional events. Her appearance fee has increased to $80,000 (HKD) per event, matching hot model, Chrissie Chau Sau Na! Many music companies fought to sign Mag due to her powerful vocals. However TVB picked EEG for her music contract.

EEG Dedicating All Resources in Promoting Mag Lam in 2011

EEG vowed that it will spend millions to promote Mag into a big star! An inside source at EEG stated, “Last week, Albert Yeung held a confidential conference. He stated explicitly that all of the company’s resources in 2011 will be dedicated to promote Mag Lam. Mr. Yeung will even cast Mag in a new film. Vincy Chan and Sherman Chung will not have new albums released this year. Gillian Chung will focus on filming in China . Aside from Joey Yung and Charlene Choi continuing their music and film careers, other female artists will have far less opportunities!”

Perhaps Mag did not know how much EEG valued her. Mag said, “TVB chose the EEG contract for me. I don’t know the length nor price of the contract. I am just interested in producing music I like!”

Yumiko Cheng Sacrificed at EEG

With Mag joining EEG, many second-line female artists’ careers were threatened. This included 29-year-old Yumiko Cheng Hei Yi, who joined EEG in 2002. With Mag’s alleged $4 million (HKD) EEG contract, Yumiko may be one of the first artists let go by the company. With her contract expiring soon, Yumiko’s popularity was at an all-time low. Sales for her music albums have been terrible. Allegedly, Yumiko was disgruntled with EEG and even spoke poorly about the company in front of other people. As a result, Albert Yeung has decided not to renew Yumiko’s contract.

A one-time hot car model, Yumiko had two accidental exposure incidents revealing her nipple and thong-clad butt in 2007 and 2006 respectively. Since 2008, Yumiko has not released any music albums. Last year, she started filming series in China , abandoning the Hong Kong market. Allegedly, Yumiko was upset that EEG did not put in their best efforts to promote her.

Yumiko Cheng has been dating wealthy make-up artist, Andy Leung for the last six years. The couple currently live together in a luxury apartment in Sai Kung. The monthly rent is $60,000 (HKD). Yumiko was spotted frequently driving her boyfriend’s $50,000 (HKD) Audi TT sports car.

Source: Face Magazine #196
Translated by: Jaynestars

lol Yumiko, her face was wack. Check the video:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2011, 04:18:05 AM »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Boy