JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tomosaka Rie - Shoujo Robot

Author Topic: The Bollywood Thread  (Read 9768 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Bollywood Thread
« on: February 09, 2009, 09:17:16 AM »
LMAO!!! Bollywood meets Shaolin!

Official Site | IMDB | Wikipedia

Chandni Chowk to China (Hindi: चाँदनी चौक टू चाईना , Urdu: چاندنی چوت ٹو لندچوس) is a Hindi film which released on 16th January 2009. It is directed by Nikhil Advani and stars Akshay Kumar and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles, with Hindi cinema veteran Mithun Chakraborty and Hong Kong action cinema veteran Gordon Liu among the co-stars. In addition to being shot in China, many parts of the film were shot in Bangkok, Thailand, although some of the China scenes were shot in sets in the Shanghai Film Studio.

Distributed in the U.S. and co-produced by Warner Bros., it is the third Bollywood movie made and distributed in partnership with a major Hollywood studio, following Sony's Saawariya (2007) and Walt Disney Pictures' animated feature Roadside Romeo (2008). It is Warner Bros. Pictures' first Hindi film.

Trailer
Chandni Chowk to China - Movie Trailer (NEW)

Looks pretty hilarious!! And Deepika Padukone is HOT :yep:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:10:12 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: The Bollywood Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 07:11:02 AM »
Who loves BOLLYWOOD?! Apparently Gordon Liu does.

The much awaited movie Raajneeti is hugely influenced by the epic story from the Indian mythology "Mahabharat".
First Look: Raajneeti

Offline Di@na

• yes, its me on my avatar XD
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
I do love Deepika.. and Akshay is one of my favorites since I am 5 years old BUT the movie "Chandni Chowk to China" was sooooo bad XDD NO WONDER it ended as a flop XD

ok guys.. here is my TOP 5 list of bollywood movies YOU HAVE TO WATCH if you are NEW to Bollywood:

1. Devdas (An EPIC Superhit! The new version of 2002 with my favorite female actress Aishu and my favorite Khan lol.. directed by the remarkable Sanjay Leela Bhansali *hand down*^^)

[/URL]

2. Veer-Zaara (2004) (Another Superhit! Absolutely beautiful movie! And the gorgeous Preity and King Khan are SO stunning together..  :heart:)

3. Kabhi Ghushi Kabhi Gham (2001) ( SUPERHIT! I guess this one is the most popular Bollywood movie in Europe. I actually don't know a single person who did not like this movie after watching it).

4. Seeta Aur Geeta (1972) (BLOCKBUSTER! I think its the best Bollywood movie of the GOLDEN '70ies (next to Sholay) ! It was a Blockbuster and not only because of the beautiful "dream girl of the 70ies" Hema Malini or her stunning husband Dharmendra .. it has a great story and even my boyfriend loved it ^^)

5. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) (another Blockbuster! I LOVE IT!! It has fun, drama, love, tears, action, weddings, music!!! It has everything! Kajol and King Khan are much younger here and soooo innocent *lol* they made a LOVELY and LEGENDARY movie couple!)  

*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~

I am a fan of kpop (since 7 years) and jpop fan (since 9 years) and bollywood fan since...childhood !!! XD

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:04:27 PM »
HOW I'M SO FUCKIN' WAITIN' FOR DEVDAS IN BLU-RAY §

Hey, why I'm shouting ?  XD

I love Bollywood too !
I've got Sawariya in BR and the songs are quite good (lol @ the famous semi-nude singing session with the hero).

Thank you for your list !

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »
Nothing can beat Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, imo.

Offline Di@na

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 11:58:52 PM »
@Wonderboy: oh you are sooo welcome!!! :twothumbs  :heart: I will make some more lists for bollywood fans ;)

well sawaariya... i remember there was a fight between "om shanti om" fans and "sawaariya" fans when the movies were released at cinemas XD om shanti om became a blockbuster (well deserved!!!) and sawaariya ended as a flop..  its maybe the weakest work of Sanjay Leela Bhansali but its not a bad movie ^__^ and you are right! the songs are really nice! and ranbir's "towel dance" is EPIC XD

maliciel: oh i remember this one! and you know, I think a movie with juhi and sharukh is always a good movie!
  :thumbup

I am a fan of kpop (since 7 years) and jpop fan (since 9 years) and bollywood fan since...childhood !!! XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Epic List!! Gotta look out for  those 70s movies :D

new in theaters is RAAVAN starring the lovely Aishwarya Rai

Offline Di@na

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »
 :bow: :bow: :bow: great trailer! aww Abhi and Aishu again together in a movie!!! the sexiest married couple ever <3

what do you think about "I hate Love Stories"? I love Imran! He is sooo cool! And Sonam is a gorgeous girl! I am kind a existed about this movie:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
The Bollywood Thread
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »
To be honest, I've probably only watches about 10 Bollywood films ever, but some are really interesting. I can't say much for my taste in them, but I remember liking Dil Chahta Hai a lot.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 10:33:53 AM »
Watching Bollywood movies builds character, imo. Or at least, patience. :lol:

Offline Di@na

!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »
@ Deft-Monkey: dil chahta hai is a wonderful movie! definitely one of my favorites ;) amir khan and preity together is just EPIC  :heart:

@ maliciel: ahahahahhaha PATIENCE!!! so true XD my boyfriend also always says that 3-4 hours are really too much but he still loves bollywood movies as much as I do  :twothumbs

GUYS, I just read that Raajneeti became the first BLOCKBUSTER of 2010 !!!! WOW! Well its very political.. but huge stars like Ajay Devgan, Ranbir Kapoor, Arjun Rampal ( :heart: ) and Katrina Kaif (eeek why her again???? sorry I just can't stand her..) are part of this movie.

here the trailer:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »
^ STUNNING! looks like an epic historical oscar worthy piece

Great insight to the thread Di@na! There sure is more to Bollywood than just stereotypical dance numbers.

I came across this spy thriller Badmaash Company set in New York

looks fucking hilarious! scheming their way to the top!

Offline Di@na

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 10:24:26 AM »
yaaaaaaaaaaay daigong!!! badmaash company is so cool and entertaining! and i like the soundtrack by pritam :)
about the actors: well of course i am also a shahid fan like maaany bollywood fangirls ^^ OOH and you know what I read about meyang chang (that is the chinise guy) ?? he was one of the finalists for indian idol and chang "is a third-generation Chinese settler in India; his grandparents migrated from Hubei in the 20th century". ----> that is SO COOL  :heart:

and here is the trailer to a hit movie of 2010 "my name is khan" (by karan johar with his favorites sharukh khan and kajol.. those two are an epic movie couple)

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:49:32 AM by Di@na »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 08:55:59 AM »
^ looks like an intense thriller set in midtown USA! got chills watching that. Protect the president man! Kajol's eyes just blaze right into you!

WHOA! Meyang chang singing indian, we're everywhere! that reminds me of Gill Mohindepaul Singh aka Kiu Bo Bo (喬寶寶) - who was born in Hong Kong and does comedic roles on local station TVB:

He's hilarious XD

Offline Di@na

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 11:47:34 AM »
oh i didn't know him!!! an indian guy who is a comedian in hong kong!! how cool is that?? XD

ok here I want to present you Karthik Calling Karthik (2010) with Farhan Akhtar and Deepika Padukone!
unfortunately this movie ended as a FLOP in india...

it has some great songs like Uff Teri Adaa (i LOVE this song):

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:03:54 PM by Di@na »

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »
How do you two find all these movies, they all seem great. "Badmaash Company" looks like a better version of Ocean's 11, I was smiling and nodding my head to the music through that trailer. "My Name is Khan" seems pretty stock standard for Sharukh Khan, but really beautiful story as usual. "Karthik Calling Karthik" - catchy song, that Uff Teri Adaa! Looks cute. Oh oh, the Chinese guy in "Badmaash Company" just cracked me up, I like the film already!

One of the things I love about Bollywood as opposed to Hollywood is that they don't hold back on the plot. From what I've seen, they try to go all out on the story and don't just cover up lack of substance with special effects (obviously, there are some exceptions). Watching these trailers has made me want to start watching some Bollywood films again, just need to get the chance. Haha, my English tutor would never forgive me, spiteful Sri Lankan woman.

Offline Di@na

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »
@Deft-Monkey:  I visit some bollywood websites like http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/ where you can find news and also traliers ^.^ I know another very good bollywood website but its in german http://www.molodezhnaja.ch/india-hits.htm --> there you can see the top 20 succesful movies in india from 1954 till today ^.^

here another new trailer of we are family with kajol <3, arjun rampal and kareena kapoor (or not her again lol)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 09:04:52 AM »
:shock: Di@na<3333

did u hear Deepika Padukone is signed to do Hamlet!!

hands down one of the sexiest women ALIVE!!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tomosaka Rie - Shoujo Robot