JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - The Great Escape [Brian Lee remix]

Author Topic: General Fanfic Suggestion Thread  (Read 14568 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: General Fanfic Suggestion Thread
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 06:51:10 PM »
But I have this weird obsession for 'neatness'. Ask Essy or Hammy, they've seen my never ending folders for all my pictures (H!P AND non-H!P pics) XD

Yeah I know! Stefy really does have an obsessive need to compartmentalize her picture folder. First by singer, then by album.... For MM along, she does it by generation, then by photobook, tv appearance, concert pics, and in some cases, by year.

And let's not forget doing it by pairing. She has a Gorokkies folder in addition to individual folders for each member. As well as just about single pairing there is. XD

Let's hope we never have to get as anal for the forum. :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 11:37:58 PM »
lol stefy would have a melt down if she ever saw the way I have my pics organized.

newer pics that I haven't organized, which amounts to a lot, are left on two separate drives with the folder named exactly the same, "Temp"...and then within one of the Temp folders there's a folder called "New Folder" that holds the ones I've organized.  actually...inside the "New Folder" is actually empty except for another folder called "New Folder" XD

now inside temp\new folder\new folder you get 90% of pictures in the main directory and the rest go into folders named: individual, gifs, hello morning, avatars, flowers, and pepper keibou

flowers...well that's really of flowers...weird.  and I don't know why pepper keibou got it's own folder over the other single pictures XD

but through the scariness of my "lack" of organization, I actually know where everything is.  Yes, my mind is scary that way XD  It's like I memorized where things should be, so I get annoyed when they get moved XD

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 05:40:48 AM »
^GAHH!! THE HORROR! THE HORROR! *covers ears... and eyes* don't explain anymore!...

haha.

-.- and did you have to be that specific about my so called obsession there ess?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 06:00:54 AM »
^More's the fun by being specific! :D Besides you just left that opening there, how could I not take advantage of it?

Muahahahaha.

XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 05:16:03 AM »
I think I've actually got the prologue of a fic rotting somewhere in the fanfic section... I've got about 1/3 or 1/2 of the first chapter written, but then APs decided to devour my soul around the time of the exams... And even after they exams, my AP classes still continued to pick at me because I have giant projects in them now. 3 in my calculus class, 1 big one in chem... ALL AT THE SAME FARKING TIME.

Hence the lack of me writing lately. T_T

I was a little annoyed at first by the subforums, but I've grown accustomed to them. :D Works for me.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:18:41 AM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
xDD!!

Well then there's no dead fics section~!

Points for Sukoshi for really diving into it xDDD

But yeah, feel free to post any suggestions for the fanfiction section here, Loser and I will listen and discuss :>

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2009, 11:25:30 PM »
Hey y'all~!

Should there be a Rules thread of some sort?

Loser and I didn't make one 'cause we thought people would be logical enough to check out the forum thoroughly and see how everything's done before doing their own thang.

But the new folks coming in aren't doing that xDDDDD.....

So shall we or shall we not~?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 11:43:30 PM »
we thought people would be logical enough to check out the forum thoroughly and see how everything's done before doing their own thang.
I hate to say it, but from my own experience as an Admin on another forum, this doesn't happen as much as it should (key word being "should").

I say most definitely set up a rules thread. You'll want to make sure that you keep it thorough, yet simple AND make sure that it's easy to spot (so that people can't use the "well I couldn't find the thread" excuse). Also important is that you:
a) need to make clear what the consequences will be if the rules are broken, and
b) MORE importantly, be sure that if/when the rules are broken, that you always enforce said consequences (after all, rules won't be followed if the punishments for breaking them are never enforced).

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - The Great Escape [Brian Lee remix]